Boss Emeritus, Carville agree: The empty chair showed up last night

posted at 12:01 pm on October 4, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

As in so many contests, victory usually goes to the side that wants it more.  The consensus across the aisle from last night’s debate was that Mitt Romney came to play, and Barack Obama didn’t.  James Carville told CNN that as much as he wanted to avoid reaching that conclusion, Obama didn’t look like he wanted to be at the debate:

“I had one overwhelming impression,” he said. “I did everything I could not to reach it, but it looked like Romney wanted to be there and President Obama didn’t want to be there.”

He continued: “It seemed like Romney was happy to be there. Obama gave me the impression that the whole thing was kind a lot of trouble.”

The former Bill Clinton strategist then admitted he believes Romney “had a good night.”

“I think he wanted to be there,” concluded Carville. “I think he knew he needed this, and I think Obama gave the sense he wasn’t happy to be at this debate.”

The Boss Emeritus uses two analogies to make her point. On the blog, Michelle refers to the “empty podium,” a spin of the “empty chair” meme popularized by Clint Eastwood’s speech at the Republican convention, while on Fox and Friends this morning, she says that Obama tried to “phone in” the debate:

That speech by Eastwood may get a little more respect after last night’s performance by Obama.  In the clips I’ve watched, Obama offers the same tired arguments from the last three years, offers nothing at all new or any reason to think that his current policies will produce anything better in another four years, and ends up making the same pitch as he did in 2008 — as if he hasn’t been President at all.

On MSNBC this morning, Mike Barnacle chalks that up to a lack of the ubiquitous teleprompter giving Obama his talking points of the day:

It’s interesting to see Obama’s usual defenders belatedly come to the conclusion that there isn’t much there there, to paraphrase Gertrude Stein.  The bubble to which Barnacle refers might be the problem only if Obama thought those defenses would work; judging from his disengaged delivery and cliched responses, I’m not sure that’s the problem.  The reason Obama may not want to be there is because he has nothing new to say, no new defenses to make.

Addendum: I (briefly) considered using a screenshot of Carville for this post. You can thank me now.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Every day is a good day when Michelle Malkin is quoted.

ToddPA on October 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Getting too many “you owe me a new monitor” emails? :)

22044 on October 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I’ll thank you only if you stop using that Hillary shot that looks like the mom from the movie Brazil.

Doughboy on October 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM

The “empty chair” shows up every day . . . this was just the first time it was so obvious.

rplat on October 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Best quote I ever heard is that Carville looks like what happens when you microwave a muppet.

playblu on October 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Lord Obama, after playing golf in the rarefied air on Mount Olympus for 4 years, was not used to being on earth for 2 hours.

faraway on October 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

As I’ve posted elsewhere:

The performance level of Obama last evening was consistent with the prior effectiveness he’s demonstrated in his term.

socalcon on October 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM

You go Michelle… (Yea Michelle) Not only did Mitt Romney debate an empty chair, it was an empty chair with a whole bunch of Chickens roosting on it.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Bark knew he was in trouble, of course he didn’t want to be there.

Bishop on October 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM

At one point during the CNN post game show, someone else was speaking and the camera panned over to Carville, who was twitching like a turkey about to get its head chopped off before Thanksgiving. A very strange moment…

Old Fritz on October 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Chickens coming home to roost
… so to speak.

topdog on October 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Actually Obama did show up at the debate. He has never been anything more than a puppet, an empty chair/suit/podium. Without his handlers and prompter he is what he is…nothing. He was petted and groomed and fawned over so that others could control the message. Unfortunately for them, this only works when you pull the strings. I always thought of Obama as a Chatty Cathy doll, someone pulls the string and it says something programmed into it. Now I know he is.

Deanna on October 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Ed, thank you from the bottom f my heart for NOT putting snakehead up as a screen cap!

Skwor on October 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM

BTW, the angry old white guy who berated the empty chair at the Republican Convention? He’s doing fine. With an estimated production budget of $7 million, Trouble With the Curve already has paid for itself, for P&A, and for distribution. Still playing in every theater at which it opened. Go see it if you haven’t, or send the price of a ticket to Romney. Clint will understand.

de rigueur on October 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Of course The Commie didn’t want to be there. The only things that he knows about are community organizing and affirmative action.

None of which were on the debate table.

What was he supposed to intelligently talk about? Why would he have wanted to be there?

It’s only fitting that an empty suit would try to sit in an empty chair.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Michelle was great as always. Thanks Ed for the pic of her.

pedestrian on October 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Use this one next time:

Carville gives me the creeps.

Bishop on October 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I think Ed needs to declare Trolls an Endangered Species this morning…

hillsoftx on October 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Romney took the chair and smashed it like a WWE wrestler.

The Count on October 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Chickens coming home to roost
… so to speak.

topdog on October 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

And have you seen what chickens can do to an empty chair? *shudder*

de rigueur on October 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

This was hilarious!

Cool Hand Barry

New York Times
By CHARLES M. BLOW
October 4, 2012

“We all know that Obama is capable of stirring oratory, but in the first debate he failed to deliver. The guy with the weaker case made the stronger statement, falsehoods and all, and that is a dangerous thing to allow so close to Election Day.” – C. Blow, NYT

My Response:

Even in resounding defeat, you still insist upon disparaging the challenger. Has it ever occurred to you that Mittens really does have the better plan, and argument, the leadership qualities for restoring our future? And I’m not even a Willard fan.

EUREKA! I think I’ve got it:
Y’all have to keep covering BHO’s backside to keep the “Top Secret” spook and military intelligence leaks coming your way. Smoooooooth.
:rolleyes
~(Ä)~

Too funny.

Karl Magnus on October 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Thanks Ed :)

cmsinaz on October 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

…an empty chair with a whole bunch of Chickens roosting on it.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Chickens coming home to roost…

topdog on October 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Great minds, etc.

topdog on October 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

As I have always said, just to make myself clear, why do I have to keep talking to you people? I have said the same thing a million times, don’t you listen? Why must you make me repeat myself? I have better things to do with my very valuable time.

I suspect he would use the royal “we” if he didn’t like the words I and me so much.

Lily on October 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

playblu on October 4, 2012 at 12:06

AWWW- Carville is one of the politicos I genuinely like like Kirsten Powers. I may not agree with them, but I like them..

That being said physically Carville reminds me of Golem from the LOTR..

melle1228 on October 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yes, that was a brutal beat down. Obama got beat like a red headed stepchild in the ghetto. No Doubt. But don’t get cocky! As Arrogant as Obama is, you can count on him coming back with a vengeance and a mean streak! The next debate, Mitt better be ready for some,”Did you stop beating your wife” type BS from the RaceBaiter-in-chief! Get ready for some nastiness.
Final Update for those following:How to take on the Obama Enemy media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yahoo.com!!!

After the debate debacle for Obama, we’ll find out if we have a race

Even on the most basic political points, Jeff Greenfield says, Obama seemed clueless.

Meh, I knew he was clueless from the very start, and never changed my mind.

Media, suffocate from what you eat, Obama’s caca. It ain’t Beluga caviar, you fools. You ruined the land and should never be forgiven. You ruined the chances for very competend minorities for many generations.

To ask this little of the first half black president is the ultimate form of racism. You own him and should all go under with him, mocked into oblivion, so as to never repeat such a disaster.

Righties, don’t celebrate. He is now a cornered dangerous snake. He was just a slithering hoaxter until now.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Carville gives me the creeps.

Bishop on October 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Ya’ll can say what ever you want about James Carville, he is after all a Democrat through and through. He can be mean and nasty has all hell, but… James Carville may also be one of the very last of the honest Democrats. I do not like him, but I have learned to listen to what he says and have a begrudging respect for him. the man is very intelligent and has chosen his side, but he is still damned honest for a Democrat.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Next debate, expect the angry Obama to show up, The Gore Glare, the Bensen BS.
What democrats expected was Obama to show up and lie and the press to cover up. They did not expect the real empty suit to show up thinking about a cocktail with Beyonce.

pat on October 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM

competent

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I liked Carville’s comment – “Obama looked like he came to have a conversation. It takes two to have a conversation. Romney showed up with a chainsaw.”

worldtvlr on October 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Romney took the chair and smashed it like a WWE wrestler.

The Count on October 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

“Chair! Give him the Chair!” –Shrek, DuLoc fighting scene

Archivarix on October 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM

playblu on October 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

From the great Dennis Miller. “Carville looks like a Muppett that’s been washed on hot!”

JRCash on October 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I still shake my head when thinking about how this idiot became President…

PatriotRider on October 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

look for a completely different attitude from the next moderator. I’m not sure what 0′s looks toward Poor Jim were indicating, ‘help me’, ‘why you letting this happen’, ‘you were told how to handle this, what are you waiting for’ or ‘your the ref, why you letting him hit me’, regardless, the 0 cadre will put the pressure on Candy Crowley to somehow keep Mitt from countering 0′s lies with the truth. Good job by Mitt to get out of the box quick.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Sarah Palin nailed it on the head last night. Barackabama is an actor. If he doesn’t have someone else’s words in front of him, he’s exactly what we saw last night.

SouthernGent on October 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Honest or not, Carville gives me the creeps.

Bishop on October 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Obama didn’t look like he wanted to be at the debate:

Of course not. The entire time, from segment one, he had the attitude “I can’t believe this is not China. There I wouldn’t be subjected to this idiocy”.

In reality he was clueless, defensive, irritated, annoyed and above all lost. He looked little and dumb, conniving at times. His smirk and body language were all telling. This debate would make a fantastic PHd theme for a good psychology student.

The underdeveloped pretending narcissistic teenager was expoded to be the nakid tiny emperor, in front of the world and millions and millions…nakid, right there for all to see.

I thought of the media, I thought of the trolls, I knew they all knew it. I knew it in the first half min. It was over and all I wished for is for Romney to not make a huge gaffe. He had everything going for/to himself and he took/displayed command and leadership.

Reality is reality and the bs about perception aside, Obama was an empty vessel, just floating for time to expire.

I begged for and loved the line “..but you have been president for 4 years”.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM

An Empty Chair,near a empty TOTUS,
talk about the Sounds of Silence
type of tune,emanitating from the
Vast MSM Echo-Chamber of the stunned!!
(snark)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

“I killed Bin Laden” … is becoming the political equivalent of … “mine goes to ’11′”

J_Crater on October 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I think Ed needs to declare Trolls an Endangered Species this morning…

hillsoftx on October 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Our pet blue clay kid bravely gave it Ye Olde College Try this morning on another thread here, but performed as poorly as O’bamna did in Denver.

Del Dolemonte on October 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Like I said, often, these memes are just that:

-Obama is not smart

-Obama is not nice

-Obama is NOT a great orator/speaker

The closing arguments were worlds apart too. Romney’s could have been richer but Obama’s couldn’t have been poorer.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 4, 2012 at 12:25 PM

While I mostly agree with your assessment, do keep this in mind. Liberal can’t stand losers, they turn on their own in a heartbeat when they lose. Depending on what happens between now and the next debate, the Fifth Column Treasonous Media propagandists like Candy Crowley just may decide it’s better to sacrifice Obama to Mitt, than to have Obama tied around their collective necks when he sinks like a 800 pound anchor to the bottom of the Challenger Deep.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I’m seriously starting to subscribe to the idea that the guy is lazy.

I think he is already looking at a lifetime of secret service security, guaranteed income and six figure (prepared + teleprompter) speaking engagements to friendly crowds. Being President is just too hard.

Feel free to substitute “cares not one whit for this country, just what he can get out of it.”

WitchDoctor on October 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Lunchtime here on the right coast so thanks for that Ed. That said, I am now really looking forward to the Ryan/Clownface debate next week, if Ryan scores anywhere near the knockout evisceration that Romney did it`ll be game over (if it is`nt already), AND the next POTUS debate should be good seeing as how king minus will most likely try to overcome/overreach his utterly disastrous(and delicious) trouncing last night.

NY Conservative on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

During the Barnicle/Morning Joe clip all I could think about was that they all needed Medieval garb on and change the word “teleprompter” to the word “clothes”.

Can’t you just see the medieval press covering the “news” that the Emperor had no clothes?

Marine WX on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

J_Crater on October 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

He inserted the Bin Laden and AlQaida bullsh*t last night, from nowhere to nothing, just like that, while the topic was all domestic/economy. He is such a primadonna and a princess, an undisciplined empy “I deserve it all” fool.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

It wasn’t terribly surprising that Romney had the upper hand in that debate. First of all, it’s much easier to be the criticizer than the one in charge, pointing an accusing finger and painting a rosier picture/promise than the incumbent. I honestly don’t know (and none of you either) whether Obama’s overall actions are what prevented the economy from rebounding, or saved it from a collapse. But since things are still not as good as they were a few years ago, he takes the blame by default.

Secondly, Romney is much much stronger on the economy than Obama. Romney’s background is investments, economics, etc. Obama’s is law and academia. So of course Romney was quicker and offered more specifics.

I suspect the Veep debates will go the same way, which is good, because 2 “wins” in a row will set and solidify the tone.

But when the topics change from economics to foreign policy or some other issue where Obama is much stronger, it won’t be so easy.

AlexB on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

O/T: NETWORKS AP CANCEL EXIT POLLS IN 18 STATES….

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Honest or not, Carville gives me the creeps.

Bishop on October 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM

ROTFLMAO…Sorry, didn’t mean to imply or suggest that he shouldn’t, he gives me the creeps as well, that’s why I said I have learned to have a begrudging respect for him.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I DO thank you!!! Profusely! Now about that Hillary photo……

Sasha List on October 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Permission to quote and repost sir:

onomo on October 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Lady Michelle’s only match is Ann Coulter. As always, Boss Emeritus boils everything down to its basic elements so well that even a liberal could grasp the concept if he/she/it wanted to bother understanding.

I get a kick, too, that Bill Maher has some buyer’s remorse after that million he wasted on the boy-king. I sure hope it’s not a tax write-off for Maher. Let the b*stard suffer.

Mitt was in his element last night. If he made a living baking cookies, Obama was like a two-year-old constantly demanding to get some for free.

Hopefully Mitt will perform just as well, if not better, the next two debates.

I said it on another thread but I’ll say it again: I can get used to the term “President Romney”.

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

If he has made all his arguments and hasn’t anything new to add when the debates come around, maybe you could try not beginning your re-election campaign on 11/3/2010.

The Schaef on October 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I agree whole heartedly with you.
And I think this stems from the house he lives in. It is certainly NOT a Democrat vaccum. His wife Mary Matlin(sp?) is there for him to discuss issues and he, as a result, always has better thought out arguments.
Like you, I do not like him, but I do respect what he says. Also, I will admit to enjoying just listening to him go off.

Jabberwock on October 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Obama must have a script, a teleprompter and must never be challenged lest he collapse like a sand castle in a hurricane. He’s a hand manufactured tool of the left and can never be left to function using his own personal resources.

rplat on October 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Obama didn’t look like he wanted to be at the debate:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but when the camera’s showed both men together, King Obama looked like a child compared to Romney. He looked small and out of place.

The King reminded me of Alfred E. Neuman.

JPeterman on October 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Obama thinks all of the American people are yucky, just some (us) more than others.

Cindy Munford on October 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I find it just stunning how unabashed the left blames Lehrer for not having protected Obummer and not having attacked Willard. Media corruption indeed.

Valkyriepundit on October 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I don’t know Raquel, Lehrer helpfully set him up several times and kept a bookmarker on his talking points a few times to give him a lead. Romney just overwhelmed Obama with facts that he couldn’t refute.

The comments about subsidizing energy were just a punch to his gut that he had no answer for. He pounded Dodd-Frank effectively and we all know Obama has no idea what it even is.

And when Romney said he’d been in business for 25 years and had no idea what Obama was blaming him for doing Obama looked like his pants got pulled down on the playground.

Jim Lehrer would have had to tie Romney down and gag him to do any more for Obama.

DanMan on October 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

AlexB on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Are you kidding?

President puppy-muncher’s foreign policy performance is even worse than his economic – if that’s even possible.

Rebar on October 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

As for the addendum I’m thinking I’d take Carville over that scary winking picture of Mrs. Clinton any day of the week.

Cindy Munford on October 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

The chair was always empty.

The Golfer in Chief was exposed nakid last night.

There was nothing there there for 4 years and he has nothing but the same for the next.

The voters are not going to reward nothingness and grant 4 more of the same.

It’s funny the the leftists blame Lehrer and the lack of a prompter. What shame!!!

———–
Romney should have told him that the AARP is an arm of the Obama camp. It came up twice. The AARP is a huuuuuge beneficiary of Obama’care’ and they are thuggish charlatans. Tell all your elderly to get out of there.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Every speech that Hopey does,is scripted.
and stacked/planted/seeded by his Zombie
ObamaVoterBots,and so,Obama is in control
of his environment,

and in doing so,sounds Articulated in his AwesomeNess.and mesmerizing in his hand puppet shows,and side to side head
sweeps….and then pauses,right to left,with his little laughs
or smirks!!

However,in the Debate,it was a form,of Political Hunger Games,
in which Obama,who had full MSM,outside interference running
for him,

was neutralized/neutered last night,in the DEBATE,in which
Hopey had no control over!!

And AMERICA,finally got to see,the Fraud/Empty Chair,that is
FU BO The Clown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Obama kept staring down at his podium hoping it would turn into a teleprompter.

BDU-33 on October 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I have to wonder, though…If the RNC would pay him enough, would he come over to our side? Just imagine the conniptions on the Left of Carville did the job no other Republican is willing to do.

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Permission to quote and repost sir:

onomo on October 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Granted, and please, no need to ask. I stand by all the comments and may the world see them, often.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I agree whole heartedly with you.

Jabberwock on October 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Yes, and his wife, (Mary Matalin) whom I have no question or doubt that James loves as much as he loves his own life, perhaps even more, is every bit as intelligent as James is.

I have seen the two of them interviewed together and for the life of me cannot understand how they fell for each other, but there is no doubt those two are hard core in love.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Boss Emeritus

…some day…I hope Michelle will run for office!

KOOLAID2 on October 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I didn’t even make a connection to Eastwood’s remarks, but it’s true. I did notice that he gave his typical no-teleprompter performance. There were a few times that he just wasn’t all there (if you know what I mean), and I also was surprised how fast he and Michelle left the stage. Do they really think that he is the Messiah?

If they had been debating pop music, celebrities, sports teams or golf, Obama would have won.

lea on October 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Ed, thank you for not posting screenshot of Gollum.

olddog58 on October 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

onomo, one thing, please change “competend” to “competent”.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

The AARP bailed on 0bama today.

Yeah.

Rebar on October 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

O/T: NETWORKS AP CANCEL EXIT POLLS IN 18 STATES….

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Raquel Pinkbullett:It landed in AP/EDs tips box thingy,15 minutes
ago!:)

Great intell scoop,just the same—:)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM

J_Crater on October 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I busted out laughing when he started throwing all of that at the wall! It came out of nowhere and fell totally flat with a “splat” on the floor. Save that for the next one, LOSER!!!

Sasha List on October 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

The King reminded me of Alfred E. Neuman.

JPeterman on October 4, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Indeed, I said it last night and today, in different words and you are entirely right. Nothing new here. I never considered him more than an underdeveloped narcissistic pretending teenager. He hasn’t grown at all in 4 years.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I honestly do not think James Carville could be bought for any price. But, I also suspect that one day we will see him abandon the Democrats and make a hard right turn. Sooner or later he is going to have that life changing epiphany where he can no longer deny to himself that his beloved Democrat party has betrayed him.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Yeah Rebar!

Raquel Pinkbullet, meant to tell you that I’m so glad you comment. Thanks for all the contributions.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I would love to sit down with both of them for a beer.

JPeterman on October 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Boss Emeritus

…some day…I hope Michelle will run for office!

KOOLAID2 on October 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Amen and Amen…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Oops,the Audacious Audaciy sumpin sumpin…….

KitchenAid apologizes for anti-Obama tweet sent by employee from official account – @thehill

3 hours ago from thehill.com by editor

The tweet read, “Obamas gma even knew it was going 2 b bad! She died 3 days b4 he became president.”

Obama referenced his grandmother during Wednesday night’s presidential debate while discussing his plans for Medicare and Social Security. (More…)
===========================

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Dual screens are killers.

I love the psychology of last night.

libfreeordie tried to ‘justify’ last night…it didn’t last long.

Hope ‘n Change went to Dope ‘n Run

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

While I mostly agree with your assessment, do keep this in mind. Liberal can’t stand losers, they turn on their own in a heartbeat when they lose. ..

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

While the MSM may be heavily invested in Obama, they also can recognize a losing brand. At their core, the MSM is heavily marxist and was looking for Obama as the destroyer that would destroy the Constitution and Republic, ushering in the golden age of communist utopia because he and they would be able to make it work. They still have that ultimate goal and will continue, as best they can given their failing businesses, to propagandize and push for that ultimate goal. However, they also recognize that they will be around long after their current rock star is gone. So, they are going to ditch the loser as carefully as they can to prevent themselves from acquiring any additional loser taint. Expect them to fully circle the wagons into a full-time attack on the Romney administration and Republicans in Congress. But for now, they look to be cutting their losses.

AZfederalist on October 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

rplat on October 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

This. Hes a puppet. What I don’t get is why are the masters leaving him?

I would have thought all these pundits to be EXACTLY like the local Universities Student Democrat Leader, who stood in front of local cameras last nite to declare Obama won the debate. Cause he has great ideas, and inherited this mess and is just a plain, darn great orator.

I kid you not, thats exactly what he said.

That Carville and the others admit poor performance is astounding.
Carville KNOWS that campaigns are all about perceptions.

orbitalair on October 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I would love to sit down with both of them for a beer.

JPeterman on October 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Oh my God, so would I… I would be scary as hell, but so totally worth the risk…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Poor Jim Lehrer.

One developing line of spin in the left-wing blogosphere is to blame Lehrer for everything that went wrong for Teh Won last night.

Chris Matthews and Co. may initially wonder what was wrong with the Light-bringer last night, but that is a line of questioning they will not really follow up on, because the conclusions are too disturbing for progressive True Believers.

No, a scapegoat must be found. Jim Lehrer is about to be thrown to the wolves.

MidniteRambler on October 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

That sounds even better!

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Nah…he and Matlin make a wonderful living off the pull ‘n tug. They are committed to their beliefs. His party left him, years ago. Hers is on the brink…with some hope of being saved.

No breaks for the right side. The corrupt ones need to held to account and kept on a tight leash too. It’s just that Romney loves his land and means to help the people and Obama doesn’t. He exists just for himself.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words.

The hate that woman has on her face is the real face of Queen Mooch.

JPeterman on October 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

It’s because he’s a petulant, coddled, disengaged punk who isn’t knowledgeable and has no experience being challenged or stood up to.

But Ed’s too much of a gentleman to put it in these terms.

Right Mover on October 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I did everything I could not to reach it,

What media bias?!

KMC1 on October 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM

That ass whipping from Romney reminds me of when Ralphie beat the crap out of Scott Farkus in A Christmas Story, LOL

Tim_B on October 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

He’s the first to admit that she is the smarter one.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM

AZfederalist on October 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Excellent assessment. I agree, which is why I say that if Romney wins, we need to find a way to somehow punish the MSM. I would love making their pundits like Tingles (for starters) be persona non grata even in a dirty gas station restroom.

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM

AlexB on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Yeah, Obama’s short gig as a lecturer in off-beat constitutional issues qualifies him as an expert in law and an academic. And, of course, we’ve seen his foreign policy acumen on display for the last couple of years.

AcidReflux on October 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I would love to sit down with both of them for a beer.

JPeterman on October 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Oh my God, so would I… I would be scary as hell, but so totally worth the risk…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Count me in as well !
As long as dinner is in New Orleans.
I am not afraid to be the dummest person at the table.

Jabberwock on October 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM

AlexB on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

ROFL! Oh I’m sorry, were you being serious? Exactly what foreign policy is it that Obama can list as an accomplishment? And what other issues? Let see, domestic…foreign…domestic…foreign…

Deanna on October 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM

AlexB on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Alex,

Obama is stronger on foreign policy???
You’re kidding? That was a joke, right?

Yiwen on October 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

“Trouble with the Curve” is a good movie. JEF reminds me of the “hitter” they are scouting…. Empty chair…

TheGarbone on October 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

AlexB on October 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM

AlexB, it isn’t that Romney was so well prepared that was the deciding factor, it was that Obama was so ill-prepared. The question is, why?

Obama is in no better position to defend his foreign policy agenda than his economic one. He’ll scratch and claw, but I think Romney still has an extra gear to ratchet up.

Economic policy is too wonkish for some voters, dead bodies – not so much.

Mitsouko on October 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM