Real talk: Sununu calls President Obama “lazy” and “detached”

posted at 6:41 pm on October 4, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Andrea Mitchell’s amazed reaction, after Sununu confirms that, why yes, he did indeed intend to call the president of the United States “lazy,” without skipping a beat… is kind of priceless.

JOHN SUNUNU: What people saw last night was a president that revealed his incompetence, how lazy and detached he is, and how he has absolutely no idea how serious the economic problems of the country are, and how he has failed to even begin to address them. And I think even the liberal press reacted with shock at this revelation, and I find it fascinating, now this morning, after they’ve slept, to watch them all scrambling around to clean up the mess the president left on the floor last night. On the other hand, Mitt Romney came in with a lot of specifics, a lot of very sharp knowledge of issues, not only with the Obama-version of bumper-sticker numbers, but the governor showed that he understand policies and he understand how to make policy into law talking about what he did in Massachusetts.

ANDREA MITCHELL: Governor, I want to give you a chance to maybe take it back. Did you really mean to call Barack Obama, the president of the United States, lazy?

JOHN SUNUNU: Yes. I think you saw him admit it… he said, you know, ‘they’re making me do this work.’ He didn’t want to prepare for this debate. He’s lazy and disengaged.

John Sununu: The man, the myth, the legend. It has been quite a treat to watch Obama’s various minions in both his campaign and the media try to find ways to provide some cover for Obama’s epic failure, which has included the notion that the president didn’t devote enough time to practice and preparation — but judging from Andrea Mitchell’s face, accusing the president of being lazy is just beyond the pale. Of course, the wagon-circling spin is only going to continue, as Rob Long points out at Ricochet:

That’s what the next few days will be: Obama’s too smart, he’s too cerebral, he’s too thoughtful, he’s too professorial.

Anything but the truth: he’s a rotten candidate and a lousy president and he’s got precisely zero to run on.

The words he didn’t say “spoke the loudest?”  He said plenty.  And America heard it.  And it can all be boiled down to this:  I’m out of gas.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Anyone know if “AttackWatch” is still operational? Everyone here is gonna get reported, and Sununu is on double secret probation.

St Gaudens on October 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Strike Hornet on October 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Let’s face it. We have Al Sharpton in an Armani suit that can change dialects as often as he changes his Underoos.

Pretty awesome, eh?

Key West Reader on October 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Lazy,…………..here comes the Racist Accusations!

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Only from the sensitive nancies at newsbusters.

Dante on October 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

The EmperO has no clothes that he’s built on his own, so it’s no surprise he might seem a bit detached at times. It takes focus to build something on your own.

I’m not so sure about ‘lazy’. You can only get in so many hours of golf a week and still have time to campaign and guest visit the View… That’s a busy schedule for the EmperO.

drfredc on October 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I hope @MichelleMalkin does a twitter feed on

Which pair of Underoos is Obama wearing today?

/let’s roll

Key West Reader on October 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Key West Reader on October 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

It’s good to dream. Orange Beach in Alabama made me want to move to the gulf.

This state is killing me.

Scoreboard44 on October 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

It could be said that Andrea was hit with the ugly stick.

Heck, you could say she fell from the top of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

But I’m thinking she was mowed down by a one-thousand-outboard-motor-powered ginormous ark built from a once-vast, clear-cut ugly forest.

M240H on October 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Andrea Mitchell’s amazed reaction

Andrea Mitchell has an amazed reaction when she simply finds her way to work each morning.

BacaDog on October 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

It’s good to dream. Orange Beach in Alabama made me want to move to the gulf.

This state is killing me.

Scoreboard44 on October 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Many years ago, I got a bit of advice that I still follow to this day:

Life is not a rehearsal. Live by those words. If you dare.

Key West Reader on October 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Would Andrea Mitchell have batted an eyelash if Barry BAMSTAHHHHHHH!!!!! YOU DA MANNNNNNNNNNN BAMMMMMMMY BABYYYY!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLLLLLL!!!!!! YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smic on Oct6

cableguy615 on October 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

He is lazy. He met with his national security team only 62% of the time. He never meets with his economic team. He only met with the General leading the war for 10 minutes in AF1 and only after questioned about this. He is an experiment gone horribly wrong. I am not surprised at all that he is described as lazy.

rjoco1 on October 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Obama is the curtain….it is the people behind it you have to worry about as they have real plans and know how do it.

tjexcite on October 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I’m out of gas.

Nonsense! He is full to bursting with gas. He is out of gaseoline.

burt on October 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I’m pretty sure ‘lazy’ isn’t racist. Now, the parallels I wanted to draw between last night’s debate and the Rodney King beating could be construed as racist, which is why I didn’t bother…

joejm65 on October 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Empty chair. Empty suit. Empty ideas.

GarandFan on October 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Feel sorry for Urkel.

He’s out of ………….. gas.

Key West Reader on October 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Too funny. It actually took Andrea a second or two there to gin up a horrified expression.

Murf76 on October 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

UH OH…………..

MSNBC will commence in screaming that the word “lazy” is code for “black man” in 5…4…3…2…

Opposite Day on October 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Andrea Mitchell sums it all up with this: “I think there certainly was a performance issue there and whether or not he was in his best form last night, a lot of people are questioning that.” lol

MomInLatteland on October 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

And it can all be boiled down to this: I’m out of gas.

Ha! Kind of like California, right now.

Dusty on October 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Andrea is a pig..pure and simple…

I

Hate

Sarah

Palin..

Couldn’t find a vid for that last, and probably the best example of what a sick, twisted bit&H Andrea is….

BigWyo on October 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Dante on October 4, 2012

SMD

You’re just a punk.Another loser who thinks being a crank at HA makes you a bad dude.

CW on October 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Sununu always had balls, get a clue.

SuperBunny on October 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Lazy is being nice.

It’s a “code word” for “incompetent”.

I wouldn’t have been nice.

Tim_CA on October 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Obama is lazy and not very bright. That explains alot of the whole “you didn’t build that” mentality. The lazy want to take from the productive and he is their king. For the good of the country Obama should just quit and get out of the way now.

Ellis on October 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

that the president didn’t devote enough time to practice and preparation

Isn’t Lazy Boy familiar enough with his own policies not to have to “practice and prepare”? Information, not talking points, should be at the tip of his fingers. He should be able to rattle off details of his achievements and why/how they are such.

onlineanalyst on October 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

He’s not out of gas – he’s full of gas. And unfortunately there is something big stuck in the normal exit channel for said gas.

exhelodrvr on October 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I actually had a lib tell me tonight that he thought Obama through the debate on purpose because he’s going to blow Mitt away on the foreign policy debate! The devotion of his followers is scary, they are not armed with facts, merely projection. I asked him if he knew anything about “Fast & Furious”, Libya, etc. Not only did he not know, he didn’t care! Nothing Obama does will sway his followers. He is truly their messiah. We have a friendly bet on the outcome of the election. I’m calling it a landslide for Mitt and he’s assuring me it will be a bloodbath for Obama. 36 more days and we’ll know for sure. I will win the bet and I will not gloat.

LeftCoastRight on October 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I will win the bet and I will not gloat.
LeftCoastRight on October 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM

C’mon. Yes you will and it’ll be sweet. :)

AH_C on October 5, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Andrea must be moving in on eighty, running out of skin to face lift, dim and arrogant as ever. But the old hag can’t give it up.
Andrea, it’s there in front of you, Obama is dumb, Dumb, DUMB !!

arand on October 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM

“Angrier” Mitchell says it all.

Cleombrotus on October 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

For the good of the country Obama should just quit and get out of the way be frog-marched in an orange jump suit.
Ellis on October 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Cleombrotus on October 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Translation: How dare you insult the almighty lightbringer, super genius, and savior of all mankind Barack Hussein 0bama? Them’s fightin’ words, Mr. Sununu!

UltimateBob on October 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM

What a genius Mitchell is. Of all the criticisms of Barack Obama’s sorry debate performance (and sorry job performance, while we’re at it), she picked up on “lazy”? That’s it? That’s her objection?

RebeccaH on October 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM