Open thread: The second debate

posted at 8:38 pm on October 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

9 p.m. ET across the dial, don’t miss your chance to watch a man who “really doesn’t like people” try to relate to average voters. According to Team Mitt, all they need tonight is a tie:

“He does not need to take home the same performance” as in the first debate in Denver on Oct. 3, in which Romney was widely considered the dominant debater, the aide, who is involved in the debate preparation, told National Journal on Tuesday. He said that the Romney team is preparing for a fierce attack from Obama on all fronts even though a town-hall format generally requires candidates to address questioners from the audience more than they do each other.

“They can’t afford another debate where they don’t lash out,” said the aide, who would speak only on condition of anonymity about internal debate preparations. “So we’re ready for it: the ‘47 percent’ comment, Bain Capital, the Cayman Islands” tax shelters, all of which have been staples of the Obama ad campaign in recent months…

The Romney team doesn’t expect foreign policy to dominate this debate, but they also hope to raise fresh questions over the Sept. 11 death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya by focusing on what they consider a misstatement by Vice President Joe Biden in his Oct. 11 debate with Rep. Paul Ryan, the aide said.

Benghazi is one obvious line of attack. Another, I hope, is Mitt trying to pin Obama down on what exactly he intends to do with a second term. For all of the Democrats’ cutesy-poo gimmicks about Romney’s evasiveness, the incumbent’s vision for America over the next four years is conspicuously thin, much to the dismay of Democratic pollsters. As for O, he’s got two basic themes, each of them potentially problematic. One: He’ll dismiss Romney’s messaging at the first debate as evidence that he’s a flip-flopper, although that’ll undercut Team Obama’s months-long messaging about what a committed neo-Goldwater ideological fanatic Mitt supposedly is. Two: He’ll go after Romney on Bain and the “47 percent,” although if he’s too nasty about it he’ll risk leaving the sort of jackhole impression that Biden left after the VP debate. Biden could get away with that because he’s Biden, because he was playing to his base, and because ultimately no one really cares what happens at the VP debate. Obama, who’s been banking on a vanishing “likeability gap” with Romney to put him over the top, really can’t. There’s very little left of Hopenchange circa 2008 as it is; if he loses his above-the-fray Bambi image too, then there’s basically nothing.

Having said that, I think there’s virtually nothing O could do onstage tonight short of barfing on someone that’ll get the left to admit afterward that he did poorly. They desperately need him to have a good performance to remain viable, and thus the narrative will make it so tomorrow even if Obama doesn’t make it so tonight. His problem is that, even with that media cushion, it’s unlikely that Romney will falter, which is really what O needs to reverse the momentum here. The only thing I can think of that might potentially get hairy for Romney is if he’s put on the spot by a questioner who’s either extremely confrontational or somehow deeply sympathetic — a “YouTube moment,” in other words. Romney can handle himself against O, but the crux of the Dems’ message against him has always been that he’s some sort of enemy of the working man. If they get a moment like that tonight, of some audience member being accusatory with Romney, that could get traction. All depends upon how he handles it, of course.

Here’s the Hot Air/Townhall Twitter widget for live-tweeting. While we wait, revisit four of Obama’s emptiest campaign promises from the last townhall debate he did in 2008, as there are bound to be a few more tonight. And bear in mind that no matter how well he does, his campaign’s still facing one last jobs report before election day — and all signs point to something not so hope-y change-y. Exit quotation from Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg: “The danger for Obama is that Romney would become the candidate of change.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 45 46 47 48 49 51

Republicans think Benghazi is going to be a voting issue and I don’t think it is. The President took full responsibility as he should have.

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

No. The President SAYS he is taking full responsibility. But we know with Obama, there is a wide gulf between what he says and what he does. The way to measure this with Benghazi is… WHO LOSES THEIR JOB?

If no one loses their job over Benghazi, you know he hasn’t taken responsibility. If not, he hasn’t. It’s just that simple.

dominigan on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Obama gets more time Really?

WhoU4 on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Debate moderator Candy Crowley: ‘I expected them to come at me when I tried to reign them in.’ – @TPMLiveWire

6 mins ago from livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com by editor
==============================================================

TPM LiveWire
Crowley: I Expected Candidates To ‘Come At Me’
11:08 PM EDT, Tuesday October 16, 2012
****************************************

canopfor on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

4,575 comments

ManlyRash on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Mitt seemed a little slow tonight. Maybe it was the altitude.

MrLynn on October 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I didn’t think he was slow. He really pounded away on the economy, and I think that got through to people.

This debate format blows though. I think they should dump it completely and just do two- one on domestic/econ, the other foreign policy.

changer1701 on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

What are Downgrade’s plans anyway?

Chip on October 16, 2012 at 10:50 PM

It’s a secret. You’ll have to re-elect the clown to find what’s in the plan.

Solaratov on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I spoke with a young professional black woman this evening.

She’ll not be voting for Obama.

davidk on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

……A Hardy Welcome Aboard the USS Hot Air———–:)

canopfor on October 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Yep. Lets throw the trolls overboard for the sharks.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

dude did you just call me a troll? lol… and Canopfor dear yes i am a sleeper .. no in all seriousness i just missed registration a few times lol and about kicked myself to death for it but i finally managed to get it done

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Who’s Sally Kohn?

Cindy Munford on October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

AN OWS supporter…really a nobody.

d1carter on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

The focus coming out of this debate (and headed into the foreign policy debate) is Libya.

I wonder who that helps…

steebo77 on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hmmm mm, I guess the Lunz group remembers all that Obama has done in the last four years too – even if Obama “wins” this just for friction’ showing up, ( shame on anyone who cuts him that slack) it’s not going to change the momentum of the race. It’s all Romney.

BettyRuth on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hugh Hewitt’s twitter feed is the best for post debate tweets IMO

twitter

gophergirl on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You don’t understand that the great entrepreneurs don’t want to see a right wing experiment of broad tax cuts turning a serious deficit problem into a runaway disaster.

bayam on October 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Evidently, you don’t read business newspapers, journals, mags and sites.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I want to bottle up liberal tears on election night, and sell them at CPAC.

wargamer6 on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

sentinelrules on October 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Sigh. Sentinel is mad that he didn’t personal get to hand-pick the respondents.

newtopia on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Most everyone’s commenting on the moderator’s (and I use that term loosely) bailing out Obama on Libya, but I think a potentially bigger issue will be gun control. Especially in PA and here in Ohio …romney winning in PA, wouldn’t that be sweet?

Fenris on October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Good point. I don’t know why Obama ent there, but it was a mistake…

ghostwriter on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Crowley taking a beating all over the interwebs for helping Zero with his Libya lie. Thanks for this week’s narrative, bee-atch, you worthless lefty hack. Cheaters never win. She plopped her fat ass right in Soledad’s chair to try and spin this away, 5 minutes after the debate ended. Too late. Ka-boom!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Rational Thought on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

That retort happened to be the truth. Romney lied and she called him on it. Facts matter. Romney doesn’t anymore.

lostmotherland on October 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

False. Check the transcript. Obama most CERTAINLY did NOT call the attack an act of terror.

fossten on October 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I’m rightly outraged on Candy Crowley too, but the good news here is that it has emerged as the biggest moment of the debate, which means that all of the pertinent footage will be reviewed ad nauseum – and the truth will vindicate Romney.

Gingotts on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Mitt basically hammered O’s record and the Wizard of Uhhhhhs didn’t have an answer. I’m calling it in – Mitt Freakin’ Romney won again.

Slade73 on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Hill had an agenda, and it is working.

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

The other networks will never correct the record on “terror” so a 3rd party group + RNC is going to have to step into the fray.

matthew8787 on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Allahpundit was 100% prescient on Obama saying “the buck stops with me”. What a Liar in Chief the land has.

Crowley can go to Hell over the “rose garden” lie.

Other than that it was a defensive president and a Romney who held in there ok.

Overall Romney s/b ahead.

The land needs a serious father figure not a charlatanic hoaxter.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Is this the QOTD thread?

OmahaConservative on October 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Only if you’re ‘stupid.’

Corporal Tunnel on October 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Huh???

OmahaConservative on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Let me get this straight…

9/12 – Obama called it an act of terror

Several days later… it’s a video?

Now… it’s an act of terror again??

I’m dizzy.

faraway on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

HeIIfire Lanceman, I didn’t think anyone could be worse at trolling then me.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I could do it, but I’d need to actually use my voice for it,

nobar on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I don’t think Gov. Romney did as well on Benghazi as he might have but I’m pretty sure that as the facts continue to roll out they will hurt Obama much worse than anything he could has said tonight.

Cindy Munford on October 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

It didn’t help matters for Romney that he lied about what Obama said and was fact-checked on the spot.

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

You mean Benghazi is not an issue for a candidate who has been trying to make the case he is so great at foreign policy? And when did he actually take responsability personally for it other than some generic statements of his role in the administartion now that someone else kinda/sorta took the blame for it?

And when did Romney lied about it? Your “fact-check on the spot” has been fact checked in the minutes since to confirm he didn’t call the attack a terrorist attack.

Spin it whatever way you want, but Obama didn’t define what this was the first day and kept blaming a “spontaneous demonstration” on YouTube even in front of the UN.

ptcamn on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

thanks but honestly i have been lurking here for years! lol

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Sleeper cell, where were you when we needed you in 2008?

Who is John Galt on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

He means trolls in general.

wargamer6 on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Spinning, spinning, little troll,
trying hard to dance and crow.
How’d your hero fall so low?
Lying, whining, reeking so.

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

really tired of being on the losing side. Seriously, the Ds always seem to win the elections I’m around for. I’ve never gotten to experience a landslide. :( I was two in 1984 and my fav. election was 2004 which really upset me with the bad exit polls.

Illinidiva on October 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I’m tired of people saying they’re just not going to vote.
You said earlier you;re not going to vote, intimating it was bcs there’s no landslide victory coming.
This is something a 2 year might indeed say.
Why don’t you just go do the right thing & effing vote.
WTF does it matter if an election is going to be a landslide or not?
Seriously, you are an ADULT?

Badger40 on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Do you hear that sound, Obama? It’s the Fat Lady singing.

VorDaj on October 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Moochelle singing in the shower again?

davidk on October 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Yes, a duet w/ Candy.

climbnjump on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Notice how BHO never mentioned Fast and Furious after Candy steered the debate away from that..?

d1carter on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I’m shocked at the actual fact checking on the Rose Garden comments.

Pleasantly shocked

gophergirl on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Obama took responsibility for the lies that he and his administration told for 2 weeks?

He took responsibility for having the filmmaker arrested, perp-walked, put into solitary confinement in a Fed detention centre in LA (where he remains) and held without bail on an alleged probation violation?

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

That Luntz focus is super old, and white. And foul language?

libfreeordie on October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

And guess what? Still the majority in this country.

SouthernGent on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I want to bottle up liberal tears on election night, and sell them at CPAC.

wargamer6 on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You sir are the thread-winner.

rgrovr on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

lostmotherland on October 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

You’re an idiot.

ghostwriter on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Mitt surrogates will be hammering on the Libya lie until the election. At the least, it will be a wedge. Too much evidence against Barky.

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Hill had an agenda, and it is working.

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

NO it’s not. Benghazi will destroy Obama/Hillary/Rice/Biden, as it should. Tonight was a missed opportunity for Romney on Benghazi, but it opened floodgates. Crowley ruined herself over it, hallelujah.

On Benghazi, no irony or Schadenfreude c/b surpassed if it knocks Obama out.

Tonight he was defensive 100% of the time and not likeable to anyone.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

The Trolls lie almost as badly as their messiah.

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Romney wins clearly on substance, but Obama wins just as easily on style.

I like that Romney is an alpha male, but it was a tad too much tonight. Either way, it’s not a game changer.

I’m actually stunned by the Luntz focus group, but I’ll take it!

GOPRanknFile on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I can’t believe those two ladies in the Luntz group who actually think women’s rights will be taken away. Did I understand one of them to say that Gov. Romney doesn’t believe women should be working? I have to have misunderstood her.

Cindy Munford on October 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

And the people in these Luntz groups are supposedly undecided voters. Maybe these two women were undecided on how they wanted Romney tortured to death?

NotCoach on October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Not much point in me asking if anyone spotted the “plants” in the Luntz focus group.

LOL!

They stuck out like sore thumbs and I don’t think the other people in the group appreciated their point of view.

PolAgnostic on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

bayam on October 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Thank you for the hearty gut laugh. Do you happen to moonlight for The Onion?

NotCoach on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Romney needs to get more personal with people. I would have liked to seem him point to some people in the crowd and say these are our future business owners and Obama is doing everything he can to stop you.

Elchasebo on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Fox is showing that debate moment now.

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

lostmotherland on October 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Uh, no, no he didn’t.

September 12, 2012

The White House has just released an updated schedule for today, after the embassy attacks in Libya and Egypt.

According to the new schedule Obama will deliver a statement in the Rose Garden at 10:00 a.m.

The schedule, however, still maintains that Obama will leave the White House this afternoon to travel to Las Vegas for a campaign event at the Cashman Center.

Later in the evening, the president will travel to Denver, Colorado where he will remain overnight. Source

You are right about one thing though, facts matter. Too bad you don’t know the meaning of the word.

Flora Duh on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Illinidiva on October 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Let me break out my tiny violin for you. Honestly if you are this whimpy about voting – you don’t deserve the right to vote.

People like you make me angry.

gophergirl on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I liked when Obama told Gov. Romney to “Please, proceed.” Azz.

Cindy Munford on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Romney will be getting a heavier secret service protection they know who is going to be president

Conservative4ev on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

As we dally here, the RNC and the Romney campaign are making the new ad based on Obama’s Benghazi lie.

IT will be on the air tomorrow morning.

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I think Romney won.

However, I feel like sticking up for Candy Crowley. The comments about her weight on here are ugly. You all are better than this. As a moderator, I think she did okay. She interrupted Mitt a few times, but she also cut Obama off. She also seemed fairly even handed with the follow ups. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the questions. There were some softballs to Obama, but quite a few good ones for Romney too.

Overall, Romney turned in a solid performance. He did have a couple of chances at a kill shot, and he didn’t go for it, which was frustrating. All through the primaries, I felt like Romeny is just too nice, and this is what i was afread of. However, I think he still came out the winner. He made a lot of good points about jobs, and the economy. I liked that he refused to pander on immigration, and he looked the questioner straight in the eye. I was glad to finally hear about F&F. Obama had no comeback for that one and just let it slide.

Obama looked more prepared than last time, but he also looked a bit peevish. ‘I am offended’ whaaaah. ‘Presidenting is hard’. Whaaaa. He also failed to convince anyone that he is running for Bill Clinton’s third term against GWB. Sorry Barry, your record stinks. He certainly did not turn the campaign around.

bitsy on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Liar

Liar

Liar

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

4,575 comments

ManlyRash on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Still no competition for a Palin thread. I’ve seen those go 6500+

BTW, Bristol kicked off tonight :(

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

That Luntz focus is super old, and white. And foul language?

libfreeordie on October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Yeah, it always a conspiracy with your ilk.
-skewed polls
-biased media…

Pathetic.

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Trolls can’t keep their talking points straight.

thirtyandseven on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Obama = fill a buster

Romney= facts busting out

Obama, he knows he is toast, at one point his mind being where it is he said…

“When I “”””WAS” President”.

That is called a tell, he thinks of his Pres. in the past tense already himself.

Only problem will be counting the lies.

Only problem will be finding out how many questions he did not answer at all.

Obama is just like his fake TV lens that makes him look light, he is lightly toasted now and soon burnt toast.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Obama is going to get caught in is Libya lie

Conservative4ev on October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Obama should have stopped digging. I guess he never heard of Murphy.

VorDaj on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I know Obama lost because I’m watching some ABC local channel and they’re spinning for Obama like crazy, but don’t have any specific. They’re denying independents matter. Saying it’ll come down to partisanship. They’re in full Lib ego stroking. They’re even trying to say the next headlines should be “Obama takes back election.” HAHAHA!!!

MrX on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Good point. I forgot about that. I guess this is the smoking gun that Obama called it a terrorist act from the start: He arrested a filmmaker.

ghostwriter on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Greetings, peeps!
Me, the Mister, and Spawn were @ a debate party.
WE think Mitt kicked Zero’s azz.
What say y’all?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Cindy Munford on October 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Only the fat lady in the back thought Romney thinks women shouldn’t work. The other lady corrected her and said she has never heard Romney say any such thing.

That fat lady in the back probably qualifies for a free Obama phone. She will vote accordingly.

karenhasfreedom on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I spoke too soon. There’s a debate wrap-up thread.

INC on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

IT will be on the air tomorrow morning.

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Indeed. I hope work is going good.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

And foul language?

libfreeordie on October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Yeah, ‘cuz Obama supporters like Snoop Dog and Jay-Z have mouths like nuns.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Consider-

Obama just spent several pieces of every type of ammunition he has. And it amounted to nothing more than an angry rehash of every campaign and PAC pro-Obama ad out there. Even when the rounds hit, they came nowhere near a debilitating blow.

There is no weapon, nor any tactic, the Obama camp can now deploy that is not fully understood by the Romney team. The smartest move Obama can make is to skip the next debate. That, however, will not stop a loss, and there is no novel tactic available to the President. It’s about three moves to check-mate.

M240H on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

It’s all over – the fat lady sang all night! Crowley had to jump into the debate so often, sometimes I thought she was debating Romney!

Regardless of who the Lame Stream Media say actually won the debate, when you need about eight assists from the left-wing moderator to bail you out – you are in deep shee-ite! LOL

However, CBS and their instapoll said Romney won on the economy – 65% to 35%. And what’s it all about? It’s the economy stupid! LOL

pos4thst on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Some people are feeling so desperate these days that rolling the dice seems like a good path to follow.

bayam on October 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Sad when your guy is such a failure that people would prefer ANYBODY who isn’t him, huh?

Night Owl on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

That Luntz focus is super old, and white. And foul language?

libfreeordie on October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

So being “old” or being “white” makes them somehow irrelevant? Sir, I award you the “Most racist hypocrite of the Year Award.”

Display it on your trophy case with your elitism on full display.

Turtle317 on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Another Luntz panel. I know some folks here hate these, but I watch them to see what the mood is. Most of these folks switched from Obama to Romney. They say Obama could not defend his record.

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Exactly….
…and that’s the bottom line come November…
No matter how much cheerleading OBama gets from the press and his followers….he can’t defend such failure.

Rest assured….the foreign policy debate is going to be a disaster for Obama when all of his lame talking points are exposed right up their on the stage concerning Iran closer than ever to the bomb…the surge of al-qaeda….the mistake of launching his war without Congressional approval in Libya that has turned that country over to the jihadist…
…and the total disaster he has made of Afghanistan.

This Town hall was Obama’s last chance and just like his policies….he didn’t come through.

“Hope and Change” is a total bust and the liberals and their allies in the Press own it 100%.

Baxter Greene on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Corporal Tunnel on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

hehehe…oh I’ve got one Cpl…only problem is that the last time he washed my dishes was when I was recovering from the birth of our last son, 17 years ago. Just where does the romance go??? lol!

graywaiter on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Hannity’s slamming the lie right now with video evidence while interviewing Sununu.

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Would anyone disagree that Jim Lhrer has been the best moderator thus far? Never thought I would say that but these last two have been nothing but a bunch of hacks.

Elchasebo on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

So candy’s off to the nearest “Home Town Buffet” for her pre-dinner meal.

Then”Del Taco” – (taco tuesday 6-pack).

Then she’ll tuck into a nice prime rib and a rack-of-lamb back at the hotel.

You, however, should eat broccoli.

Tim_CA on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Sununu nuking Obama and Crowley right now. She had no business doing the spot fact-check, he says.

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Didn’t any of your hear what Romney said to Obama after Candy defended what Obama said in the Rose Garden? Something like–you said it was terrorist? So you admit it wasn’t spontaneous? Did you see Obama’s face? Then BO said move along governor. Awesome!!!!

bailey24 on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I want to bottle up liberal tears on election night, and sell them at CPAC.

wargamer6 on October 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You sir are the thread-winner.

rgrovr on October 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I LOLed.

RedNewEnglander on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Whooohoooo! I didn’t realize Luntz’ focus group is in Nevada.

Big state for Romney to get!

ccrosby on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

My mother who voted for Obama says she was “disgusted” by his answer on Libya, that he was “fake”. I think that more independents will bail after this debate too. The MSM won’t be able to understand as they spin it.

Ragnar Danneskold on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

And foul language?

libfreeordie on October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Are you talking about the Samuel L. Jackson Obama ad?

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

TPM LiveWire
Crowley: I Expected Candidates To ‘Come At Me’
11:08 PM EDT, Tuesday October 16, 2012
****************************************

You would’ve have thought that she’d learned about being a wallflower in junior high. They weren’t going to go at her.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Yeah, ‘cuz Obama supporters like Snoop Dog and Jay-Z have mouths like nuns.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

“I strongly suggest that you wake the fvck up”

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Awesome, isn’t it?!

WhoU4 on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Greetings, peeps!
Me, the Mister, and Spawn were @ a debate party.
WE think Mitt kicked Zero’s azz.
What say y’all?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Holy Crap, Batman! *KABOOM!*

VorDaj on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Good one!Very good!:)

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

dominigan on October 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

And how many people lost their jobs over 9/11?

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Baxter Greene on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

…and of course the web of lies concerning the disaster in Benghazi.

Baxter Greene on October 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Obama is going to get caught in is Libya lie

Conservative4ev on October 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

He lied tonight…why he didn’t answer Romney’s question and said “go on”. He knew – it was the world’s court room and he was guilty.

This opened up a huuuuuuge gate.

Plus, the next debate is 100% foreign policy. It couldn’t come at a better time.

Plus, on the economy, Cali omitted 33,000 unemployed in the last report. The one right ahead of the election is going to be rough.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Invariably China will denounce Romney in a day or two. Then the President will have to defend currency manipulation. That will be fun to watch.

An Objectivist on October 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Ha, ha, ha

Luntz’s dumb-asses LOVED Romney. Didn’t think it would go that way, but it did! The bleeding continues!

Rational Thought on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I’m not surprised. 0-bow-mao has a lousy personality, and these debates are waking up more and more people to that fact. Obama lost this debate like Bidumb lost his, and the poll results will bear this out over the coming days, I predict.

I don’t think Mitt’s Libya answer was bad, either. Mitt has to be careful to not look like he’s being political about his concern over Benghazi; 0-bow-mao is the one who has to defend/explain himself, and he blew it, again. Do we know yet who the buck stopped with when it came to deciding to deny the security requests there? Nope, and it’s clear to anyone who’s open-minded that 0-bow-mao doesn’t really want us to know!

Anti-Control on October 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

If Romney doesn’t win in a landside, I’ll kiss Barry’s ass.
(with your lips)

OkieDoc on October 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

That Luntz focus is super old, and white. And foul language?
libfreeordie on October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

It’s a crime to be old and white now? I guess those are now shameful characteristics to have?

bluegill on October 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

You are right, Benghazi won’t the the issue people vote on but on how Obama handled it. Do you think W would have been reelected if Katrina had been in his first term? Benghazi is turning into Obama’s Katrina.

Cindy Munford on October 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

thanks but honestly i have been lurking here for years! lol

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Sleeper cell, where were you when we needed you in 2008?

Who is John Galt on October 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM

i was here lovey just couldnt actually comment so i just read everything and used what i learned here to make my self a more informed and better citizen of this great nation , i also dragged my entire family including my inlaws to the polls for that election and made darn sure they voted AFTER i harrassed them into opening their eyes to what the TIC really was

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

4700 comments! Wow!

It was tough keeping up.

freedomfirst on October 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Oh my goodness – Candy Crowley did not do Obama any favors with this Libya thing.

gophergirl on October 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

That Luntz focus is super old, and white. And foul language?

libfreeordie on October 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

And not gay enough, eh ?

bayview on October 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Peeps, let’s move over to the post debate thread.

karenhasfreedom on October 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

What say y’all?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Hey!! Drink a beer for me….How was the food?

Tim_CA on October 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

bitsy on October 16, 2012 at 11:24 PM

You’re right about the weight comments, but IMO completely wrong about her performance.

Obama talked more. Crowley rescued him repeatedly. The ‘fact checking’ intervention was just the exclamation point on an already blatant partisan hack job.

Romney won anyway, without breaking a sweat.

ElectricPhase on October 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

If, after a debate like this, you have to take solace by celebrating a Frank Luntz “focus group”, your guy lost. You just can’t admit it.

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Romney whiffed the Libya answer, but the controversy will turn it into a win, because we will keep talking about it, and Obama is wrong on the facts.

SAZMD on October 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM