Quotes of the day

posted at 10:54 pm on October 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

Having been routed in the first debate, President Obama has found a comeback strategy: Fly Big Bird. Specifically, mock Mitt Romney’s call to cut federal subsidies for the millionaires at the Sesame Workshop and pledge to defend the Public Broadcasting Service no matter how much money the Treasury has to borrow…

According to financial statements for the year ended June 30, 2011, Sesame Workshop and its nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries had total operating revenue of more than $134 million. They receive about $8 million a year in direct government grants and more indirectly via PBS subsidies. Big Bird and friends also receive corporate and foundation support, and donations amount to about a third of revenue. Distribution fees and royalties comprise another third and licensing revenue makes up the rest…

So Big Bird likes to maximize revenues and investment gains as much as the next muppet. And now the President has made this adorable critter the symbol of federal programs that allegedly require eternal taxpayer aid, even if it has to be put on the future tax bill of today’s pre-schoolers. Is that funny?

***

President Obama, who has railed against the “fat-cat bankers on Wall Street” and the wealthy, has been an eager defender of Big Bird and public broadcasting this week in light of Mitt Romney’s comments that he would defund it in last week’s debate. But it turns out that many of those behind Big Bird are actually members of the 1 percent themselves (anyone with a total income of $343,927 or more as of 2009), based on their salaries…

And while the actor who plays Big Bird (Carroll Spinney) doesn’t have a salary that puts him in the 1 percent, he’s not far off: Spinney makes $314,072.

***

Public broadcasting is the deathless government program par excellence. It may have made some sense a few generations ago, when there were in effect three broadcast television stations, limited radio offerings, and enormous regulatory and economic barriers standing in the way of new market entrants. But that no longer is the case: Anybody with a few thousand dollars and an Internet connection can launch a television series or a radio program today and reach an audience of millions. We have more television stations than we can watch, more radio stations than we can listen to, and instantaneous connections to most of the world’s media. In fact, we could multiply public broadcasting expenditures a hundredfold and do practically nothing to improve on the already vast richness of our media environment. Firing Line is a beloved memory, but in 2012 such programming would not require a public-broadcasting infrastructure to thrive. If PBS doesn’t do it, 10 million others will.

And while PBS and NPR give very little offense beyond their bland, conventional liberalism, the United States is not the sort of country that should have government-run media — or even media that is only 6 percent government run. Public broadcasting, like so much associated with the progressive heyday, is fundamentally un-republican.

We welcome this debate. The Democrats will, as usual, cry that this is about “the children,” but l’affair Big Bird shows us precisely who the children really are.

***

As strategic miscalculations go, the ad is pretty devastating because it answers the big question that emerged from wreckage of last week’s miserable performance: Why was Obama’s performance so bad? The Big Bird ad seems to suggest that the Obama campaign was unable to respond to Romney’s aggressive critiques simply because there’s no substance to their campaign. They don’t know what they’re fighting for, as opposed to calling Romney a liar and grasping at Romney’s claim that making taxpayers pay for an extremely profitable children’s television show might not be necessary in an era where America owes trillions. By contrast, since the debate Romney’s embraced big themes and made a major foreign policy address. As Maggie Haberman at Politico pointed out this morning, this is exactly the “small ball” politicking that made the Romney campaign the source of press derision for so long. Now Romney’s flipped the script…

If the narrative heading into the VP debate is that the Obama campaign isn’t running on substance, and Joe Biden tries to win the debate purely on his likability and style points—it could fall flat in a big way. Big Bird just cut off Biden’s best chance at winning the debate, because relying on the fact that America will bond with an avuncular Joe Biden will reinforce the narrative that the Obama campaign doesn’t have serious answers. Biden’s biggest strength is now a potential weakness.

***

“This could be the worst ad I’ve ever seen. I make an appeal to people in Chicago, run this ad every night over and over again, spend all of your money and time on this. This is an ad that is trivial, it diminishes the presidency. It assumes, of course, that everybody wants to subsidize a company that, as we heard from Shannon [Bream] is a third of a billion dollar enterprise,” Washington Post columnist Charles Krauthammer said on “Special Report” tonight.

“And for Obama to be talking about it — I love the way he said this is the biggest driver of the debt. The biggest driver of our debt, according to Obama himself, is Medicare, he’s done nothing on that. And it was the same rip on Medicare that Romney mentioned PBS as the way to say we’re going to go from the biggest expenditures to the most trivial expenditures because we have to go after everything when we have a deficit this large. And just as an additional thing for anybody to run an ad that reminds people of the worst debate that any president has ever had, I think is a big mistake and I hope they just keep running it until the end of time.”

***

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

SparkPlug on October 10, 2012 at 2:15 AM

It probably has all the prestige that the Nobel Peace Prize since they gave it to Obama for no reason.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Thanks! I need to stop being Debbie Downer now.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:22 AM

You have better hair…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM

SparkPlug on October 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Thank you both. I am not very good at this. Her hip healed really well, it’s the apparent dementia that seems to be what is keeping her there so long.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Thanks. She wasn’t doing very well before this happened. She had a few strokes over the past eight years. My dad is starting to wonder if she is ever going home. He won’t ever be able to leave her alone, and he’s kind of scared.

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

PS: I second everything GoHawgs said. My sister and I shared the care of my mother in her last three months, and we had to stay on top of everything at the hospitals and nursing home because the staff are just too few and come-and-go too much to be aware of each patient as a person.

The most gentle lady, the most polite and God fearing you would every have met when I first met her. Let’s just say it got awkward.
Bmore on October 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM

My mom had some of the same (ahem) problems. A good friend also went through a rough time with her parents, but once they were able to get off of some of their medications, they reverted to their normal sweet selves. It would seem that some of our “cures” depress the part of our brain that allows us to keep the civilized cortical functions in control.

If I didn’t know better I would say she watches too much CSI.
Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM

What a hoot!
We kept a journal of Mother’s ramblings, because some of them were so funny (it made the other things not quite so unbearable).

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I bet he his. My sister had my aunt at her home but finally had to put her in assisted living because my aunt never wanted her to leave the house. It makes me want to move back to Virginia to help.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM

He won’t ever be able to leave her alone, and he’s kind of scared.

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Your Mom may do better once she’s home and in a familar/comfortable setting. If not, there are lots of resources for your Dad and Mom so, don’t despair…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Did you see that magazine spread being done on her? I defy her family to recognize her.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:20 AM

My daughter and I went up the other day, and we were taking her outside for awhile and she told me she was supposed to use her walker instead of the wheelchair. I almost fell for it and then I thought, really? They would want her outside walking herself? I tracked down a nurse and they said absolutely not! So I had to get them to go in and tell her since she wouldn’t take my word for it.

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Gracias. Como estas esta noche?

thatsafactjack on October 10, 2012 at 1:58 AM

LOL, mi fuego, es una buena vida. Como no.

TXUS on October 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I saw that too — wow!
Makes you wonder what all the super-models look like without the “fixin’s”.
My sister-and-brother-in-law, in days past, moonlighted with a “glam photo” business that did the same sort of thing for ordinary folks.

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Nope, normally I don’t have a desire to hurl…I’m sure her family welcome the change…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Dementia is brutal. I have to think it is probably scary for them.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM

My mom was the same.
No matter how old we get, we’re still just kids to them!

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I’m sure her family welcome the change…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM

It’s not like she can walk around holding the magazine in front of her. Although I bet she keeps a copy handy. One of the dresses she was wearing cost $2000. She was just in an article as one of the poorest members of Congress. I can’t imagine why.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Dementia is brutal. I have to think it is probably scary for them.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Yeah but, in some cases, I also think it can be a blessing for them…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:38 AM

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I could stand people to see me through a “filtered” lens. I wonder how many times she has had to say, “No, seriously, that’s me!”.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I’m sure you’re right. This is the first anyone in my family has had to deal with this sort of thing, we are ignorant. Only one of my grandparents ever even made it to a personal care home, and she was in her right mind until she died. We’ll figure it out.

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Check it out, you may be incredulous but you won’t hurl.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Someone should tell Obozo that Big Bird is not a real baby bird.

RalphyBoy on October 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

One last thing CM and Night Owl…

Music. Music seems to help a lot with those suffering from dementia. Figure out what they like and play it ALL DAY if necessary to help them remain calm. Harder to do in a facility, easier at home. Whether radio, cd’s or TV try music…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:40 AM

That’s the one positive thing about the rehab and assisted living, they have seen it all before. For us, it is new and frightening. Maybe your dad can get someone to come to the house to give him a break once she gets home. My uncle got help because he is a member of the Shriners. And you’d be amazed what they are eligible for through Medicare. I think they would rather pay for part time home care than a nursing home.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

U2 – Heartland

the new aesthetic on October 10, 2012 at 2:45 AM

My mom was the same.
No matter how old we get, we’re still just kids to them!

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:37 AM

LOL! That’s the truth. My dad still won’t let me go up on my own roof to clear off branches and leaves. He’s 74. I have to stand down below with the phone so I can call 911 if he falls!

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Funny that you would mention that. In the hospital they had a TV station that played easy listening music and showed pictures of birds, puppies, flowers, landscapes, etc. etc. It was really soothing for her.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Saw the Vogue pics on some website, and she was very pretty and, yes, unrecognizable as DWS. With that kind of airbrushing and photo-shopping, what the hell, maybe I could like Cary or Clark or, let’s throw the kitchen sink in, Clooney.

TXUS on October 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

RalphyBoy on October 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

And no lady pieces to protect.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM

TXUS on October 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I like your first to choices. Clooney would be okay if we would promise not to speak.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Someone should tell Obozo that Big Bird is not a real baby bird.

RalphyBoy on October 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Someone said earlier it’s amazing that he can muster so much outrage over the possible demise of a fake bird than he can for the people who were killed in Libya.

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Check it out, you may be incredulous but you won’t hurl.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I was soooooooo ready to cuss you, CM. A real life case of “invasion of the body snatchers”, that spread is…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

And I bet they tell you that you are stubborn (my aunt says bullheaded). At least we know we come by it honest.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I don’t care what anyone says, it’s not her. There isn’t that much airbrushing in the universe. And it’s not like I think she is horrible looking, that’s just not her.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I like your first to choices. Clooney would be okay if we he would promise not to speak.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

The only thing my father is a member of is the Tri-State Stock Car Racing Hall of Fame- LOL! He’s looking into other avenues, like you said, Medicare does offer some help at home. And then there’s me…

Hey, I heard DWS isn’t doing so well in her election effort. Is that still true?

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Amen to that! Another sister-and-brother-in-law run a hospice, and most of their job is explaining to family members what to expect and what they should plan for.

Get help wherever you can! Have you checked with your aunt’s church to see if they can do anything to help, like sitting with her while your sister takes a break? My mother had a number of “younger” friends (75 instead of 83!) who would come and visit for an hour or two so we could run errands or just nap without keeping one ear open.

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:52 AM

I don’t know. She hasn’t been on TV much so either she had massive plastic surgery or she is home campaigning. I would bet on campaigning. I am sure you father appreciates all you can do.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Thanks! She does like music.

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:56 AM

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

You are full of good ideas!

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:58 AM

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 2:54 AM

My aunt is now in assisted living. She is lucky to have a very nice pension and investments that allow her to be in a nice place very close to our houses. I was trying to give Night Owl some ideas for his dad. We have a friend who’s father won’t consider putting his wife (her mom) in assisted living and this lady calls the police on her husband on a regular basis. I feel very lucky when she tells me what is going on with her mom.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:59 AM

CM and Night Owl,

kj and INC have my email addy if either of you want to talk more. Since you’re also in NE TN Night Owl, you might know “powerpro” – she too has my addy…

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

I’m going to go watch Red Eye and promptly fall asleep. Talk to everyone tomorrow. May we all have better days.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Speaking of paranoia:

North Korea today warned that mainland America is now within range of its missiles as it accused the U.S. of conspiring with South Korea.

It comes after Seoul announced that it has reached a deal with Washington allowing it to nearly triple the range of its missiles to better cope with North Korean nuclear threats.

North Korea claims the move proves that the allies are plotting to invade the country – calling the deal a ‘product of another conspiracy of the master and the stooge’ to ‘ignite a war’ against the North.

Can a country suffer from dementia by having its higher cortical functions depressed by madmen?

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Gohawgs on October 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Thanks! I am optimistic that tomorrow will be a better day.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Maybe he has bad intel, like Obama!!!

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Good night All, sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

‘Night CM — wishing your aunt a good recovery and speedy return to her home.

AesopFan on October 10, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Good night, Cindy, and I am as well to the great white biscuit that is my bed.

TXUS on October 10, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I am embarrassed to have an incompetent, overrated empty suit like Obama as president. Obama’s campaign is a desperate mess.

Obama needs to go.

Voting for president is not an exercise in charity; enough with the “oh, poor Obama, he tried real hard so don’t blame him for his utterly failed presidency.” No, Obama needs to be held accountable. His policies flopped. He doesn’t deserve reelection. It’s time for someone better. Our country deserves WAY better than the baloney we’re being served up by Obama.

We all need to get out there and vote Romney like our country depends on it… because it does. We must pull out all the stops in our get-out-the-vote efforts. Don’t be intimidated by the vicious, foot-stomping, welfare-loving jerks who worship Obama and attack you for daring to stand up for the truth. We will win this thing because the good, freedom-loving, patriotic, hard-working, decent people still outnumber the race-obsessed, class warrior leeches.

Everyone (regardless of race, background, etc.) with a clue knows that Romney/Ryan is the smart choice and only choice for our prosperity. A Romney victory will be a victory OVER slimeball character assassination politics and a victory FOR what makes our country great.

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Big Bird, the Cookie Monster and Baracko the Clown. How are the mighty fallen!

paulbriggs on October 10, 2012 at 4:19 AM

I know some may think it,s spam, but this, from another thread, is important:

….I can,t eat work worrying about Big Bird… what,s next the Cookie Monster…

logman1 on October 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Yessiree, at this point, I,d like to be the first go on record and also to ignite an online movement: that movement supports the use of the comma (mid-word) as an acceptable replacement for the apostrophe. Think of the efficiency gained. Reducing the required use of the ‘shift’ key– billions of keystrokes saved daily — dozens of business dollars saved per man-day worked!!

Finally, the coined term for punctuation in this form would be “dropostrophe”.

And so begins the Revolution.

socalcon on October 10, 2012 at 5:57 AM

socalcon on October 10, 2012 at 6:04 AM

The word is out: Harry Reid is having sex with Big Bird.

petefrt on October 10, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Clearly somebody wasn’t paying attention when Bert and Ernie were showing the difference between funny and generational theft.

Happy Nomad on October 10, 2012 at 6:31 AM

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 4:01 AM

COOKIE!

MYAM MYAM MYAM MYAM MYAM

Axe on October 10, 2012 at 6:31 AM

ot: so the lsm meme of the day is that abortion will not be a part of a romney agenda
forget benghazi, forget big bird, its all about abortion today

you heard it here first….

mitt said that he would repeal the mexican act where our tax monies go outside of the country to pay for abortions…

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Rovin on October 10, 2012 at 6:34 AM

heh

excellent

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 6:39 AM

so upset with erin burnett last night, gave elijah cummings the floor insisting this benghazi hearing is totally politically and the ‘we only had less than 24 hours to go to libya’…she was insisting this was political as well

INFURIATING

i guess the 2nd lsm meme of the day….

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 6:47 AM

nyt upset that mitt trashed dear leader’s foreign policy, but had NO PROBLEM with dear leader trashing w’s foreign policy in 08

HYPOCRITE

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 6:50 AM

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 6:50 AM

sam stein said is simpler back in ’08 with bushes war. now its MORE complex with the arab spring syria, libya and egypt.

and uh, sam, who was responsible for the arab spring?

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Anybody seen this??? Not sure about the site’s credibility but the fact is Obama has been wearing a wedding ring on his ring finger since the early 1980′s….

jaygatz33 on October 10, 2012 at 6:58 AM

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 6:55 AM

exactamundo

absolutely have no problem with their hypocrisy

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 7:03 AM

i can’t believe how blaise(sp) the morning joe crew is about this benghazi attack…

wtf?????

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM

jaygatz33 on October 10, 2012 at 6:58 AM

This kind of stuff is silly. And I consider wnd to be a vastly less credible and respectable site than HotAir. Onama’s jewelry is so unimportant, given everything else he has done. Is the idea that he is a covert Muslim? Just silly. Allahpundit is probably right that Obama is closer to an atheist than anything.

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I was right, gibbsy focusing on mitt’s interview where he said that abortion will not be a part of his agenda….

the new squirrel of the day

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 7:25 AM

jaygatz33 on October 10, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Obama – “My Muslim faith”

I give WND credit for doing investigations/asking questions too many other prideful, cowardly, anti-intellectual people on the Right are afraid to!

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:28 AM

robert gibbs upset about mitt flip flopping on abortion, hiring more teachers, taxes. making the case obama failed to do when it counted.

we have our bill clinton now, robert. good luck pinning him down.

bobby especially laudatory towards susan rice. so i see she won’t be thrown under the bus.

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM

wtf?????

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Benghazi, Obama’s dismal debate performance, or Big Bird’s possible unemployment check? What’s a liberal “news-show” to do?

Actually, cms, Rino Joe wrote a pretty scathing post at Politico about Obama’s debating skills.

Rovin on October 10, 2012 at 7:31 AM

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

The way you express your opinions indicates that you don’t have a very good sense of humor, and that you aren’t very much fun!

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Obama – “My Muslim faith”

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:28 AM

He’s not a Muslim. That was obviously a slip of the tongue. Look, the church he did go to (Jeremiah Wright’s) is controversial enough. And his attendance there is a matter of fact. We don’t need to waste time with conspiracy theories.

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM

agree, she ain’t going no where…all about the O

Rovin on October 10, 2012 at 7:31 AM

thanks will check it out
———————-

my real concern is the lack of outrage about this attack, we all know if this occurred under a gop president, the spittle that would ensue….

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM

WOW ! That clip of KP was brutal ( for Obama, anyway).
Ever since Weiner abused her trust she has been on a rant about Democrat messaging and how poor it is.
Epiphany ?

Jabberwock on October 10, 2012 at 7:39 AM

joe drooling about mitts monday morning, behind closed door, french kissing sessions, with the libs.

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM

donny deutch wonders if mitt colors his sideburns. “do we want a president who dyes his hair”

LOL. guess donnie hasn’t seen the multiple hair shades of obama. what a hypocrite.

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 7:45 AM

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Hateful ex-Muslim Rev. Wright was his pastor, wearing a Muslim ring on his ring finger, “slipping” by referring to his Muslim faith (how many other Christians have you ever heard misstate their religious faith so drastically?), and stating that the future does not belong to those who slander Mohammed (whatever that nonsense meant!) all adds up to nothing, and shouldn’t be discussed because you say so?

You are a fearful, incurious, good little control freak, aren’t you?

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I’ve seen interviews with Jason Chaffetz and Trey Gowdy, and they are pretty fired up about the Benghazi hearings today.

Naturally Curly on October 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Barrack obama might not be a Muslim, but Barry Sotero sure as hell is.

Naturally Curly on October 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Naturally Curly on October 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Good for them! They, like Issa, are heroes in my book!

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Barrack obama might not be a Muslim, but Barry Sotero sure as hell is.

Naturally Curly on October 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Have you see this yet? It’s hilarious, and fits right in with what we know about our freaky Mental-Case-in-Chief: http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/10/09/pbs-obama-claimed-he-was-kenyan-royalty-recalls-classmate

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Naturally Curly on October 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

excellent…

can you hear the lsm already?

politically motivated, why now, yada yada yada….

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 7:45 AM

i hope that was donnie’s last appearance

what an idiot!

cmsinaz on October 10, 2012 at 8:00 AM

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

National Enquirer isn’t MY idea of credible either but they nailed John Edwards, didn’t they?

Cleombrotus on October 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM

You are a fearful, incurious, good little control freak, aren’t you?
Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Look, I don’t think there’s any question that Obama holds anti-Western, anti-European, anti-colonialist views, something that isn’t uncommon among people on the left. He’s also clearly sympathetic with Muslims. But to say that he is a Muslim is just a little silly because there really isn’t any proof or reasonable indication that he is. The “my Muslim faith” slip of the tongue is very easy to understand.

Why are you so interested in proving that he is a Muslim? Isn’t it bad enough that he was a member of an anti-American, anti-white church for political benefit?

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Biggest liberal narrative I’m hearing this morning from the Dem pundits—-”Romney’s a moderate” or “Romney’s moved towards the center”. IMO, “this” is being put out there to infuriate and divide staunch conservatives who might make the option to stay home in November—there’s no other answer to their motive. We’ve all heard the “Romney’s not conservative enough” meme for over a year now (and I understand why some here still feel this way), but it befuddles me to know why the liberal pundits are putting this out.

Rovin on October 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

The idea of Obama as a narcissistic, left wing ideologue makes a lot more sense to me than the idea of Obama as an undercover Muslim.

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:58 AM

That’s pretty funny. He’s always been a pompous lying little jerk, among his many other character flaws.

Naturally Curly on October 10, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Nope, she’s rarely in her home district, which is one of the points her challenger, Karen Harrington, keeps hitting her on. I read yesterday that Harrington is only trailing by 5%. For deep blue Broward County, that’s quite a feat.

And even though Little Debbie hasn’t been on TV much lately, that doesn’t mean she’s not still spreading her bullchit. I just read this at the Hill.

DNC chief cites past breast cancer to fundraise against Romney

A rather odd subject to attack him on, considering Mrs. Romney is also a breast cancer survivor.

robert gibbs upset about mitt flip flopping on abortion,…

renalin on October 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Yep, I saw it coming last night.

Old and Busted: Big Bird
New and Rehashed: Romney’s flips on abortion.

I saw both Jake Tapper and BuzzFeed Andrew talking about it on Twitter.

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Flora Duh on October 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Rovin on October 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Most smart candidates track toward the base during the primaries, and once they’re nominated, attempt to appeal to the center. Sensible conservatives will not stay home on 11/06.

fortcoins on October 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM

The media narrative to discourage the R vote will not work this time.

fortcoins on October 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM

bluegill on October 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Maybe, you should address this question to the Muslim Brotherhood.

You are a fearful, incurious, good little control freak, aren’t you?

Anti-Control on October 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM

That must have stung.

Fallon on October 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Just off the AP news lines Libya’s new Ambassador: Here

right2bright on October 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Flora Duh on October 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Disgusting! I assume she thinks no one will notice because of the national promotion and the wave of pink everywhere.

Cindy Munford on October 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Night Owl on October 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Got to see my Father in law recently. He is 82 and a man who just two short years ago could work me to death. Let me remind you, I am quite the worker myself, and thirty years younger. This visit he asked me to climb up on the roof to clear the limbs and such. He also admitted he cannot start his chainsaw anymore. It started second pull for me. I have started to worry. He is a wonderful man. This is very painful for him. As it should be.

Bmore on October 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM