Stephanie Cutter: Benghazi is only an issue because of Romney and Ryan; Update: NYT more or less agrees

posted at 4:04 pm on October 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

The key bit comes in the last 20 seconds but I’m giving you four full minutes because I want you to watch her blithely assure CNN at the beginning that “the administration has been open and honest since day one about the Benghazi attack.” The administration she’s referring to there is the same one that had a dozen or so different intelligence reports flowing in within the first few hours after the attack pointing to an Al Qaeda connection and yet still sent Susan Rice out to lie to the media about a “spontaneous protest” five days later. CNN helpfully refreshes her memory with a lowlight reel of White House spin, whereupon a cornered flack falls back on her most basic impulse in a desperate situation: She blames the other party for making a big deal out of nothing. And by “nothing,” I mean the murder of the U.S. ambassador and three American consulate personnel.

Ace thinks this is a consummate Kinsleyan gaffe, revealing the Obama campaign’s survival instinct at its most rat-like in the aftermath of Benghazi. Could be, but it’s hard to picture Gibbs or Ben LaBolt saying something like this even in a desperate moment. There’s something here specific to Cutter herself and her Orwellian approach to spin. You saw another example of it just a few hours ago. There’s no reality too real that she won’t cheerfully deny it or blame the other side for it, no matter how highly stacked the facts are against her. The only person I can think of who operates the same way is Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, and it makes both of them simply terrible spokesmen and liabilities for their party. I’m seeing calls in the last few hours for OFA to fire her for these comments, but I hope they don’t. She helps us more than she does them.

Update: Via Josh Trevino, it seems the “politicization” of the Benghazi attacks has discouraged the world’s most influential newspaper from devoting much coverage to Issa’s hearings. File this away mentally for when President Romney’s foreign policy is instantly “politicized” next year:

Baquet and Abramson’s remarks come in response to criticism from the paper’s own public editor, Margaret Sullivan, who objected to the editors decision not run its story about the hearings on today’s front page. Both the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal gave yesterday’s hearings prominent play on their front pages, above the fold. The Times placed its story on page A3.

Baquet, who oversees the paper’s afternoon editorial meeting, told Sullivan he “didn’t think there was anything significantly new in it.”

“It’s three weeks before the election and it’s a politicized thing, but if they had made significant news, we would have put it on the front,” he said.

Abramson, who described the paper’s Libya coverage as “excellent and very muscular,” also suggested the hearings were politicized, telling Sullivan that she had told editors “to weigh the news value against the reality that Congressional hearings are not all about fact-finding.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

of course NYT buries this story, it’s a dem president for cripe sakes

sheesh!

_________________________

drink one for me tonight HA crew…will not be able to join you all this lovely evening….

cmsinaz on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Allah Jim Messina retweeted it, using Cutter’s own standards this is now the official position of Obama.

harlekwin15 on October 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Man, I just find it hard to believe they are going to roll with this as an official talking point. It just reinforces the concept of an administration which lies without even a blush. Who the hell is telling them this doesn’t do more harm? They have to have done some focus groups on this….or maybe not.

a capella on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

So “politicized” is now defined as “reveals Obama’s incompetence in performing the duties of his job as President”.

gwelf on October 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

We need to triage the best issues for us now, and with discipline try to concentrate on those issues like a laser.

No, this is good for us, sharpens Romney’s foreign policy cred prior to the Town Hall and the foreign policy debate.

Also extends the civil war that is coming b/w the Clinton and the Obama factions. Appearances notwithstanding, Bill Clinton is not going to allow Hillary to get thrown under the bus.

The paid ads and stump speeches can carry the economic message for a few days, particularly on a “good” day for Obama, with a fake reduction in unemployment claims. Cutter stepped on their own message.

Let Cutter keep talking.

matthew8787 on October 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

With one ill-advised sentence, @stefcutter confirms that the Obama Admin. believes the massacre of 4 Americans is simply fodder for spin.

From Ace’s FourTwoZero tweet.

This must, must be hammered home.

mwbri on October 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Fox News’ timeline must have caused CNN some heartache…

d1carter on October 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Indeed. I saw it last night on Breet Baier’s program and it was pretty good. It was lot more thorough than the dinky 15 second one that CNN did in this video clip (although, for CNN, even that was more than I would have expected).

UltimateBob on October 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM

petunia on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Unfortunately, that is probably the most we will hear out of the Romney camp about this. They are very good at putting out press releases and moving on.

Mark1971 on October 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Stephanie Cutter and DWS need to be taken out to pasture and shot as the rabid b1tches they are. They don’t have an ounce of honesty in either of them unless the honesty benefits them.

SauerKraut537 on October 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

They must be getting desperate because this is an incredibly lame and stupid thing to say. The majority of the public will not buy this and even the incredibly Obama-slanted press will not back it up. The mirage of the “incredibly disciplined” Obama campaign geniuses is disappearing before our eyes.

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Victoria Nuland
Spokesperson
Daily Press Briefing
Washington, DC
September 13, 2012

TRANSCRIPT:

1:29 p.m. EDT

MS. NULAND: All right, everybody. I apologize for being late. We had a lot of material to go through this morning before coming to see you.

Before we start, let me just take this opportunity to thank all of you in the press and everyone out there in the international community for their condolences, for their solidarity with us, in the face of the tragic events in Benghazi. And with that, let’s go to what’s on your minds.

QUESTION: Can you – just to begin, yesterday on the conference call, an official suggested that a lot of the information was preliminary and it could change.

So the first thing I would like to know if there is anything in the timeline that was offered to us yesterday
**********************************************

– if there’s anything to add to that or if there’s anything significantly different about what we were told yesterday.

MS. NULAND: I don’t have anything significantly different from what you heard in the backgrounding call. I think the degree to which we’re able to update this information or deepen it, it’s going to be in the context of beginning to interview our employees who are coming out and beginning to participate in the investigation that the Libyans are doing. So frankly, I don’t have anything that’s particularly helpful.

QUESTION: So as far – okay. But as far as you know right now, everything that was in that timeline, including the specifics about there only being three people inside when the – and getting separated and all of that, and you don’t have any more clarity on exactly when Ambassador Stevens died, i.e., at the compound or then later at the hospital – it was unclear yesterday – there’s no new information (inaudible)?(More….)
=======================================

canopfor on October 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Yep this was a mere bump in the road, a molehill if you will, and no one at all cared about 4 dead Americans on the anniversary of 9/11 until Romney and Ryan made a mountain out of it. The jerks.

Lily on October 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

cmsinaz on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I got ya covered, Bro (or Sista). I’ll be watching with my bottle of Woodford Reserve at my side.

UltimateBob on October 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Mitt Romney responds.

“President Obama’s campaign today said that Libya is only an issue because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. They’re wrong. The reason it is an issue is because, for the first time since 1979, an American ambassador was assassinated and President Obama’s foreign policy strategy of ‘leading from behind’ is failing. This administration has continually misled the American public about what happened in Benghazi and, rather than be truthful about the sequence of events, has instead skirted responsibility and dodged questions. The American people deserve straight answers about this tragic event and a president who can provide leadership, not excuses.”

al on October 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

gwelf on October 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I suspect Romney and Ryan will be saying something along these lines at their debates — and it will be devastating for Zero.

Rational Thought on October 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

This harpy cutter and all like her with bho/team are beyond sane! This krap they all are out flinging against the wall to cya bho/hill is getting fast past the point of being funny!

Harpy cutter have you gotten with the families of those killed to see if R&R had SQUAT to do with this?

I want to say more, but I would get banned if I did!
L

letget on October 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Stephanie needs a man. Not Big Bird. Not an imaginary man. A real man.

faraway on October 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

And that’s the issue with all of these liberal feminists.
They’ve been raised – read educated – that they don’t need men.
That’s the lie that gets all the other lies started.

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

a capella on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

They are a media creation I’d say the success of the ’08 campaign was 20/20/60 McCain/Obama/Media The media is not unified in carrying their water on this and they are imploding.

harlekwin15 on October 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Seriously, the main reason the Benghazi incident is in the news is because it was the first assassination of an American diplomat since 1979, and her boss has been trying very hard to cover it up.

The shameless manner in which they have tried to cover up their incompetence by blaming some film is truly horrifying.

bobcalco on October 11, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Cutter = Tokyo Rose!

(Snark)

canopfor on October 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Good to know this wouldn’t be news without R&R, isn’t it ???
Now, hold on, just a minute … What about that dramatically politicized ‘coming home’ ceremony, eh ???

Holy crapoli, stop the world …. !!

pambi on October 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Cleanup, Aisle 4:40, please.

Christien on October 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

DWS and Cutter…. where do they find people this stupid?

ultracon on October 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I agree. Based on my experience tangling with leftists on another blog, and one particularly rabid one who worked for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette – they really believe the filth they spew.

22044 on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

They believe in the “cause”.

the_nile on October 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

As I said at Ace’s place, if the Obama campaign is being honest with itself, Cutter doesn’t get fired.

This is how Obama actually feels about this. Plain and simple.

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Stephanie Cutter and DWS: vying for the title of “Baghdad Bob”

Troy Rasmussen on October 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM

What a douche!! That is kind of like saying cancer wouldn’t be an issue if people would stop talking about it. At least some cancer victims have a fighting, our ambassador and those other three brave gentleman…not so much.

TturnP on October 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Veteran CBS reporter refutes Crazee Cutter.

RepubChica on October 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I can’t wait for Cutter or verbaluce to explain why Sean Smith’s mother’s moral authority is any less absolute than Cindy Sheehan’s.

SDN on October 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Sorry, fighting chance is what I ment to say

TturnP on October 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I know that ideology trounces reason, but many times I wonder if any semblance of integrity clicks in the heads of Cutter, Reed, Pelosi, Carney, Obama, etc, when thet are defending points long disproven. Does anything click, at least in their heads, that says “I know I am lying badly and I’m in the wrong with what I am saying”?

Does anyone get that saying “yes, we made a mistake” is alright, and might even get you a few extra votes for honesty?

But, of course, I am not surpised coming from this administration considering that our dear leader believes that he has done nothing wrong in 4 years except not appearing in even more talk shows to “explain things better”.

ptcamn on October 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

22044 on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

My experience, too. But what bothers me most about their ideology is that they change rules and goalposts on an as-needed basis. Then they forget what they said before–it doesn’t count; it never happened/that’s not what I meant; that was then and this is now, etc.

I don’t mind dealing with a pr*ck long as he’s consistent, open and honest about it. But these Administration people? Bah!

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

The Obama administration looks at everything as a political matter. Remember when Obama politicized this by doing the campaign speech as the caskets were unloaded in an attempt to look presidential while blaming a stupid video? This is a disaster for Obama and it is getting worse each day. The fact that the NYT thought this should be on A-3 speaks volumes about its irrelevance as a news source. The crossword puzzle is the only thing keeping that rag afloat.

Ellis on October 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM

This is how Obama actually feels about this. Plain and simple.

Hawkins1701 on October 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Of course they do. But they can’t broadcast that to the nation by standing behind this woman and her idiotic remark. Even the media(well most of them anyway) aren’t gonna spin for the administration that Benghazi and the subsequent coverup are no big deal.

Doughboy on October 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM

al on October 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

EXCELLENT Mitt response !! :-)

pambi on October 11, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I want her and Axlerod on the stage with Obama for his concession speech. I want to see their faces…..

ThePrez on October 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM

My neighbor is apparently an alumni of the same college as Cutter and absolutely loves her. Every time Cutter is on I hear a dose of sister love. It is sickening.
If nothing else this month long display of amoral behavior is going to set the Democrats a long long way.
There are lawn signs in Texas praying for a Romney win. I think Cutter and her boss live in an incredible fantasy world. Maybe Big Bird told them this would work.

ORconservative on October 11, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Agreed.
Actually, this world would be a lot better off with more “open and honest pr*cks”.
It’s a badge I’ve been known to wear. :)

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Senator Kerry: …President Bush outsourced the capture of Bin Laden.

Today: Libyan security was adequate for the needs of Ambassador Stevens.

STL_Vet on October 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Riiiiight….

An al Qaeda terrorist attack on 9/11 that murders an American ambassador and three other US citizens wouldn’t be an “issue” if it weren’t for those quaint pesky things called elections and those annoying GOP candidates Romney and Ryan. That and the fact President Rambo taunted al Qaeda throughout his nominating convention, beating his chest about killing Bin Laden and defeating al Qaeda.

Otherwise it would be a non-issue and hardly anyone would say anything about it.

farsighted on October 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Stephanie Cutter for Romney MVP of the week

burserker on October 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

cmsinaz on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

cmsinaz:We will hold down zee Fort,for ya,btw,enjoy your evening:)

canopfor on October 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

NY Times: “We won’t cover this because Republicans are politicizing it.”

NY Times: “We won’t cover this because Republicans aren’t raising the matter.”

See? they can argue it round or they can argue it square.

If Republicans complain, it’s all politics; if they’re silent then the issue isn’t worthy of coverage because “even the Republicans don’t care”.

Lordy…..

SteveMG on October 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

The crossword puzzle is the only thing keeping that rag afloat.

Ellis on October 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I used to love crosswords, but now I can’t do one without some mention of liberal thought oozing out.

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Mark1971 on October 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Maybe not a bad idea. The Left loves getting people bogged down in the minutiae of exact and precise meanings, to quibble about little things of a big matter.

If a timeline says an event happened at 4:58 but the lib has ‘proof’ it occurred at 4:59, the lib will fight you tooth and nail on that matter alone, making it the end-all and be-all of the whole argument. If you’re unwilling to play the game and say a minute doesn’t matter, then the lib calls into question you personally and all you might put forth. I have seen that a thousand times before.

Just think of liberal grammar and spelling nazis for a simpler example of my point.

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM

AP, stop being so obtuse, I still meet liberals every week who believe Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house. If a Republican said the kinds of things this nunchuck is saying, sure, it would hurt Republicans everywhere. But you watch, in 2020 you’ll still be trying to convince Democrats that the Benghazi attack cover-up scandal was anything more than a Romney campaign fantasy. You know it I know it the American people know it. I would a whole lot rather be able to say in 2020, “You don’t have to believe me, your side fired the lying liar who lied about this because they said she was a liar.”

Knott Buyinit on October 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Veteran CBS reporter refutes Crazee Cutter.

RepubChica on October 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

THAT is devastating. Not only are Romney-Ryan NOT politicizing it, but they’re passing on cheap shots. This CBS reporter is so much as saying that Romney passed on a cheap shot that she — and everyone else — KNOWS Zero would have taken. I think the press is starting to realize there’s only one candidate in this race who’s presidential — and it ain’t preezy.

Rational Thought on October 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Agreed.
It’s a badge I’ve been known to wear. :)

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Liberals are so lame they aren’t capable of being even a ‘respectable’ pr*ck.

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Allah,

You using the words “President Romney” made me smile. I think many are starting to believe it actually WILL happen. And that’s exactly the momentum we need to pull this thing off.

GiantOrb on October 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

There is only one question I want to hear from Mitt Romney at the next debate:

“Mr. President, can you please explain why your administration found it necessary to arrest a private citizen, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, in the middle of the night and why is he still being held in seclusion in a federal jail?”

This is one of the most egregious abuses of police power and civil liberties in a generation. Every freakin reporter in the country should be asking about it.

RobertE on October 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

The election can’t come soon enough.

MTF on October 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM

SDN on October 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Maybe she can explain why there was a jump to arms from a single person calling Sandra Fluke a “slut” (a term which, btw, many feminists have been calling themselves during demonstrations), yet not even a pip about the the number of truly nasty insults Stacey Dash over her choice of candidate.

Asking for voter ID to cast a vallot? = “Oh, no! That’s voter supression for minorities!!!”
Calling a female activist a name for making a flimsy case about why everyone should pay for her lifestyle? = “It’s an attack on lady parts!!! A war on all women!!! Down with freedom of expression!!!”
Receiving insults and intimidation for expressing your choice of candidate when you are a minority not voting for the guy you are supposed to? = ” Nothing to see here. That’s freedom of expression.”

ptcamn on October 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

RobertE on October 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

++++

ORconservative on October 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM

We can be certain that the MSM Journolisters will all rediscover on Nov.7th the skepticism, the curiosity and the determination to get to the bottom of things that have been missing in action for the last four years.

novaculus on October 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Me, too. Pretty sad when the messaging runs that deep.

thatsafactjack on October 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM

novaculus on October 11, 2012 at 5:06 PM

They’ve been laying down markers to point back to, when they inevitably get called for that, for the last couple of months.

thatsafactjack on October 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Boom! Twitter from CBS Jan Crawford;

Jan Crawford@JanCBS
@buzzfeedandrew On the trail, Romney almost never hits Benghazi. He had an easy shot yesterday in OH, in response to a question, and passed.

jimver on October 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Two hours after this story broke and she is still getting slammed, and I mean slammed, about this on Twitter.

Flora Duh on October 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM

RobertE on October 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

FREE NAKOULA!

Although I don’t have much sympathy for an idiot parole violator, he doesn’t deserve this. I hear he’s asking to be put into the general prison population. Is he asking for martyrdom or just being snarky?

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM

So the left is apparently content with leaders and spokespersons who are either 1) utterly and openly dishonest and unethical, or 2) utterly and openly psychotic and in need of medication, forced hospitalization and many, many years of serious professional help.

Midas on October 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

In leftist land the outing of Valerie Plame was OMG! Horrors! Frogmarch! How many months did we endure the the hand-wringing and hyper-ventilating over that?

But 4 Americans slaughtered needlessly? Meh – Bump in the road. Look! a squirrel! Big bird!!!

kooly on October 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Treacher twitter:)

“Hi, welcome to Applebee’s! How many are in your party tonight?” — @stefcutter in 6 months

jimver on October 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Thanks Bob and Canopfor :)

cmsinaz on October 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Midas on October 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I’d give them the same medical treatment as a lame horse.

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I almost feel bad for her. She gets thrown into interviews having to defend the crap that is coming from the White House all in the name of protecting obama in the present and hillary in the future.

I hope the job pays well and is worth getting your reputation destroyed in order to protect these two goofs

she reminds me of those fools who had to vouch for clinton right after lewinsky

Stephanie needs a man. Not Big Bird. Not an imaginary man. A real man.

faraway on October 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I volunteer

analog kid on October 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Disgraceful.

Terrye on October 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Big bird is the new ‘squirrel’.

pat on October 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Big bird!!!

kooly on October 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Squirrel – out
Big Bird – teh new hawtness

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Midas on October 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

If liberals recognize all your points as true–which they are–it doesn’t matter to them.

Just for your own entertainment…Ask the most die-hard liberal you know who he would rather get rid of: Jihadists who will blow up a shopping mall, or American Conservatives.

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

What is OFA?

Terrye on October 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Hey, its the cover up sweetheart.

Speakup on October 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I volunteer

analog kid on October 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sorry, he said “a man”.

analog “kid”

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Please note that we are now hearing more about Libya from the Obama campaign mouthpiece than from US government officials.

Speak no evil, eh?

BobMbx on October 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM

RobertE on October 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Did y’all notice how COMPLETELY covered the dude was when arrested ?
Well, if it really WAS him, I sure don’t blame him for that, BUT ….
What if ???…. As Rush started to posit, today …
How do we know that wasn’t just some DNC operative, helping the admin pull the wool over EVERYONE’s eyes ??
I mean … LOOK at this bunch !! Could happen !!!!

pambi on October 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM

What is OFA?

Terrye on October 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM

organizing for america

jimver on October 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM

OFA.

Obama for America. Name of his campaign.

SteveMG on October 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

“Stephanie, you ignorant slut!”

/for those who remember when snl was actually funny

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I give up. What an awful, hideous woman. What else is there to say?

BettyRuth on October 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Obama for America. Name of his campaign.

SteveMG on October 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Can we change it to:

Obama
F-cking
America

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Romney’s and Ryan’s Fault!

farsighted on October 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Copycat(pg 1)
Worth repeating!

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Obama for America. Name of his campaign.

SteveMG on October 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Can we change it to:

Obama
F-cking
America

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Methinks half of america enjoys it…Split personality disorder? :)

jimver on October 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM

22044 on October 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM

That’s the open-mind effect. They have to keep an open mind (Bush is LIAR!) They have to keep an open mind (Rove is the Dark Lord, Satan!)

Basically their emotions have created a self-brainwashing effect vacillating from forced zeal certainty to the psychological soothing sanctuary that they are the ones with the open minds.

Their minds are so open now, the leftists just set stuff there. Because they can open it and snap it shut within seconds.

Axeman on October 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Romney’s and Ryan’s Fault!

farsighted on October 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

We have the Race Card, the Lie Card and the Blame Card.
What game do you play with three cards?

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I’m gonna do that at Thanksgiving.

visions on October 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Copycat(pg 1)
Worth repeating!

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM

GMTA!

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

These people are the lowest of the low. The most corrupt, dishonest administration in American history. Never has an administration – and a party – deserved so much to lose an election. My feeling is: more and more Americans are paying attention, and are sick of these people. I can’t wait for November 6th.

TarheelBen on October 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Like the old Jack Benny joke, where the stick-up man says, “Your money or your life!” – Jack hesitates, the crook says, “Well?”, and Jack replies, “I’m still thinking!”

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I’m gonna do that at Thanksgiving.

visions on October 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I’ll lay dollars to donuts they’ll balk at giving you a straight-up answer–on the mark, on the money–to dodge the question.

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Where’s the update about Issa spitting out classified information and putting American lives at risk?

Dave Rywall on October 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

GMTA!

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Guess my mind is not so great. I had to look up GMTA!

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Ward Cleaver on October 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Jack Benny…I recall him when he was old. Then again, was he ever young?

Rush is the one who first posed the question I put out there. While he says liberals will choose ‘eliminating Conservatives’, I tend to the view that most liberals will have to ‘think about it’.

That, in and of itself, is a bit scary. But it does seem to define liberals, doesn’t it?

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Not that the Republican party or the Romney campaign (or a future Romney administration) would have the will to do it, but the NYT should not be invited to any press briefings and should be ignored completely.

I am not saying they should block out all liberal media outlets, that would be the majority of reporters, I am saying they should make a point of blocking out JUST the New York Times. The paper of record won’t get very far when they have zero access to the leader of the free world. Their circulation is collapsing and their influence is a shadow of its former self, but liberal reporters still look to them to set the news agenda because of their name. That would end fast when they can’t get into the most basic of press briefings.

Daemonocracy on October 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Dave Rywall on October 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Where’s the update about Dave Rywall making stuff up about himself?

arnold ziffel on October 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Dave Rywall on October 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

LOL, this one is upset about national security leaks.

LMAO

Daemonocracy on October 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM

arnold ziffel on October 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I like the part where he pretends to care about his Southern neighbors’ well-being.

Christien on October 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I am not saying they should block out all liberal media outlets…

Daemonocracy on October 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Tell them this, ‘You Gotta Sit in the Back Seat’.

OTTO on October 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM

LOL, this one is upset about national security leaks.

LMAO

Daemonocracy on October 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM

He’s a Canadian, BTW.

In my mind, his opinions don’t rate.

Liam on October 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM