Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:01 am on October 16, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

It’s become no secret that Barack Obama won’t do tough interviews any longer, and it was the theme of our Obamateurism yesterday, too.  This one from Daniel Halper deserves a place in the OOTD canon, for an additional reason.  Once again, rather than do an interview with a real news reporter — even a local one — President Obama called into a Cleveland sports-talk radio station to discuss his campaign, and right away the conversation went to the issues that matter most to voters in that crucial swing state:

“Mr. President, you were in Columbus the other day. We saw you do O-H-I-O,” the host said. “Do they make you do that?

“They don’t have to make me do it. I do it on my own,” Obama responded. “I’ve been here so much that I’m a professional Ohio State cheerleader.”

“Sounds good,” said the sportscaster.

professional?  I think a professional would have figured out how to spell out O-H-I-O on the first try:

Not to worry, though — the professional then proceeded to talk about the big issue facing voters in three weeks:

And President Obama advocates for affordability of sports tickets. “It is important, though, to make sure that tickets, for example, stay affordable. And, you know, I do get concerned when I look at some of the major league teams across sports that, you know, you’re starting to price out a lot of families.”

Oi.

Comments

cripe

priorities indeed….

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Perhaps he was distracted by the thought of H-I-L-O…as in Hilo, Hawaii.

ManlyRash on October 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Ed, shame on you. In that picture, Obama was spelling Ohio correctly. Remember, in his culture they read from right to left.

radjah shelduck on October 16, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Sports tickets, American Idol catfights and Big Bird. Glad Obama’s focused on what’s truly important.

Kevin71 on October 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Focused like a laser on bringing down tickets to sporting events.

If only Ambassador Stevens had wanted to go to the ‘Skins v. Vikings game…

Washington Nearsider on October 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Taxpayers already subsidize stadiums.
Why not subsidize the tickets to get into those stadiums?
We do that for museums, ballets, operas, & symphony concerts.
Fair is fair!

itsnotaboutme on October 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM

2nd term: he nationalizes baseball, basketball and football?

VibrioCocci on October 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM

He’s such an unserious little pisher.

Naturally Curly on October 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Maybe, Obama should introduce a Cap ‘N Trade system to sports.

EliTheBean on October 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I wish he had mentioned his concern for affordable sporting event tickets before I threw my support to Romney. Now if he’d only do something about the fact that I always get stuck sitting next to some fat guy with a bulky jacket who takes up half my seat, I MIGHT be persuaded to switch.

Night Owl on October 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM

“I’ve been here so much that I’m a professional Ohio State cheerleader.”

Wouldn’t it be a violation of NCAA rules to be a professional cheerleader at Ohio State? I know that the players are not allowed to receive compensation.

Rio Linda Refugee on October 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Maybe your mother should have opted for abortion.

The boys parents got her fired. But this is an anti-Obama ad on wheels.

It took a few days, but the morning local radio hosts are addressing the 81 year old woman bus driver (Obama supporter), taunting a student whose parents posted a Romney/Ryan yard sign. Her verbal abuse culminated the day she accosted the 12 year old boy student, telling him that his mother “should have opted for abortion” — other student riders witnessing this abuse.

Obligatory explanation regardless of politics, parents don’t want their school children accosted by anyone, including Obama supporters, to be told that the kid should never have been born. Obama can refute any association with the event ’til his lips turn blue. But too many painful points remain at play the way policies are implemented in the real world.

This is what happens to kids under Obama’s administration. Submit or never have been. “Education”

maverick muse on October 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Rio Linda Refugee on October 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Rules are for the little people, not the “special” types like the Blightbringer.

AZCoyote on October 16, 2012 at 8:20 AM

The picture clearly shows them spelling out O I H I. I wont guess what that stands for.

meci on October 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I’m a professional Ohio State cheerleader

Horrible image of Barky in his cheerleading outfit dancing around with David Poof.

CorporatePiggy on October 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM

2nd term: he nationalizes baseball, basketball and football?

VibrioCocci on October 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM

It’s for the children and to prevent “destructive competition” between sports teams. Duh.

Fallon on October 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Was he ever in a shirts vs skins game?

docflash on October 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Obama: Universal tickets for any sporting event, anywhere. So what if the stadium only holds 45,000 people. Everybody should be able to get in!

/s

Mitoch55 on October 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM

meci on October 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Choom Cheer?

Ed Morrissey on October 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Statists have a stellar record of making things affordable

/libtards

gwelf on October 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Out of step with Oiho

PappyD61 on October 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I’m surprised he didn’t announce a salary cap on players. Why should any of them make more than he does for playing a mere game? It’s outrageous in socialist world, isn’t it?

CitizenEgg on October 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM

…instead of an Obamaphone…I get tickets to Cincinnati, Cleveland and Oiho State games?…I’m in!

KOOLAID2 on October 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM

After Biden the buffoon’s statement ‘The Stuff They Do on Hardwood Blows My Mind’, Obama decided to become a cheerleader.

Sticky Wicket on October 16, 2012 at 8:46 AM

oh yes, that’s exactly what “a lot of families” are most concerned with these days…....the price of sports tickets.

*facepalm*

ted c on October 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I have it on good authority that Obama took over calling in plays for Denver last night and that’s why they overcame a 24-0 deficit at halftime to win in 35-24. Manning and the Denver defense didn’t build that.

SKYFOX on October 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Oi is right. Dear Lord, please deliver us from this embarrassing fool ASAP.

KS Rex on October 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM

WIC to TIC. O cares.

Kissmygrits on October 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Ya know, if middle-class incomes hadn’t declined by $4,500 in the last four years, they might be able to afford tickets to see the Indians or Browns games. Oh, sorry, did I say something racist?

Or maybe they could buy a thingy for their furnace.

Steve Z on October 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Oi. Ho.

FIFY.

Steve Z on October 16, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Bread and circuses.

Mommynator on October 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Yeah! My post is directly relevant again.

E-I-P-C
F-I-A-L

Nutstuyu on October 16, 2012 at 9:42 AM

SKYFOX on October 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Well the Denver defense was certainly intercepting the Chargers’ success quite a bit, not unlike the federal government.

Nutstuyu on October 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Or maybe they could buy a thingy for their furnace.

Steve Z on October 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Not every Indian is Brown you raving racist. Just look at Ms. Warren.

Nutstuyu on October 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Was he ever in a shirts vs skins game?

docflash on October 16, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Only at the Chicago bathhouses.

Nutstuyu on October 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Yes, let’s lower ticket prices, but the family who has to drive more than 150 miles each way to get to the game won’t dare spend the gas money.

Freelancer on October 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Have we ever had a candidate so lame?? Ever?

I don’t know, we will have to ask girls on the View…

right2bright on October 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Yep, the president who has faced more tough decisions than any other president in our history……………

GarandFan on October 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Will 0 print them from thin air, the way he does dollars?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Night Owl on October 16, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Damn, we FINALLY got to the real issues in this campaign!

katablog.com on October 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Out of step with Oiho

PappyD61 on October 16, 2012 at 8:40 AM

He’s out of step with everything.

Seriously – he’s not even good at faking being “one of the guys.” He is a narcissistic, self-absorbed, elitist snob to the core.

Is 0bama someone you’d want to sit down and have a beer with? I mean, for any other reason than to throw it in his face?

UltimateBob on October 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

“I’ve been here so much that I’m a professional Ohio State cheerleader.”

When he’s not wearing the cute, little skirt and sweater set – he’s wearing his mom jeans.

Hill60 on October 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM

He was watching himself in the mirror so he saw it as OHIO.

sabbahillel on October 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM

So easy to edit with Photoshop: http://shorelinecaucus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ohio.jpg

valentine on October 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Choom Cheer?

Ed Morrissey on October 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hey!!

Keep my glaucoma medicine out of this!

Tim_CA on October 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Is 0bama someone you’d want to sit down and have a beer with?

UltimateBob on October 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Only if the secret service let me dip my winkie in his beer when he left to go to the bathroom.

justltl on October 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM