Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on October 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

Senior Obama campaign adviser Robert Gibbs on Sunday acknowledged that the president was unhappy with his performance in last week’s first debate.

“It’s not rocket science to believe that the president’s disappointed,” Gibbs said, in an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

***

President Barack Obama returns to Los Angeles Sunday for a star-bedecked celebrity concert and fundraising dinner. In the wake of his Denver debate troubles, however, the long scheduled visit has acquired another, equally urgent purpose—reassuring his Hollywood supporters that he’s fighting to win the race and he’s poised for a comeback in the next televised forum with former Gov. Mitt Romney…

“Everyone is in shock,” said one long-time Democratic activist. “No one can understand what happened.”

At the very least, several longtime Obama supporters told THR, the chief executive should expect some directorial notes on how to tailor his performance to television’s split screen. “Everyone with a connection to the president is reaching out to him,” said another veteran Dem. “At the end of the day, the best coach he has is himself.”

***

CBS’s “Face the Nation” host Bob Schieffer kicked off the conversation “with the obvious question — what happened?”

“The president showed up with the intent of answering questions and having a discussion, an honest discussion of where we will go as a country, and Romney showed up to deliver a performance, and he delivered a very good performance,” Axelrod said. “It was completely un-rooted in fact, it was completely un-rooted in the positions he’s taken before and he spent 90 minutes trying to undo two years of campaigning on that stage, but he did it very well.”…

Obama, Axelrod said, “was a little taken aback by the brazenness with which Gov. Romney walked away” from his past positions and his record.

***

Expectations have changed after the greatest audience in the history of presidential debates saw a veritable empty suit — or empty chair — on stage, without a helpful media follow-up question, or a “make no mistake about it” refrain to be had. Over 60 million now expect little at all from their president in the debate, so Obama will benefit from dismal expectations by just showing up as the incumbent and being addressed as “Mr. President.” The pressure on Romney to be even more impressive mounts. The realization that another rant by a liberal commentator could cement the reputation of Obama as an incompetent and add to the image of a hopelessly inept president will temper post-debate media anger. The moderator cannot afford to be laissez-faire in the fashion of Jim Lehrer, and will prove far more partisan. The media pressure to discount the importance of the debates themselves will increase.

But despite all that, the nation has now seen that the conservative critique of Barack Obama — fluff without substance — was frighteningly accurate.

***

The first, and the most dangerous threat to Obama’s re-election, is a critical mass of voters saying this: “Barack Obama, nice man, good father, great that we finally elected an African-American. He tried hard. But you know what? I just want to try something new, even if I don’t know it will work.”

That sentiment is deadly for Obama. As long as Romney didn’t seem like a credible alternative, Obama kept it at bay, even though the economy has stagnated. But Romney reawakened that mood by the confident and crisp way he talked about the mechanics of how jobs are created — through start-ups, small businesses and entrepreneurship — and the catalytic power of markets. His presentation crackled with a freshness and a sense of possibility that was completely missing in Obama’s monotone discussion of health care, deficits and government programs. And where Obama had a chance to talk about how his own green jobs initiative has actually spurred all kinds of innovations and start-ups, he whiffed. (As some have noted, it is too bad the debate rules didn’t allow him to phone a friend.)

***

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus expressed optimism that Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) would do well in Thursday night’s vice presidential debate, but sought to downplay expectations…

“Paul is going to do a great job, but also I think it’s very important that people understand that, people realize that Joe Biden is a gifted orator, is very good at rhetoric, is very relatable,” he added…

“Last week you saw the difference: an unfiltered Mitt Romney, an unfiltered Barack Obama,” he said of the debate. “You saw inspiration, heart, preparedness from Mitt Romney and you saw a president that came in unprepared and uninspiring.”

“You know what, maybe Clint Eastwood was right,” said Priebus.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Click the image to watch.

***

“It was one of the most inept performances by an incumbent president that I’ve ever seen,” said TIME Magazine columnist Joe Klein. He said that Obama’s performance was indicative of his deferential demeanor and his aversion towards public fights. However, Klein said that Obama opted for “unilateral disarmament” in the face of Romney’s attacks on his record.

MSNBC host S.E. Cupp said that her contacts within the Romney campaign see this debate as facilitating a reset of the campaign in three parts. First, they wanted a fight, which they got. Second, the debate ignited the attentions of marginally interested swing voters. Finally, they feel that the debate allowed disaffected Obama voters from 2008 the license to take a second look at Romney.

“They see this as a hat trick moving forward,” said Cupp.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If obama wins, he wins.

hawkdriver on October 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Oh what a disgrace if such a despicable and base man, who hates America and it’s constitution and all Christians, and worships himself, should be allowed four more years to assault a people which has the faith of omnipotent God! With what reproaches will the Lord overwhelm us if we do not promptly and fully aid those who’s conscience is being brutalized and murdered because they profess the Christian religion! Let those who have been accustomed unjustly to wage private warfare against other of the faithful now all unite and go against the tyrant in a Holy Crusade and end with total victory in November!

Let those who have been in service of this tyrant against their own brothers and sisters now fight in a proper way against this tyrant. Let those who have been wearing themselves out in both body and soul in vain attempt to appease him now labor for glorious honor against him. Behold! On the one side will be the completely destroyed tyrant, on the other the fierce and righteous protectors of the Constitution and Christianity. On the one side will be the destroyed enemy of the Lord and the Constitution, on the other, their friends who will shout at the tyrant as they destroy him in November, “It is for the Founding Fathers!”, “It is for the Founding Fathers!, and “Deus vult! Deus vult! Deus vult!”

RasThavas on October 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

{In my best Sally Struthers imitation}

Pleaseonly you can help us … to starve this troll of attention.

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Starve.

Bmore on October 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

There is not a white one? Not even pink? They start right out with beige. Do the Crayola people know something we don’t?

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

exactly! I remember cuanda un era nino that I grabbed the white crayon to color in some peeps in my book and was like, “WTF? this don’t look like people look?”

ted c on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Folks, please.

I am as guilty of engaging trolls as anyone here. But please, ignore the claymation thread hijacker.

He’s full of crap and derails valuable dialog between folks who actually have information to add.

If obama wins, he wins.

hawkdriver on October 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM

H E L L O ! !
Thank you!
Can anybody read?

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

We’ll see tomorrow in Rasmussen and Gallup how much of a “joke” the American public thinks the 7.8 number is.

gumbyandpokey on October 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

The joke is that Gallup adjusted the number to 7.9.

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Trolls are bad for my bank account. When they invade threads – I go shopping online :)

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

II think you will all* enjoy it.

( * – excluding the trolls, mobys & loons)

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

That is a good one. Those split screen shots of Mitt and the King are devastating.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

It’s all so easy to understand.

Only fools don’t get that Obama has never been any different.

Note to all – very exciting happenings in Venezuala.

Viva Venezuela libre.

I hope blood will not flow tomorrow.

The news are split on Drudge.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Boy howdy, lay this chart on the Obysmal delusionals about the national debt.
(Comments are good, too.)

onlineanalyst on October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Chavez “won”

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

And the Unemployment Rate is actually 7.8%, too./

kingsjester on October 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I saw two excellent Romney ads on TV in FL this evening.

One was done by AEI http://www.aei-ideas.org/ with a couple excellent charts on showing how the number of jobs have gone down and how the debt has gone up.

I can’t remember who did the other one. I thought they were both effective because they stated basic facts and numbers that will get people’s attention (for those who haven’t paid attention @_@) and get past the media spin.

INC on October 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Hi Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Please … only you can help us … to starve this troll of attention.

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Understand..

Chavez “won”

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Crap.

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Pat Caddelll gives the Romney campaign a helluva idea for an ad.

Specifically, the Romney campaign should send a camera-equipped “tracker” to Obama events–and videotape only the Obama teleprompter. Then some clever “Mad Men” types could concoct a video spot, something like this: the teleprompter-less Obama onstage in Denver, stumbling as he looks down at his notes, compared to the telepromptered Obama on the the stump, delivering a much different, and far more fluid, campaign line. The message, in other words: Obama can’t function without that word-machine in front of him. And with such intellectual flabbiness on display for all to see, do we really expect the American people to believe that Obama merits a second term?

ted c on October 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Here you go:

II think you will all* enjoy it.

( * – excluding the trolls, mobys & loons)

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Excellent — they need to trim the beginning & cut into 2 30 second ads (there’s a natural break) & run the heck out of them nationally, IMO.

Dark Star on October 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

…you don’t get it!

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I’m shopping for books over at Amazon.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

And the Unemployment Rate is actually 7.8%, too./

kingsjester on October 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Exactly

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Bmore on October 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Remember our discussion of other uses for the VS system?

I was thinking a few nights ago,

“I could use this thing to estimate the current herd count of does and fawns. Why the heck are they ALL coming up so close to the house all of a sudden?”
It took me till last night to realize,

” D’OH! It’s so they can get away from the bucks and eat in peace!”

Technology – a poor replacement for a working brain.

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I don’t know why anyone keeps responding to the troll. It’s pretty obvious that it’s probably a troll from Daily Kos just trying to irritate us. Let it be. Who knows? Maybe it’s paid by the response.

GOPRanknFile on October 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I’m shopping for books over at Amazon.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

REally?
I’m on Amazon too.
Not for books.

For a really big USB thumb drive…

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I’m shopping for books over at Amazon.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I’m on a self imposed book ban. No more until I read at least 4 that I already have on my shelf.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Chavez “won”

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

“It’s not the people who vote, it’s the people who count the vote” — Stalin

I don’t believe the 54% blowout.

If the dummies truly voted in such a majority for Chavez they deserve bondage and slavery.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Theft.

Bmore on October 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Hi Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Did you see that Dire got around your fancy radarish type equipment?

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Yet, curiously, there appears to be no clear sign that the election is in Romney’s bag.

What a strange, strange world we live in these days.

Cleombrotus on October 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Check out DRUDGE.

Flora Duh on October 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Actually, I read the role of Straw Man Romney is being played by Axelrod — I chit you not! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Dark Star on October 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

No HollyWeirdo volunteered ? Not even Cloony?
That’s strange :O

burrata on October 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Starve.

Bmore on October 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

…we post with intelectually bright people who are dumb flukes in other aspects!

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Dark Star on October 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Preciely! … and make another dozen or so from other highpoints!

When your enemy hands you mortar shells, you should always do the polite thing and return them … in a TOT barrage.

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Why? You can but rat poison at Home Depo. Mix it in with the skittles they eat from Barry’s hiney and it kilts them all.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Venezuela

predator on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

@mboyle1

Oh wow. Tanks in streets via Chavez in Venezuela [PHOTO] h/t @FrancesMartel: http://bit.ly/UwVBVt

Flora Duh on October 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Too weird to see a tank going past a Burger King. I don’t like that visual.

INC on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I don’t believe the electoral council in Venezuela.

If Chavez ‘won’ it’s not a good omen for the good people in the US.

Moochers and looters unite everywhere.

Prepare.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

New shoes are more fun.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

…we post with intelectually bright people who are dumb flukes in other aspects!

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You shouldn’t bring Sandra into this..
She has a meter.

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I can’t make up my mind. I’m buying older, used books. I refuse to pay $12.99-$17.99 for an E-book. “Cain Mutiny” looks interesting.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Actually it may be a good thing after Chavez gave Barry his endorsement.

Visuals are very powerful persuasive things.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

New shoes are more fun.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Oh I see. Kick em with those pointy shoes. But if you buy steel toes you can step on heir necks.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM

The victory gives Chavez another six-year term to cement his legacy and press more forcefully for a transition to socialism in the country with the world’s largest proven oil reserves.

May he go to Hades, soon!!!

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Technology – a poor replacement for a working brain.

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Tis the season. I have some fawns out around the area of the house. Captured some nice photos of them on my Bushnell. Our first year six point nicknamed curious boy is doing well. One of the folks out my way said they didn’t think he make it to two. I hope they fail. I want to keep him around for a while. He’s an interesting tike. He likes the camera. It represents food to him. ; ) I have had to do something I have never done before. Put out the word my property is off limits to hunting this year. I’m catching flak over the decision. Oh well.

Bmore on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

…you don’t get it!

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I get it, and I don’t give a s***. That a** is going to post whether we respond or not, so stop trying to censor me if I want to respond. If you want him silenced (as we all do), then write to Ed and Allah and complain about the trolling. Sometimes, they actually do something about it.

In other news, the ‘big PPP Virginia poll’ shows Romney gaining 2 while going from a D+3 to a D+6 sample. If anyone wants to be scared by that, be my guest. I think it’s funny…

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Chavez spent billions buying the stupid off. Obama does the same.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Feast.

Bmore on October 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I don’t believe the electoral council in Venezuela.

If Chavez ‘won’ it’s not a good omen for the good people in the US.

Moochers and looters unite everywhere.

Prepare.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Just an hour ago I read that exit polls were showing Capriles in the lead.

But I think we all knew Chavez would win – whether he did or not.

Flora Duh on October 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

May he go to Hades, soon!!!

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

How soon before King Obama calls to congratulate?

Too bad I don’t believe he really won.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

We are Venezuela.

But we can change direction…

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Did you see that Dire got around your fancy radarish type equipment?

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Ha. I will not be deterred. He only thinks he can get past my surveillance/predictor machine.

My latest version has a set of rabbit ear antennas that can pick up signals from far far away even if he wears that tin foil Fedora of his. That’s how he got past me the last time. But I’m on to his tricks. (:

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

We are Venezuela.

But we can change direction…

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

One thing we have that Venezuela doesn’t – American patriotism. We would never let it get that far IMO.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

How soon before King Obama calls to congratulate?

May they both go to Hell.

Too bad I don’t believe he really won.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I don’t either but how can people be so stupid?

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM

ABC is announcing that Chavez won. Whatever. They get what they deserve…

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Just an hour ago I read that exit polls were showing Capriles in the lead.

But I think we all knew Chavez would win – whether he did or not.

Flora Duh on October 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I just read an article about an hour ago that exit polling in Venezuela was against the law.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

So I am guessing chavez is presidente in perpetuity now… 14 years down, 626 to go…I feel sorry for the other half of venezuelans who loath the bastard…pretty much like here…

jimver on October 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

– American patriotism. We would never let it get that far IMO.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Crossing fingers…

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Venezuelan election judge:

“Are you done voting?”

“Good, and you voted for Chavez?”

“Excellent! Now go back to the end of the line and vote again. We’ll be open all night if need be.”

predator on October 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Howdy.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

ABC is announcing that Chavez won. Whatever. They get what they deserve…

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Relatively free people always, always, always deserve their ‘leaders’.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Just got a Twerp blip on the screen. I knew as soon as I mentioned the rabbit ears her ears would perk up. Cozmo told me that.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM

It is, but they allowed a Spanish company to conduct them anyway.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Please lets not start fighting with each other — KOOLAID2 only requested that others not to respond to the troll; that isn’t “censoring” you — you are still free to do what you want — unless, of course, you slander the “prophet” of Islam, then 12 armed police men in brown shirts will show up at your house at midnight to take you for “voluntary questioning.”

Dark Star on October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Howdy.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Doody.

predator on October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

My motto with little flakes like Chavez is you want him out go out there and gut him like a fish

Conservative4ev on October 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Crossing fingers…

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I just have faith that Rick Perry, Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley, Jan Brewer, Susanna Martinez, etc would not go quietly into the socialist night.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Twerp, that reminds me of a line from a song:

“Howdy Doody, Tutti Fruti, the seam up the back of her hose,
Ah do you remember those?”

predator on October 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I hope Chavez goes screaming soon.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Look at this site for free Kindle books…

d1carter on October 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Chavez spent billions buying the stupid off. Obama does the same.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Neah, here the stupid volunteer to vote for obama. Well, unless you count the obamaphones :)…Besides the boy king doesn’t have chavez oil revenues to buy his electorate for the next 40 years.

jimver on October 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Do you think it’s a joke?

Chuck Schick on October 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It is, but they allowed a Spanish company to conduct them anyway.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Strange. I’m sure Hugo didn’t like their results and they are sitting in a prison somewhere.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Lets not forget to add us to that list…

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Add me too. I will make a lot of noise going into the socialist night.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

…”censoring you”…!…you have ITS braincells!

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Wait til the Dems see this. lol. It may shake Joe’s debate confidence.

bloggless on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Why he’s falling apart.

KCB on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

– American patriotism. We would never let it get that far IMO.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I bet 46% of the people in Venezuela thought the same thing.

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Bmore on October 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I have never let anyone hunt on our property. It not to “protect” the deer. The Ohio deer population is currently 750,000 and we will never have enough predators to control the population.

It is because I have known too many “hunters” I would not trust with slingshot, much less a shotgun.

Someone was publicly observing my “position” was not very “neighborly” …

… I replied, “Then anyone I find firing a gun onto my land is going to be really unhappy when I return fire.”

There is one deerstand in the adjoining woods to my property – it faces 180 degrees away from my property.

I think they got the message.

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Look at this site for free Kindle books…

d1carter on October 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Wow! Bookmarked!

Thanks!!!

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Dark Star on October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I’m not fighting with anyone. I have no problem at all with KOOLAID2. None. And the prophet of Islam likes BLTs and pork rinds and hanging out at casinos. With hot Jewish chicks.

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

JPeterman, gratis

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Wait til the Dems see this. lol. It may shake Joe’s debate confidence.

bloggless on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Cheesily wonderful!

My, that lead singer is certainly … limber.

PolAgnostic on October 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

– American patriotism. We would never let it get that far IMO.
gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I bet 46% of the people in Venezuela thought the same thing.
Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Why can’t I, as hard as I try, shake this horrible feeling?

Cleombrotus on October 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Chuck Schick on October 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

…better things going on than paying attention to the polestroker…and have you heard you can catch the crabs?

KOOLAID2 on October 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

_////\\\\(..)////\\\\
-////”””””’(..)”””””’\\\\

This spider will eat your lunch.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Why he’s falling apart.

KCB on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Great author and I love the picture.

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Dark Star on October 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I’m not fighting with KOOL, and I have no problem with KOOL. The end.

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Hope n change has been a joke. Too many doofuses fell for it.

SparkPlug on October 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM

– American patriotism. We would never let it get that far IMO.
gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Honestly; that we’ve let it get as far as we have already scares the hell outta me.

Midas on October 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM

If you have a kindle, when you are in the store, type in “free kindle books”. There are about 50,000 books there. Most of the classics are there because they are out of copyright or something. A lot of really old stuff, the Federalist Papers, The Constitution, etc. That’s where I got my book about things you can make out of duct tape. Laughing out loud.

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I bet 46% of the people in Venezuela thought the same thing.

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I am sure it was closer to 62%..
But we will let Gumby tell us the real numbers..

He can’t right now as he is cheering Venezuela right now..

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Wait til the Dems see this. lol. It may shake Joe’s debate confidence.

bloggless on October 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Thanks, that was really funny.

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

JPeterman, gratis

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Well I see I’m not going to get any work done tonight :(

Thanks.

JPeterman on October 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I see gumby’s has resurfaced. A turd has to pop up somewhere.

wargamer6 on October 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Midas on October 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Oh that’s true but I think Obama has been a big “oh crap” wake up call to a lot of people.

I don’t think it will get to the point of Venezuela – at least I hope not.

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Why can’t I, as hard as I try, shake this horrible feeling?

Cleombrotus on October 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I feel better the past few days than I have in awhile, but we’re not out of the woods yet.

I am sure it was closer to 62%..
But we will let Gumby tell us the real numbers..

He can’t right now as he is cheering Venezuela right now..

Electrongod on October 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Good point!

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Ashley Judd is freaking nuts – that is all

gophergirl on October 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM

JPeterson, another bookmark

Schadenfreude on October 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Night Owl on October 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You can also go to Gutenberg.org and choose from their selection of free stuff. It can all be downloaded to kindles.

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I’m not fighting with KOOL, and I have no problem with KOOL. The end.

joejm65 on October 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM