Quotes of the day

posted at 10:49 pm on October 15, 2012 by Allahpundit

One senior Democratic official expressed real concern tonight unlike I have heard before about Ohio potentially slipping away from Obama (the state has been trending Republican in statewide races, Rob Portman has become a force, religious and gun groups are flooding the state with voter contacts, two of Romney’s top strategists have recently won a statewide race there, etc).

This doesn’t mean Romney has the upper hand right now. But it is no longer at all implausible that he could take the three Southern battlegrounds and Ohio. If he does that, he sure as heck would have the upper hand. And that leaves at least some Democrats with the shakes.

***

In a stark warning on the eve of the second presidential debate, veteran Democratic strategists Stanley B. Greenberg and James Carville write in a newly released memo that the campaign “has reached a tipping point” that could cost President Obama reelection if he does not present a more compelling vision for the next four years…

In an interview, Greenberg said that at the first debate, Mitt Romney caused many voters who are worried about the nation’s direction to view him in a new light, mostly by convincing them he had aggressive plans to improve the economy — even as Obama conveyed little about goals of his own. After the debate, Greenberg said, undecided and loosely committed voters “are looking at Romney. Before [the debate] I thought they were trying to get to Obama. But I don’t think that’s true anymore. I think now they are considering Romney, which is why the next debate is pretty critical.”

***

Obama has two big problems going into the second showdown with Romney. One, he needs to win just to level the score. And two, even if he wins at Hofstra, it’s likely the second debate will have fewer viewers and receive less attention than the first. So the president actually needs not only to win, but to win big to return to an equal debate footing with Romney after the disaster in Denver…

The strategist wants to see a forceful Obama — a really forceful Obama — take on Romney. “The ’47 percent,’ he ought to be shoving up Romney’s a–,” the Democrat says. “Romney can say he apologized. But Obama can say an apology doesn’t change things. Romney didn’t misspeak. That was a two-minute oration that basically gave Romney’s view of America.”…

“You can overcompensate, and he has to be careful not to,” the Democratic strategist says. “You can’t go from being a pussycat to a pit bull.”

***

Obama’s biggest problem, however, may not be Romney but the debate’s format, which couldn’t be more difficult for an incumbent mounting a comeback. The second debate will be town-hall-style, where a selected audience of undecided voters asks the questions, many of which will likely focus on the president’s tenure.

Hence, Obama must figure out how to defend his record before the crowd, focusing most of his attention on his individual questioners, while at the same time attacking Romney—and all without overdoing the negativism that typically doesn’t play well in such formats. Pulling that off may be the only way the president can prove to the millions of Americans watching on TV that he can do what he failed to accomplish last week in Denver: effectively counter the insurgent across from him on the stage…

In a town-hall format, an attack strategy risks annoying the audience, Sabato says. In Richmond, he adds, “members of the audience could be seen openly rebelling when the candidates got too negative.”

***

[A]lmost all the damage in town hall-style presidential debates is self-inflicted. The only way to win is to allow your opponent to make mistakes

If Obama is listening to the advice of countless media pundits that suggest he ought to come out more aggressively–and all signs are that he will try to do just that–then he is heading for trouble. Not only is Romney at his best when being attacked, but attacking Romney in front of a group of real-life voters will seem petty and will likely reinforce perceptions of Obama as running a negative campaign without new ideas or proposals.

Similarly, if Romney listens to his innumerable critics who describe him as out of touch with ordinary people (based on very little evidence), and tries too hard to “empathize” with the people in the room, he may end up looking foolish. Yet he cannot be passive, either, and rest on his laurels, because that will lend credence to the media’s narrative.

***

Until just over a week ago, President Obama’s campaign was on the cusp of doing something unprecedented in modern presidential politics: turning the election into a referendum on the challenger, Mitt Romney. Why is that so special? Because every prior example of an incumbent running for reelection in recent times has wound up being a referendum on the guy in the White House…

His advisers have long believed that a weary public has no patience for grand ideas or presidential self-applause. So Obama’s strategy has focused primarily on going after Romney—until last week, with remarkable success.

But Romney’s debate performance and his subsequent revival suggest that voters do have an appetite for big ideas and promises, no matter how vaguely defined. Unless Obama begins to offer a few of his own, there’s little reason to assume that a referendum on his presidency will turn out the way he hopes.

***

[H]is problem is this: In Denver he didn’t just lose a debate—he lost the carefully cultivated illusion of a larger-than-life figure who was Lincoln and FDR and Moses all wrapped in one.

Some 67 million Americans were watching on TV. What they saw was the scene from the Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy’s dog pulls back the curtain to reveal there is no wizard at all, just a man from the Midwest who pumped himself up into something far beyond his mortal self—and got the whole of Oz to believe it…

In the two remaining debates, Mr. Obama will surely be more assertive, more competitive, and more engaged than he was in round one. But this time the curtain has been pulled back and the aura is gone. That means Mr. Obama’s Republican opponent—for the first time in two presidential contests—will finally be contesting a mere mortal, not a wizard of his own Oz.

***

Everyone loves a comeback, and just as pundits and reporters found one after the first debate in Denver in the GOP nominee’s strong performance, Romney and GOP operatives argue that the same will hold true of the president following Tuesday’s second round on Long Island.

A senior Romney adviser predicted that “It’s going to be very hard to find observers to say [Obama] was just as bad as he was in the first debate…. the last debate sort of lowered a lot of expectations in the minds of many observers.”

“Perhaps Romney’s biggest challenge will be overcoming a Gang of 500 who would love nothing more than reporting ‘Obama wins round by KO’ lede,’” concurred Brad Dayspring, a GOP strategist and adviser to the YG Action Fund. “Obama the comeback kid is a very appealing story line.”

***

Via Pew.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Just because Ms. Cowley is gravitationally challenged doesn’t mean that heavy set people can’t one day plunge to earth at the speed of sound provided of course that they pay for the enormous amount of helium if would take to lift them.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Ah, but do your calculations suggest she might fall faster?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM

LOLz.

*clink*

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Look SparkPlug I Bished us onto page three. How’s that for speed?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

*clink!*

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

“it’s not nice”

Bwaaaaa. (know you jest)

Watch lardass try to control the debate tomorrow. She broadcasted it, bigtime.

She’s no fly on the wall.

wolly4321 on October 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Resist We Much on October 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Indeed, indeed…plus, no more “mother and father” on their birth certificates, as of last week, I think, plus this.

Schadenfreude on October 15, 2012 at 11:56 PM

A bit late to the game though :), methiinks the trend started here, about ten years ago or so, with Ms replacing Mrs and Miss :) ..as for the birth certificate thing, almost tragi-comic, imagine the teacher telling little Xavier: I want to talk to parent 1 or parent 2 :)…

jimver on October 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Slo Joe also lied that he was a triple major in college.

bayview on October 16, 2012 at 12:20 AM

He has also said:

“I think I have a much higher I.Q. than you do I suspect.”

True…but only if he was speaking to Hank Johnson, Sheila Jackson-Lee, Patty Murray, Cynthia McKinney or a box of rocks.

“I went to law school on a full academic scholarship – the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship.”

Lie. He received a half scholarship as a 1L based on financial need.

“I ended up in the top half of my law school class.”

Lie. He graduated 76th of 85.

“I won a prize in an international moot court competition.”

Lie.

“In college, I was ‘the outstanding student in the political science department.’”

Lie.

“I graduated with three degrees from college.”

Lie. He graduated from the University of Delaware with a double major in history and political science.

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Ah, but do your calculations suggest she might fall faster?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Well let me see. There I’ve got it. Move the decimal, carry the 1.

Bingo: She would fall at a rate of 7 gallons per liter.

Wait that can’t be right.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I just know to watch out for you! :)

INC on October 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Has anyone else seen this?

October Surprise

Corporal Tunnel on October 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Looks like a bunch of malarkey…

No one announces there will be surprise…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Joe means what he says. Not the same as lying.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Yeah. You get full credit, but since I’m mentioned I should get a royalty or a bread ball or something.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Funny that. History and Poli-Sci major. He’s now a millionaire and never worked for anyone in his life. I’ve got a BSEE and MSEE and am not a millionaire. I think I did something wrong.

AZfederalist on October 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM

as much as i love hanging with you folks in the evenings , i have to bail on ya’ll tonight. not feeling well and the meds arent taking care of the pain like they are sposed to. so im just gonna lurk for a few while i try to fall asleep. i wish you all a wonderful evening , stay safe and sleep well with angels on your pillows!

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I think it pretty immature to be making fun of Candy Cowley just because she is heavy set. I wish you people would grow up and stop making fun of Ms. Cowley.

Its not nice.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I agree, but Cowley is not “heavy set”, just “muscle challenged”. And, really, who among us is not? The good news, she has a press card and thus 24/7 access to Moochelle’s garden.

TXUS on October 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Hope you get to feeling better.

My first day at work after 2 months of medical leave. I’m fading fast here also.

AZfederalist on October 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

al queda? no, they are dead…Axe told me to say that….i killed bin laden you know..i’m a strong horse…axe told me to say that too

r keller on October 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I’ll be sure to let Axe know you said these things. I’ll let him correct them. Tell him this for me if you see him first would ya?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Looks like a bunch of malarkey…

No one announces there will be surprise…

MGardner on October 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Thank you, Mr. Biden. ;-)

Corporal Tunnel on October 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Yes, something………….

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Billboard

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

thanks lovey , im a fybromyalgia patient with severe nerve damage so some days are worse then others. but i do hope you get to feeling better yourself!

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Get some rest and get back!

tom daschle concerned on October 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM

AZfederalist on October 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

AZ, do the repairs and or corrections seem to be working okay?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM

That’s very sweet, and may the angels assuage your pain.

TXUS on October 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Billboard

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Good one.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Bingo: She would fall at a rate of 7 gallons per liter.

Wait that can’t be right.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM

That’s actually pretty damned close, like everyone else she falls at a velocity of 9 meters per second per second. Now this is where it get’s tricky… Because the gravitational constant doesn’t care whether you are lead weights or feathers, the greater an individuals mass, the more water in their body and if a tree falls in the forest and hit’s a spotted owl then the obvious result is a greater number of liter per hour than the standard reference model suggests. Ergo… 7 gallons per liter…

SWalker on October 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Texas is in play for obama.

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Idaho too. And don’t forget Utah.

VorDaj on October 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

These things work. Tin cans and a kettle. Great for camping. Dinner with a few twigs. Honestly, I made one and it works awesome. Used vermiculite as the insulation. Empty spagetti sauce cans.

It works.. boil 2 quarts in minutes.

wolly4321 on October 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

This one comes from the wayback machine: “I Want Candy” (NSFW)

onlineanalyst on October 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM

SWalker on October 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

SparkePlug is super smart. I suspect him to be a scientists.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

It works.. boil 2 quarts in minutes.

wolly4321 on October 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Every time I think I am the only nut doing crap like this…

I use a stove made out of a Venom energy drink can. I use Heet as a fuel.

Hammock ultralight camper here :)

tom daschle concerned on October 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Of course SparkPlug I’ve never been sure about.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Nice Flower tune..It is flame tree season..:)

Dire Straits on October 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Of course SparkPlug I’ve never been sure about.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Sparkeplug seems European..and very suspect :P

tom daschle concerned on October 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM

SWalker on October 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

SparkePlug is super smart. I suspect him to be a scientists.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

yup… me too… o_O

SWalker on October 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Oh my. Your problems make mine pale in comparison. In my thoughts and prayers.

AZfederalist on October 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Of course SparkPlug I’ve never been sure about.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Sparkeplug seems European..and very suspect :P

tom daschle concerned on October 16, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Yup, probably one of them German sciency dudes… Herr Doktor Sparkplug von Wiggetbraun…

SWalker on October 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Penny stoves.

Nope,, you’re not alone. ;)

wolly4321 on October 16, 2012 at 1:02 AM

No other country in history is like ours.

tom daschle concerned on October 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

thanks AZ. yeah im still lurking lol all bundled up in my bed waiting for the drugs to knock me out. thankfully the hubby will take my lap top and put it away for me once i pass the hades out

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

AZ, do the repairs and or corrections seem to be working okay?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Still not seeing out of that eye, but it’s only been a week since the second surgery. Dr. was pleased with what he was seeing in the post-op appointment last week and said that I would start seeing more as the neurological connections are re-made as time goes on. Too soon for any final prognosis, but if the Dr. is happy, I’m happy.

AZfederalist on October 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

even if you are a lil strange sometimes!

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

“lil strange”?

He’s here, in the middle of the night, channeling a leftist poll troll who’s too ashamed to show up (and, by the by, trying to convince people that Mexico is lost to Romney…..as well as Oiho)

and that’s only a “lil” strange.

Lanceman, you’re not putting enouh into it…

Solaratov on October 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Ah, but do your calculations suggest she might fall faster?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Too much wind resistance. For her to get high enough for there not to be enough atmosphere to slow her down…she’d have to be half-way to Saturn.

Solaratov on October 16, 2012 at 1:07 AM

AZfederalist on October 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Happy is good. Keeping my fingers crossed. Sight will be happier still.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM

yeah, well, i don’t generally hang with people like axelrod…but good luck

btw, axelrod is a little miffed at J rubin wrt the hillary stuff

rubin has been in attack mode all night

r keller on October 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

SparkePlug is super smart. I suspect him to be a scientists.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Of course he’s very smart. All that wit must have a source. However, I never expected him to be many :)

Above all he’s such a funny guy.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Thanks Bmore. I’m out for the night as well. Not used to this work stuff. ;-)

AZfederalist on October 16, 2012 at 1:10 AM

she’d have to be half-way to Saturn.

Solaratov on October 16, 2012 at 1:07 AM

If we could get her there before tomorrow, that would work fine and dandy for me . Maybe SparkPlug will be able to tell us what the additional cost of helium will be. If it isn’t too astronomical a price. I’m in!

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:12 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Sleep well and pain free, kb.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Good Night AZ, Sleep Well.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Wishing you continued improvement, AZ.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM

r keller on October 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Lol! I thought you meant Axe one of our commenters here at HA. Wait, your not saying…….nah, couldn’t be, could it?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM

thanks hun , meds are starting to kick in so i may wind up passing out here soon but in the mean time i am certainly enjoying reading all the posts about water rates and velocities lmao

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Above all he’s such a funny guy.

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I was hoping no one would notice. He/they are funny though. Both/all of them.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

katee, I would never mean to pry, but, are they really strong pain pills?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

They sure are :)

Schadenfreude on October 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM

ok ive answered you twice about the meds but my comments are not showing up

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM

katee, I would never mean to pry, but, are they really strong pain pills?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:20 AM)

so ill try it this way lol i take 2 little yellow footballs every 4-6 hrs plus other assorted meds

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Why am I starting to get the feeling SparkPlug is over at YouTube watching this instead of getting back to us with those calculations?

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:31 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I have never quite understood why the site doesn’t like some drugs. It likes some fine, others? Odd. Pleasant Dreams katee. ; )

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM

thank you , same goes for you. im a firm believer in wishing folks pleasant dreams. though to be honest i think it is just the mommy side of me … ever had to stand over a child and chant… bad dreams bad dreams go away go away ..good dreams good dreams here to stay here to stay ? lol i have to do it every night , so it gets to be a serious habit after 18 years of raising little ones

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:36 AM

katee bayer on October 16, 2012 at 1:36 AM

For me, I say pleasant dreams to the ladies, except Cindy Munford, she gets sweet dreams,, sleep well to the men, except for predator, he gets sleep easy. It was a way to help me remember folks gender.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Candy.

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Obama is the incestual child of the media and the DNC, and it shows.

Schadenfreude on October 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM

..tu eres en fuego, hermano!

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Candy.

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

..Candy!

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Night B.

tom daschle concerned on October 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM

SparkePlug is super smart. I suspect him to be a scientists.

Bmore on October 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

yup… me too… o_O

SWalker on October 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Maybe so, but no one is as smartz as Dr. T. He told me so hisself.

John the Libertarian on October 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department on Monday night sought dismissal of a lawsuit by a Republican-led House committee demanding that Attorney General Eric Holder produce records about the botched law enforcement probe of gun-trafficking called Operation Fast and Furious.

In its court papers, the Justice Department says the Constitution does not permit the courts to resolve the political dispute between the executive branch and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that is seeking the records. The political branches have a long history of resolving disputes over congressional requests without judicial intervention, the court filing said.

Doesn’t this sort of ignore United States v. Nixon, 418 U.S. 683 (1974) where the SCOTUS voted 8-0 to force Nixon to turn over the tapes.

J_Crater on October 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Bitter-clingers.
Spread the wealth around.
Energy rates necessarily skyrocket.
There’s a point where people have made enough money.
You didn’t build that.
You look in the mirror and say I’m smarter than everyone else.

John the Libertarian on October 16, 2012 at 2:02 AM

If Texas is in play, Florida and Ohio are off the table as far as Mitt is concerned.

Oh well. Better luck in ’16.

Lanceman on October 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

..cut it out, Lance! It’s not very considerate of us senior citizens with high BP and a heart condition.

The War Planner on October 16, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Markos tweeted earlier that the new PPP poll coming out in the morning doesn’t look good for the boy king.

You’ve now got the Kos kiddies arguing over whether he should release the poll or bury it.

It’s integrity among us (1+ / 0-)

If kos held a poll because it was “bad”, I’d lose respect for this site. We’re a reality based community and the reality is what it is.

Not hard to tell which side this guy comes down on.

Except the case can be made (1+ / 0-)

Based on the polls this week, the PPP poll does not show reality. It would paint an exaggerated negative picture that would help the GOP.

I thought this site was about electing Democrats, not being moral and “above the fray” of politics, like Obama pretended to be in the last debate. Would you expect Karl Rove or Rasmussen to release a poll showing Obama ahead right now? No.

Flora Duh on October 16, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Golly what’s happening? Everybody think eyes funny.

BTW, Schad and BMore are most knowledgeable and brainy about many things and there are so many talented conservatives who work hard like KJ and there are poets and writers and musicians and analysts and thinker types all over this blog place.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I’m just a pawn in the game of life.

-Mongo

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Ready for round 2

Courtesy of ORrighty…

Gohawgs on October 16, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Resist We Much on October 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

It is amazing that you have two transparent pathological habitual liars in Barry and Slo Joe and some gullible Americans are buying the lies hook, line and sinker.

bayview on October 16, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Ok I accidentally left out Flora. Wow she is a brain. Got her finger on the pulse of the news like a canopforian Sherlock Holmes sleuth.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Lots of folks smarter than we…Then, there’s Dire

Gohawgs on October 16, 2012 at 2:40 AM

SWalker on October 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM

My calculations have been completely vindicated thanks to SWalker and the peeps at CERN. Yippie.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Gohawgs on October 16, 2012 at 2:40 AM

LOLz. He is in a class by himself. Some people call it detention. Prolly for shooting spit wads.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I’m just a pawn in the game of life.

-Mongo

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I’m just a spawn in the game of life.

-Twerp’s Son

teehee

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Well let me see. There I’ve got it. Move the decimal, carry the 1.

Bingo: She would fall at a rate of 7 gallons per liter.

Wait that can’t be right.

SparkPlug on October 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Rarely do I chuckle at posts. Thanks.

rogerb on October 16, 2012 at 6:03 AM

OT: Why does a nation even have to give an action like this a second thought? Why don’t liberals like military voters?

The federal suit came on the heels a campaign request to the state’s Government Accountability Board to extend the deadline after at least 30 Wisconsin municipalities failed to send overseas ballots 45 days before the election, which is required under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voter Act (UOCAVA). The campaign proceeded with the suit against GAB after their initial request was denied.

hawkdriver on October 16, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Here is the most worrisome aspect of this entire “debate” fiasco. If 3-1/2 years of his performances haven’t already done that, and one debate can do and then undo that, what does it say about a large segment of the voting public?

Cleombrotus on October 16, 2012 at 6:18 AM

morning joe can’t let go of the abc poll showing dear leader above 50$…dude, it’s one poll, you’d think that was the end all bell all of polls

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:18 AM

benghazi cover up won’t affect the election according to joe…

cripe

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:20 AM

no question about susan rice going on all those shows and lying…won’t even mention that little tidbit…

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I wonder…will Hil’s announcement come up tonight? I question the timing. My take.

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Romney did not so much apologize for that as he admitted that he said it all wrong…he has never apologized for saying that the policies of Barack Obama foster dependence on the government and that there are people out there who will not take responsibility for themselves. We all know this is true. Everyone has seen it and many of us have people in our own families who might well fall into this category. Besides, it is not as if people have not heard all this before. There is nothing new in the 47%.

Terrye on October 16, 2012 at 6:35 AM

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:18 AM

I do not know why people give this guy anytime. He just annoys me…and not only was it only one poll..it only included 26% Republicans. It is in fact, an outlier at this point.

Terrye on October 16, 2012 at 6:37 AM

It is in fact, an outlier at this point.

Terrye on October 16, 2012 at 6:37 AM

i hear ya, but they are sooooo laser focused on that poll

Terrye on October 16, 2012 at 6:35 AM

hopefully Mitt has a better comeback than he did with wolfie,

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 6:45 AM

GREAT TAKE KJ

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 7:05 AM

the media has set the stage….tonight it’s all about the COMEBACK KID.

Four more years.

PappyD61 on October 16, 2012 at 7:06 AM

PappyD61 on October 16, 2012 at 7:06 AM

yes indeedy

ALL HAIL DEAR LEADER

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 7:09 AM

david gregory looking anxious. begging obama to stop tearing down mitt. he needs to start presenting his own solutions to the problems in tonites debate.

don’t bother dave,the punahou putz will surely take the low road tonite.

mitt just needs to continue looking presidential.

renalin on October 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM

In an earlier post I said Hil would never fall on the sword for O because the progressive movement is patient, and she knows it can survive without BO, and it will survive a Romney Presidency.

What if that is not true? What if BO has the endgame for the progressive movement in his grasp in the next four years, and Hil knows it. What if she and Bill were promised a position of wealth and power in the new American progressive utopia? Obama will be unencumbered from re-election concerns, and he has already proven that congress will not challenge his executive orders.

tdarrington on October 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Thank you, ma’am! Share it with your Friends. :)

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 7:12 AM

renalin on October 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM

double down obama, he gave us his vision in the first debate—more of the same

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 7:13 AM

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 7:12 AM

you betcha :)

cmsinaz on October 16, 2012 at 7:14 AM

kingsjester on October 16, 2012 at 6:26 AM

So when can we expect a resignation statement from Lady Hillary ?

FlaMurph on October 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM