Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on October 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

Call it the built-in gravitas gap: President Obama flies the country in a grand 747, cruises in plush limousines adorned with American flags, and speaks from the White House Rose Garden, while his campaign opponent, Mitt Romney, flies in a smaller MD-83 passenger jet, rides in nondescript SUVs and makes speeches at factories and strip malls.

But on Wednesday that gap is closed, even if just for 90 minutes, when voters see the two men stand on the same stage together and go head-to-head in the first presidential debate of the campaign.

“Debates are an equalizer for challengers because there are no office trappings on stage,” said Darrell M. West, director of Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution. “It is two people answering questions, and voters can reach their own impressions without outside filtering.”…

“It is the only chance to go toe to toe with the incumbent and look just as presidential as he can,” Mr. Sabato said.

***

Romney’s advisers have a simple strategy: They want their candidate to balance his finely tuned arguments with personal warmth. Since Romney is a reserved man, his advisers acknowledge that it will be difficult for him to endear himself to the country, especially under the hot studio lights. But they consider it critical. “This is really about introducing him to the country,” a Romney adviser says. “It’s the largest audience he has ever had. Everybody’s watching.”

During prep sessions in Vermont this past month, Romney has worked tirelessly on the stylistic aspect of his presentation, and Romney’s advisers predict that the former Massachusetts governor will come across as both presidential and empathetic. Rather than fire off brusque retorts, as he often did during primary debates, Romney will take care “to speak in paragraphs about the economy,” a second aide says…

But it won’t all be warm and fuzzy. That’s where the balance comes in, advisers say. When he has the opportunity to give a full response, look for him to speak directly to the camera, making his case. When the president knocks him, however, Romney won’t try to stay above the fray, and he’ll try to make sure that his answers are more than clinical prescriptions. Romney will never be as gregarious as Bill Clinton or a great communicator like Ronald Reagan, but his advisers think he can score if he is comfortable and assertive.

“You’ll see a little combativeness,” says former New Hampshire governor John Sununu, a longtime Romney friend. “Remember, though, that there will be more to this debate than telling the president to stick a bumper sticker on his forehead. This is about getting the people who are watching to look at their televisions and say, ‘My gosh, that’s the guy this country needs to be president.’”

***

In the desperate battle to shape public expectations over Wednesday’s presidential debate in Denver, Gov. Mitt Romney appears to be winning-by-losing.

Most prospective voters expect him to lose the face-to-face debate, so he has a greater opportunity to surprise and reassure voters who might switch support from President Barack Obama to the GOP candidate.

“The best news for Romney going into the debates is that voters have very low expectations for him and therefore the bar for him to change some minds is set lower than it is for the president,” said a survey released Oct. 2 by Quinnipiac University.

***

There would be two GOP debates in Florida, one in Tampa and one in Jacksonville. Coming off defeat in South Carolina, Romney had to raise his game.

He did. Particularly in the Jacksonville debate, Romney seemed like a new man. He deftly and confidently ripped Gingrich over accusations that Romney had investments in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and then ran circles around Gingrich on immigration. With nearly everything at stake, and big audiences watching in the biggest primary state, Romney shone…

Romney’s biggest challenge, as Gingrich sees it, is to deal with what Gingrich believes will be Obama’s repeated misrepresentations of Romney’s record and position. Back in January, Gingrich believed Romney misrepresented Gingrich’s own record, something he still believes today. “Now, Romney has to figure out with Obama what I failed to figure out with Romney,” Gingrich says. “How do you convince the audience that the plausible thing just said by your opponent is factually false?”…

The most important thing Romney could do for himself is to remember that feeling from the night he lost South Carolina, when he realized that everything was riding on his next performance. This time, it is.

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Liked your poem, though I thought you took a little “poetic license” with the meter. (Third line? IIRC.)

Lol.

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

You Send Me –

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

for liberal or die or whatever his name is-

Hells Bells

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Not what I wanted to say… but I didn’t want to get banned…so I improvised!lol!

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

He believes that he is unique among humans.

He fancies himself omnipotent and omniscient, a god really.

He suffers from a syndrome well know and readily recognized in Hollywood and the realm of celebrity.

He has bought his own hype.

He’ll go the way of all who make that tragic error.

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

He suffers clinically of NPD.

May he be defeated and mocked out of town so that such a hoax never be repeated upon the land.

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Debbie-Wasserman-Schulz
Michelle Obama

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I didn’t want anyone getting sick. :-)

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Are you a Judge Judy fan? (re the Beauty fades quote)

Mitsouko on October 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Oh, this is one of my favorite quotes. Judge Judy had it right.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Oh, this is one of my favorite quotes. Judge Judy had it right.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Judge Judy is always right!

Mitsouko on October 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Well hey folks, just lurking to see what bad craziness you’re up to tonight. Not feeling too sharp due to a medical deal, but content to watch.

Getting psyched up for tomorrow night but dang, it’s like watching figure skating and gymnastics – I hate to watch because I hate to see them fall. And this means a heck of a lot more than an Olympic medal.

Getting the butterflies already.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

arnold ziffel on October 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Good to see you posting..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM

T-minus 20 hours and counting…

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

He’s already explained away the good reverend….and the electorate bought it.

Tim_CA

Most of the electorate never even heard of reverend Wright or black liberation theology, and even fewer saw the videos of him damning America. Those who did didn’t like what they saw, and the polls showed it. Obama didn’t throw the good reverend under the bus because he was an asset.

McCain and company left the one thing off the table that could have helped him win, refusing to run campaign ads to inform voters who missed the original story(which was most of them) because he was afraid the dems and the media would play the race card against him.
Meanwhile, they played the race card anyway, and we all know how the election turned out. If Romney and company let the media and the dems run his campaign this time around the way McCain did then, this election will turn out the same way.

xblade on October 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

missed it by 3 seconds.

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

She just hasn’t overdosed on the Koolaid.

MeatHeadinCA on October 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Good point!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I’m worried about the format- I haven’t heard what it is, but I’m so worried that the moderators will purposely slant the questions to help 0bama win.

And also, what if it becomes obvious to the electorate that the questions were slanted? 0bamas come and go, but the slanted media is forever. If he loses, the media will invent another one. It may be time to declare internal war on the media, in order to save our country. What good will it do to defeat 0bama in ’12, only to have another one manufactured down the line? The media isn’t going to reform itself. Romney may have to ram through strict controls – Fairness Doctrine stuff, or we may, as a nation, have to resort to rope and streetlights for the media chiefs who are stealing our country from us.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Only one you describe, the sufferer of clinical NPD, could possibly become so completely the victim of their own hype.

He will descend into infamy, where he belongs, right there next to Jimmy Carter.

Morgan Freeman, who went ahead and gave him $1 million for his reelection fund, made it a point to say that ‘He’s not really the first African American President…his mother was half white, you know.’

So… now its down to racial purity… among his own supporters.

Seeing that Obama is going to lose, Freeman already seeks to distance himself. Making it clear that Obama isn’t, essentially, black enough to qualify as ‘the first African American president’.

I thought that was very telling… and disturbing.

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Getting the butterflies already.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Lol. I can understand that. But don’t get nervous.
I’m not sure, yet, if I’m going to watch.
I might just let HA and other sites “break it down” for me.
I NEVER listen to our America-hating president. Never.

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Hang in there and take good care.

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Stupid, stupid and vapid, self-loathing, stupid, need I go on? Beauty fades, stupid is forever.
Hillary Clinton, Rosie O’Donnell, Rosanne Barr, Ellen Barkin, Bette Midler, Joy Bahar, Sally Kohn, Sarah Jessica Parker, Nancy Pelosi, Sheila Jackson Lee, Patty Murray.
Ugly trumps in the liberal party. Inside and out.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

You say “all liberal women are ugly,” I list a bunch of young and beautiful liberal women, your response is “they are young! that will fade.” Huh? When your original standard was that “all” liberal women look like “she-males.” I think there are quite a few actual she-males who would kill to look like Scarlett Johansen or Beyonce Giselle Knowles. As for the later’s intelligence, you don’t become a massive global superstar, CEO of multiple corporations while being a moron. I’m not sure what you get from pretending that the only liberal women who exist are as old as Ellen Barkin, Bette Midler, Hillary or Roseanne Barr, but OK whatever you need to get through the night.

Meanwhile liberals like Halle Barry, Julianne Moore, Naomi Watts, Emma Stone, Iman and many many many more will continue to be stunningly gorgeous.

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

The most beautiful people in the world? You really are an idiot.

Have you seen those people in person? They are chosen for how they look on camera, not in real life.

Most actors have huge heads and long, bony jaw lines. They are grotesque in real life. If they weren’t employed on camera they would be circus freaks.

Like you.

jaime on October 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

A Sentimental Mood – Django Reinhart

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Getting the butterflies already.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Lol. I can understand that. But don’t get nervous.
I’m not sure, yet, if I’m going to watch.
I might just let HA and other sites “break it down” for me.
I NEVER listen to our America-hating president. Never.

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Oh, I’m going to watch. But first I think I’m going to clear all throwable objects and firearms from the room. Unlike Elvis, I can’t afford another TV, and because I’m white, 0bama won’t buy me one.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Ugly trumps in the liberal party. Inside and out.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I didn’t say they all look like she-males, but they are all stupid.
Apparently like you, the last three and a half years never happened and they vote with their tw&ts.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

He has bought his own hype.

He’ll go the way of all who make that tragic error.

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I think Dbear,libfree, and lester have his pic from a cheap gas station- habieb on the living room wall. Sad day for them. They should be mocked forever for their tripe here and elsewhere. They like race a lot, maybe they should get into nascar or the indie 5.
They provide B9 with a lot of ammo and laughs. In the end though it is sad.
I stand with most here..even though I dont share one thing in common- but they will never get that. Their blind hatred is it. If I ever did anything by being here, I hope that shows something. Fouls up their arguments. People are filled with hate and see it where they desire- I have seen the opposite. I do not see color or sexual orientation-just who people are. It is easy for the trolls here..let me go to their neck of the woods and I would be slaughtered. So dear trolls, you may deny it-but remember what I say. I am not alone either.

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Hang in there and take good care.

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Thanks… I’ll be better in a few days. It’s a recurring blood issue so I’m weak and fuzzy-headed for awhile afterward, but I’ll make it. :-)

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Tango Jalousie – Jacob Gade- Kaare Norge

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Well said, B9! Thanks. :)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

The HA debate thread should be interesting and lively..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

How about this one, Jackie?

There once was a man from Chicago
Whose ears were as big as are Dumbo’s
He told us some lies
His wife has some thighs
I know of a place that he can go.

(Mmmm, not too pleased about the last line, but I doesn’t write to good.)

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I know I’m being lazy, but does anyone know the debate format, off the top of their head? Is each debate going to be specifically directed, i.e. domestic policy or foreign policy or social policy, etc.? I’ve been sort of out of touch lately.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

xblade on October 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

And x, I’m thinking we’ve already got so much with the deficit, unemployment, the economy, Obamacare, Fast & Furious, “You didn’t built that”, Benghazi, Radical Islam…..

I just think we need to stay focused.

The dork always has, and always will be a racialist stooge, hamstrung by his libtard ideology.

Let’s run for our livelihood and our childrens’ future…not get distracted by some libtardian race horsecrap that isn’t us anyway.

Honestly…this one’s a coin-flip for me.

Doesn’t help much.

Doesn’t hurt at all.

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I sense you, too, are dancing the thin edge of moderation! Well done, excellent effort!:)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Hang in there and take care of yourself..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM

The HA debate thread should be interesting and lively..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Good point. Maybe I’ll hang out here.
Should be a jungle.

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:10 AM

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I’ve been lurking (and moping) most of the evening, as well.

I’ve been so pissed-off over the Judge Robert Simpson‘s ruling on the PA photo ID voter law, it has made me even more dysfunctional than I already am . . .
(MEGA-MULTIPLE EXPLETIVES ! ! ! deleted, to infinity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )
Phew, I really needed to let that out, but it doesn’t solved the depression. . . : (

listens2glenn on October 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

El Choclo- arr. R. Dyens

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Have you seen those people in person?

I have seen Beyonce in person, both at a concert and once in one of those rare strokes of NYC luck, getting into her stretch-limo-cab Mercedes thing two years ago in Manhattan. The woman is so much more stunning in person. And you are revealing how little you understand about what the camera does. Nearly everyone I know who has met a celebrity in real life has said they are *significantly* better looking in person than they are on screen. Not because the camera adds ten pounds, but that the camera can not capture a person’s full beauty most of the times. People who are “photogenic” have such a great look the camera can’t ruin it. Whatever. You can’t say in one breath “all celebrities are liberals” and then expect anyone to believe that you’ve never ever been attracted to a celebrity. It makes you look crazy.

Lets go classic. I mean a young Marlon Brando? How about Elizabeth Montgomery who walked in gay rights parades? For goodness sake, Elizabeth Taylor, die hard liberal. Are you claiming Liz Taylor wasn’t gorgeous in her youth? You sound ridiculous.

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

The HA debate thread should be interesting and lively..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Good point. Maybe I’ll hang out here.
Should be a jungle.

RedCrow
on October 3, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Those threads move too fast for a “dialogue.”

listens2glenn on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Hey, for those who missed my comment the other day, I thought this was cool:

A little way down my semi-rural street is a large metal-working shop. About 10 feet up the side of the shop, right near the moderately traveled road, is a large, professionally done, red, white & blue banner – wot says:

The government didn’t help us build this. We did.
Obama kiss our ass!

I’m [owner's name] and I approved this message.

Drivers seeing this then go just a bit farther to see my empty chair out at the road. Nice one-two punch :-)

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Tomorrow is supposedly all economy/domestic

Mitt should ignore Lehrer and talk to the people.

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Have you seen those people in person?

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

You sound like an idiot, Tiger Beat. No wonder you are so enamored with President Kardashian.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

There once was a jackass named Barry
Who married Michelle with legs hairy
And closing his eyes
Leapt between thunder thighs
Not bad for a coke sniffing fairy!

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

If the GOP thinks its going to use that to convince people that Obama hates white people, they have another thing coming.

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM

How about if they use to prove that he lied – again?

Now here’s the thing, when 9-11 happened in New York City, they waived the Stafford Act — said, ‘This is too serious a problem. We can’t expect New York City to rebuild on its own. Forget that dollar you gotta put in. Well, here’s ten dollars.’ And that was the right thing to do. When Hurricane Andrew struck in Florida, people said, ‘Look at this devastation. We don’t expect you to come up with y’own money, here. Here’s the money to rebuild. We’re not gonna wait for you to scratch it together — because you’re part of the American family.’

What’s happening down in New Orleans? Where’s your dollar? Where’s your Stafford Act money? Makes no sense! Tells me that somehow, the people down in New Orleans they don’t care about as much!

by January 2007, six months before Obama’s Hampton speech, the federal government had sent at least $110 billion to areas damaged by Katrina. This was more than five times the money that the Bush administration pledged to New York City after 9/11.

Moreover, says the DC, the federal government did at times waive the Stafford Act during its New Orleans reconstruction efforts. On May 25, 2007, just weeks before Obama’s speech, the Bush administration sent an additional $6.9 billion to Katrina-affected areas with no strings attached. Source

Flora Duh on October 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Hey, for those who missed my comment the other day, I thought this was cool:

The government didn’t help us build this. We did.
Obama kiss our ass!

I’m [owner's name] and I approved this message.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I heard Elliot Spitzer this evening during his debate with Glenn Beck, say this quote is being “taken out of context” by conservatives, and that’s not what Obama really meant.

listens2glenn on October 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

listens2glenn on October 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I got very upset about that PA voter-ID ruling. In state after state now, the voters are trying to fix the problems, and judges are striking down their efforts.

The judges are stealing away the People’s hard-won right to self-governance.

Between the media and the judges, I’m not sure that even if America’s people decided to save her, that they would be allowed to.

Our country is being stolen right out from underneath us.

That PA judge needs to be impeached. Anyone in this day and age who will not exert the effort to get an ID, by gorrah MUST NOT be allowed to vote. They don’t get a say, and I support their not getting a say.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Made me laugh! Winner!

Good evening, Nova! Good to see you!:)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:16 AM

The lesser known version with slash and caroline kennedy was a minor hit in mass.

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Ho! how about a middle aged old? lol..
And Brando was a sean penn..of his day..e Taylor was a nut case.
But they were once good looking and “famous” eh..who cares. Well you do but big shock. I bet you have old james dean posters on your wall too. As far as bewitched..glad she liked gays..so?

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM

There once was a jackass named Barry
Who married Michelle with legs hairy
And closing his eyes
Leapt between thunder thighs
Not bad for a coke sniffing fairy!

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

That was beautiful man!

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM

LOL! I’ll bet. Anything ‘Kennedy’ in Massachusetts! :)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bluntly, I support the return of a basic issues tests and I support disinfranchisement of voters who do not meet a basic understanding of citizenship. It’s an idea whose time as come again.

My position is not more indefensible than my owning a bus company and refusing to let a legally blind man drive for me, Americans with Disabilities Act be damned.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

The “Black Robe wearing Bench-Sitters” of America are the ones that are going to push us “over-the-brink” of civil war. . : (

listens2glenn on October 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

They may be attractive to the eye, but most celebrities (who you seem to worship–weird, by the way) are empty-headed morons who got really lucky.

IMO, the folks in the entertainment field make way too much money–though, unlike liberals I don’t begrudge them their income. I say, make as much as you can get paid for your services.

But, I think they make too much. Which is why I don’t pay ten dollars to see a movie. (Most American movies suck, anyway.) And, three or four times a year I buy tickets to see sporting events. (I’d go more often if it were reasonably priced.)

Liberals worship celebrities, and they rarely admit it. They’ll tell you readily, though, what a simp you are for believing in God. This is a good indication of the demise of America.

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

LOL! Edgy.

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Your drivel is as bad as ernesto….get over yourself…

Primosharptooth on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Tomorrow is supposedly all economy/domestic

Mitt should ignore Lehrer and talk to the people.

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Thanks! I guess that means that “you didn’t build that” should be a fastball to 0bama, right out of the box. If it’s not, then we know that the fix is in.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

LOL@ Tiger Beat. I am sure he has the boy bands up too. Justin has made him proud I bet ya. little rich boy play’n hard core street thug..he is down..down I tellz ya.

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

This little conversation thread is hilarious. A conservative poster claims all liberal women are ugly and “she-males,” I respond and everyone yells “how shallow, why do you care about looks!” LOL Pretty good guys, pretty good.

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Today (well, yesterday, now) I lamented the dawn of my 13th lustrum.

Time Has Come Today

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Good point!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Actually, I could support that idea. A person has to have a license to drive a car….pass not one, but three tests, if we include vision, but can vote in an election to decide who runs the nation and makes the laws, EVEN IF THEY CAN’T READ or even sign their own name, regardless of their level of understanding of the issues,knowledge of the individual candidates position on the issues, how the government actually works, or the history of the nation.

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Yep, Jay-Z has 99 problems but his bi**h ain’t one. Bully for Beyonce for marrying a former multi-millionaire crack dealing felon and misogynist. She’s smart that way.

Mitsouko on October 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Good to see you posting..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Good to be here Dire. I miss not keeping up with my HA perps.

arnold ziffel on October 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Those threads move too fast for a “dialogue.”

listens2glenn on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

loz..Tey do go fast..I hope the ABRs stay classy.:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:20 AM

lol…admit it….you immediately pictured it in your minds eye!

(slash in a top-hat…caroline in a nice dress with pearls)

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Your taste and mine must be different, so don’t tell me what I like and what I don’t. Typical liberal. Speak for yourself. I can see you are attracted to circus freaks. That’s understandable from a pre-op transvestite.

It’s also understandable that you want to use actresses as models for your ambitions of what you’ll look like post-op because you don’t have anyone in your life who is attractive, they being liberal. But with a “working” name like Cornhole LaFlame, and a goal of looking like Cameron Diaz, you probably aren’t going to be very successful. Walking down the street at night in a prom dress and corsage hand in hand with your “roommate” Poopsie isn’t going to help much, either.

jaime on October 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I respect artists with talent, regardless of fame. Of the people I listed I would only include Beyonce in that category. Again, this is a clever move on your part. You watch a conservative poster make a shallow comment about the looks of liberal women, I respond on an equally shallow level and suddenly I’m the one who “worships celebrities.” It really is wonderfully Orweillian of you all, give yourself a pat on the back.

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Good to be here Dire. I miss not keeping up with my HA perps.

arnold ziffel on October 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Welcome back!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Flora Duh on October 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM

The Liar lies whenever his lips move. That the media let him get away with it is the national travesty. May they all suffocate from what they eat.

——-
Jackie, I hope work eased.

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Well now you just sound sexist.

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Mitsouko on October 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM

You got it. There wasn’t a single misogynist in the music industry before Jay-Z came along. Men in rock certainly never described women as disposable objects of desire.

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Anyone like haiku?

Anticipate debate
Obama stutters constant
What a vapid ass

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Your drivel is as bad as ernesto….get over yourself…

Primosharptooth on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

heh, it will go on and on. His mission.
Check in here anytime and it is the same. Like
skipping a year of a soap opera..you come back- same plot-same day
easy catch up.

If your Latin, please talk of black beans.

I had enough for tonight. Maybe for longer.
sosdd. Old.
Night.

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NOVA!

You’re still a youngster! Haven’t you heard? Its officially been determined that we’re all supposed to be 15 years younger than our birth certificates seem to think we are… because 45 is the new 30, etc.:)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Goodnight, B9! Sleep well!:)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:29 AM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I’m betting he’s the one that was claiming to be carrying Justin Beiber’s baby.
Hilarious. Maybe he’s the “Leave Britney Alone” guy.
Hollywood could be destroyed and I would be sad I wasn’t there with marshmallows. Celebrity idolatry is just pathetic.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 1:29 AM

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I don’t think that people should be allowed to vote themselves my money when they don’t know enough to recognize the unconstitutional means by which it will be done (rewriting the Welfare Act to remove the work requirement – thereby overturned a duly passed and presidentially signing law by executive fiat, etc.)

Fail the poll test – no vote. And don’t make it a screwy poll test like back in Jim Crow days – I mean a serious basic poll test. And if you paid no tax that year, you can’t vote.

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:30 AM

He’s a user. He wields his bi-racial genealogy like thor wields his hammer, and thinks it makes him just as omnipotent (you owe me some $’s stan lee for the plug).

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Fair enough.
Now, when Obama Death Panels come into action when
Obama jazia is enforced ,
suppose there are 2 individuals who match a single donor kidney, both same age, similar economic status, both with family and non-criminal productive life story,
but
one is black and the another is white.
WHICH person will get that kidney ????
Who will Obama Panel favor ?

That is what this video explains about Obama.

burrata on October 3, 2012 at 1:30 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Your drivel is as bad as ernesto….get over yourself…

Primosharptooth on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

heh, it will go on and on. His mission.
Check in here anytime and it is the same. Like
skipping a year of a soap opera..you come back- same plot-same day
easy catch up.

If your Latin, please talk of black beans.

I had enough for tonight. Maybe for longer.
sosdd. Old.
Night.

bazil9 on October 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Goodnight, B9. Black beans, lol!

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 3, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Thank you,Schadenfreude! It is. I insisted!:)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Happy Birthday!

Flora Duh on October 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

There once was a jackass named Barry
Who married Michelle with legs hairy
And closing his eyes
Leapt between thunder thighs
Not bad for a coke sniffing fairy!

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Outstanding. Now you are going to have to work to top that but my guess is there is more where that came from.

arnold ziffel on October 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:31 AM

You persisted too :)

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

White Bird – It’s A Beautiful day

For Nova.:)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Well, I’m tuckered out. Got to be up early… carry, good folks!

zzzz

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

novaculus, happy birthday!

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yes..that, too!:)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Now, when Obama Death Panels come into action when
Obama jazia is enforced ,
but
one is black and the another is white.
WHICH person will get that kidney ????
Who will Obama Panel favor ?

That is what this video explains about Obama.

burrata on October 3, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Trick Question – Easy.

The registered democrat…..Or SEIU member….whichever got there first.

Tim_CA on October 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Drivers’ licenses don’t prove that a person can legally vote. Many people have them and are illegal aliens, visitors or etc.

Legitimate birth certificates, passports, naturalization certificates do.

The left argue obtusely against any form of identification. The right are stuck on something which proves little. It’s sad to watch.

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Pat, pat, pat. (Also, thank you. I am clever.)

PS (Dummy–if I really need to add that) I did not read the other poster’s comments. I read yours and was responding to you. Furthermore, I did not say you worship celebrities, I said that you seemed to do so. Then, I said:

Finally, since when is a liberal concerned with tit-for-tat? There have been two sets of rules in DC for years, and things that D’s do that get nary a notice are howled about when R’s do.

Ah! I’ve got it…you want to have your cake and eat it, too. Typical liberal.

RedCrow on October 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Schadenfreude on October 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM

We must have enforcement of the law and insistence on VALID identification, as you listed, to register to vote,and again presented at the polls to be issued a ballot, and I’m in favor of biometric identification, as well. Finger prints, and retinal scan.

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:37 AM

libfreeordie on October 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Thank you for admitting Beyonce married a misogynist. Smart power!

Mitsouko on October 3, 2012 at 1:37 AM

There once was a fool named Barack
Right twice a day like a clock
With a busted mainspring
yet still he did ring
all his 0bots to service his -0–

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM

NOVA… how about cuing up a tune?

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:39 AM

‘Nite All

jaime on October 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

jaime on October 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Goodnight, Jaime! Great tunes. :)

thatsafactjack on October 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

arnold ziffel on October 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I may not be this drunk again for a while.

Buffaloed in Buffalo

novaculus on October 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Hasta la rasta, babies!

cane_loader on October 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Liberals are she-males. All of them. They all look like pre-op transvestites.

jaime on October 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Sure. Why do you think the Obama took down the ‘Lady Parts’ e-card?
Alls those Libs have are faux- lady parts.

socalcon on October 3, 2012 at 1:42 AM