Video: American politics once again the lucky beneficiary of a celebrity ad for Barack Obama

posted at 10:03 pm on October 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

I know how much our readers cherish the enlightened tutelage of famous people generally and actors specifically, so let’s end debate eve with another round of Hey, I Recognize that Liberal Sneer. Yes, that’s Scarlett rocking the casual “kicking around the set, lecturing the crew on politics” look. But the man behind the camera’s famous too. He’s the same guy who said this two years ago:

My fear is that the Tea Party gets a charismatic leader, because all they’re selling is fear and anger and that’s all Hitler sold. “I’m angry and I’m frightened and you should hate that guy over there.”

Read that quote twice, then watch the clip to see what sort of vibe he’s putting out these days. The money line, of course, is about Republicans “redefining rape,” which is a sleazy enough smear that even PolitiFact felt obliged to scold Democrats for it. But then, you know why the left is desperate and you know exactly whom this ad is aimed at. “Hope” and “change” aren’t going to get young women to the polls this year, but angering them and frightening them and making them hate that guy over there might. Ah well. Still better than “North.” And pretty much everything since.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’d totally tag that Susan Sarandon niece in the last one.

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Changed my mind.

KCB on October 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Vote with ya lady parts!!!!

MeatHeadinCA on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Stars=Scars

Bmore on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

ScarJo is a liberal.

Heartache

knob on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

They are so sure this ad is a winner that they disabled comments on youtube.

cozmo on October 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

So which one of those over paid, highly attractive women can’t afford their own ulta sound or cancer screening? And how much more did they pay in taxes, over and above what they owed, to assure those who can’t afford them will get them?

dirtseller on October 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

That vid right there deserves the Nobel-Obama award.

MeatHeadinCA on October 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I should hate a lot of people, by rights.

I choose not to hate but rather to disagree with, or feeling for them instead.

All that money, looks and fame, and they feel as though they “understand” and “represent” those women in “redneck” ” flyover” country.

Isn’t that interesting,

KMC1 on October 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM

They are so sure this ad is a winner that they disabled comments on youtube.

cozmo on October 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Flailing Flailing

Over the bounding main…

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Yet more proof the war on women is on. It is women like this that will cause us all to lose the right to vote!

Tilly on October 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I heard that Jake Gyllenhall is supporting Romney..his sister will not like that.

Terrye on October 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I’m no ‘abortion’ expert, but, isn’t an abortion procedure, um…evasive?

Lance Murdock on October 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

The day that entertainer activism has any real impact on American elections marks the end of this nation.

jjrakman on October 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Terrye on October 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Bogus story.

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I can proudly and truthfully say after watching the video, I have no idea who those three women are (although I to be fair I recognize the names).

Irrelevant…

Glenn Jericho on October 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I wonder what the percentage of Hollywierd jerks actually graduated from High School, let alone attended college. Now I know why Barky got the majority of the drop-out vote the last time, most of them live in LA.

Thomas More on October 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I just can’t find it in me to dislike SJ. Maybe I dislike the others I guess.

But they all come across as dummies.

Despite all of those bee-stung lips so help my soul…

Sherman1864 on October 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It’s ming boggling to what extent Hollywood Left really, really wants babies aborted. Mind boggling.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I know we’re all having a good laugh at this, but the sad truth is, a lot of low-information American voters actually do look to celebrity political ads for their news and political insight.

UltimateBob on October 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

They all look awful without makeup.

Greek Fire on October 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

They live in a world where an ultrasound is an invasive procedure but an abortion is a harmless procedure?

catmman on October 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Effects of too many birth control pills.

Brat on October 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Ah well. Still better than “North.” And pretty much everything since.

I heard good things about Flipped, his last flick, but overall you’re right. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a director who was so good for one decade go into the tank the following decade.

Doughboy on October 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I just can’t find it in me to dislike SJ.

Sherman1864 on October 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I find it quite easy. All you need to know is that she associates with MoveOn.org, the group that financed this ad.

And she really isn’t that hot.

UltimateBob on October 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I’m ready to Move On from Obama.

The Count on October 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

UltimateBob on October 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

The good news is they would vote for Obama with or without this ad. The bad news is they reproduce.

MeatHeadinCA on October 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

…these millionaire actresses…we would like to see their tax returns…what they paid in taxes…and of course what they gave to charity!

KOOLAID2 on October 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I love it.

Vote for Obama.

He’ll save Big Bird (who could buy his own Beverly Hills bird cage);

and

He’ll promise not to redefine rape!

Wow. That’s some campaign platform. No wonder Hollywood (and it’s collection of boobs of all types, in addition to the physical variety) is flocking to his side! The definition of rape is certainly a front-burner issue of the day. But, I swear I’ve been paying attention and I’ve totally missed Romney’s speech on that topic.

IndieDogg on October 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Mark Levin played this ad tonight on his show and opened up a special line for any women who had been denied a cancer screening or contraceptives during the Bush Administration. No women called in. But what is this “redefining rape” issue? Is this taking the gaffe of one guy, Todd Akin, and smearing an entire party with it?

TarheelBen on October 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

All I’m going to say is that I’m glad that only in America could no-talent whores with entertainment connections get away with such stupid statements without consequence. Beyond that would invite the ban hammer.

Happy Nomad on October 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Stupid cun@s for Obama!

Jaibones on October 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Unfortunately for the Marxist, 70 million viewers have already seen what’s behind the curtain and they didn’t like it.

HopeHeFails on October 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Terrye on October 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

That’s a bright spot for me if Jake has some brains as you indicate. But didn’t know anything about a sister….

Sherman1864 on October 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

These dilettantes should just do what they do best, shut up and f**k.

TXUS on October 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

These people would cry to the high Holy Heavens if someone hurt an animal, but they are all shruggy-shoulders about sucking a baby’s brains out.

SouthernGent on October 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

all the cool people in Hollywood are loving this first gay President.

Didn’t ScarJo kiss Sandra Bullock on the mouth at some awards show to get Bullock back her lib gay cred after playing the Christianese LeAnne Touhy in “The Blind Side”?

I though I remember seeing them really getting after it too.

Hollywood………..where morals go to die.

PappyD61 on October 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM

IndieDogg on October 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Somebody should do video using the “Redefine” Rape quote in this video and then ask, whether the rape in question is Rape, or Rape-rape, or the roman Polanski kind of rape?

SWalker on October 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM

ah Scarlett..you are just a pretty face to me, that’s it

sadsushi on October 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I thought the rape thing was a slam against Ryan for some reason.

And this is a ploy to get back the abortionista demographic (see Drudge story about Women fleeing).

PappyD61 on October 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM

One day we really need to create a conservative alternative to Hollywood. As long as they have that, they have the uninformed.

nobar on October 15, 2012 at 10:23 PM

No surprises here…the usual gaggle of distaff Hollywood libtards reciting talking points from inside the Cone of Cluelessness. Easy on the eyes, to be sure, but then, the same can be said for a great many syphilitic streetwalkers. My only disappointment is that none of them will leave the country if Romney is elected.

ManlyRash on October 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Cupid stunts!

neyney on October 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Only 19 comments?! I guess most of us are like meh.

SJ was good in Iron Man 2, a movie most conservatives should like. Too bad she didn’t adopt the themes in the movie and make them her own.

22044 on October 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Nah, still not voting for Obama. Maybe if they dance naked together, I’d give it a thought.

Archivarix on October 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Scarlett is kinda dyked out.

Ted Torgerson on October 15, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Planned parenthood cured cancer!! Elevnty! Look at my plaid shirt, I am like Kurt Cobain!! /

cep on October 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM

What I love about this.

any actor who does this, never recovers their numbers.

Longoria is effectively relegating herself to one more failed network series and than off to cable.

She’s already 40, IIRC, so her options are limited already.

ScarJo thinks she can do this because she has the Avengers ace up her sleeve, and the Marvel feys are the biggest progs in the game right now.

budfox on October 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

From Hope and Change to Fear and Smear. These limousine hollywood libs are typical of the hollywood communist left. Nothing new…

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Comments disabled. Yeah that’s real badazz, there, Dems. Can somebody get Neil Degrasse Tyson in here?

Gingotts on October 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I love when these celebrities tell us what to do. Like they have a clue.

gophergirl on October 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Liberal women are certainly head cases these days. There are the smug female media women, smart but lying witches. Then there are the sneering, hystrionic Hollywood women with cotton for brains. And now Hillary has thrown herself on the sword for Obama. I thought she would do it only for Bill, but apparently any liberal president will do.

Charm on October 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM

ScarJo is an idiot. Case in point – screwing up a relationship with Ryan Reynolds and messing with Hugo Chavez north.

txag92 on October 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM

“Redefining rape.”

They must mean like Whoopie Goldberg attempted to redefine rape when she was discussing Roman Polanski attacking an extremely young girl in a hot tub at Jack Nicholson’s house, after plying her with champagne and Quaaludes, saying “It wasn’t RAPE rape.”

Well, yes, Ms. Goldberg, it WAS rape, and it was rape by ANY legal definition.

It was also rape and a moral aberration by any standard of civilized society.

These people who sink to these levels, who see themselves as the arbiters of morality and ethical behavior, when they possess neither, are amoral creatures at best, and, in very real terms, a danger to civilized behavior.

thatsafactjack on October 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I don’t think the government should “make’ someone have an ultrasound. Now that being said, if abortion is a “choice” shouldn’t women make the most informed one? And furthermore, planned parenthood has admitted that abortion patients get that ultrasound anyway to date their pregnancy..

““Patients who have a surgical abortion generally come in for two appointments. At the first visit we do a health assessment, perform all the necessary lab work, and do an ultrasound. This visit generally takes about an hour. At the second visit, the procedure takes place. This visit takes about an hour as well. For out of town patients for whom it would be difficult to make two trips to our office, we’re able to schedule both the initial appointment and the procedure on the same day.

Medical abortions generally require three visits. At the first visit, we do a health assessment, perform all the necessary lab work, and do an ultrasound. This visit takes about an hour. At the second visit, the physician gives the first pill and directions for taking two more pills at home. The third visit is required during which you will have an exam and another ultrasound.”

melle1228 on October 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

The stupid is so strong. It hurts.

Sugar Land on October 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Get Government out of out bodies so make sure we keep Government funding of Planned Parenthood. Oh OK.

Hummer53 on October 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Oh joy! Now I’m convinced!
The fact that these morons actually influence a few people, is scary enough, but do they really think it’s anything other than the true morons? Really?
Well, I guess once the desperation hits, anything goes, right?
Update on How to take on the Enemy media & Win: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Just more actors to boycott!

Bambi on October 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

ah Scarlett..you are just a pretty face to me, that’s it

sadsushi on October 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Not even that much to me… dunno something about that overinflated upper lip or something. I never saw the appeal in her even before she outed herself as a Socialist dolt.

Gingotts on October 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I’m no ‘abortion’ expert, but, isn’t an abortion procedure, um…evasive?

Lance Murdock on October 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Could be, if the baby is trying to get away…
but, yes, excellent point. You are assuming they are using logic though.

hopeful on October 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Vote with ya lady parts!!!!

MeatHeadinCA on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Noooooo! Obama IS a lady part.

Laura in Maryland on October 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM

The money line, of course, is about Republicans “redefining rape,”

Didn’t Bill Clinton do that ?

burrata on October 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM

ScarJo is a liberal.
Heartache

knob on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

This isn’t news. She been screeching this same bullsh*t since Dubya was in office. First he wanted to get inside her womb. It never happened so now she has to accuse the new republican to keep her boy king in office.

jawkneemusic on October 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Another pic

cep on October 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Romney is getting advice from hoopie goldberger to help him redefine “rape” from “rape-rape.” Once that important issue is redefined he will single handedly overturn Roe. With Roe overturned and rape redefined then Romney will put women back in chains er something. Then women will be forced to have babies instead of men taking their turn.

Mormon Doc on October 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Megyn Kelly
Kimberly Guilfoyle
Mary Katherine Ham
etc.
etc.
etc.

williampeck1958 on October 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

The money line, of course, is about Republicans “redefining rape,”
Didn’t Bill Clinton do that ?

burrata on October 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I thought it was Whoopi Goldberg

hopeful on October 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

ah Scarlett..you are just a pretty face to me, that’s it

sadsushi on October 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Not pretty enough for me. And too pale.

rickv404 on October 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I’m no ‘abortion’ expert, but, isn’t an abortion procedure, um…evasive?

Lance Murdock on October 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Well, it is “evasive” in that, if it is done for birth control purposes, you are evading the responsability to take care for fun you had one night.

On the other hand, it is absolutely an invasive procedure.

ptcamn on October 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM

LOL Longoria is a brainless twit. Reading her twitter feed from the Biden debate, you would think she was a high school cheer leader cheering on her dumba$$ jock boyfriend who’s assignment was to debate the nerd in the class. What a sad pathetic beautiful moron she is.

jawkneemusic on October 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Noooooo! Obama IS a lady part.

Laura in Maryland on October 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM

No, his wife is.

Exit question: What would Mooslims think of Mary Katherine HAM?

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

When any lib talks about the Tea Party being about “fear and anger”, you know they’ve never been to one nor they understand the principles behind the movement.

But hey, they don’t care to research that on their own but feel enlightened to talk about the direction of the nation.

ptcamn on October 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Another pic of Scarlett JoBain when she first found out about Mitt Romney. She is super serious!
cep on October 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Lol, that’s in insult to the late Mr. Cobain.

jawkneemusic on October 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Woman should find this insulting. These hollow dolts think American woman only care about their uterus’.

jawkneemusic on October 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Umm, did you miss the war protests?

Perhaps you caught a nightly news bit with OWS?

Pathetic hypocrisy.

hawkdriver on October 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM

catmman on October 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Tru dat! I had “that” kind of invasive ultrasound when I was expecting my first and had some rough pains in the first trimester. There really isn’t a whole lot of dignity in being pregnant, but the reward of a beautiful new life makes it all worth while.

Laura in Maryland on October 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Terrye on October 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

She was for Dukakis.

jawkneemusic on October 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Exit question: What would Mooslims think of Mary Katherine HAM?

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I think she’s delicious, and I don’t even swing that way.

Laura in Maryland on October 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Nothing wrong with these girls that a little patch of duct tape over their mouths wouldn’t cure.

TXUS on October 15, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Pathetic hypocrisy.

hawkdriver on October 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM

We need a new word that combines pathetic and hypocrisy with stupidity. Like Hypathidity or maybe actress or something like that.

SWalker on October 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

The only thing I have to say to these “Hollywood Stars”:

Just keep on dancing little monkey’s, you are just there to entertain us and I could care less about your political opinion!

kcd on October 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Le UghaRoo,yup,Mittens wants to in prison
Womans Vay jay thingys!!!!
(snark)

************NUTS********************!

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM

With some women I work with this video will resonate. They are frightened by scary Mitt Romney. Even with some of the guys. After all, Mitt wants to ban abortions, which of course shows how little they know about Romeny’s platform, how little they understand what Roe v. Wade actually entails, what the Hyde ammendment says, the financial troubles we are in relation to wasteful spending, and what useful idiots they are.

One of those mentioned above, a guy, has no idea what Obama has done in the last 4 years, but will vote for him cos “Romney is scary and I like what Obama is saying about abortion, gay marriage, and human rights(?!) in this country”.

Yup ladies and gents: that’s the people that can vote.

ptcamn on October 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Gawd,the MSM,and HollyWood twits,are
stuck in the Victoria era!!

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Terrye on October 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM

That vanished from Drudge and Twitchy is reporting only 10,000 followers for that account. For the time being it seems it was a fake.

ptcamn on October 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM

This is all Scrotched up!!
(sarc)

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Kinda goes with this:

“[I]f you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare the voters. If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from.”

Fallon on October 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM

It. Will. fail.

Chewy the Lab on October 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I wish they would recast Black Widow in The Avengers 2. She ruins Avengers for me. There are some lefty actors that I can ignore their leftism and just enjoy their movies. Like Leo DeCaprio, Robert Danrio, Edward Norton, etc. the militants like ScarJo and Sean Penn I can’t enjoy their movies.

jawkneemusic on October 15, 2012 at 10:55 PM

“Redefining rape.”

Well, yes, Ms. Goldberg, it WAS rape, and it was rape by ANY legal definition.

It was also rape and a moral aberration by any standard of civilized society.

thatsafactjack on October 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Thanks. I had forgotten about that.

Yet I am not shocked. Liberals love to work with double standards, so a congressman co- signing a bill to renew the Hyde ammendment and ensure no federal funds get used for abortions other than cases of rape, insest,and the life of the mother, using the definition of rape under the law, is considered “re-defining rape”. Yet, when a “genius” filmmaker rapes a young girl with evidence to prove it, that’s not really “rape- rape”. How can an artist be sent to jail?!! He is a genius after all!!!

Good Lord.

ptcamn on October 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

but will vote for him cos “Romney is scary

I dont find him scary at all. I think he’s kind, intelligent… and HAWT!!!

kcd on October 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

This is all Scrotched up!!
(sarc)

canopfor on October 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Heh.

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Because America takes its cues from airheads.

It’s sad but true.

Red Cloud on October 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

This Rob Reiner?

wargamer6 on October 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I learned long ago that just because you are on television or in the movies doesn’t mean you have any brains. These women have the God given combination of looks and the ability to play make believe. They are entitled to their opinion, and I have the right to pay them no heed.

kam582 on October 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

These girls could have at least followed the fully naked PETA commericals.

Unless you’re naked, we don’t care what you political geniuses have to say. Got it?

Typicalwhitewoman on October 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I guess I’m too old to even know who Scarlett is so I could care less how hip she thinks her political views are. But there sure seems to be a pattern here, if you’re a Hollywood celebrity, you’d best be follow along with the other liberal sheep ala Streisand, Sarandon, Madonna et. all or your career is toast. And then the president loses and you’re toast anyway.

scalleywag on October 15, 2012 at 11:00 PM