Quotes of the day

posted at 8:42 pm on October 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

Vice President Joe Biden’s repeated laughter during Thursday’s debate was a reflection of the “enormous amount of passion and joy” he brings to the job of serving the American people, White House press secretary Jay Carney said on Friday…

“The person I saw up there last night is somebody who is absolutely passionate about fighting for and defending the middle class… and who comes to his job — this many years in to serving his country in the Senate and now to the White House — with an enormous amount of passion and joy,” Carney said…

“Setting aside assessments of winners and losers,” he said, “As someone who worked with the vice president for two years and traveled with him around the country and the world, I took extreme pleasure in watching the debate last night because of the way that he demonstrated his passion and his wisdom and the joy that he brings to the job of serving the American people as vice president.”

***

Last week Mr. Obama was weirdly passive. Last night Mr. Biden was weirdly aggressive, if that is the right word for someone who grimaces, laughs derisively, interrupts, hectors, rolls his eyes, browbeats and attempts to bully. He meant to dominate, to seem strong and no-nonsense. Sometimes he did—he had his moments. But he was also disrespectful and full of bluster. “Oh, now you’re Jack Kennedy!” he snapped at one point. It was an echo of Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle, in 1988. But Mr. Quayle, who had compared himself to Kennedy, had invited the insult. Mr. Ryan had not. It came from nowhere. Did Mr. Biden look good? No, he looked mean and second-rate. He meant to undercut Mr. Ryan, but he undercut himself. His grimaces and laughter were reminiscent of Al Gore’s sighs in 2000—theatrical, off-putting and in the end self-indicting

National Democrats keep confusing strength with aggression and command with sarcasm. Even the latter didn’t work for Mr. Biden. The things he said had the rhythm and smirk of sarcasm without the cutting substance.

And so the Romney-Ryan ticket emerged ahead. Its momentum was neither stopped nor slowed and likely was pushed forward.

***

It will be the crowning irony of the No Drama Obama campaign that it took a man who exudes more drama than a decade of Latin American soap operas to get Democrats out of their funk…

At the same time, my in-box was filled with a certain number of people who would be happy if they could spend the next few weeks delivering some punches to Biden, and not just Republicans. What do independents want most? They want people who will practice a more respectful brand of politics, who will behave the way most Americans try to behave in their dealings: respectfully, maybe even pausing to listen for a second. To them, Biden will seem like an off-putting caricature of the worst of old-style politics

A lot of people will look at Biden’s performance and see a style of politics that makes complex trade-offs impossible. The people who think this way swing general elections.

***

Whereas President Obama’s smile during his debate with Mitt Romney seemed to be an afterthought, proffered as recompense to relieve the strain of his lackluster performance, Vice President Biden’s was an Uzi. From the time he sat down next to Paul Ryan, he was locked and loaded with the pearliest chompers since Matt Dillon donned horse veneers to impress Cameron “There’s Something About Mary” Diaz…

Biden’s smile, though it may be the most remembered part of the debate, probably didn’t work as intended. Democrats may have overlooked the inauthenticity of the smile, not to mention Biden’s repeated interruptions, because he was projecting the aggression they were feeling. As their agent, he was compensating for the president’s perceived weakness. The anger they feel is really toward Obama, of course; Ryan was merely his stand-in.

***

The Democrats cheering on Biden’s bullying, while ignoring the fact that he had nothing to offer on the future of entitlements and his disgraceful alibis about Libya, did so because at bottom they really do not feel Republicans or conservatives are worthy of respect or decency. Though they rarely own up to it, they don’t think Republicans are so much wrong as they are bad. By contrast, most Republicans think Democrats are wrong, not evil. Ryan, whose polite behavior was entirely proper but was made to appear passive and even weak when compared to his bloviating opponent, demonstrated this paradigm by patiently trying to explain his positions even when he was constantly interrupted…

The problem here is not just that presidents and would-be commanders-in-chief must appear presidential. It is that the liberal base of the president’s party is so filled with anger and contempt for Republicans that they can’t abide even a show of civility from their champions.

***

Biden aimed to throw the Obama base a lifeline. He fed the Kos Kidz desperate need for to see some fight, but at the cost of his remaining (and mostly notional) dignity. If you want a gibbering, snorting, mumbling clown with a rictus-grin locked on his mug a heartbeat away from controlling America’s nuclear arsenal, Joe Biden’s your guy…

The conventional wisdom this morning is that the debate was a tie. That conventional wisdom is (as is so often the case) dead wrong. Biden played to his base, trying to dig Obama out of the hole he’s been trapped in since last week’s debate trainwreck. Ryan played to the center, to the swing and to the late-engagers. The post-hoc coverage won’t factor into their decisions: the pictures and Biden’s mugging, drunk-uncle affect will. (Also, Biden opened several new, Costco-scale cans of worms for the Administration on the Libya scandal.)

In short, Biden did nothing to reset the race, and the edge of panic is still there in the Obama campaign.

***

“Biden’s debate preparation was watching repeatedly ‘The Shining.’ And I think he did an excellent imitation of Jack Nicholson,” Charles Krauthammer observed on the “Special Report” panel.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

***

Click the image to listen.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 12

Gotta wonder about someone who yaks it up during discussions of thermonuclear war. Might not trust that man with his finger on the button…

JohnGalt23 on October 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Smith’s mother

ted c on October 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

That’s who I thought you meant. Sean, RIP, wasn’t a SEAL but an IT expert. It’s heartbreaking and outrageous that his poor mom can’t even get the truth about how her only child died.

Christien on October 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

And here I thought Biden was doing his Paul Leni imitation, from the old silent classic The Man Who Laughs.

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Biden has the over-acting of the silent movie era down pat; problem was, there was a sound track too.

Paul-Cincy on October 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

JohnGalt23 on October 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Heck I wouldn’t sleep in the same house as the guy. Creepy!

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

So this is the general consensus of what went on last night, at least in the real world. I’ve heard plenty of commentary to the effect that lunch-bucket was playing to the d base. Curious if anyone has donned a hazmat suit and checked the actual reaction of the base over at du or huffpo or dkos? I’ve not really read any stories about the moonbat reaction to creepy uncle joe last night.

Lost in Jersey on October 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

SparkPlug on October 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I was trying to say something memorable. Like on Instapundit tonight.

Wonder why Forrest Tucker ain’t in there?

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

And here I thought Biden was doing his Zuni fetish doll imitation, from the old tv classic Trilogy of Terror. Or else Karen Black.

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

oh that’s right, thanks for straightening me out christien

ted c on October 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Turned out to be the wind.

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Oh yeah, now I hear it. But…

predator on October 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Word at work today – Biden was a jerk.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Whistle while you work,

Biden was a jerk…

*that’s a spinoff of an old rhyme from my youth. I can’t remember the rest*

predator on October 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

if you look at rasmussens chart of head to head likely voters, you can see that barry/axe/media have done a good job of getting base lefties/takers ginned up to more likely to vote…the trend is clear since august….it has bought barry two or three points

they love free stuff.

barry’s approval rating is fifty percent among likely voters.

i say this because i think most of the stuff that goes on is not relevant…tons of people are satisfied with the current situation. they have zero clue about the future and don’t care

mitt is still the underdog

r keller on October 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

predator on October 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Neither do I.

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Too many people ignore me.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Who is “me?”

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

mitt is still the underdog

r keller on October 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Yep because we’ve got voter fraud to contend with.

We still have to fight – long way to go.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Who are you talking to?

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Who is “me?”

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Heh. In the mornings I see you have to step around those steaming piles of gilled idiot.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Talk about a war on women, Joe Biden ran off women voters like a frog in a shoe box.

Greasy Joe showed off all of his warts and his slithery tongue.

Speakup on October 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Vice President Biden’s was an Uzi

Respell that word, and I’ll go along.

In what POSSIBLE venue would Biden’s behavior be acceptable? I can’t think of one.

Paul-Cincy on October 12, 2012 at 9:12 PM

A sexual encounter between a sadist and a masochist. It’s the only thing I can think of. I’m not kidding.

Too many people ignore me.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Ignore who?

predator on October 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You know that guy?

Axe on October 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Has this been posted anywhere yet?

New Biden meme

tkyang99 on October 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I laughed and laughed…..heh.

SailorMark on October 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

And here I thought Biden was doing his… um… was avenging Obama for his debate defeat.

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

JohnGalt23 on October 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

You gotta remember, 40 years in the “World’s greatest Deliberative Society” means all yack, no do. Nuclear War? Wow, the debate on the Senate floor tomorrow is gonna be rough.

Who is John Galt on October 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

According to our records associated with this email address — hopefully it’s yours if you’re reading this! — here’s your online giving history for this organization:

— Your supporter ID number is: 1002209463
— Your most recent online donation was: $0
— Total amount donated online in 2012: $0

It looks like you haven’t made an online donation to the campaign yet.

The President is counting on people like you to step up now, in these last weeks, and this is one of your last opportunities to do it. Don’t let him down.

$181 million and still asking for more dough. Have they no shame?

El_Terrible on October 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I don’t like these early QOTDs.

Too many people ignore me.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

(Snark):0

canopfor on October 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Too many people ignore me.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Well you are Cosmo’s sockpuppet or is it the other way around.

RickB on October 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

$181 million and still asking for more dough. Have they no shame?

El_Terrible on October 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Too bad there ain’t no way to donate negative dollars.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Is the buzz word passion the latest focus-tested word for Carney? Wisdom, somehow, is NOT a word that I associate with Biden.

With his choppers set on high beam, BiteMe seems to be an appropriate name for the buffoon. Are they dentures or caps? (Taranto sees a post-VP role for Joe in a Fix-o-Dent commercial.

onlineanalyst on October 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Well you are Cosmo’s sockpuppet or is it the other way around.

RickB on October 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

No, but I once listened to Cosmos Factory.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Lost in Jersey on October 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I was at Daily Kos around 4 p.m. Biden is being hailed as a hero for putting that lying idiot Paul Ryan in his place.

Also, I couldn’t find one diary about Benghazi on the front page or in the recommended diaries.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Too bad there ain’t no way to donate negative dollars.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Only from overseas. /s

Who is John Galt on October 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM

You know, I hate to be a stupidass, but could anyone link to a picture of mom-jeans? Preferably the ones obama was wearing. I never saw the picture.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Who are you talking to?

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Some guy that says we’re ignoring someone named me.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Ignore who?

predator on October 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You know that guy?

Axe on October 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Sure I do. He’s on first.

predator on October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Obama Mom Jeans 1

thatsafactjack on October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Captain kicka$$?

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Some guy that says we’re ignoring someone named me.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

You must be confused. No one is ignoring me.

predator on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

“Our security plan worked.”

- A second State Department official following a 6 June 2012 attack on the Benghazi consulate in which terrorist blew a hole in a perimeter wall “big enough for forty men to go through,” according to a letter to Secretary Clinton

The “SECURITY PLAN” in that case was an insufficient amount of firepower and number of terrorists

“The system worked.”

- Janet Napolitano, Secretary of Homeland Security, in response to the attempted Christmas bombing of a plane over Detroit by Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab

The “SYSTEM” in that case was a DUTCH FILMMAKER.

Resist We Much on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM

If they never mention it, that means it never happened in the first place.

Remember, in their world, Sex isn’t Sex, and Is isn’t Is.

Del Dolemonte on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Obama riding bike

thatsafactjack on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Some guy that says we’re ignoring someone named me.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Hmm. Just for that, may your koi pond be infested with 1,000 blue-eared panfish! :D

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Axe, what happened at the War on Bacon today? I wasn’t around but I saw Bmore post a question to me and then he seemed to get bothered about something. Did someone use my name in the chat box?

Oh, and to stay on topic, Biden is evil.

Fallon on October 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Wow, I posted a comment twice and I don’t see it. I deleted A-hole from the first post on the 2nd post but still don’t see my comment. Is it in moderation or did I get the ban hammer after all these years?

Liberty or Death on October 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Paul-Cincy on October 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I’ve got one more the teeth

OMG the teeth.

MontanaMmmm on October 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Have to. My blood pressure was spiking too early in the day which gave me headaches that last for hours. Even after taking my meds.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

OT: With all of the cover-up regarding Benghazi, I have had a nagging feeling all day about the claim earlier this month that our border agent was killed by friendly fire. If thy lied about Libya, why not here. They don’t want F&F back on a front burner either……

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Obama Mom Jeans 1

thatsafactjack on October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Oh. So there really ain’t no such product marketed as such. Just jeans that looked like they were worn by a woman too wide in the fundament and legs.

Thanks, Jackson. It does look gay.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

ted c on October 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I’ve got your back. When Biden said no one asked for additional security, I too hoped the victims’ families weren’t watching.

Christien on October 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

And here I thought Biden was doing his Lon Chaney imitation from London After Midnight.

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Is it in moderation or did I get the ban hammer after all these years?

Liberty or Death on October 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Ban hammer. You ain’t really here.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

He can’t be me. I’m Me!

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Welcome, Lanceman. They also tend to have a very high waistband, like 1980′s moms, and old men wear. :)

thatsafactjack on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

@Florida

That thing you posted . . . I . . .

Reposting.

PS: Maybe this is the beginning of a change. Maybe it can be formally demonstrated that all the for the seriously stupid toothpick-box instructions can’t work because of the inherent nature of seriously stupid, and one day our kids’ kids won’t have to unpack boxes containing desiccant sachets stamped with “this is not a food product.”

Axe on October 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Old-timers call it “touched in the head.”

Christien on October 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Old-old timers call it “pixelated.”

Resist We Much on October 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Biden’s behavior was bizarre and embarrassing. A heartbeat away, folks. That should help y’all sleep soundly.

TXMomof3 on October 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

KCB, thought the same thing. But, both agents were wounded, only 1 killed—thus, there’s a survivor. I think the dead agent supposedly fired on the wounded agent, the wounded agent returned fire and killed Ivie.

ted c on October 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

canopfor on October 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I think we have seen this trick before. I have a feeling a noose or some other BS will show up soon.

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

KCB:

I do remember the brick threw(through)the window,later admitted
by a HopeyVoterBot!:)
=====================

Bricks thrown into Obama’s office

(KSHB Video) For the second time this week, vandals struck overnight at Barack Obama’s Kansas City headquarters. Around 4 a.m., police said someone threw bricks through the campaign office’s windows at 31st and Gillham. (Oct. 31, 2008 Reported by KSHBs Ryan Kath)
===============

canopfor on October 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

He can’t be me. I’m Me!

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

No, no, no. You’re you, he’s him, and I’m me.

predator on October 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Biden’s toothy smile floats across my inner eye like the Cheshire Cat’s.

disa on October 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Ban hammer. You ain’t really here.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Sorry Liberty…It is true.

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

lol, I thought I was the only one who remembers that show.
Funny story, I worked for her back in the mid 80′s low, low budget never completed movie. She HATES that tid bit on her resume, but likes her lip liner just the right temperature straight out of the fridge.

MontanaMmmm on October 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM

TXMomof3 on October 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

What are you yakkin’ about? He’s too stupid as to be allowed to do any real damage. Even his own party considers him to be the white Hank Johnson secretly.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

After his ‘Fighting for the Middle Class’ thing, Carney probably went home, walked in the front door and kicked the dog.

TimBuk3 on October 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Proverb

He who laughs last laughs best.

—success is better after having previously endured ridicule.

claudius on October 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Look, we can’t all be me….OR CAN WE???? Whoa!!!

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Nero fiddled.

Biden laughs and smirks.

Jvette on October 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Bricks thrown into Obama’s office

===============

canopfor on October 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Well, if the bricks actually broke through the mirrors, we know Barry didn’t throw them.

predator on October 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Liberty or Death on October 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Biden jumped in and interrupted your comment.

msupertas on October 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

He can’t be me. I’m Me!

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

No, no, no. You’re you, he’s him, and I’m me.

predator on October 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Good gracious, ya’ll are sounding more gumbyed than pokey.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

By contrast, most Republicans think Democrats are wrong, not evil.

I cannot speak for most Republicans – or even most conservatives – but I can speak for myself: evil is as evil does and by that measure I can assure you that the Democrat party is an agent of evil.

Those who stand in the echelons of its leadership face a day of reckoning that the truly humble dare not contemplate.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

And here I thought Biden was trying to look the cat who ate the canary, and came off more like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland: “I’m Odd.”

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I’ve got one more the teeth

OMG the teeth.

MontanaMmmm on October 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

“The Mask”

“The Mask”. What a great movie. Introduced a smoking hot Cameron Diaz. Jim Carrey at his best. And the teeth.

OMG the teeth.

Paul-Cincy on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Bricks thrown into Obama’s office

===============

canopfor on October 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Jesus Christ, we DON’T need this.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I don’t think it’s possible for Paul Ryan’s son to be any cuter.

He took questions from the press – adorable!

Better than Biden

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Look, we can’t all be me….OR CAN WE???? Whoa!!!

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM

What are you asking Whoa!!! for, he doesn’t know anything.

predator on October 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Jesus Christ, we DON’T need this.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Friendly fire? That’s my bet.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Rocky Raccoon – Beatles

thatsafactjack on October 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Biden jumped in and interrupted your comment.

msupertas on October 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

That’s the biggest bunch of malarkey I’ve ever heard. Say something else. Start another sentence. I dare ya!

Paul-Cincy on October 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I can assure you that the Democrat party is an agent of evil.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Truer words were never spoken. A party to appeal to the more ignorant and emotional among us. An ignorance and emotion that can be shaped and driven by those with the power.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Good gracious, ya’ll are sounding more gumbyed than pokey.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

It’s a contagion. And he spread it.

predator on October 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Friendly fire? That’s my bet.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM

You thinkin’ self-inflicted intentionally?

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

If I remember the articles correctly, no one cites eyewitness account as part of how they determined friendly fire. Also, it was days later when they came up with this. I also read that a couple of guns were found at the scene, but they did not know how thy played into it. I think one was a hand gun and one a rifle.

KCB on October 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Joe Biden, Mouth of Sauron Obama

Christien on October 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Oh, and to stay on topic, Biden is evil.

Fallon on October 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

He asked about Kelly’s cousin in the background; Kelly answered him (and others that had mentioned her) with an admonishment to “stay classy.”

Something like, “that’s my cousin. Stay classy.”

He didn’t like it. :)

I tried to untangle it all before it got perma-knotted. He said he was OK and laughing about it.

*shrug*

Axe on October 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

MontanaMmmm on October 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Loved her in Day of the Locusts. But if the low-low-budget movie never got completed, how would it turn up on her resume? Is this what’s going to happen to those poor actors in that vile and disgusting and despicable and utterly irrelevant red herring movie trailer The Innocence of Muslims?

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
IBD/Tipp poll today has a tied race at 46%. Romney leads indys by 9 pts. Sample is D+7 (same as 2008)

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Is there any thread that this pollshivik doesn’t stink up?

Benedict Nelson on October 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

A party to appeal to the more ignorant and emotional among us. An ignorance and emotion that can be shaped and driven by those with the power. – Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM

To be more precise, it is a political party that appeals to the darkest, most base expressions of human nature: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Biden

thatsafactjack on October 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Jesus Christ, we DON’T need this.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Meh.
Classic Dem tactic.
I expect them to come up with worse as the Dems desperation builds.

justltl on October 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Totally off topic!!

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Ban hammer. You ain’t really here.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I guess I am still here seeing as this comment showed up, but not sure what happened to my two previous comments…perhaps they went to another dimension…or maybe I went to another dimension! ;-)

Liberty or Death on October 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM

If I were Big Bird, I’d be watching my tail feathers.

justltl on October 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM

You thinkin’ self-inflicted intentionally?

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I wouldn’t be shocked. Sympathy vote – race card?

These are democrats – nothing is beneath them.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Yep, that’s stupid.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I miss The Race Card.

And Afrolib.

Where’s HAL?

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Totally off topic!!

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Good doggie!

Now you need to move on to, “Mix a drink, Riot. Mix a drink. Good Girl.”

predator on October 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Leftie losers think that dominating the debate’s the same thing as winning it.

Cleombrotus on October 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Ryan and the Romney campaign and the Republican Party all fatally underestimated Joe Biden. Bad mistake.

Romeny has peaked.
President Obama will take “Joe-mentum” into the next two debates and he will regain a solid and insurmountable lead in the waning days of the campaign.

On November 6, 2012, President Obama will be re-elected by a close, but comfortable margin.

Start liking it.

chumpThreads on October 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Biden when he was younger.

RickB on October 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM

de rigueur on October 12, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I was referencing the trilogy you posted.

MontanaMmmm on October 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM

chumpThreads on October 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM

*sniff* You stink of fear and desperation.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM