Romney wins; Update: CBS insta-poll shows decisive Romney victory; Update: Romney crushes Obama in CNN insta-poll

posted at 10:44 pm on October 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

I said in the open thread that the media would strain to spin this as an Obama victory, but I assumed that he’d give them something, however small, to work with. He gave them nothing. The Hill’s post-debate headline is “Romney lands punches against subdued Obama in first debate,” but that doesn’t remotely capture it. How bad was it for Team O? Dude:

More reaction from Twitter below. A rare moment of bipartisan consensus for America:

And the coup de grace of an unspinnably terrible night for the left:

Lisa Schiffren of NRO calls Romney’s performance “stellar” and Bill Kristol thinks it might be an inflection point. Next week’s polls should be awfully interesting. Back with more reaction links and some vid when I find a good clip.

Update: Endgame:

Update: A forlorn Bill Maher concedes Romney’s debate win while Kristol follows up by calling it the best performance by a Republican in more than 20 years. Mark Halperin calls it for Romney too, albeit not without a ridiculous bit of grade inflation for O.

Update: Via BuzzFeed, what’s the opposite of a leg tingle?

Update: You don’t need a poll to tell you who won this one, but this is gratifying:

Rachel Maddow claims there was no winner in this debate, which, when you adjust for the curve that MSNBC’s grading Obama on, confirms that this was an utter landslide for the GOP. Back to the drawing board for Team Hopenchange, says Chuck Todd.

Update: Andrew Sullivan, one of The One’s biggest fans, despairs:

Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama’s meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look…

The person with authority on that stage was Romney – offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It’s beyond depressing. But it’s true.

Update: I knew O did badly, but I didn’t realize he did this badly. No wonder the CNN numbers look like this:

I hear that Frank Luntz’s focus group on Fox was also overwhelmingly pro-Romney but I haven’t seen vid yet. Please e-mail the link if you spot it online.

Update: More hints of a potential gamechanger:

Update: According to Dave Weigel, Romney’s 67 percent in the CNN insta-poll is the highest number they’ve ever recorded after a debate.

Update: Politico’s postgame piece captures the mood: “Massacre! Massacre!”

Romney’s aides and surrogates sprinted into the spin room to offer effusive assessments of their candidate’s performance, and Fox News contributor Juan Williams was caroling “Massacre! Massacre!” to himself as he bounded out of the men’s restroom. Obama’s team didn’t meet the press for a full 10 minutes — and one top Democrat, asked to say the best thing about the president’s performance, said Obama has been “just working to maintain cool and be reassuring” in an email to POLITICO.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 11 12 13 14 15 16

This debate technically gave Obama his easiest chance to win.

It only gets harder for Barack, from here on in, as the subject matter becomes more visceral and far more embarrassing to him.

The Duffer In Chief is doomed.

profitsbeard on October 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Cold Cold Feeling – Albert Collins

Barry has a cold, cold, feeling…and he’s in bed with Michelle, too.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I might actually be able to squeeze out a tear for him. Nope.

Goodnight all! Taking my pre-hangover to bed.

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Oh … my … gosh.

hawkdriver on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

It’s full of stars

29Victor on October 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

You know it was funny just last night I was thinking about the debate and realized:

Here we have Mitt Romney, who not only was a governor but also CEO of frickin Bain & Company, which employs probably the smartest and talented people on earth. And he had to earn the respect of these people everyday. And now compare that to “debating” a guy whose claim to fame was being a community organizer.

Well, I guess the results turned out pretty much how I expected it to…

tkyang99 on October 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Goodnight, HornetSting! Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Let’s see how the Kos Kiddies like this.

VorDaj on October 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Got To Be Some Changes – Albert King

And Romney is bringing them about!

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

…After 2 days of whining at HA about how the results would be rigged.

rjl1999 on October 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Night StingEtte,

I`m off to,and Everyone have a great nite,
one for the road!!——————–:)
========================================

Joe Pounder ‏@PounderFile

VIDEO: MSNBC’s Ed Schultz: “I Was Stunned Tonight” By Obama Poor Performance http://youtu.be/ro5K13TlAXM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Goodnight, Canopfor! Sleep well, and thanks! :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

The left tomorrow will say that their hero, Obama, intentionally threw the debate. His plan is to devastate Romney with a dramatic comeback. Obama plays 12th dimensional chess, dontcha know.

TarheelBen on October 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

…After 2 days of whining at HA about how the results would be rigged.

rjl1999 on October 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Doesn’t mean they weren’t still played with. Haven’t seen samples but perhaps they’re still tilted and the actual results are even WORSE for Obama.

MikeknaJ on October 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

TarheelBen on October 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

lol! Right after Biden shows his amazing intellectual prowess and out thinks Paul Ryan! :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Hey girl, you think we need to send some tampons to 1600 Penn Ave?

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Hey there how are you? I dont think there is a big enough tampon for all the wee-weeing that will be going on tonight at the White House… better send Depends instead. :-)

canditaylor68 on October 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I left to go to the bathroom and missed two pages..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012

Saw Palmetto might help…

Gohawgs on October 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

You’re No Good – Betty Everett

Barry…what can we say? Its you… not us!

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM

I wonder if this will change the minds of some of those who at HA who’ve stated over and over that they refuse to vote for Romney….maybe they’re singing a different tune tonight.
cynccook on October 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

song remains the same. I don’t want Mittness or the GOP to think they have a mandate to be as moderate as they wanna be. They need to wake up the next morning and realize there was 10% or so unclaimed votes. Something like 47–43–10%, where mitt got 47 and 10% conservatives did a write-in.

Will confirm that he did good tonight. While helping the kids with homework, everytime Oboobi said something and I gave my smackdown, damned if Mittness didn’t parrot my thots. Seriously, who would have thot that he would throw up the investing in losers like solyndra to the tune of 50 to 1 in defense of “Exxon ‘s subsidies “? Must say he sounded severely conservative, but once in a while the old moderate would poem out, as in vigorously work across the aisle. It’s one thing to sound bi-partisan, but if he thinks it’s a pretext for negotiating away our strength, I’m gonna beat him upside the head like a set of Congo drums

AH_C on October 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM

How has Al Sharpton reacted ?
Dude must be crying his face off into a blueberry pie .

burrata on October 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM

burrata on October 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM

lol!

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Well, I guess the results turned out pretty much how I expected it to…

tkyang99 on October 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Great point! I missed them, but the after party is way more fun!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on October 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Daily KOS

Inside sources now say that Obama just called Bibi and begged him to attack Iran right now so that he can cancel the coming debates to play CIC..

The Ambassador of Kenya telling close friends that Obama has asked for asylum there as Obama is very concerned that the Chicago Boys are very disappointed in his debate performance.

David Axlerod telling friends that Barack Obama was just some guy from the neighborhood and he really doesn’t know him other than he said hi to him a couple of times.

Too funny. Thanks for link.

Listened to the panel on FNC. Devastating to Obama no one was defending him. Many changed their minds and decided to vote for Romney never seen anything like it.

Do not see how Obama survives. See no way for him to come back after this. My worst fears coming true. I pray I am wrong about who the real Mitt Romney is. I still worry this is a set up. Obama and Romney working together to advance their agenda.

I know call me crazy. I’m used to it.

But think about it. Raising taxes on the rich was completely off limits. But now Mitt is proposing it and all of a sudden it is acceptable. Eliminating the Charitable deduction for the rich. Basically all deductions for the rich. How does that promote GOD? Does he really believe what he said about GOD tonight? If so why remove this deduction? His record in Mass troubles me to no end.

I pray we are not jumping from the pot to the frying pan.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Gohawgs on October 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I pray we are not jumping from the pot to the frying pan.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

55 mph towards the abyss is better than 100…

Gohawgs on October 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I’m still in shock over how good Romney was. He had flashes in the primary debates but overall I thought he was stiff and sort of lame. But in this debate he was Reagan like. He argued like a conservative. And he recommitted to repeal of OCare hallelujah.

I’m also in shock over how drag a$$ obama was. He sucked. He couldn’t even pretend to be winning. I bet Joe Biden will have that big stupid smile until the last moments of his debate loss.

Obama could have at least pretended to be winning. You could be dumb as dirt and know O lost just from his facial expressions. He was so depressed. Maybe when he talked about his racist grandma it put him in the wrong mood. But he was way worst then the Carter clips I’ve seen. And Romney was Reagan like. And I never liked Romney before this debate. It was the lesser of 2 evils. I may have been wrong.

BoxHead1 on October 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Futures rallying upon Mitt win.

Investors seem to like tonight’s outcome.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I pray we are not jumping from the pot to the frying pan.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM

55 mph towards the abyss is better than 100…

Gohawgs on October 4, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Dead either way if you do not stop in time.

The time is too short for anything more than reverse.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

This was a good ‘ole shellacking. The President looked indifferent and mostly insecure in his answers. Down goes OBama. Down goes OBama. There hasn’t been a bigger defeat of a heavyweight since Frazier beat Ali.

bigjacket on October 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

The time is too short for anything more than reverse.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

When life hands you lemons, pucker up…

Gohawgs on October 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

The left wing spin tonight is that Romney bullied. If that focus groups well then the MSM will wallpaper that over the coming days.

pedestrian on October 4, 2012 at 2:29 AM

this comment will seem impertinent, but…

liberals don’t get it – poor little white fool much like our resident trolls I’m afraid
some ‘blacks’ (yes, I said it) vote for skin
other people (notably ‘blacks’) quietly acknowledge

That last line allows me the thought that I am not alone

All politics ‘is’ [sic] local

Work your magic, everybody

I love this country and all the makers in it. Oh, hell yes!

I am but one soul who cares among millions

Sadly, I resist formatting, and it shows.

mickytx on October 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM

BoxHead1 on October 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM

He was totally awesome tonight is true.

He was in his element arguing for liberal programs. He does that very well.

He did make it more clear that he wants to replace Obama Care with Romney Care. But from where I was listening from I think he was really stretching the facts. Romney Care does have an advisory board as well. It did raise taxes. It is far more similar to Obama Care than Romney was making out. Romney fully supported Romney Care tonight. Giving it to the States with no strings would be fine but have a hard time believing Romney would do that. As far as bi-partisan in Mass. Mass is totally Democrat. Even the Republicans there would be a Democrat in nearly any other State. Only way to get elected.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Did anyone notice Romney’s mention that restructuring would entail combining efforts and CUTTING FEDERAL WORKERS?

Whenever a “restructuring consultant” comes in, you know he is going to address the biggest cost, labor. Romney declared in the first debate he will cut the federal government. It’s the real point made in the debate, other than that Obama is a whiny little girly-man.

Adjoran on October 4, 2012 at 2:35 AM

MONDAY SEPr 17, 1787: IN CONVENTION

Doctr. FRANKLIN looking towards the Presidents Chair, at the back of which a rising sun happened to be painted, observed to a few members near him, that Painters had found it difficult to distinguish in their art a rising from a setting sun. I have said he, often and often in the course of the Session, and the vicisitudes of my hopes and fears as to its issue, looked at that behind the President without being able to tell whether it was rising or setting: But now at length I have the happiness to know that it is a rising and not a setting Sun
–James Madison, The Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787

Yes, it was also Ben Franklin who– when asked by a woman at the conclusion of the constitutional convention what kind of government the framers had given to the American people– presciently admonished: “A republic, madam, if you can keep it.”

But after tonight’s debate I’m going with the optimistic Dr. Franklin. Nothing has happened since the beginning of summer to convice me that Obama cannot be defeated. This election will be a rising not a setting sun for the nation. Lot of sunrise cues out there. A film favorite:

cue: 00:00 – 01:50: “MOUNTAIN TOP AND SUNRISE,” Journey to the Center of the Earth film score by Bernard Hermann.

Okay, if you look at the linked clip you’re going to see Pat Boone. So try closing your eyes, just listen, and visualize the sun rising as voters stream to the polls, and the soulless Obama regime comes to a crashing end, like the ending of “Renascence”":

The soul can split the sky in two,
And let the face of God shine through.
But East and West will pinch the heart
That can not keep them pushed apart;
And he whose soul is flat — the sky
Will cave in on him by and by.

Same as above for QOTD tunesters: “COMMUNION WITH THE SUN,” from the RA album by Utopia.

Now you know where Todd Rundgren got that.

de rigueur on October 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I didn’t watch,.. had this terrible fear I’d jinx Mitt by watching it live… and not taking a thing away from what everyone calls a masterful debate performance…

I believe now in the power of prayer more than ever… God isn’t through with us yet, I hope.

Just watching that idiot Matthews spew and spray his spottle on the screen about how Obama would have been unstoppable if only he watched him, and took his advice was classic liberal delusion.. and showed Matthews to be the egomaniac we took him for..

and Maher?

hows that million dollar hole in your wallet ache now?… DICK..

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 2:37 AM

The time is too short for anything more than reverse.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

When life hands you lemons, pucker up…

Gohawgs on October 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hey I am Conservative.

Mitt is Liberal Moderate.

I can not get over that in 2002 he denied he even was a Republican even though he ran on the ticket. That he endorsed the ultra liberal Rocky for mayor of Salt Lake City. That he told jews in Nursing Homes they would do fine eating Muslim blessed food instead of Jewish blessed food. Just too much for me. That he thinks Romney Care was a good idea still.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Obama has the pity vote locked up after tonight.

claudius on October 4, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:34 AM

No. He lightly defended MassCare. 90% of his argument was for letting the states craft their own solutions. And he said, to 100 million viewers, that he will repeal OCare. Not replace it. And O baited him with the preexisting conditions argument. Mitts position is locked. It’d be the end of repubs if he backtracked.

BoxHead1 on October 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM

and Maher?

hows that million dollar hole in your wallet ache now?… DICK..

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Man did I ever enjoy that. Hope Matthews had his depends on.

Channel after channel utter disbelief at the magnitude of the loss even though Jim gave Obama 11% more time.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM

BoxHead1 on October 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Really?

Read my lips no new taxes.

Three years later new taxes.

He did say it would have to be replaced though just said the States could do it. Did not say what rules the States would need to follow. He wanted the conservatives to read into what he was saying same with the liberals.

He has said over and over he would govern like he did in Mass. No thanks.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM

And the stupid vote…

claudius on October 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM

What I liked about tonight is that Mitt brought Obozocare back into the fray. Really hadn’t talked about it the last few weeks. He was able to defend his HC law in Taxachusettes.

Watching the pMSNBC meltdown now. Its hilarious!

Not really surprised by Mitt’s performance. He did this during the GOP debates! He always came back hard when attacked!

Rush is going to be great tomorrow!

I love how the little twirp on the pMSNBC panel, the one all the way to the right, is spinning that Mitt forgot the right of the party! Is that Ezra Klein?

anchorman on October 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Good night all.

Digest this tomorrow.

Doubt I will post again any time soon.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM

How has Al Sharpton reacted ?
Dude must be crying his face off into a blueberry pie .

burrata

I hear he’s busy coaching some poor black girl on how to convincingly claim that Mitt Romney raped her.

xblade on October 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Really?

Read my lips no new taxes.

Three years later new taxes.

He has said over and over he would govern like he did in Mass. No thanks.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:44 AM

He’s not going to throw it back to the states and then try and control 57 outcomes.

On BushI. No New Taxes lost him an election. “No new taxes” is
1/(some big#) the importance of Obamacare. Obamacare isn’t just a tax.

BoxHead1 on October 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Another thing, pMSNBC is tying Obozo’s performance with Bush’s in 04-the first debate with Kerry. Disagree with them, Bush was much better then Obozo tonight.

What happened in the 04 debate is that Bush was fine the first half of the debate. Kerry to his credit, punching away and finally Bush started to blow it. Bush was much better then Obozo.

anchorman on October 4, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Outstanding for Mitt.

Buck Ofama!

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM

BoxHead1 on October 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Thank God for that… Obamacare was NEVER popular,.. except to the diehard cement heads on the left.. I’m not the only one who depends on medical care to stay active,.. and my prayers to those who need it to stay alive.. Obamacre is a death sentence to many, a ticket to misery for most.

as to the debt,. a Mitt vicory buys us a litle.. very little time.

I truly believe, a strong president, who speaks to us directly,.. that we ALL need to make sacrifices to make the changes necessary to save our economy.. will get the country behind him… Americans are genuine survivors by nature.. they just need to know it’s a shared sacrifice, and not just by the top 10%.. but by all.

The left will try.. try hard to change te publics perceptions..

but we were reminded tonight, what a president is supposed to be.. a leader first.

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 2:55 AM

…After 2 days of whining at HA about how the results would be rigged.

rjl1999 on October 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Sure the results are still rigged. The only difference is that it doesn’t matter what crooked numbers are on the scorecards if the result in the ring is a KO.

Romney just needs to engineer two more knockouts, or else the media will spin Obama’s big debate comeback for the next two. As it is there will be all sorts of ridiculous spin from here on out. It’s a foregone conclusion that Lehrer is under the bus. Romney meanwhile was ‘arrogant’ and ‘a bully,’ probably too hotheaded and combative to be presidential. That sort of crap. Never underestimate the ability for this Marxist controlled media to lie and peddle propaganda rather than news.

Gingotts on October 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Good night all.

Digest this tomorrow.

Doubt I will post again any time soon.

Steveangell

Lying butt hurt boy is butt hurt that his guy got his butt kicked, lol.

Please don’t go, butt hurt boy, tell us some more fairy tales about how re-electing Obama is the conservative thing to do.

xblade on October 4, 2012 at 3:01 AM

One key part of the debate is when Mitt brought up the “panel of experts” that decides what care is given aka Death Panels. Obama got lost explaining what the role of his expert panel was. His explanation seemed to confirm Romney’s point. That part of the debate will scare a lot of people.

Also, the no noise/clap rule was great. Neither guy got to lean on the audience.

Lerah was good to. He let them debate.

BoxHead1 on October 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM

de rigueur on October 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Nice!!! All of it. :)

AH_C on October 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Where are all the trolls to tell us that their precious Obama is the real winner?

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM

For you liblets and Obama: “Got nuked?”

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I’m what you would call a “troll”…Obama got his butt kicked tonight. It was brutal. I guess we better get used to the idea of President Romney. Oh well…

StoneKrab on October 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Obowma is horrible off the TelePrompTer, he is President Ron Burgandy

Romney destroyed the Liar in Chief.

dthorny on October 4, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Axeldouche and Dopey Whatshername-Schultz called an emergency troll meeting to order all commie trolls to “GET BACK ON THE WAR ON WOMENZIZ…LADY PARTS, STAT!!!!!

Strike Hornet on October 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Couldn’t watch the debate last night. Woke up to this. Am I still asleep? Is it a dream?

YAHOO!

NavyMustang on October 4, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Strike Hornet on October 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Sure winner there! /snark

Liam on October 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM

The Fuster Cluck of a president will be sent packing in about 1 month. He did enough damage to our wonderful country.

Worse than carter.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Only liberal women vote with their twuts.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Obama’s toughest critics are the liberals: Nicholas Kristof

Romney is relaxed and empathetic, while Obama comes across as a constipated professor. C’mon, Mr. President! #Debates

scrubjay on October 4, 2012 at 3:24 AM

StoneKrab on October 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

At least you’re an honest troll. Seriously, President Obama sounded like he was just winging it … CRAZY, huh?

Nicole Coulter on October 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Looks like some Libs have had enough of Barry and they are throwing him under HIS bus to save their own hineys

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Chris Mathews and Sharpton and Juan Williams will need to be medicated even more to prevent that them from hurting themselves out of frustration.

What about Brooks, Frum, Noonan, Parker et al?

Idiots.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM

aw this comment on MM’s website and thought it was cute

For Chris Matthews – what’s the opposite of a leg tingle?

a leg tinkle

johnnybgood on October 4, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Sweet Moses that was beautiful.

Compare Obama’s performance to Clinton’s speech and you see how mediocre this clown is.

Chuck Schick on October 4, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Nicole Coulter on October 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I agree..I have seen folks in high school better prepared than Obie..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM

kos is being a touch too honest tonight..

It’s like this, score it like the Olympics, OK(0+ / 0-)

Romney won on form and style sounding confident and knowledgeable, looking fresh and dynamic = 10 on style. Obama looked tired and flustered and had a schitty suit and tie. 3 on style. Same story on debate technique with Romney the agressor and the Obama befuddled . O=5, R=10.

But on policy Obama was clearly the winner because his ouliciesa are rational and are laid out in detail, definitely a 10 on substance. Romney’s policies are mostly changed, ditching pst policies and adopting more centrist ones (for which Obama was unprepared), but they don’t hold water. (reagan[Mr. Reagan to you fudgenutz.. edit by me] did same, guns & tax cuts). So Romney a 2 on policy. Which would be great for us, except the vast majority of the public is dumb as (f*ck), can’t add two single digit numbers together without using their fingers and don’t understand jacl (sh*t) about policy. So it doesn’t matter that Obama won on substance. Romney wins the debate in the public’s eyes.

Romney: Wrong on GM. Wrong on bin Laden. Wrong on tax cuts. Wrong on austerity. Wrong on Medicare. Wrong on the 47%. Wrong for America.

by SGWM on Wed Oct 03, 2012 at 11:03:05 PM PDT

Funny how they hate their fellow Americans so much, yet proclaim themselves the party of the common man.. talk about elitist effete academic snobs… They reek of arrogance, and elitism.. they truly despise the common citizenry,.. we’re sheep to them.

and the sorry fact is, all too many people buy the public lie, and never see this is what the democrat activists think of them.

God knows… I wish every Obama voter could read kos every now and then, just to see what their party thinks of their ability to understand even basics..

of course these guys are the kind who actually believe every republican loves Jim Crowe, and that every lie told on us by any mouth breather dem is the stone cold truth..

so their screeching about sheeple seems directly inverse to the amount they themselves behave like sheep. Completely tribal, and paranoid xenophobic when the other is not a liberal.

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Watching MSNBC is really, really fun tonight. I’ve never seen them this defeated before. Chuck Todd looked like he was privately crying until being brought on air. Oh, and David Plouffe’s eyes were red and looked watery.

They know they really f–ked up tonight and I’m enjoying every second of it. Lookin’ forward to some Moaning Joe this morning — really looking forward to it. :-D

Punchenko on October 4, 2012 at 3:47 AM

I agree..I have seen folks in high school better prepared than Obie..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 3:39 AM

It’s been reported that Obama has complete contempt for Mitt on a personal level.. He embodies everything Obama hates about America.. the evil cold hearted bidness man who made it, then selfishly doesn’t want Obama to control his every dime.. he’s a success, in a system Obama hates and calls corrupt..

Think Obama’s ego.. and utter disdain for a guy he calls unqualified to be president.. Obama really doesn’t think Mitt is his equal and has no business being on the same stage as his rockstar self…

Think he let hubris keep him from being prepped properly?

did the infamous Obama hyper inflated ego get in the way?

I myself hold people like Obama in contempt, for his hugely over valued opinion of himself.. Nobody should strut like that.. the only perfect man to walk the Earth was crucified for it, and Obama isn’t fit to kiss those sandals.. yet he holds himself in such esteem, that the WH staff put him in every mention of every other president on their website?

He really puts himself in the Titan class of American giants, like Lincoln, Washington..

and the public.. cannot possibly find that attractive.

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Moprning Joe’s mood will tell us for certain which side he sees himself on.. Happy Joe.. he’s a disloyal dick, but still thinks he’s on the team..

a unhappy depressed Joe?

Then his passage to the sith is complete, and sitting next to the demon spawn Mika B was too infectious..

Joe has been the epitome of the self serving Judas.. He wanted to guide the party left,.. like Frum..

we ignored him, ignored his book..

so he trashes the party and base as too crazytown radical wingnut right.. while he sits around having coffee with Todd and the other 500 leftwing hacks.. laffing at the poor poor deluded fools who rejected his wonderfful self.

yeah.. I hate a supposed team member who’s a disloyal rat..

He doesn’t have to lie, or twist anything.. but he surely does to make the left look better and hurt Mitt as much as he can.. I’d expect his left wing friends are telling him..”hey, when we crush Mitt… you’ll be able to lead the GOP back to the middle.. (meaning far far left, like the radical nutjob dem party).. and he probably believes them.. I really think Joe is getting even because we rejected his and Frum’s attempt to steer us hard left.

We already have a far far left party.. we don’t need two.

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Is it just me, or do you libtard trolls get more and more stupid.

Wolftech on October 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Maybe Barry will get Bill Clinton to fill in for him at the next debate?

Punchenko on October 4, 2012 at 4:13 AM

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 3:54 AM

I think 0bama follows the mass murdering pedophile more than the carpenter from Galilee.

Wolftech on October 4, 2012 at 4:16 AM

1) Even Bill Kristol, the hack who always seems to be trying to stab Romney in the back stated tonight that this was the Greatest GOP debate performance in 20+ years.

2) That CNN flash poll with registered voters was a scientific poll that had 67% saying Romney winning and 25% to Obama…They tried to play it off on CNN that there was a little more Rs in the sample than a usual poll…BUT then the sample was released and it was D+4..THAT IS HUGE!

jaygatz33 on October 4, 2012 at 4:24 AM

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Now, more than ever, you prove yourself a worthless weasel who any conservative with any idea of winning should completely disregard. If an appeal for brain donations went out, you wouldn’t make the list because of your innate stupidity.

Adjoran on October 4, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Funny how they play off a 42-point shellacking due to “sample bias” but trump up a three-point Obama lead as “election is over.” It almost sounds like they’re carrying water for him. *eyeroll*

Nicole Coulter on October 4, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Read Andrew Sullivan live blogging. Quite the liberal.

I particularly liked

10.25 pm. The idea that the candidate of the current Republican party is portraying himself as the most willing to reach across the aisle is staggering. That he is more persuasive on this than the president is a staggering personal failure on Obama’s part. And now Obama is saying he is the candidate of “saying no”. Just staggering incompetence on his part.

It gulled me the way McCain went across the isle. Now Mitt Romney is promising to do the same thing.

Mitt Romney hates the Tea Party well guess what a lot of us hate him back. Sarah Palin plays a good game but she has to. Fact is a Mass Republican is a Democrat in any conservative state.

I do not find it credible that Obama lost this debate to this extent without doing it on purpose. Time will tell. I have a hard time imagining he had no idea that this what Mitt would do. It is exactly what he did in Mass.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 4:38 AM

Let’s see how the Kos Kiddies like this.

VorDaj on October 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Sorry VorDaj…looks like that page vanished down the memory hole.

ornery_independent on October 4, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Here’s a complete round-up of the coverage just released by Team Mitt. It’s BRUTAL for Obama:

Nicole Coulter on October 4, 2012 at 4:44 AM

a unhappy depressed Joe?

/SNIP

We already have a far far left party.. we don’t need two.

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Ditto! Screw U Joe, and I’m in Florida, your home state.

ornery_independent on October 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Sorry VorDaj…looks like that page vanished down the memory hole.

ornery_independent on October 4, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Unable to defend O Zero, they must have deleted me.

The Ambassador of Kenya telling close friends that Obama has asked for asylum there as Obama is very concerned that the Chicago Boys, as well as George Soros, are very disappointed in his debate performance.

David Axlerod now telling friends that Barack Obama was just some guy from the neighborhood and he really doesn’t know him other than he said hi to him a couple of times.

VorDaj on October 4, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Rush said it a while back, and with any luck… now is the time.

Basically, if the liberals believe that Obama is going to lose, then they have to blame him for the failure – and not liberalism.

They can say, “Liberalism is still all well and good – it’s just that Obama screwed up the delivery of it.”

I think we’re seeing some of that in their reaction to the first debate – the whole “What’s wrong with him tonight? Bring it!!!”

And if the liberals turn on him, including the liberals in the media, it’s over.

Fingers crossed.

JohnD13 on October 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM

Al Qaeda is setting fires in Europe.

They are killing trees Libs. Now do you hate Al Queda?

The muzzles are trying to burn out everything on purpose.

That’s terrorism.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 4:56 AM

JohnD13 on October 4, 2012 at 4:55 AM

You are right. They will blame Obama and not liberalism.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 4:58 AM

This is what happens when you lie behind a man’s back for months and then are forced to tell those lies to his face.

This is exactly what happens — down to Obama’s body language and facial expressions.

29Victor on October 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Night Owl on October 4, 2012 at 4:59 AM

a unhappy depressed Joe?

/SNIP

We already have a far far left party.. we don’t need two.

mark81150 on October 4, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Ditto! Screw U Joe, and I’m in Florida, your home state.

ornery_independent on October 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Even MSNBC Joe isn’t denying reality with last night’s asskicking!

Joe Scarborough ‏@JoeNBC
Chris Christie was right again. Tonight’s debate has changed the trajectory of this race.

6h Joe Scarborough ‏@JoeNBC
Tonight was a big win for Mitt Romney. He dominated the debate in every way. This wasn’t even close.

Joe Scarborough ‏@JoeNBC
CNN Flash Poll: Romney trounces Obama 67%-25%

5h Joe Scarborough ‏@JoeNBC
“They know they lost tonight.” –Chuck Todd on Team Obama on the president’s poor performance

5h Joe Scarborough ‏@JoeNBC
CBS Flash Poll: Romney wins big among uncommitted voters.

jaygatz33 on October 4, 2012 at 5:00 AM

They said Romney would win and he did. But are they going to spin the next debate as “the empire strikes back” no matter how badly Obama does?

clnurnberg on October 4, 2012 at 5:00 AM

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Did you see on the other thread where I thanked you for the owl and said I was stealing it?

Night Owl on October 4, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Kunta Kintard on suicide watch.

debating without prompter can be hazardous for empty suits.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Night Owl on October 4, 2012 at 5:02 AM

No but you surely are welcome to have that Owl.

Owls are really interesting and everyone can recognize them with just a bare stick outline and some big eyes.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Hey y’all. Just woke up. Had a headache last night and missed the debates.

Did hell just freeze over or sumptin?

BigAlSouth on October 4, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Barry was humittliated In front of the world.

Nice work Mitt.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 5:20 AM

StoneKrab on October 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM

On the bright side (for you), at least I don’t think Romney will do what Obama did and tell you all to get in the back of the bus and keep your mouth shut while he cleans up the mess Obama made, or just say “I won” when discussing important issues with congress.

Night Owl on October 4, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Hey y’all. Just woke up. Had a headache last night and missed the debates.

Did hell just freeze over or sumptin?

BigAlSouth on October 4, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Hi Al. :) It’s me, Ben. Mitt mopped the floor with Obama. It wasn’t even close. You should go to The Right Scoop and watch the whole thing.

TarheelBen on October 4, 2012 at 5:41 AM

the emperor had no clothes

rob verdi on October 4, 2012 at 5:45 AM