Quotes of the day

posted at 10:51 pm on October 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

Speaking in Mount Vernon, Iowa, Mr. Obama made his own reference to Mr. Romney’s “binders” comment, saying that there were enough talented women in the country that finding them required no special search.

Mr. Romney, at a campaign rally in Chesapeake, Va., hit back. “This president has failed America’s women,” he said. “They’ve suffered in terms of getting jobs. They’ve suffered in terms of falling into poverty.”…

Through polling and focus groups, the Romney campaign has found that while undecided women said they were concerned primarily about economic issues, they were troubled by whether Mr. Romney’s positions on issues like abortion and contraception were too unyielding…

Mr. Romney’s campaign had its own offensive ready. In a phone call with reporters, Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire said “when the president talks about women’s issues he doesn’t talk about his vision for how he’s going to make sure that we address the number of women who are under- or unemployed.”

***

“You heard the debate last night,” Biden told a crowd of more than 1,000 at the Island Grove Regional Park Exhibition Hall. “When Gov. Romney was asked a direct question about equal pay, he started talking about binders. Whoa! The idea that he had to go and ask where a qualified woman was, he just should have come to my house. He didn’t need a binder.

“For good measure, Romney said, on multiple occasions, that he wants to get rid of Planned Parenthood,” Biden added. “Look, talk about being out of touch. It’s not just the Swiss bank accounts and the Cayman Islands. No, really isn’t. It’s more than that. That I understand him doing. I can’t understand someone running for president doing [it], but I can understand him doing it. … But what I can’t understand is how he has gotten in this sort of 1950s time warp in terms of women.”

***

On CBS Wednesday morning, vice presidential running mate Paul Ryan defended Romney’s point.

“All he simply meant was that he went out of his way to try to recruit qualified women to serve in his administration when he was governor,” the Republican congressman told “CBS This Morning.” “That’s really what he was saying. And, by the way, he has an exceptional record of hiring women in very prominent positions in his administration, and that’s the point he was making.”

***

An adviser to the Romney campaign with knowledge of Romney’s hiring process acknowledged that the former governor had been approached about — and agreed to — the pledge before taking office, and that the outside group had already been engaging in independent outreach efforts to solicit resumes for women who would be willing to work in government. The adviser, however, argued that Romney “actively sought” the binders out upon taking office because he wanted to make use of their resources.

“When Governor Romney came into office he undertook to fulfill his pledge. And while many of the top positions were filled by women who Gov. Romney found on his own through the transition process, through his business contacts, he also worked very cooperatively with the Massachusetts Women’s Caucus and reached out to them to make use of them and their resources,” the Romney adviser told CBS News. “We didn’t have to accept those names, we didn’t have to ask them for it to fulfill the pledge.”…

According to a study by the University of Massachusetts Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy using data provided by MassGAP, the percentage of women appointed to senior-level positions in Massachusetts government did rise – from approximately 30 percent prior to the 2002 election to 42 percent by 2004. Among those appointed were Kerry Healey, who became Romney’s lieutenant governor (and also served as the liaison in the process with MassGAP) and chief of staff Beth Myers. Between 2004 and 2006, the study says women made up just 25 percent of Romney’s 64 new appointments, lower than when he was elected.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM

My partner in crime was MIA I thought..had to play a tune.
Now applauds yet.
I dont got your style.
Cheers..clink*
Deserved I am sure.

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Apparently the woman who asked the ak-47 question works for the O campaign in Nassau county, NY…

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

That is what we’re fighting for after all. Or at least most of us are.

Flora Duh on October 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Glad it wasn’t just me who noticed. Its off putting and doesn’t help. He is trying hard to rile.

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Good evening, B! How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I’m not MIA….I’m lurking, enjoying a small, very special, dutch Raspberry liqueur and a hand made chocolate after luxuriating in a long, hot bath.

I worked like a demon the last several days, and now I’m treating myself.

Good evening, B9.:)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:28 PM

After reading that I’m starting to sweat and pant. I have visions of Kathleen Turner walking out onto the patio in Body Heat.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Not everyone on the other side realizes how f**ked up they are, but that is no reason for giving them civility when they have no intention of giving any to us. If they bring a knife

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

OT/ One of the chosen questioners at the debate.

Mimzey on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Really?

Link please!

JPeterman on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

So is everyone optimistic about Mitt chances?

All we need is OH.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

You have plenty of style! I liked your tune very much.:)

How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I see the liberals have their panties in a bunch over Tagg Romney.

Mark1971 on October 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Funny how the media keeps making fun of the Romneys for being wholesome. We can’t elect a guy who is too clean cut! Tagg Romney makes an off-color joke….HOW DARE HE!

terryannonline on October 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM

So is everyone optimistic about Mitt chances?

All we need is OH.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Or Wisconsin…

Lots of ways to win now…

MGardner on October 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Good evening, Spark! Or is it iSpark? Thank you. You’re very sweet.:)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Cutter pretty???

Lerena bobbitt was a looker too, huh?

Evil isn’t pretty.

wolly4321 on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Already digging in the trash cans of the town hall attendees I see. Have you no shame? Your guy lost. Accept it.

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

JPeterman on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Only link I can find.

Someone posted more on Twitter.

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You have a thing for DWS also.

RickB on October 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

He obviously has a thing for women on Barney Stinson’s Hot/Crazy Scale

Eventaully, he WILL repent … or get stabbed in the eye.

PolAgnostic on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

HAL…sing DAISY.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM

You have plenty of style! I liked your tune very much.:)

How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I am super. lol

Hows this for going glam back?
It fits the tread actually..
JunkYard.

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Blow it out your ass, little boy. Why did the Obama campaign stack the townhall?

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

“Women have become accustomed to strong words from politicians on equality and our role in the world. They are, after all, trying to win our votes. But when Mitt Romney talks about women, when he says he believes that we can do any job a man can do, I know from experience that he’s speaking from the heart.

I served as Lt. Governor with Mitt Romney when he was Governor of Massachusetts. In fact, of the twenty top positions in the Romney administration, ten of them were filled by women, more than any other state in the nation. Romney’s Chief of Staff was a woman – Beth Myers. As we took office, our administration actively sought to recruit the best and brightest women the Commonwealth had to offer. And Governor Romney wasn’t just checking a box. He sought out our counsel, and he listened to our advice. We didn’t always agree, but we were always respected. Mitt Romney didn’t judge the people who were in his administration by their gender. He wanted the best, male or female. There’s no greater evidence that Mitt Romney will represent all Americans than his record of treating all people fairly and impartially. His was a brand of leadership that got things done by bringing people together, not dividing them.

We need that kind of leadership today. People are hurting in this country, and women especially have been suffering. The numbers are stark. Five-and-a-half million women are unemployed. Under President Obama, the number of women living in poverty has climbed to a record high of nearly twenty-six million.

Despite President Obama’s best efforts — and despite his soaring rhetoric — his policies simply haven’t worked. In the two debates we have seen so far, we’ve heard the President give excuses for his disappointments, but we haven’t heard him offer a specific plan or concrete proposals detailing how the next four years will be any different than the last four years.

We can’t afford four more years of the status quo.

What we need is change, and that is precisely what Governor Romney is offering. He has a plan that will create twelve million new jobs, one that will get our economy moving again and lift Americans back out of poverty. He’ll do it by offering strong leadership and by working across the aisle with Republicans and Democrats.

I know that he can accomplish these goals because I have seen him do it before. And when he does succeed, millions of women will have good jobs with rising pay and new opportunities to fulfill their dreams. That is the kind of empowerment and equality that we need now more than ever.”

- Kerry Healey

VorDaj on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

You have a thing for DWS also.

RickB on October 17, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I don’t see her as “aesthetically” ugly.
I also don’t see Janeane Garofalo, or Rosie O’Donnell as aesthetically ugly, either.
But I wouldn’t enter any of them in a Super Model contest.

It’s their attitudes and corresponding behavior that is UGLY++++++.

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Or Wisconsin…

Lots of ways to win now…

MGardner on October 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I should qualify and say we either need OH to win or

WI and either NH or NV or IA…

Yes the map is starting to look favorable…

MGardner on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

HotAirLib

I would like you to meet
my monkey boot.

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Too unyielding on abortion and contraception? How?

In the case of abortion, repealing the Mexico City EO? What do American women care about that? How is Romney going to “overturn Roe v. Wade”? Is Romney stupid enough to waste political capital trying to pass federal legislation outlawing legislation?

In the case of contraception, is requiring all but the poor to pay for their contraception too unyielding? I never realized that middle-class and affluent women were so helpless.

When did Romney say that he’d get rid of PP? Where would he get that power?

Let’s keep in mind, Romney doesn’t insist that the federal government contribute directly to the Mormon church. Why should should Biden insist that the federal government contribute to the liberal church of abortion? PP DOES NOT provide mamograms; at most, it refers woman to those who can perform mamograms.

BuckeyeSam on October 17, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I am hoping, and I’m also a little confident, that the American people will reject liberal policies (and liberal politicians)

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

How many people were digging through Sarah Palin’s trash, douchbag?

And here is what is important.

CBS Poll: Romney Wins 65-34 on Economy;
CNN Poll: Romney Wins 54-40 on Economy,
49-46 on Health Care,
51-44 on Taxes,
59-36 on Deficit,
49-46 on Leadership,

And I’m still waiting on King Obama’s plan.

JPeterman on October 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Cutter pretty???

Lerena bobbitt was a looker too, huh?

Evil isn’t pretty.

wolly4321 on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Pretty is “skin deep.”

Evil is to the core.

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

All we need is OH.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

OK, you’ve got Ohio.

Anything else or shall we call it a night?

PolAgnostic on October 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I don’t see her as “aesthetically” ugly.

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Seriously?

Or are you just joking?

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I like that tune, and the band is new to me. I also liked the exterior shots with LA. Very nice. Thanks.:)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

A little slow this evening, or at least it seems that way. Oh well, how about a tune from the greatest band you’ve never heard of…

IamDA on October 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Hawkerflyer on October 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

First three pages look to be tax forms.

other three look to be letters of certification.

Or Recommendation.

Didn’t Daily Caller blurb the other day they had something big?

Was it just more Rev Wright stuff?

Or is this DC going undercover, because their credibility has taken a hit.

They’ve been the only ones to find anything “new”. And its all been from Chicago.

Geezus. Are those Obama’s financial aid forms?

budfox on October 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I don’t see her as “aesthetically” ugly.
But I wouldn’t enter any of them in a Super Model contest.

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

You need to get your eyes checked.

JPeterman on October 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Only stupid women will vote for Obama, especially again.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Did HAL go for a ride in Jim Messina’s van?

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I was willing to cede you Cutter, although she’s no great beauty, certainly, she’s not what I’d call ‘ugly’, either, however, when you throw in Garafalo and O’Donnell, you’ve gone a league too far, L2G.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

that was good. mooch would clap for that.

GhoulAid on October 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Hey there HAL, care to to show where this text is incorrect? LOL.

ManWithNoParty on October 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Aww..very old..my HS days..one hit glam wonder.
Had the “tape” lol.
They have another decent song..

Here you are. You know..Simple Man. :)

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

You need to get your eyes checked.

JPeterman on October 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Anyone getting intimate with the liberal women he has listed so far will need to get a number of things checked.

PolAgnostic on October 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

The media, and Kandi Krawly.

Let God save the king. ha ha ha

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:47 PM

And I’m still waiting on King Obama’s plan.

JPeterman on October 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM

His plan is the less you have the more he has.

VorDaj on October 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Someone posted more on Twitter.

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Well thanks for that, but it only says she’s a registered Democrat.

JPeterman on October 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

listens2glenn

on October 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Seriously?

Or are you just joking?

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

( s i g h ) . . . seriously, and NOT joking.
Look, FOLKS . . . . . my wife is no better looking than any of them. But her attitude is as beautiful as they come, and I wouldn’t trade her for the world.

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Only stupid women people will vote for Obama, especially again.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Fixed. Although I rarely need to fix you. :)
Hmmmm..DNC in my mail box..only fliers about abortion
here in Fl. heh..thats all they got.
I dont give a s$$t.

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You are entitled to your stupidity but not to your facts.

She is an operative and that’s not trashy.

The town hall should have been held in a swing state, for anyone logical. Most of the questioners were leftists from NY state.

NO one lost. Accept it. Otherwise take your head out of your azz, or from elsewhere, and get some strong mouth wash.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The Obama staffer who pretended to be an undecided voter has no shame. She’s a fraud You have no shame, and you’re a fraud as well. Stop pretending you have some kind of moral compass. You don’t, and you’re not fooling anyone.

joejm65 on October 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Good evening, B! How are you this evening?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Good Evening Jackie! I’m well thank you. Glad to hear you made it through to the fine reward of an adult libation! *clink!* Sorry it took a minute to respond. I was between machines. Devices, well moving from a computer machine thingy over to the iPad thingy. Its complicated, not really. ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Public opinion polling companies.

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Sorry. My mistake.

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Yes… I like that one, too. Cool. :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM

The older lady with the b.s. “equal pay for equal work” question is with Code Pink (and btw: Ledbetter does not guarantee equal pay — it only extends time to file wage discrimination claim; wage discrimination has been illegal via the EEOC rules for *years* but if people were smart, there would be no Obama voters).

All the poor stupid progs — the fact that Obama showed up with a pulse yet *still* had to have the MSM carry him by stacking the deck in his favor re: questions & moderator carrying him all of which amounted to him sucking less than last time & they count it as a “win.”

But again, if people were smart, there would be no Obama voters. I mean, these people *actually* think the US Tax Code provides companies with a “tax break” for shipping jobs overseas & that gas prices were $1.89 a gallon in 2008 because the “economy was about to collapse.”

Dark Star on October 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM

SurveyUSA is polling Ohio and using way too many Dems.

Result is 45 O and 42 R with a D+7 sample. It was effectively D+5 in 2008. They’re way oversampling Dems for this election and O can’t get over 45 there….he’s screwed in Ohio. Take it to the bank.

Especially when Dem outfit PPP is claiming their polling has essentially stayed the same since the debate…

jaygatz33 on October 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I understand, logistics are often troublesome! lol!

I’m glad to hear that you’re well, B, or should I call you “Mr.5000″ now?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM

First three pages look to be tax forms.

other three look to be letters of certification.

Or Recommendation.

Didn’t Daily Caller blurb the other day they had something big?

Was it just more Rev Wright stuff?

Or is this DC going undercover, because their credibility has taken a hit.

Geezus. Are those Obama’s financial aid forms?

budfox on October 17, 2012 at 11:44

PM

They are definitely not tax forms…

Only the IRS and Romney’s accounting firm has those and it’s a illegal to release them…

Plus if you look seems some sort of seal in the upper left hand corner, like an government seal…

MGardner on October 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

“pretty is skin deep”

And you mention rosie o’donnel?

That’s a lot of skin under the chin.

Never once have I ever thought, yea I’d hit that. Not even drunk.

wolly4321 on October 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Heartwarming

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I almost skipped that. Thanks very much, Electrongod!

IamDA on October 17, 2012 at 11:20 PM

No prob…
Thanks for posting..

Dudes…
[And I mean that lightly]
Tomorrow..

Electrongod on October 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Your guy was terrible. High gas prices – a sign that the economy has come back roaring loool :) 8% unemployment and 1.3 estimated growth (bordering recession) for first term next year? I am sure average joe feels so much better and reassured now that he knows why he has to pay more out of his pocketfor for gas and everything else…never mind those gas prices actually reflect his disastruous energy policies…

jimver on October 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Big Bird Turd and no Binders.

How desperate are they?

aunursa on October 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Gratis

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

HAL was also a big supporter of the NFL replacement refs.

malclave on October 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Thanks B9 – you’re right, of course.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Obama messed up royally in Libya. Our economy is in the dumpster. Our debt is massive.

But you know what I REALLY care about? Mitt saying “binders of women” and Tagg Romney saying he gets angry.

terryannonline on October 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Yes… I like that one, too. Cool. :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Thx..tough crowd. lol..only you.

This is for my Bmore. And all..I know you are wrong!
A b9 fave.

HEAD STRONG
lets GO!

bazil9 on October 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

jaygatz33 on October 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM

SUSA also said that 18% had voted absentee, whereas the SOS site (real results) has it around 5%.

wargamer6 on October 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I loves the Ladies!

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Should have said “the smart Ladies”.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

MGardner on October 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Well, they could be leaks from Obama’s people in the IRS. It would be true to form.

Could they be state tax returns?

malclave on October 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

A long, long time ago, many said Romney would not do well with women. I said otherwise. Romney as it turns out is well liked by the ladies. They aren’t called better halfs for no reason.

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Sorry. My mistake.

jaime on October 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I’m not mad at any of you. My point is that making fun of the ‘looks and appearances’ of female idiots, distracts from their ‘idiocy and stupidity’.

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Dear God, please may I never suck to the point that I’m only hired to fill a wimmen quota. Sincerely, B’sK.

Bob's Kid on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM

you’re right, of course.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:56 PM

lol..not always.
Thx Schad. I respect the hell outta you.
I dont just give Big Bunny kisses out random. :)

bazil9 on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I can stand one more from them

jaime on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM

pamplonajack on October 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM

The freepers have done a good job with this. I’m fairly sure their information is good and that the right conclusion can be drawn here.

Apparently, octsurprise.com is a site owned by a far-lefty OWS’er named Jeff Hopwood. Check out this thread on Freerepublic.com:

Here

This guy used to own the domain ‘whatisoccupywallstreetabout.com’ and it was a site promoting the movement.

He’s also posted Anti-Romney comments in the past using his facebook account as well. He is Anti-Romney all the way.

Mr. Hopwood mentions in his twitter feed on octsurprise.com in an earlier tweet that his information is ‘irrefutable’ and will ‘turn the election into a 1984 style landslide’ and that ‘timing is everything’ He plans to release his information just hours before the foreign policy debate on Monday.

I’m speculating, but it has been a meme in leftist circles that Romney was a draft dodger. I’m willing to bet this info is something along those lines. It explains the timing and everything.

Corporal Tunnel on October 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

IamDA on October 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Never heard of the Tragically Hip?

LOL

Try The Xx…

tom daschle concerned on October 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

jimver on October 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM

“Well, think about what the governor — think about what the governor just said. He said when I took office, the price of gasoline was $1.80, $1.86. Why is that? Because the economy was on the verge of collapse, because we were about to go through the worst recession since the Great Depression, as a consequence of some of the same policies that Governor Romney’s now promoting. So, it’s conceivable that Governor Romney could bring down gas prices because with his policies, we might be back in that same mess.”

King Obama 10/16/2012

JPeterman on October 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Be here around 10PM EST 11-6. You can be our HA pinata or the centerpiece of those Japanese parties—your choice.

arnold ziffel on October 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I’m glad to hear that you’re well, B, or should I call you “Mr.5000″ now?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Take a second and go back to the thread here at the bottom.. Then glance up here at the top. it happens. ; )

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM

listens2glenn on October 17, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Yep. You’re right.

jaime on October 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Bob’s Kid on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Too late. There are many quota’s via aff action and so forth.
If your a black gay lady in a wheel chair..you got a job for evah.
Ask Lib die.

bazil9 on October 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Could they be state tax returns?

malclave on October 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

No they are not state returns either…

I prepare taxes (totally off topic, I actually have register with the IRS now which is just another tax it’s 125 bucks for the IRS and NY state is another 100+)…

The government just made this rule up out of nowhere for more money…

Anyway, no they are not tax returns…

MGardner on October 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Obama economic plan as it relates to women:

You will have free contraceptives, paid for by your tax-paying neighbors, and you’ll need them because you have no job, and neither does your husband, all you have for entertainment is your bedroom (and you can’t afford to have any more children).

Romney economic plan as it relates to women:

You will have to buy your own contraceptives, but you hardly notice the cost, because both you and your husband have good jobs, and Saturday night is your only “fun night” anyway, because you are both so tired from working long days and a few evenings at the new start-up company (started without any federal grants) and work is REALLY hectic, but oh-so-rewarding.

fred5678 on October 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Never heard of the Tragically Hip?

LOL

Try The Xx…

tom daschle concerned on October 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

You would be amazed how many American friends I have turned into Hip fans. Can’t wait to see them again next month when they hit town.

IamDA on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

“pretty is skin deep”

And you mention rosie o’donnel?

That’s a lot of skin under the chin.

Never once have I ever thought, yea I’d hit that. Not even drunk.

wolly4321 on October 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’ve never thought, “yea, I’d hit that” either.
But that’s not based on “looks”.
On the other hand, I’ve never been drunk. Maybe that would make a difference in my case.

listens2glenn on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Should have said “the smart Ladies”.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Oh, I really, really love the smart ones! Most of them are Conservative. ; )

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Romney’s theme song

jaime on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I can stand one more from them

jaime on October 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Cool Jaime!!

bazil9 on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

The gas prices are mostly higher because of crazy Ben Bernanke…

Maybe 40-60 cents have to do with production….

Otherwise, Bernanke is the reason everything is up including stocks, gold, gas and food…

MGardner on October 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 12:03 AM

You know…you won fair and square… it’s not important to me in the least… and I was just razzing you about the ‘Mr. 5000′ thing.

I think it was fun…and funny… and I enjoyed it very much! lol! I still am! :)

thatsafactjack on October 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Cool Jaime!!

bazil9 on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I’m happy you liked it, B9.

BTW, my folic acid is named after you.

jaime on October 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

thatsafactjack on October 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Well, at least you were there Al in St Lo thinks I can’t count. Hell at the risk of sounding immodest, I play the game as well as most and better than some. Lol! ; )

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

INC- where are you?
I was serious.
Are you?
Come on now.

bazil9 on October 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Horns.

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Try The Xx…

tom daschle concerned on October 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM

The xx are great too! I may see them in a couple of weeks if I can work it out.

IamDA on October 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I wonder how Mrs. Munford is doing? I think travel day was today, though I’m not sure now that I say that.

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Was just watching Erin Burnett’s segment about her focus group in Ohio and it sounds like her group wasn’t impressed by either O or R.

Since Obama supposedly won last night where are all the undecideds flocking to Obama? I don’t see them on CNN msnbc or Fox.
Biden supposedly won that debate n Romney is up 6 in Gallop today.

B Man on October 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I am happy to be your witness, B!:)

thatsafactjack on October 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

A BIG welcome to conservative_student. This is the place for learning, sharing and giving/taking abuse. It’s tough but can be fun too.

B9, back at ya.

Bmore, now you’re talkin’.

tafj, that sound too capitalistic :)

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Romney uses binders. Obama wears blinders.

If the gaffe don’t fit, you must acquit!

Christien on October 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM

bazil9 on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I’m happy you liked it, B9.

BTW, my folic acid is named after you.

jaime on October 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I did like it. Loves the horns-
I also am a huge Ska fan.
lol..I take a Tri B Plex vitamin. :)
Good for the nervous system. :)
I think sparkplug named me B9 and it stuck.

bazil9 on October 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM