Romney wins; Update: CBS insta-poll shows decisive Romney victory; Update: Romney crushes Obama in CNN insta-poll

posted at 10:44 pm on October 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

I said in the open thread that the media would strain to spin this as an Obama victory, but I assumed that he’d give them something, however small, to work with. He gave them nothing. The Hill’s post-debate headline is “Romney lands punches against subdued Obama in first debate,” but that doesn’t remotely capture it. How bad was it for Team O? Dude:

More reaction from Twitter below. A rare moment of bipartisan consensus for America:

And the coup de grace of an unspinnably terrible night for the left:

Lisa Schiffren of NRO calls Romney’s performance “stellar” and Bill Kristol thinks it might be an inflection point. Next week’s polls should be awfully interesting. Back with more reaction links and some vid when I find a good clip.

Update: Endgame:

Update: A forlorn Bill Maher concedes Romney’s debate win while Kristol follows up by calling it the best performance by a Republican in more than 20 years. Mark Halperin calls it for Romney too, albeit not without a ridiculous bit of grade inflation for O.

Update: Via BuzzFeed, what’s the opposite of a leg tingle?

Update: You don’t need a poll to tell you who won this one, but this is gratifying:

Rachel Maddow claims there was no winner in this debate, which, when you adjust for the curve that MSNBC’s grading Obama on, confirms that this was an utter landslide for the GOP. Back to the drawing board for Team Hopenchange, says Chuck Todd.

Update: Andrew Sullivan, one of The One’s biggest fans, despairs:

Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama’s meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look…

The person with authority on that stage was Romney – offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It’s beyond depressing. But it’s true.

Update: I knew O did badly, but I didn’t realize he did this badly. No wonder the CNN numbers look like this:

I hear that Frank Luntz’s focus group on Fox was also overwhelmingly pro-Romney but I haven’t seen vid yet. Please e-mail the link if you spot it online.

Update: More hints of a potential gamechanger:

Update: According to Dave Weigel, Romney’s 67 percent in the CNN insta-poll is the highest number they’ve ever recorded after a debate.

Update: Politico’s postgame piece captures the mood: “Massacre! Massacre!”

Romney’s aides and surrogates sprinted into the spin room to offer effusive assessments of their candidate’s performance, and Fox News contributor Juan Williams was caroling “Massacre! Massacre!” to himself as he bounded out of the men’s restroom. Obama’s team didn’t meet the press for a full 10 minutes — and one top Democrat, asked to say the best thing about the president’s performance, said Obama has been “just working to maintain cool and be reassuring” in an email to POLITICO.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 10 11 12 13 14 16

I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal these words appear:
“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

rockmom on October 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Just to be clear, the all-foreign policy debate isn’t until the last debate. Next up is the VP debate on Oct. 11 (foreign & domestic topics), then the town meeting presidential debate on Oct. 16 (all topics, questions selected by purportedly undecided voters), and finally the foreign policy debate on Oct. 22.

I can imagine Obama winning the town meeting debate (although that’s not guaranteed). But the Democrats can’t be that enthusiastic going into the VP debate or the foreign policy debate.

J.S.K. on October 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

How can Obama be complaining about tax breaks for oil and moving overseas? Does he know that he’s been president for four years?

29Victor on October 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Some of the Kos Kiddies are blaming the boy king’s performance on that altitude in Denver. LAMO!

Flora Duh on October 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Aaaaah Denver , where the Greek God was annointed among styrofoam columns and royal extravagance just 4 yrs ago….he seemed pretty OK then .
What happened today ?

burrata on October 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Must read….makes Carter shine.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter

After Romney’s performance tonight, Akin could win.

She may be right, you know.

A performance like this is certain to move the needle downballot. Expect Ohio, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Missouri to jump back on the radar.

KingGold on October 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Well, there is always Benghazi, I hear they are always up for a “Spontaneous” party…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

yeah….but those party favors they travel with will blow the roof off the joint.

Tim_CA on October 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Heh heh heh, for Obama supporters, I can think of nothing befitting them better…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

AmeriCuda on October 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Yep, it’s almost like their vacuousness is finally starting to dawn on them. Fly-over country don’t buy their bullshit anymore.

Ta-ta

OkieDoc on October 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Crash for clunkers.

John the Libertarian on October 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Well, then you’ve the best of both worlds!

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

thatsafactjack:So true,a positive experience,accept,I think one of
my boss’s,was a Democrat,he was never in a good mood!
—————-:)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

rockmom on October 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Very cool and very apt. :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

More than three weeks after attacks in this city killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans, sensitive documents remained only loosely secured in the wreckage of the U.S. mission on Wednesday, offering visitors easy access to delicate information about American operations in Libya.

Documents detailing weapons collection efforts, emergency evacuation protocols, the full internal itinerary of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens’s trip and the personnel records of Libyans who were contracted to secure the mission were among the items scattered across the floors of the looted compound when a Washington Post reporter and an interpreter visited Wednesday.

I have a question. If a WaPo reporter can get in, then why hasn’t State sent someone to get these docs? At this point you’d think they’d at least try to look like they were trying to be competent.

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Crash for clunkers.

John the Libertarian on October 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Obama is one hell of a clunker, and we’ve already given him way to much cash…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Yes. I hear Democrats sex lives are actually pretty dismal… might account for his mood!:)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

So we get to see the OBL kill photos tomorrow, right?

PolAgnostic on October 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Probably won’t be enough. A mini sub has just been dispatched to retrieve the corpse from the deep.

climbnjump on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Because the bus needs to get one hell of a running start to run Hillary over…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

This is odd……crickets…………………..

David Axelrod ‏@davidaxelrod

Headed to DU in motorcade. After all the anticipation, looking forward to a great debate!

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

CNN Registered voters poll tonight: who won the debate?
ROMNEY 67% vs. 25% OBAMA.

Excellent.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I believe Romney won, but I am probably one of the few around here who had a bad taste in their mouth after his performance. He sounded too much like a big government solution maker. And what the Fluke is wrong with a guy making loans out of his garage. Fluke off with the “regulation is good, just not too much regulation”. No Mr. Romneycare, regulation is not good. Perhaps a rational argument can be made as to why we must suffer the indignities of a regulation, but it is still bad. Nothing that infringes our liberties is good, only sometimes necessary.

NotCoach on October 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Even more ……Crickets…………………….

Andrea Mitchell ‏@mitchellreports

Our debate fact check: http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/03/14207584-truth-squad-the-debate?lite … @NBCPolitics

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

That’s Democrat disinformation for you! I heard that they welded a cow catcher to that bus just for Hillary!

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

It was fast..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

…what’s the opposite of a leg tingle?

Answer: A leg tinkle.

ITguy on October 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I don’t know if the bus can get that kind of momentum. I think Hillary’s political future has been wrecked by this, but I don’t think Bill will let Obama try to get Hillary to take the fall. I may be wrong, but I think he still wields that kind of influence.

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

And…………denial………………….

D Wasserman Schultz ‏@DWStweets

My takeaway: Mitt Romney offered no specifics other than doubling down on the failed policies of the past. http://j.mp/UGvwxw

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

29Victor on October 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I wonder myself. He’s actually biotching about his-sef.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

The incompetents in the State dept have no clue. Those who remain who aren’t also incompetent have stopped covering for the others.

climbnjump on October 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

No Mr. Romneycare, regulation is not good.

NotCoach on October 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Fairchild had to stop dumping toxics into the water supply. It was producing retarded children.

Romney is striking the right tone. Claim regulations have their place, but over regulation is killing us.

John the Libertarian on October 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I met a traveler from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal these words appear:
“My name is Ozymandias Obamandius, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

rockmom on October 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Even better! :)

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bwaaah. Cow catcher Ouch. Bwaaah.

SparkPlug on October 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Headed to Denver tomorrow for parents weekend. Can’t wait to see how this was perceived in Colorado.

txmomof6 on October 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Thanks..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Gonna take a hell of a lot more than a mere cow catcher to keep Hillary from going under that bus. She is so done over Benghazi she’ll be lucky if she isn’t prosecuted for criminal negligence or malfesence or something. Obama is going to make damned sure that she takes the fall for it and he doesn’t.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I Won’t Tell You No Lies – Buchanan

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Any guesses as to what Romney said to Obama before the debate? My guess:
Romney: Look out, chump, here comes the freight train!

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Up Next………………..

GaffeBiden goes toe to toe,with Paul Ryan,
and you just know,that Biden,will show Obama,
how to get the job done..hahahaha,*catchs breath*..
….hahahahah!
(sarc)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

THIS is the one I have been waiting for, but tonight proved to be the jewel in the crown. Foreign policy is going to have a target rich environment with Benghazi and obama can only say ‘I killed Osama’ a couple of times before it becomes redundant. The mid east is on fire. I say, let it burn and let them kill each other, but make sure to pull our guys out first. Then, just go in with the drones and finish the job.
Kind of like how it is going to look when Paul Ryan gets through with Biden.

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Any guesses as to what Romney said to Obama before the debate? My guess:
Romney: Look out, chump, here comes the freight train!

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

AY…MACHARENA?

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

climbnjump on October 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

That’s reasonable.

It’s stunning to me that those papers are still lying scattered on the floor—it seems State has given up trying to repair the damage. I’m reminded of a book/movie in which the bad guys in the WH are finally reaping what they’ve sowed, and they go into panic and paralysis mode.

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Hillary and Obama will walk from Benghazi, at least publicly. They’ve already fired up the ‘internal investigation’. Translation: we’re selecting the minor functionary to take the fall for this even as the Congressional investigation is in its infancy.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I honestly do not think that their is anything Bill can do to save her. Bill and Hill are vicious brutal political animals, but Chicago politics is something even they are not equipped to deal with. Obama has already taken Hillary out once.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Damn, Romney was good.

I think the guy most nervous after the debate was Biden. He just realized that Ryan is ready to take him apart next week.

Tomorrow’s spin – These debates don’t matter, why do we bother with them?

goflyers on October 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

If I did NOT respond to anyone’s post in the debate thread..I’m sorry!..:)

PS..It was going way too fast!! ..:)

PSS..Had to get that out of the way..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Team Left weighs in……………….

Mark Halperin ‏@MarkHalperin

More of my debate analysis from the midnight ET edition of @hardball. http://ti.me/PRTQf5

Mark Halperin ‏@MarkHalperin

My full debate report cards are here. Style, substance, best/worst moments, the main thing. http://ti.me/SHECss . Romney A-, Obama B-

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Perfectly understandable, Dire! I’m sure we all missed a few! :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

After reading and hearing all the hype, I’m watching the debate now and in the first segment it seems like Obutthead wouldn’t STFU. He was monopolizing the time. Romney had to jump in otherwise he wouldn’t have gotten anything close to equal time while Oblabbermouth babbled on about nothing and threw the schedule off in the first segment. And barely into the second segment, he blamed Bush twice without mentioning his name.

stukinIL4now on October 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Mark Halperin seriously needs to put the crack pipe down and check himself into rehab.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

This is what happens when you lie behind a man’s back for months and then are forced to tell those lies to his face.

This is exactly what happens — down to Obama’s body language and facial expressions.

29Victor on October 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Any guesses as to what Romney said to Obama before the debate? My guess:
Romney: Look out, chump, here comes the freight train!

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Who’s your daddy ?

burrata on October 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

And you know the Ryan – Biden debate? Compared to that, this one was a nail-biter. Wear a raincoat.
PolAgnostic on October 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Nope… a poncho.

Ryan: Gallagher. Biden: watermelon.

CPT. Charles on October 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Any guesses as to what Romney said to Obama before the debate? My guess:
Romney: Look out, chump, here comes the freight train!

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Who’s your daddy ?

burrata on October 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Romney to Obama: What’s your name…

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Another point where Romney stomped Zero on energy was where he said in so many words that “unlike my opponent I’m a fan of clean coal.”

I could hear that line resonate all the way from the debate site to Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia and several of the Rocky Mountain States as well.

viking01 on October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Kind of like how it is going to look when Paul Ryan gets through with Biden.

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

HornetSting:

Oh Sting,I do love your analysis,on all points,
and the VP Debate,will be, the Coupe De Gras thingy!:)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I went to the last game (#162) of the home team tonight. Win or lose, their season would end tonight. And they lost. I’ll, of course, keep rooting for them but, it hurt a little.

Although, coming home to a consensus opinion of a Romney debate home run makes it a LOT better.

Go Brewers!

GO ROMNEY/RYAN!

M240H on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Yes…did anyone else notice something that was distinctly missing from Obama’s performance this evening?

What ever became of the soaring rhetoric and of the greatest orator since Cicero?

Just, exactly when were those seas supposed to recede and the Earth begin to heal itself, again?

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

He came down to earth and was himself, an underdeveloped narcissistic teenager.

Reality is reality.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Kind of like how it is going to look when Paul Ryan gets through with Biden.

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Some time ago, I remember someone on this site (sorry I can’t remember who, specifically) suggesting that Paul Ryan should go shirtless at the VP debate. This would be brilliant for two reasons:
1: The ladies would swoon over Paul Ryan.
2: Biden would follow his example, doff his shirt, and proclaim “Hey, they’re swooning over me, too!” utterly oblivious to the fact that swooning and vomiting are not the same thing.

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Hillary’s culpable. I’m thinking about what you said, and I honestly don’t know. It may come down to which one the media decides to go after.

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Drownin’ on Dry Land – Buchanan

Because… Obama did!

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Excellent point. He’s going to have to fake bleed out his eyes or something.

Tomorrow’s spin – These debates don’t matter, why do we bother with them?

Excellent point #2.

goflyers on October 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM

29Victor on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Any guesses as to what Romney said to Obama before the debate?

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

“By the end of this you’ll be weaving worse than Uncle Omar.”

viking01 on October 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Always. Even if it appears in the form of a 50 year old, gray haired, teenager.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:34 AM

They are sooo in protect Obama mode I don’t think Hillary stands a chance.

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

HornetSting:

Oh Sting,I do love your analysis,on all points,
and the VP Debate,will be, the Coupe De Gras thingy!:)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

My Canadian friend, your links give us the info that might be otherwise overlooked, so I shine in your light. But, it might not be smart to give you kudos with Ugly possibly lurking around to give me a good scolding. I have missed it here, and yes, I agree. Ryan is going to destroy Biden.

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Any guesses as to what Romney said to Obama before the debate?

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM
“By the end of this you’ll be weaving worse than Uncle Omar.”

viking01 on October 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! :D

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Romney actually asked ‘What’s your daddy’s maiden name, Barry?”

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Tonight Romney debated an empty chair.

canditaylor68 on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Well, I, for one would like to thank Jim Lehrer for staying the hell out of Mitt Romney’s way in what will surely be the last debate he ever moderates.

KingGold on October 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM

But he will be forever remembered for moderating the debate that ended Barrack Obama’s White House occupation.. (we will see if it ends up that way)

I think he did a fairly decent job. Maybe little obie got to talk a little longer but he let Romney get his in as well.
Jim was basically a non factor and that is the way it should be.

RockyJ. on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

lolz..I left to go to the bathroom and missed two pages..:)

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

SWalker:Yup,and DebbieWazzerHerShultsinZee too!:)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Well, it would be good for the country to have the political careers of both shredded. Hillary by the media, and Obama by the voters.

INC on October 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Dire Straits on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I had to take a business call and missed a lot more than that! Oh well. :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Oh … my … gosh.

The Nether World was experienced a cold front of epic proportions and is experiencing an ice storm as we speak.

hawkdriver on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Line of the night:

“I have friends that told me you don’t pick winners and losers. You pick losers!” Or something to that effect. I laughed out loud at that one.

KirknBurker on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Romney actually asked ‘What’s your daddy’s maiden name, Barry?”

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Sorry, that was a horrible reference on my part to a scene out of the movie “Roots”… o_O

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Gotta say this again. There was some misreporting on Jim Lehrer’s moderating in this debate. He’s letting Obama babble on about nothing and Romney’s still having to jump in to get his time. Lehrer hasn’t been interrupting Obama but I’ve heard him try to cut off Romney several times now. How was this missed? I can imagine how awful and rude Crowley and Schieffer are going to be to Romney–especially after Romney’s success tonight.

stukinIL4now on October 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Jim was basically a non factor and that is the way it should be.

RockyJ. on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Jim was seeing pink slips dance before his eyes
all nite tonite

burrata on October 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Bad New Is Coming – Luther Allison

Barry got some of his bad news tonight… the rest… is coming.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Now Romney needs to read the MSM spin and use that to help him anticipate what Oblahblah will use against him in round 2. I can guarantee that the left is going to accuse Romney of something nefarious. They know that Obama got trounced and they will start doing what all cornered, rabid animals do and go for the throat. Lehrer is old and didn’t seem to care but you can bet that the other MSM moderators will be like sharks with all this Obama chum in the water. Romney schellacked Oblamea!

neyney on October 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Tonight Romney debated an empty chair.

canditaylor68 on October 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Hey girl, you think we need to send some tampons to 1600 Penn Ave?

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

*tappity* *tappity* *tappity* *tappity*

That’s me, way over in Manila, doing my happy dance.

The debate – excellent.
The lefty response – PRICELESS.

I did a quick drive-by on DKos and DU, and if they aren’t crying in their beers, they are completely delusional. And, yeah, I need to take a shower to wash the stink off after that.

It was soooo nice to see the boy king knocked off his pillar – and it appears that most of America enjoyed it, too.

Bring on Biden! Can’t wait to watch Paul Ryan eviscerate him.

Any guesses as to what Romney said to Obama before the debate?

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

“Barry, I apologise in advance for what I am about to do to you.”

Timothy S. Carlson on October 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Le Fact Checkers………………….

PolitiFact ‏@politifact

We’ll be posting more #debate fact-checks on Thursday, be sure to check back. http://ow.ly/ecVwN

PolitiFact ‏@politifact

PolitiFact ‏@politifact

Romney said Obama put in a board that tells people ‘ultimately what treatments they’re going to receive.’ Mostly False. http://ow.ly/ecTXJ

PolitiFact ‏@politifact

Romney said we’re spending 42% of economy on government. Yes, counting entitlements. Mostly True. http://ow.ly/ecRP6 #debate

PolitiFact ‏@politifact

From #debate tonight, Obama said Romney “would turn Medicare into a voucher program.” Mostly True. http://ow.ly/ecRdE

PolitiFact ‏@politifact

From #debate tonight, Romney said “On Medicare for current retirees, he’s cutting $716 B”. Half True. http://ow.ly/ecQxK

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Obama took his cues from the New York Times: don’t let the public see your contempt for Romney, they counselled. As always, it was bad advice.

Now they will reverse themselves and tell him he has to go after Romney which he will dutifully do. Romney knows the spitball is coming: all he has to do is duck out of the way then ask the ump to examine the baseball.

The NY Times, the media in general, and the polls, for all their spin and lovin’, are destroying Obama this time. He believes their memes and their memes aren’t the right ones anymore.

MaxMBJ on October 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Oh, that’s okay, then.. mine was a reference to Barry’s parentage.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Hornet and B9, beloved ladies, while he got off track on your chit-chat tonight, you both know that Ugly is a real good one.

He let it be. You are both big enough to do the same. Not lecturing, just wishing for all to forget about it and fight what matters.

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM

stukinIL4now on October 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

It’ll be fine! Romney just had Obama and Lehrer for breakfast. He’ll have Crowley for lunch and Schieffer for dinner, each with a side of Obama. Then Romney will really need some Pepto-Bismal!

Benedict Nelson on October 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM

hawkdriver on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

You’re right! And I wouldn’t have believed it if you hadn’t show it to me! Thanks, Hawkdriver! :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Just heard on,

that the so-called expert,says,that Hopey had,
21 Ums,in two and half minutes!

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Today is the day the election narrative changes. Pre-debate it was all about what a terrible candidate Romney is. Post-debate the shoe will be on Obama’s foot.

Schadenfreude is a good thing.

MaxMBJ on October 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I know that. That’s why I didn’t send a bat up his nightdress. Just reminded him that women always get the last word. :)

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

If Obama had a spine, U.S. Marines would be standing in the Benghazi compound right now.

After Obamas’ debate debacle tonight, they will be soon.

It’s “wag the dog” time, folks.

MichaelGabriel on October 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Post-debate the shoe will be on Obama’s foot.

He’s got a big shoe to fill and there ain’t nothin’ there.

Schadenfreude is a good thing.

MaxMBJ on October 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

It sure is :)

Schadenfreude on October 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

hawkdriver on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I meant, “has” experienced. Now, there’s some heavy duty rationalization in the text, but can you believe the headline?

hawkdriver on October 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

HornetSting on October 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM

HornetSting:

Thank-you Sting,for the kind words,and yes,you are
missed here.

And Ryan the Destroyer,haha!:)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I might actually watch Mika tomorrow morning , just because I want to see Joe Scar commenting about Obama winning tonite’s debate and how poorly Romney performed

burrata on October 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

The “severe conservative” Romney portrayed himself as in the GOP primaries was duct-taped and chucked in the University of Denver basement, replaced by a man who called for “Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan” compromise — seemingly a challenge to the tea party wing of his own party.

If this is the takeaway it will be interesting to see how that works for Mitt Romney.

On FNC they also hit this point. Saying that the old Mitt showed up to this debate more than willing to support traditional liberal programs.

Mitt went on and on about how well he works with Democrats. It won him the debate. However how well that would work in DC is a completely different question.

If Mitt wins he will be mercilessly attacked by the Press day in and day out. It will make no difference that he wants to work with the Democrats they may not work with him just out of spite for beating Obama. If Mitt compounds that problem by alienating the Tea Party he will find it immensely difficult to get anything passed. Immensely difficult to be successful.

However after tonight I do wonder if Mitt is smart enough to realize that he will have to work with the Tea Party. It is his only chance of success unless in reality the Democrats hate Obama as well.

Steveangell on October 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Cold Cold Feeling – Albert Collins

Barry has a cold, cold, feeling…and he’s in bed with Michelle, too.

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

“As the Narrative Turns,” a soap opera

Tomorrow the new narrative will be in place — Obama is losing. Within that narrative will be a cry out for Bill Clinton to come back and rescue the child again. Also, there will be a re-examination of Eastwood’s empty chair bit with it suddenly getting a whole lotta more respect.

The polls will start to move, perhaps incrementally and slowly, but move they will.

The irony of all this is that it will seem that Romney has great momentum, that he rose up from nowhere, that the stiff suddenly became a leader … while the truth is he was never behind, he isn’t a stiff, and he’s always been a leader.

MaxMBJ on October 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

hawkdriver on October 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

The headline was a shocker! The text is par for the course with any leftist rag… equivocating and obfuscating their little hearts out. I’m getting a good laugh out of it this evening. :)

thatsafactjack on October 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Oh … my … gosh.

hawkdriver on October 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

hawkdriver:More respect than Canadian Natives,WTF!:)

canopfor on October 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

SWalker on October 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

This is something that I think people are over looking. It’s a frigging mess with Hill, Bill and BO.

I fault the Clintons for starters… not that I wanted Hill to get the nod in 2008 but it was the aftermath.

They laid down with dogs and took the fleas. The Clintons’ behavior after the 2008 election wreaked of weakness and corruption. No surprise there. But it also demonstrated that they are not as politically astute as the media claims.

Hillary sold out and took crumbs from BO’s table. She did that in her relationahip with Bill. This has always been her pattern.

As for Bill? He’s so hooked on the hype that he’s like a drug addict. He’s happy to use his ‘lil pumpkin in the same way he always uses women. It’s disgusting, really.

Why would anyone walk into an Obama administration thinking they could emerge looking like the rock stars? They are living in a world that is divorced from reality.

Were they brutal, political animals? Yes. Once upon a time. But as you indicate they are idiots when confronting the Chicago Thug Machine. Hill and Bill now look like political neophytes, and the anger their supporters have expressed since 2008 seem to be more rooted in their anger toward H&B for their stupidity more than BO.

I think H&B are cooked. Done for. Gone. Time is wasting, and so is the Clinton appeal. I may be wrong, but I don’t see them coming back.

Cody1991 on October 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM