Quotes of the day

posted at 8:42 pm on October 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

Vice President Joe Biden’s repeated laughter during Thursday’s debate was a reflection of the “enormous amount of passion and joy” he brings to the job of serving the American people, White House press secretary Jay Carney said on Friday…

“The person I saw up there last night is somebody who is absolutely passionate about fighting for and defending the middle class… and who comes to his job — this many years in to serving his country in the Senate and now to the White House — with an enormous amount of passion and joy,” Carney said…

“Setting aside assessments of winners and losers,” he said, “As someone who worked with the vice president for two years and traveled with him around the country and the world, I took extreme pleasure in watching the debate last night because of the way that he demonstrated his passion and his wisdom and the joy that he brings to the job of serving the American people as vice president.”

***

Last week Mr. Obama was weirdly passive. Last night Mr. Biden was weirdly aggressive, if that is the right word for someone who grimaces, laughs derisively, interrupts, hectors, rolls his eyes, browbeats and attempts to bully. He meant to dominate, to seem strong and no-nonsense. Sometimes he did—he had his moments. But he was also disrespectful and full of bluster. “Oh, now you’re Jack Kennedy!” he snapped at one point. It was an echo of Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle, in 1988. But Mr. Quayle, who had compared himself to Kennedy, had invited the insult. Mr. Ryan had not. It came from nowhere. Did Mr. Biden look good? No, he looked mean and second-rate. He meant to undercut Mr. Ryan, but he undercut himself. His grimaces and laughter were reminiscent of Al Gore’s sighs in 2000—theatrical, off-putting and in the end self-indicting

National Democrats keep confusing strength with aggression and command with sarcasm. Even the latter didn’t work for Mr. Biden. The things he said had the rhythm and smirk of sarcasm without the cutting substance.

And so the Romney-Ryan ticket emerged ahead. Its momentum was neither stopped nor slowed and likely was pushed forward.

***

It will be the crowning irony of the No Drama Obama campaign that it took a man who exudes more drama than a decade of Latin American soap operas to get Democrats out of their funk…

At the same time, my in-box was filled with a certain number of people who would be happy if they could spend the next few weeks delivering some punches to Biden, and not just Republicans. What do independents want most? They want people who will practice a more respectful brand of politics, who will behave the way most Americans try to behave in their dealings: respectfully, maybe even pausing to listen for a second. To them, Biden will seem like an off-putting caricature of the worst of old-style politics

A lot of people will look at Biden’s performance and see a style of politics that makes complex trade-offs impossible. The people who think this way swing general elections.

***

Whereas President Obama’s smile during his debate with Mitt Romney seemed to be an afterthought, proffered as recompense to relieve the strain of his lackluster performance, Vice President Biden’s was an Uzi. From the time he sat down next to Paul Ryan, he was locked and loaded with the pearliest chompers since Matt Dillon donned horse veneers to impress Cameron “There’s Something About Mary” Diaz…

Biden’s smile, though it may be the most remembered part of the debate, probably didn’t work as intended. Democrats may have overlooked the inauthenticity of the smile, not to mention Biden’s repeated interruptions, because he was projecting the aggression they were feeling. As their agent, he was compensating for the president’s perceived weakness. The anger they feel is really toward Obama, of course; Ryan was merely his stand-in.

***

The Democrats cheering on Biden’s bullying, while ignoring the fact that he had nothing to offer on the future of entitlements and his disgraceful alibis about Libya, did so because at bottom they really do not feel Republicans or conservatives are worthy of respect or decency. Though they rarely own up to it, they don’t think Republicans are so much wrong as they are bad. By contrast, most Republicans think Democrats are wrong, not evil. Ryan, whose polite behavior was entirely proper but was made to appear passive and even weak when compared to his bloviating opponent, demonstrated this paradigm by patiently trying to explain his positions even when he was constantly interrupted…

The problem here is not just that presidents and would-be commanders-in-chief must appear presidential. It is that the liberal base of the president’s party is so filled with anger and contempt for Republicans that they can’t abide even a show of civility from their champions.

***

Biden aimed to throw the Obama base a lifeline. He fed the Kos Kidz desperate need for to see some fight, but at the cost of his remaining (and mostly notional) dignity. If you want a gibbering, snorting, mumbling clown with a rictus-grin locked on his mug a heartbeat away from controlling America’s nuclear arsenal, Joe Biden’s your guy…

The conventional wisdom this morning is that the debate was a tie. That conventional wisdom is (as is so often the case) dead wrong. Biden played to his base, trying to dig Obama out of the hole he’s been trapped in since last week’s debate trainwreck. Ryan played to the center, to the swing and to the late-engagers. The post-hoc coverage won’t factor into their decisions: the pictures and Biden’s mugging, drunk-uncle affect will. (Also, Biden opened several new, Costco-scale cans of worms for the Administration on the Libya scandal.)

In short, Biden did nothing to reset the race, and the edge of panic is still there in the Obama campaign.

***

“Biden’s debate preparation was watching repeatedly ‘The Shining.’ And I think he did an excellent imitation of Jack Nicholson,” Charles Krauthammer observed on the “Special Report” panel.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

***

Click the image to listen.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 9 10 11 12

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM

So nice to see you too, gal. I’ve been meaning to contact you. Been a crazy week.

Maybe we can catch up sometime this weekend!

I’ve recovered from the vegetable throwing addiction. The doc told me to substitute Nerf guns & bullets. It helps, but it’s just not the same. I like to hear a nice “thud” when I bean someone in the head. Know what I mean?

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

That’s why my sister put her in assisted living, it just got to be too much.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I’m sorry C. I know.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:39 AM

He said ‘Goodnight All’ but he didn’t have his ear buds with him and so he couldn’t cue up a tune to go with it since he has a two year old visiting in the house and didn’t want to wake her.

He has company for the weekend. :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Probably a good idea.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Blasphemy, blasphemy I say… ;p

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:41 AM

B9 is trying to get Grace to go back to her food throwing ways. After all the rehab she is being tempted to smackme.

Not that I don’t deserve it but that’s not the point.

Jackie will watch over me, I know.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:28 AM

It’s tough. Y’all should try to remain as calm as you can with her. She’s in (somewhat) new surroundings with new sounds, smells, people, etc. which only amplifies her episodes of confusion. If possible, surround her with as many familar items as you can. When she wanders off mentally, change the subject back to something both parties can converse about. Talk slow, don’t ask rapid fire questions (it’ll confuse her). Old pictures will evoke vivid memories for her. Same with music…Lots of natural light

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 3:42 AM

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Oh goodness woman… Do I even want to know?

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Actually, I was offering you one, here in the pool house… :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Good morning 4grace… ;)

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Howdy! I’ll actually say good evening, because it’s not officially morning until I go to bed, get some sleep, then get back up. ;)

(Great tune you just played! Haven’t listened to that in so long. Takes me back to my days in Cali.)

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I will, Spark.:)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:44 AM

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM

LoLz..:)

PS..Glad to see you and I agreed that this “Libya Problem” was not going to go away a week ago..Their problem is that it comes down to two players..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I like to hear a nice “thud” when I bean someone in the head. Know what I mean?

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

lol, I do.

I have this sweet pellet gun..throw me some CO2 cartridges and I am hearing howls. :) bawhaha.. I also have this new Japanese knife-that is pretty cool.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Good morning, or evening, as the case maybe, 4Grace! Nice to see you again!:)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Hiya, Ms. Jackie! My computer must be tired, too. It’s taking forever to post comments.

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Dire Straits on October 13, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I calls em as I sees em, and if you’ve read my blog much, you know I usually calls right, and ahead of most folks…

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM

I like to hear a nice “thud” when I bean someone in the head.

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

You mean, besides the sound of your foot…

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:40 AM

I know what you mean. My head just happened to be in the way of your flying vegetables and now I have a fear of leafy green things.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I was thinking of putting together some pictures for her. She has old scrapbooks but I think those would be to hard to handle. I feel bad because I am heading back to Florida soon and it will all be on my sister’s shoulders.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Jackie will watch over me, I know.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Oh you think so eh?

Heeeee haaaaaa.

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM

There’s a general theory that the management is fiddling with the ads again as some people have mentioned a slow down or scripting errors. :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Aaaaand I hit strike. Hahahaa

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Now… I think that’s contagious… because I did that earlier, too. :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:50 AM

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

When womenz throws vegetables at me, I usually gather them up and make stew… But then again, I’m just a dumb redneck, it’s what we do… ;p

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:51 AM

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I didn’t read the early part of the thread but it’s amazing how I can miss comments. Nobody should ever get offended if you ask me something and I don’t answer, I probably missed it. Feel free to nag until I reply.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:51 AM

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Well in that case I’m accepting unconditionally. Just throw the olive in the air.

I’ll jump off the diving board and catch it in my mouth like a trained seal.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Oh goodness woman… Do I even want to know?

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM

SparkPlug knows. But, it’s all in the past. I’m 100%, fully, absolutely, …fairly, pretty much recovered. :)

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:53 AM

K,it is time to say adios peeps.
take care~

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:51 AM

lol! That’s something I think we all share. I do my best to keep up but there are times, like when I get side tracked rummaging for a tune, when I miss things, sometimes several if I get caught up listening to a tune!:)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:53 AM

You have a very good blog..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM

I don’t know whose commentary of the debate I like more–Rush’s or Mark Levin’s. Both were spot-on as always.

Liam on October 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM

I’ll jump off the diving board and catch it in my mouth like a trained seal.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Unless it hit’s you in the head with a good solid thunk, in which case you’ll probably end up afraid of Martini’s… o_O

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Goodnight, B9! Sleep well! See you soon!:)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Enjoyed it!..Later..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM

You mean, besides the sound of your foot…

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Hahahaa. Yeah.

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM

You have a very good blog..:)

Dire Straits on October 13, 2012 at 3:54 AM

not bad for a dumb redneck… ;p

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Wow! That’s athletic talent! You’re in remarkable condition, Spark!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:56 AM

bazil9 on October 13, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Without a Rock Lobster Oven Mitt you are powerless.

I’ll be over a Jackie’s place doing shadow puppets and olive tricks for her important guests.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

ROAD TRIP!!!

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 3:56 AM

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Thanks for the info. So, it’s only partially due to my slow brain. :)

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:57 AM

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Most of us have already confessed to working on one active brain cell apiece this evening… and look!.. we’re working without a net and everything!lol!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Nighty Nite, B9!!!

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM

If you didn’t already see my puppies cute trick it’s here.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Road trip indeed. About ten hours. I’m so looking forward to it.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Hey Axe you are missing some crazy fun.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

we’re working without a net and everything!lol!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Well, we DO still keep Spark’s net in place. That’s different, though. After the, uh, incident, we can never be too careful.

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Goodnight Everyone!!!

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

we’re working without a net and everything!lol!

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM

What is this net thing you speak of?

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Goodnight Everyone!!!

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Hello AND Goodnight, Cindy. Sorry I missed conversing with you.

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM

I’m not Moby but I played him on HA….

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Goodnight Everyone!!!

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

good night Cindy…

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Goodnight Everyone!!!

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Pretty dreams!

Liam on October 13, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Why Worry – Mark Knopfler

Well… I have to try and sleep. Can’t work on one brain cell!

Its been a pleasure, you guys. Goodnight. :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Seems like Mitt is going to win.

Some libs have gone so far as to acknowledge the Barry is not a God.

Baby steps.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Night, Jackie!

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Its been a pleasure, you guys. Goodnight. :)

thatsafactjack on October 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Good night Jackie, I’m out as well… Night everyone…

SWalker on October 13, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Hey Dire!!!

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 4:09 AM

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I am trying to tamp down my excitement and hope. This election is so freaking important. It’s been beyond stressful. I certainly hope we are seeing a true, permanent shift toward R&R!

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Nite, Walker!

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Gotta believe that Things Are Going to Get Better!

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 4:15 AM

4Grace on October 13, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I’m nervous too. I want there to be no doubts. No close calls. Just a landslide.

The dems are too slimy to be trusted.

SparkPlug on October 13, 2012 at 4:20 AM

I can only pop in for a minute..

I’ve been angry as Hell since the debate.. that such a gibbering moron has ANY following among the left, is astounding.. he spit on honesty, decency, and had the manners of a goat.. and the kos morons loved it.. I’m certain now, what the one columnist said is true..

Leftists.. (not rank and file democrats).. actually hold the republicans in a complete state of hatred.. they aren’t happy to merely believe they are correct, they want to inflict misery and pain on anyone they feel is stupid enough to cross them by disagreeing. Irrational hate.. and yes, they are insane enough to smile at the thought of jamming people into cattle cars on the war to a cyanide shower room.. that is the kind of lunatic hatred the left wallows in,.. I’ve seen the dimwit underground postings saying exactly that.. They rarely leave those comments up for long, they know we’re watching them.. but in 03, 04.. they were common..

I have taken comfort however in something Coulter said earlier today… I know more than a few people who voted for Obama in 08, who refuse to now…

and not one single McCain voter who is thinking of voting for Obama..

same with me.. no one is crossing over to vote for Obama again..

not one..

They lost the middle, and any liberal crazy enough to believe he’ll get his 08 turnout or better, is delusional. He’s going to be stomped by the voters, and no weighted polling can hide that anymore.. even D+11 polls are still breaking for Romney.. even or slightly ahead..

It’s going to be a route..

nite all… had to write that down, after seeing another clip of their favorite clown..

mark81150 on October 13, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Road trip indeed. About ten hours. I’m so looking forward to it.

Cindy Munford on October 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM

One word, ibuprofen…

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 4:29 AM

mark81150 on October 13, 2012 at 4:28 AM

You mentioned the Titan missle blowing up. My Dad (Civil Service, Real Property) left the site as they started fueling the missle on his way to inventory the next site. Tens minutes earlier, he was at the bottom looking up…

Gohawgs on October 13, 2012 at 4:33 AM

With the tumbling polls and lost momentum on the D side, is anyone else worried about an “October Surprise”?

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Just think of the relief we’ll feel when Obama is voted out. We’re almost there.

We must pull out all the stops to get out the vote on election day… and especially need to encourage all family and friends and neighbors to vote early this month, where possible.

Let’s not just go for a win… let’s go for a knockout!

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM

I say… BRING IT ON!

Nothing will stop us now from voting out Obama.

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I say… BRING IT ON!

Nothing will stop us now from voting out Obama.

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Sure, nothing will stop US. But what about the squishy middle?

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Sure, nothing will stop US. But what about the squishy middle?

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM

They’re irrelevant.

Liam on October 13, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Sure, nothing will stop US. But what about the squishy middle?

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Think positive. Romney has exactly the kind of appeal we need to win over the swing voters.

I have been hearing Obama supporters at work and elsewhere, and they are completely flipping out right now. It is not a happy time for them. They are NOT confident, and they so angry about the increased criticism of and general disappointment in Obama. A month ago many of them didn’t see Romney as a threat (and, to be honest, these idiots didn’t even know the first thing about him)… but you better believe they see him as a huge threat to Obama now. They are very scared.

They know Romney is the real deal, and isn’t at all the caricature that the Obama campaign spent so much money trying to create.

Romney threw down the gauntlet and served Obama notice at the first debate and did so in commanding fashion. And he looked like a million bucks doing it. Here at HotAir we all had seen Romney in the countless debates and during the primary season when he methodically racked up win after win, despite attacks from the left and the right, but many others knew him only from “rich guy” jokes on late night comedy shows.

Romney had been terribly underrated for months, but when the previously less informed set actually got a good look at him, they were surprised by how impressive he was. Many so-called “true” conservatives and others gleefully bashed Romney for months, even after he had the nomination, but the truth is that we could have hardly had a better nominee for a general election. Perhaps their endless and weird trashing of Romney for so long only made Romney’s surge more spectacular because it caught people off-guard.

Democrats love to be able to ridicule conservative politicians as stupid and as old fuddy-duddies. GW Bush and our 2008 ticket (which I supported, of course) made this all too easy, sadly. With Romney, they can’t say either. Though Romney is in his late 60′s, he has undeniable stamina… and his almost perfect telegenic looks don’t hurt. All they can do now is try to make Romney, the wholesome family man and successful businessman with a reassuring demeanor and squeaky clean life seem like a scary, bad person. Good luck with that, Democrats! The more people see Romney unfiltered, the more they feel good about him. Movement will continue towards Romney the more people see him and hear from him directly.

Obama supporters have been startled by Romney’s strength and strong appeal to voters. Unfortunately for them, Romney is only going to continue gaining support.

Best of all, it is no longer cool or trendy for many young people to be for Obama. Many of his supporters seem to feel the need to apologize for Obama or make excuses for him, even as they declare their support for him. Young voters who support Romney can think for themselves, and there is a certain pride you feel in knowing that you refused to be a sheep like so many young, clueless, defensive Obama voters.

Yes, the Obama campaign and his worshipers are scared, and THEY SHOULD BE.

Let’s go win this thing!

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM

And, yeah, I’ve been on edge this whole month, too. I don’t know how much more of this election I can take. The only things I can watch on tv now are National Geographic and HGTV!

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 7:12 AM

But as stressful as it can be, we are excited and feel confident.

I am so looking forward to Mitt’s victory celebration on election night. It’s going to be big. :-)

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM

They’re irrelevant.

Liam on October 13, 2012 at 6:32 AM

I share your frustration with them. They are low-information and make their voting choices on whims.

But we do need them. Without them, we lose the election. That’s not the way it ought to be; that’s just the way it is.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 7:20 AM

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I vote conscience in the primaries and strategy in the general. For that reason I didn’t vote Romney in the primary, but you’re right–he’s an excellent choice for the general and he has 100% support from me now.

I’m tired of this roller coaster ride. I was positive this summer. Had a down trend the last couple of weeks. Felt positive again after the debate, and am now wondering if Romney peaked too soon. Needless to say, I don’t trust the Chicago Machine. They play fast and dirty and I wouldn’t doubt if they dug up something on Romney that will hurt him bad…and there’s just enough time to unload that now.

Keep talking me off the ledge! heh.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Yeah, and thank goodness the primary season bickering is long over with. The truth is that several of the Republicans running would have been excellent candidates against Obama. I’m glad we are all on the same team now and with the same purpose.

Also, I believe it is Obama who has already peaked. As others have said, virtually no one who didn’t vote for Obama previously is now wanting to jump over to support him now.

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on October 13, 2012 at 7:20 AM

You’re right, of course. But while you say we need them, I see them as things with which we’re stuck. And I hate that.

I don’t do frustration at all, let alone well. I mean, how can anyone possibly be a fence-sitter in thee times? I just don’t get it.

I hate and abhor liberals to no end. But at least liberals hold to something. The squishies are quite far worse.

Liam on October 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM

But as stressful as it can be, we are excited and feel confident.

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I … hadn’t thought of that. No plans. When Obama was elected, the feeling was creepy.

Hm. Election night plans …

Axe on October 13, 2012 at 7:59 AM

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Nice assessment.

I have been on the road since Apr traveling 9000 miles across the USA crossing thru 27 states and, as God as my witness,saw my 1st Obama 2012 bumper sticker 2 days ago——–in Washington, DC.

hillsoftx on October 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM

hillsoftx on October 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM

The thrill is definitely gone. After Thursday night, they’re backing away from Uncle Joe, too.

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM

The Democrats cheering on Biden’s bullying,

Ryan was bullied? Like some poor gay kid at Mitt Romney’s prep school?

If he’s too much of a pipsqueak to handle Biden, how’s going to handle Putin.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Are we desperately overlooking faults like the dems are? I always wonder about that.

tomas on October 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

The irony is rich with you. Like Biden…all bluster…not much else.

Ryan was cool and focused. Biden was a laughing crazed hyena…your guy.

CW on October 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

If he’s too much of a pipsqueak to handle Biden, how’s going to handle Putin.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

He isn’t likely to bow to him like your boy.

tom daschle concerned on October 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM

If he’s too much of a pipsqueak to handle Biden, how’s going to handle Putin.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

This is how your closer did in Russia, you reprobate.

8D

tom daschle concerned on October 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I love the smell of Troll Desperation in the morning. I smells like…victory!

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

“It”.

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

If he’s too much of a pipsqueak to handle Biden, how’s going to handle Putin.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I’m not sure what you mean by “handle.” He handled Biden fine. What should he have done, slugged the sadistic grin? At least everyone got to see it.

Actual strength is rarely noisy.

tomas on October 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM

We’re walking away with an election, and you think concern trolling is going to work?

Axe on October 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

The irony is rich with you. Like Biden…all bluster…not much else.

Ryan was cool and focused. Biden was a laughing crazed hyena…your guy.

CW on October 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Ryan was whiny and defensive all night…

If he’s too much of a pipsqueak to handle Biden, how’s going to handle Putin.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

He isn’t likely to bow to him like your boy.

tom daschle concerned on October 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I remember how Republicans handle Putin. First they gaze in his soul, then they let them invade Georgia.

But Bush was just a blustery preppie full of tough talk as he tried to overcompensate for dodging Vietnam, whereas Romney…oh, wait.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I love the smell of Troll Desperation in the morning. I smells like…victory!

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

They’re up early today. Must have changed over from two shifts a day to three. That Obama water don’t just carry itself, you know!

Naturally Curly on October 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

You sound desperate. Scared?

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I especially like the part where you strikeout your own foolishness.

By all means chickenhawk, enlist and go fight Russia. I’ll send you cookies in care packages.

8D

tom daschle concerned on October 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

You sound desperate. Scared?

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Your the team that’s followed up a whipping with an extended whine.

It’s going to be a close race, unlike some of my less seasoned colleagues, I never thought otherwise.

The desperate and scared thing, though? A little tired.

Chickenhawk?

Naturally Curly on October 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Gotta early vote in Ohio today. It’s a seven hour drive…

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I’ll take our blustery preppie over your commie douche bag any day.

Rio Linda Refugee on October 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Your the team

Let us relish in this brilliant use of the English language.

He is me lauding plaudits to the reprobate leftist.

Damn it is going to be a good day, I might even go out to the range to shoot my AK.

tom daschle concerned on October 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Here

tom daschle concerned on October 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

commie

It’s funny how you have no idea what “communist” means.

Also funny that you’re favorite rhetorical devise is a pathetic echo of discredited 50′s fearmongers.

Before I started visiting here, I thought people as stupid as this had all died out or taken up reality TV as a hobby. It’s like seeing a dinosaur.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

How come the majority of polls show Ryan winning the debate, along with the opinions of the majority of pundits, Conservative and Liberal?

Your messiah and his comic relief are circling down the porcelain receptacle.

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

He is me lauding plaudits to the reprobate leftist.

tom daschle concerned on October 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM

From one grammarian to another, hey?

Sin, stones.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Are you still going to post here after Obama loses?

Please do, because it will be fun to hear all your excuses. While the country celebrates with President-Elect Romney, people like you will be reduced to posting wannabe-provocative, hateful, cliched left-wing insults on conservative websites like this one.

bluegill on October 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

And you would have done…what? More imaginary thinking from the Left. That’s why they should never hold power.

Cleombrotus on October 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Your messiah and his comic relief are circling down the porcelain receptacle.

kingsjester on October 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

All the sudden polls are reliable?

Because Biden’s job wasn’t to “win” the debate, though, as you admit, he did well in some polls.

He had to energize the base, stop the bleeding, change the storyline, and make Ryan look like the the overhyped post-adolescent that he did — all of which he did.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Cleombrotus on October 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

You forget your party’s core belief: that Republicans are so tough that no Russkie would dare invade his neighbor. And that posturing gasbaggery will scare them off.

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM

urban elitist on October 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Just a few more days for to tote the weary pantload. But take heart–you’ll still have Nanny Bloomberg to regulate how you live your life, so you won’t have the stress of deciding for yourself.

Naturally Curly on October 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM