Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on October 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Buoyed by a powerful debate showing, Mitt Romney said Thursday he offers “prosperity that comes through freedom” to a country struggling to shed a weak economy. President Barack Obama accused the former Massachusetts governor of running from his own record in pursuit of political power…

Not even Democrats disputed that Romney was likely to benefit politically from the debate Wednesday night in which he aggressively challenged Obama’s stewardship of the economy and said his own plans would help pull the country out of a slow-growth rut…

“Victory is in sight,” Romney exulted in an emailed request for donations to supporters. It was a show of confidence by a man hoping for a quick reversal in pre-debate public opinion polls that showed him trailing in battleground states as well as nationally.

***

During the opening prep sessions, the group quickly came to a consensus: At the podium, Romney would be forceful, nearly as assertive as he was in Healey’s living room. His advisers have always admired Romney’s ability to peel apart arguments in private, and they encouraged him to do the same at the debate, with a little polish. The goal was to overwhelm the president with liveliness and information, to force him to confront the messy details of his economic and fiscal record. The strategy, sources say, clicked with Romney for two reasons: He did not want to spend hours tinkering with his mannerisms, and he wanted to focus on internalizing data. He’d take advice on his voice, his posture, and the rest, but he wanted his prep time to be a policy workshop…

The practice made a difference. One longtime Romney friend tells me that Romney markedly improved throughout September as he devoted himself to his briefing books and the mock debates. The friend says Romney didn’t think of the debate as a political dialogue but as a grueling, 90-minute competition that demanded discipline. He prepared in the same way he used to review pending business deals at Bain Capital: He challenged his closest advisers about the most minor points, he spent a lot of time reading, and he constantly bantered with his aides about the other side’s weaknesses and strengths.

***

“This is a campaign that believes he can win,” said Republican strategist Ron Bonjean. “Once Romney was on stage with the president, and he was able to score points against him, there was a Wizard of Oz effect that pulled back the curtain. There’s a renewed effort and spirit that wasn’t there a couple days ago.”…

“Romney really breathed new life into his campaign, that’s for sure — it’s too bad we didn’t see this Romney sooner because he could have been leading in the polls,” said Republican strategist Ford O’Connell. “This was the Massachusetts moderate that Democrats feared, and he showed that he was a principled but practical conservative willing to reach across party lines.”

***

Romney didn’t just demonstrate authoritative command of a myriad of domestic issues. He was nervy about it, taking the president on frontally, not just relentlessly attacking, but answering every charge leveled against him — with a three-point rebuttal.

And he pulled off a tactical coup by coming right out of the box to undo millions of dollars’ worth of negative ads that painted him, personally, as Gordon Gekko — rapacious vulture capitalist who doesn’t just lay off steelworkers but kills their wives — and, politically, as intent on raising taxes on the middle class while lowering them for the rich.

The Romney campaign had let these ads go largely unanswered. But a “kill Romney” strategy can only work until people get to see Romney themselves. On Wednesday night, they did.

***

The problem for Mr. Obama isn’t that he seemed indifferent or peevish on stage, though he did. The problem is that it underscored what has too often been his countenance in office.

He came to Denver with no larger theme he wanted urgently to get across, no story to tell, no apparent passion for the chance to make himself understood and make his opponent look silly. He was there to defend his policies, but he wasn’t going to get all needy about it, and no one was going to make him have an ounce of fun.

In contrast, Mitt Romney seemed eager to make his case, exhibiting some amount of apparent desperation, like the teenage suitor who has 10 minutes to convince his girlfriend’s father to bless the marriage. That desire to be understood counts for something.

***

America got its first, sustained look at the good and competent Mr. Romney. And it really was a first. He wasted his convention but showed up for his debate, and an estimated 58 million people were watching. Many of them were taking his measure for the first time. What did they see? He was confident, gracious, in command of the facts. He looked like a president, acted like one. He was easily the incumbent’s equal and maybe more than that, so he became for the first time a real alternative to the incumbent, a living one, not just a name on a ballot.

He has been painted as Richie Rich, a too-tightly-wound reject from the Republican Animatronic Presidential Candidate Factory. But again, that’s not who he was. He was a normal, smart adult, and he knew things both about America and about public policy. He’s supposed to be extreme, but he was not in the least extreme. He spent his time talking not just to Republicans or conservatives but to the American people, a huge and varied lot. He reminded many of them of something they’d perhaps forgotten along the way: We don’t like the Obama economy! We don’t like ObamaCare! We don’t like not having jobs! Nothing personal, but this didn’t work!

Forced by time constraints to be clear and concise in his statements, he was both. Here we must stop and note: The way Mr. Romney spoke in the debate was the real Romney. The faux-flowery “prairie fire of debt” one we hear on the stump is the not-real Romney. He flowers himself up on the stump because he thinks it makes him sound better. It doesn’t. The real Romney is the one who can communicate. He’s straight and direct and not fancy, forgivably jargony, but worried about America and sincere. That’s the Romney who showed up for the debate. Stay that guy!

***

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Whoop A Man’s Ass

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

ManlyRash on October 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I didn’t know you were back!

KCB on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I’ve said time and time again. Romney was good last night, I don’t dispute that but I laugh at those getting over confident. That was the first debate, the’re are two more. That’s like a sports team celebrating after being up by a few points after halftime. If you don’t think Obamas going to come back swinging then you don’t remember 2008.

Politricks on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Axe on October 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Yo. Did you see Michelle Obama? She had a scowl face. Looked like she could chew OAK bark and spit out pine wood pulp.

Nasty looking thang. Got me skeered.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Sure, on all you wrote, with the exception that I could never feel sorry for him, or anyone related to him. It’s a very dangerous circus.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Dave just told he saw Big Bird and Big Bird looked worried..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Foggy Mountain Breakdown

Cause sometimes, I just roll this way… ;p

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Yeah… I guess its that woman’s tender heart… but I did say almost!

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I’m heeeere!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Yippie. Lets Roll.

FYI, Michelle Scowl Obama is going to be Michelle Obama for Halloween.

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Dave just told me he saw Big Bird and Big Bird looked worried..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

fixed..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Welcome back Bmore. :)

Axe on October 4, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Thanks Axe. ; ) Sorry I’m afraid I won’t be much good for company tonight. Sleepy, getting………….

Bmore on October 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Politricks on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

No one should celebrate until the night of Nov. 6, and the dangerous time begins that night.

Schadenfreude on October 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

70 million people watched this:

Romney = Pistol Shrimp
Barky = Regular Shrimp

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Speaking of witch. I was saving this for you in case you missed it. I could only watch a little. Kinda makes me want to root for the octopi in the upcoming power struggle for biospherical dominance. Heretofore, I was all about the fungi.

darkstar:~#> Message delivered.

darkstar:~#> Clearing Cache.

darkstar:~#> Ready.

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Laura Ingraham‏@IngrahamAngle

I think we now know why Pres Obama never released his grades. He didn’t study then. He doesn’t study now.

BWAHAHAHAH…….

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Bmore on October 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Dave just told he saw Big Bird and Big Bird looked worried..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Prolly worried about the The Sesame Street Muppet Massacre when Mitt pulls the plug on PBS.

Tastes Like Chicken

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Politricks on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

The first debate is by far the most important debate because it gives the first impression about the candidates… The two other debates are far less important…

mnjg on October 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Classical Gas

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

“Matthews Goes On Mini-Tingle Rant: ‘Objectively’ Hails Obama’s ‘Scope,’ ‘Relevance’ And High I.Q”

Seven Percent Solution on October 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I do look up to him in so many ways. And when I’m with him, I do say to myself – and I do this really objectively, I think – I listen to him after he’s briefed on something and I think, ‘this guy ought to be president.’ He has the command of the issues. He has scope. He has relevance. He can talk to you as a regular person in common English, as well as the wonk talk. He’s got an I.Q. that must be in the hundred and whatever range – way up there. And yet last night he was tongue-tied. He let the other guy own the room.

Matthews is delusional.

btw Chrissy, there is a way to find out for sure about that I.Q. Why don’t you demand it as fervently as you demanded Romney’s tax release?

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
You like Blue Grass!

Here’s one for you:

always makes me smile this does :-D

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I’m glad you posted the Krauthammer clip, because I couldn’t agree more. All of those dishonest negative ads suddenly go poof!

John the Libertarian on October 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Not only that, but the level of outspending that Obysmal’s campaign indulged in is just another facet of his wastefulness of other people’s money.

onlineanalyst on October 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Hey Dire!!

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
You like Blue Grass!

Here’s one for you:

always makes me smile this does :-D

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Umm, no I’m not that big on Blue Grass, I just like damned good music… ;p

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Jeepers. That kinda made me hurl. Eating Live Octupi? Does Twerpster know about this practice?

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Oct. 11 Biden, Ryan debate

Oct. 16 Obama, Romney debate ( Townhall style, questions asked by ‘undecided voters’ selected by Gallup) topic- domestic policy and foreign policy.

Oct 22 Obama, Romney debate. Same format as the first debate. Top- foreign policy.

General election 2 weeks later.

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

How goes all in the land of Dire my friend? ; )

Bmore on October 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Hi all! Just jumping in for a second.

I’m so satisfied with Romney’s performance last night (and, FTR, I wasn’t surprised he was good — I’ve been watching live streams, etc. very closely) that I don’t even care about all the lame excuses the progs are trying to spin (pro-tip, progs: when your tissue of lies that Romney is a felonious, blood sucking, dimwitted robot blows up in your faces, the antidote is *not* more lies about Romney) or that fact that some ABRs still have to find fault this close to getting Obama out. I don’t care — I’m going to enjoy the fact that Obama has been exposed as the fraud that he is, just as I always knew he would be when he stood side by side with Romney.

As for Obama’s big talk today? Yeah, he sure is tough with a teleprompter & without Romney there looking him in the face. Pfft. I’ll say it again: the only people who support Obama are (1) corrupt; (2) stupid; (3) sociopaths; OR (4) any combination of the 3.

OK, good night all!

Dark Star on October 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM

hahahahahahahahaha

His chikens coming home to roost now!!

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Good evening, Axe! :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Hi Jackie. :) Nice to see you. Your font is looking great, as always.

Nasty looking thang. Got me skeered.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I’ve been fiercely ignoring it all. :) One of those active ignoring kind of deals. I heard about Michelle Obama’s paint-peeling glance though.

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Can’t wait to see Plugs unplugged. He’s a rambling man, a rambling man.

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Good evening, Flora! Excellent point! By the way, how’s West doing in Florida?

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Wow. Manly Rash came back?
What made that happen?

B Man on October 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hi Axe ALT Schade JP Fred everyone!

Scrumpy on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Almost missed it, Scrump. :) Hi, Scrump. :)

I’m heeeere!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

THWACK

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Ryan/Biden is gonna be like a pitbull
feeding on new born kittens ….

conservative tarheel on October 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Its a shame to waste Ryan’s time with him… but it should at least be entertaining. :)

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Miss Piggy. War on Bacon.

#War

Stole that #War from Flora

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Politricks on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

‘m not over confident just did a small dance..Most folks here know it is going to be battle..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Hey everyone ….

conservative tarheel on October 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

You have to look at it to appreciate it the pure evil on her face.

President Obama and First Lady appear stunned after first debate

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Actually I think Biden is going to do well due to the bar for him being so low..I think the bar might be a tad high for Ryan..imho..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM

President Obama and First Lady appear stunned after first debate

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Mitt didn’t let the w.o.o.kie win… Somebody gonna get their arms torn off…

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

morning all…On for a quick recap; been doing alot of OT last few days, and missed all the hubbub…

Going to try to catch video of debate; but from the sounds of it, sounds like Romney is busting heads like Blade at a Vampire Convention.

Hey Jack! Classic for you

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Bmore on October 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM

It is all good..Hope the same for you.:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Matthews is delusional.

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

In the 100 or whatever range? :)

w o w

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Ha! Hopefully billyuns & billyuns (trying to imagine Carl Sagan’s voice).

22044 on October 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Btw, Earth is closer now to Jupiter, and getting closer by Nov. It looks marvelous, even without a scope.

Schadenfreude on October 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Matthews is delusional.

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM

In the 100 or whatever range? :)

w o w

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Matthews IQ isn’t even in the room temp range… BWAHAHAHAH…..

SWalker on October 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Schadenfreude on October 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I just love that. If its clear this weekend scope up. ; )

Bmore on October 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM

B Man on October 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I was surprised too. It is the first time I have seen him post since he left.

KCB on October 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Politricks on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Overconfident & cocky? I hope not. Celebrating a victory? You betcha. Especially after the past several months with all of the declarations that the race is over.

AZfederalist on October 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

BlaxPac! Good evening! Its great to see you! I’ll listen right now!:)

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM

President Obama and First Lady appear stunned after first debate

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Lots of emotions struggling for that face. :) Hope someone else drove home.

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM

By the way, how’s West doing in Florida?

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hi Jackie.

A few weeks ago West was leading by 4 or 5%. A poll released Monday, by the Democratic group, House Majority PAC, has Murphy up by 9.

Doesn’t pass the smell test to me.

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Duke Ellington! Very elegant! A great version of it, too! Thanks!:)

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM

See if this don’t make your heart skip a beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_230606&feature=iv&src_vid=T2RjuADjQtk&v=yptWX0ZBbYo

davidk on October 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM

OK Pantload…

… What’s next?

Fact Check Destroys Obama’s Debate Deficit Claim

Seven Percent Solution on October 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I trust your instincts, Flora! Let’s hope West nails it!:)

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM

From the few clips I’ve seen, it looks like there IS more reason to vote for Romney.

Cripes, the guy looked unprepared as heck; And I don’t know whats more worrisome, our enemies seeing this or the Warp speed spinning that’s being done by the Obama supporters.

OTOH what’s worse are the sheep that are willing to believe it AND vote.

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM

President Obama and First Lady appear stunned after first debate

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

You want to see a real contrast? Compare this to this.

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Schadenfreude on October 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Cue it up..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Good assessment, and excellent point about our enemies seeing the sitting President looking that weak.

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Hey everyone ….

conservative tarheel on October 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Hi.

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I’m heeeere!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

spider

(\(\(\;;/)/)/)

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM

You have to look at it to appreciate it the pure evil on her face.

President Obama and First Lady appear stunned after first debate

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

The ugliest couple, by far, on the planet. And soul-wise in particular. I know that when they’re thrown out of the White House this November, they will unleash the worst ever seen before January, but four months of their crap will pale in comparison to the destruction they will do if given a single day or four years more than that.

Yes, that look on her face may well explain why my black buddies think he’s light in the loafers and has the “slims”, their vernacular for AIDs.

TXUS on October 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Its Been A Long Long Time – Harry James

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:28 AM

AZfederalist on October 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Good point!!..We can only imagine how the Dims (sp) would be acting if Romney had done as bad as Obie last night..:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM

These wonderful gaffes by the Louse in da House:

”The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.”
—Barack Obama, in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

”No, no. I have been practicing…I bowled a 129. It’s like — it was like Special Olympics, or something.”
—Barack Obama, making an off-hand joke during an appearance on ”The Tonight Show,” March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

”UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems.”
—Barack Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

”The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.”
—Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

”What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith…”
—Barack Obama, in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying ”your Christian faith,” which Obama quickly clarified …

”Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions.”
—Barack Obama, exasperated by reporters after a news conference

”It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There’s a lot of — I don’t know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing.” —Barack Obama, confusing German for ”Austrian,” a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

”I’ve now been in 57 states — I think one left to go.”
—Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

TXUS on October 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM

He throws like a girl. Jeebus, even girls got more arm than that.

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Mister Five By Five – Helen Forrest and Harry James

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Nice!

Every other week, I put on Audio Noir audio stream and listen to a lot of the old radio shows…

Butwhen you listen to the big bands, you feel like you NEED to be in a big ass Edsel just driving down the highway…lol

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM

You want to see a real contrast? Compare this to this.

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I predict they divorce if the King loses in November.

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM

davidk on October 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I like to see what the oncoming driver was trying to text when that happened.

pedestrian on October 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Hi Jackie and all
Connection sucks hope this works. I have a story to tell if the connection stays

jrsrigmvr on October 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM

He throws like a girl. Jeebus, even girls got more arm than that.

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I think his worst moment on what he DIDN’T do during his Inauguration: when he really didn’t comment on the absolute RUDENESS of his followers and even his Chief Staff.

No way this should be a surprise to anyone.

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM

YES! A land yacht! Plenty of real triple chrome, too, not that cheap plastic stuff! I completely agree! A lot of people don’t get the big band era, but I just love it. :)

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM

jrsrigmvr on October 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM

FRED! So good to see you tonight! I hope you’re connectivity hold up for you tonight! Great choice in tunes!lol! So true!:)

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Hey everyone ….

conservative tarheel on October 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Hi.

SparkPlug on October 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

We’re winning, you know. This theatre.

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Fred! Great pick! Yes we ARE the champions!! Rousing song!

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Deep Purple – Helen Forrest, Artie Shaw

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Thanks, SP.

Best line: This implosion causes a shockwave that stuns…

My advice, beware your Lib friends on Nov 6th…how stunning will the shockwave be from their heads imploding?

Oooohhh, deadly.

socalcon on October 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Very nice.:)

Dire Straits on October 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Audio Noir audio stream and listen to a lot of the old radio shows…

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Awesome! Thank you! I love Big Band music.

I’m listening to Johnny Dollar right now.

Or as the boy king would say, “Johnny Dollah”

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Wtf why did Romney mention the 47%

Conservative4ev on October 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Been fun folks! Time to hit the rack.

KCB on October 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM

sleep well KCB!

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

KCB on October 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Goodnight, Ken! Sleep well!:)

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

to continue my story. Drew up a poster

president of the USA
Barack Hussein Obama
EMPTY CHAIR

Set the poster on a chair on table closest to the door of the bar
interesting.

jrsrigmvr on October 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

hi scrumpy

jrsrigmvr on October 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Wtf why did Romney mention the 47%

Conservative4ev on October 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Romney just took away the issue from obama.

Now in the next debates Romney better take obama to the woodshed over Libya, bringing in the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and snubbing Netanyahu for Jay Z

LevinFan on October 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I like to see what the oncoming driver was trying to text when that happened.

pedestrian on October 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Nah, I think it was pure stupidity. Oncoming car thought he could make it, car that got hit — the driver was watching the car on the side of the road and didn’t see the oncoming idiot. Oncoming car may have also been watching the car on the side of the road.

One of the links on that video: This was funny Illegal and likely to get you prosecuted, but still funny. … and effective.

AZfederalist on October 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

My all time very favourite movie, got to have my Puffs at the ready. Hope you like the music:

Scrumpy on October 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

note to bho

jrsrigmvr on October 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Miss You – Rolling Stones

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

thatsafactjack on October 5, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Good one!

Flora Duh on October 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

If you like that, try this: Especially if you’re a fan of shows like Twilight Zone or Outer Limits

BlaxPac on October 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM

It’s different each time you refresh: http://media.y8.com/system/contents/13365/original/Falling_Obama.swf

davidk on October 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Wtf why did Romney mention the 47%

Conservative4ev on October 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM

LevinFan on October 5, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Ok

I thought the next debate was a townhall

Conservative4ev on October 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I predict they divorce if the King loses in November.

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM

That depends upon the need for spousal immunity.

Mooch seems as corrupt and as knowing where the bodies are buried as Barky and it’s what keeps the Clintoons together. Who knows whom Holder might want to blackmail once the gig is up? The Chicago Mob certainly won’t be wanting witnesses around to “complicate” things.

viking01 on October 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM

We’re winning, you know. This theatre.

Axe on October 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I just got moderated. I will try once more in just a moment. Waiting…………..

Bmore on October 5, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I predict they divorce if the King loses in November.

JPeterman on October 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Nah, they’ll live the lives of billionaires, each their own, pretending to be as happy as the first picture Flora provided.

Schadenfreude on October 5, 2012 at 12:51 AM