Bill Clinton on the Obama economy: “It’s true — we’re not fixed”

posted at 6:41 pm on October 18, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

At a campaign event for Barack Obama in Ohio earlier today, President Bill Clinton acknowledged that Mitt Romney’s main argument is, indeed, true — the economy “isn’t fixed.”

Governor Romney’s argument is, ‘We’re not fixed, so fire him and put me in.’ It is true, we’re not fixed. When President Obama looked into the eyes of that man, who said in the debate, ‘I had so much hope four years ago, and I don’t now,’ I thought he was gonna’ cry — because he knows that it’s not fixed.

As the Romney camp responded shortly thereafter, the numbers are what they are, and no amount of spin on even seemingly-piddling unemployment “improvements” can change that (via the Weekly Standard):

“We agree with former President Bill Clinton.  The economy has not been fixed under President Barack Obama.  Today, more than 23 million Americans are struggling for work, poverty has increased and food stamps are at record levels.  Mitt Romney believes we can do better by creating 12 million new jobs with higher take-home pay, cutting spending to put our nation on course for a balanced budget, and actually fixing our economy.”

But here’s the real problem with President Clinton’s appeal: He’s purposefully confusing “empathizing” and “governing.” Sure, President Obama might feel very deeply for the many people who’ve lost their jobs and are struggling to make ends meet, and he probably really wants to make it easier for those people to find employment again — any non-sociopathic human being probably feels about the same way, and the rest of us don’t even have presidential elections to win. But as the results of the past four years suggest, merely wanting to fix the economy does not in any shape, manner, or form mean you have the competence to do so. President Obama knows it isn’t fixed, but he has no real second-term agenda beyond continuing the policies that have kept our economy in a state of stagnation throughout his presidency; and we’re supposed to give him “four more years!”, because he feels badly? If this, Big Bird, and binders equate to some of his top surrogates’ best available arguments in the final three weeks of the campaign, heads up, Chicago: You’ve got a problem.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obama cares nothing for anyone but himself. He couldn’t care less if people are hurting; all he cares about is taking over the world. He and Clinton are two of the chief rivals for “King of Nations” (Putin is another), and subjecting America to his rule is his first step in that direction.

Hear what God prophesied about us: “Wherefore I will bring the worst of the heathen, and they shall possess their houses: I will also make the pomp of the strong to cease, and their holy places shall be defiled.” (Ezekiel 7:24; read verses 23 through 27 to get the whole picture).

Two “worst of the heathen” now possess the White House: an Iranian and a Kenyan. America has its first two female presidents, one of which will “come out” after the election and declare himself a sodomite.

Our “holy places” have been defiled by sodomite “marriages” and by formerly Christian denominations ordaining these abominable ones to places in the ministry.

Furthermore, America is being governed by Jezebel, the spirit of witchcraft. Jezebel is subverting all authority to herself in these End Times. Why do you think DHS is doing what it is doing? Why is Mayor Bloomberg afflicting New Yorkers? It’s Jezebel, and she is by no means finished in America. Under the heel we go; the Nazification of America is well under way, and it’s all part of God’s judgment on this idolatrous nation.

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet!

Gordy on October 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Wait. Did Bill think the man who lost hope was going to cry or Obama? To me it seems like he’s referring to Obama but it could go either way, giving Bill plausibly deniability… I did not have sexual relations with that woman (Hillary), Miss Lewinsky (I still want you, babe).

Fallon on October 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Gordy on October 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Cool sparky.

Now do Star Wars.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I don’t think BO gives a flip about these people, he only cares about his approval ratings. If he cared about people who’ve lost their jobs he wouldn’t be shutting down drilling in the gulf, coal companies, the Keystone Pipeline, and so forth. He has an agenda and he’s going to follow it, the peeps be damned. I’ll leave it to the shrinks to decide whether that heartless insistence on ideology regardless of results is sociopathic.

Buy Danish on October 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Someone on the first page probably mentioned it, I’m not gonna search….

But if anything should have been fixed, it is Bill Clinton Hillary shoulda seen to it. Or better yet, Bill’s Mama should have been fixed, in early 1945 or earlier.

LegendHasIt on October 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Gordy Obama cares nothing for anyone but himself

Exactly like. Narcissists can’t stand it when somebody else gets attention.We have another Emperor Caligula on our hands.

MaiDee on October 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I used to call Mitt a milquetoast. I apologized after the first debate and I apologize again. He’s definitely acting with more spine than any GOP candidate I can remember with the exception of Reagan.

Dack Thrombosis on October 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I must confess as well. One of the things I liked about Newt was his backbone, and I wasn’t seeing that in Mitt in the primaries. I certainly see it now, and for that and more, I have come to believe Gov. Romney was the right candidate all along. So I will offer an apology too, for not seeing that strength and commitment Mitt has to help us rid our country of a man who never should have been able to rise to the level of the Oval Office. He is obviously working very hard to win this…and he has earned my complete respect and gratitude.

lynncgb on October 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Gordy on October 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Tinfoil much?

Resist We Much on October 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I gotta say I have doubts about that… as there was so much more he could and should have done to help matters. Those pivots towards “jobs” never seemed to have resulted in anything more than a pivot in the direction of his next campaign stop.

lynncgb on October 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Be interesting to know how many people actually believe or trust anything Slick Willie has to say.

GarandFan on October 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Suttle…

… isn’t he?

Seven Percent Solution on October 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Nah…and he’s not subtle, either!

Suttle is the stupid D-rat mayor of Omaha, and any other city that wants him can have him free of charge!

Benedict Nelson on October 18, 2012 at 10:31 PM

BJ Clinton: Obama is mean! He threw Hil under the bus. Even worse, he chained me to the stage when I was giving my speech at the convention, so I couldn’t chase those dancing vajayjays arond the arena! Sniffle…

Benedict Nelson on October 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Hard to even take the time to listen to a guy who tried to steal furniture from the White House…among many, many other things.

Just a really creepy man.

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Dack Thrombosis on October 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

lynncgb on October 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM

…it feels good to read posts like this!

KOOLAID2 on October 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quoth the President: “Et tu, Bill!

The Clintons smell the blood of a wounded fish; it’s becoming more obvious now. Will they move in to completely sabotage him as payback? Will they expose yet another major crack in his armor?

It’s bound to get more intriguing, loyal fans. Stay tuned to your set! Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.

OneVision on October 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Rats commence disembarking good ship HopenChange at break-neck speed…isn’t it fun to watch?

johnnybgood on October 19, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Clinton did not say, as Erika typed as the subtitle of this thread, “I thought Obama was going to cry.” Bubba probably meant he thought the townhall questioner was about to cry, but I wouldn’t put it past him (Bubba, not the questioner) to phrase it as he did deliberately. Either way, the “not fixed” remark is spot on.

Just want to get that quote correct.

Christien on October 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Does he want US “fixed” like that poor dog that he keeps talking about?

mechkiller_k on October 19, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Lots of people have been crying the past four years, losing their jobs and their homes, while Barry shut down drilling in the Gulf, cancelled the Keystone pipeline, sabotaged coal, and showered his green cronies with tax dollars for their pie-in-the-sky projects. In the meantime he whiled away the time playing golf, vacationing in luxury resorts and hobnobbing with the stars.

Barry only cares about himself and his Marxist ideology. Kleenex-time on November 6…

Antivenin on October 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Never forget that the first people to question Obama’s citizenship and place of birth were the Clintons. As soon as the 2008 primary season failed for Hillary, that was the last heard from them about any Obama negatives. Those would be useful clips to bring back up right about now. Not the citizenship ones, but Rezko, Wright, Ayres. Yes, the Clintons brought all of those names up back in 2008, as well.

Freelancer on October 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Sparky? Tinfoil? Sorry you don’t understand the times and seasons, but God has most assuredly spoken to us about America from 30 June 1998 until this day.

“SHE WILL SELL HERSELF”

Monday, 13 August 2012: Julie went aside well after our evening Word session and received this from the Holy Spirit.

“I am planning an immense fall for America, says the Lord, a fall that will desolate and amaze her people. I am sending America sliding over the cliff into financial ruin. America’s fall has only begun, and there are many more chapters to be written before the tale is told. I am bringing financial ruin to this nation. And when I am through, her wealth will be scattered and gone, and she will sell herself for a piece of bread.

“Walk softly before Me in these days, says the Lord. For I am forming My people into My image even as I bring down America around you, says the Lord Who has mercy on you. Amen and amen.”

Scoff and mock at your own risk. But this election is totally meaningless. Everything is out of man’s hands and in God’s.

Gordy on October 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM

If people were actually educated in civics anymore they would know that to “fix” things you have to work through the Congress and Senate. We are a nation of 50 states whose representatives are sent to Washington D.C. This President decided that he didn’t need to do that and did what he could through Executive Orders, self-appointed czars and corrupt Party leaders such as Pelosi and Reid. Liberal policies are one thing, but Socialism is quite another. I doubt that most people who are recipients of government assistance want that life for their children and grandchildren.

America is about opportunity, freedom, free enterprise and capitalism. Obama could never fix things.

lea on October 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM

WOW BOMBSHELL STORY

Dave Rywall on October 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

In my fantasy, Romney comes out Monday night and, first thing, says, “you’re not gonna cry again, are ya?”

SailorMark on October 18, 2012 at 7:07 PM