Biden: Our daughters are entitled to every single solitary operation

posted at 8:41 am on October 18, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Via PJ Media and Washington Free Beacon, Joe Biden gives us a little insight into future of Democratic governance.  Bryan Preston gets a chuckle out of this, wondering if Biden thinks that his daughters are entitled to vasectomies, and tells the Vice President that the Onion “want[s] their writers back.” There is more to this that deserves attention, though:

BIDEN: I want to make this clear so there no misunderstanding anybody. I got a daughter, lost a daughter, got four granddaughters, and Barack has two daughters. We are absolutely — this is to our core — my daughter, and my granddaughters and Barack’s daughters are entitled to every single solitary operation! EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OPERATION!

Bryan’s right in his approach that this is nonsense on stilts, but it’s dangerous nonsense on stilts.  Declaring that people are “entitled” to anything — especially goods and services — other than innate natural rights requires someone eventually to confiscate those goods and services to deliver them.  Girls and boys should have access to the widest possible range of medical services, based on their ability to compensate those who deliver those services.  No one is “entitled” to plastic surgery, to use another example, without coughing up the cash to pay for it.  It’s not the government’s role to interfere with that access, but it’s also not the government’s role to confiscate those goods and services to force providers to deliver them.

Besides, if Joe’s daughters are “entitled to EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OPERATION, then why have Barack Obama and Joe Biden created the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), which exists to deny care to Medicare patients based on cost and their assessment of the value of the life involved? Biden’s daughters are entitled to operations, but seniors are only allowed to take a pill and die quietly, it seems.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Fallon on October 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Actually, could use a little 420 right about now…the meds are really taking a toll.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I guess you are right to point this out ED but my first thought is after watching what the base “needs” from Biden and Obama there is nothing serious to their presentations that you can critique.

Apparently the left has devolved into some kind of cult where the wilder the claims against the other side the better. Facts and reality have no meaning as long as the speech is loud and has serious accusations about Republicans in it. I guess this makes sense. They aren’t really an ideology but special interest group lusting for power and what they say to get it is meaningless. By meaningless they don’t think of the truth or implications for the country or whatever. It’s a mindless monster that the country will rue the day it re-elected if it does. Stanley Kurtz had a good article in the headlines about this.

Conan on October 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM

And I’m entitled not to have to pay for Biden’s daughters surgical needs.

bgibbs1000 on October 18, 2012 at 10:27 AM

God have NO MERCY on the souls of these politicians that support the killing of the unborn.

PappyD61 on October 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I understand your ire but how is this heart attitude any different than theirs?

chemman on October 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM

C’mon, don’t be modest. You’re worth at least a $42.00 donation. :)

Fallon on October 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I’m modest. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM

the meds are really taking a toll.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

rut-roh, get well soon warrior

DanMan on October 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Prostate exam ladies? Anyone?

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

What the what? and who are those idiots cheering this lunatic?

And is it just Joe and Barack’s daughters or everybody’s? He only mentioned their daughters.

jdpaz on October 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Actually, could use a little 420 right about now… the meds are really taking a toll.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Hang in there, big guy. I think it’s allowed in Michigan. Do whatever it takes. We need you.

Fallon on October 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Did they give Joe a lobotomy by mistake when putting in his plugs?

This is ridiculous

txdoc on October 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM

No problem, Plugs, but not abortion and birth control with tax payers money.

Wade on October 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Wait. I thought he was saying just his daughters and granddaughters, and Barack’s daughters?

BKeyser on October 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

If I were Biden’s daughter, I might just be wishing right now that he’d had a vasectomy early on.

It must be a special cross to bear having such an embarrassment for a father.

natasha333 on October 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I don’t hate these divisive, demagogic fascists in this administration with a passion, but I really, really, REALLY want to vomit on their $800 suits with a passion.

locomotivebreath1901 on October 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Well this is cool!
Where do I sign up for my new t!t$?

Badger40 on October 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

One. Heartbeat. Away.

Yikes.

pambi on October 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I’m a woman. I’m also a bereaved parent–a daughter. I find Biden’s use of his daughters and granddaughters repulsive. I find Biden repulsive. He reminds me of a sleazy little twerp I ran into a lot years ago. A jolly Irishman from the Irish Embassy. He showed up everywhere. The men thought he was great fun. He had waundering hands. Sneaky feel a woman up hands. Men forgave him because he’d “had a few” or that’s just Old Saun (not his name). He actually did that to me while I was 8 months pregnant. I was so surprised he’d escaped before I could kick him where it would hurt. Next time I encountered the creep I wasn’t pregnant and I hadn’t forgot, so I told him what I would do. He was actually shocked. Joe Biden. A jolly, bragadocio blowheart who has gotten away with lies and bad behavior for so long, he really doesn’t GET he’s a total creep.

I’ve talked to several other women after his wild performance. They agreed (and they aren’t all conservatives). Biden made their skin crawl.

Portia46 on October 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Yup, a woman without a prostate problem is like a man without a breast -enhancement issue.

What actual immature children some idiots elected.

Don L on October 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

gotta wonder about a crowd that would go crazy after a nut said something like that.

On a different note: Romney should run this as an ad with only one addition – a text that says: “a heart beat away from the presidency”.

katablog.com on October 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Nobody has a “right” to anything that requires the labor or property of another.

tommyboy on October 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Well said.
Needs to be a bumper sticker.

Badger40 on October 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Joe and Obama are just gender-segregationists, and caste-system generators….

Don L on October 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM

This is not at all what the democratics’ expert on death panels, the ghoulish Ezekiel Emanuel thinks. He sees children under 15 as having little value to the community, and their medical care would be rationed just as that for old folks.

We should expect this from the party that celebrates abortion.

slickwillie2001 on October 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Portia46 on October 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

He may be sleazy-but I am a ‘little twerp’-and I ain’t nuthin’ like Biden. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on October 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM

They have no idea what they’re doing. None whatsoever.

KMC1 on October 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Joe Biden knows he’s a man right?

There is no way on God’s green earth he can speak for woman when he has no female parts…..Just saying!

ActinUpinTexas on October 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Well, it’s clear to me what Biden is saying. Our daughters are entitled to every single operation. But our mothers and grandmothers aren’t.

J.E. Dyer on October 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Do he wants his daughters and granddaughters to get breast implants too?

Wolftech on October 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Schedule the lot of them for exploratory brain surgery, stat!

Mason on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

He didn’t say operations on whom. So, America’s daughters are entitled to a lobotomy of Biden.

Christien on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Prostate exam ladies? Anyone?

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Aren’t those provided by TSA?

kim roy on October 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM

LOL. Apologies.

Portia46 on October 18, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Do he wants his daughters and granddaughters to get breast implants too?

Wolftech on October 18, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Or how about that fun little snip-snip on a girls V-place that the Mooslums do?

Nutstuyu on October 18, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Are fractal laser treatments covered under this entitlement? Because if so, I’m calling the plastic surgeon to make an appointment. I could use some lift at the jaw line. Do I just tell them Biden told me to call?

NoLeftTurn on October 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Takeaway:

Entitled

It begins and ends there.

juanito on October 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Maybe, we can get a suite for all of us to go together?

Fallon on October 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Do any of you need help picking out sizes?

Nutstuyu on October 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM

There are two operations we know Joe has found himself entitled to:

1. Hair plugs (thus the scar-hiding mullet).

2. Lobotomy.

gatsbysgirlontheside on October 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Jeez what a bozo. And the state that elected him to congress all those years was?

jake49 on October 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Having Biden as their dad or granddad I could see a lobotomy or two…just think how happy Hollywood is with this announcement, every single operation…Plastic surgeons are toasting Biden as we post.

right2bright on October 18, 2012 at 1:01 PM

gatsbysgirlontheside on October 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Step away from my computer, push send, and I stepped on your lobotomy line…my apology.

right2bright on October 18, 2012 at 1:02 PM

You’re misunderstanding what Biden is saying. He’s saying that HIS and BARAK’S daughters are entitled to these operations, not all you little people and your daughters. They’re SoL.

njrob on October 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Barack’s*

njrob on October 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM

That stuff’s in the constitution man. Read it. Joe has.

Sugar Land on October 18, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Read it? Joe was in the room when they wrote it. “I was there man!”

Buck_Nekkid on October 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM

He was one of 8 people in the room when this was hammered out between Madison and Lincoln!

tom on October 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Biden is such an idiot, you would think he had a boob job . . .

BigAlSouth on October 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Biden is kind of a boob job….

tom on October 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Aren’t those provided by TSA?

kim roy on October 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Lol! Good point!

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Biden is promoting female circumcision?

malclave on October 18, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Did they give Joe a lobotomy by mistake when putting in his plugs?

This is ridiculous

txdoc on October 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM

He was pretty sure they said Bottle in Front of me.

landowner on October 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

And, this guy claims he is a practicing Catholic? Since the Bidens averaged less than $400 in contributions to charity for the past 10 years, it doesn’t appear that Joe and Jill are supporting the Church financially either.

bw222 on October 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

the Onion “want[s] their writers back.”

Great line.
Biden seems to think he is on a roll, really making a difference.
Still hasn’t come down from his debate day meds, would be my guess.

Go get em, Joe.

PaleoRider on October 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Watch those teeth, Biden!

Make sure you have plenty of glue to hold them in.

avagreen on October 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

…and every drop of Gardasil.

Dr. ZhivBlago on October 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM