Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

There are two possibilities. Either the intelligence community had a detailed picture of what happened in Benghazi that night and failed to share it with other administration officials and the White House. Or the intelligence community provided that detailed intelligence picture to others in the administration, and Obama, Biden, Clinton, Susan Rice, and others ignored and manipulated the intelligence to tell a politically convenient—but highly inaccurate—story.

If it’s the former, DNI James Clapper should be fired. If it’s the latter, what happened in Benghazi—and what happened afterwards—will go down as one of the worst scandals in recent memory.

It seems far more likely that it’s the latter. After all, is it conceivable that White House officials at the highest levels were not actively engaged in interagency meetings to determine what happened in Benghazi? Is it conceivable that intelligence officials, knowing there was no evidence at all of a link between the film and Benghazi, would fail to tell the president and his colleagues that their claims were unfounded? Is it conceivable that somehow the latest intelligence on the 9/11 attacks was left out of Obama’s intelligence briefings in the days after 9/11? It would have been a priority for every professional at the CIA, the State Department, and the National Security Council to discover exactly what happened in Benghazi as soon as possible. Is it conceivable that the information wasn’t passed to the most senior figures in the administration?

No, it’s really not. And therefore, the fact that these senior figures misled us—and still mislead us—is a scandal of the first order.

***

The administration desperately needs a scapegoat to keep this scandal as far from the White House as possible. And that is why I think that, beyond Biden’s fact-challenged statements, the more consequential thing he did last night was to try to make the intelligence community (IC) the scapegoat (and I am not the only one who picked up on this). Based on this interview with Obama’s deputy campaign manager, the fingering of the IC appears to be a deliberate, coordinated strategy by the politicos — and it is very risky.

First, as numerous fact-checkers have already pointed out, the administration did not merely go with whatever the IC told them. They went with whatever was the most politically useful story at the time. The Obama campaign keeps complaining about how Romney-Ryan have politicized this issue, but in fact the Obama campaign has played this as a political issue from the very start.

Second, the IC can fight back. Frustration has been mounting for years within the IC over the way the administration has politicized intelligence. At some point, that frustration could bubble over into retaliatory leaks and damaging revelations.

***

Former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden has joined the chorus of GOP voices slamming Vice President Biden’s comments on the White House’s inconsistent explanation of the Sept. 11 assault on the American Consulate in Libya…

“It is clear that any failure was not on the part of the intelligence community, but on the part of White House decision-makers who should have listened to, and acted on, available intelligence,” Hayden said in a joint statement with former Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff issued Friday.

“Blaming those who put their lives on the line is not the kind of leadership this country needs,” Hayden added.

***

It sure looks like Vice President Joe Biden put the blame on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, his potential 2016 rival, for the security failings Benghazi. “We weren’t told they wanted more security,” Biden declared. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney backed Biden up, saying it’s a State Department (i.e. Hillary) issue.

Will Hillary now retaliate and protect herself by leaking word that the White House did too know? Will her husband continue to tour the country trying to pull Obama’s bacon out of the fire (as he did at the convention) even as Obama points a finger at his wife? Will they all cut some sort of deal in which Hillary agrees to take the fall and Bill soldiers on … in exchange for, what? Have they already cut a deal? Is the White House going to try to hang its hat on the idea that Obama and Biden didn’t know, but maybe their staffs knew? Will that really fly? Aren’t they responsible for their staffs? Will the staffs fight back?

***

To “politicize” means “to give a political character to.” It is a reductive term, capturing the peculiarly shrunken horizons of politics: “Gee, they nuked Israel. D’you think that will hurt us in Florida?” So media outlets fret that Benghazi could be “bad” for Obama — by which they mean he might be hitting the six-figure lecture circuit four years ahead of schedule. But for Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods, it’s real bad. They’re dead, over, gonesville. Given that Obama and Secretary Clinton refer to Stevens pneumatically as “Chris,” as if they’ve known him since third grade, why would they dishonor the sacrifice of their close personal friend by peddling an utterly false narrative as to why he died? You want “politicization”? Secretary Clinton linked the YouTube video to the murder of her colleagues even as the four caskets lay alongside her at Andrews Air Force Base — even though she had known for days that it had nothing to do with it. It’s weird enough that politicians now give campaign speeches to returning coffins. But to conscript your “friend”’s corpse as a straight man for some third-rate electoral opportunism is surely as shriveled and worthless as “politicization” gets…

In the days before the attack Joe Biden had been peddling his Obama campaign slogan that “bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.” The first successful terrorist attack on U.S. sovereign territory since 9/11, and on the very anniversary and by al-Qaeda-linked killers, was not helpful to the Obama team. And so the nature of the event had to be “politicized”: Look, over there — an Islamophobic movie! “Greater love hath no man than this,” quoth the president at Chris Stevens’ coffin, “that a man lay down his life for his friends.” Smaller love hath no man than Obama’s, than to lay down his “friend” for a couple of points in Ohio.

***

***

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 10

Where are the calls for Impeachment?

There are none.

Steveangell on October 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Say you get Obama impeached, how are you going to get 67 votes in the Senate, especially if Harry Reid is the Majority Leader, to remove him?

You are assuming that Democrats are honourable and will go to him and tell him that he must resign as the Republicans did to Nixon. There are 6 reasons why this will not happen:

1. Obama is the first black POTUS and blacks will never forgive Democrats for tap-tapping their historic achievement.

2. The base may have enjoyed Chuckles Biden’s performance at the debate, but they do not want him anywhere near the nuclear codes. Most of the senior leadership isn’t even that insane.

3. Obama is the first black POTUS and blacks will never forgive Democrats for tap-tapping their historic achievement.

4. Chuckles is about to turn 70 and has already had 3 aneurysms plus he appears to be unstable, possibly manic-depressive or suffering some early signs of dementia. If he dies or becomes incapacitated, John Boehner could become POTUS if the VP was vacant.

5. Obama is the first black POTUS and blacks will never forgive Democrats for tap-tapping their historic achievement.

6. Democrats will never eat their own. They made up all sorts of excuses for Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal and his perjury, including feminist Gloria Steinem’s “One-Free-Grope” Rule and Nina Burleigh, who said “I would be happy to give him a blowjob just to thank him for keeping abortion legal. I think American women should be lining up with their presidential kneepads on to show their gratitude for keeping the theocracy off our backs.”

Resist We Much on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Well said, GG! I wish you a swift recovery!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

And then we had a robust American security presence inside the compound, including a strong component of regional security officers. But I’m not going to go any further than that on the specifics.

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Robust as an arugula salad.

Normally I’d bittch about a “wall ‘o text”, but you do provide so much great info.

Thanks canopfor.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

How you can keep spinning when Obama’s tanking is bizarre.

wargamer6 on October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

That’s the only way he gets paid.

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Ive been better..to be honest..but trying to be positive.
And you Friend?

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Sorry to hear that. I hope you’re only “down” because of the election and not something more personal. If I were closer, I’d come keep you company and bring ice cream. Yeah, I really would.

We’re okay here. Counting the few pennies we have after putting gas in the tank and a little (very little) food in the ‘frig. It seems every week is tougher than the week before. I (((shudder))) to think of what our country will be if O is re-elected.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Yep, and the PPP poll takes away that “story” and becomes the new momentum meme.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Why does there have to be a new momentum meme? What happened to 7.8%?

joejm65 on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

This nonsense is why I have to be here.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

gumbyandpokey:

You would be served better at the
Department of Security Services(DSS),or the WH!!

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Where has Brayam been?

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

That wasn’t him on TV Thursday night.

RickB on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

“f it’s nonsense, why is Jill Biden being sent to Minnesota to campaign there?”

Romney’s son came to Milwaukee. They send the “dud” surrogates to places that are closer than blowout levels, but not really in-play. As soon as Obama or Biden go to MN, then there’s something to talk about.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Thank-You Obama…………………………..

……….YOU FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Careful my man, when he’s done with this country, he’s coming for yours. And he’s coming in this.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

…wow!…and #68…WAS next!….that’s scary!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

To be fair, maybe hillary really did try to tell Jugears about this. But. because. she. was. talking. so. slow. Barry. didn’t. have. the. patience. to. listen.

AZfederalist on October 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

6. Democrats will never eat their own.
Resist We Much on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Not never.
The flesh has to be really rotten first.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Where has Brayam been?

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I think I saw him do a post n run earlier. I don’t remember where, though.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Good Grief, that’s a Republican poll.

This nonsense is why I have to be here.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

And exactly what is PPP? Oh let me guess is the most accurate polling company in the history of accurate polling companies.

bgibbs1000 on October 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I’ll be pleased enough with one great sigh of relief, and a good night’s sleep !!
(with only ONE eye open for the lame-duck session)

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

BTW, it looks like Biden did Obama a world of good with his debate performance. Ohio voters clearly thought he won.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

If I ever decide to try LSD, heroin, and meth, I’ll need the number of your dealer.

Resist We Much on October 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Illini fan?

Sorry that was brutal today.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Now, I’m drinking some very good, home made elderberry liqueur. It is 100 proof and extraordinarily tasty. You’ll forgive me if I get back to that not so guilty pleasure. :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Hope you understand I was just “funnin’” with ya, which I only do with people I like. Enjoy the wine, never had any of it, but it sounds sorta tasty and, at 100-proof, my kind of libation. ;-)

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

massrighty on October 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Yes, my profession is hell right now..
I work with small bussinesses mainly and their employer sponsored benefit plans. I also sell medicare supplements and advantage plans. I am on the ground..and I will tell you..it is one bad scene. I have had some yell at me outright about the Govt..been wild. As the time line rolls on for implementation-they are seeing and feeling it.
Yes..rates are soaring..I care about my clients..doing everything I can to help them..but I am running out of options.
They have also done another fun thing with the law..you cant sell an individual policy to a minor without a parent on it. Why? Because employer plans are guaranteed issue. Well hell..they always have been. But now..if you wanna cover your child..you have to put them on your employer plan..well the rate for that is oh..depending on my groups..average of $1000 a month premium. Instead of taking their healthy teen as we use to do and get them their own policy. Now..that aint an option.

Obama- your premiums will go down..Like hell! And when you dictate what all plans must cover for free-not even a damn co-pay- well..your gonna pay in a premium hike. Oh its free for that check up now and BC..but now you pay a higher premium. Smoke and mirrors. Thats just a tiny bit.. I could go on and on..so I will stop. :) I might have a stroke. lol

Yes your church friend and those are truly seeing what this is..

Ryan spoke the truth the other night..Joe lied.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Tigers 0, Yankees 0

Austin Jackson on 3rd
One out
Prince Fielder about to receive an IBB

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

You really are a stupid, stupid twit. Even libfree called your sorry ass out.

wargamer6 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Where are the calls for Impeachment?

There are none.

Steveangell on October 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Impeachment won’t be called for 4 weeks before a Presidential election. It will appear politically motivated, even if the cause is just. Impeachment is an option after the election (if Zero wins), but there won’t be votes in the Senate for it to happen.

joejm65 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

This nonsense is why I have to be here.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I think I speak for everybody on this board when I say – no you really don’t need to be here. We are just fine without you.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Well said, GG.

Now back up and run over Pokey Butt one more time for good measure.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Well said, GG! I wish you a swift recovery!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Thanks!

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Illini fan?

Sorry that was brutal today.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’m Illini. Yeah, I wonder if that’s predator’s team too.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Illini fan?

Sorry that was brutal today.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’m used to it by now. I didn’t even watch past the first quarter. We’re pathetic.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

…buddy!…I thought a troll would be #69… for a troll!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

It’s all over, you stupid, filthy ‘cons.

IPSO-FACTO/Righters/DDD/DKoz all have obama winning 93%-5% with an R + 6 jillion sample.

Face it, obama was never seriously challenged. Better luck in 2016, teabaggers!

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

This nonsense neurosis is why I have to be here.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Oh, c’mon, people…it’s my birthday and ths is a mournful topic that in turns saddens, irritates, horrifies, depresses and infuriates me. Please confine your comments to happy thoughts only, like puppies, rainbows, unicorns, and chocolate. Plus, gumby is a complete and utter moron that nobody should have to endure on her birthday.

Thanking you in advance, B’sK

Bob's Kid on October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Resist We Much on October 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

LOL..you know rwm..you have caused me many fractured ribs..I may have to skip you for a while..I need to heal. :)

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I’m Illini. Yeah, I wonder if that’s predator’s team too.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yep. *Let’s see, when does BB start?*

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Resist We Much on October 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Good thing I didn’t have a mouth full of hot chocolate when I read that.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Robust as an arugula salad.

Thanks canopfor.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

OTTO:

On the Info,a challenge of the hunt,and,heres the Briefing Page
thingy!
===========

Special Briefings
******************

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

My bad – Miguel Cabrera got the IBB
Prince Fielder followed w/ an RBI single.
And Delmon Young has added an RBI single too.

Tigers 2, Yankees 0

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

You really are a stupid, stupid twit. Even libfree called your sorry ass out.

wargamer6 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Ouch!

Come back, gutandpoke, come back!

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

You said the exact same thing about that b.s. unemployment number. You really should get some new material.

I’m telling you — Ohio is Obama’s Maginot Line. I understand you probably really need that OFA money (what are they paying — $7 an hour?) so keep on spinning, but Obama’s going to lose anyway.

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Hope you’re feeling better soon! Maybe you oughta try a little of Jackie’s elderberry liqueur. ;-)

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I just feel the overwhelming need to squish something when it shows up on one of the threads.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

…that’s scary!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Yep, that’s me…scary.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Yep. *Let’s see, when does BB start?*

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Oskee Wow Wow!

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Yes… it will be a major relief! As to the lame duck… there’s not much, outside of getting us nuked, that can’t be repaired. Let’s hope it doesn’t get that far out of hand!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Thanking you in advance, B’sK

Bob’s Kid on October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Please remember that this isn’t a chat room. It’s annoying having to scroll through self-indulgent chatty clutter from people who abuse these commenting sections.
bluegill on September 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

bazil9 I honestly feel for you. In my former life I had to do the company health plans and even back then with just the PPOs and HMOs and premiums going up constantly made every October prep tortuous knowing that our little company was going to have to make changes. I can’t even begin to think how many more grey hairs you are getting from this.

I always felt so sorry for my agent. We did become very good friends.

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Thanks – I wish I had some liquor – maybe I could sleep tonight

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Good Grief, that’s a Republican poll.

This nonsense is why I have to be here.

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

And, PPP is a DEMOCRAT poll.

Hypocrite MUCH, dozy plonker?

Resist We Much on October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Oskee Wow Wow!

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Bring back the Chief–NOW!

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

You rogerb’d that one nicely, Lanceman! :)

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

There you go! She’d feel better very quickly, one way, or the other! Elderberries have more antioxidant than blueberries or pomegranates!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Bob’s Kid on October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

What? Not firearms, old cars, recipes and real rock&Roll?

That is what usually happens here on Saturday night.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Det 2 – NYY 0 top of 6th.

RickB on October 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I have friends in the same business, and it truly hurts their hearts to watch what’s necessary.

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

bring ice cream. Yeah, I really would.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Aww..your a peach and kind. No, personal stuff.I am actually not down about the election..optimistic as of now.

I know Dee, I budget and budget but a trip to the grocery and other items are getting harder and harder. I am glad your still making it.
Bless you sweet lady.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Speaking of Alarm bells,if it was Dangerous for Civilians,um,…..

Explosive Situation:
Qaddafi’s Abandoned Weapons and the Threat to Libya’s Civilians
August 2012
************

And,website of,

Overseas Civilian Contractors
******************************

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

What? Not firearms, old cars, recipes and real rock&Roll?

That is what usually happens here on Saturday night.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

And building materials too!

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Bob’s Kid Ric on October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

RickB on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Bookmarked for a more sober purview.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Far be it from me to ever stand in the way of Play Doh being thoroughly squished. Have at it!

And do get well soon, GG.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM

But….but… G&P, you have already stated that you’re “probably” going to vote for Romney. So, why does an R Poll suddenly bother you so much?

Or, given the posts at Ace’s place, should we just call you “Wolf” here?
BWAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, go ahead and give me a number…:

ManWithNoParty on October 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM

That Geico commercial where he’s talking from the House chambers is stupid.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Det 2 – NYY 0 top of 6th.

RickB on October 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Go Tigers !! Hate dem Skankees !! ;-)
Gotta root for ‘home’ team, if NEW ‘home team (Rangers) aren’t in it. LOL

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Bob’s Kid on October 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

You say it’s your birthday? Happy Birthday to you!

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM

……….YOU FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

predator:Sh*t,I wouldn’t want to get renditioned to that,haha!:)

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM

ou really are a stupid, stupid twit. Even libfree called your sorry ass out.

wargamer6 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

POT…KETTLE…RACISTS!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM

How did such a giant douche as Schweitzer ever become Governor of MONTANA?!?!

mrsmwp on October 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Yep, it hurts my heart. Clients I have known for years..just scrapping by as it is. Some are like family to me.
Our small business is the same. I pay a premium for 2 people and its close to a mortgage payment..and it aint no Cadillac plan.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Steveangell on October 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

So when did you write your rep?

Gumby you’re truly funny. Always finding a poll you like and moving the goal post.

CW on October 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

That is what usually happens here on Saturday night.

cozmo on October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Or Friday for that matter.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Or, given the posts at Ace’s place, should we just call you “Wolf” here?
BWAHAHAHAHA.

ManWithNoParty on October 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I thought gumby was “Greg” at Ace’s.

Dark Star on October 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM

You know? Sometimes it irriatates the crap outta me when the ol’ gutster hijacks a thread. Not tonight, for some reason.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Bookmarked for a more sober purview.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

OTO:LOl,keep your keyboard between zee ditchs,haha!:)

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Resist We Much on October 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

…that ones just holding a paperbag with open tubes of airplane glue in it!…it likes holding gooey stuff in its hands!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Det 2 – NYY 0 top of 6th.

RickB on October 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Damn Yankees…YEAH!
Red Sox fan…sob

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Predator..always a pleasure to see you..one of my faves. :) XO

Jackie is drinking? Hee haw! a special evening..this will keep me around.

I need to dip for a few and hit the gas station for some smokes.
I never want people to think I am ignoring them..so just an fyi. If ya care. :)

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Thanks – I wish I had some liquor – maybe I could sleep tonight

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I gave you a remedy at 9:27. I haven’t had a cold in over 10 years, but when I did have them, that’s what I did. Drink lotso water also.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

RCP’s looking a tad RED.

CW on October 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Ido understand that you are ‘just funnin’ with me, TXUS! But since you asked me, there you go.

And yes… you should try this liqueur. Its made from a base of 100 proof Stolichnaya, and you add the elderberry concentrate, which I reduce myself, adding sugar to make a light syrup. Then you cool the elderberry syrup and pour it into the Stolichnaya, seal the bottle tightly, and put it in a cool, dark place for a minimum of 8 weeks, the longer, the better.

The resultant liqueur is remarkably tasty and very smooth. ;)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

If you are working on FB, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, emailing friends in swing states, etc

Consider expanding your efforts into places like MINNESOTA, MAINE, VERMONT, OREGON, and MICHIGAN.

These are the next places we could see movement next week.

I’m practicing what I preach and we may be in Ohio helping the campaign in the next couple of weeks.

EXPAND the battle field HOTAIRIANS!!

PappyD61 on October 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

OTO:LOl,keep your keyboard between zee ditchs,haha!:)

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Hard to keep my mind out of the ditches, but I’m shovel ready!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

…buddy!…I thought a troll would be #69… for a troll!

KOOLAID2 on October 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

KOOLAID2:Such a good number,er,…….haha!:)

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for your kind words.

I didn’t know about you being in health care insurance. You’re on the ground and personally can see what O Care is causing for everybody. How I wish you could be here to try and talk some sense into the heads of the Lefties I know.

Please take extra good care of yourself. With God’s help, we’ll all get through this nightmare.

Hugs.

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Thanks.

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

GrannyDee on October 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Oh, I know.. Sobering that so MANY are in our same spot !!
Hubby’s job is sales, on the road, and his fuel bill alone has doubled to $600+ per MONTH !!!!
God help us all, and grant us R&R for the next few years ! Hopefully 8 ! ;-)

pambi on October 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Fire Clapper and abolish the DNI: it is a Charlie-Foxtrot and everyone inside the IC knew that from before the day it was formed. The IC needs walls broken down, fiefdoms abolished and an ability to actually have analysts in different specialties find each other easily to work on projects together. In other words: get rid of bureaucracy, artificial work lines and put the agencies in charge of keeping skill levels up. Get rid of the DNI.

In the meantime someone should take responsibility for the events and ACT LIKE AN ADULT.

I don’t expect that, of course, these are all ‘de adults in charge!’ group. They will dump on each other. Hillary is destroying her career, won’t salvage it by actually taking full responsibility and each day she stays she is acting more like a Kamikaze towards Obama.

In the meantime the Administration has just PO’d the entire IC.

Nice knowing you, Mr. President. Hope you know the IC keeps tabs and surveillance on you, too. Part of the job. In case something happens to you or your family like, you know, having ATF backed cartel members decide to kidnap your kids while they are partying in Mexico. Yeah, good job POing the IC. Expect the dirt to start flowing RSN, Mr. President.

You could have acted like an adult and the President and taken full responsibility and blame for what went down.

You didn’t.

And it is way too late to do that now. Isn’t it wonderful when your best hope to salvage your public life is now in the hands of Hillary Clinton? And you’ve PO’d her off, too. Good job, fella! Hope you have that compound in Hawaii barricaded and the walls topped off with razor wire. You have done the most asinine, stupid and self-destructive thing a President in your position could have done and the people you have ticked off play for keeps. Not a good position to be in, President Obama. Sorry you put yourself into such a pickle.

Remember, you VOLUNTEERED for the job.

ajacksonian on October 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Obama went to Wisconsin right after the first debate.

I agree, Obama is a dud.

sentinelrules on October 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Thanks – I wish I had some liquor – maybe I could sleep tonight

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I’d beam some up there to ya, but my damn transmogrifier is on the fritz. So, get some sleep and wake up around game time to see your beloved Vikes WIN!

TXUS on October 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Perhaps I should’na reposted the gilled idiot for Bob’s kid.
I done a skeered him off.

Lanceman on October 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Vodka, ice, twist.
Cure all if garlic and anchovy doesn’t cut it.

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I haven’t been sick for a while, but I remember being ill last Thanksgiving, usually the best remedy for me was lots of hydration and rest until my body starts to fight the virus and eventually sweat it out. Maybe others have different remedies but that’s the one that works for me.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Predator..always a pleasure to see you..one of my faves. :) XO

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Multiple XOs to you, O Costa Rican Chica! Hope all is well with you. Things will get better. We must unseat the emperor first. One step at a time.

predator on October 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

How you can keep spinning when Obama’s tanking is bizarre.

wargamer6 on October 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

But that’s what partisan’s do. Try to spin results the best way for their candidate.

gumbyandpokey on October 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Flora Duh on October 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Hard to keep my mind out of the ditches, but I’m shovel ready!

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

OTTO:0

canopfor on October 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Pumpkin coffee?

Ewwwww

gophergirl on October 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM

OTTO on October 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

A nice clean drink! I like a vodka martini from time to time. Very dry, chilled glass. :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Pumpkin coffee?

Ewwwww

You can tell the holidays are coming.

CoffeeLover on October 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Coffee Lover, I felt awful for her. It’s bad enough she lost her only child; now she has to deal with the administration’s lies. They lied to her face repeatedly and brushed her off. She is so bereaved and anxious. She just wants to know why her child died and the circumstances.

This coverup is beyond sickening – it’s criminal. Dear Leader is going to brush this off until after Nov. 6 and hope his media lapdogs accommodate him. They know who did it – why no boots on the ground? We might get a drone strike on Nov. 4 or 5, just in time for the election.

These lying scoundrels must go.

Philly on October 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Yankees have the bases loaded for the 3rd time. Hopefully the 3rd time is not the charm.

22044 on October 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM

And Barry Obama has proven himself to be a very SMALL man.

GarandFan on October 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Hey .. If anyone’s into scotch ???
Our family name is Barton, so, as a joke, actually, hubby picked up some “Very Old Barton” to rub it in to our son, when he turned 40 !!
Dang, that’s good stuff ! LOL.

Carry on. ;-)