Open thread: The second debate

posted at 8:38 pm on October 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

9 p.m. ET across the dial, don’t miss your chance to watch a man who “really doesn’t like people” try to relate to average voters. According to Team Mitt, all they need tonight is a tie:

“He does not need to take home the same performance” as in the first debate in Denver on Oct. 3, in which Romney was widely considered the dominant debater, the aide, who is involved in the debate preparation, told National Journal on Tuesday. He said that the Romney team is preparing for a fierce attack from Obama on all fronts even though a town-hall format generally requires candidates to address questioners from the audience more than they do each other.

“They can’t afford another debate where they don’t lash out,” said the aide, who would speak only on condition of anonymity about internal debate preparations. “So we’re ready for it: the ‘47 percent’ comment, Bain Capital, the Cayman Islands” tax shelters, all of which have been staples of the Obama ad campaign in recent months…

The Romney team doesn’t expect foreign policy to dominate this debate, but they also hope to raise fresh questions over the Sept. 11 death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya by focusing on what they consider a misstatement by Vice President Joe Biden in his Oct. 11 debate with Rep. Paul Ryan, the aide said.

Benghazi is one obvious line of attack. Another, I hope, is Mitt trying to pin Obama down on what exactly he intends to do with a second term. For all of the Democrats’ cutesy-poo gimmicks about Romney’s evasiveness, the incumbent’s vision for America over the next four years is conspicuously thin, much to the dismay of Democratic pollsters. As for O, he’s got two basic themes, each of them potentially problematic. One: He’ll dismiss Romney’s messaging at the first debate as evidence that he’s a flip-flopper, although that’ll undercut Team Obama’s months-long messaging about what a committed neo-Goldwater ideological fanatic Mitt supposedly is. Two: He’ll go after Romney on Bain and the “47 percent,” although if he’s too nasty about it he’ll risk leaving the sort of jackhole impression that Biden left after the VP debate. Biden could get away with that because he’s Biden, because he was playing to his base, and because ultimately no one really cares what happens at the VP debate. Obama, who’s been banking on a vanishing “likeability gap” with Romney to put him over the top, really can’t. There’s very little left of Hopenchange circa 2008 as it is; if he loses his above-the-fray Bambi image too, then there’s basically nothing.

Having said that, I think there’s virtually nothing O could do onstage tonight short of barfing on someone that’ll get the left to admit afterward that he did poorly. They desperately need him to have a good performance to remain viable, and thus the narrative will make it so tomorrow even if Obama doesn’t make it so tonight. His problem is that, even with that media cushion, it’s unlikely that Romney will falter, which is really what O needs to reverse the momentum here. The only thing I can think of that might potentially get hairy for Romney is if he’s put on the spot by a questioner who’s either extremely confrontational or somehow deeply sympathetic — a “YouTube moment,” in other words. Romney can handle himself against O, but the crux of the Dems’ message against him has always been that he’s some sort of enemy of the working man. If they get a moment like that tonight, of some audience member being accusatory with Romney, that could get traction. All depends upon how he handles it, of course.

Here’s the Hot Air/Townhall Twitter widget for live-tweeting. While we wait, revisit four of Obama’s emptiest campaign promises from the last townhall debate he did in 2008, as there are bound to be a few more tonight. And bear in mind that no matter how well he does, his campaign’s still facing one last jobs report before election day — and all signs point to something not so hope-y change-y. Exit quotation from Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg: “The danger for Obama is that Romney would become the candidate of change.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 49 50 51

5000

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:22 AM

5000?

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Candy Crowley, meaning to help Obama on Benghazi, dropped a gift into our collective laps. The MSM will be forced to carry the mia culpa she delivered about being wrong about that, and in so doing, people will be curious as to exactly HOW she was wrong and WHY she said it.

Thank you, Candy, for your pandering and your bias. Hoisted, as they say, on your own petard.

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM

5001

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I was number 5000! Do I get a prize?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Candy, you fool, you ruined your entire professional reputation, for a nobody.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Our fellow poster Solaratov predicted this very thing just a few days ago! :)

Anti-Control

Now we have to wait and see if it really happens. My money says it doesn’t. It will be sweet if it does however.

xblade on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I was number 5000! Do I get a prize?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Sure, ata girl – you were number 5000!!!

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I was number 5000! Do I get a prize?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

No you weren’t I was, I would have been 5001 if not for this dang iPad thingy. ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Did I miss the memeo that said the troll were required to leave after Candy Crowley admitted her mistake?

hawkdriver on October 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM

They clocked out… they’re off the clock. SEIU or ACORN… go figure! Plus they don’t have new marching orders from Axelrod as of yet. Some of them may be already be preparing for the post-election riots.

Jurisprudence on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Thank you! Thank you! I couldn’t have done it without the other 4,999 comments! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I predict that in years to come this debate will be referred to as a game changer but not because of anything either candidate did or said. It will be known as the day the old media put the final nail in their coffin. Crowley did tonight what Brent Bozell has been trying to do for years namely to expose MSM bias….

neyney on October 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

INC on October 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Bmore, Congrats on being 5K.

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM

You didn’t do it, now get back to work! *crack of the whip*

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Didn’t see the debate as hubby watched the Yankees/Tigers game.

However, if Candy intervened as obviously and often as noted here, that sends the message that Obama cannot do for himself and needs help, even if Dems don’t acknowledge that consciously. It has to leave them uneasy.

Mitsouko on October 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Oh… so close and yet so far! How will I ever recover?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Bmore, Congrats on being 5K.

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Thank you Brat for noticing. I put a lot of practice into hitting these mile posts. Nice to know someone appreciates it. ; ) Jackie tried to steal it.

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Now.. if I was a liberal all I’d have to do is insist that I was and it would be a fete accompli!

Gee, it just doesn’t pay to be honest! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

My, you know how to burst a bubble :)

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Obama has shown more “hope and change”…and it has lost all the magic that it used to contain.
Highlar on October 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM

The pundits who I did see tonight that “Obama has stopped the bleeding” on Fox are wrong. I disagree for the reasons we just wrote. The undecided gave their last chance to the Obumbler and he didn’t take it and the truth is he wants to do all the same things he is a radical leftist. Therefore don’t be surprised when the polls move they look for reasons having to do with Romney never thinking that Obama used all the runway and its just time for him to hit the trees, crash and burn. If they don’t move it is just people who don’t want to admit they are voting for Romney and that switch just makes them uncomfortable with the fact they wasted 4 years of their lives on this guy.

Conan on October 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Sure… excuses, excuses! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Gee, it just doesn’t pay to be honest! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM

But since you’re not a liberal you’ll call it a fait accompli.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM

So then I was, in fact, 5001! AHA! I knew I was close to victory! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM

xblade on October 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

As an expert, you deserve to be exulted.

The only problem is that most of the disconnected out there will never hear that Mitt had a point on the lack of a “terrorist act” determination. It also seemed that O was waiting for that instant or I’m too sensitive.

Speaking of sensitivity, the next time that O brings up Mitt’s only representing 53% of Americans, someone should bring up O trying to force birth control and abortion sins and other abominations on Catholics and other Christians while he bows, scrapes and bends over backwards to assuage the bruises made to Islamic extremists by a video that nobody was making them watch. What percent is our POTUS representing?

Selective sensitivity! As I said earlier, only the “other” side’s acts offend some people. Makes me wonder whether he is Christian and who put him through college, who is sending millions in donations….

IlikedAUH2O on October 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM

lol! Don’t push the maybe, baby! So I’m not perfect… shhhh! Don’t tell anyone! :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM

No worries, none of us are either, and mum’s the word :)

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I knew I could rely on your discretion, Schadenfreude! I’d hate for that information to become general knowledge…. like posted on a blog thread or something! :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Jackie, you’re my friend you can have my place at 5000. It’s mine so I’m free to give it away if I want to. I want to, here it’s all yours. 5000

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM

IlikedAUH2O on October 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM

You know to take a page from Obama he ignored lots of things like the “Guns and Religion” to the “You didn’t build that” tapes and eventually the country seemed to forget anyway. I think he proved that these tapes can bore people and they lose their effectiveness especially when you don’t respond to them. Maybe the temptation to swat everything aside is better to let it die under the weight of other issues. What did we always hear when we brought these up? The country has bigger issues. With 3 weeks to go people are going to wonder about a President that only wants to talk about a video tape to get a second term.

Conan on October 17, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Thank you very much, B, you’re a gentleman and a good friend, but you won fair and square and I wouldn’t feel right about accepting a hollow victory.

The 5000 spot is yours and you earned the laurels. :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Brat would have been 5001 had Brat labeled it that way. Ah what the heII! Close enough for government work at half the cost! Congrats Brat on being 5001! Nice job! ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Present.

ITguy on October 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Jackie was 5000, Brat was 5001. Congrats to the both of you. You do nice work. ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bmore thanks I’ll accept runner up!

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 1:45 AM

IlikedAUH2O on October 17, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Conan on October 17, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Romney would have certainly had a good comeback if Obama bringing up his 47% wasn’t the last definitive statement of the debate. What the heck happened to closing statements? Candy wouldn’t have allowed that, Romney could have explained his 47% remarks into a positive. You know at this point the Romney campaign is itching to use a perfect response to that attack… and the Obama campaign knows (which means Candy wasn’t going to let it happen).

Jurisprudence on October 17, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Conan on October 17, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Aside from soaking the rich, keeping the illegals and destroying our energy sources, the country has few bigger issues than abortion and forcing Catholics to hand out birth control items.

Yet O bows to Islam on a stupid Video before the UN.

My point is about not representing Christians.

Video? Sorry. I don’t know what you are talking about.

IlikedAUH2O on October 17, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

You’re getting awfully free and easy with the numbers there, B!

I don’t believe I hit either one now on closer inspection, I may have been misled and mistaken, but I refuse to accept either position not fairly acquired. Competition is no fun at all if its ‘awarded’ unfairly.

You and Brat enjoy yourselves and rejoice. :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Way for Obama to dispense with the pleasantries and not have an opening to thank anyone or acknowledge the university, the moderator, or Governor Romney.

nitzsche on October 17, 2012 at 1:47 AM

As a matter of fact, I’m now going to go all ‘Hollywood’ on you both and declare:

“It was an honor just to be nominated! Thank you one an all!”

* blowing kisses to the crowd* :)

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Nope you’re stuck with it now. I won’t have anyone call me an Indian giver. Brat was 5001, not too shabby in its own right. Matter of fact some would say its a more valuable position, because it’s first on the page. ; )

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Hey, yeah, I Bishoped!

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I’m a realist, too, did I mention that to you? NO giving up your rightful position, your number 5000, not king! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I was number 5000! Do I get a prize?

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

You have just won a lifetime supply of Purina Weasel Chow. Each week we will send you a 600 lb pallet to your door step right from our warehouse in Calcutta, all you have to do is pay for freight and handling.

Congratulations.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Count it. Ok is official. One for the record books and eventual induction into the HA hall of fame.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Candy, you fool, you ruined your entire professional reputation, for a nobody.

Schadenfreude on October 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Did you see how much air she got diving on top of Obama? No one can ever take that moment away from her.

Christien on October 17, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Hey, yeah, I Bishoped!

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Yep. ; ) Don’t let him know though. With that big a number on it, he’s sure to want it back. Luckily he won’t read this, or that. Lol!

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM

lol!

Alana on October 17, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Obama is being exposed as the liar, charlatan and grifter that he is.

long_cat on October 17, 2012 at 2:22 AM

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 2:16 AM

No..I was 52, I think, Spark. Bmore gets the Weasel Chow! Ah… it was an honor to be in such august company, though!

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 2:25 AM

OK BMore gets the Ralston Purina Weasel chow to feed to Gilley and Clay Wad.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM

neyney on October 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Andrew Breitbard is smiling down on the circus!

WAR!

socalcon on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Where is Bishop. I lurk way more than I comment and I haven’t seen him in a few days.

Race you to 10,000 on election night!

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM

hehe Good one.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

5053….yippie!!!

dec5 on October 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Congrats Romney….

dec5 on October 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Forcing myself to watch it on replay…

… I don’t know who these people are that think Pantload “won” this, but the ice they are skating on is very thin.

One other point, when Team Romney was hammering Pantload for “Fast and Furious”, and he got to the point to where he was asking…

“I think the American people deserve to know who authorized this, what was its point?”

… and then Pantloand called out “Candy?!?!”, and the “Press” of course stopped the question.

Bullsh%t…!!!

Pantload didn’t win this…

… He was exposed, again.

Seven Percent Solution on October 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

So Mitt Won?

Good deal.

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

In a stark warning on the eve of the second presidential debate, veteran Democratic strategists Stanley B. Greenberg and James Carville write in a newly released memo that the campaign “has reached a tipping point” that could cost President Obama reelection if he does not present a more compelling vision for the next four years.

Heh. I’d heard this on the radio. I guess Obama had better advise to follow @ Hofstra. He failed to convey to the undecideds what would make his second term different from the first. IMHO.

socalcon on October 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Where did everyone go?

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM

to bed…

OmahaConservative on October 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM

To the Wrap up thread

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Transcript.

Obama calling Romney a liar with nearly every response.

Obama’s a tool.

socalcon on October 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Socalcon, Romney’s answer about guns, reference to Fast & Furious is missing!

CROWLEY: Governor Romney, the question is about assault weapons, AK-47s.
ROMNEY: Yeah, I’m not in favor of new pieces of legislation on — on guns and taking guns away or making certain guns illegal. We have
(AUDIO GAP)
OBAMA: because I do believe that if our young people have opportunity, then they’re less likely to engage in these kind of violent acts.

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Why even bother.. Barry is going to get shilled by the media and win by default. The entire bounce is probably gone from the first debate.

Illinidiva on October 17, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Rip his head off, and crap down his windpipe, Mitt.
End it tonight.
wolly4321 on October 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM

You got your wish pal.
That’s exactly what happened. :)

Just watched the debate again on video. There was NO MISTAKE in careful comparison. Obamas “Bluster and BS” were NO MATCH against Romney’s “facts and logic”….Romney won this debate hands down.

Leftist pundits are trying to spin it otherwise, but anyone that saw the debate knows Romney won….just as big as in the first debate.

BigSven on October 17, 2012 at 4:37 AM

So Candy Cowley tried to milk it for Obama but ended up chewing cud like a Guernsey

SparkPlug on October 17, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Economist Edward Lazear has cut through all of Barack Obama’s claims about “creating jobs” with one plain and inescapable fact — “there hasn’t been one day during the entire Obama presidency when as many Americans were working as on the day President Bush left office.” Whatever number of jobs were created during the Obama administration, more have been lost.

~~~Thomas Sowell

rayra on October 17, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Mitsouko on October 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Well, he is our first affirmative action president.

Content of his character had nothing to do with his rise to the top.

Color, however, had everything to do with the same.

Now, fellow Chicagoan, Louis Farrakhan, is threatening massive riots all over the country if when Obama loses in November.

Not a word from the Administration.

Not even a whisper.

We’ve never fired a black president before.

And Holder told us that we were cowards when it came to talking about race?

[BTW, doesn't Farrakhan remember what he said about Obama when Obama decided to get rid of Gaddaffi? Something about "who the hell do you think you are?" Yep. All about race, still. Not a word anywhere about character. MLK, Jr. would be sooo proud.]

coldwarrior on October 17, 2012 at 5:50 AM

The O was certainly more “energized” than the first time around, but petulance isn’t a plan.

RonRon on October 17, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Obama got an endorsement from Honey Boo Boo.

Petulant. Both of them.

coldwarrior on October 17, 2012 at 6:04 AM

thatsafactjack on October 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Not if they see a squirrel first. I credit Crowley for being accountable, but the press won’t take this any farther than they have to.

You see the tweet above? Hundreds of Mexican citizens killed with F&F guns, but “Nobody cares” and it’s “manufactured”. Why? Because the press have never pressed it, like they did

Abu Ghraib

, where people got their winkies laughed at!

Axeman on October 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM

All this chatter about 5000 brings back memories of the first time a thread went over 1000. I remember commenting “And may Allahpundit forgive us if we ever do it again.”

backwoods conservative on October 17, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Mornin’ peeps! After a few hours of sleep I’m still feeling good about how Romney did. It should be an interesting day.

txhsmom on October 17, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Why even bother.. Barry is going to g<blockquotet shilled by the media and win by default. The entire bounce is probably gone from the first debate.

Illinidiva on October 17, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Aw, concern troll is concern. imagine that. you have exceeded your limit of idiotic things to say on one thread last night, so spare us more insnities. take a break, go drink your coffee or something…besides the teleconference with axeltrud central starts soon, you need better talking points than that crapola you just came up with…so, off you go…

jimver on October 17, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Inanities tat is…

jimver on October 17, 2012 at 7:28 AM

That final blow by Obama at the end of the debate must have stung really bad

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 8:04 AM

That final blow by Obama at the end of the debate must have stung really bad

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Hahah, worse than his entire first debate flop? i doubt that :)

jimver on October 17, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Open thread: The second debate

Oct 16, 2012 8:38 PM by Allahpundit
5,080 Comments »

Wrap up: The second debate; Update: Obama wins CBS insta-poll narrowly, but Romney wins big on economy; Update: Actually, Romney had a point, says Crowley

Oct 16, 2012 11:19 PM by Allahpundit
1,008 Comments »

Combined total well over 6,000 comments!

ITguy on October 17, 2012 at 8:19 AM

That final blow by Obama at the end of the debate must have stung really bad

HotAirLib on October 17, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Which lie was that again, reprobate?

tom daschle concerned on October 17, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Combined total well over 6,000 comments!

ITguy on October 17, 2012 at 8:19 AM

It’s over 6000!

Wait, that’s not a thing… Have to wait for Election night I guess.

Expecting five digits there.

Gingotts on October 17, 2012 at 8:22 AM

In Hawaii we had to listen before watching the debate to get the body language.

Bottom line, he botched the Bengazi issue. Throwing Sec. of State Clinton under the bus insures his demise without question. Primarily because he is such an armature going up against the Clinton “Gang that Can’t Shoot Straight”.

Also the public really needs to know what he did in the six days he claims was preparation. I think that having Van Jones there with him he as instructed to take any argument directly to opposition. When viewed, I actually saw the black man who was trying to take out another white guy that did not roll over and pay the appropriate homage he expects.

The bottom line is President Obama is seriously bigoted against everyone, and only those that vote for him are worthy of his grace.

MSGTAS on October 17, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Obama is too incompetent to know that this is not a win for him.
Liberals & Obama & ignorant non-critical thinkers (but I repeat myself) think when a person is assertive that their lies are true have ‘won’ something, are why this country is in the mess it’s in.
Repeating lies over & over again does not make them true.
But, like ALinsky, these people understand the power behind the repetitive mantra.

Badger40 on October 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM

For me the best part was Romney twisting the lefty gun control question totally around to bring up F&F. Obama didn’t have a response to F&F, not a whisper and had plenty of time to address it.

And since F&F does effect a foreign Nation, actually quite a few of them by now, and has racked up a body count on both sides of the border, it should be a part of the next debate. So far Obama has no response to F&F… none at all. He ran out the clock on that question to get past it and that is one of the few things he does have skill at – prevaricating, obfuscating, and laying out the Cheeze Whiz to not answer on anything that happened while in office that doesn’t look good. He does a lot of that. Two ‘debates’ worth so far. Of straight answers from him on his record, we have none.

ajacksonian on October 17, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I know this is a dumb question, but how do you get the number of posts? I don’t see that listed as I do on other sites.

PS: It took forever to scroll through the comments–but the trolls lost (as they should)! Go Romney!

mathgal60 on October 17, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My take.

kingsjester on October 17, 2012 at 8:52 AM

mathgal60 on October 17, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I see the number of posts on the main HA page under the thread’s headline.

Badger40 on October 17, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Did Obowma pass out free Obowmaphones to the audience a la Orca Winfrey?

dthorny on October 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Race you to 10,000 on election night!

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Deal! Next debate we have to go with something other than other than every time 0 lies. Ooh my head. Rock on!

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM

..o.k., NOW LAST!

The War Planner on October 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I read through a lot of the posts here after watching the debate. I like to get my take on how it went without any outside influence.

One thing that was posted over and over was the fact that Lorraine had called Gov Romney “President”. I initially didnt pick up on that. I am sure it isn’t the case.

Romney greeted her and she said “How are you doing?” she then greeted Obama saying “President” and slightly nodding her head. There was a pause where she looked at her card.

She then said “Romney” obviously reading her card. What this told me is they had different questions depending on who was first to answer.

She did not call Romney “President” though in a few months she will be! SPIN

Spinstra on October 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM

First…!

Seven Percent Solution on October 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM

mathgal60 on October 17, 2012 at 8:51 AM

In these regular (non-headline) pages, there are 100 comments on each comment page. So the comment at the top of this page is #5001, and the comment on the bottom of page #50 is comment #5000.

Yes, BMore, that means you can’t count.

Al in St. Lou on October 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yes, BMore, that means you can’t count.

Al in St. Lou on October 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Something weird happened. The comments shifted since last night. Mine was at the top of page 51 (Bishop!) and Bmore’s was at the bottom of the previous page!

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Yep, weird! I wonder whether anyone will now lecture us on the resolution of timestamps in relational databases.

Al in St. Lou on October 17, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Brat on October 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM

That always happens. The thread settles in as updates are added they consume space and move the comments down. You know where we were. That’s how the game is played. Real time. No Dallas didn’t beat my beloved Packers in the ice bowl. Lol!

Bmore on October 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM