Obama: Romney’s debate performance was like watching “Dancing with the Stars”

posted at 7:56 pm on October 5, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Towards the end of the past several weeks — actually, it might even be for months now — I’ve noticed (with annoyance) a lot of media outlets slyly slipping in a bunch of prodding little implications about how “Mitt Romney had a rough week this week,” or, “At the end of another bad week for Mitt Romney…”, blah blah blah. I’ve never been exactly sure what it is they’re all supposedly referring to (“But what about your gaffes?!”), but for some strange reason, unless I’m just missing it, I don’t feel like I’m seeing as much of that today. I wonder why that would be?

Oh, yeah — undeniable and total domination is why, an outcome of which President Obama aptly reminded us today with some petulant-sounding jabs at Mitt Romney’s debate performance. Via RCP:

Now, my opponent, he’s doing a lot of, a little tap dance, at the debate the other night, trying to wiggle out of stuff he’s been saying for a year. Doing like a, it was like, “Dancing with the Stars.” Or, maybe it was, “Extreme Makeover: Debate Edition.” But, no matter what he says, my opponent, he’s a big believer of these top-down economics. He thinks that if we spend another $5 trillion on tax cuts that favor the wealthiest, we get rid of regulations on Wall Street, all of our problems are going to be solved. Jobs and prosperity will rain down from the sky. Deficits will magically disappear. We’ll live happily ever after.

The fact that Team Obama is still, both implicitly and explicitly, blaming the financial crisis on Wall Street and the Bush-era tax cuts… is inexcusable.

And anyway, at least “Dancing with the Stars” has a sense of urgency, excitement, and passion about it. I’d probably compare the precision and animation of the president’s debate showing to an episode of “Antiques Roadshow” in which a contestant found out his most treasured possession wasn’t worth a hill of beans.

It looks like Team Obama is hoping that Vice President Biden’s debate performance next week will do something to take the edge off of the president’s recently dismal one, says The Hill:

Democratic strategists are eyeing the forthcoming debate between Vice President Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) with a mix of hope and nervousness in the wake of President Obama’s widely panned performance in his leadoff encounter with Mitt Romney Wednesday night.

On the plus side, some Democrats feel that a strong performance from Biden next Thursday could turn the page on the president’s near-debacle in Denver.

But they also worry that Biden’s legendary capacity to state his views in an inartful fashion could backfire. …

“Joe Biden needs to go back to the effective organizing principle of the Obama campaign, which was at some level not adhered to last night,” said Chris Lehane, a strategist who worked in the Clinton White House and on Al Gore’s 2000 presidential campaign.

Sorry, guys, but… I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I can’t stand this arrogant SOB. Sure hope he and Lard Butt Mooch will be in Hawaii soon.

Dingbat63 on October 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I hate the term “spend tax cuts”. That drives me bonkers!

HEY OBAMA! It’s not YOUR money!

ButterflyDragon on October 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Why`s he so pi$$y? He`s got the unemployment rate “drop” he wanted.

ThePrez on October 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Tripped up?

faraway on October 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

If you are pinning your hopes on Uncle Joe then you are in serious trouble. The only thing he was ever successful at was making waitress sandwiches with the old drunk Teddy K.

chemman on October 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Man up, barry. Eye candy doesn’t whine. Just shut up and look pretty…and get in there and make me a sandwich.

Rational Thought on October 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM

What a pity party Obama’s throwing himself. I haven’t heard so many excuses since little Whatsit failed to finish his homework.

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 8:02 PM

“Legendary capacity to state his own views in an inartful fashion.” Nice euphemism for “he’s a retard.”

Cicero43 on October 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

They are depending on Biden – BIDEN? That is a sign of complete and utter desperation.

gophergirl on October 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Does this dude ever talked about what he’s going to do the next 4 years? All I’ve seen is that he thinks (in his own mind) that he’s some kind of cute comedian. Nothing he says makes me think he’s funny or cute. I guess that’s the only way he can get some kind of positive response at his campaigns from the brain dead.

quint906 on October 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Well Barak, your sure doing some two-steps since the debate, where we all saw the suit was empty, with our own lyin’ eyes.

I think all you have left is a nice sequin-y outfit and jazz hands.

mojowt on October 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

thanks! my sentiments exactly

kelley in virginia on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

He’s such a child.

CW on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

He really is a petty, whiney little panty-waist, isn’t he?

Rixon on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Obama watches too much television.

Blake on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Oh note he’s still spouting the 5 trillion tax cut line when it’s been proven to be a big fat lie.

gophergirl on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Obama’s best excuse yet was his Obama-wan Kenya-bi impression, “That was not the Mitt Romney you are looking for.” Use the Farce!

starboardhelm on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Hey Obama, why didn’t you think of these “brilliant” comebacks DURING the debate, punk? You sound like you got your widdo ego bruised a bit in that EPIC beatdown in front of 70 million viewers.

So now in front of your sychophantic morons, all you can come up with is “Dancing With the Stars?”

It’s like “Jerk store” … only more pathetic.

Such a LOSER.

November 6th can’t come soon enough!

Nicole Coulter on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Part of the strategy: first The View, the DWTS, and then the rest of the low information voters

Pisses me off that they are cancelling out MY vote. :-(

VastRightWingConspirator on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Ryan is going to eviscerate Biden.

Revenant on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I love this, and I hope Obama does it more often.

Not because I enjoy the ridicule of Mitt (it’s incredibly childish and pathetic, especially for the President of the United States) but because it’s only going to set Obama up for another abysmal failure during the next debate. This guy is so used to adoring crowds and fawning attention wherever he goes, he’s bound to stumble – again – in the next debate or go way overboard in attacking Mitt.

Aizen on October 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Yes. Hit us with the Biden Superweapon. Please.

trigon on October 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM

So… I understand late January is an excellent time to throw those last minute luau’s. Good to know that Michelle’s hostessing plans won’t be thrown off when they suddenly, and finally, leave Washington D.C. January 20, 2013.

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM

…after JugEars performance of the other night?…he bullsh!ts like this?…his teleprompter couldn’t answer to Romney in front of 70 million people? …what a virgina!

KOOLAID2 on October 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Ryan is going to eviscerate Biden.

Revenant on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Aaaand liberals will call it elder abuse

workingclass artist on October 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Has Barry shot the finga at Mitt yet?

workingclass artist on October 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Obama is in jeopardy of being voted off the reality show called “The Presidency.” So no wonder he has Dancing With the Stars on the brain.

Nicole Coulter on October 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM

30 days until Operation “Remove commie dog eater”.

msupertas on October 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Extreme Makeover and Dancing With The Stars are you kidding me! This is the office of the President of The United States!!! Oof!!!!!

Momma on October 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM

NewYorker eastwoods the debate….

workingclass artist on October 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

“Tap dance” DOG WHISTLE!

SouthernGent on October 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

VICTORY is in sight…..and the ever-increasing shrill of the Re-elect machine confirms it.

Keep screaming like a little girl Champ!!!

PappyD61 on October 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Say that crap to Mitt’s face, King Obama! I dare you!

Coward is thy name.

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Like the coward that runs from a fight, then yells “p*ssy when he’s far away enough, before taking off again.

msupertas on October 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Watching that LongLegged MackDaddy debate was like watching “America Dumbest Criminals”.

davidk on October 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Pisses me off that they are cancelling out MY vote. :-(

VastRightWingConspirator on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I feel your pain, but I’ll try and cheer you up.

If you live in a swing state which ends up making a difference, it doesn’t matter if morons in California vote for Fuhrer Obama and “cancel out” your vote. :)

Aizen on October 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

And Obama’s performance belonged on the Gong Show.

tbrickert on October 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Well, I’ll say this for the President. He sure knows his audience. He talks in soundbites designed to appeal to the mushy brains of adolescent moonbats, star struck celebrity worshipers,constipated union thugs and marginaliezed radicals.

He is Presidnet Lowest Common Denominator.

Freakin’ sad man.

DrW on October 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Ryan is going to eviscerate Biden.
Revenant on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I don’t think Biden will do that bad, at least he will do better than Obama did. Granted, Ryan is way smarter than him; I just don’t see Biden doing That bad. You can bank on it that abortion will be asked about and gay marriage.

mrscullen on October 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

What Obama is saying: “Now, my opponent, he’s doing a lot of, a little tap dance, at the debate the other night, trying to wiggle out of stuff he’s been saying for a year.”

What Obama is thinking: “Oh praise be to Allah! A Teleprompter!”

Left Coast Right Mind on October 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Dancing With The Stars? Y-e-e-e-a-h, r-i-i-i-i-i-g-h-t.

It was more like watching Ali beat the living daylights out of Floyd Patterson while yelling “What’s my name?!”

M240H on October 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Yep Eastwood was vindicated.

CW on October 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Yeah, whatever loser.
Even the Taiwanese Animators knew who won.
Watch it, it is well worth it.

the new aesthetic on October 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Dingbat63 on October 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM

My estimate is that he will head for Uruguay so he can’t be prosecuted !!

KenInIL on October 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Ryan is going to eviscerate Biden.
Revenant on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

mrscullen on October 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

The plus for Biden is that the expectations for that idiot are so low.

CW on October 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

This is so pathetic.

Hey, El Presidente! Ask Pawlenty what happens to pols, who are snidey outside and cant deliver when they actually face their opponent!

Wimp.

Valkyriepundit on October 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Barry is so pissed off that Romney pounded him in that debate, that he didn’t bow down and scrape his shoes, which means he’s going to act like an ass at the next debate…and lose again.

Rational Thought on October 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM

…….hey TMZ might paying you for a reality show called “Vacay with the Os”

Kinda like what he did as Preezie……but without the big jet and the calls from Ambassadors begging for their lives.

PappyD61 on October 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Uh no dummy….

It was an absolute debacle.. and you in the media cannot sugar coat it anymore..

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM

notice he’s got the TelePrompTer…..

Loooooooser!!

PappyD61 on October 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Say that crap to Mitt’s face, King Obama! I dare you!

Coward is thy name.

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

How true.

Oblahblah had his chance to debate Mitt like a man but instead he acted like a punk. A punk with no idea how to defend the utterly indensible; his own actions.

DrW on October 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Crack and MD 20/20 is a dangerous mix.

Pork-Chop on October 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM

mrscullen on October 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Per my sisters in Czech Republic, “the ladies will not be able to take their eyes off of Paul Ryan because he’s a babe” and per my mum, “he looks and sounds like the son that every mum would be proud of”.

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Something smells like . . . desperation.

Obama is speaking in the only context he is well-versed in anymore–pop culture.

The man who dissed Bibi so he could appear on The View as “eye candy” doesn’t know how to rebut properly using real data and actual information, so he reverts to that which he knows.

But if he wants to go down the road of TV analogies, we can do that, too. If Romney is “Dancing with the Stars,” Obama strangely resembles those colorful horizontal stripes that used to appear on the screen when nothing was being broadcast(ed).

pianomomma on October 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Wow total meltdown trying to show he’s not stupid when he is dumber then a box of rocks. It’s not going to save you Obambi your exposed. NH man ” business is awful since you got here”. Ohio man ” can’t even run a lemonade stand”

I have never seen a man disgrace the presidency as Obama, and people see it now.

Conservative4ev on October 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Ryan is going to eviscerate Biden.
Revenant on October 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM

But he has to do it in a way that doesn’t make him look Robin, The Boy Policy Wonk Wonder v. some old guy that voters might have a beer with.

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

“Dancing With the Stars?”

I thought I was watching “The Godfather” when Sonny Corleone batters Carlo Rizzi’s head in with a trash can lid.

Rixon on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Wait till the second debate Obama, boy he is going have more for you including how to read an economic report

Conservative4ev on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Only toothless biker chicks would have a beer with Slow Joe.

Rixon on October 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

What part of look you in the eye, while pushing you up the wall with a right hand grip on your throat.. and telling you.. YOU CAN’T LIE ANYMORE… did you miss Barry?

HE OWNED YOU….

and from the safety of your adoring fan club crowd.. and your ring of media lapdogs.. you back bite like a sniveling little b1tch?

oh classy Barry..

did that work for you when the bigger Hawaiian and Indonesian kids stuffed you in a toilet and took your pocket change?

Skinny dude needs another lesson in ownage..

he seems to somehow think he actually won from the canvas looking up.

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Leave us not forget how Unka Joe supposedly beat Palin while pulling “facts” from between his flutes.

Biden simply makes crap up on a regular basis and the MSM eats up that shinola like it’s caviar – while trying to convince all of us of it’s inherent goodness.

The plain truth of the matter is that Sarah disassembled him – just like Ryan will – on a smaller scale.

PJ Emeritus on October 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Only toothless biker chicks would have a beer with Slow Joe.
Rixon on October 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

But a wonk kid might not get any at all.

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM

LEHRER: All right. So to finish quickly, briefly, on the economy, what is your view about the level of federal regulation of the economy right now? Is there too much? And in your case, Mr. President, is there — should there be more?

Beginning with you. This is not a new two-minute segment to start. And we’ll go for a few minutes, and then we’re going to go to health care, OK?

ROMNEY: Regulation is essential. You can’t have a free market work if you don’t have regulation. As a businessperson, I had to have — I need to know the regulations. I needed them there. You couldn’t have people opening up banks in their — in their garage and making loans. I mean, you have to have regulations so that you can have an economy work. Every free economy has good regulation. At the same time, regulation can become excessive.

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Only toothless biker chicks would have a beer with Slow Joe.

Rixon on October 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

The funny part was the look on biker one.. biker two’s faces.. if the Secret Service wasn’t there..

They’d be pulling ol Joe out of a dumpster.. not necessarily in a conscious state..

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM

thanks! my sentiments exactly

kelley in virginia on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I think that the Obama’s should move to Florence, Colorado so that they won’t have to travel far to visit Barry once we figure out exactly what this man has been up to since he took office.

turfmann on October 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM

M240H on October 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Thinking more like Ali, in his Casius Clay days, vs. Liston

chemman on October 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Le oui.

L’enfant Obama.

Le sigh.

Viva Erika.

petefrt on October 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM

HE OWNED YOU….

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

The way he is still squealing I’m thinking gonads instead of throat.

chemman on October 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM

That sneer on his face in the screen cap is telling. He is not having a good time during this campaign. He can’t use the smoke and mirrors of hope and change. He has a record and it’s not a good one.

AZfederalist on October 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Excuses and blame is what the Failure-in-chief does. This is all they have and the BS and noise from the Chicago Thug Machine is going to headlong into gutter politics, like they always do! One ting is for certain though, the eSTAB-lishment Repubs better get into the fight or they’re going to get Steam Rolled like McCain 2008!
Final Update for those following:How to take on the Obama Enemy media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Obama: Romney’s debate performance was like watching “Dancing with the Stars”

And we all remember how unhinged the Left became every time Bristol Palin advanced a round.

malclave on October 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Dingbat63 on October 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I’m sure the WH staff (I mean the ones who are there all the time, not the politicos) are looking forward to seeing those two classless creatures pack their bags come January.

disa on October 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

chemman on October 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM

To be fair, I think it was Chris Dodd, not Slow Joe, that tag-teamed the waitresses with Teddy.

But your point is still very valid – it’s pure irony that The Smartest Man In The World has put himself in the position of hoping Slow Joe (“that’s just Joe being Joe”) will salvage things for him.

And frankly, I think Joe will get through it alright. He won’t say anything brilliant, but I think he’ll manage to stay on message – his major gaffes seem to come when he’s feeling right at home with the crowd, and I think at the debate he’ll be too formal to let one rip.

bofh on October 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

How revealing. Obama thinks not taking money from people is the same as spending money on those people. He thinks it’s the governments money before it’s taxed. This punk is a socialist.

Basilsbest on October 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Right.

This time there were witnesses. 70 million of them.

BacaDog on October 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I get the point.. Ryan can’t look like he’s stomping on a cripple..

But a Beer?

The only folks who think Ol Joe would be great to have a beer with, are folks who think addled crazy, hateful old racist uncle John is a hoot…. This is a guy who openly snarks on the darker skin color of convenience store clerks.. and thinks he’s being insightful.. rags on their accent… and finds himself clever..

You have to be such a partisan hack, you’d hold down your own daughter while Ted Kennedy groped her to find Joe the least bit endearing…

The really gross nasty part..

Is there ARE liberals that stuck on ideology, they’d find an excuse for Teddy.. or ANY liberal who wanted to rape their daughter.. they have before, they will now..

Joe is as repulsive as any old racist geezer I have ever met.

The public who finds Joe cool.. is the same Klan type of democrat who thought Senator (Grand Kleagel) Byrd was a great statesman.

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM

It took four years but Obama has finally been exposed…His debate performance shows once and for all that he’s got nothing under the hood. He is a DNC/MSM composite avatar. Take away his teleprompters and he’s a babbling idiot. It is ridiculous that this fraud made it to the Presidency. The damage done has been enormous and it will take years to correct.

Nozzle on October 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM

disa on October 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I’d bet money on it, and I’m glad they’ll be doing the packing..

Otherwise how much, how many priceless America White House artifacts will turn up missing?.. How much will they loot from the archives?.. Because I really believe they are so low rent, so trailer park minded.. they see national property, historical items, as theirs since.. like.. they lived there.. and we “OWE” them….

They better take inventory of the White House Archives.. seriously..

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM

bofh on October 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Would be willing to bet that the VP debate strategy will be the same as last time, just have Ol’ Joe lie and make up his own facts. Ryan won’t be able to refute every lie and get his message across during the limited time.

AZfederalist on October 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM

guywhogotembarrassedinfrontof60millionpeoplesayswhat?

carson53 on October 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM

gophergirl on October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Gee, didn’t his “spokesperson” Cutter just admit that was wrong (AKA, a lie)?

“OK, stipulated.”

iurockhead on October 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I get the point.. Ryan can’t look like he’s stomping on a cripple..
But a Beer?
mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I get your point, too. What I’m thinking, if you’re familiar with the old Andy Griffith show, is that you don’t want to a Howard Sprague v. Goober Pyle match-up.
If you’re having a party do you invite Howard, the very capable city clerk, in anticipation of hearing him read his notes from the water treatment commission’s meeting or Goober – who, though the town doofus, is at least amusing?

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Me thinks he doth protest too much
If I had a debate performance like his I would talk about anything else and hope it goes away.

Oh wait Crazy uncle Joe will fix this…you can’t make this stuff up. The emporer truly has no clothes.

Natebo on October 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM

bofh on October 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Heh, yup.

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM

So infuriatingly backward. The “spending” done in the tax code is all of the deductions and credits — things Obama just loves throwing around — not cuts to the tax rates. Romney is proposing to cut that spending and cut tax rates.

Count to 10 on October 5, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Why`s he so pi$$y? He`s got the unemployment rate “drop” he wanted.

ThePrez on October 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Romney made Obama look bad in public, and that is the one thing egomaniacs like Obama cannot tolerate. Obama’s team will try to talk him about of bitching about it because they know how it makes him look. But I think it will be a couple more days before Obama can drag his mind away from nursing his bruised self-image.

Socratease on October 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I can’t wait to see all the thugs, klepto-politicians, and fat corrupto-crats on his list of pardons before he blows town.

A real “man of the people” to the end, I’m sure.

Socratease on October 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Romney should say:

“Have you heard what the President said yesterday? According to him he’s been watching alot of reality TV. Shows like Dancing With The Stars and Extreme Makeover, and we know he loves his ESPN and The View. With the shape the country is in, you’d think he’d have alot less time for sitting around and watching TV. So I say if the President likes watching reality TV shows, let’s help him out and send him packing on November 6th. Then he can watch all the TV he wants and all of your lives will improve because when I’m President I will be working hard every day for you!”

OxyCon on October 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I don’t have five boys, and even I know that repeating “$5 trillion” until he’s blue in the face (oops, is that racist?) won’t make it true.

ClintACK on October 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Rixon on October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Dang it, don’t post spoilers!!!!!

:-)

Mary in LA on October 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I just figured out what Obama would be really good at. Obama would be great on “MTV: Yo Momma”. He’s really good at put downs and tearing people apart. Especially if he has his teleprompters with him.

OxyCon on October 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Democratic strategists are eyeing the forthcoming debate between Vice President Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) with a mix of hope and nervousness(prayer and terror) in the wake of President Obama’s widely panned performance in his leadoff encounter with Mitt Romney Wednesday night.

burt on October 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Clearly, the man has no embarrassment bone.

curved space on October 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM

The word heard most frequently in Obama’s inner circle since the debate? blergh.

stvdog on October 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM

mark81150 on October 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM

How would anyone tell?

Solaratov on October 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM

The Preezy gets schooled by someone who actually understands economics – and the next day, he’s out strutting around like he’s all that and more.

What an ass.

Hill60 on October 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Obama: Romney’s debate performance was like watching “Dancing with the Stars”

malclave on October 5, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Unfortunately, they are still unhinged.

Fallon on October 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Count to 10 on October 5, 2012 at 8:55 PM

And, worse yet, is the lack of basic common sense. Money is not “spent” on tax cuts.

whatcat on October 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Obama 2012 …debating from behind.

socalcon on October 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM