Quotes of the day

posted at 9:11 pm on October 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

Seeing our president hanging out at podiums in Charlotte and now Denver, his famous competitiveness nowhere to be seen, has left me with a question I wish I didn’t have: Does Barack Obama really want to be president?

His campaign team wants it, yes, and his party, and his wife. But if meeting donors and lawmakers is such a drag, and campaigning such a chore, maybe he’d rather be home in Chicago, spending time with his family and small circle of close friends. At work, only his students would press him for answers. And at parties, he could indulge his kindhearted inclination to seek out the oldest person in the room and settle in to hear his stories…

Only, in love, in work, and in politics, desire is at least as important as affinity; you actually have to want it, and show that that’s the case.

***

Physically, he looked shamefaced, even guilty. Whenever Romney made some point, he would drop his head, purse his lips, and nod, like a prisoner in the dock admitting to some shabby crime…

Instead, Obama signaled that he wants out. His diehard supporters are already trying to wave away this weirdly awful, unengaged performance as just his latest turn of Zen mastery, but that dog won’t hunt. They should steel themselves for more shocking displays of indifference over the next month on the part of this strangely diffident individual. It’s quite possible that he means what he says, and he really can’t wait to become an ex-president.

For all of his fumblings, Mitt Romney by contrast very much wants to be president, and if Barack Obama has decided to open the door to the White House, Romney will stroll on through.

***

Watching the president grimace his way through the restrained back-and-forth reminded me of a conversation I recently had with a friend in Democratic politics, who posited that Mr. Obama simply doesn’t love being president. Not that he doesn’t want the job or believe he should have it, or that its challenges don’t give him plenty of cause for stress or solemnity — just that he doesn’t appear to actually enjoy the daily business of running the country.

Mostly, what Mr. Obama seems to get no joy from, and what debates really demand of you, is the opportunity to persuade people that you’re right, by making complex arguments sound simple and self-evident. This is why Bill Clinton’s convention speech stood out as it did — because it reminded everyone of how powerful an enthusiastic presidential explanation can be…

Mr. Obama’s goal, it seems, was to indicate his continued willingness to serve in a job he believes he can do better than the other guy, but that doesn’t really seem to energize or enliven him. That’s a problem, and not only for the duration of the campaign.

***

I said it after the convention speech and I’ll say it again: If there’s something that seems shut down in our once ebulliently optimistic president, it most likely has to do with the wars. Obama is a naturally empathic individual, whose diverse, mobile, international background made him unusually able when it came to assessing new social situations and reading more than people say. Some observers have speculated that Obama needs a crowd, energy he can draw from. But he had that aplenty in Charlotte, and it barely helped. I suspect a more prosaic explanation: A person of his temperament cannot maintain the same open demeanor when he’s dealing with war and death all the time. As, we must recall, Obama has been for years now. If Obama seems shut down, perhaps it is because he has to be to be who he is and do the job he needs to do day in and day out. If his heart didn’t seem in it last night, I wonder if it’s not in part because the last thing he needs to consider in his work on a day-to-day basis is his heart. It’s a long way from being a community organizer, civil-rights lawyer and anti-war state senator to running a drone war that kills innocent civilians, ordering the death of militants, overseeing a policy that’s led to an increase in American casualties in Afghanistan, and delivering funereal remarks at a ceremony honoring the returning remains of a slain American diplomat.

It’s the only explanation I can come up with for why there is so much self-abnegation in Obama’s campaigning.

***

The Obama who delivered a shockingly lackluster convention speech last month is the same man who walked into that Denver stadium in 2008 to rapturous approval. The man who lost the debate Wednesday night is the same man who never managed to make Obamacare popular after more than 50 speeches and pronouncements on it in his first year.

The key difference now is that the hunger for Obama has been replaced with the indigestion that follows after four unimpressive years in office. In sales, they say you sell the sizzle, not the steak. In 2008, the man was all sizzle, and the ravenous throng was sold. Now he must sell the steak itself, and it’s full of gristle, fat, and bone.

***

Left unmentioned was the fact that the liberals were criticizing Obama for the very aspects of his personality they so often celebrate. After the killing of Osama bin Laden in 2011 Matthews praised this “cold-blooded” president, whom he now excoriates for aloofness and apathy. Sullivan famously argued that Obama’s high-mindedness would take the country beyond the cultural fights of the Baby Boom generation, but when Obama took a high-minded approach in his closing statement Wednesday night, and floated above the debate at 30,000 feet, Sullivan called it “f—ing sad, confused, and lame.” For years liberals have praised Obama’s intellect, fluency, demeanor, and dignity—qualities they now worry might be too “professorial” for the debate-watching public.

Did the scales just fall from their eyes? Had they really not considered the possibility that Obama might not be as formidable, or as “likable,” as they had thought? Or had they been so blinded by their preconceived notions about the man, so devoted to the idea that his opponents are nothing more than fundamentalist servants of Moloch, that they could not imagine what would happen when he encountered, face-to-face, a clever, smart, cogent, and determined opponent?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Thanks,Axe… I think… what’s in the ‘interesting’ cave?

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

SWalker- are you suggesting Romney can win CA?

Hope you are right. Those heavily populated urban centers,, present a problem don’t they? CA isn’t even part of the USA anymore. It’s a democracy. With a little help from the Courts.

wolly4321 on October 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Nice look! I won’t say anything, but don’t let the B find out..

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Good evening, Mike!

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Nice! Say, what do you think our friend Schadenfreude uses for product?

Bmore on October 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Dude. I would no sooner ask that question of Shad than I would of Bishop. :)

Are you guys talking about the single spider that stopped a $10-15 Mil project in, Oklahoma, or was it Texas?

Jackalope on October 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I have no idea wth anyone is talking about anymore. :)

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Well friends, it’s lovely to be back. The last cole in the ole wood stove is flickering away. It’s chilly on the porch this evening. The acorns are dropping, the owls are up, Fall. Tomorrow, haul this seasons wood over from the shed. Three cords. Beautiful red oak. Nice to be back amongst you all!

Good Night All.

Axe. Lyrics.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

If you can’t decide what to do with your life
You just don’t know what it is that’s right
If you just don’t know what to do
You just don’t know what’s right for you

If you can’t decide where to go with your life
You just don’t know where to spend your time
If you can’t decide where to go with your life
I’m sure you’ll do whatever is right
I’ve always known you were incredibly bright

Get in your go-kart and go little sister
Get it your go-kart and go
Get in your go-kart and go little sister
Get it your go-kart and go

Get in your go-kart and go little sister
Get it your go-kart and go
Get in your go-kart and go little sister
Get it your go-kart and go

And then swing your swift sword sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword sister, sister
Sister swing your swift sword now

Swing your swift sword sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword sister, sister,

Bmore on October 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I have no idea wth anyone is talking about anymore. :)

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

We are talking about Pistol Shrimp and Jackies Cave Boots; but mainly about the cave boots.

SparkPlug on October 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Oh Brother, that is the dopiest piece of denial I’ve seen in ages.

KS Rex on October 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM

It’s strange watching them rationalize the narrative. They never let it go. They just keep inventing twists and turns that don’t exist, to explain “corrections” to their original lies.

It’s crazy.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Hello Jackie, how are you?
How did you let these guys get started on the boots thing again?…….;)

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Jackalope on October 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Don’t know about OK, but one stopped a big highway project in San Antonio. Blind cave dwelling spider. That is the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Sorry, still here — had to let the dog out (just in the back yard & it’s fenced, but I like to go out with her at night). I’ve enjoyed talking with you too — it’s always great to “meet” a fellow animal lover!

Dark Star on October 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Take My Breath Away – Berlin

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I LoL’ed.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

KCB
Thanks, did you see the Obama fail stuff I put up tonight, hilarious ………;)

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

SparkPlug on October 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM

At this point, I think it is about the cave boots only…

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I started out in an outfit from U.F.O., a silver metallic uniform… but then Axe put me in a cave-girl outfit… and I had no shoes.. or boots… and B had a feather boa and everything… :)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Oh Brother, that is the dopiest piece of denial I’ve seen in ages.

KS Rex on October 6, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Those morons on the Left were saying the same thing about Carter back in 1980 — he was “too good a man to be POTUS” /eye roll.

Dark Star on October 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Goodnight B, its was good to *see* you

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Bmore on October 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Goodnight, B! Sleep well! :)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Jackie
Indiana B, huh…..?…;)

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Goodnight Bmore!

Dark Star on October 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

No, but I was by there this afternoon. I like what you did with the mirror. I will check it out before I crash. People are watching..ha!

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

SWalker- are you suggesting Romney can win CA?

wolly4321 on October 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

What I am saying is that California isn’t as secure for Obama as Obama and the Fifth Column Treasonous Media want you to believe it is. California is Romney’s to win, all he needs to do is show up and make an effort.

1 in 10 Californians are unemployed, Gasoline has hit historic highs here, the housing crash hit California harder than almost anywhere else in the nation. The idiots in Hollyweird may still love Obama, but the luster has definitely worn off for the majority of Californians.

Don’t forget, nearly a third of California’s are Catholic, Obama is going to lose are very significant number of them. The Christian Africans-Americans, he’s going to take a brutal beating there as well thanks to his Same Sex marriage stance. It was the Christian African-Americans who pushed Prop 8 across the finish line, only to have a gay activist judge tell them their votes didn’t count.

Yes, Obama has big big big problems brewing in California…

SWalker on October 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Too late? G’night B. cracked me up..

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:48 AM

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Made me laugh! :)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Thanks,Axe… I think… what’s in the ‘interesting’ cave?

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

*plain

… glancing over your smooth, slightly tanned shoulder into the darkness beyond, you see a glimmer. Moving your long blonde hair out of your face — you’ve been running from saber-tooth cats — you pad quietly, in your comfortable leather boots, deeper into the cool and quiet darkness. You see that the glimmer is coming from crystalline rock formations in the walls. With a gasp, you realize the importance of your find.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Again, Obama is clinically incapable of feeling empathy for anyone. He’s also unable to work with others as an equal. He must, instead, always feel superior and always, a recipient of adulation.

ETAB on October 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I think you are spot on. I copied your “diagnosis” and saved it because it was perfect! Thanks for writing it!

AZgranny on October 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Oh, cool! I’m so relieved that I’m smart enough to realize the importance of my find!:)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Another Day In Paradise – Phil Collins

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

KGB
Its funny stuff, it’s everywhere since the debate, I love it………
Check out the video , but make sure you put it in English ………;)

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Its a time-machine right?

SparkPlug on October 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Bmore on October 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Night BMore

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

SparkPlug on October 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Jackie @ 1251
ROFLMAO ……;-D

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Yes, Obama has big big big problems brewing in California…

SWalker on October 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I hope you’re right. I think maybe at best Romney could force obama to spend alittle more time and effort in CA but I still don’t think Romney has a serious shot at CA.

Too many in CA have that entitlement mentality.

Speaking of which…

One of the guys who works for me said something that amazed me today. He said that he doesn’t like how Romney is going to end Medicare for seniors. I told him that no one over 55 will be affected. He then asked what about those under 55 and was worried that once people got older they may not be able to make a decision over which private insurance to use — can you imagine people having to make their own decisions instead of the gov’t doing it for them!!

Again I corrected him that Romney’s plan gives the option of staying on Medicare or private insurance.

It still amazes me how people are not informed and buy into such BS.

Fortunately this guy is from Maine and his likely obama vote won’t matter.

LevinFan on October 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

angrymike, indeed

This is good

…must find out what Bmore is up to…just saw his comment, above.

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

OmahaConservative on October 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Hey, good to see you back.

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I’m off to bed.

I’m phone banking for Romney tomorrow — in case any of y’all are bored, you can sign up on-line to do it from home for free (hint, hint!) :-)

Good night all!

Dark Star on October 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

;)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Dream

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Good Night Dark Star. Enjoyed.

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

LevinFan
I really don’t know if its uninformed or lazy, I’d have to say ppl around here are lazy and don’t realize what’s at stake……….;(

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

LOL — wtf “manzilian”

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yeah, that’s kind of funny, because if you took that approach, brazillian is not where the process is applied.

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Swalker is right. California isn’t a lock.

Javahog on October 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude
I saw that when I was at work….LMAO
I’ll go through them tomorrow, I think I could be busy in the morning ……….;)

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Good evening, Schadenfreude! That cover is astonishing, isn’t it? A testament to how thoroughly Obama was revealed as the effete dilettante that he is.

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM

The quartz. If you can just find a shard, or if you can just find a way to shatter enough rocks — you can use the lattice of a slice with the right depth to repair your beacon. You’d given up hope! It had been — how long? Five years? Ten? — Your escape pod had crashed on this primitive world so long ago, your beacon shattering. And here, quartz for a million beacons!

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Swalker is right. California isn’t a lock.

Javahog on October 6, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I have a hard time with that one, but it would be great. Maybe lock down VA and FL first?? Just sayin.

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Well I must shower and hit the sack, this O/T is killing me……Goodnight everyone……;)

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Good night Mike. I will check in tomorrow!

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Oh, man… I hope there is a time differential in escape velocity, because if I’ve been downed that long, trapped in a neolithic culture without decent skin care products… I’m going to need to reverse time or get a major overhaul! No wonder I’m desperate to get off this dirtball!

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

A good evening to you too, Jackie.

Here is the one I bought 10 of at the time.

I’ll buy this one too.

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Money spent there on ads is money not being spent elsewhere. I have seen a LOT of Obama ads. And my admittedly non-scientific ‘lack of bumper stickers’ survey says California is in play.

Javahog on October 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Goodnight, Mike! Sleep well!:)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I can certainly see why! That’s priceless, as is the new one!

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

That might sound good to you while typing it, but it isn’t remotely close to the truth. California’s unemployment rate is currently at 10.6% Obama didn’t win California by any significant margin in 2008, and that was before his pissed the living carp off out of close to 35% of Californians.

SWalker on October 6, 2012 at 12:14 AM

So now you’ve got the high gas prices which should get the suburban folks adequately irate; high unemployment, I suspect the delta smelt debacle in the Valley will not garner many votes for Obama (I know it started sooner, but he didn’t fix it), and you’ve got the EPA regulations that are hitting on requirements for trucking and other gasoline blends.

Do you think that’s enough to flip the state? I know San Francisco & Sacramento are lost causes, but can the rest of the state defeat Jugears?

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Dude. I would no sooner ask that question of Shad than I would of Bishop. :)

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

He can ask all he wants. I have no idea what products they were yacking about, and not looking up through the threads either. I told him before, often, that the curious cat got burned.

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Something In The Air – Collins

Because… there is.

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Javahog on October 6, 2012 at 1:06 A

I’m in TX. I don’t see ads, but I have told family and friends to watch and see where they spend their money. Then you know. Is anybody spending money in CA?

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I LoL’ed.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

:) S’good. The Perry one is still my favorite, I think.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

That’s priceless, as is the new one!

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Framed, side by side…

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

You are lovely tonight!

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

KCB
Thanks, did you see the Obama fail stuff I put up tonight, hilarious ………;)

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:43 AM

…I have to find those two bumper stickers…and I LOL at the bandages on Barky’s butt!

KOOLAID2 on October 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

alt, how have you been?

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Yep!

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I think it the effects of being of good cheer, Ken. We’ve been grimly determined for so long, and we still are, but there’s been a change in the dynamic, and its invigorating. We’ve waited a long time, and the moment of decision is almost here.

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I hope you are right about CA. I think overall it’s probably filled full of good folks. But much like here in AZ, gerrymandering takes its toll. The populous cities carry the weight. We get isolated by lines. CA is one of the best examples, but surely not the only one. I assume you are in CA.

You have a long fight. Pelosi and Brown? Look at your bench. They aren’t the only ones.

I’ll never live there, ever. I won’t live anywhere I can’t carry a gun. Basic right. I left MD because it’s the same. I left my home, because of leftist. Probably never see it again.

Yes,, that makes me sad.

Romney, even being moderate won’t even touch CA or MD. Or any other urban central welfare states. Rural counties don’t have the numbers. They have been mapped out.

wolly4321 on October 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Dire Straits was here!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Maybe I just dig the boots?

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Dire Straits on October 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Good evening, DIRE! wow.. Spark was only off by four pages!lol!

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

There is that!lol!

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

LevinFan

angrymike on October 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Very true.

Another conservative coworker told me tonight that she kind of sympathizes a bit with the people getting fed up with politics b/c there is too much focus on it. She said there’s all this lying and negativity, etc.

First all the lying is from the liberal side.

And I told her that it’s a small price to pay to get involved to save your country. Look at the sacrifices our Founders made, look at the greatest generation in WWII, and now we have so many who can’t turn off the $@##$# reality tv for 5 minutes to actually try to save the country!

People are really starting to upset me.

LevinFan on October 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Good night Jackie! Time spent with you is spent awesomely! See you soon! Night everybody!

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Dire Straits was here!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Excellent! We thought the GOPe had betrayed you!

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:05 AM

BUT — Would your beloved Ken still be searching for you after all that time? And — what about your boy toy, Hatchet — the gentle soul you had found like a diamond in the rocks? Would he understand when you went back to the stars?

Your thoughts are interrupted. You are not alone.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Good evening!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Wolly, I just got this funny movie in my head about what a Romney ground game would look like in Berkeley. lol.

Javahog on October 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Romney must go here!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

BUT — Would your beloved Ken still be searching for you after all that time?

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Something In The Air – Collins

Because… there is.

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Hi little Jackie. I like this one too. Makes me feel bad when I think of the time I accidently on purpose ran over a bum homeless lady jaywalking.

arnold ziffel on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Your thoughts are interrupted. You are not alone.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Oookay. I obviously missed something somewhere. :-)

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Goodnight, Ken. You’re too kind. I like spending time with you, too. :)Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

People are really starting to upset me.

LevinFan on October 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

If you let them get to you, you’ll be upset forever. ‘Humanity’ and ‘civilization’ are both not for real.

Instead of progress there is regress, since around 1990. 9/1/2001 was the beginning of exponential decline.

I.e. IKEA in Saudi Arabia photoshops women out of all the pictures.

Obama supports those cultures and fancies us the rubes for laughing at his Arab ‘Spring’.

Schadenfreude on October 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Uh oh… ?

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

:) S’good. The Perry one is still my favorite, I think.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I’ve used that line from Mitt’s first one-’Thanks for the bench. Don’t commit suicide.’ on Spawn so much…

annoyinglittletwerp on October 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

arnold ziffel on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Good evening, Arnold! I missed you. Good to see you this evening.:)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

…everybody sensing a different mood on here since the debate?…and I’m seeing names I have not seen in ages…good names coming out of the horizon! …

KOOLAID2 on October 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Oookay. I obviously missed something somewhere. :-)

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Not worth looking up. :) However, I think I mat have my first pulp novel outlined.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

lol

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Don’t listen to him, AZ. He’s stranded me on a dirtball in a neolithic culture, in a saber tooth tiger skin with leather short boots, breaking quartz crystals in a cave to repair my beacon and get the heck off of this planet…where I’ve been stranded long enough to need a serious day trip to the salon/spa… and now…. I’m not alone….

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Your thoughts are interrupted. You are not alone.

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Am I the Ken we are talking about?

KCB on October 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Can’t wait to see bluegill on next wed. night when she gets wet for Paul Ryan and starts in on how Palin was a horrible VP choice.

arnold ziffel on October 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Stressful times with events that we don’t have a lot of control over. The fate of the Republic hangs in the balance. Lots of us have been on edge. This week was a good week; I think most folks have the feeling we are in a good position, but this week provided confirmation. That has helped relieve some of the stress.

We aren’t out of the woods yet and can’t get complacent, but this was a welcome morale boost. Winning a battle doesn’t win the war, but winning a decisive battle provides a strong boost to the winning side that may help win the war.

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I’m not laughing at his arab spring. What was the draft cut off age during WWII? Worldwide conflaguration is probably a bad thang. Financial collapse just prior.

wolly4321 on October 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I do believe Obama is setting us up with his debate. I have a very hard time believing he did that poorly unless he wanted to. I could easily believe he could lose but just not that badly.

GW Bush also lost his first debate in the mid terms. But I think Obama lost on purpose. This way when Biden loses he can sell it as well everyone is off now and then. Then Obama will do much better in the last two debates. It is a way to defend his VP pick for the second term.

But who knows. Just seems fishy to me.

This is a hit and run post.

Steveangell on October 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Axe on October 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Um… not to sound, you know, greedy or anything… but as soft hearted as I am… is there any reason I can’t take Hatchet with me when I leave this planet? Just askin’.

And IS Ken still waiting… after all this time?

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Good evening, Arnold! I missed you. Good to see you this evening.:)

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I missed all of you guys. Let’s just say Aug/Sept 2012 no so good for little arnold. Things are better now.

arnold ziffel on October 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

thatsafactjack on October 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Sounds tragic. Well, except for that saber tooth tiger skin and short leather boots. Those sound … intriguing.

AZfederalist on October 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM