Gallup tracker: Romney expands lead among likely voters, now up by four

posted at 4:41 pm on October 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

Literally no one doubts at this point, I think, that Romney’s post-debate surge is for real and not a bounce, so I’m not giving you these numbers to (re-)prove that point. I’m giving them to you to suggest that The One’s now in enough trouble that another bad performance tonight could be fatal. His margin of error in this campaign was always small, but after the Denver debacle shattered his aura of invincibility and with Romney poised to hit him with an avalanche of ad spending, it’s now basically down to zero. In fact, as I said yesterday, I’m not so sure he controls his own destiny anymore. If Romney handles the inevitable “47 percent” attack well tonight and does a solid job of relating to the questioners — not his strong suit, but he’s spent dozens of hours practicing now — his lead might open further still, even if O has an error-free debate and post-debate. The left’s not quite in panic mode yet, but if Romney shines tonight then it shall indeed be panic time in the West Wing bright and early tomorrow morning.

And you know what that means. Soon we might get to see those Bin Laden death photos after all.

Half of likely voters now prefer Mitt Romney for president and 46% back President Barack Obama in Gallup interviewing through Monday.

While Romney’s four-percentage-point advantage is not statistically significant, he has consistently edged ahead of Obama each of the past several days in Gallup’s seven-day rolling averages conducted entirely after the Oct. 3 presidential debate. Prior to that debate — regarded as a decisive Romney win by political experts and Americans who watched it — Romney averaged less than a one-point lead over Obama among likely voters.

How strong is Romney’s surge? Strong enough to make even his net favorable rating slightly higher than The One’s in RCP’s poll of polls, thus shattering the “likeability gap” that Team O worked so hard to build over the summer. That’s why Obama’s guaranteed to throw plenty of “47 percent” and “war on women” crap at him tonight. Painting Romney as a bad guy is a far more effective way to reach low-information voters than wonking out with him in a battle over economic plans.

Speaking of which, the key data from Gallup. The first two columns show Obama vs. McCain in 2008, the next two show Obama vs. Romney now, and the last two capture O’s advantage or disadvantage over McCain and Romney, respectively:

He’s lost points since 2008 among every single major demographic, but he’s down especially sharply with voters aged 30-49, postgrads, and college grads — essentially, the educated middle class (and upper class) in its prime career years. They didn’t lose as much ground economically from the recession as less educated voters did, if this Pew survey from 2010 is accurate, but it may be that their expectations for an Obama-driven economic turnaround were higher than anyone else’s. It didn’t happen, and now you’re seeing the disappointment of thwarted ambition start to register as a newly viable Romney emerges as a plausible alternative.

One more quote, this time from Mark Halperin, just to help you get your game face on for tonight’s debate:

Here’s why some Democrats are worried tonight. If Romney wins the three Southern battlegrounds (FL, NC, and VA) and OH, he is at 266 electoral votes. Leaving the other five battlegrounds unallocated, that means Obama would be at 237 and Romney would only need to win one of the remaining five states to get to 270+…

One senior Democratic official expressed real concern tonight unlike I have heard before about Ohio potentially slipping away from Obama (the state has been trending Republican in statewide races, Rob Portman has become a force, religious and gun groups are flooding the state with voter contacts, two of Romney’s top strategists have recently won a statewide race there, etc).

Follow the last link to see Halperin’s map with Ohio in Romney’s column. If it plays out this way, Romney would need any one of Wisconsin, Nevada, Iowa, Colorado, or New Hampshire to clinch the presidency — and if you believe ARG, he’s already tied with O in New Hampshire. Via Breitbart TV, here’s Gibbs breaking with the usual pre-debate spin and promising an “exceptionally strong” performance tonight by Obama. And why not? If O doesn’t deliver precisely that, no post-game talking points will save him.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

One of the main reasons that Romney will win big is because there are millions of Indie voters who voted for Obama in ’08, knowing full well they were taking a chance on someone who was young and inexperienced. They had a good feeling about him, and they felt good about themselves for voting for a Black candidate.

Fast forward four years later. Not only are these people a)disappointed in Obama’s job performance, and b)disappointed that he didn’t turn out to be this post-partisan figure who united the country, they are also royally pissed off to have everyone from Chris Matthews to Spike Lee wagging their fingers at them, and telling them that they have to own up to the fact that their latent racism is at the heart of any serious criticisms that they have of Obama.

These Left wing media/Hollywood types have no clue what kind of backlash is going to hit them. They are so used to sitting on their high horse and lecturing the unwashed masses, that they keep pushing, pushing, and pushing, without any fear of facing any push back, since they think that any push back that they get is further proof that the unwashed masses need to be re-educated by them.

ardenenoch on October 16, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Romney is winning Catholics.

(Only 51-49, but still impressive.)

Abby Adams on October 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM

If he wins Catholics, it’s ove.

If he comes within 5 points of winning Catholics, it’s likely over.

JohnGalt23 on October 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Tonight Obama’s strategy is obvious: Deflect from the Middle East Meltdown and vigorously attack Romney, hoping to get him flustered and make a gaffe or two or at least put him on the defensive. Romney must in each case parry the attack and swiftly deliver a riposte. Remember, it only takes one big mistake and the media will run it again and again–anything to help their messiah. That’s the Zero’s game plan.

The pressure is most definitely on the Dear Leader. He must score some telling blows or he is finished, despite all the propaganda support from his tools in the media. Mitt need only maintain the initiative and he wins. All Obama’s hopes at this point rest on the fact that Mitt’s a RINO and will not be able to land a “killing” blow. Against a Newt Gingrich or an Allen West Obama wouldn’t even dare mount the stage; he would just order the airstrikes and substitute a prime-time address to explain why he is now the Foreign Policy Rock of Gibraltar and can’t debate tonight For the Good of the Nation.

spiritof61 on October 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I’m taking my concealed weapons permit class this weekend.

totherightofthem on October 16, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I understand that the wait time here in Texas from the time you send in your paper work, and fees, to the time you get your license is now six weeks.

I’m thinking about bringing my shoulder holster for the Desert Eagle out of retirement.

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM

How many times, do you suppose, his handler’s showed Obama the film of that first debate?

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Zero

Zip

Nada

Never Ever Going to Happen!

Pas de tout Oops, done run out.

PolAgnostic on October 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I don’t know about the wait time here in southeast MI; I haven’t gotten that far. I may not be armed with a small gun at election time, but if this guy gets reelected, I’ll be ready for the inevitable economic fallout and unrest.

totherightofthem on October 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM

J U G U L A R mitt, k?

be on your toes buddy

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM

ardenenoch on October 16, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Excellent points. I might add that not only have these Hollywood types continually lectured and cast the aspersion of racism on any who dare to disagree with Obama’s policies and record, they have also openly said that they are voting for him simply BECAUSE he is black, apparently oblivious to their own inherent racism.

How can anyone who is sentient allow themselves to be directed by someone who is oblivious to their own glaring faults and failings, particularly when those faults and failings are the very ones of which they are accusing those they mean to direct?

Shameless hypocrisy, thy name is Hollywood.

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

dude will double down on his normal talking points=strong performance according to gibbsy

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM

..with the utmost of respect: incestuous

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Isn’t there something about that if an incumbent President is not polling at a minimum of 50% they won’t win?

Sven on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

well the lsm sure wants this debate to be totally about women’s issues and the 47% comment, nothing else natters to them

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Since y’all have mentioned this aspect of a 0 election loss, I will share my take.

Atlanta
Milwaukee
Norfolk
St Louis
Philadelphia
Newyork
Washington D.C.

These cities represent hot spots, the top ones in my estimation. Voters in these cities may want to have extra preparedness at hand. Or leave the city for a couple of days if possible.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Darn, where’s the FB comments? I wanted to see something snarky from Kunta Kinte Toby.

Ward Cleaver on October 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Philadelphia
Newyork
Washington D.C.

Sorry, forgot two.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Even small towns were invaded by OWSers… No place is safe. Have defensive weapons available.

astonerii on October 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Mitt needs to bring up the price of gas tonight for sure and emphasize our dependence on foreign oil. That way if and when Obama bombs anyone in the ME and the price spikes he can easily say, see what happens when we are at the mercy of people who hate us. Also, it will prevent Obama from releasing oil from the SPR when the ME is in turmoil.

txmomof6 on October 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM

You know, I’m a little nervous about the debate, but at the same time I’m just excited.

I mean we all thought the media would prop Obama up no matter what happened at the first debate, but he didn’t let them, he was that bad. It’s true that given the format, Romney has a bit of a disadvantage, but I think he knows what he’s up against. I mean he’s not stupid. If he can deal with executives of national and multinational companies, I think he can handle his own against two idiots ganging up on him.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I plan on having my AK with 2 40 round mags in my truck for a couple of weeks after. And after inauguration should Mittens win.

PLUS I plan on carrying my .45 in my work van even though it’s verboten.

Can’t be too careful, what with the amount of the ‘lousy 12%’ threatening riots on twitter should da black man be rebuffed.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM

..actually, I was thinking about going to Cleveland just to see the ObamaPhone lady’s head explode!

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I agree with Jackie and have hired her to help me improve my usually soupy, weak sauce posts. Soon you will be able to eat my posts with a fork.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Gaia tells me that the Yankees and Obama are going down tonight.

faraway on October 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

astonerii on October 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I have a bone to pick with you!

I thought it was pronounced ASTON airy! It’s really a-stoner-II (too)

That’s false advertizing!

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Respectfully, this is not true. It will be a very significant debate, you watch. I look forward to that one more than any other.

May Benghazi destroy Obama/Hillary/Rice/Biden. It w/b ironic and the best Schadenfreude on Earth.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Respectfully, Two points.

First. If Romney “makes the sale” tonight the third debate will not matter. If things go badly for the rat-eared wonder tonight there will be no third debate and I’d be very worried if I were living near a strategic target in Iran or Libya.

Secondly, and more importantly, this is not a foreign policy election. Like you, this is the one I am most interested in seeing. Living in DC, what I have to keep reminding myself is that not all voters care about foreign policy as much as I do. These voters do not see a difference between the two candidates positions and couldn’t tell you what the implications of advocating that Israel return to the 1968 borders let alone what those borders were. I don’t want to leave the impression they are dumb just that foreign affairs are not what gets their vote.

It may be a very significant debate but one which will not be widely watched or have the potential to change the current dynamics.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

There is nothing wrong with your posts, Spark. You’re insightful and well written when ever you choose to be, but thank you very much for the compliment, just the same. :)

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

You can take Dallas of that list for anything large scale. We had a practice run a few weeks ago (cop shot an unarmed drug dealer). Lots of yelling, but that was a bout it. Less than a mile from our shop. Though the shop is on the main drag for south Dallas.

I will be prepared, but optimistic.

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Except that she was shipped in from Columbus by the SEIU. One report I saw said these people were in a bus that followed the Romney campaign from one venue to another.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I thought it was pronounced ASTON airy! It’s really a-stoner-II (too)

That’s false advertizing!

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

LOL
you got it right.

astonerii on October 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I’ve been thinking, it may help if SparkPlug adds an e. SparkePlug. Looks a bit more scientific. Your thoughts?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

PLUS I plan on carrying my .45 in my work van even though it’s verboten.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Clearly you do not live in California. We are limited to these pansy 10-round clips. But I can load and shoot my M-1 pretty fast..

..or at least I could until I lost it in a tragic boating mishap off of Huntington Beach — a shark ate it.

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Can we put Virginia in the likely column?

MontanaMmmm on October 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Like electrons? Cause I spark? Good idea.

Sparke or iSpark like an iPhone?

Yours Truly
iSpark…

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I’m telling ya’ll there is a slight Biden bounce in these polls too. Women were not impressed by his debate antics.

stout77 on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I will be prepared, but optimistic.

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I agree Dallas is a borderline problem city at best. It’s shear size required its addition to the list. Denver oddly enough may be one to keep an eye on. Some strangeness out that way. ; )

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

If you add the e to the end, it will cause trouble. Here’s why:

In: The GOPe will betray you
Inner: SparkPluge will betray you

22044 on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Should shear be sheer?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

..thanks, Nomad. I am chuckling over the image of a Fedex Ground truck pulling up and dumping a few large crates out on the street where the demonstrations were held!

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Have a friend in another state order them for you.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

One of the excuses out of Denver was that Obama was hamstrung because he couldn’t come off looking like an angry black man (editorial note- he is an angry black socialist).

Now we’re hearing that Obama is going to be aggressive tonight. What other than the polling would make “angry black man” a winning strategy?

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Should shear be sheer?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Sheer.

22044 on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

DAMMIT! You beat me to it!

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM

22044 on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Agreed, I think the lower case e would have to fall in between Spark and Plug.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM

cautiously optimistic….let’s get this over with….

cripe…

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM

What other than the polling would make “angry black man” a winning strategy?

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The Bill Maher white cuckold vote.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM

22044 on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Pluge? That’s funny. Sounds like Pludge.

Anyway enough about me. I want Mitt to pull Barry’s feed tube and let him dehydrate into a Slim Jim.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

how ya doing with the adult beverages war planner?

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Fort Worth is bigger than some of the cities on your list…ain’t gonna’ happen there. Heck, they think Dallas is “east coast pansy”.

Houston may have isolated pockets, but still plenty of real Texans there.

Austin’s biggest fear would be a flash mob cry-in.

El Paso, San Antonio, Denton, Amarillo, pretty safe.

The place in Texas we really need to worry about is Lubbock. Lots of unstable yankee transplants there.

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Still no Gumby?

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Okay now you’ve got me laughing over the concept of “mob in a box.”

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I like it! Has a nice tech feel to it. iSparkPlug. It is a bit difficult to type in on the iPad however. It will adjust once it’s been spelled that way enough. I’m sold! iSparkPlug it is then.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Pluge? That’s funny. Sounds like Pludge.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Hmmm. Can Next Media animate that? I like!

22044 on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

lol! I’m not sure if that would be productive. It might be too reminiscent of ‘Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius’.

And there is something to be said for intentional misdirection, as well. Leaving out the ‘e’ allows some to underestimate Spark, being dazzled by his wit, rather than marveling at the intellect, and talent, behind it. I also note that the prime function of a sparkplug is to provide that first spark of power to ignite the fuel, precipitating the explosion, which drives the piston arm and allows the engine to function. :)

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Oh guuuuuuumby

He appears when his name is said thrice – like Beetlejuice.

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You know I wondered about Lubbock, I have to confess to knowing absolutely nothing about the place. I think you are probably very aware of why I named Houston.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Still no Gumby?

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I was just thinkin’ – “where is the Gumbo?”

Tuckered out. Later tonight after his batteries are recharged.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Well, they could burn the whole place down and it would be hours before anybody noticed.

Happy Nomad on October 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Mitt: Please have a great debate and ask Dear Leader when he was notified of the Benghazi attack, who told him, and who directed Susan Rice to lie her fanny off on national TV for a week.

Oh, and why Dear Leader hasn’t done jack to address the attack on the consulate and the other 25 or so US properties that were overrun that day and not protected by the host country.

Why was the Qaeda banner flying over 4 of them?

Philly on October 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I’m sold! iSparkPlug it is then.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Ok.

Yours Truly,

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´¸¸.·¨¯`·.

iSparkPlug,
friend of the Scrumpster and BMore too, plus many others.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Just a guess but I expect Obama to play the race card tonight, perhaps something from Romney’s past? Have no idea what it may be but Obama just might try something.

bgibbs1000 on October 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM

lol :)

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Screw it. Imma take a nap.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Excellent points as usual. How about iSparkPlug. Too techie, not scientific enough?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM

bgibbs1000 on October 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM

wouldn’t put it past him….if not him, one of candy’s questions…no matter tingles will make sure that every other word mitt says tonight indicates he’s a racist

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Don’t worry Gumbo will be back to tell us NOW how the next debate will change everything…what a clown.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM

When this election is over we will let you feed Gumby into a pasta machine and make some clay Capellini Pokodoro with a diameter of 0.85 mm and 0.92 mm.

I added the mm to be more scientific.

iSparkPlug.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM

It’s a trifle Asimovian, i.e. “I Robot”, but most people wouldn’t think of that first, and since the tech revolution of i everything, I suppose it’s apropos. If Spark likes it, and you like it, I suppose I can live with it.:)

To paraphrase the Bard of Avon:

A Sparkplug by any other name would be as clever.

thatsafactjack on October 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM

tingles already calling out the right wing for saying monkeying around and food stamp president…

if dear leader loses this debate, we are all racists according to him and his talking heads say people will die because mitt will repeal obamacare

WTF?????

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I will be prepared, but optimistic.

cozmo on October 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I’m offended you don’t have a tx somewhere in your name.

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

AoSHQ reporting a poll putting Romney up 11 in Virginia.

And the Death Star just rolls on…

JohnGalt23 on October 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Still don’t see many Obama signs in NH, but plenty of Romney especially in small buisness windows>

D-fusit on October 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I am seeing more than a few O signs but I live near one of the state universities.

Del Dolemonte on October 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Bold prediction: Another Obama flop.
Chuck Todd will have Romney tingles running up his leg by the end of the night.

mike_NC9 on October 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

YOU are from jolly old England. It’s ‘luv’.

My buddy libdie is still bent out of shape. Too bad he cannot see the logic in my whole statement the other night. Perhaps I should go to Zimbabwe and tell them how it should be.

And the Gumbo shows up here JUST to jerk you all around. He doesn’t even vote and couldn’t care less who wins.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM

But, I do what I do to him just to jerk him around, too, luv.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

WTF?????

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I can’t wait until Barry loses the election and they start dumping on him. It’s going to be positively delicious to call them racists.

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Transplant?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

This election is like a job hunt: we have Mitt Romney, the man who owns local stores and is busy operating them successfully vs. the kid on the park bench who is hitting strangers up for four dollars. Who do you ask for a job? Which one do you want to work for and with?

Not too difficult a choice.

Lourdes on October 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Ward Cleaver on October 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Facebook comments are only enabled in Hot Gas headlines, not on the threads on the main page.

KK has been absent for the better part of a week now. Boy Lettuce is still showing up from time to time though.

Del Dolemonte on October 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I expect some zingers in tonight’s debate!

runner on October 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Every kitchen sink from Donks across America will be thrown tonight. I hope Mitt knocks them over the Big Blue Wall.

Limerick on October 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I can’t help but think that John Candy Crowley has some sneaky surprises up her sleeve for MittRo.

Norky on October 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

“Still no Gumby?

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I was just thinkin’ – “where is the Gumbo?”

Tuckered out. Later tonight after his batteries are recharged.

Lanceman on October 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM”

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

A quick scan of Drudge at this hour is interesting.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Norky on October 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Whatever would make you think that?

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Norky on October 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

A clip of Edwards channeling that dog on Mitt’s roof?

Limerick on October 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Norky on October 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

John Candy Crowley. teehee

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM

I suspect you will be retiring that nom soon. Remember I offered you solid cash money for it. The offer is still valid.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

WTF?????

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Last election, when McCain ran against Obama, all the Left/Obama campaigners were ridiculing McCain with taunting, “no country for old men, no country for old men” — McCain’s age and obvious age-related hesitations and such, vs. Obama with his bumping and grinding and cooool smile.

Now we see Biden, who has obvious age-related if not physically damaged problems on display as to his faculties competing against Paul Ryan, a superbly fit adult in his prime years of fitness and abilities. Left/Obama campaigners are silent about that glaring difference in fitness on display.

My point being that the Left is greasy, serpentine: they will take ANY position that they think has some ‘gotcha’ game advantage without accountability as to what their position — or statement, or policy, or belief, or demand — means or represents.

The Left plays that “whatever works” falsehood ole Alinsky and Marx loved to push: “the ends justifies the means,” or, rather, do anything without regard for what it is or whether or not it is responsible, IF you get what you want.

Lourdes on October 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Exactly what happened with Biden. Now we have polls with Romney at 50 or 51 instead of 46 or 47.

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

A quick scan of Drudge at this hour is interesting.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Cozmo will like this one.

Brits require ID to buy hunting magazines...

Not magazines of ammo, but paper magazines you read.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

In every current national poll, Romney leads Obama among independents. In 2008 Obama won indys by 8%.

Chuck Schick on October 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Transplant?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Me? Yes. I’ve lived in Minnesota and Arkansas, among other places, so I love Texas. Sorry Gophergirl and Ed. I was surprised to see that Cozmo lives in Texas after he was teasing those of us with tx’s in our names the other night. But, glad to know he’s one of the armed good guys.

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

You mean your mommie is going to let stay up past your bedtime on a school night? Do you get pudding too?

Any comment on this poll?

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

And tonight’s moderator, John Candy Crowley, is a fan of Planned Parenthood and a pusher of those abortions they’re doing that we’re told they’re not doing because it’d be illegal if they weere doing what they’re really doing and not lying about doing it.

Of COURSE she’s/he’s going to have a game-on for Romney. OF COURSE he/she will. It’ll be sharp, condescending and indecent wrapped in a blanket appearance of “caring”, just like the abortions she supports that Planned Parenthood is doing that they’re lying about with claims they’re not doing.

Lourdes on October 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Keep moving them goal posts.

CW on October 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Norky on October 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

3-D House of Beef?

Del Dolemonte on October 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM

But, glad to know he’s one of the armed good guys.

txhsmom on October 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM

No, not really.

Lourdes on October 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Dog on Mitts car roof: “I wasn’t too scared until he stopped to pick up George W. Then the ride got very scary.”

Crowley: “I’m sure America will avenge you, fluffy.”

Limerick on October 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Then, you’ll be here because that’s going to be said even if Obama comes out and says:

“I’m a communist. I want to collectivise everything. I want to take everything that white people have and give it to its rightful owners. I will put our enemies — the homegrown ones — in reeducation camps and gulags. I will give the Communist Party of America every item that they have on their Festivus Tree list.”

He will, basically, have to disrobe and start barking at the klieg lights for the MSM to declare him to have lost.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Norky on October 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

No way, she keeps those stuffed with twinkies.

slickwillie2001 on October 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM

“I’ll be here after the debate and after the snap polls have declared Obama the winner and he’s being lauded by the pundits, while Romney had an “off night.”

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Any comment on this poll?

JPeterman on October 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM”:

Gallup? Other than it’s good news for Romney, not really. Still waiting to see if IBD/TIPP shows any movement to Romney, which they haven’t at all so far (O +1 today).

That Virginia poll is junk, though. If Romney was up 11 there, he would be solidly winning Ohio, CO, NV, NH and IA.

Be ready for the debate. I’m not sure Romney truly grasps it’s importance.

gumbyandpokey on October 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

how ya doing with the adult beverages war planner?

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

..drat! I had to go to work — and they’re a little hostile to my pounding Tecates on the job. But commencing at 1730 PDT, I’ll be playing catch-up!

Was I correct on your home city? (Not to pry.)

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM