Wrap up: The second debate; Update: Obama wins CBS insta-poll narrowly, but Romney wins big on economy; Update: Actually, Romney had a point, says Crowley

posted at 11:19 pm on October 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

The consensus among the righties that I follow on Twitter is that it was a push, with Romney acing his answer on the economy and underperforming when he finally took on The One on Libya. Better that than vice versa, though: As Ben Domenech said, only one of those is an issue that people will vote on.

There were several key exchanges — the staredown on energy, Romney politely distancing himself from Bush — but I’m giving you the economy and Libya answers below, via the Examiner and Daily Caller, respectively. Romney seemed unprepared for the pushback from Obama and his pal Candy on what he said about “acts of terror” in the Rose Garden on September 12; The One now wants us to believe that he was forthright about calling it a terrorist attack all along, when in fact he was so coy and evasive that Jay Carney had to clarify his view for the press more than two weeks later. Romney didn’t chase him on that or on all the other nonsense in the aftermath — blaming a “spontaneous protest” when even the earliest intel suggested a terror attack, running ads in Pakistan groveling over a private citizen’s insult to Mohammed, the snowballing revelations about just how indifferent State was to Chris Stevens’s security, etc. O even got to play the part of the indignant C-in-C, declaring how offended he was that anyone would accuse him of playing politics with this issue when, in fact, he’s been playing politics with it since day one. And of course, just as I expected, he finally took meaningless symbolic responsibility for the Benghazi security failure now that Hillary had covered his ass by taking responsibility herself last night.

The good news? Mitt gets another crack at the Libya attack in the next debate, which will focus exclusively on foreign policy. He’ll be very well prepared, rest assured. And since most of the media’s coverage tomorrow will focus on the Libya exchange tonight, that issue will continue to get plenty of coverage for the rest of the week. I can live with that. Exit quotation from Ben Smith: “Romney did, again, come away looking like a guy who could be president, which is probably the most important thing.” Yep.

Update: Here’s something else I can live with:

I’d much, much rather have had Romney make a strong impression on the economy than “win” overall with barely more than a one-third plurality. If you think undecideds are going to go into the booth in November and think hard about jobs, then these are the numbers you want to see.

Update: Like I said up top:

After that generic reference to “acts of terror” in the Rose Garden — which was so generic that the media forgot all about it for weeks afterward — the White House strained very hard not to call this a terror attack. They desperately wanted it to be a protest that got out of hand, all thanks to that Mohammed movie. If it’s a terror attack, then the administration has to explain why they didn’t see it coming and why The Man Who Got Bin Laden somehow let his ambassador’s compound be overrun by an Al Qaeda affiliate. Which narrative is better if you’re running a reelection campaign?

Update: I didn’t see it, but the word on Twitter is that Frank Luntz’s focus group tonight on Fox was simply brutal to Obama.

Update: I’m hearing now that Anderson Cooper challenged Crowley’s spin on the “acts of terror” comment on CNN’s post-debate show. Jay Cost is right, as usual:

Update: Note to David Axelrod: You sure you want to spend another media cycle or three on Libya?

Update: Via the Washington Free Beacon, here’s O conspicuously refusing to use the T-word to describe Benghazi — on September 25.

Update: NRO’s Patrick Brennan on why Obama’s “acts of terror” reference in the Rose Garden on September 12 wasn’t really a reference to Benghazi:

His only mention of “terror”:

“No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America.”

One could take that as a reference to acts which include the tragedy in Benghazi, obviously, but there was clearly no effort made to label it an act of terrorism. One reason why this might be: According to U.S. law, acts of terrorism are premeditated. The Obama administration’s line for days following Obama’s Rose Garden statement suggested that the attack wasn’t premeditated.

Update: Via the Examiner, now she tells us:

Upwards of 60 million people likely watched her side with Obama on Libya during the debate. How many saw this clip on CNN’s post-game show? One million, maybe?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10 11 12

CPT. Charles on October 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

If Barry had not looked at his pension, he should, because he may be retired in 3 weeks.

bayview on October 17, 2012 at 2:20 AM

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:05 AM

So, you caught the Tiger-Yankees, in stead? Thanks for nuthin’.

socalcon on October 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

You, too, Dire? The guy sets my teeth on edge.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM

It is garbage in.Garbage out or me..I hold them all (Obie, Pelosi, Reid Debbie ect..ect..) with disdain..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

You, too, Dire? The guy sets my teeth on edge.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM

It is garbage in.Garbage out for me..I hold them all (Obie, Pelosi, Reid Debbie ect..ect..) with disdain..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:22 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I don’t think that I’ve watched/listened to the obamanation for more than 5 minutes these past 4 yrs…Total

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I don’t watch the debates live.. a silly superstitition, I have this irrational fear I’ll jinx the Right man by watching it live..

Well by all means, keep it up because it’s working great so far.

I haven’t watched a live debate since that Fossil Benson went against Dan Quayle.

Jeez, yes, if that’s what happens when you watch debates then definitely keep on avoiding them. Luckily for us all VP debates don’t matter, so you didn’t do any harm that time.

Fabozz on October 17, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Constanteen is not as she seems. I suspect she may be………………………

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:24 AM

CPT. Charles on October 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I agree..It will be a good day at the University for Advanced Conservative Studies tomorrow!..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Candy wants to eat your pie.

Resist We Much

Just so she doesn’t ask me to eat her pie.

xblade on October 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Y’all probably don’t care, but for us iPad users, this banner ad along the bottom of the page sucks! It jumps all around, up and down, and makes it harder to comment then it already was on this thing. How about HA? Lose the bottom banner ad. Please?

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I have not seen Axe today..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

This is the most retarded conservative parsing of language in recent weeks– and that’s saying something. And you endorse it. Good luck with that.

Constantine

Speaking of retarded….

xblade on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Congratulations on “winning” on the economy even though Mittens still can’t explain his math. Hey look, everybody! There’s a part of Mitt’s ass that isn’t black and blue! High fives all around!

Constantine on October 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM

and CNN polled the ausience as favoring Romney over O)bama in handling the economy by a two digit lead,,, Obama couldn’t crack 40%…

denial much?

Look, if you’re another O)bama bootlicker, go play with your o0wn crowd, they at least won’t be laughing at you..

Obama kept looking away, looking down.. he had a tough time maintaining eye contact when he was telling a lie.. which was very often..

Wushful thinking won’t win the election for Obama..

at this point, not much will… people are sick of feeling kicked by the ecomony and a egomaniac in chief, who hates the working class in the private sector.

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I watched his convention speech, and these debates. It’s more than enough to last me, but I’ll still watch the last debate, and his concession speech when Romney wins!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM

How ’bout you ditch the toy…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hmmm. I wonder what Axefellow is up to these days?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Shudder…

I’ll watch as Michelle O. kicks him in the ass on their way to Marine 1 for their final trip. And hopes he hits his head, again…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Hmmm. I wonder what Axefellow is up to these days?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Maybe working on Obie’s “Pardon List”???!!??..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:05 AM

So, you caught the Tiger-Yankees, in stead? Thanks for nuthin’.

socalcon on October 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Excuse me?

Watching it LIVE matters that much?.. I oplan to vote, and working everyone I know to get out and vote for Romney, but because I didn’t watch it live,, and catch it later.. I let down the team?

uh yeah.. right.. dude…or duddette..

lighten up.

I actually was putting my kids to bed, and doing luandry while listening to radio for high lights..

scuse me all ta Hell..

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Glad you’re on our side.

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:18 AM

So am I!

Resist We Much on October 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM

LOL! I’m always very cheered by the notion of him having to spend the rest of his days with Michelle. Sort of ‘divine justice’. :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Hmmm. I wonder what Axefellow is up to these days?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Seriously this race is fixing to get ugly..It is going to be a fight..:)

PS..I thought we were going to pull out the boxing gloves tonight a couple of times..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Maybe working on Obie’s “Pardon List”???!!??..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Eric “Marc Rich” Holder already has taken care of that…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:34 AM

lol!:)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Constantine

Do you know what comes BEFORE the word “terror” in Obama’s Rose Garden speech?

This:

“Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.”

The above comes SIX paragraphs before Obama ever says the word “terror.”

He blamed the video first and then referred to “acts of terror” in general.

Resist We Much on October 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Eric “Marc Rich” Holder already has taken care of that…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

You make a good point!..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM

What’s up with all the names we never see except on important events showing up all of a sudden..

There a pack of trolls who only show up when Obama screws the pooch?

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Just so she doesn’t ask me to eat her pie.

xblade on October 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I came THIS close to going there when I wrote it.

Resist We Much on October 17, 2012 at 2:39 AM

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

You mis-read…The damn Yankees lost to the Tiger tonite…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:39 AM

The damn Yankees lost to the Tiger tonite…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Was Ted Nugent and Tommy Shaw playing??..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

You mis-read…The damn Yankees lost to the Tiger tonite…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Oh I’m so sorry,…………

apologies..

I never follow sports, so the reference went right over my head.. and I can be terribly literal minded, my wife has to kick me sometimes..

so I’m sorry I shot first.. and Obama’d later..

me go stand in corner now..

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:37 AM

The last debate was always going to be the best… but Crowley handing us this gift… making SURE that the spotlight is focused right on Benghazi and Obama’s lying going into the final debate… on FOREIGN POLICY… that’s just the best.

Bolton is likely already drawing up a list for Romney to add to the debate prep he’s already done.

Obama can’t defend his record, particularly on foreign policy. He has no plans for the next four years. All he can say is “I killed bin Laden.” and “I want to finish what I’ve started.”

No one wants to see him ‘finish what he’s started’. The entire Middle East is destabilized. Iran is near getting nuclear capability which will touch off an arms race in the region and nuclear proliferation. He’s undermined our key allies. He’s allowed China to run rough shod over us in trade and now they’re threatening Japan, whom we are treaty bound to defend. North Africa is in the grip of terrorists as is Somalia, et al. The list is longer still. Not much Obama can brag about.

Romney has the last debate sewed up. That’s why the left was desperate for Obama to make a decent showing in this one.. and he blew it.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM

; ) I guess I could do that, after all it cost a lot more than HA sets me back. Lol!

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Next debate, foreign policy.

Let’s see…where to begin.

Backed Ahmadinejad over protesters?
Killed Keystone XL?
Banned Gulf of Mexico drilling/billions to Brazil?
Bust of Churchill returned?
Backed Zelaya coup attempt in Honduras?
Buddying up to Chavez?
Hawai’i part of Asia?
How do you say that in Austrian?
Hot-mic with Medvedev?
Dalai Lama, use the back door?
Polish death camps?
Backing Argentina over the Maldives?
Cairo speech?
Apology tour?
Bowing to _____?
Backing Zawahiri’s boys in Egypt and Libya?
Israel is a friend of Israel’s?
L.A. Times Khalidi tape?
No Iraq SOFA?
Chicago is…OUT?!
Dithering on Afghanistan surge?
Fast & Furious?
…etcetera, etcetera, etcetera?

Christien on October 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

So why’d Cany apologize?

Isn’t the normal Obama trait to double down on a lie?

Think she’s trying to cut off the inevitable days long replay of Obama’s lie because she sided with him and acted stupidly?

or,.. trying to salvage some semblance of her pride after getting caught playing for the blue team..

not that there was ever any doubt.

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM

scuse me all ta Hell..

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Do you spell heII with capitols i’s like I do, or do you use the lower case L’s?

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Are we not supposed to use ‘hell’ on HA? or “Hell” ? Because I just thought that if the moderator let it slide it was alright.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I agree..Obie does not want this debate..Plus Romney has many, many place to attack him..I honestly do not see Romney doing bad in this debate..That is my hope anyway..:)

PS..I was a Perry supporter in the beginning..So all debates make me a little nervous..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Lower case L’s..

Never considered the other, but it works.. I always capitalize Hell.. to me it’s a very real place.. Obviously I haven’t been there, but like all of us, I’ve experienced enough to know what color it’s waiting room is.

We all have our own demons to slay..

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Was Ted Nugent and Tommy Shaw playing??..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Heh. The only good Shaw was a Styx Shaw…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Good question, I got in the habit of using the capital i’s because sometimes the mill would eat my comments and I wasn’t sure why. It’s why I had started putting spaces between the letters a s s, not to make it look bigger, but because I thought without the spaces the mill would eat the comment.

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I will also add..I really like Romney’s chances in the final debate..Really ike them..:)

PS..It is like having the sports trivia book from the Back to the Future movies..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:52 AM

‘plains a lot. Romney won’t be drugged…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Heh. The only good Shaw was a Styx Shaw…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I agree..Played a good guitar..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Hellfire

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

‘plains a lot. Romney won’t be drugged…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:56 AM

rofl..Let’s hope not!..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:57 AM

hellfire?

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM

hell

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Oh.. Governor Perry had some unique circumstances he was trying to deal with during the debates.. hopefully Romney hasn’t had any back surgery or anything like that recently.

I really believe that Romney will shine like he did in the first debate. I don’t think he will let Obama get to him.

Obama will be desperate. He also doesn’t really understand half of what they’ve coached him to say, he just says it based on trigger words of phrases the he hears. I could see it tonight. He would suddenly start to ramble off track.

OF course, Bob Schiffer will be in there pitching softballs to Obama and running interference for him. But I think that Obama is already done. Watching Romney take him to school on foreign policy is like a bonus.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Ok.. gotta turn in.. 6:30 comes soon enough, and I have to get my daughter up.. If I can, I’ll nap later,.. and my wife works evenings, so I’ll stay up till she comes home, and we have our time, talking, fixing her a snack.. TV, then bed.. I usually only sleep 4-5 hours a night.

and the morning comes soon.

catch ya later.. pleasant night everyone..

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Brimstone…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Hey maybe I can stop using Capitol i’s. The mill didn’t eat it.

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Good point!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Hand basket…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Good Night mark81150, Sleep Well. Thanks for the tip.

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Made me laugh, B! I’d not considered spacing out a s s to ‘make it look bigger’ but if we’re talking about some individuals that seems entirely appropriate! :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Good points..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Brimstone…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

That was actually a pretty good TV series.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Crap, it’s late. I better hit the hey too. It’s not QOTD so protocol is a bit different. See you all tomorrow. ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

catch ya later.. pleasant night everyone..

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Later..Enjoyed it..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Goodnight Mark81150!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Say that reminds me. Will the mill eat my comment if I don’t use spaces?

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Ass

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Goodnight, B! Sleep well.

Goodnight, everyone. I, too, must get some rest. See you soon!:)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Later enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Hmm, still a lot of liberals wandering over trying to gloat huh? Guess when you’re desperate for a game changer you try to hype up every little thing you can.

Myself, well it would’ve been nice to have another blow-out, but I’m overall satisfied with the evening. Romney scored points on the issues he needed to, and the big story coming out of the debate is probably going to be Crowley’s incorrect fact check and Libya.

That last bit is very important. Team Obama desperately wants a game changer, and they didn’t get it tonight. Time is running out on the clock, and for the next few days the news media is probably going to be forced to talk about Libya instead of the Obama talking points.

So, yeah, feeling pretty good about tonight really.

WolvenOne on October 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM

ass .

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Later..Enjoyed it..:)

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Huh? I bet the mill will eat it if I add the word hat.

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:06 AM

The whole time I thought the mill didn’t like ass, turns out it doesn’t like hats. Funny!

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:08 AM

mark81150 on October 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Mark, to use a sports phrase likely to go over your head, no harm- no foul. I’m a big boy and since the Mrs is a lib, I have a tough hide.

Yes, the Yanks lost. To make matters worse they are one game from elimination…..

socalcon on October 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Tomorrow I’ll test witches t ts just to see if the mill likes t ts yet. ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Tomorrow I’ll test witches t ts just to see if the mill likes t ts yet. ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 3:09 AM

So good to have a purpose, as special as it is…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 3:11 AM

CBS Poll: Romney Wins 65-34 on Economy;
CNN Poll: Romney Wins 54-40 on Economy,
49-46 on Health Care,
51-44 on Taxes,
59-36 on Deficit,
49-46 on Leadership

This is a total and complete beatdown! If this is true there isn’t a chance Obama can win this. Romney beat Obama as if he stole something!

Capitalist Infidel on October 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM

The Luntz focus group video, a must see:

Luntz Group

Does it really matter that Obama got more “zings” than Romney? This video shows Obama suffered another devastating defeat.

tkyang99 on October 17, 2012 at 3:24 AM

So this is where everybody went.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 3:27 AM

So this is where everybody went.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Way to shut down a thread, Sparky…

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Dire Straits on October 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM

And I’ll add this one for good measure:

CPT. Charles on October 17, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Gohawgs on October 17, 2012 at 3:48 AM

I have jinxed two threads already. I show up and everyone leaves like its autum.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Hello?

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Why even bother.. Barry is going to win. Damn the Red Debate for giving us hope.

Illinidiva on October 17, 2012 at 4:28 AM

I’m so disgusted with the media’s bullshit this time around, I can’t even think. I give up. I need to de-politicize. I’m out. I’m done until after election day. No use getting apoplectic about shit. What Candy Crowley did last night was total bullshit. Sometimes I want to hate my country. Not because of what it always stood for, but because what it has become. Phuck it.

Corporal Tunnel on October 17, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Obama is going to lose. Can’t wait for Election Day

bluegill on October 17, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Barry is not going to win.

Don’t get all wobbly now folks.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 4:59 AM

I’m not going to be able to sleep the next two weeks until I know that Carter 2 is out of the white house.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Sure hope the morning crew brings some good vibes. They are news junkies and will give us the scoop.

Flora
KJ
cmsinaz

Canopfor
Ted c

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Romney begins to talk about the rose garden speech, then gets a look of surprise on his face when Crowley interrupts and corrects him. “Who am I debating here?” he asks himself.

Then Obama tells her to repeat herself louder as she reads from the transcript. This is when a serious look of confusion is seen on Romney’s face. “Why does she have his talking points?” he asks.

DanaSmiles on October 17, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Economist Edward Lazear has cut through all of Barack Obama’s claims about “creating jobs” with one plain and inescapable fact — “there hasn’t been one day during the entire Obama presidency when as many Americans were working as on the day President Bush left office.” Whatever number of jobs were created during the Obama administration, more have been lost.

~~~Thomas Sowell

rayra on October 17, 2012 at 5:19 AM

What an insane world; this woman did the worst thing a moderator can do in a debate: insert themselves and give factually false information.

And yet she will be celebrated for her efforts.

blue13326 on October 17, 2012 at 5:34 AM

jay cost was pretty livid over candy rallying to save barry. as well all know, our media environment is predicated on a minimally quality press who’s arrogance is as wide as it is unjustified.

it is a club…who hates Rs.

reading the entire statement from barry on 9.12, it is clear that he is lying now….or lying them. Keeping it vague, for the peasants.

i think that if candy had not jumped in to same barry, barry’s presidency would have taken a seroius blow.

so, mr. prezy, you did think it was terrorism in bengahzi? So you don’t think it was the vid?

did you see the tapes that your intel people watched ni real time? Were you concerned about more strikes….if so why go to have fun in Las Vegas?

i admire Mitt. going into a pit like that. most everyone there hates Mitt. the leftist students, the leftist press who cheered at obama for his pension remarks.

in a sea of mockery, mitt stands and fights

r keller on October 17, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Don’t worry about Crowly siding with Obama, Romney looked presidential and Obama looked like a challenger. Not a bad position to be in before an election.

rob verdi on October 17, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Corporal Tunnel on October 17, 2012 at 4:54 AM

just vote and stay cool.

rob verdi on October 17, 2012 at 5:56 AM

somebody needs to do a video mashup of all the interference Crowley was running for Obama and set it to the tune ‘I want Candy’

rayra on October 17, 2012 at 6:08 AM

It was the way he phrased it, “binders full of women.” So yes, to answer rockmom, it is the Big Bird moment of the debate.

Equally picayune, equally self-defeating, equally ineffective. Congrats, libs!

KingGold on October 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM