The War on Bacon

posted at 6:01 pm on October 8, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Welcome! Let us explain.

Kelly Maher of Revealing Politics and I are doing a little talk show for 30-45 minutes, here, at 6:15 p.m. every day. We named it The War on Bacon. We figure, since the government is after trans fats, big sodas, salt, and most other sinfully delicious things, it won’t be long before they zero in on our favorite— bacon. So, as fans of pork products— how could I not be?— we are here to fight for it, in the most crucial fight of our time— The War on Bacon. Join the ranks of the Baconators and fight with us!

We talk a lot of politics, a bit of culture, a splash of sports, and in the end, strive to be a show Ron Swanson would want to watch.

Today, holy moley, polls! And, Caleb Bonham reports from an underwhelming liberal counter-protest in Ohio.

You can download the audio for the show, here, or sign up for the RSS feed, or find us on iTunes!

Comments

listens2glenn !

listens2glenn on October 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM

…tell JugEars…WE have the real eye candy!

KOOLAID2 on October 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM

um – i think you guys need a new pic. the eyes on the both of you make you look like you just escaped from the funny farm.

sbvft contributor on October 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

MKH. Was the video I just watched of the marching band, pong?

Bmore on October 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM

funny farm.

sbvft contributor on October 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I always loved that tune!

Bmore on October 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

sbvft contributor on October 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Alternatively, the photos reveal more about you than about either of the professionals pictured.

Capitalist Hog on October 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM

The War On Meat Candy

FlatFoot on October 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

OK Ladies to keep the responses up I’ll comment and question.
First: You two are lovely erudite creatures and I enjoy your webcasts … when and if I have time to sit and indulge.
Second: When I do have response or input to your lines of prognostications … the video feed ‘bumps’ back to the BEGINNING and after a few replies it becomes (how shall I put this?) … repetitive. Or as I sometimes say … it becomes a Deja Moo moment, that is the feeling you’ve heard this (BS) before. BTW, kindly ingore the (BS) insertion. That is saved for the proper use of the Deja Moo lable.
SO … how does one ‘comment/reply back’ and not get recycled back to the beginning of your video interchange?
Is it a browser issue? Or some esoteric setting I know NOTHING about?
No question, the Biden v. Ryan debate should be a ‘pay per view’ broadcast … with the money going to charity. Kind of like what Romney does with his largess. Unlike many who critize him. Right Slo-Joe?

Missilengr on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I’m just an old guy.

If either of you listen to Dennis Prager, you’ll understand. MKH, you’ve got the sweetest smile and Kelly, your eyes are to die for. More than that, your both really smart. Wish I was 30 years younger.

Good job.