Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

There are two possibilities. Either the intelligence community had a detailed picture of what happened in Benghazi that night and failed to share it with other administration officials and the White House. Or the intelligence community provided that detailed intelligence picture to others in the administration, and Obama, Biden, Clinton, Susan Rice, and others ignored and manipulated the intelligence to tell a politically convenient—but highly inaccurate—story.

If it’s the former, DNI James Clapper should be fired. If it’s the latter, what happened in Benghazi—and what happened afterwards—will go down as one of the worst scandals in recent memory.

It seems far more likely that it’s the latter. After all, is it conceivable that White House officials at the highest levels were not actively engaged in interagency meetings to determine what happened in Benghazi? Is it conceivable that intelligence officials, knowing there was no evidence at all of a link between the film and Benghazi, would fail to tell the president and his colleagues that their claims were unfounded? Is it conceivable that somehow the latest intelligence on the 9/11 attacks was left out of Obama’s intelligence briefings in the days after 9/11? It would have been a priority for every professional at the CIA, the State Department, and the National Security Council to discover exactly what happened in Benghazi as soon as possible. Is it conceivable that the information wasn’t passed to the most senior figures in the administration?

No, it’s really not. And therefore, the fact that these senior figures misled us—and still mislead us—is a scandal of the first order.

***

The administration desperately needs a scapegoat to keep this scandal as far from the White House as possible. And that is why I think that, beyond Biden’s fact-challenged statements, the more consequential thing he did last night was to try to make the intelligence community (IC) the scapegoat (and I am not the only one who picked up on this). Based on this interview with Obama’s deputy campaign manager, the fingering of the IC appears to be a deliberate, coordinated strategy by the politicos — and it is very risky.

First, as numerous fact-checkers have already pointed out, the administration did not merely go with whatever the IC told them. They went with whatever was the most politically useful story at the time. The Obama campaign keeps complaining about how Romney-Ryan have politicized this issue, but in fact the Obama campaign has played this as a political issue from the very start.

Second, the IC can fight back. Frustration has been mounting for years within the IC over the way the administration has politicized intelligence. At some point, that frustration could bubble over into retaliatory leaks and damaging revelations.

***

Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden has joined the chorus of GOP voices slamming Vice President Biden’s comments on the White House’s inconsistent explanation of the Sept. 11 assault on the American Consulate in Libya…

“It is clear that any failure was not on the part of the intelligence community, but on the part of White House decision-makers who should have listened to, and acted on, available intelligence,” Hayden said in a joint statement with former Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff issued Friday.

“Blaming those who put their lives on the line is not the kind of leadership this country needs,” Hayden added.

***

It sure looks like Vice President Joe Biden put the blame on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, his potential 2016 rival, for the security failings Benghazi. “We weren’t told they wanted more security,” Biden declared. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney backed Biden up, saying it’s a State Department (i.e. Hillary) issue.

Will Hillary now retaliate and protect herself by leaking word that the White House did too know? Will her husband continue to tour the country trying to pull Obama’s bacon out of the fire (as he did at the convention) even as Obama points a finger at his wife? Will they all cut some sort of deal in which Hillary agrees to take the fall and Bill soldiers on … in exchange for, what? Have they already cut a deal? Is the White House going to try to hang its hat on the idea that Obama and Biden didn’t know, but maybe their staffs knew? Will that really fly? Aren’t they responsible for their staffs? Will the staffs fight back?

***

To “politicize” means “to give a political character to.” It is a reductive term, capturing the peculiarly shrunken horizons of politics: “Gee, they nuked Israel. D’you think that will hurt us in Florida?” So media outlets fret that Benghazi could be “bad” for Obama — by which they mean he might be hitting the six-figure lecture circuit four years ahead of schedule. But for Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods, it’s real bad. They’re dead, over, gonesville. Given that Obama and Secretary Clinton refer to Stevens pneumatically as “Chris,” as if they’ve known him since third grade, why would they dishonor the sacrifice of their close personal friend by peddling an utterly false narrative as to why he died? You want “politicization”? Secretary Clinton linked the YouTube video to the murder of her colleagues even as the four caskets lay alongside her at Andrews Air Force Base — even though she had known for days that it had nothing to do with it. It’s weird enough that politicians now give campaign speeches to returning coffins. But to conscript your “friend”’s corpse as a straight man for some third-rate electoral opportunism is surely as shriveled and worthless as “politicization” gets…

In the days before the attack Joe Biden had been peddling his Obama campaign slogan that “bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.” The first successful terrorist attack on U.S. sovereign territory since 9/11, and on the very anniversary and by al-Qaeda-linked killers, was not helpful to the Obama team. And so the nature of the event had to be “politicized”: Look, over there — an Islamophobic movie! “Greater love hath no man than this,” quoth the president at Chris Stevens’ coffin, “that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Smaller love hath no man than Obama’s, than to lay down his “friend” for a couple of points in Ohio.

***

***

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Got it. No prob. You’re posting rights are far more important than you-know-who.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Sorry, that wasn’t my last link for the night.

I just found out that last story about Denver was wrong.

UPDATE: Oops. Didn’t check the date. The Democrat worker attacking the Democrat HQ story is from 2009. In the current investigation, silence prevails:

Neither Democrats, Republicans nor police wanted to speculate whether the assault was random vandalism, or an attack related somehow to the heated presidential campaign. Multiple national media outlets picked up on the story.

I picked it up from someone who probably picked it up from Stacy McCain, but I should have checked the date myself! :(

At least they are all keeping their mouth shut until they find out the facts.

INC on October 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Lanceman said it. Its there for the world to see. I dare him to call me a liar. Notice, rogerb will not copy and paste it.

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Re: “rogerb will not copy and paste it.“:

There will need to be something hypocritical or a post that directly contradicts that position in the future. You get that, right?

Good for you for dropping out of the economic discussion and getting into something you’re familiar with, btw.

Seriously though, you’ve been gone a while and I hope you’re not abandoning the opportunity, but let me know if you need my help. Say, have you ever read Pratchett’s “I Shall Wear Midnight”? It’s getting late, but I’ll check back in the morning to see. It’s a neat story.

Regardless, I mean that about helping you. There is no shame in it, and I doubt too many posters and lurkers will think less of you for needing me to step in.

If you can’t manage, just say the word.

rogerb on October 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Hell, everyone hates me somewhere along the spectrum.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Not in this spectrum. We luvs ya. Always will.

predator on October 14, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Hell, everyone hates me somewhere along the spectrum.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

No. Not everyone.

Not me.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Hell, everyone hates me somewhere along the spectrum.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

No we do not!!..:)

PS..Good evening!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Marry me? LOL..I tease..
I’d have to go to NY for that..aint happening. ;)
I will stand with you anytime anywhere mama.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

+100 That was most excellent. Very well stated

AZfederalist on October 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM

…yeah g d GrannyDee…that was good!

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Any way you cut it the Obama administration is pathetic.

If they knew about it they are liars, which I know they are already,

If they did not know about it then they are incompetent ignorant fools.

So either way this administration is a failure.

RockyJ. on October 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM

+100 That was most excellent. Very well stated

AZfederalist on October 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I am truly humbled by your kind words, AZ.

Thank you.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I have reached the point where if someone accuses me of being a racist because I refuse to kiss Obama’s ring, I come back with, “so what if I am. Can you tell me how my being a racist contributed to above 8% unemployment for the past 4 years? Or 4 trillion dollars added to our deficit since he took office? Or a ‘kinetic military action in Libya’?”

Shuts ‘em right up.

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM

You should see my niece and nephew, their mom looks as white as my brother and me, but those two little darlings look almost as dark as their mother grandfather, who is Meso-American Indian/Mexican. If you go to my blog and clink the gravatar on the left side, you’ll see my cutie-pie niece…

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

…yeah g d GrannyDee…that was good!

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Thanks, Kool. Guess the old granny still as a few sparks left in her. :)

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Let me rephrase..I am hated by some along all lines.
I am controversial for many reasons.
But for Ric here last night bi4ching..I found just like anywhere..
good and bad. I love my HA pals here. I met so many wonderful people..
I wish everyone could see it. Not all cons are the stereotype painted.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

you’ll see my cutie-pie niece…

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Yep, she’s a cutie. … and it looks like her uncle is training her as someone not to be trifled with. Said this before on another blog, it looks like she is having the time of her life in that photo.

AZfederalist on October 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Hell, everyone hates me somewhere along the spectrum.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

btw, I have family members who are gay and I know the crap they get thrown at them because of it, so no, I don’t hate you.

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Shuts ‘em right up.

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Yes, they over used it when not true..doesnt even mean anything anymore.
I dont care anymore either..call me whatever you want..rolls right off my back. I know the truth..so whatever. So do you Flora. Let them wallow.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM

AZfederalist on October 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Oh she is and she usually has 3 inch grouping at 200 yards… That is one 12 year old girl you do not want drawing down on you…

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM

If you can’t manage, just say the word.

rogerb on October 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

…dude…I love you!…and I don’t mean in a geh way…

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

OMG, she is soooooo cute, so precious. I would welcome her into my heart any day.

Thnx for sharing, SW.

Hey, everybody, go to SW’s blog. He’s got some great articles.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Hell, everyone hates me somewhere along the spectrum.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Those with hate have no souls. Those without souls are no one, they are nothing, like driftwood in a sea of tears. Rejoice in their misery.

TXUS on October 14, 2012 at 1:40 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Meh, I don’t know about great, I’m just a dumb ole redneck used to be rock star from Southern California. Not like I actually have any braincells left that still work… ;p

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:40 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Oh shucks, does this mean I can’t hit on B9 any more??? :(

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

so no, I don’t hate you.

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I know..we had our moment one lovely night.
Its fine..life. I understand it. I typically stay off those threads..they always end up the same..no reason. Know this..the left hates me more..I am a betrayer. Glad I have been in a 10 year relationship with someone “reasonable”- If I had to date now..good luck.
I have been treated like sh*t by my “own” if you will.
Here..different.
But my *own” is here..just a small difference. :)
Thx though Flora. When are you, me and Cindy gonna have lunch?

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Oh shucks, does this mean I can’t hit on B9 any more??? :(

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

LOL, I am rusty..have you been? haha..thx. :)

You know..Sparky has been neglecting me..you could be my HA BF :)
lol

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

LOL, I am rusty..have you been? haha..thx. :)

You know..Sparky has been neglecting me..you could be my HA BF :)
lol

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

ROTFLMAO… I’m a Redneck former Rock Star from Southern California, I hit on all the ladies, it’s what I do best… Well that and strike out miserably… o_O

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

….*whispers”…(I love you!…fluke the rest of them!)(:->)

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Thanks, Kool. Guess the old granny still as a few sparks left in her. :)

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Girl..your a fire cracker! :)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Hell, I would hit on Tammy Bruce, well except she has a bigger gun than me and scares the bejesus out of me… :O

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:48 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Marry me? LOL..I tease..
I’d have to go to NY for that..aint happening. ;)
I will stand with you anytime anywhere mama.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM

You are so funny, B9.

Marry you? Welllll, first we’d have to figure out what to do with my husband. Then again, if we took off while while the Super Bowl, March Madness, or the World Series are on TV, he wouldn’t even notice I was missing.

(You think I’m kidding? Ha! Little do you know! I’ve told all our friends and family members that if I die before my husband and if any of the above sporting events are being broadcast, to be sure someone comes to get him. Otherwise, he might not show up for my funeral.)

Always remember: Mi casa es su casa.

Someday I’ll tell you the story about my bestest ever friend who was gay. We were closer than sisters. Sadly, she passed away 10 days after her 39th birthday many, many years ago.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Your always downing yourself..I hope its a tease. I dont think your dumb at at..and I met plenty smart redneck too.:)
Well nice..you hit on everyone..so I aint special. ;)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Reading that post makes me want to tell you something, so here goes. I’ve always liked you because of your wit, and your open minded positions on politics as a gay woman. You remind me of Tammy Bruce. *I hope that’s a compliment* And one thing I’ve always thought about Tammy is she is one of the most courageous women I’ve ever heard of. I consider you right in her league. I’m privileged to have made your acquaintance and I sincerely hope we can meet in person one fine day.

Yoo da bestest.

predator on October 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM

so I aint special. ;)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

All womenz are special in my book, the world would be exceptionally boring without them.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM

The Benghazi attack was the fault of GOP budget cutters, paraphrasing S. Cutter.

Which budget is she talking about?

Our embassy in France has a Marine defense contingent, paraphrasing Paul Ryan. The embassy in Vienna was given new Chevy Volts, along with an armed defense coterie.

On what basis was the Benghazi consulate left undefended, and without Chevy Volts?

Akzed on October 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Clearly the Administration had a political interest in making the Benghazi attack appear to be part of the protests spreading over the video. (Incidentally, the video was played on Egyptian state-controlled TV, so Morsi’s government approved the instigation – the video was two months old and hadn’t been noticed before).

There is no particular benefit to Hillary unless it was all her fault – BUT in that case it would have only made sense for Obama to throw her under the bus by just letting the truth come out. His fingerprints wouldn’t have been on it, it would have been public pressure against her. So that can’t be it either.

The behavior, especially in sticking to the lie for days and even having Rice go on all the Sunday shows spouting it, and Obama mentioning it again two weeks after the attack at the UN, only makes sense if it is Obama who needed the diversion for political reasons.

No other explanation adds up.

Adjoran on October 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Well nice..you hit on everyone..so I aint special. ;)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Meh, just self deprecating humor, besides nobody ever believe you on the internet if you claim to be a genius with an IQ of 163… :P

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Hey, B9, I just got to thinking. If anybody around here gives you a hard time for being gay and conservative (Oh Noes…not both!!!)then you let me and Flora Duh know about it.

We’re both tough grannies, and we’ll beat the c*ap out anyone.

This is for you.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

….*whispers”…(I love you!…fluke the rest of them!)(:->)

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Thanks Kool. XO. Loves u too. To all..it shouldn’t matter..but it was surprising the kindness. I hope Liberals read this..this is what I’m talking about.
But..there will be a time..you will be pounced on for it by some. Thanks for standing up for what you believe popular or not.

Good Lord..I have been actually serious tonight..A rare side.
Where is my Jackie? I think the liquor threw her under the table LOL.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

You know..Sparky has been neglecting me..you could be my HA BF :)
lol

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM

OK, your right I have been taking you for granted. I’ve been busy working on my DIRe detector machine so we can sell it and have a nice life on the ocean in our boat.

So I promise a date night this week. Something special, like a truck and tractor pull followed by WWF wrestling.

Hows that sound?

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I hope Liberals read this..

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Meh, never underestimate the hypocrisy of liberals, they’ll just claim either we have adopted you as a pet token gay or were just using you for political gain.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Where is my Jackie? bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

“You’re not my Jackie.
My Jackie was the best.”

Akzed on October 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:59 AM

You’re probably right, SW. That’s another thing that just infuriates me about Lefties. They can’t get it through their thick skulls that conservatives are kind and thoughtful just for the sake of being kind and thoughtful. No ulterior motives. Nothing to gain. Just to do it, because it’s the right and decent thing to do.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

predator on October 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I dont follow her but know of her..
Thx Pred..God Y’all are making me almost cry.
Thank you. I actually- no..some wont believe it but shy..all this attention is nice but odd and I dont like to be the center of attention.
Libfree..struck a cord though..I guess I wanted to share my experience here.
Race, sexual O-whatever..cons are not evil..as they see it.
Proud to call many of you my friends..and would stand with you anytime or where.

PS..now a troll will call me a puss or something..okay then. :)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:59 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Perhaps it’s because they are not at peace with themselves and therefore cannot accept that other people might genuinely be live and let live folks. I don’t thrive on hatred and do not want my life filled with hatred. If you are different than me, it’s no big deal as long as you aren’t hating on me or trying to control my every thought and action or trying to kill me. Just don’t try and tell me what I should think or what I am allowed to believe damn it. Then believe it or not we’ll be ok.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Belly full of booze and spaghetti spells beddy-bye time. Later all.

xoxoxo, b9

Keep the faith, baby.

predator on October 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Oh I know..but I am true me here everyday like it or not..I have no sock. I would stand in public with you if need be.
Maybe someone will read it and it will matter..maybe not. I don’t care. I am just me-and this is my life. Even my place on a blog..
Now, as much as I appreciate it..lets move on from sexual matters. :)
It isnt my identity-although some make it that. Queen professor lit me up.
He insults me more then the random comments here. Cause he should know better!

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Belly full of booze and spaghetti spells beddy-bye time. Later all.

xoxoxo, b9

Keep the faith, baby.

predator on October 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Hmm spaghetti..later handsome. Sweet dreams.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:18 AM

B9, go back and read the comments I left you at 1:49 ane 1:59.

You’ll laugh. I promise.

In the meantime, I’m taking the dog out. Poor thing has been so patiently waiting.

I shall return.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM

It isnt my identity-although some make it that. Queen professor lit me up.
He insults me more then the random comments here. Cause he should know better!

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:16 AM

There are a lot of things he should know better than, but doesn’t seem to. I can respect that he put in the hard work to obtain a PhD, I have a B.F.A and know how damned hard earning that was. But he insists on being a horses ass so often.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Hows that sound?

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM

LOL-you smooth talker you. You know I could never leave ya.
I dont even know what a truck tractor pull is-And I dont like WWF.lol
Lets go mud bogging in my Jeep, grill a sweet steak, and watch..HitMan. :)
Then sunrise breakfast on the beach. Better?

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Lets go mud bogging in my Jeep, grill a sweet steak, and watch..HitMan. :)
Then sunrise breakfast on the beach. Better?

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM

ROTFLMAO… That’s the exact same thing only in a different part of the country… ;p

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I, for one, can’t wait to see what working class and middle class voters will do once Mitt Romney first announces that middle class families will have to get rid of their home interest or student loan deduction. I predict that it will not go well.

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

What I’m worried about is that Romney will announce the end of subsidies to Big Bird. That might cause rioting among Berkeley and Harvard faculty members, and where will we all be then?

Bricks might be thrown in anger and innocent squirrels could get hurt.

I guess you’re right. Let’s double down and bankrupt the country. At least no squirrels will get hurt, and that’s what’s important, isn’t it?

Burke on October 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I have a BA in Crim Justice. I have worked with many an “educated” type many degrees and titles. At the end of the day..I applaud that..it doesn’t give one common sense or social skills tough..which are vital to succeed.
I make more $ then those with big degrees and titles..Doesn’t make you “smart”. In an all around since. It doesn’t impress me much..like BO.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Hell, everyone hates me somewhere along the spectrum.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I’m sure I do, but I hate EVERYBODY . . . . . . so you’re in the best of company. . : )

listens2glenn on October 14, 2012 at 2:33 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:26 AM

If you recall..born and half raised in Cali. :)
Ever been to Bakersfield? lol
Thats like Oklahoma..

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Burke on October 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Guess it all depends on how much you like squirrels.

Me? I’ve always found they were a bit too tough and stringy for my taste.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:36 AM

listens2glenn on October 14, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I am an equal opportunity hater myself. lol..all good beck listener.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:36 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Sigh, I admit that I get a little touchy about my degree, it’s in music and you wouldn’t believe how many people think that since it’s just music that it somehow isn’t a “REAL” degree. I changed my degree half way through (who didn’t?) I started out as a physic’s major and the damned degree in music turned out to be harder (ended up taking me 5 years instead of 4).

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Ever been to Bakersfield? lol
Thats like Oklahoma..

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Are you kidding? I’m a dragster enthusiast, (actually building one with a partner of mine, 62 Comet) Formosa drag strip is like my Mecca… ;)

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:40 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I read both and smiled. Thank you. :)

Dittoz back..if a gay militant comes at ya..they shall meet their maker.;)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:40 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM

That’s because many people are ignorant, lazy, or both.

Learning about music, playing music, getting a degree in music is hard work.

Heck, if it were as simple as pounding on a tin can, we’d all have degrees in music.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM

it’s just music that it somehow isn’t a “REAL” degree.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I get that. But..you know it is. All that matters.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:46 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM

That’s because many people are ignorant, lazy, or both.

Learning about music, playing music, getting a degree in music is hard work.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Yet it’s amazing how many otherwise intelligent people think getting a degree in music equals sitting around listening to the radio/youtube all day. I carried a 31 unit per semester load and earned a 3.97 GPA while doing it and it wasn’t listening to the radio all damned day. I was in class 8 hours a day 5 days a week and had a part time job to boot.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:47 AM

The world would be a far better place without Obama. And even much more closer to perfect without liberals.

Liam on October 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM

LOL Granny..I cant even bang an oatmeal box.
I believe people have different talents and natural gifts.
We are are not the same. What makes the world go round.
I wanted to join the Coast Guard..but a physical condition stopped me. I followed my passion..then I fell into insurance. Life is funny that way.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I get that. But..you know it is. All that matters.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:46 AM

You remind me of something my husband said to me 20-something years ago.

I was all “boo hoo” about the tragedy du jour of the day (before I knew better about how rotten some people could really be) and hubby said to me, “Don’t worry about it. You (meaning me) know the truth. I (meaning hubby) know the truth. And God knows the truth. That’s all that matters.”

You would like my husband, B9, and I know he would like you. How so? Because he likes and admires strong women like you.

Afterall, he married me, didn’t he?

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Afterall, he married me, didn’t he?

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM

ROTFLMAO… You probably tricked him with your sneaky wily womany ways… ;p

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:52 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM

ROTFLMAO… You probably tricked him with your sneaky wily womany ways… ;p

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:52 AM

I know how you womenz are… ;)

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:53 AM

And even much more closer to perfect without liberals.

Liam on October 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM

The utopia you dream for aint gonna happen. You have kids? Grand kids? Would you abort knowing they would be liberal? Sorry, I just find some statements here unusual and not adding up at times.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:54 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:47 AM

My son got a duel degree in architecture and business, and I know how hard he worked. Long hours at school, plus his part time job, so I know what you’re talking about.

I so admire anyone who can stick it out like you did, SW. Congratulations!

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:55 AM

ROTFLMAO… You probably tricked him with your sneaky wily womany ways… ;p

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Shhhh. Don’t tell him. You know the old line, “He chased me until I let him catch me.”

After 23 years of marriage this past September, what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.

We have one grand daughter who looks just like me. So you just know I’ll be teaching her all my secrets some day.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Afterall, he married me, didn’t he?

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM

This isnt the one you divorced right? LOL.

Thx for the compliment..you can thank my mom. :)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM

But, here’s what I don’t respect. Anyone who thinks they can say “you’re a lousy 12% of the population.” In saying that you do not merely insult me, but also my friends, loved ones, family members and a whole lot of other black people who you simply know nothing about. Remember how you felt when being called a “bitter clinger,” exactly. Your contempt for the vast majority of black people not named Herman Cain is the kind of thinking I have *zero* interest in being close to socially. Or even geographically. It, quite literally, damages my spirit.

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I never say anything I don’t mean. When I say you’re a lousy 12% of the population, I mean exactly that.

Why the hell should we kowtow to a lousy tiny minority of the country that REFUSES to assimilate (see Jayson Williams of the Dallas Mavericks some years back)?

If I were black, I would thank my lucky stars that my ancestors paid the price so that I may grow up in the free-est land in the history of the world. Hell, I’m second generation American and I thank God that my grandfather left Sweden when he did.

And I frankly AM sick and tired of blacks having more rights than I do. I have a book an inch thick full of government ‘handouts’ that I do not qualify for simply because I am neither black, female or gay.
Not that I want handouts, but it makes me sick that my tax dollars go to crap like that simply because of guilty liberal whitey.

I can assure you, the ‘bitter clinger’ statement affected me not in the least. I considered the source – the poor downtrodden black man (obama, who was hardly downtrodden, nor someone who actually cares about, nor considers himself ‘black’, unless it’s in front of the Hampton College student body) and gave it all the consideration it deserved.

Someone mentioned Jennifer Carrol, a woman whom I voted for several times because she considers herself to be American, not black.

Stop hiding behind your lousy skin tone, libdie. Time to become an American.

Some ask me if I’m proud to be American. My response usually is, “Not proud, just glad”.

Lanceman on October 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Did I pinch a nerve there in you?

Who said anything about abortion except you? Really–where the hell did that come from?

Liam on October 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM

This isnt the one you divorced right? LOL.

Thx for the compliment..you can thank my mom. :)

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:59 AM

O.M.G. No. A thousand times no. (((shudders)))

Good for your mom. I applaud her wisdom and yours, too.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Lets go mud bogging in my Jeep, grill a sweet steak, and watch..HitMan. :)
Then sunrise breakfast on the beach. Better?

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM

That’s way better Hun. Can’t wait.

Opps I forgot to mention I took the battery out of the Jeep to power my DIRe location radar screen thingy. UPS will be here with the power supply I need in about two weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Did I pinch a nerve there in you?

Liam on October 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Actually I have a pinched nerve..heh
No-just a question. You say it a lot I notice..the world would be better off with liberals among other things. This is over time. How do you propose to stop it? You border sometimes with me..but thats just me. Over do it..better phrase. The lib slayer.

Now..its 3 am my time..I would so love to talk about this..heh..but I dont care.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Liam on October 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Even if you could wave a magic wand and do away with every liberal, it wouldn’t matter. Mankind would find another group of people to hate, whether it be for political reasons, the color of their skin, their nationality or creed.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Now..its 3 am my time.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Holy crap! It’s 3am MY time too!

Lanceman on October 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 3:07 AM

My Sahara is right outside my door..dont be taking any batteries now. :)

Night all..I am toast.
A pleasure Granny Dee..
Even you Walker. :P

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Now..its 3 am my time.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Holy crap! It’s 3am MY time too!

Lanceman on October 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM

No. It’s MY time. Not YOUR time.

So there.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM

So, what you’re saying is what I’ve said for years – if there’s two men alive on earth, there will be prejudice.

There’s a funny riff that Emo Phillips does about Catholics that ends with one Catholic calling the other “HERETIC!”

Lanceman on October 14, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Nite, B9.

I’m outta here, too.

Nite to SW, nite to the Lanceman, nite to everyone else.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Me too.

Lanceman on October 14, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Lanceman on October 14, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Hold that thought, Lanceman, for discussion another day. I’ve got to get to bed before my head hits the keyboard.

Take care.

GrannyDee on October 14, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Mmmmmmmmm, Chips Ahoy…

Gohawgs on October 14, 2012 at 3:20 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 3:12 AM

It’s 3AM here, too. I have all night.

Yes, I think the world would be a better place without liberals.

There is no solution to the problem of them without violating the laws of God and the United States. So, I’m stuck.

Liberals know that, and take advantage of the situation. Fair enough–free speech and all.

There is never going to be a Utopia. Only liberals dream of such a thing. And they think they can get it, but it involves theft–with which they’re perfectly okay.

Shoot me. I don’t try to steal from my neighbor.

Liberals do.

Liam on October 14, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I’m winning!!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 14, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I’m winning!!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 14, 2012 at 3:26 AM

The problem with winning the rat race is… That at the end of the race, you’re still just a rat… o_O

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM

lolz..:)

Dire Straits on October 14, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Smooth

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 3:38 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Unless I’m mistaken, the guy who sang those vocals didn’t get credit on the album. Winning!

novaculus on October 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM

a love supreme

novaculus on October 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM

novaculus on October 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Wouldn’t be the first time that happened.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 3:46 AM

SWalker

…I played a trumpet for ten years…instead of reading the music as E G B D F or whatever… and pressing down the proper valves…I read the music as 1st and 2nd valve…2nd valve…1st valve…1st and 3rd valve…etc…(but I was good!)
I had a sociology degree…I can’t express myself in words like others…have the capacity to form the logic and express my views so eloquently. So like others I should just lurk…because others have said what I was thinking a heck of a lot better!
Naaaaaaaah…fluke it!
I’m such a dumbazz…it took me until 2 months ago to realize that the “colored names” (no! turdfree nothing racial)…lead to other sh!t! (where do you people find the time?)
Your music degree did you fine!
The smartest guy I’ve ever met never got past the 8th grade and was 30 years my senior…and you have no idea how many PHDs I’ve met that except in their field of study…can’t carry on a conversation…let alone tie their shoes in the morning!

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 3:47 AM

yeah. Still trying to figure out who was the “Juke Box Phantom” on Kottke’s Mudlark.

Monkey Lust

novaculus on October 14, 2012 at 3:50 AM

(where do you people find the time?)

KOOLAID2 on October 14, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Time is a relative concept, or so some smart-Alec named Einstein used to claim… ;p

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 3:52 AM