Open thread: The VP debate

posted at 8:31 pm on October 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

9 p.m. ET across the dial. It’s true that VP debates usually don’t matter, and Gallup has the data to prove it. It’s also true that the shellacking Romney gave to the Empty Chair in Denver has created an unusual and unpredictable late swing in momentum. What we’re looking at tonight, then, isn’t so much a potential gamechanger as an opportunity to preserve a game that’s already changed. If Ryan makes a good impression, it’ll cement the impression Romney made at the last debate and give undecideds more confidence in rolling the dice on the new guys. That makes Biden’s task simple: Ensure that Ryan doesn’t make a good impression by calling him a liar, a woman-hater, blah blah. Dave Weigel went back through the Biden debate archive and found that he’s perfectly comfortable in that role:

The Clatworthy debates give us a better idea of Biden’s style than the Palin debate of 2008. That match-up was sui generis. Biden’s job then: Just don’t do anything that would make a swing voter root for the put-upon Hockey Mom. But Biden’s job, in his Senate races, was to humiliate Republicans by pointing out how cruel their policies were, and how little they knew. Abortion and women’s safety issues, which he could never deploy against Palin, are the tools he knows best. When Biden meets Ryan tonight, it would be out of character if he didn’t try to mire him in a discussion of pro-life bills and “legitimate rape.” Plenty of pols use soft language when they have to discuss those issues. Biden doesn’t.

Really, whenever an issue can be mined for pathos, Biden thrives. In the second Clatworthy debate, after the Republican failed to trap the senator into a joint PAC money-pledge press conference (“See if anyone shows up and pays attention to you,” said Biden), moderators switched the discussion to entitlements. It was 1996, and the fiscal problem du jour was whether to balance the budget by 1999 or by 2002. Clatworthy suggested that a privatized Social Security system and privatized Veterans Affairs administration would be more efficient. Biden reacted like he’d just heard a Tourettes patient question the death toll of the Holocaust.

A few days ago I predicted plenty of table-pounding atmospherics from Greasy Joe in the name of re-energizing deflated liberals and winning back wavering middle-class indies. With Obama advisors now telling Politico to expect a “very aggressive” debate, I’ll stand by that. He’s not going to win this on substance, but if he gets outrageously outraged enough, the media will award him the decision on “style” for having effectively channeled their own anger at the prospect of a GOP win. (Besides, it’s the first step in the inevitable “Obama comeback” narrative.) Hope Ryan’s ready to repel a sustained effort to keep him on the defensive, especially since, with Biden’s favorables already underwater, he doesn’t have to worry about coming off as a nice guy. Read Ace for more on why it’s foolish to underestimate him: The moderator’s under pressure not to anger the left the way Jim Lehrer did, all issues — including easy demagogue-able “war on women” trivia — are on the table, and Biden’s proved plenty of times that he’s good enough behind a mic to impress low-information voters. The left needs someone tonight who can grandstand effectively, not out-brainiac Ryan on federal budget minutiae. A guy who got elected to the Senate six times and then to the vice-presidency can grandstand effectively.

Robert Costa has a nice piece on Ryan’s exhaustive debate prep so read that while you’re waiting for the show to start. (Note the bit about Ted Olson mimicking Biden down to his hand gestures.) One obvious X factor: How much time will moderator Martha Raddatz spend on the White House’s Benghazi clusterfark? A Romney advisor told Byron York that Ryan’s prepared to hammer Obama’s “unraveling” foreign policy, but that he probably won’t get into the weeds on Libya and the subsequent cover up. That might be for the best: When it comes to terrible foreign-policy decisions endorsed by his opponent tonight, there’s an awful lot of other ground to cover.

Here’s the handy dandy Hot Air/Townhall widget for debate live-tweeting. If you’re looking for drinking-game rules, Reason has got you covered. Exit quotation: “Joe just needs to be Joe.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 31 32 33 34

Anti-Control on October 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Cindy is a personal friend. I guarentee the right exchange of words right now would make her one of yours too. She is not a person to engage in very bitter exchanges.

Let’s, if we can, just back off a tad and start over.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

…the late Rodney King…Ca…can…can we all just…get along?

KOOLAID2 on October 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

donkichi on October 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

One, can you believe the time? Since you had lunch with us, we finised that tour and since, my unit has been back to RC East and just redeployed again last month. (Without me) We lost a medic within days of coming home to mortar fire that they still cannot do counter-battery on. Still can’t launch Apaches to a POO unless the crew sees the initial engagement.

Two, I’ll take you up on the offer. By now I need a drink.

We have got to win this.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Who is John Galt on October 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Damn, shouldn’t give them obvious advice.

Who is John Galt on October 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Whats with the Hannity hate? – hawkdriver on October 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Not hate…call it disdain. He’s not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and an attentive, intelligent aficionado of talk radio can discern it immediately. I’ve written about this plenty of times previously but can sum it up succinctly now:

Hannity is the poor man’s Rush Limbaugh – a braying, cackling, repetitive simpleton who nevertheless figured out a formula for success: turn a three hour post-Limbaugh radio show into a drawn-out promo for a one hour cable television show.

His style is predictable to the point of insufferable irritation: regular listeners know with certainty that at some point they will hear the following words and phrases: “dirty air and dirty water,” “kids with Down Syndrome and autism,” “blame it on kiosks, ATMs and tsunamis,” and so forth.

You can tell when he’s not speaking from notes or a script by his frequent use of “ummmm…you know” every ten words.

Then there are the interviews: always the same guests and always the same repartee. When he interviews Frank Luntz, you just KNOW that at some point Luntz is going to get teased about how he treats the people in his focus groups. It’s become boring schtick that reminds me of the pudgy, half-retarded kid on the playground who keeps telling you the same joke every day in the expectation you will find it just as hilarious as the previous 729 days he told it to you.

Then there are the “earth-shattering” video revelations that will be a game changer. Remember the last one regarding Obama’s racist speech? Hannity talked it up like it would end the campaign the night it aired – on his cable show, of course, because that’s where he makes the big bucks.

The man is a dim-witted ratings whore. That he shills for conservatism is a benefit, I suppose, but a benefit only if you can tolerate the sound of his voice.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

That commenter is a pretty conservative addition also. It’s fine ALT, let it simmer down.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Manly(?)Gash: Don’t go away mad, just go away for another four years. P*ssy.

the new aesthetic on October 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Are you posting under the influence again?

JPeterman on October 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I’ve been watching debates since Reagan and Carter, and I never saw a debate like this before. I would say the moderator completely failed to keep Joe Biden under control, except it didn’t look like she was trying. I think she wanted it to happen just like this.

Regardless of whether she wanted Biden to be so out of control, she definitely failed at her job of being a moderator.

One thing that’s always been true about these debates is that the opponents may have been paying for smear ads on their opponents all during the campaign, but they always act respectful of their opponents during the debates. I’ve never seen anyone in a presidential or vice-presidential debate act as mocking as Biden did tonight.

Of course, Biden had no real choice. The one thing he could not do was to let the Obama record over the last 4 years be discussed seriously. That’s why he had to pound the table, sneer at his opponent, talk about “the facts” without having any, and so forth.

But Ryan did call him out on the tactic at least twice, and I bet the Romney campaign will be reiterating that point tomorrow: that Biden was on the offense because their record has no defense.

tom on October 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I guess you can start calling me an idiot too then. I respect his dedication to the cause.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

No matter who you think won, can we all agree that…..

Sarah looked fanflippintastic.

KirknBurker on October 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Heck, they both make me seem downright reasonable.

cozmo on October 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Heck, they both make me seem downright reasonable.

cozmo on October 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

pfft, nothing could do that.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

No matter who you think won, can we all agree that…..

Sarah looked fanflippintastic.

KirknBurker on October 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Lol!

Bmore on October 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Good lord, I just saw an add for Chia Romney. NOW, it’s time for a drink…

Kraken on October 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Sorry to hear about the medic. It is always hard to lose a brother. I have two out on long term disability because of the ROE. Hard to bear, but at least they made it.

Well, I live exactly in between DC and Richmond on I 95 (Fredericksburg). If you are coming this way give me a holler. Still using the AKO account, so you can hit me up there. Donkichi at yahoo . com is the alternate.

Hit me up and I will have the smokes, booze, and ice ready for you. Seriously.

donkichi on October 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Hit me up and I will have the smokes, booze, and ice ready for you. Seriously.

donkichi on October 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Travel that way all the time. I’ll take you up on it.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

You are no idiot. And I gave more to cause than most people can begin to imagine.

But there was an upside: I found my true love and she actually agreed to marry me.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:25

Looking forward to it. Don’t be a stranger,

Now, off to bed. Have fun guys!

donkichi on October 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Congratulations! She’s lovely!!! I wish you both eternal bliss.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Sign me up too as an idiot. Hannity has done a lot for conservatism, I wish I could have done as much.

Big Orange on October 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Congrats Manly. She’s a doll.

I’d love to head off to sleep too, but I’m actually troubled with the exchange and compelled to try to get Anti-Control and you to trade a comment at least agreeing we’re all on the same side here. We all want to defeat Obama. We’re all Conservatives in our own way and to our own degrees. But we have a single objective immediately in front of us and we have to stick together to get there.

We need to beat Obama. Not each other. Yes?

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

As my Jooo mother might say, Mazeltov!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Congratulations! She’s lovely!!! I wish you both eternal bliss.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Thank you, Cindy. She is truly the love of my life.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Congratulations! That’s wonderful news!

[jumps up and down, claps hands]

Mary in LA on October 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

We need to beat Obama. Not each other. Yes?

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Amen

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

We need to beat Obama. Not each other. Yes?

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Agreed. Obama must be defeated. I call for a truce.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Amen

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Amen. Once more unto the breach, dear friends…VICTORY ON NOVEMBER 6.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Hannity does a lot of good work for the troops. I have to admit that when Mark Levin starts yelling I change the station also and I can’t listen to Savage at all. I probably agree with 98% of their stands, just not their delivery.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Biden’s debate grin. It all becomes clear: http://twitpic.com/b3aqur

The Zoo Keeper on October 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

:-)

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

No matter who you think won, can we all agree that…..

Sarah looked fanflippintastic.

KirknBurker on October 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Amazing how good a woman can look when pumped full of botox…good grief, it’s okay to age, it happens.

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Agreed. Obama must be defeated. I call for a truce.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I’m all for truce.

Say, for fun — every one that disagrees with me, that side, everyone that agrees with me, this side — separate — there . . . you . . . go. BRB — Going to get my camera.

Axe on October 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Gratulace to you and the lady in red.

JPeterman on October 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Anti-Control, if you’re still about, we’re all friends here mostly. Some of the folks I enjoy commenting with the most on Hot Air are not necessarily folks I first hit it off with initially.

Stop back in and say Hey.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I think Biden’s display will be talked about for years…it was the most disgusting (therefore I was grateful) display of overacting.

It was a case of being coached to well, sure his base loved it, but the ones we want, Ryan captured.

Ryan was a class act, especially the end where he thanked Biden, it made Biden look like a petulant child.

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Already, a Republican ‘laughing Joe’ ad: Biden Laughing at the Issues

slickwillie2001 on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Love Hannity. He always has the best conservative warriors on his show. Like Michelle Malkin & Brent Bozell.

redridinghood on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

33 PAGES!?!?! Goddamn!!! Don’t any of you work for a living?!?!

abobo on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Ceterum autem censeo Obaminem delendam esse …

Arssanguinus on October 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM

33 PAGES!?!?! Goddamn!!! Don’t any of you work for a living?!?!

abobo on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

OBAMAPHONE! It come from his stash…

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM

33 PAGES!?!?! Goddamn!!! Don’t any of you work for a living?!?!

abobo on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

We do.

We didn’t say we were the best workers where we work.

:-)

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM

33 PAGES!?!?! Goddamn!!! Don’t any of you work for a living?!?!

abobo on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I’m working now and have been doing so all day.

JPeterman on October 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hey Dire!

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Stop back in and say Hey.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM

My God!

It just hit me.

We (myself included) can all be a bit too Biden sometimes.

Except without the video or sound.

AAAAAAAARRRRrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Along with Libya, voting for wars, Biden made another error…in the pullout after 2014, the agreement was that we were going to leave some troops in Afghan–how many you ask? It is written, it will be determined by the analysis in 2014, exactly what Ryan stated—we analyse the situation before making a commitment.

Three major errors on Biden, and actually three that Ryan should have been coached on, but, can’t cover everything, and Ryan was exceptionally well versed in a variety of topics.

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Ceterum autem censeo Obaminem delendam esse … Arssanguinus on October 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Heh…Islama delenda est.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

33 PAGES!?!?! Goddamn!!! Don’t any of you work for a living?!?!

abobo on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

In the words of Maynard G. Krebs,

“Woorrkkkk!!!!!”

Point to anyone who knows that reference without using Google.

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM

R2B, “any” seriously analysis of Biden’s points tonight will produce a motherload of whoppers.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Congrats to you both!..Well wishes on a great future!..:)

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Dobie Gillis. No reference.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM

redridinghood on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Yep, me too.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM
hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Big Orange on October 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

You guys are all right about Hannity. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and I wish he was a lot smarter. Yes he’s a plain-talker, yes he can be jingoistic at times.

On the other hand I have never heard anyone accuse him of being soft, a RINO, or not a conservative. His instincts about what is right for conservatism and the Republican Party are right-on.

There are dozens of brilliant intellectuals in the conservative movement that are right 95% of the time, but screw up spectacularly every now and then. Hannity is reliable.

slickwillie2001 on October 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Yeah, you are more than correct, but those are three things that I think will be focused on:
Libya
Putting wars on a credit card, when Biden voted for the same
And not realizing that the 2014 agreement allows for troops to stay in Afghan, the number will be decided depending on the situation in 2014…

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Have you and your bride moved into your new home?..:)

PS..How about those Nittany Lions??!!??..4 in a row..:)

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM

The meme that needs to get started is either:

–Joe Biden as Cheshire Cat. People will remember the cartoon version of that from Alice in Wonderland

–Joe Biden as the Joker (from Batman, the Tim Burton version starring Jack Nicholson). He had that stupid grin/laugh that fits with what happened to the Joker victims who laughed to death, and it plays on the insanity riff that Jack Nicholson pulled off so well and fits with a meme of ‘crazy Joe’.

BryanS on October 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM

slickwillie2001 on October 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Very good point!..I think Hannity is better on TV than radio..imho..:)

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM

slickwillie2001 on October 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM

As dismissive people are about Hannity (and I am one also), look at his numbers, off the chart, only one other person beats him, and that is O’R…
Say what you will, Hannity pulls in the numbers, and he regurgitates the right issues and policies…

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Don’t any of you work for a living?!?!

abobo on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I can’t speak for anyone else but no. Thanks to the government taking over student loans, I am unemployed. Luckily I married well.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I am not looking forward to two more of these things.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Dobie Gillis. No reference.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I am impressed. Are you, too, older than dirt or did you watch it on late night cable?

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Have you and your bride moved into your new home?..:)

No, but it’s getting there. Mrs. Hawkdriver (not her real name) is defending the homestead against the evil and uncooperative sub-contractors all by herself. I’m in Ft. Campbell again while she’s doing all the work. (She’s at the point of picking interior things though so I think it’s starting to get fun for her now. I just keep writting checks.

PS..How about those Nittany Lions??!!??..4 in a row..:)

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I know right. Mixed emotions but I like to think someone’s looking down on them and saying it’ll work out.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Not sure if this thread is still going, but here goes:

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou

I don’t know about Ms Angelou’s politics — being a famous poet, she’s probably a big leftie — but this quotation is IMHO a perfect description of Joe Biden’s performance tonight. No one will care about his actual defense of Obama’s policies or attacks on Ryan. But they will remember how uncomfortable and angry they felt on seeing that continual creepy grin and hearing that incessant derisive laughter.

Mary in LA on October 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Dobie and Maynard are a little before my time. My early childhood is a continuous blur of sitcom reruns on a black and white TV.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Mrs. Hawkdriver (not her real name) hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM

WHAT??!?!?

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM

The meme that needs to get started is either:

BryanS on October 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Well … I went in a different direction … on Twitter

PolAgnostic‏@PolAgnostic

We all (myself included) have been known to make a #CompleteBiden out of ourselves from time to time.

PolAgnostic‏@PolAgnostic

“The judge granted her the divorce, alimony and child support after the court psychiatrist testified he was a #CompleteBiden”

PolAgnostic‏@PolAgnostic

And the Savior said, “Let he who is not a #CompleteBiden cast the first stone.”

PolAgnostic‏@PolAgnostic

“He was being such a #CompleteBiden, I was tempted to wipe that smirk of his face.

PolAgnostic on October 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I am not looking forward to two more of these things.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I know. I am sure both Romney and Ryan are more in command of the truth. I am positive that Romney is the best debater of all four and that Ryan won even against Joe’s abrasive style. But just knowing we never get the objective moderator throws the element of uncertainty in the process.

WHAT??!?!?

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Truth be know very few of us are silly enough to use our real names here. :-)

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Good deal!..Wish you and her well in finishing your new home!..I’m sure Mrs. Hawkdriver can handle the subcontractors!!..:)

PS..Yes it is great to see the Nittany Lions catching a break and getting back to a sense of normal..Winning Football games..:)

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Congrats, Manly! Way to go.

And good on you Hawkdriver for bringing peace in the house.

smellthecoffee on October 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I don’t know about Ms Angelou’s politics —
Mary in LA on October 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM

A huge lefty, huge Obama supporter…receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2001 from Obama.
But doesn’t mean some of words are not accurate…

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 1:15 AM

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Why is it that the truth takes so much longer to be found than the lies? It drives me crazy when no one pushes back on these people. Biden conveniently left out that he voted for both wars, lied about Benghazi and the economy and it just goes uncontested. And no one uses their real names on the internet, that’s just crazy talk.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Had to work, only heard the first 20 minutes on the radio.

Biden had too many answers to any and everything.

Too glib, too rehearsed, too smug, too chipper, too know-it-all-y, too too.

Never over-answer everything.

It comes across as bizarre.

And it won’t play.

profitsbeard on October 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

right2bright

When your opponent makes things up with regularity the way Joe does, it’s hard to smack down all of them, lol.

No matter who you think won, can we all agree that…..

Sarah looked fanflippintastic.

KirknBurker

You should see the cake girl at Ace’s. Meow!

xblade on October 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM

And good on you Hawkdriver for bringing peace in the house.

smellthecoffee on October 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM

It’s really nothing. Someone else would ahve said it if I didn’t. We’re all friends and we all have a common goal.

Anti-Control. When you check in, again, just say hey and you’ve got a bunch of ready made friends here.

Off to bed.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Didn’t Ryan watch TV over the last few days with the revelation that there are documented requests for more security at the embassy? He should have call Joe out as a lier for that… and 5 trillion and the “giving money to the rich”, since when is NOT taking the same as giving?

rgranger on October 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

profitsbeard on October 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Wait until you see it.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Saw it….Ryan won hands down. No doubt.

dec5 on October 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Truth be know very few of us are silly enough to use our real names here. :-)

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM

One guy did, even linked his name to his Insurance Business (mainly to businesses) in Raleigh area…than he bashed Catholics, than religion in general, than came the “It’s okay for consenting children and adults to have sex” comments…and I just happen to know that his posts got out to his customers, some of the links to HotAir were sent to his customers. I was part of a business group that he was affiliated with, he didn’t know me, but I knew him, and I received some of the links.

He no longer posts here (about 18-2 years ago) and his business is in dire trouble.

You don’t diss Jesus in North Carolina and expect to stay in business.

Don’t use your name, don’t link your name…only one person who posts here knows who I am, where I live, my contact information.

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I know, but what can you do.

later all.

hawkdriver on October 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Sarah looked fanflippintastic.

KirknBurker

The Prez….er Governor looked stunning tonight.

dec5 on October 12, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Did hawkdriver just say the Mrs didn’t take his name and that I shouldn’t have used my real name at this site? WTF!?!?

Bmore on October 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Ryan did a good job of not getting into details, that loses people and many thought that is what he would do because he has such detailed knowledge…but he stayed the course and did not fall into any of Biden’s “traps”, he just ignored much of what Biden said.

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Don’t use your name, don’t link your name…

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Words to live by.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

It was a great evening for us again…Ryan did us proud, did America proud…

I go to sleep with a smile on my face…it’s going to be a great weekend…

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Don’t use your name, don’t link your name…

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Words to live by.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

rofl..Too funny..:)

Dire Straits on October 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Sweet dreams everyone. I think I will turn in “early”.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM

33 PAGES!?!?! Goddamn!!! Don’t any of you work for a living?!?!

abobo on October 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Thankfully I do despite our current President. Just not at 12:30 in the morning.

Doughboy on October 12, 2012 at 1:34 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM
You may not remember me, but I do you, so I’m offering my congrats, too !!
Long life, love, and joy to boot !!

pambi on October 12, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Agreed. Obama must be defeated. I call for a truce.

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

PARLAY !! PARLAY !!

;-)

pambi on October 12, 2012 at 2:03 AM

right2bright on October 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

agree

Wonks on both sides have been demanding details, which would have been used by the opposition to refocus the entire election on The Ryan details, and away from the Obama failures. Romney is exactly right to define his objective (no borrowing unless critical, no middle class tax, no cut in upper class tax etc) and save the details for bargaining if elected.

Otherwise, the details become a part of Romney’s goals, instead of a means to the goals and the goals become very hard to obtain.

Obama has run the gov exactly the opposite, demanding obedience to his path, and obfuscating the goals. The result has been chaos and failure.

entagor on October 12, 2012 at 2:04 AM

ManlyRash on October 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I remember you too, glad to have you back, and congratulations. I know what its like to find the right one, it changes your life forever!

ShadowsPawn on October 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Words to live by.

Cindy Munford on October 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Thread Winner! Funny!

Bmore on October 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM

3300 Comments Or Bust!

FlatFoot on October 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Biden can best be defined as the reincarnation of “Dr Strangelove”. I thought at any minute he would lift his chin and yell “Mein Führer”. The fact that this man is only a heartbeat away from the presidency should strike fear into every American.

rplat on October 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM

See this is why I’d never marry a politician.. Ryan is only my imaginary boyfriend and I want to b***h slap Biden for being mean. I’m surprised that Janna and Mama Ryan didn’t both charge the stage and strangle the crabby old man. Janna looked like she was going to go after the protestors at the RNC during Hot VP’s speech.

Illinidiva on October 12, 2012 at 4:41 AM

rplat on October 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Let’s pray his days as Veep are numbered. Please, God, please, God, please, God….

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2012 at 5:36 AM

BIDEN 2016, BABY!!!

Sharp_Right_Turn on October 12, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Biden is an unmitigated ass. Any one of us could have equaled his performance by simply lying, smirking, smiling like a maniac, interrupting and generally behaving like a spoiled ignorant child. If this is what liberals think is cool or appropriate then they’re even sicker than I imagined.

rplat on October 12, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Hey, Manly!

davidk on October 12, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Biden carries about as much weight as a fly.

In the past 4 years just how often do you think Barky called Joe in to run things by him?

Do you really believe Obama gave Joe the time of day ?

I don’t. I don’t see obama soliciting advice from Joe for anything.
In the scheme of things Biden is an invisible man in the administration except when he is Mr. Gaff.

The only purpose of Biden was to reassure old white people in hopes th vote for obama. He is useless other than that.

RockyJ. on October 12, 2012 at 6:35 AM