Angry old man yells at Paul Ryan for 90 minutes; Update: CNN insta-poll of undecideds shows tie; Update: Ryan wins CNN insta-poll overall, 48/44

posted at 10:54 pm on October 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

I expected “table-pounding atmospherics” from Biden but I didn’t expect him to act like a total jackhole for fully 90 minutes. Give him credit for knowing his target audience, though: His task tonight was to get the left excited again after Obama fell into a semi-coma in Denver, and evincing utter disdain for Ryan — grimacing, shouting, laughing inappropriately, constantly interrupting, the total jackhole experience — is just what the doctor ordered. He might have irritated independents and undecideds, but probably not so much that it’ll change people’s votes. The Democrats needed someone to go out there and clown for liberals, and if there’s one thing this guy knows, it’s clowning.

Here’s a taste of what I mean via Mediaite, centered around one of Ryan’s more cutting lines of the evening. For what it’s worth, the media lost patience with Biden’s shtick too, but I doubt that’ll cost him anything tomorrow. And yes, needless to say, Raddatz was also terrible. Exit quotation from Greg Gutfeld: “Biden is the drunk at the bar; Martha is the unhappy bartender, and Ryan is the unfortunate salesman caught in the middle.”

Update: I’m waiting on the insta-polls, but in the meantime here’s an early candidate for the media’s consensus post-debate buzzword for Biden’s boorish performance: “Passion.”

Update: According to CNN, among the voters who really matter, it was a push:

CBS’s insta-poll had it 50/31 for Biden, although both candidates gained ground among undecideds. A CNBC website poll, meanwhile, had Ryan winning 56/36.

Update: Like I said, the jackhole approach works like a charm with its target audience. For others, eh, not so much:

Update: Some good news after an irritating night. Within the margin of error, but we’ll take it:

Update: That about sums it up:

Update: Via the Examiner, the setting and music reveal Joe Biden’s true calling: He would have been amazing as a regular on “Match Game.”

Update: Brand new from the RNC:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10 11 12

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:00 AM

SAC base. In AZ?

Gohawgs on October 12, 2012 at 4:07 AM

I think you may be right. I’ve asked twice. Let’s see if I can get an answer. Also, does anyone know for sure if it’s physically possible to crawl a mile over broken glass? I say it is. If I needed to get to my daughter, I bet I could do it.

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 3:53 AM

yes, it is..

I got up.. with help from two friends.. after my back was broken in two places, and walked 40 yards to a bench till the EMT’s came.. you CAN do the necessary when you must..

I can tell you several experiences,.. but, I tell you this,.. you love her..

You’re run barefoot on hot coals, and not think twice. It’s inside everyone, if they can reach for it. The trigger is usually love for someone.. sometimes, it’s for your own pig headed pride..

My daughter was 5, and accidentally disturbed a bee hive.. she was swarmed.. I grabbed her and ran, she was screaming, and they bees went past me to attack her.. so the house was too far, so I dropped to the ground and covered her with my own body, as my father in law grabbed a hose. I can’t tell you how many times I was stung, but she was ok.. only 5 two in her mouth as she screamed.. but..

You do what you must, and your daughter is in good hands.

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Night owl ,I would do tough things for my kids but if you don’t have blood in you you can’t crawl,we are not talking about a fake Bruce Willis movie … if we did the experiment we wouldn’t put your child out there ,that s morbid , we are talking a hypothetical situation ,I guarantee if I put the type of broken glass down there with the really sharp edges no one could make it ..not even a Seal or James Bond

as for five reasons I will vote for President Obama is 1. he is tough enough to have Bin Laden killed and send in drones but he is not an armchair warrior acting like war is some kind of play game like Romney /Ryan Americans only want war as a last resort, 2. Obama chooses great Supreme Court justices who protect the AMERICAN IDEALS OF FREEDOM AND LIBERTY not Scalia .OBAMA’S TAX PLAN HELPS THE POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS 4. ROMNEY’S HEALTH PLAN Leaves AN EXTRA 50 MILLION AMERICAN PEOPLE WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE 5. President Obama supports all Americans and doesn’t call 47% of Americans free loaders like Romney does until Romney got caught

U2denver on October 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM

SAC base. In AZ?

Gohawgs on October 12, 2012 at 4:07 AM

AZ?

It was FE WARREN AFB, 90th SMW.. in 1981 82.. Cheyenne Wyoming..

I was never in Arizona..

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Biden raised his fist in a mighty blow…..

….. and punched himself square on the jaw.

itsspideyman on October 12, 2012 at 4:14 AM

holy crap this dunning-kruger moron can’t be serious…

tom daschle concerned on October 12, 2012 at 4:14 AM

U2denver on October 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Either you are a paid shill or worse, someone who actually believes the nonsense you just typed…

Gohawgs on October 12, 2012 at 4:15 AM

U2Denver, you’re channeling Biden.

When you use capital letters, that’s like shouting in someones face.

itsspideyman on October 12, 2012 at 4:16 AM

I live in Ohio and Colorado ,and as far as Ohio just like last year when the Republican Right Wing tried to pass an initiative outlawing public employee collective bargaining and they lost by 30
points, the GOP Romney Ryan will lose again

U2denver on October 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:13 AM

The wind doesn’t blow in Cheyenne!!! I was lucky enuf to have visited a couple of Titan sites here in Arkansas — as a civilian…

Gohawgs on October 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Is Obama going to throw spitballs at Romney at the next debate? Maybe call Romney a NAME? Get the paddle ready. Someone is going out in the hall.

Moesart on October 12, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Biden reminds of an old school “Used Car Salesman”. Smilin’ and ramblin’ on and on trying to sell you a repainted broken down car that has been in a serious wreak that is held together with spit and tape and will fall apart as you drive it off the lot…
I felt like I needed to take a shower after watching him for 90 minutes…what a disgusting human being…
Ryan made me proud to be an American…

Strike Hornet on October 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Meant to type wreck, not wreak…damn iPad!!11&*()_@#$

Strike Hornet on October 12, 2012 at 4:27 AM

NightOwl..

On 2 May 1968, 12 Green Berets were surrounded near Loc Ninh, South Vietnam, by an entire battalion of NVA. They were thus outnumbered, 12 men versus about 1,000. They dug in and tried to hold them off, but were not going to last long. Benavidez heard their distress call over a radio in town and boarded a rescue helicopter with first aid equipment. He did not have time to grab a weapon before the helicopter left, so he voluntarily jumped into the hot LZ armed only with his knife.

He sprinted across 75 meters of open terrain through withering small arms and machine gun fire to reach the pinned down MACV-SOG team. By the time he reached them, he had been shot 4 times, twice in the right leg, once through both cheeks, which knocked out four molars, and a glancing shot off his head.

He ignored these wounds and began administering first aid. The rescue chopper left as it was not designed to extract men. An extraction chopper was sent for, and Benavidez took command of the men by directing their fire around the edges of the clearing in order to facilitate the chopper’s landing. When the aircraft arrived, he supervised the loading of the wounded on board, while throwing smoke canisters to direct the chopper’s exact landing. He was wounded severely and at all times under heavy enemy crossfire, but still carried and dragged half of the wounded men to the chopper.

He then ran alongside the landing skids providing protective fire into the trees as the chopper moved across the LZ collecting the wounded. The enemy fire got worse, and Benavidez was hit solidly in the left shoulder. He got back up and ran to the platoon leader, dead in the open, and retrieved classified documents. He was shot in the abdomen, and a grenade detonated nearby peppering his back with shrapnel.

The chopper pilot was mortally wounded then, and his chopper crashed. Benavidez was in extremely critical condition, and still refused to fall. He ran to the wreckage and got the wounded out of the aircraft, and arranged them into a defensive perimeter to wait for the next chopper. The enemy automatic rifle fire and grenades only intensified, and Benavidez ran and crawled around the perimeter giving out water and ammunition.

The NVA was building up to wipe them out, and Benavidez called in tactical air strikes with a squawk box and threw smoke to direct the fire of arriving gunships. Just before the extraction chopper landed, he was shot again in the left thigh while giving first aid to a wounded man. He still managed to get to his feet and carry some of the men to the chopped, directing the others, when an NVA soldier rushed from the woods and clubbed him over the head with an AK-47. This caused a skull fracture and a deep gash to his left upper arm, and yet he still got back up and decapitated the soldier with one swing of his knife, severing the spine and all tissue on one side of the neck. He then resumed carrying the wounded to the chopper and returning for others, and was shot twice more in the lower back. He shot two more NVA soldiers trying to board the chopper, then made one last trip around the LZ to be sure all documents were retrieved, and finally boarded the chopper. He had lost 2 quarts of blood. Before he blacked out, he shouted to one of the other Green Berets, “Another great day to be in South Vietnam!”

This battle lasted six hours. He had been wounded 37 times.

You can do the impossible.. it’s happened before, and will again.. courage or crazy.. it happens..

I grew up with that story.. and learned that you never quit..

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:31 AM

U2denver apparently speaks English as a 2nd language. It also seems to have been hitting the bong and LSD rather hard.

Hard Right on October 12, 2012 at 4:31 AM

U2denver on October 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Well, thanks for answering. If I hadn’t decided about a year ago that there was no point arguing with people of your ilk, I would, well, argue. But I realized there is no point in it, there is just defeating you every chance we get and making sure people like Obama and Biden are not allowed to control this country. I don’t know how people can see the same thing in completely opposite ways, but you are living proof that it’s true. I suspect leftists have some sort of mental disorder, with a need to be told every move to make in their lives, to believe things that have been proven false over and over, and to be unable to reason for themselves. But that’s just me.

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Gohawgs on October 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM

LOL,… sure about that? On prairie there’s nothing to block the wind.. 60, 70mph winds are not uncommon there.. at night.

and. a Titan site blew up.. the silo, when I was in Basic.. there were 54 missiles still active then. A guy from near my home town was killed, a fuel leak.. liquid fueled.. They needed a massive support crew.. The Minuteman III only needed two officers.. and security?.. nu huh.. promised not to tell.. secrecy agreement. I was an SP.. Security specialist, ground combat.

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Dang I had a bet that it would go like this.

Biden, on Foreign Policy question: “I think it’s important to ask Mr. Ryan what he thinks. Now, Mr. Ryan, you have got to know that I respect the hell out of you. I’ve known you for a number of years, worked along side of you. Think you’re tops, bright as hell. And you’ve got to know I mean no personal insult in this. I get no personal satisfaction at what I need to do here, but I’ve just got to ask. The position, and I know, is very important. And I have just one question that will settle this whole thing.

“Mr. Ryan, tell me, please, which is most important ingredient in a cup of coffee?”

Ryan: “The coffee?”

Biden: “The CUP!! You can have all the coffee you want, but without a cup, you — what are you going to do? Hold it in your hands? You have no idea! You can have all the coffee you want, all the cream, tons of sugar, but without the cup, you have no drink!

“If you don’t see that — if you can’t think flexibly — if your whole bag is staring at a page of numbers by lamplight, you can’t see the cup.

“How are you going to deal with the Soviet Union, how are you going to deal with apartheid? How are you going to negotiate peace in the middle east — if you don’t see the cup?

“I just hate to say it, but you have no understanding of the broader — the big picture out there. If you don’t know the importance of the cup, how can you be trusted in an emergency? What happens if you get that three AM call? You’ve got to know the cup — be the cup.

“Mr. Ryan, I have ultimate respect for you. I really do. Literally! What the voters don’t know is that you really are the very best!

“But you don’t have the experience, the depth, the IQ, the brilliance to be Vice President. I’m sorry, Mr. Ryan, but you clearly don’t have the experience to be vice president. And I for one simply cannot vote for you.

“Ladies and gentlemen of America, I… am… that… cup!

“Thank you. Thank you. Thank you, America. [privately to Ryan] Sorry, buddy. I had to do that. No hard feelings, eh? Heh, heh. And for what it’s worth I don’t even use a cup — just drink it out of the carafe.”

flicker on October 12, 2012 at 4:41 AM

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Well, that is amazing, and I rest my case with U2denver. The story about your daughter and the bees is awful. It’s good you were there for her, and I bet she’ll remember that the rest of her life.

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Bye-Bye-Biden.

Yephora on October 12, 2012 at 5:04 AM

as for five reasons I will vote for President Obama is 1…..

U2denver

Mental illness is a sad thing to see.

xblade on October 12, 2012 at 5:09 AM

U2denver on October 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Dude, next time you go out pick up a case of punctuation then find the nearest non liberal children’s school teacher to teach you how to use it especially the period you’ll only sound three quarters as dumb that way.

As for your points:
1. Laughable
2. Ridiculous
3. (You forgot three–is that why liberals can’t do math? They’re not working with the same digits as the rest of us.)
4. Made-up from whole cloth.
5. Wow! That’s a doozy.

I could have written very easily five hundred words illustrating your idiocy, but I decided to conform to Night Owl’s wisdom, and simply deride you briefly. Best.

RedCrow on October 12, 2012 at 5:17 AM

mark81150 on October 12, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Mark, I worked nuclear hardness for TRW and then Northrop Grumman starting in 84 up until 09. I remember the winds out there at Wing V, as we called it, as something fierce at times. Other times, it was almost pleasant. I even rode my bike out there from Ogden, UT one year to do some work. I couldn’t believe the winds. Brutal.

Kraken on October 12, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 4:35 AM

You are so right!

But that one’s a shill — the DNC has sent more than a few over to HA to irritate us. He’s a fool. Fell free to ignore.

rebuzz on October 12, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Everything I’m seeing gives credence to the rumor that the Obama campaign holds Romney/Ryan in contempt.

If R/R pull it out on November 6th (please, God), expect a nuclear-grade meltdown in Chicago. I believe it’s unthinkable to the Chicago gang that they could lose to anyone, let alone “someone like Romney”…whatever that means to the wicked Obama crew.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Biden manages to combine all Three Stooges into one stooge.

Moesart on October 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM

As for the debate, I’m really glad the numbers (polling) are looking about even. If it hadn’t been for Bidet’s maniacal(?) grinning the whole debate, and huffing and puffing like the big, bad wolf all night, I fear that Ryan would have lost (according to the polls).

I am aware that over 90% of what Bidet said was hogwash; but, it was delivered very well (for the most part).

As for Ryan (who was first on my wish-list for POTUS), I thought that he missed several key openings to strike hard blows against the worst president in history. I thought he was clumsy in a few places (e.g. his defense of Romney’s 47% statement). I thought he unnecessarily repeated himself in a couple of places. I know he was very nervous. (Usually, from what I’ve seen, Ryan is much more calm when speaking extemporaneously.)

I thought that the moderator did an “okay” job, for being a leftist who’s in the tank for Odumbo. The speaking time was close to even, although she and Bidet did frequently interrupt Ryan. Also, it seemed to me that she made Ryan answer first a greater number of times which allowed Bidet to rebut rather than formulate his own answer. Ryan was infrequently allowed to rebut Bidet.

Still, we have facts on our side, and Bidet’s childish performance helped us.

RedCrow on October 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Biden manages to combine all Three Stooges into one stooge.

Moesart on October 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Lol. Where’s Moe with a hammer when you need him?

If R/R pull it out on November 6th (please, God

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2012 at 5:34 AM

We just might need some divine intervention. If I had money to spare, I’d bet that this will be the most corrupt presidential election in history. (And remember what happened in MN: Franken and crew committed huge election fraud……and Franken still sits in the Senate today.)

RedCrow on October 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Ryan was presidential, thats all that mattered at this debate.

rob verdi on October 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM

RedCrow on October 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM

He was more relaxed when he schooled the prezzy. But he knew what was riding on last night: his job was to expand, or at least hold steady, the momentum that Romney gained. He achieved at least the latter, but was helped by Biden’s goofiness and inappropriate hamming.

I was surprised by his nerves. And though I’m Ryan’s age, I could see that he’s not as seasoned as Romney and even Biden. Funny how a full-grown adult in the real world can seem like a babe-in-arms in politics. At any rate, in a few years he’ll be a force to be reckoned with, that Paul Ryan.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2012 at 5:42 AM

RedCrow on October 12, 2012 at 5:40 AM

I’m hoping that conservatives have enough citizen journalists out there to nip anything in the bud.

Also, if Romney is to win, I think it will be in a landslide, not a squeaker. If the polls are wrong (for instance, giving Obama a +D11 advantage in Ohio to get him a one-point advantage), then they’re WAY wrong. If momentum is on our side, it’s going to be a 2010 tidalwave. Romney will not only win Florida, Virginia and Ohio, but perhaps Michigan, Wisconsin, and even Pennsylvania.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Both good points.

I think Krauthammer said last night that Bidet’s job was to “set the table” for Odumbo’s next debate. I think that’s probably right.

Bidet might have been purposely overly hostile, so that his majesty can be a Chicago thug in the next debate.

But you’re right: Ryan held the line. (And if the Republic still stands eight to twelve years from now, Ryan will be a force.)

RedCrow on October 12, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Grace_is_sufficient on October 12, 2012 at 5:46 AM

I’m from MI, and I’ve been saying for over a year that this state is a possibility (even with Detroit, Ann Arbor, and the UAW). Though, it would be nice for R&R to run more ads here–I see a lot of Odumbo ads, few for Romney.

And thank you for your second paragraph! Lol. The statement, and it’s plausability, made me smile (and cross my fingers and toes, and say a short prayer).

RedCrow on October 12, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Did Biden do anything besides huffing and puffing and rudely interrupting Ryan?

You give Biden too much credit and Ryan too little: Biden did not participate in any debate but merely spent all of his time talking over Ryan. This is mere SOP for the dems. See DWS and Stephanie Cutter in this regard.

The only person at this “debate” trying to actually debate was Ryan: he clearly won the debate while Biden “won” his own screaming match.

The moderator was a joke: she did not do an “okay job,” redruM….

Sherman1864 on October 12, 2012 at 6:01 AM

so is the morning joe crew digigng biden this am?

i know thinkglesand the rest of the msdnc crew did last night

martha was the bomb for thenm along with wolfie and soledad
blech

she was AWFUL

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Good Morning.

LOL at Schmoe Scarborough expecting Mika Boobinski and Howie Baby Dean to actually analyze the debate rationally (Willie, Schmoe, Halperin and another panelist all thought Biden came off as an ass).

If you want rational analysis, don’t have Mika Boobinski or Howie Baby Dean doing it for you.

Marcus on October 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM

he did evertyhing he had to do (biden)
-mika

wow

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Marcus on October 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM

*shaking the head*

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:20 AM

So if the rules of the debate are to allow your opponent to speak for 2 minutes, interrupting before the two minutes are up is cheating. By that assessment Biden cheated 96 times- more than once a minute, and the moderator, who had Obama as a guest at her wedding, sat there and did not call him on it.

talkingpoints on October 12, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Mornin’, y’all/ Te Trolls will invade today like Grant took Richmond.

Let’s get Ready to Rummmble!

Crazy Uncle Joe was a’thinkin’ mighty slow at the dee-bate…Vice-Presidential Dee-bate.

My take.

kingsjester on October 12, 2012 at 6:29 AM

If a wise man contends with a foolish man,
Whether the fool rages or laughs, there is no peace. (Proverbs 29:9)

Pest on October 12, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Marcus on October 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM

at least not all of them drank the kool-aid

mika looks smug this am and a little condescending about ryan’s responses….

bias there and she admits it

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:36 AM

talkingpoints on October 12, 2012 at 6:27 AM

infuriating
was yelling at the TV…arrrrgghhhh

awful moderating…

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:37 AM

kingsjester on October 12, 2012 at 6:29 AM

perfect take KJ

we are right beside you buddy…let’s roll

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM

me thinks candy crowley will be martha 2.0

guaranteed, she interrupts her gop guests and lets her dem guest spew on

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Knock Knock

Who’s Th… JOE BIDEN!!!

Haiku Guy on October 12, 2012 at 6:41 AM

wapo digged biden

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:45 AM

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Thank you ma’am. Share it with your friends.

Let’s Roll!

kingsjester on October 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM

looking over at politico, joe is da man
he could do no wrong…
blech

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Watching Biden all I could think of was that the man was unhinged.

There is an idea on Iran that sanctions will bring compliance, as they did with S. Africa… and yet S. Africa cared about its economy and, ultimately, its people. South Africa had rational people in charge with objectives based on their Nation and its long-term survival. Iran has a group that even Khomenei didn’t trust: the twelvers. These people want chaos to bring the 12th Imam back to create the global caliphate, and put all those disagreeing to the sword. To such a group of people this is their basis on decision making and their end is chaos. Yet Uncle Joey was smiling, don’t worry – be happy, they may have the material but, surely, not the rest of the bomb.

Yet designs could be garnered from AQ Khan, NoKo, ex-Soviet Republics, amongst many. This is not new technology, but old. The AQ Khan designs are available as copies on the black market as AQ Khan wanted other States to have them in the Islamic world. It is a tested design, it works, and has blueprints with it.

Uncle Joey was saying, in effect, ‘we wish for a rational actor in the form of the Mullahs in Iran and, LO!, they shall appear’.

Other than that, lying about Libya and scapegoating the INTEL branches will not only not work, not just back-fire, but make dealing with INTEL agencies incredibly difficult for Obama and Biden. If you thought the past leaks helping the Administration were bad, now those in the INTEL branches have little reason to help or support this Administration. This is bad, very, very bad. Presidents are expected to take blame, not shift it, not scapegoat, and to accept the liabilities that come with the office. Joe Biden was out to make enemies all the while mugging it up, laughing, shaking his head and acting like a man so detached from this world that he can no longer take it seriously.

Remember that Biden was supposed to bring ‘gravitas’ to the ticket.

And Obama dare not get rid of his very first decision of import which was to add Biden to the ticket in 2008.

Now the clothes have an Albatross, while still lacking an Emperor.

ajacksonian on October 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM

looking over at politico, joe is da man
he could do no wrong…
blech

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM

The polls say different and these people live by polls, right? To be honest, I thought Biden was an idiot. His demeanor was so off putting that it made debate impossible. There was no way Ryan could actually have a back and forth with that guy…anyone could see that.

Terrye on October 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM

wapo digged biden

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Not everyone at WaPo felt like Biden won.

Jennifer Rubin

Terrye on October 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Terrye on October 12, 2012 at 7:01 AM

agree, was just perusing the headlines there and it was all joe, joe joe and martha

Terrye on October 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM

i stand corrected, they were talking about milbanks’ article

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 7:07 AM

some may think he was rude
-david gregory

ya think? of course if ryan did this, he would have been disrepectful according to you and the rest of the lsm, yada yada yada

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 7:09 AM

flicker on October 12, 2012 at 4:41 AM

I’ve renamed you:

boogerflicker

DevilsPrinciple on October 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Biden could be president…nuff said.

tomas on October 12, 2012 at 7:15 AM

mika defending the crap out of joe

upset about the iran sanctions….mika, ryan and the gop wanted those sanctions MUCH EARLIER than dear leader went for them and they were WATERED DOWN thanks to russia

come on gop talking heads, stand up to mika

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Don’t waste your time. She most likely has little or nothing worth defending, has, and only will have, pipe dreams and passing aspirations, and has not had any of the rights she enjoys touched. yet.

Fools like that will only learn after it’s too late. And even then, you could give them sh!t on a stick, tell them it’s chocolate and they’d believe it.

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM

The morning after, Biden’s weird, condescending, smirking, guffawing debate clown act looks even worse than it did live. Thank goodness this shameful performance will live on through YouTube, etc. Biden’s performance was probably the worst and rudest I have ever seen in a presidential or vp debate.

Biden won’t be missed when he and Obama are voted out next month.

bluegill on October 12, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Senior analyst with all the gravitas Tom Brokaw lamenting the fact the campaigns aren’t serious enough about the global situation and then defending his Joe Biden as “Joe just being goofy”.

Nice.

Marcus on October 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Didn’t get to see the debate, but it sounds like the way Democrats are scoring, the only way Ryan could have won is if he ripped off his shirt and started pounding the table.

“Kind of like a grin with a body behind it.” Can Clint call ‘em or what?

The Count on October 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Marcus on October 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

he’s getting a pass AGAIN…

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Can you imagine a media and a candidate where “goofy” is thrown out as a positive?

Marcus on October 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Good morning boys and girls. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this statement?

BIDEN: You know, I heard that death panel argument from Sarah Palin. It seems every vice presidential debate I hear this kind of stuff about panels.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Yes, it didn’t come up then.

bluegill on October 12, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Because Death Panels hadn’t come up yet when that debate took place. What do I win? LOL

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Is it possible that Biden was TRYING TO DISTRACT from what Ryan was saying?

Like a little kid when he does goofy stuff when you’re trying to pay attention to the other child talking?

PappyD61 on October 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Joe Biden, comedy miracle: a punchline that supplies his own laugh track.
-Iowahawk

The man is a national treasure.

ajacksonian on October 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM

A smiling idiot bullchit detector pin.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

he’s getting a pass AGAIN…

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Maybe so…….

But don’t you think Ryan could have asked goofy Joe what he was smiling about?
Or if he thought dead ambassadors was funny.

Or maybe go with the inept theme of why Hopey skipped intel meetings before 9/11. – or mentioned fast and furious…….. Or if he thought spiking the OSL seal raid football wouldn’t incite mooslums like this movie they were trying to blame Benghazi on ?

So much material……….so little time ?

FlaMurph on October 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Lanceman on October 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM

I couldn’t sleep, I had nothing better to do. LOL! I didn’t really expect much in the way of an answer, it’s more just trying to get one of them to respond to a question rather than just the usual poop flinging and then running away.

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Biden’s buffoonish, disgusting act during the debate is going to fire up Republican voters big time. This debate is only going to help Paul Ryan’s popularity and likability. Let’s see how much Biden is laughing after November 6.

bluegill on October 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM

A smiling idiot bullchit detector pin.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Actually, Dire deserves it. He brought it up, so I sort of cheated!

Night Owl on October 12, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Can anyone tell me why “you didn’t build that” is not featured approximately every five minutes in a Romney or Ryan reply? This is the foundation upon what Obama thinks of capitalism. I’m floored I have not heard it once. Although I do take bathroom breaks every now and then. Has either of them used it????

Maxlugar on October 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM

But don’t you think Ryan could have asked goofy Joe what he was smiling about?
Or if he thought dead ambassadors was funny.
FlaMurph on October 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Yes, definitely. There were some real missed opportunities there. But what’s done is done. Still, Biden lost big. The only people who are going to love Biden’s performance are regular viewers of TV shows like Rachel Maddow.

bluegill on October 12, 2012 at 7:38 AM

points, the GOP Romney Ryan will lose again

U2denver on October 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Last I checked, Ohio has a Republican Governor, House and Senate.

The one issue lost in a referendum, but look at what happened in Wisconsin. So, it’s a wash on the issue and the reality is more states are heading toward limiting public sector employee union’s bargaining power, as the unions are a main driver of most state and local gov’t financial problems.

And, somehow I don’t think the polls support Romney/Ryan losing by 30 points. So not sure what your point is.

Monkeytoe on October 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Someone needs to put a commercial together pointing out Biden’s blatant lie about the war votes and then the issues with the lying about Benghazi, and ask the question “can we trust this administration on anything?”

Monkeytoe on October 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Death panels are a creation of Obamacare. They were not part of the last VP debate. But let’s remember that Biden recently did not realize he was in Virginia (not NC) and the 21st century. That he doesn’t remember the content of the last VP debate, who does?, is merely a bump in the road.

Happy Nomad on October 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM

FlaMurph on October 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

good points…infuriating the lsm just giving him a pass for the most part

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Maxlugar on October 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM

good point

cmsinaz on October 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM

points, the GOP Romney Ryan will lose again

U2denver on October 12, 2012 at 4:20 AM

You are on crack.

jimver on October 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM

bluegill on October 12, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I know… And after all we are talking about Biden……

But these are HUGE opportunities to get past the alphabet media filtering and distortion and put the pieces of the puzzle together for the viewers and swing voters…that’s why Mitt kicked the empty chairs butT and controlled the dialogue.

The liberal moderator controlled the dialogue last night – and that’s a mistake to let that go on.

FlaMurph on October 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Maybe a shade less ridiculous than Barry winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

bayview on October 12, 2012 at 7:46 AM

If that was all they had to work with, perhaps it should have been left vacant for a year.
NPP has lost a lot of it’s luster as those in charge are using it as some sort of political tool.
A shame, really.

Jabberwock on October 12, 2012 at 7:54 AM

You guys are coming of as sore losers.
After your post-Romney debate win high…this is all it takes to unravel you?
Biden did what he was supposed to do. And for the most part did it well.
Ryan didn’t. He didn’t lose as bad as Obama did, but he did lose.

verbaluce on October 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I’m in a hotel near the SC coast. Just finished breakfast in the common room with the news on TV. I’m not sure what channel but it wasn’t Fox. Full house. Everyone was laughing at and critcizing Biden’s performance.

Everyone.

Even the black folks were calling him a jerk.

Obama 2012!!/!

rogerb on October 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Is it possible that Biden was TRYING TO DISTRACT from what Ryan was saying?

PappyD61 on October 12, 2012 at 7:30 AM

EXACTLY what I was thinking… Biden was even MORE or an idiot than usual… it was practiced and planned…

The LSM are talking about what Biden did and how he acted, not what Paul Ryan said about Mitt Romney and the plans he has to fix the mess Obama has created…

The “Okeydoke”… or is it the “Bamboozle”?

Khun Joe on October 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Yep and he’s a heartbeat away from being President.. sure

theblacksheepwasright on October 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM

You guys are coming of as sore losers.
After your post-Romney debate win high…this is all it takes to unravel you?
Biden did what he was supposed to do. And for the most part did it well.
Ryan didn’t. He didn’t lose as bad as Obama did, but he did lose.
verbaluce on October 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

More like sore winners, and proud of it. There is nothing wrong with making fun of Biden and how he made a full of himself last night.

bluegill on October 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM

You guys are coming of as sore losers.
After your post-Romney debate win high…this is all it takes to unravel you?
Biden did what he was supposed to do. And for the most part did it well.
verbaluce on October 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

As you know, polls show that more people thought Paul Ryan won the debate. It is obvious to everyone that Biden simply made a fool of himself. Biden it did not help the Obama campaign in any way, and you know it.

bluegill on October 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Just in case this got lost in last night’s talk about the debate.

Times/Bay News 9/Herald exclusive Florida poll: Romney 51, Obama 44

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

The one haunting point from last night will be Biden not having a clue to what his own State Dept just testified to this week regarding a request for additional security in Libya…and run an ad with that, report 4 fatalities, and then come back to Joe laughing.

hillsoftx on October 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

The one haunting point from last night will be Biden not having a clue to what his own State Dept just testified to this week regarding a request for additional security in Libya…run an ad with that, report 4 fatalities, and then come back to Joe laughing.

hillsoftx on October 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Angry Dems! Occupy White House! We are in charge, but we are angry! Don’t take my government check away! Mitt is the devil!

Oil Can on October 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Yep and he’s a heartbeat away from being President.. sure

theblacksheepwasright on October 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM

The media told me that if I voted for John McCain we’d end up with an idiot as Vice President – they were right.

Flora Duh on October 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM