Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

There are two possibilities. Either the intelligence community had a detailed picture of what happened in Benghazi that night and failed to share it with other administration officials and the White House. Or the intelligence community provided that detailed intelligence picture to others in the administration, and Obama, Biden, Clinton, Susan Rice, and others ignored and manipulated the intelligence to tell a politically convenient—but highly inaccurate—story.

If it’s the former, DNI James Clapper should be fired. If it’s the latter, what happened in Benghazi—and what happened afterwards—will go down as one of the worst scandals in recent memory.

It seems far more likely that it’s the latter. After all, is it conceivable that White House officials at the highest levels were not actively engaged in interagency meetings to determine what happened in Benghazi? Is it conceivable that intelligence officials, knowing there was no evidence at all of a link between the film and Benghazi, would fail to tell the president and his colleagues that their claims were unfounded? Is it conceivable that somehow the latest intelligence on the 9/11 attacks was left out of Obama’s intelligence briefings in the days after 9/11? It would have been a priority for every professional at the CIA, the State Department, and the National Security Council to discover exactly what happened in Benghazi as soon as possible. Is it conceivable that the information wasn’t passed to the most senior figures in the administration?

No, it’s really not. And therefore, the fact that these senior figures misled us—and still mislead us—is a scandal of the first order.

***

The administration desperately needs a scapegoat to keep this scandal as far from the White House as possible. And that is why I think that, beyond Biden’s fact-challenged statements, the more consequential thing he did last night was to try to make the intelligence community (IC) the scapegoat (and I am not the only one who picked up on this). Based on this interview with Obama’s deputy campaign manager, the fingering of the IC appears to be a deliberate, coordinated strategy by the politicos — and it is very risky.

First, as numerous fact-checkers have already pointed out, the administration did not merely go with whatever the IC told them. They went with whatever was the most politically useful story at the time. The Obama campaign keeps complaining about how Romney-Ryan have politicized this issue, but in fact the Obama campaign has played this as a political issue from the very start.

Second, the IC can fight back. Frustration has been mounting for years within the IC over the way the administration has politicized intelligence. At some point, that frustration could bubble over into retaliatory leaks and damaging revelations.

***

Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden has joined the chorus of GOP voices slamming Vice President Biden’s comments on the White House’s inconsistent explanation of the Sept. 11 assault on the American Consulate in Libya…

“It is clear that any failure was not on the part of the intelligence community, but on the part of White House decision-makers who should have listened to, and acted on, available intelligence,” Hayden said in a joint statement with former Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff issued Friday.

“Blaming those who put their lives on the line is not the kind of leadership this country needs,” Hayden added.

***

It sure looks like Vice President Joe Biden put the blame on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, his potential 2016 rival, for the security failings Benghazi. “We weren’t told they wanted more security,” Biden declared. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney backed Biden up, saying it’s a State Department (i.e. Hillary) issue.

Will Hillary now retaliate and protect herself by leaking word that the White House did too know? Will her husband continue to tour the country trying to pull Obama’s bacon out of the fire (as he did at the convention) even as Obama points a finger at his wife? Will they all cut some sort of deal in which Hillary agrees to take the fall and Bill soldiers on … in exchange for, what? Have they already cut a deal? Is the White House going to try to hang its hat on the idea that Obama and Biden didn’t know, but maybe their staffs knew? Will that really fly? Aren’t they responsible for their staffs? Will the staffs fight back?

***

To “politicize” means “to give a political character to.” It is a reductive term, capturing the peculiarly shrunken horizons of politics: “Gee, they nuked Israel. D’you think that will hurt us in Florida?” So media outlets fret that Benghazi could be “bad” for Obama — by which they mean he might be hitting the six-figure lecture circuit four years ahead of schedule. But for Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods, it’s real bad. They’re dead, over, gonesville. Given that Obama and Secretary Clinton refer to Stevens pneumatically as “Chris,” as if they’ve known him since third grade, why would they dishonor the sacrifice of their close personal friend by peddling an utterly false narrative as to why he died? You want “politicization”? Secretary Clinton linked the YouTube video to the murder of her colleagues even as the four caskets lay alongside her at Andrews Air Force Base — even though she had known for days that it had nothing to do with it. It’s weird enough that politicians now give campaign speeches to returning coffins. But to conscript your “friend”’s corpse as a straight man for some third-rate electoral opportunism is surely as shriveled and worthless as “politicization” gets…

In the days before the attack Joe Biden had been peddling his Obama campaign slogan that “bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.” The first successful terrorist attack on U.S. sovereign territory since 9/11, and on the very anniversary and by al-Qaeda-linked killers, was not helpful to the Obama team. And so the nature of the event had to be “politicized”: Look, over there — an Islamophobic movie! “Greater love hath no man than this,” quoth the president at Chris Stevens’ coffin, “that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Smaller love hath no man than Obama’s, than to lay down his “friend” for a couple of points in Ohio.

***

***

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8 10

I used to be 22204 – but that was a very long time ago.

shaloma on October 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Indeed! Grow up here?

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

So theotherone is a big Palin fan plus he/she can deliver a stinging smackdown.

Oh, I’m getting giddy just thinking about the possibility.

Here fishy, fishy, fishy.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Jvette, sometimes I even have to paste the comment I wanted to respond to, into my comment box, then scroll back up to it, JUST TO GET BACK TO MY ORIGINAL THOUGHT, because I get distracted by the following comments !! These guys are that good !!!
(or I should set down the vino, not sure which … ;-)

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Good tip and yes they are that good and that fast.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Listen to yourself. You’re still living in a fantasy land. You are under the impression that Mitt Romney has anything to offer you on any of those issues.

Look, I hate to tell this to you, but trickle down economics is being proven wrong as we speak. libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Listen to yourself. I hate to tell you this, but there is no such thing as “trickle down economics” — the fact that you use that left-wing canard shows you know absolutely nothing about economic theories & should refrain from pretending you can assess what Mitt Romney can offer anyone.

Furthermore, just FYI — that old angry white guy y’all cheer on as “Lunch Bucket Joe” used to be known as Credit Card Joe during his 34 years in the Senate before becoming Obama’s VP & magically transforming into some “Middle Class Warrior” — and the only thing he ever did for the middle class is scr*w them over royally as author of the 2005 Bankruptcy Reform Act in favor of the lenders for whom he *actually* works in the great state of MBNA.

I mean, y’all are just so easily fooled by what people *say* they are instead of what their actual records *prove* they are, I could almost pity you if you didn’t have the unmitigated gall to turn around & tell *us* how “wrong” we are about those same people. We’re the ones living in Realville, my friend.

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Here fishy, fishy, fishy.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Heh. I was just thinkin’ – I kinna wish that gilled idiot was here so Flora could beat the sh!t outta it.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Otto, look this way ———-> Over here (waving both hands in the air).

I know what 22044 means and for the right price, I’ll tell you.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM

You’re trying to start a bidding war, aren’t you?

predator on October 13, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I’ll jump into the fray!

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I think she left.
Back when I was just reading because I didn’t have a registration, it seemed that she was the most persistent, shall we say, contrarian.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

thanks, she/he was the one that caught my eye when I was only looking in and couldn’t post!

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Obama lives off that meme, and I’m afraid that this townhall coming up is only going to produce another pony tailed guy that will try to corner Romney into looking like an uncaring jackass like they tried with Bush 1.

Sorry, random thought.

Stray Cat on October 13, 2012 at 10:37 PM

That’s one of my concerns as well. You know that the Obama campaign is going to salt that debate with whining sadsacks who need somebody to hold their hand just to get down to breakfast in the morning and who could never do without their government benefits.

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

These guys are that good !!!
(or I should set down the vino, not sure which … ;-)

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Good tip and yes they are that good and that fast.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

No they ain’t. Most are just sock puppets fluffin’ spending quality time exercising their fingers…alone.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It’s been a joy to have you here and I know I do not speak alone in that regard. Your comments are quite thoughtful and often fun.

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

And to Jvette, welcome, stick around, I for one greatly enjoy your presence.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Oh I will…..In the last week or so, I sneaked into Bishop’s place as first in the QOTD and posted a couple of songs.

I am addicted now.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

is Crr6 still around?

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

She self banned at the beginning of the year. Didn’t feel she was getting anywhere with us Neanderthals.

chemman on October 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I’ll jump into the fray!

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM
*sigh, and I thought I had this all to myself* Ok. Somebody call the auctioneer.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Good tip and yes they are that good and that fast.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Dual monitors can help.
I’m working on a netbook with an 11 inch screen so sometimes I feel “inadequate”.
;)

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM

theotherone on October 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

…I was energized when Palin was picked in ’08 and liked her…I didn’t love her until they released all the emails from her office and I began to learn the lady without the media filters….btw…have you seen the picture of Palin in the October 22 edition of People magazine?…hope she’s not having a problem…is she too fit?…or too thin?…she looks disturbingly too thin!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Oh I will…..In the last week or so, I sneaked into Bishop’s place… Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Oh no no no you didn’t.
Repent!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM

theotherone on October 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

The “executing gays” thing comes from the Sharia Law countries that if you dare criticize you are labeled “Islamphobic” because, ya know, the future must not belong to those who slander the “prophet” of Islam.

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I feel “inadequate”.
;)

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Oh man…the places I could go with that…

But, I kind of like you. Well, I dislike you less than some others…you have potential.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

It would be nice to have a tag team partner. :-)

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

No-they have an agenda. They hate us..they enjoy it for entertainment and to disrupt, derail, and bring you down/beat you down,divide, stoke racial/class fires ect….They take a creepy satisfaction from it.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

They can try all their tactics on me; won’t work.

I once knew someone like that over 20 years ago. He also thought he was very clever with his agenda and gave it his best shot for a couple years.

Around my home, he is referred to as “my ex-husband.”

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

chemman on October 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Harakiri?

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Has anyone seen 4grace lately? She hasn’t been here for some time now.

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I made a substantive argument, you responded with personal attacks. I think we all know what that means. Does no one have the guts to take on what I said on the substance? If we all do better when those at the top succeed, how do we explain why middle class wages and standard of living is going down? Corporate profits and investment firms have *tons* of money. Isn’t the argument for allowing them to accumulate so much that they are risk takers? So….wait, why aren’t they taking risks? How coddled or assured of making a proft each and every time do they have to do before they start letting some of that accumulated wealth out? Of course, maybe they figured out they can make a ton of money regardless of how Americans are actually doing. In which case, what interest do they have in hiring, or increasing wages?

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM

AMEN! AMEN, AND AMEN!! PREACH IT!!

This is our situation as well. I’ve mentioned before that my spouse’s company has had numerous layoffs and each person is doing the work of two or three…forced furloughs…cut back hours…no matched 401K…no more pension plan, it’s been frozen…no raises.

What’s even worse is what’s happening at my job at a a charitable non-profit. In this economy, people are cutting back what they donate and companies are not matching donations as much as previously. This means that not only do the employees of non-profits suffer (those who leave are not replaced and those still working have to take up the slack), but those who the non-profits are helping wind up losing out as well. For example, the non-profit where I work is more likely to cut costs in the administrative area rather than cut funds to the needy. It’s one of top reputable charities in the country.

This is something I don’t think libs understand. Private charities are suffering under this economy. Companies (eeevil corporations like Microsoft & Bank of America) often donate a lot of money and goods to charity. They cut back on doing that in bad economies, so poor people suffer. And frankly, private charities (especially religious ones) do a MUCH better job of distributing funds than the government does. Plus, with a private charity, you get to decide where your money goes. If you want to support the World Wildlife Fund or Peta or crisis pregnancy centers, you can. However, my tax dollars go to fund a lot of stuff (abortion, “safe sex” teaching in schools, having NASA teach Muslims how to feel good about themselves) I don’t agree with and can’t stop my money from going to.

theotherone on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Indeed! Grow up here?

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Dad was stationed in the area twice, so I spent more time there than anywhere else. I used to hang at a shopping center near you. But I hear it’s nothing like it used to be. Are you from there?

shaloma on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Again, thanks for your kind offer of assistance.

Bless you.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

No prob.
:) Your my average small business client. The office admin woman is the benefit contact..and handles it usually..besides payroll and HR duties and taxes, accounts receivable, new hires, terms, and much more.
and all the HR laws and everything else..its a full time job. But you have to learn it on your own..while you get it just thrown in your lap. Without guidance..just chaos and confusion everywhere.
I help my clients and update them on all new laws and regs..how to handle them, stay in compliance and give them resources. My role is much more then just “selling”. But..they now have reduced our commissions and we are taking on more as consultants.

Another fun little ditty..the MLR rebate..80/20 rule. Yeah was nice..but when clients received a rebate check..they didn’t know what to do with it..Govt screwed that up to. I wasn’t involved as it is a financial matter with tax consequences and the DOL not the DOI. I was told I could not advise but tell clients to contact their accountant or financial lawyer…hahaha..well the funny thing? The DOL who is in charge of this did had vague guidelines on how to handle it..neither did the accountants or lawyers know what to advice…a mess. So-the are in fear of doing the wrong thing and a penalty or consequence..have the $ sitting there. Right now..no one knows what the hell is going on.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM

That would have been nice. She whined about spinning her wheels and said she was spending more time a site more conducive to her way of thinking.

chemman on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

And you still don’t know what you’re talking about.
And you’ll never understand that.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Houston OFA office exposed in James O’Keefe sting video closed down

KPRC in Houston is reporting that the Organizing for America office in Houston was locked up Friday, two days after regional field director Stephanie Caballero was fired after being caught on video offering to assist a woman who wished to vote in both Texas and Florida.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Has anyone seen 4grace lately? She hasn’t been here for some time now.

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Here late last night..lady is just busy. Work and a momma. She is good.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Such praise!
I’m legit!
Couldn’t have done it without you!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Around my home, he is referred to as “my ex-husband.”

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

LOL! Good for you Granny..glad you gave him the boot.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Trickle down works just fine. When cronies aren’t involved.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I’d like to introduce you to something. Its called American politics. Is the argument for Romney that there won’t be cronies in his Administration? The wishcasting continues man.

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Does no one have the guts to take on what I said on the substance?
libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Okay, I’ll bite. The substance of your argument was so empty as to make cotton candy filling by comparison. Educate yourself on the facts before you make something out to be what it isn’t.

You would be better for it, and worthy of thoughtful rebuttal.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Did the other half buy it or did you read it at the Doctors office.

RickB on October 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

shaloma on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

It’s probably been developed a lot more. Fairfax County certainly has been.
I grew up in Montgomery Village and stayed in Maryland for several years after college. I eventually moved to Virginia to be closer to work and church. I like it here for now, but hope to retire somewhere else. I haven’t figured out where.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Oh no no no you didn’t.
Repent!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Did you say repent? *not enough tunes on QOTD lately*

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Good to hear, I like her. Maybe even cozmo likes her.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Oh no no no you didn’t.
Repent!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Oh I did, I did!

Axe warned me I might be in serious danger of a fatal, freak ski mobile accident if I didn’t. Considering I live in Vegas, it would have been freaky indeed.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Yeah drugs have finally kicked in – off to sleep.

Sweet dreams all

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Don’t let it go to your head, a simple thank you would have been tolerated.

Bowing before me and worshiping me forever is the proper way though.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

The wishcasting continues man.

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Man? And your wishing for..?

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

So theotherone is a big Palin fan plus he/she can deliver a stinging smackdown.

Oh, I’m getting giddy just thinking about the possibility.

Here fishy, fishy, fishy.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

No! No! Nononononono!

(Gulp) sorry, I have to go for the evening, got things to do. Really! Thank you for your confidence in me, but I reallygottogo. Bye now!

Goodnight, all, it’s been fun. :-)

theotherone on October 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

You are a treasure, B9. Always good to see you here.

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Why thank you TXUS. I appreciate that. :) Sorry-I have a nerve damage in my hand..slow to type and left for the store for a few..trying to read back now. Almost missed this.
Glad I add something here at times for you.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Don’t see enough of katy the mean old lady either.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Another in a long line of your fallacious argumenting but let’s play. So is that your argument for cronyism? So because you believe it is a given you support it?

CW on October 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Oh I did, I did!

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

All I got is snowshoes…BIG SNOWSHOES!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

She’ll probably be here around 8:00 AM. I can’t stay up late to wait for her, but knock yourself out!

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM

crr6 and getalife gave us the best lines ever.

Thank you, President Obama.

The adults are in charge.

INC on October 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Nite Gophergirl…feel better

Nite theotherone

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

The PPP poll in Ohio oversampled democrats and has a MOE of 3.3 and included the anomalous and likely ACORN/SIEU orchestrated early voting scam.

bayview on October 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Don’t see enough of katy the mean old lady either.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Glad I add something here at times for you.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I sense a conspiracy here…women attempting to take over Hot Gas.

I got one thing to say about that…Hallelujah!

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

K-I am all lost in this thread now…

Predator
-saw your reply-cant find it now..but Triple O’s and X’s to you.
Between Gretchen and you..I don’t write of Illinois. ;)
Its just Chicago the stains the state.
I could image sitting with you and Bmore..drinking a few..and having a wonderful time. Your a damn good guy. Glad I “met” you here.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Sweet dreams all

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Night gg. Get better soon.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM

chemman on October 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Didn’t she also make some claims that completely destroyed any credibility? I remember the phrase, “… and this will never come back to bite me”. IIRC, it centered around Fast & Furious

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Otto, have you figured out what 22044 means?

If not, three of us are ready to start a bidding war.

What’s your best offer?

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

theotherone on October 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I went back to work after 22 years as a stay at home mom in 2009 thinking that after the kids left the nest, my husband and I would finally be able to do the things we gave up to give our kids a stay at home parent.

Unfortunately, my husband’s job in the casino industry has lost a lot of income because tips are so down and what I make just manages to keep us where we were before.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Has anyone seen 4grace lately? She hasn’t been here for some time now.

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Here late last night..lady is just busy. Work and a momma. She is good.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Okay, good! Thank you : ). I worry when I don’t see our regulars, if too much time has passed. I always enjoy the comments, but don’t always add to them….so, when some of my favorites are missing, I worry. Yes, I am a mother! We worry!

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Its just Chicago the stains the state.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I take it you didn’t spend much time along the river. That big one that runs down the west side of the state.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

No! No! Nononononono!

Goodnight, all, it’s been fun. :-)

theotherone on October 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Ah, so you’re familiar with the gilled one I see.

Maybe another time then.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, and please, do contribute more often.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I got ZIP!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Hallelujah!

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

LOL, there are some damn fine ladies here. :)
Whats the old saying..behind every good man there’s a good woman?
We got a good team here. We got your backs boys. :)
Well..some of you..lol
Me anyways.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My brother never got over Virginia when we left. He ended up buying some land near Harrisonburg (which we didn’t live anywhere near, but it’s beautiful), built a house and retired there. I loved Virginia too, but I want to retire in Texas, somewhere outside of Houston.

What church do you go to? We went to a little Church near Glencarlyn that I couldn’t recommend to anyone now.

shaloma on October 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

gg, good nite, feel better soon.

I have to go too. Hubby just walked in and gee, he’s gonna want some food and attention, not necessarily in that order.

Will catch up with the second shift tomorrow morning.

Night

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Same here, b9. I can see me, you, and Bmore toasting good times in the track bar at Keeneland after a rousing day of horse racing, then heading in to Lexington for dinner and more of the same.

And meeting you (and Bmore) has been one of the greatest bonuses of becoming part of HA.

Bless you, girl.

P.S. Downstate needs to separate from Chicago.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Nailed it – well done!

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I got ZIP!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

C*ap

There goes my plans for your money.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I sense a conspiracy here…women attempting to take over Hot Gas.

I got one thing to say about that…Hallelujah!

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I guess you didn’t see the other day when dumpyandhokey told me I wasn’t worth conversing with because in his opinion, women shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

OH were we go…SNL is opening with a debate skit. Wonder how this is going to go?

Nikkia2112 on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

au contraire, mon ami — First, you did not make a substantive argument as you began by citing “trickle down economics” which is not an economic theory, but a left wing candard (which I pointed out). Now, if you expect me to make a substantive argument about Supply-Side Eonomics v. Keynesian Economics with someone who has already shown he doesn’t know basics like the actual names of economic theories, you’d be as wrong about me as you are about Romney and Obama. Second, my pointing out Joe Biden’s actual record as someone who has actually helped to enact policies that have greatly harmed the middle class by doing the bidding of his big money backers when you are claiming he & Obama are the ones who are helping the middle class isn’t a personal attack on you. Well, it does show how foolish you are to think Biden is some “middle class warrior,” but that’s just a fact, not a personal attack. Third, since you haven’t noticed, all Obama has given us is cheap money & no jobs while the mega-rich are getting richer. The fact that you can’t see the basic reality that the rich are sitting on their money, refusing to risk it in business investment/expansion/creation & think the way to solve that is by raising taxes (which, btw, in this kind of climate not even Keynesian economic theory would recommend) also shows trying to discuss economics with you is a waste of time & bandwidth.

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Didn’t she say something like that about Walker?

And also about the cool names for our fake scandals?

There are a few around here who’ve got this in archives.

INC on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

It would be nice to have a tag team partner. :-)

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

No, I will speak around it, not to it.

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

No kidding. But I would rather an accomplished man rather than an unaccomplished black man, elected by virtue of his skin color be in charge.

Everything obama has touched has turned to sh!t wheter you choose to see it or not. From Solyndra on to Libya.

The man has done absolutely nothing his entire, coddled life. He was no ‘professor’ and you know it.

If he actually was an editor of HLR, why was he the only one in history with no papers published.

Why did he and his loudmouthed, whitey-hating wife surrender their ‘law’ licenses?

Why has he spent millions keeping his school records under wraps?

You worry about Romney’s tax returns when you know full well that logic dictates if he were cheating, he’d be either in jail or under investigation by the IRS.

Get your color out of your eyes, libdie. You’re a lousy 12% of the population and frankly, you’ve been given more attention than you deserve.

Don’t blame me for you and yours putting all your eggs into this empty-suit unaccomplished basket simply because he can read a teleprompter.

You could have supported a virtuous black man. His name was Herman Cain. But to you, he’s an Uncle Tom. Any black that strays from the plantation is an Uncle Tom.

Tell me, do you ever tire of being treated like sh!t by a party that takes you for granted? The party of slavery? The party of Jim Crow? The party of Bull Connor? Do you?

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

shaloma on October 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

McLean Bible, but I don’t go there as much as I used to.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I got ZIP!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Ahhh. You’re close.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Remember when canopher was gone for a few days because he was offline? There was real concern for him and that’s what makes this site so great.

Really, you are all the best.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:23 PM

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Mr Coz…I have been to 25 states..not Ill. So-I dont have personal experience nor the river. I love Gretchen Wilson (as Pred knows) and him. :)
Me teasing. I have no desire to ever go either. I havent seen states I want to see..one day.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I like your train of thought.
Maybe lfod needs to listen to Bishop Jackson.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I like her too but she hit me in the head with a onion and even more dangerous veggies.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM

God bless, see you soon.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

P.S. Downstate needs to separate from Chicago.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

As long as you include south of I-80 in your “downstate” definition : )))))
Please?

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

BOOM!!!

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Awesome!
You missed my Red Nightmare for the dems:

Reality stirred me
My angel had heard me
The prayer had been answered
A reprieve has been granted
The dream was now broken
Thought rudely awoken
Really safe and sound

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

bazil9, for you.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Did the other half buy it or did you read it at the Doctors office.

RickB on October 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

…the bride calls it her “poop magazine” !
We discontinued TIME, NEWSWEEK, and US News & World Report …years ago…but that’s all the mindless shows which most people watch on TV…she scans for 15 minutes in a magazine every week. My wife is thinking Palin is stressing at the inattention!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Nikkia2112 on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I just turned it on. Thanks for reminding me. I don’t remember what year I stopped watching the alphabet networks…but I am curious how they handle it.

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Please explain to us how you grow something “from the middle out”…
I’ll help you out…you can’t…

Strike Hornet on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Nailed it – well done!

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I got big hammer!
My aim…not so much

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Wow. Ibanez does it again. Tigers can’t close the door! :(

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

“… and this will never come back to bite me” was in reference to her prediction that Kloppy would win the election for the judicial seat in WI.

Her comment on Fast and Furious was that we come up with some really cool names for our fake scandals.

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Whats the old saying..behind every good man there’s a good woman?

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You won’t hear that from me. I prefer the view direction when y’all lead.

Remember though, when I say (I don’t yell, spooks the quarry) duck, don’t think, just do.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

All I got is “Change”

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Really, you are all the best.

Jvette on October 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Yes, I was worried then, too! I wish Aslan’sgirl were still here. She had some thoughtful insights.

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Does no one have the guts to take on what I said on the substance?… Isn’t the argument for allowing them to accumulate so much that they are risk takers?…

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Helpful hint:

Think of a game or sport that you enjoy and are pretty good at. One-pocket, spades, Uno, etc. The particulars don’t matter. Now think of how excruciating it is to play that game with someone who
1) is just starting to learn,
2) barely understands how to play,
3) wants to do well and is overly-confident in their ability, to the point of taunting other players by saying things like “does no one have the guts” to play him, but
4) isn’t willing to practice,
5) shows no natural ability, and
6) you aren’t related to or love in any particular way.

Other posters aren’t necessarily engaging your topic because you’ve stumped them.

rogerb on October 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Libfreeordie..

Try THIS.

And share.

Your race and sexuality really cloud your vision.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I see it. And for the record, agree that the Democrats are just as much to blame for all of this. If you want me to admit that the Democrats have been active handmaidens in the construction of an economy that screws over most Americans you have no problem from me.

But which leaves us, again, with a comparison. Which set of policies. Why will Romney convince the wealthy to invest their money *when they do not need to in order to earn massive profit.* You refuse to answer this because you know there is no answer.

Ha! Your true colors (so to speak) are showing. Where you the guy at the Romney rally today wearing the “put the white back in the White House?”

libfreeordie on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Dumpy obviously has a death wish.

I hope you flattened him/her/it with a sucker punch to the kidneys.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Please explain to us how you grow something “from the middle out”…
I’ll help you out…you can’t…

Strike Hornet on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You don’t. It’s mindless claptrap designed to appeal to dolts who continually vote democrat.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Reason number whatever why libs are stupid.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM

As long as you include south of I-80 in your “downstate” definition : )))))
Please?

herm2416 on October 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I’ve suggested this very thing here before, and that is the border line I’ve always promoted. Let the north deal with Chicago.

Or rein it in.

I’m in east central, and I can do without “the windy” for evermore.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Fire Jimmy now!…He is going to let Fister lose this game!…the old fart is too loyal to past performances! Dumb sh!t Jim!
Papa comes to the mound with the score 4-0…9th inning…BOOM 4-4!
Papa F’up 2 games in a row!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Wow, that skit was weak. I quit watching it years ago but set my Tivo to record it during election season. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for decent comics these days. They did just as I suspected, made Paul look like the dummy and Biden the “cool guy.” Gag.

Nikkia2112 on October 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM