Oh my: Romney up 7 in new VA poll

posted at 11:21 am on October 12, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

A new poll from McLaughlin & Associates, highlighted by Breitbart’s Tony Lee, provides even more supporting evidence for Suffolk University’s conclusion that there’s not much chance of Barack Obama winning the state.  Mitt Romney has taken a seven-point lead and grabbed a majority, 51/44, in the survey taken on Monday and Tuesday of 600 likely voters in the state.  More importantly, Romney has a double-digit lead among independents (via Drudge Report):

According to a McLaughlin & Associates poll that had an R+.02 sample, Romney leads Obama in Virginia 51%-44%.

Among independents, Romney beats Obama by 11 points, 50%-39%.

If these numbers hold for Romney, Romney could be free to expand the electoral map and more aggressively make plays for states like Michigan and Pennsylvania that were considered “reaches” just two weeks ago.

The sample in this case was almost exactly split between Republicans and Democrats, with independents overshadowing both.  The D/R/I was 30.3/30.5/38.2.  That, however, is a pretty far cry from 2008′s 39/33/27, or even 2009′s 33/37/30, at least in terms of the independent vote.  Oversampling independents will drive Romney’s top-line numbers up higher, and while Republican enthusiasm is up nationwide, the number of federal government employees in Virginia might dampen that in the Commonwealth.

The split between Republicans and Democrats seem reasonable as an electoral model, however.  It is almost evenly split between 2008 and 2009 turnout, and so gives us a pretty decent predictive model while taking the oversample of independents into consideration.  But even on that score, there isn’t much solace for Team Obama in these numbers.  Obama won independents in 2008 by a single point, 49/48, on his way to a six-point win in Virginia.  If Romney’s leading independents by eleven — and 229 voters is a pretty decent subsample for state polling — then Obama has almost no chance of prevailing without a massive increase in Democratic enthusiasm, one that would have to far surpass anything seen in 2008.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

C’mon, man! *SMILE* *SMIRK*

MALARKEY

SouthernGent on October 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

That’s a very good party breakdown for Virginia. Virginia does not have party registration and large numbers of people always identify themselves as independents. It’s a point of pride for Virginians.

rockmom on October 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Up in VA.
Up in NH.
Up in FL.
Up in CO.
Up in NC.

You know, I never believed all of the “blowout” talk, but I might be coming around.

Abby Adams on October 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Oligatory!

22044 on October 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Pokemybutt in 3..2..1..

wargamer6 on October 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Romney is going to gain all the independents peeling off, more single women and mothers, and more white men past the novelty of voting for the first african-american President just so they could say they did.

This is no bounce, this is a major swing-surge for Romney.

nitzsche on October 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Out: ATOMIC BOMB

In: MALARKEY

22044 on October 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

You’re Damn Right He Is!

Bmore on October 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Biden’s assinine debate performance will drive the Dems further down in the polls. His foreign policy comments made Jimmy Carter look like a foreign policy genius.

bloggless on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Just got a snap poll in VA a couple of minutes ago…

Questions on:
Who are you voting for as President?

Who are you voting for as Senator?

Is the country on the right path or wrong path?

That was it, 3 questions, short and to the point. No list of candidates either.

Someone is seeing what is going on in VA.

ajacksonian on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Team Obama is definitely not throwing in the towel in Virginia either. They’re flogging the War on Women especially hard there, trying to drive turnout in Arlington, Fairfax, and Alexandria. The Kaine-Allen Senate race is also neck and neck. Kaine may actually be helping Obama.

rockmom on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

There’s a lot of hand wringing about a tie in the electoral college, so let’s aim for 300. But I’d be lying if I said it didn’t make me happy to see the RCP map shift yesterday.

Mittmentum…or Romentum?

CitizenEgg on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Up in VA.
Up in NH.
Up in FL.
Up in CO.
Up in NC.

Abby Adams on October 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

And Biden delivered the death knell last night. Congrats Joe, stand up and take a bow.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Obama is going to be banging his shoe on the desk for the next debate.

Oil Can on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Yeah the late deciders are deciding with the challenger as they always do.

mitchellvii on October 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I can sum up the Obama campaign in 1 word…(in honor of the soon to be EX-VP)

ABANDON SHIP!

Meople on October 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Romney is pulling away as regular people (not just us political junkies) begin paying attention to the race. Just as I thought would happen…although I’ll admit I got nervous there for a bit.

DRayRaven on October 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Joe Biden will get those independents back. Just you wait! Nothing appeals to the center more than wild-eyed old men laughing through a serious discussion about war, the economy, and the dismal state of our country.

Passion!1!!!!!1111!

Punchenko on October 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

rockmom on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

No, I think they’ll keep on battling for VA to the end. VA and OH are pretty much Obama’s firewall.

changer1701 on October 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Latest movement from RCP:

DATE STATE PREVIOUS STATUS NEW STATUS
10/11 Michigan . . Leans Obama »»» Toss Up
10/10 New Hampshire . . Leans Obama »»» Toss Up
10/10 Pennsylvania . . Leans Obama »»» Toss Up
10/10 Wisconsin . . Leans Obama »»» Toss Up

Abby Adams on October 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Keep up the pressure. Obama will do better at the next debate, but Romney needs to go in with the same attitude and provide confirmation to the leaners that he is for real. If he is in the middle of zinging Obama and gets interrupted he needs to finish anyway. Don’t let them bully you.

Wigglesworth on October 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

When I moved to VA it wasn’t a ‘swing state’.

If this sort of polling is what people in the traditional ‘swing states’ get, I’ll let you know that I feel your pain. And me with an unlisted land line, too.

ajacksonian on October 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Out: ATOMIC BOMB

In: MALARKEY

22044 on October 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

…and I was expecting “literally” 82 times in 45 minutes…only to be disappointed…must have taken all 6 days of prepping to get that word out of Biteme’s system.

KOOLAID2 on October 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

This conventional wisdom that Government workers in NOVA are more likely to vote for Obama I think is wrong. Just remember that DC is surrounded on 60-70% of the beltway by Maryland too. It’s not automatic that even a majority in NOVA will go for Obama….

Youngs98 on October 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Just wait until the American public has time to absorb the 7.8 ATOMIC BOMB and the Big Bird commercial.

midgeorgian on October 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I think we’re starting to witness, as Ace states, the Preference Cascade.

WisRich on October 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I don’t want to get too cocky, but if Romney can score some good points in the next debate, he’ll seal the deal for sure.

I can see a blowout from my house!

Thomas More on October 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I continue to say prayers that Romney and Ryan win this November.

Four more weeks.

Lourdes on October 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Youngs98 on October 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Well, speaking from Arlington, all I can tell you is that if Obama takes NOVA it will not be from lack of effort by the VA GOP.

Happy Nomad on October 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I can see a blowout from my house!

Thomas More on October 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Yes, a sentiment most of us share – I certainly do.

We have got to win next month. Got to do it.

Lourdes on October 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Polls still suck and I still hate them.

trigon on October 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I never bought the ‘landslide’ talk. But maybe?

I live in Fairfax, and haven’t seen a single sign for either candidate. I take that as a win for Romney. If Obama’s voting base here is depressed, NoVa won’t be able to compensate for the rest of the state.

Washington Nearsider on October 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

rockmom on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Team O is spending a lot of time down in Hampton Roads too. They’re definitely making an all out effort in Virginia.

dczombie on October 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Frankly, I have always found the idea that VA, NC, and FLA were up for grabs as ridiculous. The only time a Democrat has come close to winning these states in recent history is in a very bad Republican year. I can understand someone convincing themselves Obama could win reelection but you would have to be brain dead to think this would be an outright bad year for Republicans. The Republican nominee, no matter who it would have been, has had VA, FLA, IND & NC locked up since 2010. I think that is probably true of Ohio too.

Rocks on October 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

The dems are going to need a reeally big distraction very very soon.
Wonder what it will be?

Mimzey on October 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Polls still suck and I still hate them.

trigon on October 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Can’t be trusted!

I mean, really, if they are down to polling ME, then they are in very sad straights.

ajacksonian on October 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Gmbypky: “Virginia looks solid for Obama.” “This should be fun.”

Having fun, Gum? Come tell us how much fun you’re having.

Bat Chain Puller on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Come on man, I was there!

Curtiss on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

This is 1980 all over again. Voters just needed to be reassured of Romney at debate. And instead of “holding his own,” he won the biggest landslide in debate history.

#GameOver.

kevinkristy on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

hmmm

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I feel so sad for Kunta Kinte.

John the Libertarian on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Every poll showing Romney ahead is wrong, biased, racist, and unfair. They all include Republicans, after all.

Love,
The Left

Liam on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

the last week romney will be in PA, NM, MI and MN looks like.

t8stlikchkn on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

2009 turn out? Should that be 2010 or was there some major off year election in VA?

Other than that while the numbers are nice I just don’t trust polls in general(or pollsters as I refused to pick up a call Caller-ID said was from Gallop).

Betenoire on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I continue to say prayers that Romney and Ryan win this November.

Four more weeks.

Lourdes on October 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hopefully it is his will. I pray everynight as well.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Romney & Ryan will be appearing in Richmond shortly.

22044 on October 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Wigglesworth on October 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

The townhall will be interesting, because it doesn’t really allow for the back and forth of the other debates. I expect the media to declare an Obama victory, since he set the bar so incredibly low last week, but as long as Romney doesn’t commit any major gaffe and continues to go after Obama’s record I think he’ll be OK.

The last debate is a sit down one focused solely on foreign policy, and I think Obama will run into trouble there.

changer1701 on October 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

the last week romney will be in PA, NM, MI and MN looks like.

t8stlikchkn on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I got an e-mail from the MN GOP – American Future Fund’s poll has Romney within margin of error.

That is SHOCKING.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

The dems are going to need a reeally big distraction very very soon.
Wonder what it will be?

Mimzey on October 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

morris predicts nuclear freeze pact with iran.

t8stlikchkn on October 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

hmmm

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!. ‘hmmm’ is what you come up with? I thought “Virginia looks solid for Obama.”

The reason Democrats can’t fathom why lower tax rates increases overall revenue is because they believe the economy to be a static entity.

Apparently, they believe polls are too.

Washington Nearsider on October 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

From CNBC…

Consumer Sentiment Rises Unexpectedly to 5-Year High

David Paul Morris | Bloomberg | Getty Images
The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan’s preliminary October reading on the overall index on consumer sentiment came in at 83.1, up from 78.3 the month before, and the highest since September 2007, the survey showed on Friday.

It was well above the median forecast for a slight decline to 78 among economists polled by Reuters.

The new buoyancy among consumers comes shortly after the U.S. unemployment rate tumbled to its lowest level in nearly four years in September as more people returned to the workforce and found jobs than economist had predicted. (Read more: America’s Highest Paying Jobs)

“We are getting some quite interesting signals from consumer sentiment and employment data — both (the) unemployment rate and initial claims — that there has been some quite significant improvement in the economy,” said David Sloan, an economist at 4Cast in New York.

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

The dems are going to need a reeally big distraction very very soon.
Wonder what it will be?

Mimzey on October 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

One Wag-the-Dog coming right up.

Curtiss on October 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Those of you who don’t like http://www.unskewedpolls.com/ don’t click on it.

It’s really that simple.

davidk on October 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Romney up 7 in Florida, up 7 in Virginia, and gumbyandpokey nowhere to be found.

Right Mover on October 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

hmmm

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Have a good day!

22044 on October 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Rocks on October 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I think your instincts are dead-on. I never really believed VA was in play this time around. And NC being in play again was an even bigger joke. I see FL and OH going for Romney, too.

I used to live in VA, and now I live in PA. PA is definitely in play, but it’s been like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown one too many times for me. I’m volunteering to work the phones for Romney, and I’m hopeful – I just don’t want to be hugely disappointed if the dead people and cartoon characters voting in Philadelphia/Pittsburgh wind up overwhelming the rest of the state.

DRayRaven on October 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Betenoire on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

VA always votes for Governor and the House of Delegates the year after the Presidential election.

And you are right about the polls. The same time this poll came out yesterday another one from Quinniapac (or however you spell it) had Obama up by a few points. They were being reported on the same newscasts as if the other wasn’t out there.

Happy Nomad on October 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I never bought the ‘landslide’ talk. But maybe?

Washington Nearsider on October 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

a 47%er (potus approval) has never had a chance. and the polls once corrected have been showing it for months guy. dont believe the liberal memes. they are indeed lies. relax. and if you have any fireworks, set them aside for about 10pm Nov 6. i am launching all i’ve got saved in the garage from my last trip to SC.

t8stlikchkn on October 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

morris predicts nuclear freeze pact with iran.

t8stlikchkn on October 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Not big enough to save him. Everyone would know it’s just temporary BS in a lame attempt to save Obama’s a$$. It would also be VERY apparent to most that Iran is actively trying to help Obama, which would be yet another turn off to any mythical “independents”.

Hate to disagree with Dick, but that’s my take.

Meople on October 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

changer1701 on October 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Yep, Obama on foreign policy without TOTUS? I predict a new “Um, um, um, and let me be clear, um, um, um” video after that.

Marcola on October 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Once the VA and FL poll numbers take hold, RCP’s electoral vote count is finally going to flip over to a Romney lead for the first time. That’ll be nice to see.

smellthecoffee on October 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Happy Nomad on October 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I live in the nearby-very-liberal enclave of Alexandria, and Romney signs out-number Obama signs about 3 to 1.

bigmacdaddy on October 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

We can afford to be complacent, two more hideous debates to go.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Wigglesworth on October 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

The next debate is the townhall style with questions from real Americans. Obama is going to have a tough time because he has to answer for his record. He can’t be overly aggressive in this format because it will totally destroy any likeability he still has. Romney just has to be himself, ignore Obama, and talk directly to the voters. Ryan won last night on likeability, with women, with independents etc.

And the last debate…foreign policy. Obama will be 0 for 4.

monalisa on October 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Betenoire on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

In 2009, 2010, 2011 turnout was one that turned Democrats out of office. For VA ’09 and ’11 were better percentage wise than in the ’90s, but that is only going by memory. Locally the three saw lines in to vote in all three years, but short ones in ’09 and ’11, and not that bad by 3PM in ’10. Basically the electorate in VA has been paying attention since ’08 and Obamacare ram through and isn’t going back to sleep.

That is why all the ‘swinginess’ seen by outsiders is amusing: Obama can’t get a local Democrat running for office on the off-years to stand on the stage with him in VA.

ajacksonian on October 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I’ve predicted all along that Obama will win Ohio, Virginia and Florida, while Romney takes NC.

gumbyandpokey on October 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Chuck Schick on October 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

The democrites and their media still have a nuculer option…….
I’m sure of it.

FlaMurph on October 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I can sum up the Obama campaign in 1 word…(in honor of the soon to be EX-VP)

ABANDON SHIP!

Meople on October 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I see what you did there.

0bama’s campaign is also like Seinfeld in that it’s all about NOTHING!

UltimateBob on October 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Aw found it! My husband saw this,but I couldn’t find it anywhere!!!! Thanks Ed… now I’ll read it.

petunia on October 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

fingers crossed, and praying like a mother that Mitt can hold firm for Tuesdays debate. if he can, he’s a lock. he will OWN barry in the last debate for sure.

GhoulAid on October 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

bigmacdaddy on October 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I live in CA and it’s been about 1 to 2 for Romney. Obama will CA, but only by 4%.

Oil Can on October 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Hat Tip davidk

hmmm

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Have a good day!

22044 on October 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Laugh you little piece of clay.

Bmore on October 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I’m not sure why you’re so focused on consumer sentiment, because no president has been re-elected with a number lower than 94. 83 still isn’t something to brag about.

changer1701 on October 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

The twittersphere is favoring Ryan. @joebiden if anyone is interested.

22044 on October 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

t8stlikchkn on October 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Dare to Dream…

I think I can acquire some ground-launched incendiaries. What a party I’d throw. Seriously. When the nation you love pulls itself back from the brink, you are pretty much required to throw a huge-azz celebration. Fourth of July style.

Washington Nearsider on October 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Both of you. Ha!

Bmore on October 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

hmmm

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

What about the Big Bird bounce Obama was getting?

midgeorgian on October 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

In the next debate Romney ought to command Obama to “Say my name!!”

Uncledave on October 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

We can afford to be complacent, two more hideous debates to go.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

While it’s true we can’t afford to be complacent, Uncle Ho Joe carried on the tone of Obama.

I really expected Biden to do something a bit different, to come out swinging with something we never before heard from the Administration. I truly thought Joe might be able to lay waste, in some small sum, to our side.

But he didn’t. Good for us!

I’ll let go Obama’s lackluster performance, just for sake of Joe last night.

Maybe Ryan didn’t clean Joe’s clock. But he didn’t have to. Joe cleaned his own.

Liam on October 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I am honestly concerned for the first time in my life about the transition. I have always just assumed there would be an orderly peaceful transition in January following an election. Looking at how nasty the Obummer Admin has become and at how nasty the Obummer campaign has always been, I am genuinely concerned.

Jason Taylor Sacked You on October 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

C’mon, man! *SMILE* *SMIRK*

MALARKEY

SouthernGent on October 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

You were first, and you were funny.

BettyRuth on October 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

U.S. consumer sentiment unexpectedly rose to its highest level in five years in October as consumers became more optimistic about the overall economy in a possible boost to President Obama’s reelection hopes next month. the likelihood that the most destructive President in the nation’s history would soon be replaced by Mitt Romney.

Right Mover on October 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Here’s some consolation…..
When the economy turns around under President Romney..Q1-Q2 next year, and then later returns to 3% growth and job creation keeps pace with new workers entering into the work force—-

liberals can take all the credit for it.

FlaMurph on October 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Mittmentum…or Romentum?

CitizenEgg on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I think Mittmentum has more of a forcefulness and push to it.

stukinIL4now on October 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

That is SHOCKING.

gophergirl on October 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Those professors in Colorado with their prediction model have MN in the Romney category, although one of them admitted that if he had to pick a state that they think they got wrong (their model is right for about 45 states on average) he would pick Minnesota.

strictnein on October 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

ARG New Hampshire

Romney 50
Obama 46

ka-BOOM!

Chuck Schick on October 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Clay Wad hardest hit.

SparkPlug on October 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Jason Taylor Sacked You on October 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I’m with you there. If I was Romney, I would make Obama the first “President” that is escorted from the White House by security. Otherwise, those wacko children that have been in charge the last 4 years, may very well burn the place down behind them.

Meople on October 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I’m feeling that 1980 Deja Vu again.

Stand up, Chuck!

kingsjester on October 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Obama is going to be banging his shoe Koran on the desk for the next debate.

Oil Can on October 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Fixed…

PatriotRider on October 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Lots of folks will be sorely disappointed when reality bites them.
I am in the middle of business forecasting for 2013.
Not a single person I’ve talked to, about 100 people, have anything optimistic in THEIR planning. NOT ONE.
Actually, that’s not true. Tort lawyers feel that they will be active going after businesses.

Jabberwock on October 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Yeah. The country is beginning to realize there won’t be any more Bamster come January.

If this Romney trend holds, look for rallies in nearly everything.

trigon on October 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Very interesting. Everyone is so intrigued by by why Suffolk would simply say VA, FL and NC are red.

We are getting strong indications from Florida of what they saw. And now we get a little bit from VA… I hope more is coming.

Biden could not have helped last night… he played right into the current scandal…

Someone should check the briefings that Obama got on his Ipad. Because Biden says they didn’t know! They didn’t know!!!! That is the excuse of the day. They didn’t know anything at all!!! Not about the requests for more security, not about the terrorist attack, not about the date being important!!!

Cluelessness is not an acceptable trait in a President.

petunia on October 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Headline at Drudge says Obamuh has a lock on only 7 states right now–and I’d say don’t concede Illinois yet for a lock.

stukinIL4now on October 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The main job of a VP pick for the challenger at a debate is to make the case for the guy at the top of the ticket. Ryan did a good job of playing Robin to Romney’s Batman. Romney is clearly the better debater and the more authoritative figure, and that’s how it should be.

Ryan talked up Romney, and pointed out Romney’s modesty. Biden talked about how he’s know Bibi Netanyahu for almost as long as Obama has been alive.

ardenenoch on October 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM