Video: Romney gets personal

posted at 9:22 pm on October 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via DrewM, a few days old but worth watching if you missed it this weekend. You may already know some of these stories (the people involved in at least one of them appeared at the convention), but there’s more where this came from. Between the accusations of tax dodging and the infamous Priorities USA ad about that steelworker’s wife who died of cancer, Democrats have worked hard to turn Romney into an American Scrooge. Except, by virtually all accounts I’ve seen, he’s not that guy; between his personal warmth and his charitable giving, he’s more like Scrooge on Christmas morning. The dilemma, per Drew: Should he talk about this stuff on the trail, if only to counter the gargoyle caricature Democrats have drawn of him?

It’s obvious Romney is uncomfortable talking about these kind of things (to his credit) but now that his off the charts debate performance has people giving him a second look (or a first in some cases), I hope the campaign finds a way to make sure people see this stuff. Honestly, I’m not sure Mitt is the best messenger for this. Perhaps having some of these folks on the trail with him or better yet, some ads, would be the most effective way to deliver the message.

I know some people hate this personal stuff and think it should be about plans and experience but politics is personal. There’s no way to know everything a President will have to deal with (George W. Bush didn’t run as a national security guy. Remember the whole “Education President” thing?). Voters, the dreaded “independents” at least, vote on feel, their judgement of the person. Romney has been hurt by the idea that he’s an unfeeling corporate CEO that likes to fire people. There’s obviously plenty of evidence to the contrary but it’s up to Team Romney to tell people about it.

A reader e-mailed me this clip earlier and begged for some public attention for it, believing that evidence of Romney’s character is kryptonite to much of the left’s case against him. I don’t disagree, especially after the flurry of polls this afternoon showing his favorable rating surging after the debate. People who are serious about politics can vote for a candidate they don’t like personally in the name of achieving their policy goals, but low-information voters who don’t have many policy goals to begin with may have a more difficult time. They want to vote for the guy they like; that’s 80 percent of Obama’s campaign strategy right now, or at least it was until last Wednesday night. More of this and more winning debate performances and that strategy becomes harder for the Empty Chair to pull off.

Comments

..I have just [finally] seen Governor Romney’s epic speech at VMI. It is profoundly presidential. It is a breath of fresh air compared to that fetid, festering stench from the current pile of rotting afterbirth that is the Obama administration.

The War Planner on October 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I don’t like “Empty Chair”.

Just “Chair”.

Sounds like “Tool”.

budfox on October 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Awesome – that better be my next President.

gophergirl on October 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Looks like nathor found the “Mit Romney” that Obama thinks he has been campaigning against:

the obligatory mitt romney style:
a meme has been born…

nathor on October 8, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Unreal.

Count to 10 on October 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

They should have been telling these stories all summer.

Mark1971 on October 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Jim Lehrer is on Hannity, and he doesn’t seem senile to me, libs. Pretty sharp. Looks great.

Philly on October 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Ed, et al .. Thank you so much for offering vids that are iPad-friendly … Means a lot to ALOT of us.
This is awesome.

pambi on October 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Uncomfortable ? Talking about himself is NOT what Super Mitt is all about. He does not roll this way, although his accomplishments and life story puts Hopey to shame. And Hopey knows this.

He is humble, not narcissistic.

He is the antithesis of the Fraud political opportunist occupying the WH.

DECENCY will return to the office of POTUS.

FlaMurph on October 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Unreal.

Count to 10 on October 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I couldn’t even finish it. Not sure if that was supposed to be funny or what.

gophergirl on October 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Mitt’s cool. We’ll be fine. It won’t be close.

DanMan on October 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Awesome – that better be my next President.

gophergirl on October 8, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Yea, and then you’ll get more of what this country needs- tax cuts. Across the board tax cuts with higher defense spending. And you thought today’s deficits were too high. Time to double down on Bush tax and economic policy for more right-wing adventures. Germany and China must be filled with glee.

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

It’s obvious Romney is uncomfortable talking about these kind of things

Sorry, Mitt Romney. But you are running for the biggest public prize in the world. Your past… all of your past… is now fodder for public consumption. Expect no mercy from your opponents trying to tear you down. And in the game of politics, that means not being the least afraid of building yourself up, even to the point of immodesty.

Learn to like it, Mitt. It’s an unwritten job requirement.

JohnGalt23 on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Video: Romney gets personal

Reince Priebus promised that the Romney campaign was going to pull out the brass knuckles, perhaps this is the beginning of the promise. Now everyone just has to both remember and contrast this Mitt Romney, with this Barack Obama.

SWalker on October 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I saw this. This is a great moment. Mitt realizes the exceptionalism of this great nation when others deny it. Go Mitt!

Philly on October 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM

And I’m sure these stories are actually true! Unlike OLiars stories!

kcd on October 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I sure wish you would have covered this one too, AP. If you did, apologies.

Romney makes Clinton joke–in front of Clinton

JPeterman on October 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

The War Planner on October 8, 2012 at 9:27

Isn’t that special- the kind of right wing personal hatred that was formerly directed at Bill Clinton. Because you know, Clinton really screwed up the economy and the country needed Bush to put things on the right track.

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Biden has some of these stories as well…I’ll never forget, “Stand up, Chuck!”..as long as I live.

d1carter on October 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Got any proof of that?

Since the Soptic ads, NOTHING that an Obama supporter says can be assumed to have any bearing on reality, without concrete evidence.

malclave on October 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

It will be nice to have a POTUS that loves Americans and America…

d1carter on October 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

The War Planner on October 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Yes, but how do you REALLY feel?? Heh!

Sasha List on October 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Still pretty tame by Democrat standards. Of course, Democrats have long prided themselves on being the party of hatred and intolerance.

malclave on October 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Mitt is authentic, mature, grounded, has concrete values, loves this Country, and wants to serve to fix, not govern to rule…

… Quite the opposite of the Pantload currently occupying the ‘People’s House’.

Team Romney by a landslide…

Seven Percent Solution on October 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Isn’t that special- the kind of right wing personal hatred that was formerly directed at Bill Clinton. Because you know, Clinton really tried to screw ed up the economy and the country needed Bush the 1994 Congressional elections to put things on the right track.

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Fixed that for ya there.

You’re welcome, no charge

AZfederalist on October 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

malclave on October 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Bayam’s not big on the whole proof thing; the best argument Bayam can muster is to make an unsubstantiated statement, and then claim that some group of experts (famous economists, former department heads at leading universities) supports his contention.

No proof – just vapid name-dropping.

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

..another turd-pile unclear on the concept of alternatives, four consecutive trillion dollar deficits, no budgets, a dysfunctional congress, hyper-partisanship, and a man in the White House who has no executive ability nor respect for the office and the country.

The War Planner on October 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM

d1carter on October 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OH MY!

kcd on October 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Yes, but how do you REALLY feel?? Heh!

Sasha List on October 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

..right! I need to stop bottling up these emotions. Lemme head to the liquor store and lay in a supply for tonight’s QOTD!

The War Planner on October 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Loser says what?

xblade on October 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

You seem upset.

gophergirl on October 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I don’t like “Empty Chair”.

Just “Chair”.

Sounds like “Tool”.

budfox on October 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Yes. A telepromter standing next to an empty chair is a powerful visual on the state of today’s Presidency.

A man knocked at my front door yesterday. I opened it. He said, “Good evening, I would like to ask a few questions. Do you support the President?” I swear, for the moment I was speechless. “Do you mean Barack Obama?” He nodded, somewhat perplexed by the idea that I might not know who the president is, when the truth of the matter is, Romney came to my mind at the word “president.” “Hell, no.”

It was very funny. Maybe you had to be there – at least, on my side of the threshold…

disa on October 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM

It will be nice to have a POTUS that loves Americans and America…

d1carter on October 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Won’t it? I can’t wait for that day.

gophergirl on October 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Bayam’s not big on the whole proof thing

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Yeah, I know.

I just wanted to make sure that he knows that the rest of us know that liberals are lying sacks of dung.

malclave on October 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Note to patriotic Americans…

There is a right time, and a wrong time for a “USA! USA!…” chant. It’s like knowing how to work in a slow clap… you have to have the right instincts to pull it off.

nitzsche on October 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM

disa on October 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM

THAT made my day!!

kcd on October 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM

disa on October 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I just busted out laughing -that’s classic.

gophergirl on October 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Mittens is pure class,and whats missing in the WH,
is Character,and Integrity!!

canopfor on October 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Note to patriotic Americans…

nitzsche on October 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM

BULLSHIITE… USA…USA…USA…

SWalker on October 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It will be nice to have a POTUS that loves Americans and America…

d1carter on October 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

And a FLOTUS who covers her arms and doesn’t dress like a hooch.

JPeterman on October 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I saw this video when it came out, and although I already knew what Mitt revealed I was impressed that he finally spoke about it.

Coming from a long line of stoic Midwesterners I get Mitt’s reluctance. This sort of thing is simply not done. People know one another for their deeds. It’s kept quiet. It’s discreet. What one does it what is expected, and it’s never (or it wasn’t) used as leverage.

As someone close to Mitt’s age and with a similar upbringing I can see why he found this difficult.

Times have changed. We seem to live in a “tell all” society where everyone blurts out every detail of their lives. It’s usually more information than anyone needs to know. In this case, I think it was something that needed to be said.

Cody1991 on October 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM

BULLSHIITE… USA…USA…USA…

SWalker on October 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM

See, folks? This is a totally appropriate and timely use of the chant.

nitzsche on October 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Millions of voters are clueless about policy; they only vote on perceived likability.

itsnotaboutme on October 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Yea, and then you’ll get more of what this country needs- tax cuts.
bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I’m glad we agree.

ShadowsPawn on October 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

disa on October 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I have started making referrences to Mitt Romney as “President Romney;” makes liberal heads explode.

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Just because Mitt put Big Bird on the cutting board doesn’t give you reason to lose your sh*t.

MeatHeadinCA on October 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I can listen to Romney, he sounds real. This other guy obama makes my ears bleed and I want to puke.

crosshugger on October 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Michael Moron started that ;)

MeatHeadinCA on October 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I lol everytime Allah calls POTUS the Empty Chair…..

it has stuck and stuck deep.

ted c on October 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM

And a FLOTUS who covers her arms and doesn’t dress like a hooch.

JPeterman on October 8, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I’m with you on that one. FLOTUS? Cover it up and fade. Yes, yes, they are around, but they aren’t elected. Just play the role and enjoy the trappings. Personally, I cannot stand First Ladies who try to play top dog….. and the ones who do that are usually married to Dems.

Cody1991 on October 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

crosshugger on October 8, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Quick! Someone rush crosshugger a clip of Michelle Obama describing her difficult life!!!

MeatHeadinCA on October 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

He is a man of character. I see it plain as day. If I could go back and live my life over I would try harder to have that kind of character. I respect it.

Thing is,, I don’t think Romney has to do that. Look back. He lived a righteous life, yet is humble enough to just take it to heart, and not brag about it.

That’s an amazing thing in this day and age. If we had more like him,, and less dogeaters, we wouldn’t be in this God awful mess.

wolly4321 on October 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

MeatHeadinCA on October 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Don’t Cry For Us, America!

M2RB: Joe Jackson

Resist We Much on October 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yea, and then you’ll get more of what this country needs- tax cuts.
bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

SOMEBODY needs to take economics 101…
TAX BURDEN = Less jobs
TAX RELIEF -= MORE jobs
More people working = More revenue for the govt.

SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE! Why cant people comprehend this? My 5th grade grandson understands this! (Of course I had to explain it to him. They are not teaching this in school!)

kcd on October 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM

The War Planner on October 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Yep. Posted a linky to the transcript on my FB page and said, “Finally a speech that truely is Presidential.” Been a long time coming.

IrishEyes on October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The War Planner on October 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM

You clearly have zero understanding of the concept of ‘structural deficit’ or ‘post financial crisis deleveraging’. It’s the reason why even conservatives like Bernanke couldn’t disagree with you more. Joe the Plumber economics isn’t going to improve anything.

Eliminate estate tax, cut income tax rates 20% across the board- fiscal insanity.

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Romney shouldn’t be talking about these folks and his goods works…they should do it themselves. Maybe they could serve as an “opening act” either for Romney or Ryan…or both.

Kenz on October 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM

No proof – just vapid name-dropping.

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Barry and Bayam use the same strategy. They hope you won’t notice, “but hope is not a strategy”that works for either of them.

Slainte on October 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

He is humble, not narcissistic.

He is the antithesis of the Fraud political opportunist occupying the WH.

DECENCY will return to the office of POTUS.

FlaMurph on October 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

This. And did you notice? The decency in the WH has ebbed and flowed with Dem/Repub admins: GHW Bush (a war hero), B Clinton (we all know what happened there), George W. Bush (again, humble, decent, and horribly smeared by the left), Hopey (Chicago thug). We’ll see if we can reclaim decency in the WH again.

IrishEyes on October 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM

You clearly have zero understanding of the concept of ‘structural deficit’ or ‘post financial crisis deleveraging’ of the terms I just looked up on Google..
bayam on October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

FIFY

ShadowsPawn on October 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM

LOL!

Resist We Much on October 8, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I’ll vote for Mitt because of the disaster that four more years of Obama would bring. But, if Romney believes the al Qaeda-backed Syrian rebels share our values, he is seriously naive. All we will be doing is exchanging one despot for a group of despots masquerading as an Islamic republic.

We have lost far too many young American men and women protecting Islamic interests.

bw222 on October 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Oh…sure…our man Mitt can talk about his love of country and the many things he done to help others.

But he sure can’t compare to that heart-wrenching story about the Dog Eater’s mother, dying from cancer, while that E-Val insurance company wouldn’t cover her claim.

Wait! What’s that you say? Her bills were paid. It was actually the disability insurance company that wouldn’t honor her claim?

Never mind.

GrannyDee on October 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Princeton Economist: Obama Campaign Is Misrepresenting My Study on Romney’s Tax Plan

Last night, the Obama campaign blasted out another email claiming that Mitt Romney’s tax plan would either require raising taxes on the middle class or blowing a hole in the deficit. “Even the studies that Romney has cited to claim his plan adds up still show he would need to raise middle-class taxes,” said the Obama campaign press release. “In fact, Harvard economist Martin Feldstein and Princeton economist Harvey Rosen both concede that paying for Romney’s tax cuts would require large tax increases on families making between $100,000 and $200,000.”

But that’s not true. Princeton professor Harvey Rosen tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD in an email that the Obama campaign is misrepresenting his paper on Romney’s tax plan:

I can’t tell exactly how the Obama campaign reached that characterization of my work. It might be that they assume that Governor Romney wants to keep the taxes from the Affordable Care Act in place, despite the fact that the Governor has called for its complete repeal. The main conclusion of my study is that under plausible assumptions, a proposal along the lines suggested by Governor Romney can both be revenue neutral and keep the net tax burden on taxpayers with incomes above $200,000 about the same. That is, an increase in the tax burden on lower and middle income individuals is not required in order to make the overall plan revenue neutral.

You can check the math that shows Romney’s plan is mathematically possible here.

Resist We Much on October 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Upthread, I predicted you would do exactly this….

No proof – just vapid name-dropping.

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

And, so you did – exactly as predicted.

When offered simplicity, you obfuscate; when asked for proof, you prevaricate. Your posts are non-responsive to the direct question asked, and always, always include nonsensical references to an arcane construct, along with a wrapper made from an important name.

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

… and then compare to BHO’s brilliant economic plan that has heaped economic success on us.

Statists just never give up. The government just didn’t do enough. Paul Krugman, is that you?

MeatHeadinCA on October 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM

itsnotaboutme on October 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I was recedntly told by a Lib that personal traits (ie: Faults) didn’t matter, it was the ‘policy’ they advocated that really counts.

To this I countered: “Personal integrity is first and foremost, because from dishonest politicians come dishonest laws, regardless of political leanings.”

E. Warren comes to mind. As does Pelosi, Reid, et al.
We see what kind of lying people they are, and we have seen what kind of shyt they have passed as the Law of the Land.

I rest my case.

RavingLunatic on October 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Cart before horse.

FlaMurph on October 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012

…shut-up and chew more hay…you have oats coming out of your azz!

KOOLAID2 on October 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM

No proof – just vapid name-dropping.

massrighty on October 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Yes, the financial press including WSJ or Bloomberg is completely irrelevant evidence. Where’s the link to Drudge?

It’s amazing that you have trouble accepting basic facts such as Romney’s long-standing proposal to cut taxes by 20% across the board and eliminate the estate tax. Kind of like that evolution thing- only those lame ‘experts’ can be presented as proof.

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM

/yawn

Yeah, I hope we get more tax cuts, and more defense spending – and a 100% cut in every other damn thing the federal government isn’t supposed to be involved in to begin with.

Federal employees fired by the tens of thousands – no, really. But I’m not worried; we’d get this economy roaring like never before and they’d get private sector jobs in short order. Much faster than people have been able to find decent jobs under your nitwit of a CinC.

And when tax revenues increase after the tax cuts and corresponding jump in economic growth – you know, like has happened *every* time it’s been done before – and our spending has dwindled to where we’re running massive surpluses – guess what? No, we don’t increase spending (I know that’s where your head is), we cut taxes even f-ing more, that’s what.

Midas on October 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Oh, and actual history of tax cuts yielding increasing tax revenues. I know that’s inconvenient for you factually and all, but then we’ve all grown accustomed to the fact that you’re full of bullsqueeze anyway, so no surprise there.

Midas on October 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM

About 3 or 4 weeks ago Glenn Beck had a few people who had experienced some personal story with Romney such as the head of a homeless veteran’s clinic who received an anonymous weekly donation on the bill of milk supply they were desperately lacking after then candidate Romney visited the place (running for Senate at the time, if I recall) and that lasted all the way till he became Governor and was able to help differently. The guy learned from the supplier who eventually let him know upon retirement who was paying the bill, years after this had begun.

There’s the story of Romney taking the staff at Bain to NY to help in the search of the daughter of one of the employees who had been missing for a couple of days. (The link below has a summary and all sources from the Boston Globe, Daily News, and NY Times listed at the end)

ptcamn on October 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM

When Romney wrote the will for the young man, he then asked him to speak at his funeral. I know how hard that is! Romney is a good descent man. He spent many hours with that young man. He loved him & I know it had to be hard to speak at his funeral, which he of course did.
Some if you don’t understand how he was raised. You see a need and you do it. You don’t brag, you don’t say I,me, I, me all the time. You will find that Romney will give credit to those who help him and not point the finger at someone else to blame.
He was brought up with the Christian belief that you help others when you see a need and you don’t publicize it.
His daughter in law talked about having to go to bed because she was expecting twins for her 1st babies. Ann & Mitt came over to visit when she got home from the drs. He saw her alone in her bedroom, and without a word he went down and found a bookshelf brought it up, brought her TV up, books and treats so she didn’t have to get out of bed much. And what she was saying he sized up the situation, saw what she needed and did it. (I now a small thing, but that is the kind of man he is)
I am so proud to support a LEADER! I am so proud to support Gov Romney.
With the twitter going crazy that people will kill Romney, and do horrible things to Ann Romney, I pray for their safety and the safety of the secret service who are protecting them.

I thought this was interesting:

Bambi on October 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

As much as I love Paul..

Hannity welcomed Dick Morris tonight. In his talk he mentioned the Romney Campaign’s lack of use of the debate win. Hmmm…

I am more concerned about his lack of an attack dog. They are as invaluable in a campaign like this as a family behaving.

Look at the scandals which have hit Hot Air!

Nobody is tying them around anyone’s neck!

Ok, talk radio. Where you don’t find many undecided voters, wouldn’t you say?

And did you know:

Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York, has written to both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, calling for them to sign a “Civility in America” pledge. Developed by the Knights of Columbus, this newest pledge asks candidates, commentators and the media to focus on the issues without making personal attacks….

This newest plea comes after a prominent evangelical, Rick Warren, canceled plans for a “civil forum” appearance at his Southern California church by both presidential candidates, The New American noted. “The forums are meant to be a place where people of goodwill can seriously disagree on significant issues without being disagreeable or resorting to personal attack and name-calling,” it quoted him as saying. “But that is not the climate of today’s campaign. I’ve never seen more irresponsible personal attacks, mean-spirited slander, and flat-out dishonest attack ads, and I don’t expect that tone to change before the election.”

Credit: Liberty Mutual Insurance, Article entitled Civility in America . As part of the Responsibility Project

IlikedAUH2O on October 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

No links supporting what they claim are “the facts”… just like the Soptic ad.

Not interested in Obama campaign claims.

malclave on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Mitt is a really smart, moral like George Washington, tremendously nice guy.

Its a great combination. He just needed the right forum to show it off, debates are that opportunity, voters are looking for more now.

Speakup on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Obama has some great stories too….

There’s no “i” in team—but there is is MarxIst

Bwahahaha

deedtrader on October 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

You note that even when he DID talk about it it was all about THEM not him. He was a supporting actor, and his whole spiel was about how impressive THEY were.

Arssanguinus on October 9, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Note to all of our Hot Gas trolls: I pray that you all contact flesh eating bacteria,yet, I also pray that you all live! Live long and suffer you putrid, idiot ladies.

the new aesthetic on October 9, 2012 at 2:40 AM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

You do not even know what you are talking about. We live everyday with the lies and incompetence of the present occupant of the White House and here you are nitpicking some nonsense that has no relevance or merit.

Terrye on October 9, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Old/busted:

Isn’t that special- the kind of right wing personal hatred …

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

New hour and a half later hotness:

Kind of like that evolution thing- only those lame ‘experts’…

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

rogerb on October 9, 2012 at 7:02 AM

For all you naysayers of just a few weeks ago…this is what a finish, a push to the finish line looks like.

He has put in place the foundation, now they are building the narrative…and the last two weeks will be the sprint.

I stated last week that he would be 3 points ahead this week, in two weeks it will be 3-5 points in the lead.

All of his speeches, his ads, his policies, are put into place…it’s exciting to watch a great “athlete” destroy the competition.

And it helps when the competition stumbles…

right2bright on October 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

REALLY? You just convinced me to support Romney! THANK YOU! I would welcome more money in my paycheck just when I have two kids in college and we’re barely scraping by! And eliminating the estate tax would allow me to pass on what little I’ve scraped together to help my kids out with their futures! THANK YOU!

bayam should do Romney commercials!

dominigan on October 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

bayam on October 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

…which is what happens after a tax cut! Like we saw with Bush’s tax cuts, which resulted in a 40% increase in tax revenue over the following years! Of course we could let them expire and watch revenues drop like a rock because its not like bayam likes liberal government policies or anything. Why do we want tax revenues for the government?

dominigan on October 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Philly on October 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM

So much strength of character. We are a great country. Its nice to hear it again.

magicbeans on October 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM