The War on Bacon

posted at 6:01 pm on October 4, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Welcome! Let us explain.

Kelly Maher of Revealing Politics and I are doing a little talk show for 30-45 minutes, here, at 6:15 p.m. every day. We named it The War on Bacon. We figure, since the government is after trans fats, big sodas, salt, and most other sinfully delicious things, it won’t be long before they zero in on our favorite— bacon. So, as fans of pork products— how could I not be?— we are here to fight for it, in the most crucial fight of our time— The War on Bacon. Join the ranks of the Baconators and fight with us!

We talk a lot of politics, a bit of culture, a splash of sports, and in the end, strive to be a show Ron Swanson would want to watch.

Today, the debate by the numbers, an assortment of debate excuses, Kelly comes to us live from Western CPAC in Colorado, where Romney made a surprise visit today, Joe Biden gaffes a creeps all over this great country, and we have the great Kate Obenshain, author of “Divider in Chief.”

Watch below at 6:15 p.m. or you can download the audio for the show, here or on iTunes, or sign up for the RSS feed!

Comments

MORTAL KOMBAT!!! err…wait MK stands for Mary Katherine…
my bad.

Seriously thought we’d see Mortal Kombat last night given how angry, peeved, annoyed, Obama looked every time Romney spoke.

Varchild on October 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Ah… not fashionably late… oh well.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Varchild on October 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM

The look on Obama’s face was nothing compared to the look on Michelle’s after the debate! Drudge had a dandy shot while Mitt picked up his notes.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Is anyone else not seeing the video box?

HAExpert on October 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

um…we’ve got no video box up on this site. Or is it just me?

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

No Video Box yet.

Varchild on October 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

HAExpert on October 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I, too, am boxless as of now.

TXUS on October 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Rats! Too late. Had to go to the store and missed it by that much.

Fallon on October 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Uh, wha happened? it cut out at the end with a few minutes left. Hot Air seems to do this a lot. Or maybe it’s Comcast. But anyway, next time I click onto WOB, I think I’ll do it without the video, UNLESS the ladies choose to tie their hair back. Watching them incessantly tuck strands away behind their ears began to make my left eye tic.

minnesoter on October 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM