Fox News poll: Romney erases five-point Obama lead, now leads by one

posted at 7:21 pm on October 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

Two weeks ago, he trailed Obama 48/43. Today: Romney 46, Obama 45, which is nearly identical to what Reuters’s latest tracking poll shows. Add the Fox poll to the new Gallup and Rasmussen trackers and a couple of others, and voila — a 1.5 point lead for Mitt in the RCP poll of polls. Until this week, Romney had never led in RCP except for a few days last October, and even then his lead never exceeded 0.7 points. We’re in uncharted territory here at the right time.

Some of the Fox data will sound familiar based on what other recent polls are telling us, some of it not so much. The familiar: Romney’s now crushing Obama among independents — a 16-point swing — and his favorables have shot up since the debate, to the point where he actually scores slightly higher than O. Not so familiar:

Support for Obama is down a bit across the board — most notably among young voters: 50 percent of voters under age 30 back Obama, down from 58 percent two weeks ago.

According to the Fox News exit poll, 66 percent of young voters and 52 percent of independents backed Obama in the 2008 election.

As for the election’s key metric, the trendline says it all:

That’s a bad, bad number for The One less than a month out from election day and with the decisive sliver of undecideds now starting to make up their minds. The enthusiasm numbers are grim for him too, with Fox now showing a nine-point advantage for the GOP when voters are asked if they’re very or extremely interested in the election and a seven-point advantage when they’re asked if it’s “extremely” important for their candidate to win. Four years ago, just before election day, Obama had a six-point advantage on that same question. He ended up winning by seven.

Time for Democrats to start breathing into a paper bag? Maybe not just yet, but sounds from this Major Garrett piece like they’re getting the bags ready, just in case:

“This is the first time in this entire campaign some of the new people have seen a bad run,” said a senior Obama strategist. “The veterans are telling them they need to ride it out.”…

Internal Obama swing-state polling now confirms this harsh reality: The president’s lackluster performance cost him all of the advantages he built up through the Democratic National Convention and via Romney’s now-infamous dismissal of the “47 percent” of the country that he said in a closed-door fundraiser would never vote for him.

In other words, in 90 minutes, Obama flushed a month’s worth of convention and 47-percent bounce.

“We were in the lead, but that’s all washed away,” the president’s strategist said. “Now it’s up to us to make the case again against him. Most undecideds are making a choice about him, not the president.”

“We have all sorts of metrics beyond polls,” said another Obama advisor, which goes to show how much they dislike what they’re seeing in their polls right now.

Two more data sets from the Fox crosstabs, just for funsies. Made me laugh:

After that debate performance, O should consider it a moral victory that he’s still under 50 percent. This one is enjoyable too, and more relevant to the voting booth:

Poor President Downgrade. As for the sample, it’s D+1, which is solid given the inevitable surge towards Republican identification after Romney’s debate win. Team Mitt says they’re expecting D+3 on election day, but who knows? If Obama follows through on his ingenious new “all Big Bird, all the time” strategy down the stretch, D+1 or even doesn’t seem so far-fetched.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Romney will take: VA, NC, OH, FL, PA, CO, NV, AND MI!

nazo311 on October 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

You had me until MI. No way that Mitt is taking MI if Debbie Stabenow is really up by 20 points.

But that brings up an interesting point. I’ve got to wonder what kind of calls the DNC will be getting if candidates who thought themselves relatively safe find their polls plummeting in the wake of Obama’s first debate and subsequent emphasis on saving Big Bird.

Happy Nomad on October 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

It kind of makes you wonder what Obama will do in the next debate. I think he will get out there and really lay it on thick.

Terrye on October 10, 2012 at 8:07

PM

I suspect all he’ll do is rally the base…but he already has them…

CW on October 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

JPeterman on October 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM

We can always use many more like him. I thought you would enjoy. Just making sure you didn’t miss it. Superb.

Bmore on October 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

It’s looking like Obama would be happy if the 47% thing was true. Might boost his poll numbers.

Happy Nomad

And there’s his response right there: “Mr President, if I had your poll numbers right now, I’d take that 47% and be happy with it.”

Ozwitch on October 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

omg, who could have ever thought this was going to happen?…the most brilliant men/women in our Republic’s history have given us gifts of heathcare rights, and free abortions, and food stamps…and they are sooooooooo smart, and soooooooo nice and sooooooo visionary, how could they not predict this

The owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants is putting more workers on part-time status in a test aimed at limiting the impact of looming health coverage requirements.

Darden Restaurants declined to give details but said the test is only in restaurants in four markets across the country. The test entails increasing the number of workers on part-time status, meaning they work less than 30 hours a week. Under the new health care act, companies will be required to provide health care to full-time employees by 2014. That would significantly boost labor costs for businesses.

r keller on October 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Okay I’ve seen that American Future Fund ad probably 20 times in the last couple of days.

Weird

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

..he’ll be back tomorrow.

The convicted felon and avowed pederast has an appointment with his parole officer this afternoon. Then he and his Guatemalan pool-boy live-in lover are going out this evening to a show-tune revue in The Castro District.

The War Planner on October 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!! Funniest thing I’ve read all day! And I’ve been reading…ugh…liberal media stories….eeewwwwwww

kcd on October 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

pretty sure that President Obama will bite Romney’s ear off before it’s all over…

equanimous on October 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I want him to cry.

Curtiss on October 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Same here. Or………… on election night when he has to concede the election with Big MO growling by his side.

Cody1991 on October 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Oh my, that was beautiful.

Rational Thought on October 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Absolutely agree. I cannot tell you what pride someone like that brings out in me. That man, through his heavy accent describes the essence of the American Dream better than a lot of people who were born here. He is who we are.

I hope it goes viral also.

hawkdriver on October 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

Over 11,000 people came to hear the Gov speak tonight (we were expecting 3,000) Ohio is Romney Country!

This is a great sign.

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Terrye on October 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM

What do you mean by laying it on thick?

My sense is that Obama will be overly-agressive to make up for his self-described being “too nice” in the first debate. My hope is that he comes off looking like an angry prick.

But seriously, what does Obama have to offer in debate other more of the same and character assassination of his opponent? As has been proven, Romney can be effective in countering the same talking points we have been hearing from the rat-eared one for years.

Happy Nomad on October 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Huge crowd for Romney tonight in Sidney, Ohio, per Twitter:

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

JenWestin on October 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

petunia on October 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Paglia is smart and an excellent writer, but she is not practically a Republican.

INC on October 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Great minds think alike! :)

JenWestin on October 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Just like Stacy, I am voting for my candidate for the content of his character, not the color of his skin…. or his ignorance, or his arrogance, or his… (I added that last part…)

kcd on October 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Bmore on October 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I just found his business card, I will call him tomorrow and see if I can donate to keep the video on the air.

I would have a difficult time sitting in front of a camera because of my accent.

JPeterman on October 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Huge crowd for Romney tonight in Sidney, Ohio, per Twitter:

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

JenWestin on October 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Meanwhile, Obama spent two days this week in non-competitive California, raising money.

I like the way this race is shaping up. Pour it on, Team Mitt…

JohnGalt23 on October 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM

WOW, that was a wonderful ad !! Posted it on our FB.

Speaking of which … From Rush :

(Rush Limbaugh and the EIB Network)
Hey everyone,
We are going to be doing live commentary right here from Facebook for the VP debate!
Make sure to tune in

!

pambi on October 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Ozwitch on October 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

OOOH! No!!!! Killer zinger but candidates never EVER talk about poll numbers other than in generic terms. They don’t even like to acknowledge that they follow polling hence the whole “well, the only poll that matters is the one that happens on November the 6th” bit. Polls are too fluid to gloat at any particular point in time.

Happy Nomad on October 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Great ad. Thanks for posting the link. I’m sending it along.

Cheers!

Cody1991 on October 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM

JPeterman on October 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

He seems very comfortable in his own skin. As he should be. The subtitles were a nice addition for folks who have a tough time with the accent. Me, I would have a tough time on his side of the camera for other reasons. Lol!

Bmore on October 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM

JPeterman on October 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Oh, and JPeterman, tell him how much we all loved and appreciate him and the spot. ; )

Bmore on October 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

This is a great sign.

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

GG, you posted some photos from another rally in Ohio with a crowd of ~ 10,000 a couple of days ago, right?

Wow. This is really encouraging. Just got off the phone with a couple of people, and it’s great to hear everyone starting to feel hopeful and enthusiastic.

Cody1991 on October 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Oooooooops!

As Democrats cry foul, “Moderate Mitt” rises in polls

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio
Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10pm EDT
***************************

(Reuters) – Not long ago, Republican Mitt Romney’s crowds on the campaign trail were mostly in the hundreds, he was fading in the polls and his calls to create jobs by limiting government’s reach seemed overrun by his own missteps.

Then a new Mitt Romney emerged.
(More…………)
==================

canopfor on October 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Big Bird strikes back …

Pork-Chop on October 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Cody1991 on October 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Yep – most events he’s drawing over 10,000 people now.

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

JPeterman on October 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Would you let us all know if some $$$ would help ???
And, share our best regards !!

pambi on October 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Ewwwwwww .. Check out Zero’s pic on Drudge !!
Oh, yeah, bring it, big man !!!
LOLOL.

pambi on October 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

INC on October 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Nope, she just hates what her not so smart sistas did to the idea of the version of feminism that she pioneered in the 70s…no wonder she calls herself a ‘disident feminist’ these days….

jimver on October 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I still think Obama wins with around 51% of the vote. And if he does win, it was the jobs report that was the defining moment.

gumbyandpokey on October 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Actually, I’d like to see him dragged off a stage in a straight jacket, but I’ll settle for a tearful hissy fit. – Cody1991 on October 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Here is what you can expect to see: he will make his concession speech rather calmly and with great equanimity. As riots break out in Detroit, Chicago, New York, Cleveland and a dozen other major urban centers, he will ponder the consequences of declaring martial law but will decline to do so when he realizes that the military rank and file (who despise him beyond description) will likely refuse to obey their orders.

After a night of fitful sleep, he will devote the remaining ten weeks of his term to wreaking as much havoc and destruction as he can with pardons and executive orders.

ManlyRash on October 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

You know Obama is going to bring up the “47%” in the townhall. I hope Romney has a solid and steady response or this can all be erased.

ThePrez on October 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

The next debate is on foreign policy in a townhall format.

I have no doubt the SCOAMF will find a ringer to feed him a 47% question.

But the time constraints and debate format/rules will contain it.

Like everyone else, I am confident romney has a prepared response. Off the top of my head I would start with,

“Gee, President Obama , I guess you and your team were too busy trying to figure out WHO to blame for your poor showing during our last debate but I retracted my statement on October 4th. … Let me catch you up, …”

Side note: I am SO glad Tagg Romney stepped up BEFORE the debate and got his father to change direction.

PolAgnostic on October 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

ManlyRash on October 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

He can issue Presidential pardons out the wazoo – and will.

When it comes to Executive Orders – he’s back to the same problem with the military and martial law. He can issue an EO but the careerists in the various Agencies are not going to be too eager to spend time in front of Darrel Issa with lawyers while the SCOAMF is playing golf in Hawaii come January 21st.

PolAgnostic on October 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM

ManlyRash on October 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

And God knows how much classified information to be sent to America’s enemies.

Liam on October 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM

PolAgnostic on October 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, I think he has a response at the ready, and he’ll surely get the opportunity to use it. I think America will see angry, mocking Barack next week.

And so far, it seems like Tagg has taken them in the right direction.

changer1701 on October 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM

And God knows how much classified information to be sent to America’s enemies. – Liam on October 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Indeed…an issue I raised last night in another comment thread.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

ManlyRash on October 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Cody1991 on October 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Yep – most events he’s drawing over 10,000 people now.

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM

No homeless people paid to attend either, and no greedy union members forced by their union to attend. No one hired off Craigslist to be there. All were attending of their own free choice!

slickwillie2001 on October 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

The next debate is on foreign policy in a townhall format.

I think the next debate can be about everything, since it’s a townhall format and the audience is asking the questions. The third debate is definitely foreign policy.

joejm65 on October 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Mitt is drawing crowds.

Obama is crayoning big bird.

SparkPlug on October 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM

People are sick of Barky now.

Do you think slick Willie will go out and stump for obama now?

Hail no.

SparkPlug on October 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM

ManlyRash on October 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM

He is indeed a nasty piece of work. However, I tend to think that by the end of the campaign he will be in a total meltdown. He looks demoralized and haggard.

This will be his first major defeat, so anything is possible. I just see him as a passive, weak person who likes to bully but doesn’t have the stones to follow through. It’s possible that cooler heads my council him go golfing rather than diminishing the Dem Party further.

Bottom line, however, is that nothing will surprise me.

On another note, Manly, it’s good to have you back!

Cody1991 on October 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

ManlyRash on October 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Oh, I have many concerns. My main one is that the southern border is purposely left porous for a reason. After all, what casual passerby can tell the difference between an Hispanic and a Middle Easterner?

Liam on October 10, 2012 at 9:03 PM

IBD poll has Romney up by 5.

Terrye on October 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM

IBD poll has Romney up by 5.

Terrye on October 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM

And up 1 in Reuters/IPSOS.

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Go to drudge

Mitt49
Dorky 44

SparkPlug on October 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Yet another “Romney within 2 in Ohio” poll:

Whoops, I meant PA

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Yep – most events he’s drawing over 10,000 people now.

gophergirl

That’s not very good.

Gumbydonkey

xblade on October 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Go to drudge

Mitt49
Dorky 44

SparkPlug on October 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

That picture of Obama looks like he’s going to pop a blood vessel.

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Just got a call from a pollster, number was in Las Vegas, NV. Most questions were skewed to be Pro-Obama, and seemed to be testing out whether there were certain attack lines that would change my vote from Romney to Obama. It was the same old things we’ve been hearing for months. No new attacks.

Halfway through her eighth question she abruptly thanked me for my time and hung up. Not sure the meaning of that.

Seems to me the panic button has been pressed by Team Obama. This is not what a campaign that thinks they are winning will go out and do. They haven’t seen to have found a message yet.

The oddest part of this is that I live in PA and supposedly this state is a lock for Obama.

goflyers on October 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM

goflyers on October 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM

That’s excellent news.

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

This is a great sign.

gophergirl on October 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Body man…body man, like Obama’s body man? Or just a normal body man?

Anyway, glad to see Romney and Christie in my hometown of Mount Vernon, OH at a company near and dear to my heart. Great townhall there.

On my run tonight in suburban northeast Franklin county (within earshot of the outerbelt) I counted 10 Romney signs and 2 Obama signs. I like a 5:1 ratio. These burbs were not feeling this way in 2008. No way no how.

adurb44 on October 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

WOW!! Thanks for posting that.

bluealice on October 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

ThePrez on October 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

“You defend Big Bird but not Ambassador Stevens”

Game over.

Alberta_Patriot on October 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Happy Nomad on October 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

It will be close, but he’ll win it in the end. It will be a bad night for O on election night.

nazo311 on October 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Obama’s Pollster: “Polls don’t matter”

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Yet another “Romney within 2 in Ohio” poll:

Whoops, I meant PA

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Internals 45D/37R/15I for D+8. Also, gender gap was +6 for women, and depending on if they had more single women than married, those tend to break for Obama.

In 2008, Pennsylvania was D+7 and Obama carried the state by just over 10. So if this poll is D+8 and showing Obama +2, game on!

italianguy626 on October 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Now it’s up to us to make the case again against him

And that sums up this lousy excuse of a President, he can’t run on his own record, his only chance was to frame Romney as a bad choice. That ship has sailed.

cadams on October 10, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Okay… thanks to who ever posted that Salon article on Camille Paglia!

She is practically a Republican now! She isn’t voting Republican because she can’t bear that we think Newt is an intellectual… same as me!!!! I
petunia

So, let me get this straight.

Camille helps vote this inept president to ruin American lives everywhere, but she can’t bring herself to help us vote him out, because she’s too smart to be a Republican?

Sorry. She deserves a spanking like a toddler not revenue buying her book leaving us poor schmucks to deal with the devil.

Typicalwhitewoman on October 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Happy Nomad on October 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I hope we get to see his “angry black man” imitation, complete with his phony ‘hood accent. Tell Americans again how Katrina victims didn’t get their fair share of federal dollahs, Barry. Tell Americans again how Katrina victims weren’t treated as well as the victims of Hurricane Andrew or the 9/11 victims (even though Katrina victims received far more federal aid than the Andrew and 9/11 victims, combined). Tell Americans again how the federal government would not waive the Stafford Act for Katrina victims, even though the government did, in fact, issue a waiver (despite the fact that one Senator Barry Obama voted against the waiver). Tell Americans again how Katrina victims were discriminated against by the federal government because they’re black, and therefore not considered part of the American family.

C’mon Barry, let Americans see the “community organizing” race-baiting liar and phony you’ve always been, Barry. Let all Americans, of every color, see what an evil POS you really are.

AZCoyote on October 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM

IBD/Tipp Poll: Romney + 5. Be sure to read the breakdown in the link.

The goods

Oh, it’s +8D

Lord of the Wings on October 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Today:

Romney up in Rasmussen
Romney tied in Gallup
Romney doubled his lead on RCP average

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I mentioned this in an earlier thread and didn’t get a response from him. And now this. Do you think it’s time for an intervention? Does anyone have contact info?

Or maybe Bmore’s request has been granted after all…

IamDA on October 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Beautiful. The anti-Soros. More, more, more please.

Dirt McGirt on October 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Seriously, where is gutmeandpokeme???

Lanceman on October 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Dick Morris on Greta said he just saw a new poll from trusted pollster John McClaughlin that has Romney up 3 points over Obama, 49-46, in Pennsylvania.

John the Libertarian on October 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Mitt-mentum.

Joe Mama on October 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

John the Libertarian on October 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Hahaha. No way.

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Well played, but every time you answer it makes it larger and dumber.

Del Dolemonte on October 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

BD poll has Romney up by 5.

Terrye on October 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM

And up 1 in Reuters/IPSOS.

Chuck Schick on October 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Reuters Poll is an online one. Believe at own risk.

Del Dolemonte on October 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Seriously, where is gutmeandpokeme??? – Lanceman on October 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Last I heard he was knocking back boilermakers with Baghdad Bob at the Sunset Grille.

ManlyRash on October 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM

John the Libertarian on October 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Morris is useless.

But I always did like Mahavishnu. Even if the name is spelled differently.

Del Dolemonte on October 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Poor, poor Lanceman. I know you hate me. Look on the bright side maybe the napalm I recommended didn’t do the job. You might also ask Ed. He was in a good mood first thing out of the gate this a.m. I really like it when Ed hasn’t had his coffee yet. Ed was in good form. Nice swing. ; )

Bmore on October 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Exactly. Under Obama, because of his policies, the poor have become poorer. If he is re-elected, they will become poorer still. Even more unemployed, more on foodstamps, higher regressive energy costs. Hopefully some of the will be smart enough to see it and vote R.

talkingpoints on October 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM

The polls have been really encouraging for the last week or so. Here’s hoping that Ryan can keep the momentum going for our side tomorrow!

ghostwriter on October 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Thank you, Django. That is OUTSTANDING! I’ve sent it to everyone in my address book…what a Great American Thomas Petterffy is!

Strike Hornet on October 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

…geez…the high profile people coming out about voting for JugEars…and now a private citizen doing his own ad…this is getting to be something!

KOOLAID2 on October 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Lots of new Polls coming out tonight, though unfortunately a large chunk of them are NBC Marist polls.

Gird your loins folks, they used a D+11 sample for Ohio. 9_9

WolvenOne on October 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Great, must-see professional ad paid for by private citizen Thomas Petterffy:

Django on October 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

KOOLAID2 on October 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

That is a fantastic ad; thanks Django, for posting.
Thank you KOOLAID’ for re-posting.

God bless you, Thomas Peterffy.

So he’s from Hungary, huh? Reminds me of someone else also from Hungary … someone fairly familiar. His name’s on the tip of my tongue . . .
. . . . ( aw crap . . . what IS that name ? )
Well, anyway … whatever his name is, we should send this other guy back to Hungary “in chains”. Let them stick him in a Hungarian prison.

listens2glenn on October 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

The pre-school my wife works (worked) at just changed everyone’s hours around so that everyone is now part-time. They just couldn’t afford the mandatory health-care on top of paying their staff minimum wage, without making it impossible for working mom’s to afford their services.

But heck, if the working mom’s get cut to part-time too, then they won’t have to pay so much for child care – see how compassionate it all is? Pretty soon we can all work part-time, minimum wage, jobs and then we can all pay the government for not having health insurance, but at least we will qualify for an obama-phone!

Gotta love the dems caring for the po-folk and promotin freedom for all of us.

Fatal on October 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Terrye on October 10, 2012 at 8:07

As others have pointed out, Obama going for the throat in the next debate will draw comparisons to how Al Gore didn’t have “level” performance throughout his three debates with Bush 43. (But it’s going to damn hard for Obama not to go full tilt, since his base thinks he should precisely do that, in going for and ripping out Mitt’s throat.) Go to far one way, then come back somewhere in between for the third should deserve complete mocking by the blogosphere, if SNL doesn’t pick it up.

Best thing for Romney to do is have a level performance throughout all three of the debates. The steadiness will be perceived as Presidential, unlike Obama, if he truly casts aside politeness, since he thinks that’s why lost the 1st debate.

If Romney is level, steady, and prepared for “zingers” from Obama, especially so with good humor, then we’re looking at a landslide win over Obama in November.

Jurisprudence on October 11, 2012 at 2:09 AM

cheating and lying will get us over the top, they did in 2008…../the ‘veterans/

ted c on October 11, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Investors Business Daily

Oct. 10, 2012

Romney: +5.0

maverick muse on October 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Camille Paglia’s ripped out Obama’s throat and kicked Hillary’s fat ass while burning the MFM.

Last night, the only true believer in Obama that PBS Gwen Eyefull could use in her national potus campaign report was an Obama campaign worker. When you have to ask a campaign worker how they’re going to vote ’12 in order to pump up your bias, BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

maverick muse on October 11, 2012 at 8:46 AM

NBC/Marist has Obama blowing out Romney in OH.

The Ohio firewall is still in place.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM

New NYT/CBS polls. CO: Romney 48, Obama 47, VA: Obama 51, Romney 46, WI: Obama 50, Romney 47.

Lose VA and lose the election.

So much for Romney’s momentum.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Rasmussen Thursday. Obama 48-47. Romney pulls indies 46-45, republicans 87-8, democrats 12-86.

I was off by one day. The debate bump is GONE. Obama leads in Ras. Swing state polls out show Obama in total control.

TOLD YA SO.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM

GFY

BeachBum on October 11, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Lose VA and lose the election.

So much for Romney’s momentum.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM

But the same NBC/Marist has Romney ahead in Virginia.

sentinelrules on October 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM

NBC/Marist has Obama blowing out Romney in OH.

The Ohio firewall is still in place.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM

But NBC wrote that people should ignore their Ohio poll because of the D+12 sample.

sentinelrules on October 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM

NBC/Marist has Obama blowing out Romney in OH.

The Ohio firewall is still in place.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM

The fact you would site a poll with fantasy sample skews shows you don’t really care about ethics in polling….or maybe you are just stupid.

Do you really think that the D/R/I is Ohio is going to be 40/29/29? Do you think it’s going to be the best presidential election year for Democrats in Ohio, never mind since 2008, but in recent history? This is a continuing trend too as a probably a third of the polls released this election cycle have sample skews so ridiculous and 99% towards one candidate/party you can only assume that it is an intentional attempt to influence the elections. Whenever a poll comes out, one of the first things anyone should do is check the partisan breakdown in the sample. What’s worse about that Ohio poll is that the previous wave actually had a more realistic D/R/I of 36/31/32 and you really think that the debates would have the effect of widening that lead?

To believe this poll is to be a hack, a sheep, or a moron. Which are you?

It’s become a big issue for any Independent minded person. Do you wan’t polling that actually gives the public a snapshot of where the race stands or do you wan’t biased polls skewed to support one candidate and so tell us nothing about the actual state of the race?

Zybalto on October 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM

sentinelrules on October 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM

It still shows up in the RCP poll averages though doesnt it…..

Ahhh a new twist on peddling their crap. Release a biased poll, site the fact it is biased in a statement, laugh as clueless/allied media still promote it.

Zybalto on October 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

TOLD YA SO.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM

My God… you’re such a dunce..

The momentum is purely on Mitt’s side.. all the movement has been to him.. that a poll here of there doesn’t jib with that trend isn’t unexpected.. and you are a straw grasping tool… forever spinning spinning spinning for the Fool in Chief..

Tell you what, stay away from sharp objects during the Ryan Biden debate.. when Joe starts crying real tears of frustration… I doubt for your sanity..

and really..

Obama could be down by 20 points.. and you’d be here still telling us the same thing,… still spinning spinning spinning…

mark81150 on October 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM

NBC/Marist has Obama blowing out Romney in OH.

The Ohio firewall is still in place.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I’m a Buckeye.. I live here..

and you are utterly insane.. Nobody here is happy for Obama, there are no yard signs.. almost no bumper stickers.. nothing for Obama.. but the odd newspaper editorial or left wing blogger making stuff up..

Ohio has been in near depression for almost a decade, and we’re sick of democrat rule.. their regime has only made things worse..

and busing in unionista’s to protest 10,000 plus crowds in Small Ohio towns, doesn’t change the facts on the ground..

Mount Vernon is just a few miles from where I live.. the whole town barely has 30,000 people in it.. to draw a 10,000 plus crowd, means a lot of folks are driving distances to attend Romney events..

The trend is clear to those of us who live here..

and the MSM can’t change the truth no matter how much thry try..

and neither can you fool…

Mitt will win Ohio by 5… even if the SEIU drags people out of their homes waving crowbars.. OHIO IS SICK OF HIM… and you shills.

mark81150 on October 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Romeny needs to keep hammering on PBS, NPR, Solyndra and other ‘green energy’ boondoggles.

nazo311 on October 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Looking back now at the conventions, the Obama bounce may have only looked like a bounce because of the low key aspects of the republicans conducting their convention during a hurricane. AND, after that, the news immediately switched to covering Obama’s campaign, so much so, that republicans thought Romney wasn’t campaigning. I was at a rally that weekend, it got ZERO media coverage, and the people were hyped. It was well attended, and there were not a shortage of women voters like we were being told.

If you remember, the REAL Obama convention wasn’t very good, Obama was lackluster and gave a boring speech, no tides, no post racial country, and we thought it was bad, but then, the media told us Clinton had saved him. (Clinton said that everyone’s dog eats their homework the first time, it takes 8 years how to be a really good president.)

Fleuries on October 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM

You are the living embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

HTL on October 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Fleuries on October 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM

sounds very plausible.

jimver on October 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM

TOLD YA SO.

gumbyandpokey on October 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Rasmussen: Swing State Tracking: Romney 49%, Obama 48%

“I think you will see a tightening in the national polls going forward. What I care way more about it Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, Wisconsin, etc. In those states, I feel our pathways to victory are there. There are two different campaigns, one in the battlegrounds and one everywhere else. THAT’S WHY THE NATIONAL POLLS AREN’T RELEVANT TO THIS CAMPAIGN.

- Jim Messina, Obama 2012 National Campaign Manager, 22 September 2012

So, which is it, Gumby?

Resist We Much on October 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM

It took Obama a while to lose $535 million on Solyndra, but he needed only 90 debate minutes to blow the $40 million convention poll bounce. He’s getting much better at losing money quickly…

Colony14 on October 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM