Gallup tracker: Romney expands lead among likely voters, now up by four

posted at 4:41 pm on October 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

Literally no one doubts at this point, I think, that Romney’s post-debate surge is for real and not a bounce, so I’m not giving you these numbers to (re-)prove that point. I’m giving them to you to suggest that The One’s now in enough trouble that another bad performance tonight could be fatal. His margin of error in this campaign was always small, but after the Denver debacle shattered his aura of invincibility and with Romney poised to hit him with an avalanche of ad spending, it’s now basically down to zero. In fact, as I said yesterday, I’m not so sure he controls his own destiny anymore. If Romney handles the inevitable “47 percent” attack well tonight and does a solid job of relating to the questioners — not his strong suit, but he’s spent dozens of hours practicing now — his lead might open further still, even if O has an error-free debate and post-debate. The left’s not quite in panic mode yet, but if Romney shines tonight then it shall indeed be panic time in the West Wing bright and early tomorrow morning.

And you know what that means. Soon we might get to see those Bin Laden death photos after all.

Half of likely voters now prefer Mitt Romney for president and 46% back President Barack Obama in Gallup interviewing through Monday.

While Romney’s four-percentage-point advantage is not statistically significant, he has consistently edged ahead of Obama each of the past several days in Gallup’s seven-day rolling averages conducted entirely after the Oct. 3 presidential debate. Prior to that debate — regarded as a decisive Romney win by political experts and Americans who watched it — Romney averaged less than a one-point lead over Obama among likely voters.

How strong is Romney’s surge? Strong enough to make even his net favorable rating slightly higher than The One’s in RCP’s poll of polls, thus shattering the “likeability gap” that Team O worked so hard to build over the summer. That’s why Obama’s guaranteed to throw plenty of “47 percent” and “war on women” crap at him tonight. Painting Romney as a bad guy is a far more effective way to reach low-information voters than wonking out with him in a battle over economic plans.

Speaking of which, the key data from Gallup. The first two columns show Obama vs. McCain in 2008, the next two show Obama vs. Romney now, and the last two capture O’s advantage or disadvantage over McCain and Romney, respectively:

He’s lost points since 2008 among every single major demographic, but he’s down especially sharply with voters aged 30-49, postgrads, and college grads — essentially, the educated middle class (and upper class) in its prime career years. They didn’t lose as much ground economically from the recession as less educated voters did, if this Pew survey from 2010 is accurate, but it may be that their expectations for an Obama-driven economic turnaround were higher than anyone else’s. It didn’t happen, and now you’re seeing the disappointment of thwarted ambition start to register as a newly viable Romney emerges as a plausible alternative.

One more quote, this time from Mark Halperin, just to help you get your game face on for tonight’s debate:

Here’s why some Democrats are worried tonight. If Romney wins the three Southern battlegrounds (FL, NC, and VA) and OH, he is at 266 electoral votes. Leaving the other five battlegrounds unallocated, that means Obama would be at 237 and Romney would only need to win one of the remaining five states to get to 270+…

One senior Democratic official expressed real concern tonight unlike I have heard before about Ohio potentially slipping away from Obama (the state has been trending Republican in statewide races, Rob Portman has become a force, religious and gun groups are flooding the state with voter contacts, two of Romney’s top strategists have recently won a statewide race there, etc).

Follow the last link to see Halperin’s map with Ohio in Romney’s column. If it plays out this way, Romney would need any one of Wisconsin, Nevada, Iowa, Colorado, or New Hampshire to clinch the presidency — and if you believe ARG, he’s already tied with O in New Hampshire. Via Breitbart TV, here’s Gibbs breaking with the usual pre-debate spin and promising an “exceptionally strong” performance tonight by Obama. And why not? If O doesn’t deliver precisely that, no post-game talking points will save him.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I’ll be here after the debate and after the snap polls have declared Obama the winner and he’s being lauded by the pundits, while Romney had an “off night.”

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

You thought he would win last time….and said Walker would be beat…

you said Romney’s debate bounce was dead…..

let’s just say your track record ain’t good.

Add to that : you’re a liar.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

No, not really.

Lourdes on October 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

First question–Are you a Texan? :)

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

That Virginia poll is junk, though. If Romney was up 11 there, he would be solidly winning Ohio, CO, NV, NH and IA.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

You laughed at WAA, then posted it today when you had nothing else.

So you aren’t the one to quality polls.

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

then posted it today when you had nothing else.

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Heh.

Not only does Gumbo have moving goal posts but he changes the rules as it goes. Today its five yards it is first down , tomorrow it will be ten…what a clown.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

+7 D?

Be ready for the debate. I’m not sure Romney truly grasps it’s importance.

I’m certain that you don’t truly grasp how delusional you are.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Be ready for the debate. I’m not sure Romney truly grasps it’s importance.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Not to worry, I’m sure Romney knows the importance of tonight’s debate unlike your idiotic self.

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

“Still waiting to see if IBD/TIPP shows any movement to Romney, which they haven’t at all so far (O +1 today).

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

+7 D?

The electorate is not going to be any more than +4-5 D. Count on it…and, I think that is pushing it.”

Maybe, but IBD/TIPP was one of the best in 08 and I don’t know why they would intentionally have bad sampling.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Be ready for the debate. I’m not sure Romney truly grasps it’s importance.

Wait, is this the same clown who was trolling after the fake unemployment numbers came out, totally promising that as soon as the nation sees how great the economy is doing under barry’s tutelage that he will totally surge in the polls, and Mitt would be so distraught that he would roll up his campaign an go home. yep, I think it is the same clown.

runner on October 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Be ready for the debate. I’m not sure Romney truly grasps it’s importance.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

..stupefyingly ignorant comment!

Romney squired a multi-million, national campaign and has been running for the office for two years, faced down almost a dozen challengers, hired the staff, helped to plan the strategy, chose one of the more vibrant and intelligent VP candidates in quite some time, faced a very popular incumbent POTUS and his MSM handmaidens in the press, prepared for and perpetrated THE MOST STUNNING presidential debate victories in the last 50 years, etc., etc.

Not to even mention his success and acumen as an executive in the business world.

Should I go on?

I think it’s safe to say that Romney is aware of the consequences riding on tonight’s performance.

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

well of course the msm will say Obama won.

we need better pithy insight from you

gerrym51 on October 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

WAA- junk or not?

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

You laughed at WAA, then posted it today when you had nothing else.

So you aren’t the one to quality polls.

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 6:19 PM

G&P never learns…

He was coming here and laughing about poll “deniers” when they showed his beloved Barry in a clear lead.. even when even the media hacks gave a nod and a wink at D+11 polls…

and now that Mitt is pulling ahead, he’s here in a huff,.. his hair sticking out in strange angles from all the pulling… to declare that the same polls he would have bet his life and nonexistent virtue on… and calling them “junk”

You go little buddy,….

The taste of liberal terror is yummy…

mark81150 on October 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Was I correct on your home city? (Not to pry.)

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

you lost me….sorry

live outside the phoenix area

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I’ve asked before, why do you people feed it????? Why are you poking it with a stick instead of just ignoring it? Let it crawl back under it’s bridge, already!

Chewy the Lab on October 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

..too bad you did not listen to Ed’s show this afternoon. They had the IBD guy on who did the polling and he said, in effect, that the numbers tell him one thing but his gut tells him another.

Outlier? Harbinger of a new trend? One cannot dispute the IBD track record for accuracy, but this is not the final poll.

You will find out in November.

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I am very torn about watching tonight, or just TRY to keep up with y’all online.
Any 17-min long answers from Zero, again, might be delitarious to my health.
Confess to feeling anxious .. Not sure good or bad, tho.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I don’t know why they would intentionally have bad sampling.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Clown nose on.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM

What I fear, there will be those who will go he!! bent to do what they can IF bho is not re-elected? These could make the US a living nightmare if this happens? Just my thoughts!
L

letget on October 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I live in East Texas, Gohmert’s district. This area will pretty safely go for Romney. The interesting thing is that I don’t see a lot of Romney or Obama bumper stickers, but I am starting to see a lot of stickers that say “Secede” on them.

CableDude on October 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Gumballs is doing pre debate spin? What a loser.

wargamer6 on October 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

the polls may show some bounce (to motivate the troops), but with their credibility at stake, they won’t play with the numbers too much, just enough to support a narrative that 0 had altitude sickness, and had an off night. then they will normalize again to where they should be soon after.

runner on October 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM

i have to dvr it myself, will be perusing the open thread in between frames tonight…

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I’m offended you don’t have a tx somewhere in your name.

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Hey, While we’re waiting for the first pitch (debate kick off- how’s that for cramming sports references into a single post?)

Perhaps somebody from Texas could explain why everybody has that damned star somewhere in their home. Is it a state law or something?

I travel to Ft. Worth a few times a year and just don’t get the state. Homes have to display that star. Interstate exits are strange. And I have no idea what Dallas or Fort Worth looks like. Driving an el-cheapo rental from DFW all I see is hubcaps of jacked-up trucks. And BTW, I wouldn’t mind living there if the opportunity presented itself.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

runner on October 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Don’t bet on it. They only need to be right in the last week before the election.

bgibbs1000 on October 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

IBD/TIPP’s 2008 Report Card:

Overall score: 66%
Grade: D
Accuracy: 77%
Consistency: 34%

Evidently, Obama’s “Good Solid B+” grade-curving disease is contagious.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Why is the poll troll in every thread I’m in? I think it’s stalking me.

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I believe Obama is burned out and does not relish another rough four years.

I think he wants to lose but in a way that does not humiliate himself too much.

He’s spent.

I predict he’ll win.

The two-dimensional Romney that I have witnessed up close did not show up at the 1st debate.

He clearly came off as 3-dimensional, likeable, confident, and knowledgable.

It is his to lose.

KirknBurker on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

“gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

well of course the msm will say Obama won.

we need better pithy insight from you

gerrym51 on October 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM”

The MSM can’t spin it O’s way if the snap polls say Romney won.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

you lost me….sorry

live outside the phoenix area

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

..I mistakenly thought you dwelt in Tucson. I visit there often; wanted to see if you would like to grab a beer. Perhaps if the contemplated January HG inauguration party comes off (cf. QOTD a couple of weeks ago) we can meet up in Vegas.

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

You’ve been missed, live, but you’re the perfect one to ask …
Did the HA live threads describe things accurately, re: the last two ??

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I predict he’ll win (Romney).

KirknBurker on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

KirknBurker on October 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Says who?

IBD/TIPP 15 out of 23

IBD/TIPP gets a D for 2008

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

LOL … HAHAHA … LOL.
So true !! HAHA.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I still have the same concerns that I did yesterday about this Oprah debate format. Mitt isn’t great at schmaltz. Obama is a natural manipulator and will go all out with phony sentimentality. My hope is that he will try to sprinkle in too much of his “new and improved aggressive” ‘tude and will turn people off.

Of course we know that the MSM has already written the stories of Obama’s comeback and how it’s a horse race again. That won’t mean much, but it is certainly to be expected.

MJBrutus on October 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I think the story is going to come out that Obama and Biden knew that Ambassador Stevens asked for more security…

And Gumbo will have a meltdown of epic proportions…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Be ready for the debate. I’m not sure Romney truly grasps it’s importance.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Are you honestly suggesting that Virginians are just the same and have the same concerns as those living in OH, CO, NV, NH, and IA?

Virginians are most hurt with Obama’s radical plans to destroy national defense. Hundreds of thousands of jobs at stake. I’m not sure a troll like you grasps the importance of that.

But something to mull over while your mom finishes fixing your mac-and-cheese. Of all the places Obama could go to campaign, why is he headed to NH and their all important 4 electoral votes? Shouldn’t the rat-eared wonder be headed to somewhere more in contention? Bottom line, his base is disolving and he and all the filthy Democrats are running scared.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

sounds good to me :)

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM

yes…the HA crew is spot on with their real time analysis…

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM

The MSM can’t spin it O’s way if the snap polls say Romney won.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Sure, they can. CNBC, CNN and others had Ryan winning the VP debate. According to the MSM, Biden “schooled the boy.”

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

It’s a secret state code. Only the true believers have a star inside and outside their home. I blame the govt for the interstate exits. And, the big trucks are a defensive measure–against the giant insects.

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM

IBD/TIPP’s 2008 Report Card:

Overall score: 66%
Grade: D
Accuracy: 77%
Consistency: 34%

Evidently, Obama’s “Good Solid B+” grade-curving disease is contagious.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Gumbo lied again??

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:41 PM

IBD/TIPP’s 2008 Report Card:

Overall score: 66%
Grade: D
Accuracy: 77%
Consistency: 34%

Evidently, Obama’s “Good Solid B+” grade-curving disease is contagious.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Would you please stop busting Gumby’s chops?? Now he’s going to have to find another polling outfit to yap about.

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM

MJBrutus on October 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I hate this format, too.
The ONLY way for it to be even slightly sincere is to allow audience members the freedom to ask any question they have on their minds, barring repetition. Forget the screening cr*p.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:34 PM

tucson would work, i believe there are a few HA folk that live in that area

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Nothing along those lines is going to come out before the election and I doubt that it is true. Up until there is a problem, things like requests for more security are handled by the various departments.

The real problem for Obama is when the questions turn to response. The battle apparently went on for twelve hours. Where was the nearest Marine response team and why didn’t they get called up. Even if they were in Rota Spain, they could have been in Benghazi in twelve hours.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Please tell me again how Romney isn’t campaigning in Ohio…PLEASE!

Funny to see Obama campaigning in New Hampshire with their 4 votes….
you know as he is winning so handily.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Putting aside electoral politics, I think that we do need cuts to the DoD. Defense is not a jobs program and I don’t like to see conservatives refer to it in that light. Our Constitution empowers the Feds with defending us and it is a necessity, but we need to recognize that there is bloat there of gigantic proportions, just as in every other aspect of government. We need to cut waste there as well and leave more money in the private economy to hire those people.

MJBrutus on October 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

sounds good to me :)

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

..when I get my evenings back, I’ll get a bottle of hooch and start working the QOTD again. Gigi and the folks were really up for this get-together. So we’ll spin it up and see who shows up.

By the way: *clink*

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

excellent…keep me posted

*clink*

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I hate this format, too.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM

I don’t mind the format, I hate the audience and rules.

Let it be a real town hall.

Instead, we’ve got a liberal audience sitting outside of NYC asking questions filtered and interpreted by a partisan whore.

Brett Bair has been featuring toss-up counties. Put the debate in one of these venues in the local high school gym with unfiltered questions. As it is I have no doubt that one of the questions tonight will be asked by somebody dressed in a vajayjay costume.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM

The place in Texas we really need to worry about is Lubbock. Lots of unstable yankee transplants there.

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Double zing!

jazzuscounty on October 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Yahoo Headline:

Romney treating Ohio as a must-win

Heh. Now that is one hard hitting news team.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Thursday, November 06, 2008

The final Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Election 2008 showed Barack Obama leading John McCain 52% to 46%. We are pleased to report that those figures precisely matched the actual election returns.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Funny to see Obama campaigning in New Hampshire with their 4 votes….

you know as he is winning so handily.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM

UNH/WMUR had O’bamna up here in NH by 15 just 2 weeks ago. Today it’s tied (Suffolk).

O has been here a lot lately. So has Sheriff Joe.

Del Dolemonte on October 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I really hope Romney can seal the deal tonight. He doesn’t really have to “beat” Obama, just do good enough of a job defending himself and project an image of being a compassionate uniter.

tkyang99 on October 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

MJBrutus on October 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM

With all due respect,

Cutting defense and reigning in defense spending are two different things. Yes, as we become less engaged in Afghanistan and Iraq, defense spending needs to be reduced. NOBODY is questioning that.

The rat-eared wonder is proposing to balance his agenda by killing legitimate programs and adequate spending on defense functions. Completely different thing.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Double zing!

jazzuscounty on October 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Twerp will have your heads on a platter.

INC on October 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Did you even look at the dates of those polls you just put up, you dumb putz?

11/3???? Seriously?

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Agreed.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Make sure you’re here bright and early 11/7 to break down all the data for us on why Obama should have won but ultimately wound up getting crushed instead.

Kataklysmic on October 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM

tkyang99 on October 16, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I hate to disappoint you but the MSM reviews have already been written and, wouldn’t you know, Obama leaves the debate as the comeback kid. Romney is a big fat liar who sputtered when faced the awesomeness that is Barak Hussein Obama when he is not suffering from altitude sickness. They need only have to wait for the actual debate to hit the send button.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Did you even look at the dates of those polls you just put up, you dumb putz?

11/3???? Seriously?

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Of course he did. That’s what being a worthless, pathetic troll is.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Texans are very proud of what that lone star stands for on our flag. But to be quite honest, that star fad started about ten years ago. In the nineties or before, you would have never seen that star on houses. Now it is on front doors, on cabinets, on furniture, you name it. I have to admit I have one in my garden for the climbing roses.

Here’s hoping Romney’s star shines tonight.

jazzuscounty on October 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Kataklysmic on October 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM

You probably should direct that comment to whoever is going to be it’s suicide watch.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Here’s hoping Romney’s star shines tonight.

jazzuscounty on October 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM

So is that an admission I am right that virtually every house has that star somewhere? ;0

And yes, let’s hope not only that Romney’s star shines tonight but that he comes out of this debate looking like a rock star!

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM

“Did you even look at the dates of those polls you just put up,”

What’s wrong with the dates?

Those were the last polls before the election and IBD/TIPP tracking was right on the money.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I read today that this is true and someone has a transcript of this meeting…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Hopefully, folks in Michigan will see two of our favorite sons, Justin Verlander and Mitt Romney, both pitch complete game shutouts tonight.

You know, I’m beginning to dislike Obama even more than I do the Yankees.

Unfortunately, Denise Ilitch, whose dad owns the Tigers, is a Dem activist and a major league donor and fundraiser for Obama. Her dad, Mike Ilitch gives most of his campaign contributions to Democrats. That’s understandable. With the exception of Little Caesar’s Pizza, the foundation of the family’s fortune, just about all of the Ilitch family businesses, the Detroit Tigers, the Detroit Red Wings, the Motor City Casino (Mike’s wife Marian owns that so they can abide by Major League Baseball’s rules on gambling), Olympia Entertainment, and the Fox Theater are entangled with and at least somewhat dependent on government. Their sports teams both play in publicly owned stadiums and they have contracts to manage those two facilities. Their entertainment company promotes events at other publicly owned venues. Casinos are highly regulated and give a percentage of the action to the state.

With Democrats being in power in Detroit and also with Dem’s preference for cronyism, it doesn’t surprise me that the Ilitches support them.

I’m still rooting for the Tigers and Red Wings.

rokemronnie on October 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM

LOL! It’s FINAL poll. The polls are almost always more accurate the closer it is to election day. You aren’t citing its FINAL poll today. So, based on its 2008 record, the poll numbers that you are fist-bumping today have a 65.217% of being correct on election day. Well below other national polling companies. The two most accurate polling groups in 2008 were Rasmussen and PEW.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

No argument there. I remember Clinton’s “peace dividend” which resulted in a complete decimation of our intelligence services setting the stage for 9/11.

MJBrutus on October 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Yeah, pretty much!

jazzuscounty on October 16, 2012 at 7:08 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Let me refresh your pea brain.

IBD/TIPP’s 2008 Report Card:

Overall score: 66%
Grade: D
Accuracy: 77%
Consistency: 34%

Evidently, Obama’s “Good Solid B+” grade-curving disease is contagious.

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Have read & heard today from more sources than I can list ..
that Mitt actually wins simply by being Mitt, and allowing the voters to see he’s NOT the evil demon that even Zero believes him to be, and is actively attempting to convince them he is.
He’ll certainly be in command of details, but his non-threatening image should also be a strong component to the easily deceived ‘feelie’ types.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 7:08 PM

“A lowly New York Times reporter gets a document handed to him. It is a transcript of a meeting in which Joe Biden, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were present, in which security concerns in Libya were discussed including the need for boots on the ground. Biden’s debate with Paul Ryan has left open a serious problem for the Administration, and right now there appears to be a struggle that could end Barack’s chance for re-election.”

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I read today that this is true and someone has a transcript of this meeting…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Well, that would be a game-changer.

It’s just hard to believe that security details would reach the rat-eared wonder. But…. this is part of the Arab Spring myth so rat-ears was interested in legacy building and it could have filtered into the discussion outside the daily briefings that Obama’s Ipad took.

You may well be right that Obama was aware of this and ignored it.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

No. Their final poll was 1.5% high for Obama, which put them at #10 for accuracy. In addition, their very low consistency rating means that they were much further off for most of the month of October, and scrambled to get their polling in line with everyone else at the last minute. Not a very impressive record at all, and it appears that they will be repeating that performance this cycle as well.

HTL on October 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM

“This is not 2008 you dumb putz and RWM just busted you on the IBD/TIPP polling outfit.”

That’s why I posted the polls.

How much better do you expect them to be?

Just compare their results with others.

Better than ABC, Better than CBS, Better than Gallup, Better than Diego/Hotline, Better than Battleground, Better than Reuters, Better than Marist, Better than Pew…

Just look at the other polls listed.

They were less than a point away in their final result.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Waiting for that to be true, myself.
Until then, tho …

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Where is this from?

gophergirl on October 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I read today that this is true and someone has a transcript of this meeting…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Reid was sure, too …
Support needed.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Beers in Tucson? I’d gladly buy first round. :)

wolly4321 on October 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Where is this from?

gophergirl on October 16, 2012 at 7:14 PM

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Gumby the Bozo….say as you keep moving the goal posts you should put on some different shoes than those big orange ones if you plan to kick tonight.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Nervous, Gumbo???

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Obama will try to take responsibility for bhegazi. But Romney will counter saying you should because you didn’t show up for 60% of your intel briefings. Total failure

Conservative4ev on October 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Well a columnist on Breitbart thinks Obama will assume full responsibility for the Libya debacle in the debate tonight making him look like a hero among women for taking the heat off Hillary. He says he sees it as the big debate thing and a win/win for Obama. Hillary simply set the stage for it.

bgibbs1000 on October 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM

WOW ! An American-citizen caller to Levin, living in Thailand, is just about to take his 12-hour bus ride to where he can VOTE !! Praises Levin, as a minister of hope, via Internet, and also Michelle Bachman, as knowing of which she speaks !

Um, how many need to travel 12-hours to vote, here ?? Need ID ??
TOO danged bad !!!!!!!
Crimeny !!

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM

bgibbs1000 on October 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM

It just shows his incompetence, especially when he didn’t show for the briefings and this video spon

Conservative4ev on October 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM

They were less than a point away in their final result.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

You.Are.An.Idiot.

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM

P.S. I have no doubt Mark will have that caller transcript on his website tomorrow.

pambi on October 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM

bgibbs1000 on October 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM

He is going to admit that he lied to us for 2 weeks?

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Heh. Keep goin’, Gumbo. I kinda enjoy watchin’ you jaggin’ off my buddies.

Once I realized what you were doin’, the rest was gravy. In fact, it IS fun! But I ain’t very good at it. My imagination ain’t what it used to be.

But I’m still gonna say gutmeandpokeme :)

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 7:31 PM

He has to, it’s coming out that he knew they needed more security…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

He has to, it’s coming out that he knew they needed more security…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM

True but that’s not how the media will spin and report it. They’ll make him look like a strong resolute president.

bgibbs1000 on October 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM

That’s an awesome picture or our next President. He must be looking at Ann – his eyes seem full of Love.

Who is John Galt on October 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM

They were less than a point away in their final result.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

And today is their final result?

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 7:35 PM

When he comes out and takes responsibility that’s only going to open another can of worms. He is screws if he does or doesn’t.

The admin lied to the people on terrorism, this is not about sex this is about Americans dying. He will lose worse

Conservative4ev on October 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Gumbo the Clown..tell us about Rasmussen.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM