Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

There are two possibilities. Either the intelligence community had a detailed picture of what happened in Benghazi that night and failed to share it with other administration officials and the White House. Or the intelligence community provided that detailed intelligence picture to others in the administration, and Obama, Biden, Clinton, Susan Rice, and others ignored and manipulated the intelligence to tell a politically convenient—but highly inaccurate—story.

If it’s the former, DNI James Clapper should be fired. If it’s the latter, what happened in Benghazi—and what happened afterwards—will go down as one of the worst scandals in recent memory.

It seems far more likely that it’s the latter. After all, is it conceivable that White House officials at the highest levels were not actively engaged in interagency meetings to determine what happened in Benghazi? Is it conceivable that intelligence officials, knowing there was no evidence at all of a link between the film and Benghazi, would fail to tell the president and his colleagues that their claims were unfounded? Is it conceivable that somehow the latest intelligence on the 9/11 attacks was left out of Obama’s intelligence briefings in the days after 9/11? It would have been a priority for every professional at the CIA, the State Department, and the National Security Council to discover exactly what happened in Benghazi as soon as possible. Is it conceivable that the information wasn’t passed to the most senior figures in the administration?

No, it’s really not. And therefore, the fact that these senior figures misled us—and still mislead us—is a scandal of the first order.

***

The administration desperately needs a scapegoat to keep this scandal as far from the White House as possible. And that is why I think that, beyond Biden’s fact-challenged statements, the more consequential thing he did last night was to try to make the intelligence community (IC) the scapegoat (and I am not the only one who picked up on this). Based on this interview with Obama’s deputy campaign manager, the fingering of the IC appears to be a deliberate, coordinated strategy by the politicos — and it is very risky.

First, as numerous fact-checkers have already pointed out, the administration did not merely go with whatever the IC told them. They went with whatever was the most politically useful story at the time. The Obama campaign keeps complaining about how Romney-Ryan have politicized this issue, but in fact the Obama campaign has played this as a political issue from the very start.

Second, the IC can fight back. Frustration has been mounting for years within the IC over the way the administration has politicized intelligence. At some point, that frustration could bubble over into retaliatory leaks and damaging revelations.

***

Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden has joined the chorus of GOP voices slamming Vice President Biden’s comments on the White House’s inconsistent explanation of the Sept. 11 assault on the American Consulate in Libya…

“It is clear that any failure was not on the part of the intelligence community, but on the part of White House decision-makers who should have listened to, and acted on, available intelligence,” Hayden said in a joint statement with former Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff issued Friday.

“Blaming those who put their lives on the line is not the kind of leadership this country needs,” Hayden added.

***

It sure looks like Vice President Joe Biden put the blame on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, his potential 2016 rival, for the security failings Benghazi. “We weren’t told they wanted more security,” Biden declared. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney backed Biden up, saying it’s a State Department (i.e. Hillary) issue.

Will Hillary now retaliate and protect herself by leaking word that the White House did too know? Will her husband continue to tour the country trying to pull Obama’s bacon out of the fire (as he did at the convention) even as Obama points a finger at his wife? Will they all cut some sort of deal in which Hillary agrees to take the fall and Bill soldiers on … in exchange for, what? Have they already cut a deal? Is the White House going to try to hang its hat on the idea that Obama and Biden didn’t know, but maybe their staffs knew? Will that really fly? Aren’t they responsible for their staffs? Will the staffs fight back?

***

To “politicize” means “to give a political character to.” It is a reductive term, capturing the peculiarly shrunken horizons of politics: “Gee, they nuked Israel. D’you think that will hurt us in Florida?” So media outlets fret that Benghazi could be “bad” for Obama — by which they mean he might be hitting the six-figure lecture circuit four years ahead of schedule. But for Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods, it’s real bad. They’re dead, over, gonesville. Given that Obama and Secretary Clinton refer to Stevens pneumatically as “Chris,” as if they’ve known him since third grade, why would they dishonor the sacrifice of their close personal friend by peddling an utterly false narrative as to why he died? You want “politicization”? Secretary Clinton linked the YouTube video to the murder of her colleagues even as the four caskets lay alongside her at Andrews Air Force Base — even though she had known for days that it had nothing to do with it. It’s weird enough that politicians now give campaign speeches to returning coffins. But to conscript your “friend”’s corpse as a straight man for some third-rate electoral opportunism is surely as shriveled and worthless as “politicization” gets…

In the days before the attack Joe Biden had been peddling his Obama campaign slogan that “bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.” The first successful terrorist attack on U.S. sovereign territory since 9/11, and on the very anniversary and by al-Qaeda-linked killers, was not helpful to the Obama team. And so the nature of the event had to be “politicized”: Look, over there — an Islamophobic movie! “Greater love hath no man than this,” quoth the president at Chris Stevens’ coffin, “that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Smaller love hath no man than Obama’s, than to lay down his “friend” for a couple of points in Ohio.

***

***

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9 10

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Thanks for the memory refresh.

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM

The PPP poll in Ohio oversampled democrats and has a MOE of 3.3 and included the anomalous and likely ACORN/SIEU orchestrated early voting scam.

bayview on October 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

The poll is a huge lie…
First Romney is winning independents by 5% and yet losing this poll… why? Because according to this joke poll Obama is winning 12% of Republicans in Ohio…

Second they claim that 19% of those who they polled have already voted and Obama is winning 76% to 24% … Romney is leading 51% to 45% among those who have not voted… The huge lie here is that 19% of the voters have not yet voted, it is more like 7% of the voters have already voted via absentee or in person vote according to Ohio board of elections… So if you re-calculate the poll based on 7% only who have already voted then Romney is 49% to Obama 47%…

The other huge lie is that there is no way that Obama can win early voters by 76% to 24% because in 2012 so far the absentee ballots requests are 29.9% Democrats (huge drop from 2008) 23.3% Republicans ( an increase from 2008) and 46.8% Independents… If Romney is winning the independents by 5% according this very bogus PPP polls how can he lose the early votes by such a huge margin when according to the absentee ballot records for 2012 46.8% are independents? The answer is very simple, it is an extremely bogus poll…

mnjg on October 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Ha! Your true colors (so to speak) are showing. Where you the guy at the Romney rally today wearing the “put the white back in the White House?”

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

There yo go again.

My ‘true’ colors were that of a man whose FIRST choice WAS Herman Cain.

As far as I was concerned, a true businessman who made it on his own all while not being a squishy moderate.

Romney was my LAST choice.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Please explain to us how you grow something “from the middle out”…
I’ll help you out…you can’t…

Strike Hornet on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Growing something “from the middle out” only works in pregnant or menopausal women.

At least that’s been my experience.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Did someone say hey to Scrumpy?

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I did. We had cucumber sammiches and talked about Trollitics.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Please explain to us how you grow something “from the middle out”…
I’ll help you out…you can’t…

Strike Hornet on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You don’t. It’s mindless claptrap designed to appeal to dolts who continually vote democrat.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

My middle’s been grow out for some time now.
Should I get re-educated?

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Good night GG & Jvette!

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Me teasing. I have no desire to ever go either. I havent seen states I want to see..one day.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I have family up there, did lots of growing up along that river. I get to tease them too.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Other posters aren’t necessarily engaging your topic because you’ve stumped them.

rogerb on October 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM

WELL DONE! I think I’m going to print and keep your list–it is an instant classic.

Good night, all! See you tomorrow.

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM

A Whiter Shade of Pale – Procol Harum

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Nope, that would have been the democrat operative sent there to stand in front of the photographers to create the false meme of racism. Look around him, everybody else is wearing coats. This was nothing more than standard democrat dirty tricks.

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM

BOOM!!!

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I can only add … (BOOM)Chuckalucka !!

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Read rogerb’s post.
Then read it again.
Then keep reading it, until you understand it.
Then prove to us that you understand it.
Until then, you’re not ready to roll with us.

Trying to engage with you is like trying to explain Einstein to a sloth.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Good night, all! See you tomorrow.

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Good night, herm. See ya next time.

*Free Illinois from Chicago!*

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM

At least that’s been my experience.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

That made me spit out my coffee ROFLMAO.

Nikkia…YEP!!! changed channel already…

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Romney was my LAST choice.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Romney was my is your LAST choice hope.

I feel your pain, but not despair.
Maybe I’m naive, but I do believe Romney is a good man and will be better than all we hoped.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I sense a conspiracy here…women attempting to take over Hot Gas.

I got one thing to say about that…Hallelujah!

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Sorry, coz, last I checked I wasn’t a woman, and how I know for sure is that women can always figure us guys out and we haven’t a clue about them. And little-TXUS has made that life mystery even harder to solve, thus complicating everything. ;-)

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

‘ONE word’ :Stacy Dash

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

bazil9, for you.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Thx! I love her..she is awesome..
I have seen her interviews to..funny,classy,smart,sexy- just a great lady.
Her work to encourage people to get their GED and education as well.
Her life story..she is inspiring..and just straight up.
I have all her CD’s too. It really fits into my mainly glam, rock and metal collection. lol. I started liking country in my 30′s. I have a small collection of country. I am picky though.
Miranda Lambert is my other fave..whew doggie! lol

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Reposting some observations about that PPP poll from another thread:

That new PPP poll in Ohio: Women voters say that Biden won the VP debate by a 50-37 margin. If you believe that, I’ve got an Elizabeth Warren buffalo skin to sell ya!

TarheelBen on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

More about the PPP poll: Women appear to be oversampled 53-47.
The D/R/I is 40/36/24. Romney is winning Independents by 50-45 and it looks like they have undersampled Independents.

TarheelBen on October 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM

TarheelBen on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I haven’t read all the comments here so I don’t know if anyone else shared this yet (from the Benghazi thread in Headlines). This is quite an informative interview. It’s about 25 minutes or so, but well worth the time to listen.

Listen to the linked radio interview from a post made a FR.

Direct link to interview:
Col. David Hunt explains how at least 12 command centers got near INSTANTANEOUS info when the Benghazi consulate was attacked, including a manned WH situation room. Hundreds of government personnel listened/watched for 6 hours in real time as the attack ensued. Hunt says it is standard operating procedure when an embassy is attacked.

WH gave no military order to intervene.

They knew almost immediately that there was NO protest, NO mob-— just a surgical jihad operation viewed instantaneously in real time by governmental operations centers all over the world, including CIA, Dept of State and WH situation room, for over 6 hours.

In short, everyone knew, almost immediately, what happened in Benghazi was an act of war.

onlineanalyst on October 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM

lynncgb on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

And another thing, libdie. I, and everyone here could probably attest to this, would hang out with you!

I don’t give a rat’s ass about your color or orientation or any of that crap.

I suspect you and I could have many beers and much fun arguing.

You’re not a bad person. Just wrong.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

My middle’s been grow out for some time now.
Should I get re-educated?

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I have that problem as well butI don’t need any education for it; just dietary discipline.

listens2glenn on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Debka -

Shortly after Nasrallah spoke, the US Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan managed to break through VP Joe Biden’s interruptions to reveal the stark fact that Iran already possesses enough fissile material to make five nuclear bombs. The cat was finally out of the bag after years in which American and Israeli leaders contrived to keep this secret dark by verbal acrobatics and blinding showers of impenetrable “facts and figures.”

It was no slip of the tongue: Mitt Romney’s running mate was briefed by the team which is preparing the candidate himself for his second debate against President Barack Obama next Tuesday, Oct. 16.

Washington sources disclose that the team is headed by the former US ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, who is slated for the job of National Security Adviser if Romney wins the Nov. 6 election.

VorDaj on October 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Poor poor RRS’s. Late to the Mitt-collective assimilation party. Milk and cookies are on the table along the far wall. No alcohol, no caffeine…enjoy.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I feel your pain, but not despair.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

He can’t disappoint me because I don’t expect too much from him. If obamacare is not repealed, we are done.

And I know two things – obama will never repeal. Romney might.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Miranda Lambert is my other fave..whew doggie! lol

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Two women I work with are also big ML fans. They are also NASCAR devotees and have collector cars. One has a GTO, and the other has two Mustangs. The Mustang owner has won some prizes at car shows with hers.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

LOL..shall I suggest the book about men are are from mars..Women from Venus..or whatever its called?
lol..men are easy..I actaully prefer to work with men. In my field. Men are just kinda straight up..women can be complicated. I have a ball with the men on my dad’s boat. Men are just fairly simple..a good thing. :)

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

You “saw” that last part of my post but you didn’t see the first two parts — especially the part where I pointed out you did’t make a substantive argument. Yet you then turn around & decry why anyone doesn’t have the “guts” to argue substance with you. So I repeat what was in the part of my post you obviously didn’t see: what you’ve written is not a substantive argument and in fact proves you couldn’t recognize a substantive argument; therefore, it does not require a substantive response.

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

lynncgb on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

thanks I’ll mark it for tomorrow. It’s more than obvious that this is a cluster*ark and they are trying to cover it up until….after the election.

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM

And, a Getty photographer just happened to find this guy in that huge crowd. Imagine that. And, in the photo, it’s so obvious that the Romney/Ryan logo thing was a sticker, applied on top of the vile statement to make the shirt appear to be sanctioned by the campaign.

That said, this is mild as compared to what I expect we see as Obama’s numbers continue to tank.

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM

My middle’s been grow out for some time now.
Should I get re-educated?

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

listens2glenn on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Same here. But my attitude is, “it took me 60 years to grow this SOB, and I’m keeping it. ;)

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Obama lied
People died
Biden laughed

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM

— Mark Steyn

That Mark Steyn doesn’t have a one hour show on Fox is a national travesty.

Schadenfreude on October 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Please explain to us how you grow something “from the middle out”…
I’ll help you out…you can’t…

Strike Hornet on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

…oh oh!…wrong thing to ask that one!…that’s all he’s here for!…his little thing just grows from the middle out when he gets on here!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Would some news source please investigate Tom Donilon so we can break this Benghazi story wide open…

mjbrooks3 on October 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Talk about overqualified. Shouldn’t a guy with his credentials be President of an Arabian Horse Association or something?

Kenosha Kid on October 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The guy was a democrat. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. This is a typical gutter-level act by a desperate, failing campaign. It falls under what Michelle Malkin termed the “Glaringly obvious lack of subtlety.” How can you possibly support a party who sends people to its opponents’ campaign rallies in a shirt like that? How?! So now the folks at Romney rallies will have to start carrying signs like THIS again, to let everyone know that the racist skinheads at their rallies are from the Obama campaign. You guys are scum. Fortunately, most people know that now.

Rational Thought on October 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

listens2glenn on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Were you here last night?
Missed all the talk about garlic, anchovies, butter…yum?
At least tonight hot peppers have kept the calories to a minimum!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Think of a game or sport that you enjoy and are pretty good at. One-pocket, spades, Uno, etc. The particulars don’t matter. Now think of how excruciating it is to play that game with someone who
1) is just starting to learn,
2) barely understands how to play,
3) wants to do well and is overly-confident in their ability, to the point of taunting other players by saying things like “does no one have the guts” to play him, but
4) isn’t willing to practice,
5) shows no natural ability, and
6) you aren’t related to or love in any particular way.

To which I would add
7) Continually ignores the good advice and information provided him by experienced players

Which applies to the following from you:

But which leaves us, again, with a comparison. Which set of policies. Why will Romney convince the wealthy to invest their money *when they do not need to in order to earn massive profit.* You refuse to answer this because you know there is no answer.

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

This has been explained to you and on this blog in general hundreds of times, yet you choose to ignore the solutions because they don’t fit within your statist paradigm.

As a short refresher:
1) Reign in the EPA and all of the rule making being done that is outside of the power vested in them by Congress. The rules being made have convinced investors not to make investments because of the uncertainty of future rules and the costs that make such investments to risky for good returns.
2) Get rid of Obamacare. Rules and regulations are still being written. Businesses are not hiring or investing because the uncertainty of the regulations and costs makes it too risky to take on new employees.
3) Get rid of the lawless obama administration. It has usurped its constitutional powers. For example, it has continued with its permitorium on offshore drilling despite judicial decisions ruling said permitorium illegal and ordering that permits be issued. Investors can’t invest when they can’t get permits
4) Open up federal lands for oil exploration again. If the federal government can fast-track permits for solar plants on federal land, then oil drilling should be a no-brainer; it has a much smaller footprint. Again, the failure to issue permits for federal lands prevents investors from hiring people and producing energy.
5) Again, get rid of the lawless obama administration. It’s treatment of bondholders in the GM takeover by abrogating contract and bankruptcy law in favor of the unions will give pause to any investors looking to invest in a business.

This has been hashed over multiple times. The fact you choose to skip over these solutions and ignore them is not our problem so don’t tell us that we have not provided means and mechanisms that would restore prosperity and get investors to put their money where it will produce jobs.

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Sorry, it was what you were writing that sparked the response. Not what I thought you were. Besides, you remind me of TXmom and momofTXmom, and TXrancher and all the other Texas women folk who put TX in their handle.

What is it with you Texans and putting TX in your handles?

Its almost as y’all think Texas is special, or sumthin’.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Were you one of those at the Dem convention with the button “Once you vote black, you’ll never go back”? And they were no false flag attendees.

Mitsouko on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Obama lied
People died
Biden laughed

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Nice job
———-

Obama couldn’t wake up
Biden could’t shut up
“The country is truly plucked” (Levin)

Schadenfreude on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Love Mark Steyn

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

No prob.
:) Your my average small business client. The office admin woman is the benefit contact..and handles it usually..besides payroll and HR duties and taxes, accounts receivable, new hires, terms, and much more.
and all the HR laws and everything else..its a full time job. But you have to learn it on your own..while you get it just thrown in your lap. Without guidance..just chaos and confusion everywhere.
I help my clients and update them on all new laws and regs..how to handle them, stay in compliance and give them resources. My role is much more then just “selling”. But..they now have reduced our commissions and we are taking on more as consultants.

Another fun little ditty..the MLR rebate..80/20 rule. Yeah was nice..but when clients received a rebate check..they didn’t know what to do with it..Govt screwed that up to. I wasn’t involved as it is a financial matter with tax consequences and the DOL not the DOI. I was told I could not advise but tell clients to contact their accountant or financial lawyer…hahaha..well the funny thing? The DOL who is in charge of this did had vague guidelines on how to handle it..neither did the accountants or lawyers know what to advice…a mess. So-the are in fear of doing the wrong thing and a penalty or consequence..have the $ sitting there. Right now..no one knows what the hell is going on.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

You’re so right, B9. The office admin woman is typically the gal who gets it all dumped in her lap, while she’s scrambling from one reg/rule to the other. Fortunately for me, (a) I work for my son, mostly from my home and (b) I am one of those rare people who truly enjoys working with numbers, tax returns, etc., and figuring out all the craziness of the systems that are in place.

As to the MLR rebate, I am not at all surprised that it’s so screwed up. The horror stories I could share about dealing with incompetent federal bureaucrats would curl your hair. It’s a wonder some of them can find their way to and from work each day.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Dumpy obviously has a death wish.

I hope you flattened him/her/it with a sucker punch to the kidneys.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Here’s how it went down.

Must be really embarrassing to get your a*s handed to you over and over – by a girl.

Flora Duh on October 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Women shouldn’t even be voting, so why waste time going back and forth with some nag.

gumbyandpokey on October 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Bless your little cowardly heart.

Flora Duh on October 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Which then set him off on one of his, “oh yeah, if you’re so big and brave, let’s bet” rants.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

That Mark Steyn doesn’t have a one hour show on Fox is a national travesty.

Schadenfreude on October 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

That Fox doesn’t have a competitor for our demo is a bigger travesty.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

That Mark Steyn doesn’t have a one hour show on Fox is a national travesty.

Schadenfreude on October 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

This +1000.

Hell, put him in place of BOR.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

He wants to bet or make deals when he’s getting whacked. He’s like the Black Knight.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

TXUS is a guy but Lanceman has a thing for Tom Selleck, so who knows these days.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Synchronicity II by The Police HD with lyrics

Shout out to ManlyGash, the puss* who has returned to us after a promise of banishment four years ago. You suck, dude.

the new aesthetic on October 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

He’s like the Black Knight.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

The black knight could fight better.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

That Fox doesn’t have a competitor for our demo is a bigger travesty.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Yeah. Newsmax or Newsbusters type of network. Hold their feet to the fire a little more.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

What is it with you Texans and putting TX in your handles?

Its almost as y’all think Texas is special, or sumthin’.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

What can I say? Texas is awesome!

txhsmom on October 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

The black knight could fight better.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

LOL, apologies to the Black Knight!

22044 on October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I think he will be good, but I also think the Tea Party and other conservatives are going to have to be vigilant and hold his feet to the fire to keep him from drifting left. Conservatism isn’t his natural inclination.

However, I have been very impressed with much of what he has been saying lately, particularly regarding economic recovery approaches.

AZfederalist on October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

That gumbigot is quite the Neanderthal.

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Nite All

CoffeeLover on October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Its almost as y’all think Texas is special, or sumthin’.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

With your permission TXUS

OTTO on October 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I tease my left over fam members from Cali. I gotcha.
Your a Texas guy now yes?

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM

LOL-I will remember that..tuning 40 soon..got me a pooch starting. I built that damn it! lol Woud BO and Michelle give me credit? Sure they would..cause I is bad..
My Grandfather who smoked,drank, ate steak and cursed like a sailor (although life long AF)..lived a long fairly healthy life..my other one..the lib uptight one..bad health,thin and acquired chronic illnesses. I am my Grandpa #1. Besides..only the good die young..I am to evil to be put down..I will be here a long time..I know it. lol

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Texas is awesome!

txhsmom on October 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Says a Texan. What kind of objectivity is that?

Texas has desert, and snakes, rugged individualists. Texas…bah!

cozmo on October 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

You’re not a bad person. Just wrong.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

How condescending. Until your earlier comment I also genuinely enjoyed you. Believe it or not I can hang out with just about anyone, regardless of their political orientation. I’m precisely the person who, on an airplane, will sit next to a conservative and congenially debate for the entire flight.

But, here’s what I don’t respect. Anyone who thinks they can say “you’re a lousy 12% of the population.” In saying that you do not merely insult me, but also my friends, loved ones, family members and a whole lot of other black people who you simply know nothing about. Remember how you felt when being called a “bitter clinger,” exactly. Your contempt for the vast majority of black people not named Herman Cain is the kind of thinking I have *zero* interest in being close to socially. Or even geographically. It, quite literally, damages my spirit.

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

You guys are scum. Fortunately, most people know that now.

Rational Thought on October 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

This makes scum indignant.

Schadenfreude on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

LOL! I know..so many TX handles..I forget who the hell is who.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Replying to a gay professor who wrote his doctoral dissertation on how the ” The Evil White honky cracker is the evilest thing in history” probably isn’t going to do any good. Racists like libfreeordie see racism everywhere, it’s what they do, especially when they earn their living accusing everyone else of it.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

OTTO on October 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Ya’ did that wrong.

cozmo on October 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

AZfederalist on October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Assuming he gets elected…
He will probably lead as a conservative, but more from pragmatism than out of principle. His appointments will be telling. He has claimed that he would issue orders to repeal Obamacare & reinstate the Mexico City policy, and hopefully he’ll follow through with those.

22044 on October 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

AZfederalist on October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Somebody’s gotta hold the Etch-a-Sketch and draw the picture.

OTTO on October 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Because men are so simple and women are so complicated, B9, actually is the conundrum, and a delightful one … from time to time. But, show me a man who has even an inkling of an idea of how a woman thinks or what she really wants, and I’ll show you a guy who’s given to musicals and shopping and gerbils.

TXUS on October 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

That gumbigot is quite the Neanderthal.

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

We should sic 4Grace and her vegetables on him.

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Your a Texas guy now yes?

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

What sane person would ever admit to bein’ a Texan?

cozmo on October 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Ya’ did that wrong.

cozmo on October 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

A Brit?

OTTO on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Hi Schad, the vid you posted was powerful.

The one that talked about Barry and partial birth abortion.

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Night herm!

Dark Star on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Seriously! How soon until the MADNESS stops?

athenadelphi on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

LOL

Strike Hornet on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

LOL! I couldn’t have said it better. Tell me my habits will be my undoing, and I’ll still be here when they put you in the ground. Then I’ll go have a steak and a drink and salute the life I’m still living. :D

predator on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

A Brit?

OTTO on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

And he does a mighty fine job with that.

cozmo on October 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

It, quite literally, damages my spirit.

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Oh, boo-hoo. You’re all the time calling people who disagree with you racist, and YOU’RE the one with the hurt feelings. Perfect illustration of the democrat party.

Rational Thought on October 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Scanners indicate Dire will be here on page number Nebraska.

Wait that can’t be right.

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM

That Mark Steyn doesn’t have a one hour show on Fox is a national travesty.

Schadenfreude on October 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

This +1000.

Hell, put him in place of BOR.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Fully concur.

However, I’d take *anyone* in place of BOR — even Oprah because at least she is the “original” unlike the cheap imitation of her BOR’s been doing.

Dark Star on October 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

LOL

Strike Hornet on October 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM

My comment would be funny, except that it’s actually true, which makes it genuinely sad.

SWalker on October 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Bob Marley – Jammin’

the new aesthetic on October 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Dark Star on October 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM

PS — seriously, with that “Tip of the Day” cr*p BOR started — I swear, one day it was to buy good quality shoes & how to polish them. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot — what was I watching “Hints from Heloise?”

Dark Star on October 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Try being called a racist for 5 years simply because you don’t agree with someone’s political ideology, then come back and talk to us.

Guess what professor, I didn’t agree with Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton’s political ideology either – didn’t vote for either one of them.

Did that make me a racist?

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM

That Mark Steyn doesn’t have a one hour show on Fox is a national travesty.

Schadenfreude on October 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

This +1000.

Hell, put him in place of BOR.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Amen Pred.
I cannot stand BillO. Pompous wind bag.

Steyn had impressed me many times..he isnt a wind sock.
He is one I can listen to or read and find it valuable.
Hell, I enjoy Greta more then BillO.
I have a libertarian side..I liked Judge nap at times..I even like Pat Buchanan at times. I dont agree with everything but they at make very good points and I find value. I use to read Pat B..been a while.

Bill O-I find nothing of interest. He irritates me. He is his own pin head.

bazil9 on October 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Old/busted:

Straight men need to get it together.

libfreeordie on June 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

New hotness:

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

rogerb on October 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Flora Duh on October 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Hehe. I almost feel sorry for the Clay Wad and his poney.

SparkPlug on October 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

It, quite literally, damages my spirit.

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Rub some dirt on it.

Christien on October 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

With all due respect, I’m calling bull on what you said. You have no interest in engaging folks with respect here but just like to argue and try to score with your hacktacular and empty talking points, and you have no idea how the world works.
You need to stop the buffoonery and learn how to be an adult. In other words, pretty much like the vice president.

22044 on October 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

And why isn’t Hot Air reporting on this?

Al-Arabiya newspaper reported Hezbollah’s CFO defected to Israel today with millions in stolen money from Iran. The 29 year-old Hussein Fahs also took with him classified documents and maps.

What? Isn’t this stuff important? Come on! It could be one of the questions BigBird deflects to Romney this week in the debates with the moderators help.

athenadelphi on October 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

libfreeordie on October 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

No sane person will say ” “you’re a lousy 12% of the population.” I have not read the 500 comments and hope that no one said this.

Now that you spilled your guts, I’ll tell you what I find most disgusting about you, or others like you here. Aside from art discussions, most all your comments are made from or through the spectrum of race.

I don’t care. You can be of any color, creed, belief, life-style. I don’t hate Obama for his hue. I hate him for his Utopian leftism. I hate that he made it in life based on hue alone. He not once crated a job. Never. I hate that he considers all who disagree with him racists or inferior.

Make what you wish of it. If you wish to dialogue on varying beliefs, we can spar good, and without malice. If you wish to mope about this or that color it all loses the meaning of equality, from 1001 perspectives.

One thing’s for sure – Obama will have set race relations in the US back by about 30 years. It is very regrettable. He said he’d be the president of all the people but he made no effort to be so. He has practically campagined for his re-election for 4 years. He will lose because he accomplished nothing of what he promised. He didn’t promise Obama’care’ and he got it. Meh.

Btw, I think I saw you years ago on C-Span.

Schadenfreude on October 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Talk about insane delusions:

Obama: If people read transcript, they’ll think I won last debate

mnjg on October 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Okay, WTH??? I’m watching TV and see the “Big Bird” ad for the first time. I had to rewind 3 times because I can’t believe this is a real political ad! I am tuned to SNL so I assumed it was a skit. Apparently not. Seriously, are those people going off the rails or what?

I’ve heard of the Big Bird ad but never bothered to click on any of the links to actually watch it. I pretty much steer clear of all their BS and just read about it instead. Their desperation is delicious.

Nikkia2112 on October 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Assuming he gets elected…

22044 on October 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I’m confident he’s going to reinstate the Mexico City rule but technically he can only issue waivers to the states on Obamacare — Congress is going to have to repeal it.

Overall, I’m with AZFederalist — I think he’s going to do a good job, especially if he’s got a good Congress to work with.

Dark Star on October 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

22044 on October 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Excellent, ’44! Insightful and well said.

thatsafactjack on October 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Straight men need to get it together.

libfreeordie on June 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

rogerb on October 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

You gotta’ be sh*tn’ with that.

No way a lib can be so bigoted.

cozmo on October 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

What is it with you Texans and putting TX in your handles?

Its almost as y’all think Texas is special, or sumthin’.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

No, not special at all, just descendants of the only nation that decided to lower itself to join the USA as but one of its states, the biggest mistake my countrymen ever made. Had we stayed a free republic, the USA would be governed a lot more like Texas today than the East/West coast cabal has done over the last 100 years.

TXUS on October 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

TXUS on October 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

This sums it up quite well. *it’s long, so you might want to check it out when you have more time*

predator on October 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

22044 on October 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM
OTTO on October 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

That’s what our downticket’s all about, and their are plenty out ther to be had !
:-)