Quotes of the day

posted at 10:18 pm on October 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

Following the Democratic National Convention last month, the Obama campaign felt it was on a roll. So confident was the President that on the Saturday night after his Charlotte acceptance speech, he did something extremely rare: he talked to the thirty or so members of the traveling press that follow him everywhere. That evening in Florida, he made a surprise appearance at an off-the-record drinking session with media and campaign staff. The late night charm outreach at the Orlando hotel bar was a clearly tactical move to get the press on his side during the final stretch. But it was also an indication about just how confident Obama felt — and how confident his team was in him.

“They wouldn’t have brought him out unless he was feeling really good,” one journalist who attended the event would say later…

The day after the debate, according to multiple campaign sources, the campaign was “overtired” and “rattled.” It was clear to even the most hardened veterans that it was one of the worst moments for Team Obama, the first full blown crisis.

***

Seriously: has that kind of swing ever happened this late in a campaign? Has any candidate lost 18 points among women voters in one night ever? And we are told that when Obama left the stage that night, he was feeling good. That’s terrifying. On every single issue, Obama has instantly plummeted into near-oblivion…

Look: I’m trying to rally some morale, but I’ve never seen a candidate this late in the game, so far ahead, just throw in the towel in the way Obama did last week – throw away almost every single advantage he had with voters and manage to enable his opponent to seem as if he cares about the middle class as much as Obama does. How do you erase that imprinted first image from public consciousness: a president incapable of making a single argument or even a halfway decent closing statement?…

I’m trying to see a silver lining. But when a president self-immolates on live TV, and his opponent shines with lies and smiles, and a record number of people watch, it’s hard to see how a president and his party recover.

***

On the other hand, a continued series of events like last week’s debate really might change the narrative of the race. And here is the bad news for Democrats: Their best shot has already come and gone. The debates will anchor the campaign narrative from here on out, and the three debates that follow all offer less favorable terrain for them to press their case…

The next debate is a town-hall meeting. Obama’s campaign is talking up its plan to roll out a new, tougher Obama who will challenge Romney’s slick evasions. But a town-hall meeting is a whole different animal. In a one-on-one debate, you can fillet your opponent. A town-hall meeting consists of undecided voters pressing the candidates for answers. The focus of the event is on answering the questions of the voters. Using their questions to assail your opponent is bad form — indeed, the Regular Voters who ask the questions, and serve as proxies for the public, can be counted on to implore the candidates to stop attacking each other so much. Romney will use the town hall to proclaim his deep and abiding concern for all of America, and Obama will have little chance to disprove it.

***

And that really points to what must be the deepest reason for the Democrats’ strange response to the debate. The president can’t run on his record, and he isn’t proposing a second term agenda. All he has to run on is the caricature of Mitt Romney that his campaign, his surrogates, and liberal opinion makers in the press have been fashioning for a year. Their goal has been to prevent the election from becoming a referendum on the incumbent, which the Romney campaign had clearly hoped it could be, and to make it not even a choice election but a referendum on the challenger. Obama seemed to have a remarkable degree of success with this approach, but the debate represented Romney’s response: Rather than continue to insist that the election should simply be a referendum on Obama, Romney effectively presented a case for seeing it as a choice between two agendas, and presented his own proposals and vision in his own terms. The Obama campaign had been able to paint Romney in scary colors for months because Romney had declined to describe himself and his agenda much. Now that he’s finally running for president, the Democrats have a problem.

But if that’s their predicament, then surely their panicked response of the last few days is only making things worse. They can’t really expect people to treat them as a trusted source about Romney’s agenda and ignore Romney himself. But if they’ve lost control of the Romney story—even if they merely fight it to a draw—they don’t have much of a case to make for themselves. The public is unhappy with the economy and the direction of the country, and Obama is not proposing to do anything differently if he is given another four years.

So what do they do next? Continue to insist that Romney’s agenda is what they say it is and not what Romney himself is plainly promising voters? Try more aggressive personal attacks against Romney? Defend the Obama record? Not exactly a wealth of great options.

***

But perhaps it should be looked at in a different way: Obama did not lose so much as Romney won. A highly skilled, albeit vastly underrated, candidate showed what he was really made of on Thursday…

He won the GOP nomination relatively early (considering how frontloading the primaries was scaled back this cycle) and bloodlessly. Sure, it was messy at times, but he clearly has united the Republican party around him. Many of his once-staunchest opponents in the party – both high profile commentators and grassroots voters alike – are now counted among his strongest allies.

He did so without having to adopt political opinions that alienated him from the middle of the electorate, or his base. In fact, his voting coalition was the center of the GOP electorate – not too far to the left, nor too far to the right…

Put aside the [media's] notion that Romney is a hopelessly weak candidate and we can see that, in fact, he has a lot of strengths. I would argue that he is the most articulate and passionate Republican nominee since at least Ronald Reagan, and perhaps even more so than the Gipper.

***

Hannity noted that they’re “desperate” and panicked. Cadell agreed, pointing to poll numbers shifting in Romney’s favor. It’s the biggest debate victory since 1980, he said. And the Romney campaign should’ve used ads to tout that victory.

“The election is not over,” he said, noting that Obama has not yet been defeated. Coulter disagreed. Romney is going to win, she said, and partly because that was the most-watched debate since 1980, and “that was the first time in the last 100 years Republicans took out an incumbent.”

***

Click the image to watch.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

That is what husbands are good for..Bragging on the wife’s cooking..:)

Dire Straits on October 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

…..and every cook there was thinking “Well, we’ll just see about that!” :D

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Are you kidding? He’ll suck up the townhall thang, with an audience of victims hand picked by gallup under pressure by DOJ. He’ll plead for the downtrodden. The lost souls harmed by capitalism and greed.

GALLUP is under pressure.

Townhalls under fair conditions would kill barky, but chicago always makes sure they aren’t. “doctors” with scrubs from a costume shop will be present. Halloween comes early this year.

wolly4321 on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

jaime on October 8, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I saw that. I had just gone back to tell the Husband about Corinne Brown’s net worth being $3,501.00 (she’s one of our local elites) then I saw that Alcee Hastings is negative four million!!!1 I’m still trying to figure out the constituency that would elect an impeached judge, let alone how you have a net worth of negative four million dollars. And they make decisions on my life!!!!!

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

John the Libertarian on October 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Don’t know..The Crimson Tide looks strong..:)

Dire Straits on October 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hey JTL, were you looking for me?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I think Romney need only look as well as Obama does in the townhall debate, and I think he’ll do that easily, and perhaps more, depending on the chemistry of the event.

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

The liberal moderators always pack those townhalls with partisan democratics.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

thatsafactjack on October 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

John the Libertarian on October 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

They toss all this crap that isn’t true, and before you can even argue with it, they use it as a diving board into a never-ending hand-wringing session where they try to sound clever and aloof. I’m sick of these guys.

At the moment. :) I shake off Sullivan, I might be OK tonight. :)

Breitbart lives.

#war

Axe on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Did you vote?

subpar Banana is leading. lol

Barred on October 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

We just filled out the ballots. Literally, tonight. He’s leading here? In Ohio?

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Wow cozmo! Hang in there!

Scrumpy on October 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I hu would help…

Is that some kind of native American version?!?
cynccook on October 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I prefer to think of it as Germano-Nebraskan-Tex-Mex.

I don’t have a drop of Italian blood but I love lasagna. Just not a big fan of the kind at Italian restaurants.

cozmo on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

It sounds like Mitt spent an hour with Bill Kristol. Americans are sick of fighting wars that are not in our national interest and Syria certainly isn’t. Neither Romney nor Kristol served in the armed forces and none of their children have. What part of we are $16 trillion in debt and enough of our sons and daughters have given their lives for worthless Muslims doesn’t Romney understand?

RasThavas on October 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Well haven’t heard him say about sending troops to Syria, there are other ways, arming the rebels, pushing Russia , no fly zone etc

Conservative4ev on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

cynccook on October 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

That’s kind of sweet, as long as he doesn’t do it again.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Good evening, Flora! I hear John Bolton in those lines. I think that point is to back the rebels, to arm them, and through them to be certain that we can track the chemical weapons and other nasty bits that Assad has squirreled away.

Speaking of Assad, one of his people defected and has said the Assad is already planning to run to Russia.

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I totally tuned out for most of the day, so I am just now catching up to what’s been going on today…

Watching Hannity right now…

I shall say:

Yeah! Romney!

O can try as he might, his lies are like rice paper… the only time he has been so transparent…

Axelturd is just that a turd… all the DLSM are nothing but dirtbags!!

Talk about ‘duck and cover and lie’…

Obama YOU SUCK!! Get Lost…

Or as I like to say; On Yer Bike!!

Scrumpy on October 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

pambi on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hiya pampi! :)

Type faster.

Axe on October 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Axe on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Agreed. :)

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Good night! See you soon!

KCB on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Here’s info on arming the rebels, nothing on troops, including comment aside from prepared remarks.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Hey JTL, were you looking for me?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Not specifically, just good to see you. I’ve been slammed for months and only able to check in once and awhile, been missing out.

I’ll tell you something else: I NEVER get political on Facebook, but I’ve been posting like crazy how pissed off I am at this Benghazi tragedy and the cover-up in a non-partisan way, so much so that a friend of mine who works for the State Dept. has been urging me to calm down and shut up.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Yeah, it always surprises me a little to hear Republicans say “I trust the American people to make the right decision”. I only trust about half of them. Maybe fewer than half sometimes.

I think Hastings shows a negative net worth because he was probably fined for his bribery conviction, and he may have been sued for some of his rulings from the federal bench. Just a guess.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

From Infowars -

On Monday, in calling for airstrikes on Syria, Senator John McCain reprised much the same role he played one year ago at the outset of the Libyan war. Last April, during a highly publicized visit to the cradle of the Libyan rebellion in Benghazi, Senator McCain called for increased American military support for the Libyan rebels. The senator famously described the rebels as his “heroes.” Never mind that these “heroes” had been caught on video committing horrific atrocities, nor that one of their commanders had openly acknowledged his ties to al-Qaeda. At the time, such details were of no greater interest to the mainstream American media than they were to Senator McCain or to the Obama administration.

Senator McCain, of course, got his wish. Months of NATO bombing paved the way for the rebels’ conquest of Tripoli in late August. It was only then that the broader American public got some idea of the central role that al-Qaeda had been playing in the rebellion all along. As Tripoli fell, it emerged that the commander of the rebel forces that had taken control of the capital was none other than Abdul Hakim Belhadj, the historical leader of the local al-Qaeda affiliate, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG). In fact, no fewer than three al-Qaeda-linked militants who had at one time or another been in U.S. custody played key roles in the rebellion. The NATO bombing campaign would continue for another two months, until the last bastions of the old regime had fallen and Moammar Qaddafi had been killed. Just days after Qaddafi’s death in Sirte, the distinctive black flag of al-Qaeda would be seen flying above Benghazi and all along the Benghazi waterfront.

VorDaj on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

But yeah, the original question – McCain?

kim roy on October 8, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Dang! This thread is moving too fast. I just saw your comment. Yes, it all seemed like a bad idea then and in retrospect it doesn’t look any better. :/

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I don’t even understand how it can be close but I’m afraid to be too confident. There are far to many people with megaphones who feel they have a vested interest in this man’s reelection.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

KCB on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Goodnight, Ken! Sleep well!

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Axe on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Wow, you just described Jon Steward to a T.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I’d like it more if I was accruing something for exciting than wrinkles and fat.

Cindy Munford on October 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Mrs. Bmore says nothing could be further from the truth. You have neither. I asked Mrs Bmore, mainly because after 28 years of marital bliss, I learned never to comment on such things. I will say this. I found you to be even lovelier in person than you are here. I am deeply honored to meet someone I admire so. ; )

Bmore on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Stewart

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Probably disinformation as the Iranians would see that he “meet with an unfortunate accident” if he tried.

VorDaj on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

That’s kind of sweet, as long as he doesn’t do it again.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

LOL I may have communicated that to him rather — forcefully. :)

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I haven’t been here much lately. You know how nuts I get this close to elections…

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I don’t even understand how it can be close but I’m afraid to be too confident.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

It’s not close, Cindy. Ace called the race today.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

LoLz.I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

The radio talkers are referring to this, maybe, confusing arms with intervention…

Romney offered some new details on his foreign policy approach. Among other things, he called for more direct intervention in Syria, arguing that anti-government forces should have weapons. He said Obama has “failed to lead” in the region.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I prefer to think of it as Germano-Nebraskan-Tex-Mex.

cozmo on October 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Some authentic places make it with that kind of seemingly unseasoned pork sausage…. *shudders*

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hi Jackie. Yes, I could hear Bolton’s influence throughout the entire speech.

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I’ve decided to go with the information at hand, the feeling I see among the people I know and do business with, and my gut instincts.

Heart of a lion… the worst thing that can happen is that Romney might lose and I’d be wrong. I’ve been wrong before. I survived.

I really believe he is going to win.

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

It must have been something you said.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Do you think those amounts include outstanding mortgages on their homes? I just think it is odd that you have to have a financial check to work at a lot of jobs but these guys seem to be ripe for opportunity of corruption.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Welcome back, though you haven’t missed much, except last Wednesday’s change in everything.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Good evening OC..Great to see you..:)

Dire Straits on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Assad running off to Russia before the election will give Barry an opportunity to crow about an undeserved foreign policy win.

bayview on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I think that’s a good way to look at it.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Good night Jackie.

KCB on October 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Just in case maybe you ought to write a letter to be posted only in case of your disappearance or unexplained demise and give it to a close friend… o_O

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I just love Bolton. He has the heart of a lion and he’s smart as hell. He also has plenty of insight and experience, unlike Obama’s people.

I’d bet on him and Romney any day over H.R. Clinton and Obama.

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

KCB on October 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM

‘Nite

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Oh man, I thought it was just me! Lasagne isn’t supposed to be bland. Or, at least I don’t think so.

cozmo on October 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

i really think AP out did himself tonight. A great lineup

the buzzfeed piece was perfect. This is a hacktastic article by a rather poor writer who loves…and i mean loves to be on the inside, with barry et al. He probably dreamed of being the pool reporter on Jack and Jackies yacht when he was a kid. The writing is so bad that he actually said ‘toxic green’ in the first grafs since he wanted to do some foreshadowing.

the left is so totally freaked…and Rove is desperately trying to calm everyone down with a outdated lame EC map.

i love it.

but, there is a long way to go…and the town hall will be packed by leftists who say they are ‘undecided’..right..undecided between barry and the green party

so mitt is going to get some Rude Questions…barry not so much. As o’reilly said, some guy will get up and say…i don’t have no car…whatcha going to do about that?

r keller on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I was here, in that humungous debate thread that grew a new page every five minutes…

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Well, here goes the mood. Romney promised to intervene on behalf of the opposisition in Syria, if he’s elected. He can go to Hades for that. The US has no business intervening in Syria, not with troops.

Schadenfreude on October 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM

… and this is where we are going to not be able to just sit back after the election. It’s going to take us and the Tea Party members of Congress to hold President Romney’s feet to the fire to make sure that he doesn’t start heading left.

AZfederalist on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Hi Jackie. Yes, I could hear Bolton’s influence throughout the entire speech.

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

He’d be great at Defense or State. That would rattle the world good.

Jackie, may you be right.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Five. Ten servings per pan.

JPeterman on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Depends on the pan size, but I’m guessing at least five.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I wasn’t, not in vivo, as that was the only time, ever, that I actually watched/listened to Obama. It turned out that it was sufferable.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Bmore on October 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I feel the same way about you and Mrs. Bmore. It was great meeting you. I’m glad we managed it. I hope that we can get together and talk about y’all instead of HotAir. Although, what can be more interesting than HotAir and its citizens?? Whoever they are!!!

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Five. Ten servings per pan.

JPeterman on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

That could leave some Garfields, like me, disappointed.

cozmo on October 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

bayview on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

We’ll have to see how it plays out on the ground in Syria with Turkey’s involvement. Russia is backing Syria, as is Iran with some Iranian guard already on the ground.

If Assad goes, its generally thought that he will last beyond the election. That’s why Romney is taking a stand to help arm the rebels, so that the weapons of mass destruction can be tracked on the ground in real time.

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

JPeterman on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Thanks, J.
Hey Dire…

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

What’s the scoop on the rain?

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

o_O

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

LOL. It’s rare when we get served up a debacle so ugly that it transcends partisan politics. I’m working it.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

at least 10

Rio Linda Refugee on October 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yes, they probably are confusing the issues. Intentionally maybe?

Anyway…

Full Transcript/Video of Mitt Romney’s Foreign Policy Speech at the VMI

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Conservative4ev on October 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM

…you already have a #…dumb fluke!

KOOLAID2 on October 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Sorry! This thread is moving very fast. Is this the set up to a joke? Okay, if not: I used the disposable aluminum half sheet size pans that I figured would serve 12 to 15 large pieces (they’re deep) and I made about 3 of those. I also made 2 of those with vegetarian. I think each pan weighed about 25 pounds. We still ran out!

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

cozmo on October 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I made spinach lasagna last week and the daughter said it needed some heat. I guess I’ll a touch of pepper flakes next time.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

It also depends how good the lasagne is.

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

thank you, Schadenfreude.:)

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

OC, here’s a discussion. Just picked at random about “feeding 50 people with lesagna, with some to spare”.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Depending on how big.The standard 9/13″ would probably feed 8-10 with salad and bread..

sandee on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I like lots of meat in lasagne. I once made one with five lbs of bacon and it was awesome. The 13X9 pan only yielded six servings and it was overflowing and bubbly…

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

r keller on October 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I agree, AP gave us a good group of articles tonight.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

It must have been something you said.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Niiiice. Reminds me of this!

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

thank you, Schadenfreude.:)

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

The land and the world will thank YOU!!!

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

8 pans would feed 48 people if there were 6 servings per pan.

The 2 liberals wouldn’t get any.

SparkPlug on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Do you think those amounts include outstanding mortgages on their homes?

I assume it does.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

That’s always the big risk with politicians and people in government in general. Corruption.

For example, illegal immigration is really just common corruption. Some businesses don’t want the laws enforced because they can do two things with illegal aliens:
a) under-bid their competitors, and;
b) push off some of the costs of doing business on the taxpayer by having the illegals get government entitlements, education, healthcare, etc., which they would normally have to pay a living wage to entice legal employees.

So they pay into politicians’ campaigns to not enforce the law. Very corrupt.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

…I’m nuts enough for both of us!…YOU!… stay here!

KOOLAID2 on October 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM

That could leave some Garfields, like me, disappointed.

cozmo on October 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I depends on the size of the pan and how deep it is. My sister makes it in her shop once in a while. I have no idea how many layers but her slices are about 5 inches thick.

JPeterman on October 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

lol! Hardly, they can thank Bolton and Romney. That will suit me, fine!:)

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Envy?

Cindy Munford on October 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM

*uptwinkles*

Axe on October 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Good lady, I watched it this morning, not live, but on a C-Span rerun. I picked up the chatter from tonight’s radio talks. Here’s hoping for moral support and not much more. We had no business in Lybia and Syria is a mess 1000 fold worse.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

What about the cheese? That’s the best part. Layers of cheese and pasta.

SparkPlug on October 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

After a Monday like the one I had today, there’s always the QotD thread. :)

Bob's Kid on October 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Reminds me of this!

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Wow

And I thought I was cold.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

wolly4321 on October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Ha! The great unwashed masses pawing at you and everything….

President Barack Obama doesn’t want your disgusting germs … this according to his former “body man” Reggie Love.

Love — who served as Obama’s personal aide from 2007 to 2011 — was hanging out at the DNC in North Carolina this week when he told us the Top 3 items a good “body man” should have on him at all times.

The list isn’t too impressive … but there is one interesting “must-have” — Purell … the hand sanitizer.

Smart move considering how many hands the POTUS shakes every day … and lets face it … people are gross.

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

What’s the scoop on the rain?

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Still a severe drought. We are desperate for more and they are urging us to water our trees. I have a 130 year old oak that dropped a record number of acorns and a lot of sap. I have heard this only happens when they think they are dying…

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Something to think about. You, the Mister and the pups could swing by the place in the forest on your way back down. That’s something to consider. We have plenty of space and a lovely fire on the porch would do you good. I promise. ; )

Bmore on October 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Personally, I hate dislike spinach very much, so I don’t know what to do there. But a couple of drops of pepper juice in the ricotta usually increases the heat uniformly.

cozmo on October 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I hear you..5 lbs of bacon??..Wow..:):)

Dire Straits on October 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Just one, but a) it has to be a really big pan, and b) portions must be carefully controlled and small… :P

SWalker on October 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Chavez is already promising to disown a lot more of the “rich people”.

Schadenfreude on October 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What about the cheese? That’s the best part. Layers of cheese and pasta.

SparkPlug on October 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Ions of Mozzarella, parmesan & ricotta. Very cheesy, bacony and pasta…
I was real good…

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

John the Libertarian on October 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Well, if Ace called it, I feel better.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I hear you..5 lbs of bacon??..Wow..:):)

Dire Straits on October 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM

That’s 5 regular packages. I will never be able to sincerely say that I ‘love’ bacon again, because now I realize what true bacon love really means…

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I’m looking forward to the election.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Let me ask again, How many pans of lasagne does it take to feed fifty people?

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM

If you’re using a 10×13 pan, I would make at least 4 pans of it.

Flora Duh on October 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I like lasagna even when its cold and left over for the next day.

SparkPlug on October 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Dream On – DIO and Malmsteen

thatsafactjack on October 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Wow

And I thought I was cold.

jaime on October 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

It’s getting past my bedtime. I should say ‘Goodnight, Gracie.’ :D

Goodnight, Gracie! Goodnight everybody ;)

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM

OmahaConservative on October 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

It does sound stressed. I’m praying you get some relief soon.

Cindy Munford on October 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM

cynccook on October 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Bacon in lasagne? And you get on me for carrots and ground buffalo?

I really like bacon. But in lasagne?

To each their own.