Video: “Zero Dark Thirty” trailer

posted at 6:41 pm on October 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

A few days old but worth it if you haven’t seen it yet. I posted the first trailer back in August but that was more of a teaser, to give the audience a taste of atmosphere. This one’s nearly twice as long and has more of the narrative arc. Spoiler alert: They find Bin Laden.

Lots of standard hyper-tense action-thriller dialogue to endure here, but the last 10 seconds suggest they won’t skimp on the payoff. I stand by what I said last time: Given the subject matter, this flick could disappoint but there’s really no way it can “fail.” Even if the first two hours consist entirely of bureaucrats sitting around conference tables engaged in superheated movie blather (“It’s too risky!” “People’s lives are at stake!”), an effective 10-minute finale at the compound will redeem all of it. One thing I’m not thrilled about, though: It looks from this like the film will revolve mainly around a few characters at the CIA (which stands to reason, since it’s basically a CIA production). That’s fine for most movies but in this case I’m more interested in the nuts and bolts of the mission than the personal melodramas of the people who made it happen. If anyone in this film gives a speech longer than, say, six seconds, we’re in trouble.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Act of Valor is now on Netflix.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I thought Internet films like this only get our Ambassadors killed…?

Seven Percent Solution on October 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Time to harden security at our ME embassies……

ThePrez on October 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Who are these people? I thought Obama got Bin Laden?

JellyToast on October 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Uh oh – obama’s muslims ain’t gonna be happy :(

Pork-Chop on October 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I thought Internet films like this only get our Ambassadors killed…?

Seven Percent Solution on October 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Yeah, I asked same question last week. Should Romney bring this up in a debate? I would.

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Who are these people? I thought Obama got Bin Laden?

JellyToast on October 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM

With his bare hands. Biden was filming it live…

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM

This film will cause/incite violence throughout the middle east.

The producers should be frog marched to a detention center, and their property seized and forfeited!!!

portlandon on October 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Shakil Afridi unavailable for comment.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

The Jihadys are going to have a MeltDown,
and Hopey will be FULLY Responsible!!!

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I’m curious if there are now regrets about this from CIA. I mean, now that they’re tossed under the bus or perhaps being towed along behind it on a wire.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Not impressed. Put-upon, troubled Chick rubbing her head in her face, some badass talking about not being someone’s friend, a kindly man kindly giving some innocent Muslim girl a shiny object…just, meh.

ellifint on October 15, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Spoiler alert: At the end, there is no cameo by Extortion 17.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Not to be a sexist or anything but it appears one of the principal characters in this film is a young hot chick being played by Jessica Chastain. I have read quite a bit about the entire Bin Laden mission and don’t recall a player in this who fits that description.

The guys on the ground didn’t think too much of “Hurt Locker”, even though it had an appearance of authenticity. It appears this film won’t be much more than a Hollywood action thriller using the Bin Laden mission as a plot point.

echosyst on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Well, actor Mark Strong is in it so it can’t, as a work of theatre, be all that bad. But I’m not so sure right off the bat as to some of the other performances, ones I glimpsed in this trailer.

Dunno, will have to see it. I’m more than interested, however, in the security complications of how this film was able to be made and by whom and when. We the people really need to be told more –not about the raid that got the get about which this film is made but about the complications of security that had Hollywood in there right along with the get, from what it looks like.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I thought Internet films like this only get our Ambassadors killed…?

Seven Percent Solution on October 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

ONLY when they don’t support El Presidente Downgrade’s re-selection.

Chip on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I have readied my sign and loaded up my RPG–ready to protest.

hillsoftx on October 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM

First Amendment for me, but not for thee.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM

echosyst on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

That’s ^^ what I was getting at in my comments at 6:57 (Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM).

I hope this isn’t “NATIONAL SECURITY GENERAL HOSPITAL”.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM

No Obama in the trailer, quite a tease. Or does he want a plausible excuse if the trailer goes “Innocence of ‘Slums”?

BL@KBIRD on October 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

They even put Obama first in the title. Nice touch.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Coming in December? Good. It won’t look like election-year propaganda that way.

Corporal Tunnel on October 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Perhaps TROPIC THUNDER did it better.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I’m waiting for the sequel. The one where the director of this film is perp-walked in for “voluntary” questioning at midnight for inflaming adherents the Religion of Peace into a murderous frenzy and high-ranking American military personnel call and try to talk promoters and producers out of releasing it lest it cause increased danger to our brave men and women overseas.

Lily on October 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM

They even put Obama first in the title. Nice touch.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Winner LOL!

OTTO on October 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Is this movie rated RPG???

Joe Biden, Paul Ryan and Bibi’s “Red Line” time line.

SWalker on October 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Hey look what those poor hollywierd people got in exchange for their propaganda for Hussein :

The state’s program, designed to stem runaway production, now ensures funding through 2017 of $100 million each year, as it has since 2009.
The two-year, $200 million extension to the movie and television tax credit program has been signed into law by California Gov. Jerry Brown.
It ensures that there will be a program to stem runaway production at least through July 1, 2017.

Now all you bitter clinger Bible thumping homophobic illiterates , pay up your fair share .

burrata on October 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Next up, ARCTIC LIGHTNING in which all the al.qda. dudes currently in our govt. are rounded up and held accountable for the first sequel.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM

They need to do a movie, about what 0bama was doing in the 16 hours it took him to make up his damn mind to give the go on this mission.

If he gave the go at all.

Rebar on October 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I will not click.
I will not give Whorellywood anymore money if the taint of progressive liberalism is attached in anyway.
I’ll let one of you guinea pigs touch it first.
If you live and like it…maybe.

OTTO on October 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Is this movie rated RPG???

SWalker on October 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Ooo, that’s really good!

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I am Barack Obama, and I approve of this message.

(Rapid Legal VO: The Obama administration is in no way liable for the preceding causing future American deaths. The preceeding should be construed as an offer to sell the president as a foreign policy powerhouse, and to”spike the football” and absolutely is a solicitation for your vote on behalf of the previously mentioned administration.)

Ben Hur on October 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM

President jackhole better not get a bump from this.

NickelAndDime on October 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

(which stands to reason, since it’s basically a CIA production

When in the whollyfrigginghell did our primary intelligence gatherers become movie producers? I won’t pay to see it because the approval for it to be made is an enemy of our nation.

Rio Linda Refugee on October 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hollywood continues to do what it can to screw America with nonsense and The Stupid:

and to confuse perceptions to such a degree that you just.must.buy.a.ticket.eat.your.popcorn.and.surrender.your.money.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I’m more interested in Les Mis coming out. Colm is getting a cameo…<3

mythicknight on October 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

(which stands to reason, since it’s basically a CIA production

Rio Linda Refugee on October 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

When? When Panetta became head of Defense and before that, the CIA, and Hillary became SoS and Obama became President.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Bummer on Mark Strong. I’ll watch Sherlock Holmes again instead.

And December? Nice clean up of the mess for President Romney when those cranky anti-movie jihadists complain.

kim roy on October 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

And here comes another round of outrage from the religion of perpetual outrage! The one who constantly jump up & protest in the relative safety of their own neighborhoods. These animals really have a need for a total humiliation & then turnem to toast!
Update on how to take on the Enemy media & Win: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Oh then! Color me a dope

Rio Linda Refugee on October 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM

If the Mohummus youtube video stirred up so many protests, imagine what this film will do.

the new aesthetic on October 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM

The movie’s logline:

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam“.

profitsbeard on October 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

This film will cause/incite violence throughout the middle east.

portlandon on October 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Nah, there is a much cheaper way. Just ship them all to Benghazi so they can join that “peaceful” demonstration they helped to film, signs in hand and all. The only way to make these idiots understand what islam stands for.

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

But Repubs have always played loose with this stuff for political gain…
But maybe he sees the cheapness and exploitation in that routine.
I know I do.

verbaluce on October 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM

rogerb on October 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Sooooooooooooo,they used CIA goodies for the movie,and Team Hopey had a cow over the Navy SEALS Book!

HMmm…….

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I will not click.
I’ll let one of you guinea pigs touch it first.
If you live and like it…maybe.

OTTO on October 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Clicking on the trailer link is no biggie. It looks like every other thriller out there.

It’s walking into the theater and later buying a DVD that you want to avoid.

kim roy on October 15, 2012 at 7:21 PM

The movie’s logline:

“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam“.

profitsbeard on October 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

profitsbeard:Good one:)

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I don’t think that President Romney will have this on the movie list at Camp David…

Khun Joe on October 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Speaking of which, anyone heard from Gen Betrayus?

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

F*ck off, Bigelow.

rrpjr on October 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I wonder if they show OBL,sliding off the deck,into the sea,and
would it matter if he went head first,and while he slides down
the chute,a wind gust exposes his feet,hence the bottom of his
feet!

Now that would p*ss them off!

Jus say`n!!

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

echosyst on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I read No Easy Day and the author, the DevGru (SEAL Team Six) op who was there when OBL was killed, mentions a few times a CIA woman analyst who was the only one 100% certain that OBL was at the compound in Pakistan, and he writes about her very favorably, and says, if I recall, she was quite attractive. Since the movie was filmed before his book came out, and the producers did have special access to “classified” info and people, perhaps there was a woman such as this.

TXUS on October 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I am constantly amazed that people can go to the incredible time, effort and expense of making a feature-length movie — and then not be able to cobble together even two minutes of film that doesn’t look like total hammered crap.

logis on October 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I’m looking forward to the scene where Panetta signs the “Go!” order while Jarrett is gone having her nails done and Obama is on the golf course. The conversation while he does it must be priceless.

Dusty on October 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

profitsbeard on October 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

profitsbeard:Good one:)

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Read by a Don LaFontaine clone voice artist, of course.

profitsbeard on October 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Bummer on Mark Strong. I’ll watch Sherlock Holmes again instead.

kim roy on October 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

When you hire STORYTELLERS to TELL A STORY, don’t be surprised when they TELL A STORY. As in, make stuff up, misrepresent real events, redirect conclusions from reality to fantasy or worse…

That’s my point. We should never have to see a movie to be informed about big events that affect our nat. security and our futures as individuals and as a nation.

I’m fine with films ABOUT real events such as BLACK HAWK DOWN but I’m not fine with those works being hyped and referred to as facts about events WHEN we have no other sources.

Obama and Admin AND the Dept.of Defense owed the public facts not a pipeline to Hollywood, in which case, Hollywood profits while history limps along. I’m happy anyone profits from doing good work but not when they’re exploiting others.

So, I’ll wait and watch this but how I feel about it won’t devote one iota of praise to Barack Obama even if they tack Michelle on after the credits with some tale about her vegetables.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Hope the movie is better than the trailer.

Bmore on October 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

To fight for the right without question or pause
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause
And I know if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I’m laid to my rest…

In memory of Ambassador Stevens, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, and Tyrone Woods.

unclesmrgol on October 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

So, come December, not just one piece of crap comes out, but 2? Way to finish the year, Hollywood. Add in Argo and they have 3 huge flops on their hands, looks like people are tired in supporting rabid communists in movies.

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

logis on October 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Dusty on October 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yeah, ‘the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam’, but it apparently does belong to an American film industry that does not have any problem making a film publicly celebrating the US Special Forces mission that put down one of the world’s most popular Muslims.

manofaiki on October 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Speaking of which, anyone heard from Gen Betrayus?

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

He’s General Petraeus. I can’t stand that Leftwing jibberjabberjunk, “Betrayus”.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

President jackhole better not get a bump from this.

NickelAndDime on October 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Release date pushed back to December (after election).

Let’s just call it Barack’s “Presidential Participation Trophy” and give him a pat on the back as he slinks off to his new Hawaii digs in 2013.

BigAlSouth on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Hillary and Obama should do a buddy film like Bing and Bob. Call it Road to Damascus.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Remarks on the Killing of Usama bin Ladin

Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Treaty Room
Washington, DC
May 2, 2011
***********

VIDEO:(06:58)

Well, good morning. As President Obama said last night, Usama bin Ladin is dead, and justice has been done. And today, I want to say a few words about what this means for our efforts going forward.

First, I want to offer my thoughts and prayers to the thousands of families whose loved ones were killed in Usama bin Ladin’s campaign of terror and violence, from the embassy bombings in Africa, to the strike on the U.S.S. Cole, to the attacks of September 11, 2001, and so many more. These were not just attacks against Americans, although we suffered grievous losses; these were attacks against the whole world. In London and Madrid, Bali, Istanbul, and many other places, innocent people – most of them Muslims – were targeted in markets and mosques, in subway stations, and on airplanes, each attack motivated by a violent ideology that holds no value for human life or regard for human dignity. I know that nothing can make up for the loss of the victims or fill the voids they left, but I hope their families can now find some comfort in the fact that justice has been served.

Second, I want to join the President in honoring the courage and commitment of the brave men and women who serve our country and have worked tirelessly and relentlessly for more than a decade to track down and bring Usama bin Ladin, this terrorist, to justice. From our troops and our intelligence experts, to our diplomats and our law enforcement officials, this has been a broad, deep, very impressive effort.

Here at the State Department, we have worked to forge a worldwide anti-terror network. We have drawn together the effort and energy of friends, partners, and allies on every continent. Our partnerships, including our close cooperation with Pakistan, have helped put unprecedented pressure on al-Qaida and its leadership. Continued cooperation will be just as important in the days ahead, because even as we mark this milestone, we should not forget that the battle to stop al-Qaida and its syndicate of terror will not end with the death of bin Ladin. Indeed, we must take this opportunity to renew our resolve and redouble our efforts.

In Afghanistan, we will continue taking the fight to al-Qaida and their Taliban allies, while working to support the Afghan people as they build a stronger government and begin to take responsibility for their own security. We are implementing the strategy for transition approved by NATO at the summit in Lisbon, and we supporting an Afghan-led political process that seeks to isolate al-Qaida and end the insurgency. Our message to the Taliban remains the same, but today it may have even greater resonance: You cannot wait us out. You cannot defeat us. But you can make the choice to abandon al-Qaida and participate in a peaceful political process.

In Pakistan we are committed to supporting the people and government as they defend their own democracy from violent extremism. Indeed, as the President said, bin Ladin had also declared war on Pakistan. He had ordered the killings of many innocent Pakistani men, women, and children. In recent years, the cooperation between our governments, militaries, and law enforcement agencies increased pressure on al-Qaida and the Taliban, and this progress must continue and we are committed to our partnership.

History will record that bin Ladin’s death came at a time of great movements toward freedom and democracy, at a time when the people across the Middle East and North Africa are rejecting the extremist narratives and charting a path of peaceful progress based on universal rights and aspirations. There is no better rebuke to al-Qaida and its heinous ideology.

All over the world we will press forward, bolstering our partnerships, strengthening our networks, investing in a positive vision of peace and progress, and relentlessly pursuing the murderers who target innocent people. The fight continues, and we will never waver. Now I know there are some who doubted this day would ever come, who questioned our resolve and our reach. But let us remind ourselves, this is America. We rise to the challenge, we persevere, and we get the job done.

I am reminded especially today of the heroism and humanity that marked the difficult days after 9/11. In New York, where I was a senator, our community was devastated; but we pulled through. Ten years later, that American spirit remains as powerful as ever, and it will continue to prevail. So this is a day, not only for Americans, but also for people all over the world who look to a more peaceful and secure future – yes, with continued vigilance, but more so with growing hope and renewed faith in what is possible.

Thank you all very much.

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

If the movie focuses on the 10-year hunt for OBL by our intelligence community, and all the difficulty that was a part of that, and on the mission itself, without even a cameo of someone portraying the Traitor-in-Chief, I will be surprised and in which case the film might be palatable.

TXUS on October 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Christien:Lol,gawd they were a team,and I bet Bob Hope would have
alot of zingers for Obama,if he was still here!:)

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:36 PM

It’s walking into the theater and later buying a DVD that you want to avoid.

kim roy on October 15, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Just one toke man and your hooked!

OTTO on October 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Speaking of which, anyone heard from Gen Betrayus?

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

And, what looks to be obvious about Patreaus, is the Obama Gang have shut him out of media because of, primarily, his views that “fail” to support ‘gay marriage’ and the end of DADT. Though he’s now head of the CIA, it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s part of why they’re now thrown under the bus by the Obama Admin.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Tarantino should’ve directed. Then, they could’ve titled it Ungracious Bastards.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM

with apologies for the mouthy-sounding Barbara Walters in the introduction.

Bob Hope Christmases With The Troops

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Read by a Don LaFontaine clone voice artist, of course.

profitsbeard on October 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

profitsbeard:Thanks PB,I’ll check it out,oh,and so thats the
voice that I heard as a kid,while at the Saturday
matinaes,watching some of the trailers!:)

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I can’t stand that Leftwing ______.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

So many words.

OTTO on October 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Sorry, but I can’t wait to see it. Hurt Locker was an awesome MOVIE, and this looks to be so as well. It’s after the election. They’re aren’t exposing anything that isn’t already out there. Looks awesome to me.

But then again, I can be objective.

Boomer_Sooner on October 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM

There are so many superb conservative films out these days: incredibly, D’Souza’s “2016: Obama’s America ” is still making money in theaters months after its initial release in July; Dredd, the best law-and-order fantasy since the first “Death Wish” with Charles Bronson, is still going strong; “Don’t Back Down” has made liberal heads explode by slamming teacher unions; “Last Ounce of Courage” has made O’Reilly so-cons happy (all about the war on Christmas); “Unconditional” is a beautifully conservative story with a sweet Christian message; and “End of Watch” still in theaters is that extraordinarily rare film, a paean to–rather than cynical indictment of–the police who protect us. Best of all, though, is “Atlas Shrugged 2″ which just came out Friday, packed with uncompromised, clearly spelled-out ideas about why free enterprise works better than socialism. I loved the first “Atlas Shrugged,” but this second in the series is even better, with impressive production values and acting and no punches pulled against the liberal corruptocracy. With polls shifting towards Romney as they have been, too, I’m beginning to be encouraged.

Burke on October 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I’ll wait for this masterpiece to make it to Redbox. I hope my $1.08 makes them all rich.

Fender54 on October 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I don’t care. No matter how good the movie is there’s still gonna be a part that glorifies Obama for making the “hard choice” and I’d rather not have that crap in my movies. I’ll stick with Act of Valor for my “America F*** YEAH!” military movie for now.

Cyhort on October 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Very accurate description given his actions for the past couple of years. Where has he been since 9/11 (2012)? Have you heard him, saw him? Its his agency that is now blamed for the failure in Benghazi. I, for one, would love to hear his thoughts on the subject.

From where I sit, he did betray a good number of us, general or not. Too bad his long career will only be remembered by siding with Hussein and kissing boy king’s azz profusely. I hope his sell out has been worth his while…

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

General Petraeus backs ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ review

The influential US general tells Congress ‘the time has come’ to consider changing policy barring gays from the military

sharrukin on October 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Spoiler alert: They find Bin Laden.

Ha.

Act of Valor is now on Netflix.

Christien on October 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM

VUDU has had ‘Act of Valor’ since the same day it went to DVD months ago. VUDU also has ’2016: Obama’s America’ available too.

No monthly fees or any other fee of any kind other than the cost of on-demand rental. Ever.

FlatFoot on October 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I wonder if they show OBL,sliding off the deck,into the sea,and
would it matter if he went head first,and while he slides down
the chute,a wind gust exposes his feet,hence the bottom of his
feet!

Now that would p*ss them off!

Jus say`n!!

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

..think they got a scene shot in the carrier’s mortuary where the guys are wrapping OBL in about 10 pounds of Hormel Black Label before they put him in the sheets.

That’d probably make the entire population of Yemen and half of Qatar vapor lock.

The War Planner on October 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM

General Petraeus backs ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ review

sharrukin on October 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Never you mid, some RINOs here seem to be upset with FACTS.

If Romney wins next month I seriously hopehe has the balls to clean up our military of all the senile sell outs and traitors. Starting with the Chiefs of Staff, they ALL HAVE TO GO. And then on down and down. I am sure we have plenty in the military who love our country and what we stand for.

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM

..think they got a scene shot in the carrier’s mortuary where the guys are wrapping OBL in about 10 pounds of Hormel Black Label before they put him in the sheets pig skins.

The War Planner on October 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Slight correction.

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM

According to the Obama Doctrine concerning films that offend Muslims, it probably would be prudent for all Americans post videos denouncing this “vile, hateful, reprehensible, disgusting, shameful, etc” movie. It is important for the innocence of Americans to be made perfectly clear to Islamists. We must tell them that –in Hillary Clinton’s “talk-slowly-to-them-like-they-are-in-pre-school-voice”:

“The overwhelming majority of citizens of the United States had absolutely nothing to do with this film and condemn our government for its intimate collaboration with the ‘shadowy’ filmmakers. We absolutely reject (the movie’s) content and message.

In the past, we’ve seen rage and violence directed at American interests over awful Internet videos that we had nothing to do with and this time, we want you to understand exactly who the offenders are. Tomorrow must not belong to those that would defame Islam.

There is no justification, none at all, for responding to this film with violence, but if you must, please aim first at the culpable parties and remember the ‘Innocence of American Citizens.’”

We should probably post under “The Innocence of American Citizens.”

After that, we should probably amend the Constitution to ban free speech, pray to Mecca, bubblewrap our homes, drink only boiled water, eat only foods that we grow, remain indoors listening to MSNBC telling us that Obama has al Qaeda “on its heels” or just plain kill ourselves.

Resist We Much on October 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Wow! Did you catch it?

1:37 in… back row, fourth from the right. It’s Obama! He’s right there, leading from behind. Freaking awesome!

Hill60 on October 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Slight correction.

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM

..romeo oscar golf..

Thanks!

The War Planner on October 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I hope this isn’t “NATIONAL SECURITY GENERAL HOSPITAL”.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Sheesh – I’d never be able to tear my wife away from the TV! :)

Hill60 on October 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Never you mid, some RINOs here seem to be upset with FACTS.

He wears a uniform and that leads people to believe he is something he isn’t, both on the left and on the right. Wesley Clark and Jimmy Carter also wore a uniform and that didn’t make them conservative and more than Petraeus, who describes himself as a ‘Rockefeller Republican’.

If Romney wins next month I seriously hope he has the balls to clean up our military of all the senile sell outs and traitors. Starting with the Chiefs of Staff, they ALL HAVE TO GO. And then on down and down. I am sure we have plenty in the military who love our country and what we stand for.

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I very much doubt we will see anything like that. It will be a more liberal version of Bush’s ‘compassionate conservatism’ in action.

sharrukin on October 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Resist We Much on October 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Hey, RWM, just wanted to let you know I am blown away by your political acumen. The tour de force was the analysis you did on the McCaskill-Akin thread this morning. (Which is why I asked you if you lived in MO.) More than a mere commenter, you are a

When you get a job on tv/cable/radio, please let us know the schedule; I will become a faithful listener!

The War Planner on October 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM

sharrukin on October 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Sadly so…

riddick on October 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM

More than a mere commenter, you are a..

..resource.

Got carried away; sorry!

The War Planner on October 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM

TWP, thank you very, very much! I will. Promise.

Resist We Much on October 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Wow guys, are you letting your own partisan hackery prevent you from enjoying and celebrating one of the greatest achievements of our military and intelligence community during the war on terror?

Bombs are bad when an R is president for D’s, I guess it goes the other way too with some. Sad.

jjraines on October 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM

That is to say, provided there is no partisanship within the movie, which I doubt there is. Certainly not by judging the trailer.

jjraines on October 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM

“Zero” dark thirty?

“O” dark thirty.

hawkdriver on October 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM

As in …

“Oh” dark thirty.

hawkdriver on October 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Where’s the part when Obama skydives from the edge of space and shoots Bin Laden in the head?

Hening on October 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM

War porn.

fatlibertarianinokc on October 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Is this movie rated RPG???

Joe Biden, Paul Ryan and Bibi’s “Red Line” time line.

SWalker on October 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Just curious – are you pimping that in every thread, every day, or just the ones I happen to read?

Midas on October 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM