Video: American politics once again the lucky beneficiary of a celebrity ad for Barack Obama

posted at 10:03 pm on October 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

I know how much our readers cherish the enlightened tutelage of famous people generally and actors specifically, so let’s end debate eve with another round of Hey, I Recognize that Liberal Sneer. Yes, that’s Scarlett rocking the casual “kicking around the set, lecturing the crew on politics” look. But the man behind the camera’s famous too. He’s the same guy who said this two years ago:

My fear is that the Tea Party gets a charismatic leader, because all they’re selling is fear and anger and that’s all Hitler sold. “I’m angry and I’m frightened and you should hate that guy over there.”

Read that quote twice, then watch the clip to see what sort of vibe he’s putting out these days. The money line, of course, is about Republicans “redefining rape,” which is a sleazy enough smear that even PolitiFact felt obliged to scold Democrats for it. But then, you know why the left is desperate and you know exactly whom this ad is aimed at. “Hope” and “change” aren’t going to get young women to the polls this year, but angering them and frightening them and making them hate that guy over there might. Ah well. Still better than “North.” And pretty much everything since.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

ScarJo is a liberal.
Heartache

knob on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

This isn’t news. She been screeching this same bullsh*t since Dubya was in office. First he wanted to get inside her womb. It never happened so now she has to accuse the new republican to keep her boy king in office.

jawkneemusic on October 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM

And she went all political a couple of years ago when funds were cut for Planned Parenthood because, you know, there is no other place you can find an OB/GYN. Where would women go to be taken care of otherwise?

ptcamn on October 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

ScarJo is a liberal.

Heartache

knob on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Of course. She’s Jewish.

The Notorious G.O.P on October 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Miss Scarlett sure looks …… different…….when she’s posing for magazine covers and not doing Obama ads. Why?

Marcus on October 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM

…and

He’ll promise not to redefine rape!

Wow. That’s some campaign platform. No wonder Hollywood (and it’s collection of boobs of all types, in addition to the physical variety) is flocking to his side!

IndieDogg on October 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Laugh about it, but a comment I heard at work (here in Hollywood) during the second day of the Dem convention when Fauxahontas or some other know figure was talking, was a guy all excited saying: “Yeah! The are focusing on abortion!! (Democrats) finally have their messaging straight!!!”.

So, yes- for the Hollywood types not much else matters beyond a president that promises abortions.

ptcamn on October 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Yawwwwwwn.

Ward Cleaver on October 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Cunning Stunts by Hollywood bimbos.

Jaibones on October 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

They make faces for a living for heaven’s sake!

Worthless human beings.

tom daschle concerned on October 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM

That sounds more like Occupy Wall Street.

Baerwulf on October 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Ahh, the good ol redefining rape fear tactic. Yes, I’m sure these smartie pants know about the Lautenberg ammendment? That was ex post facto too, turned many into felons overnight, well partially felons regarding gun rights.

Then there is VAWA, Biden’s baby and sexist by its very name. Then there is IMBRA, tacked onto VAWA’s renewal. Read up on that one. Scarlett there doesn’t doesn’t support free association.

oryguncon on October 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on October 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

So what? She’s only Jewish person in the video.

Lance Murdock on October 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Too bad there aren’t any pretty actresses in Hollywood any more. There are, however, a lot of airheads.

theaddora on October 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

When all the beauty and glamor is gone, stupid remains. And these liberal dumba@@es are relevant How?

stormridercx4 on October 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Because like as not, these people reach the electorate. You and I may agree that a celebrity has no more influence than anyone off the street but it doesn’t make it so.

That said….meh, not surprised in the slightest.

Texas74 on October 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

And exactly how is an ultrasound “invasive”?

AnotherRightWingConspirator on October 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM

The sign of desperation — they won’t allow comments.

So you can’t leave the typical “babies are lady parts too” comment.

unclesmrgol on October 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Just mute the video. It’s WAAAAAY better.

RavenRog on October 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I love how they try to paint Mitt Romney as someone scary. I have to admit, when one earnest-faced actress says, “I have to talk to you about women” followed by another who says, “And Mitt Romney,” I couldn’t help but crack up.

There’s a lot I don’t particularly like about Romney, but it’s comical to see him portrayed as the Boogey Man. Has there ever been a less frightening politician than Mitt Romney?

I’m sure I should take the ad more seriously. But ….

tom on October 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Behold, the Praetorian Guard.

LizardLips on October 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Yes, let’s hand over our nation’s precious future to stupid subliterate Hollywood sluts.

TexasJew on October 16, 2012 at 1:21 AM

These are some lady parts I can get behind.

xblade on October 16, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Oh absolutely…..

I’ve met the type.. well heeled university professor, going through the checkout lane, and deciding to scold the 40 something male cashier on light duty because of injuries.. because he’s sporting a veteran’s pin on his vest,.. and has a 90th Strategic Missile Wing tattoo on his forearm..

“You voted for Bush didn’t you?”

After a resigned sigh and knowing what comes next.. Yes, I did.. and would again, if Gore is the best liberals can do….

Then the preverbial scolding for voting outside my class.. and not listening to my MUCH better educated betters..

You learn to say things with your eyes you can’t with words.. I needed my job, and was more professional than that. The thing which gets under an academics skin faster than a blow fly, is letting them know, the real world doesn’t suffer ivy towered fools lightly. That courage, honor and common sense rank higher than left wing theory, which always fails when it’s tried..

that, and I learned to display complete contempt with a look.. My NCO called it the dickeye… FY and die.. comes across pretty well in working man’s format 2.0….

mark81150 on October 16, 2012 at 2:25 AM

” I have to admit, when one earnest-faced actress says, “I have to talk to you about women”

Uh I thought women were a collection of parts, like Legos according to the Dems. This video is like watching a dumb blonde joke with no punch line.

stormridercx4 on October 16, 2012 at 2:29 AM

So what? She’s only Jewish person in the video.

Lance Murdock on October 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

What do you mean so what? I am just pointing out she is Jewish and like most American Jews she is a liberal. I am guessing you are one of those people who likes to pretend there are no true stereotypes because it makes you feel like a good person. No sense in living in fantasy land, you might want to just accept some basic truths. Here is another truth; most blacks will vote for Obama. Ohhh.. the horror, right? How dare I say that.

The Notorious G.O.P on October 16, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Scarlett is by any objective measure the homeliest actress that for some reason they try to pass off as beautiful which has always mystified me as there are thousands of genuinely pretty girls out there..I think they just get a kick out of knowing they can make people believe and perceive something that is flat out false. . Her ignorance makes her downright unattractive.

Caseoftheblues on October 16, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Oh please, spare us from this mindless Hollywood trash . . . who gives a rat’s backside what this fool thinks or believes?

rplat on October 16, 2012 at 5:42 AM

ScarJo is a liberal.
Heartache

knob on October 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Dude. She was sleeping with Sean Penn for free. What did you think her politics were?

BrideOfRove on October 16, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Oh absolutely…..

“You voted for Bush didn’t you?”

mark81150 on October 16, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Awesome. Just plain awesome!

LizardLips on October 16, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I look at these women and not one of them is attractive. I know they are suppose to be but all I see are ugly libs. Put lipstick on em. Fix up their hair and buy them expensive dresses and they are still just ugly libs who support the killing of babies. If we could see them for what they really are we would be repulsed.
There are people walking this earth who may not look like much on the outside but are angelic on the inside and the opposite is also true.

JellyToast on October 16, 2012 at 6:29 AM

One word: Duct Tape

moo on October 16, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Notice that when they say “force women to get invasive ultrasounds” they leave out the part about only women who CHOOSE to get an abortion have to get those ultrasounds.

DethMetalCookieMonst on October 16, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Only when the Kardashians are involved, will it be a BFD.

FlaMurph on October 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM

It’s ming boggling to what extent Hollywood Left really, really wants babies aborted. Mind boggling.

Lourdes on October 15, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Not if you’ve met actors.

Those women, like pro ball players, have a very short shelf life. Pro Ball players usually have 10-15 years before they’re crippled, Hollywood actresses usually have about 10-15 years before they lose their looks and their market value disappears.

Pro ball players resort to steroids and surgery to try to stay in the game.

Actresses resort to drugs, plastic surgery, and abortion to stay in the game.

CorporatePiggy on October 16, 2012 at 7:52 AM

How is it that transvaginal ultrasound is invasive but abortion is not?

gatawoman on October 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Meat head making a movie for Moveon.org…. He is making Archie look smarter with this kind of message.

flstc on October 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Longoria? The lady that didn’t know how to pick husbands Twice? Give me a break.
Eva: You do not speak for me.

latina on October 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM

“Hi, I’m the turdbrain who doesn’t understand the difference between illegal aliens and immigrants.”

“Hi, I’m the vapid twat from ‘Lost In Translation.’”

“And we’ve assembled our colossal intellects here to tell you who to vote for, three weeks before the election, because our opinions are just that important!”

CrustyB on October 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM

SO, some clowns that are fed their lines from a script want us to vote for a clown that is fed his lines from a teleprompter.

Wow… Shocker..

rightConcept on October 16, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Must have missed this trio at the last Mensa meeting. Combined they have the IQ of a turnip…and I feel obliged to apologize to turnips.

PatriotPete on October 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Just so that I understand these messenger’s …

Undesired ultrasounds are invasive.

Desired abortions are non-invasive.

Do these people read the words before they spew? Obviously not.

Carnac on October 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

It was Hillary that double-tapped OBL.

racquetballer on October 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Gosh! Thanks, Hollywood for that political information! and let me compensate you fairly for the value of your collective opinion….

…Now where did I leave that warm bucket of piss?…

a5minmajor on October 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

If ever there was an election that perfectly defines this quote, it is this one. Smoke and mirrors, that is all this admin has ever had, or ever will.

TQM38a on October 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

theaddora on October 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

While I would agree that there are many who are not all that attractive, there are still a few lookers hanging in there. Katherine Heigl comes to mind. Mila Kunis. Alice Eve.

As to brains, they don’t seem to be making any Hedy Lamarr’s these days.

trigon on October 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Anyone else notice that when celebrities do the campaign ads they “dress down” so as to seem like regular folk. We see right through that crap you 1%ers!!! Now go back to your trailer and get ready to do what your are supposed to do – dance for us.

a1776patriot on October 16, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Uh, Eva Longoria is a national co-chair of the Obama campaign. She is with the Obama campaign – that is legally prohibited from coordinating with PACs or groups like MoveOn.org. Is she breaking the law by going back and forth?

Colony14 on October 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Haven’t watched a Jane Fonda movie since I learned about her trip to Hanoi in high school.

Welcome to my boycott, ladies.

Defunding liberal stupidity one movie at a time.

EB