Open thread: Hannity and the Daily Caller on the Obama tape

posted at 8:42 pm on October 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

It’s the news du jour thanks to Drudge so here’s your thread for reaction. Evidently the DC will post its story at 9 p.m. ET just as Hannity’s show starts to roll. I’ll update this post with the clip once it’s available. If you haven’t been following the earlier thread, Drudge hopped onto Twitter to hint that the controversial bits of Obama’s 2007 Hampton speech didn’t end up in the video posted by the local paper. Go figure that the one time in his life that O strays from the teleprompter, he gets in trouble for it.

Greg Pollowitz jokes:

Yeah, if forced to choose between defending a five-year-old speech and having to explain why an American ambassador was left essentially without security in the middle of the Jihadistan known as eastern Libya, I’m thinking O will probably take his chances with door number one. Then again, it’s not an either/or proposition. And thanks to Democratic wagon-circling, he doesn’t seem to have paid a serious political price for the Benghazi debacle — yet. Darrell Issa and the Oversight Committee will have more to say about that next week.

No matter what happens, I think Ace’s co-blogger DrewM is on firm ground with this prediction. Stand by for the vid.

Update: I’m going to take advantage of intense reader interest in the Drudge story to post this right here. If it’s an Obama scandal you want, you got it. Settle in for 45 minutes from Univision of some of the very lowest moments of Hopenchange.

Update: Here’s the link to the DC’s story and the clip. Video of the full speech is at the link.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

Now excuse me while I have to turn off the Spanish autoplay for the umpteenth time.

Happy Nomad on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

After the fourth time I blocked it with Adblock.

farsighted on October 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM

… you do realize they may be holding the more shocking parts of the video till the last 15 minutes, right?

PolAgnostic on October 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

That’s some brilliant programming strategy there…

CycloneCDB on October 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Drudge and Hannity made fools of themselves today.

Oh well…. debates tomorrow.

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM

*clink*

Tim_CA on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I’m listening to the entire speech – it’s not flattering.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

It’s not flattering, but its pointless. If this is meant to swing undecideds, where are the soundbites that do that?

Drudge and Hannity are quickly becoming the boy who cried wolf.

I think it might hurt him with some people…after all, he does not come off as a nice guy here..he is obviously pandering to his audience and talking like some black preacher. It just looks phoney..and some people will have a problem with that. I have known for years he was a phoney, but I know people who would not have believed this of Obama if they had not seen it.

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I think this might solidify dislike in people like us, who are voting for Romney anyway. It might get some Republicans who didn’t want to vote for Romney. But does this do anything for those low-info undecideds? I think the answer is no.

milcus on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I’m just glad Hannity is so kind to explore this topic in much details once every four years days.

lester on October 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Apparently, you don’t listen to his radio show.

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

As a voter I would really like to know more about Reverend Wright and his links to Obama. I’m just glad Hannity is so kind to explore this topic in much details once every four years.

lester on October 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM

lester, fine. You win tonight. Let us have it.

Tomorrow is a new day.

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

What’s with Obama doing the masturbatory gestures?

I thought I was the only one thinking that. (And I thought the middle finger gesture was bad, nope not like jerking that hand over and over.)

nor on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I wish Hannity would have just played the whole vid and kept his mouth shut until after. Maybe I’ll try to catch the whole thing tomorrow over at DC.

predator on October 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM

The line he says about the debt at about 16 minutes is enough to make your head explode.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I thought the reference to 9/11 was interesting…apparently Obama thought they had an easy time of it compared to the people in New Orleans.At least the people in NO had some warning. And btw, more people died on 9/11.

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Yeah, I’d say being trapped in a burning skyscraper trumps being stranded on a two story roof waiting for a boat to arrive.

TxAnn56 on October 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Especially when you were told to evacuate two days before and you were too much of a mooch to get out. Obama is an idiot. I hope the families affected by 9/11 jump on his azz.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

No news here. Just the real Obama.

STL_Vet on October 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM

But there’s a lot , in context here.

the_nile on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

lester on October 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Of course you don’t care.
You a member? Panther bro?
Now..if Mitt went to Klan rallies..oh..you would care.
At least be honest about your bias.
A mans character means a lot..but for you only sometimes.
You and HAL- 2 peas in an effed up pod.

bazil9 on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Now this is what makes a statement not that stupid clip.
It includes Moochelle’s corrupt a$$ too.

lilium479 on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

For the ones whining about the autoplay. Hit the goddamm mute buttono yer computer. Sheesh.

katy the mean old lady on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Why should we have to do that? You’ve provided the easy solution but that does not explain why autoplay is working in the first place. In short, katy, you’d be the person who suggests putting a piece of electrical tape over the warning light on your car’s dash instead of thinking that something should be done about that blinking light. Hitting the mute button or not, the video plays.

Happy Nomad on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I thin the fact that we don’t even flinch at this is a big deal in itself.

tomas on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Indeed. We know who Barackabama is, but I have to wonder if anyone in middle America is clutching the pearls.

Beck and Rush will be interesting tomorrow for sure.

SouthernGent on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Obama’s a racist. So, tell me somethin’ new. Haven’t seen anything yet in this that will move the independents where we need to have them. Yes, it confirms what the base well knows, that he’s a liar and he panders, but what in this will move the dial? And, Hannity’s handling of this “blockbuster” (ahem, I jest) is sophomoric, and to do so with a panel of all things, including Juan Williams, is idiotic.

The way to have presented it would be to have Tucker stay in on the whole thing, explaining the importance of this and that, since Hannity is utterly incapable of serious analysis.

Big fail for Drudge, however, for hyping it so much.

TXUS on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I’m listening to the entire speech – it’s not flattering.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

predator on October 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Hannity should have played more of the vid and done less yakking..but that is Hannity for you.

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Juan thinks this video will play well with blacks. Stunning but probably true.

Fallon on October 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Yup…they were not eve paying attention to the elections….there goes the turn out motivator sessions. ACORN 4.0 will be using this vid to get them to put the weed down and go vote.

again…good job Drudge/Hannity/DC.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I can’t stand Juan Williams and I can not stand the jug-eared, purple lipped bast*rd. May they both contract flesh eating bacteria.

the new aesthetic on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Are you really that much of an idiot? Bret Bair’s show is different. Hannity is able to spend a whole hour on this story.

Happy Nomad on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

If this were a news worthy game changer, ANY Fox programming would have dedicated any and all necessary time to cover it.

Oh, and Hannity didn’t dedicate all of his show to this, so your premise is false.

Carnac on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Well, he hasn’t accomplished a single promise in his fake accent speech yet.

smoothsailing on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Hey, put Obama praising wright with wright’s racist anit-american remarks, and you have quite a commercial there. Problem is you gotta to do it. the candidate with an R after his name has to have the spine to do it.

rubberneck on October 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM

FIFY

TxAnn56 on October 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Hannity must be a Dem double agent. Nobody can be that stupid.

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Oh, yes he can!

DrStock on October 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Juan Williams destroyed David Webb two segments in a row….

libfreeordie on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Laughable and sad…. Sends a message of desperation ….but…. but…… Rev. Wright!!!!!!!

NextGen on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

1. Do not dismiss Rev Wright. He played an important role in Obamas’ life.

2.I will put this up again. Until you understand why Obama was a member of Wrights’ church for 20 YEARS! Being indoctrinated into the belief of Black Liberation Theology:

You will not understand Obama and his ideology…

3. He was raised as a Muslim, taught BLT in Wrights church…put 2 and 2 together and you get a clear picture of WHO and WHAT Obama is.

Educate yourselves…

Scrumpy on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

“moneh” for ‘money’ now?

slickwillie2001 on October 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM

…book royalties for JugEars and Mooch is “money”…when it is tax dollars…it is “moneh”!

KOOLAID2 on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Thank God, Liz Cheney’s on and talking about some of the real stuff, the big Benghazi fail.

TXUS on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Well, the point to me is exactly how Tucker reacted to it. Divisive. Hate Whitey. Harmful to Blacks. But that’s what Democrats do. Obama was lying when talking of uniting America. Or he was lying to Blacks.

Any Democrat who dismisses this as a nothing burger can be accused of the same thing. It probably just seems natural to them.

MaggiePoo on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Veterans don’t know how to shop, show up to work on time, how to act appropriately in an office? That’s offensive.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

A very vigorous speech by The One. He ain’t no ways tah-erd.

Rational Thought on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Juan thinks this video will play well with blacks. Stunning but probably true.

Fallon on October 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

because blacks always vote for
a white hating race pimp when he promises to destroy USA .

burrata on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Geraldo Rivera happiest man at Fox tonight

Al Capone’s vault drops to #2 on the fail list

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM

LOL. Hannity with Jeremiah Wright is like Seinfeld’s Mr. Pit and the picture that would transfix him. Apparently, someone has snapped him out of it in time to give Liz Cheney some time with the Benghazi fiasco.

BuckeyeSam on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Juan Williams destroyed David Webb two segments in a row….

libfreeordie on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Not really.

jjrakman on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I’m just holding out hope that Obarky lapses into this stupefyingly bamboozled accent during tomorrows debate.

Slainte on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Maybe that would have helped. As a rule, if you have to explain why something is controversial, more than likely it is not. If I was bored by the yakking, and I love politics, there is no chance that low-info undecideds sat there and listened to the explanation to get the point.

milcus on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Meh. The vid is not particularly revelatory or politically damaging to President Man-Child; the Drive-Bys will dutifully ignore it and even Der Mittmeister will likely pay it no mind and dismiss it with little or no fanfare if the issue is raised.

I expected as much from Hannity – who repeatedly cries “wolf” on the three-hour radio promotion for his FoxNews show (let’s face it, folks: the cable show is where most of his bread is buttered).

Hannity is not a total dimwit…he understands the value of raising the sort of expectation that drives traffic to his cable show.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

i actually think this is pretty good. The slice of the electorate Romney and Obama are fighting over is the white working class slice. Thus the Obama push that Romney doesn’t identify with them has contempt for them. Well guess what so does Obama.

bluesdoc70 on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM

No doubt in Oblahblah’s mind, people jumping off a rooftop to their deaths, rather than being burned to a crisp…

Oh heck, why bother trying to figure out what’s in the mind of that lunatic and liar in the White House?

GrannyDee on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Like I said, this video won’t change anything.

Dante on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

TXUS on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

There’s nothing like an Epic Fail preceding the ONE BIG THING. Only Hannity could screw this up.

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Juan thinks this video will play well with blacks. Stunning but probably true.

Fallon on October 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Well, there goes the 0.000005% of blacks who were on the fence.

farsighted on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Educate yourselves…

Scrumpy on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

EVERYBODY on this board already KNOWS that, Scrumper.

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I thin the fact that we don’t even flinch at this is a big deal in itself.

tomas on October 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Beck and Rush will be interesting tomorrow for sure.

SouthernGent on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I agree…I think that we forget that there are millions of people out there who actually believe that Obama never heard Wright say God Damn America…they actually believe that Obama is not a racist and that he does not have an ax to grind. They might hear something different than we do.

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Okay this health care part needs to go in an ad too.

Bwahhhhh – he’s talking about bankruptcy now

Seriously this speech is full of ad material.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

We who go to conservative blogs and watch fox know all this about Obama so it seems less of a big deal to us.

the liberal blogs and liberal media will also say we already know this.

BUT THE GREAT SUBURBAN WHITE MIDDLE will take this seriously. all we need is to chip 1-2 percent off suburban democratic white vote that will be shocked by this.

gerrym51 on October 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

And now we get Calista?

***face palm***

JPeterman on October 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

heh, lets not even get started. Or on the aftermath. I am no Bush fan..but that was insane.
Nothing else to use? The race card always works.

bazil9 on October 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Juan Williams destroyed David Webb two segments in a row….

libfreeordie on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Right. I saw Juan there, at the end, throwing his hands up in the air, unable to respond to Webb’s points, stammering, stuttering, flailing. But it was the destroying kind of stammering, stuttering, and flailing. Not the other kind.

Rational Thought on October 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

SNAP! That would explain why I like libdie sometimes!

He’s two people! I didn’t know that before tonight.

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I hope HAL chokes on a Daisy or a big brown giant beaver.

bazil9 on October 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

LOL – ObamaCare will give you healthcare the same as people in Congress has. Will bring down premiums by $2500

CAN’T STOP LAUGHING AND THROWING THINGS

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Juan Williams destroyed David Webb two segments in a row….

libfreeordie on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

see….you were right (for once)….no new hotness here….this changes no ones mind…we’re having the same tired arguments.

Tim_CA on October 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Interestingly today I was talking to someone about the various talkers (Rush, Glenn Hannity), and specifically said, “hannity kills me. He’s got his talking points, and give Rev Wright a rest… It doesn’t matter to the people who’s minds need to be changed”. And now this… Groan.

LtGenRob on October 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Juan Williams destroyed David Webb looked like an idiot and Obama lackey for two segments in a row…

liefreelyordie on October 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Fallon on October 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Of course you don’t care.
You a member? Panther bro?
Now..if Mitt went to Klan rallies..oh..you would care.
At least be honest about your bias.
A mans character means a lot..but for you only sometimes.
You and HAL- 2 peas in an effed up pod.

bazil9 on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

You can’s seriously call every Obama supporter a Panther and racist and then ask demand honesty in the next sentence.

lester on October 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

nor on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I think Obama was simply telling his audience they they have hand–and because he’d never do anything for them, they’d need it.

BuckeyeSam on October 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Juan is right. They’ll be using this stupidity to motivate their “flocks” on Sunday to get out the vote. How many ways can I spell DUMB!

Carnac on October 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

lester on October 2, 2012 at 9:44 PM

lester, fine. You win tonight. Let us have it.

Tomorrow is a new day.

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Speak for yourself dickweed. I started listening the moment it was released and I’m still not done. You decided before you even watched it it was a bomb. In its entirety, its the speech of a racist promising a black congregation they’re on a special footing with him, making narrow minded and bigoted generalizations about white people. The fact that he’d almost have say outright that he hates white people to convince someone like you its significant is telling.

smoothsailing on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Can we now discuss the F&F vid that AP posted ^^ please?….God bless him, trying to focus on the important stuff.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on October 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You didn’t want to discuss F&F this morning. Something about Mitt Romney’s tax returns bla bla bla

bernverdnardo1 on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Juan thinks this video will play well with blacks. Stunning but probably true.

I’m sure it will. Its how it plays with suburban liberal whites that matters.

gerrym51 on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Breaking News, in 2007 Obama suggested race may have something to do with the federal government’s slow response to Katrina and its subsequent treatment of those displaced. Absolutely no one else has made a similar argument, ever!

Also isn’t it somewhat racist to assume that Obama meant only black people when referring to “our communities?” Does Hannitty not imagine communities where minority businesspeople live as part of the nation’s community?

Honestly, is there anyway this doesn’t just make the GOP and conservatism look bad by association? You can see in Juan’s joking confidence and David Webb’s desperation eyes. They are *trying* so hard to make something out of nothing. Tucker Carlson was off the telly but quick.

libfreeordie on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

This is the second time Hannity has trotted out some “explosive” audio that fell like a dud.

AYNBLAND on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Really would like him to stop saying God will help him do what he wants.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

And, now, he’s got Calista “Helmet Hair” Gingrich coming up to discuss her new kids book. What a dry hole — not Calista — but the entire silly show. Hannity and Drudge jumped the shark tonight.

TXUS on October 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

milcus on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

All of this might get people to go listen to the whole 40 minutes of Obama shucking and jiving and whining about whitey or whatever. That is the point I think..to get people to listen to the video itself. I have such a low opinion of Obama that I would not have been surprised at anything they might have found, but there are still people out there who are oblivious to a lot of this.

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Huggy-Bear is on Starsky & Hutch, geniuses.

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Wouldn’t have made the joke more funny.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on October 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM

The only surprise to me was how really bad 0bama is at pretending to be ‘black’.

LegendHasIt on October 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM

smoothsailing on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

The full speech is infuriating isn’t it.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:57 PM

***

ManlyRash on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

BuckeyeSam on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Reverend Wright was originally a Muslim, and an associate of Farrakhan (google it). O says Wright introduced him to Christ. But why is it that all these para-Christians or quasi-Christians surround Obama? O says he is “Christian,” but quotes need to be used around Christian, as I just did.

anotherJoe on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

People.

PEOPLE!

It does offer a soundbites Obama would prefer to have left buried, BUT…

The true impact of this is to have the Obama campaign freak out and scramble and derail and slip up IN THEIR RESPONSE to the video.

They got under his skin the night before the FIRST and most IMPORTANT debate. Thin-skinned Obama is now going to pick-pick-pick this scab all night long and all throughout his last day of debate prep.

The real WIN about this hyped video is that Obama is knocked off his stride. He got PSYCHED!

nitzsche on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

ManlyRash on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Charlie Crist on a cross! Where did you come from?

Bishop on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I feel the need to go wash the ick off.

gophergirl on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

No other news source will touch this. It is disturbing to see what an insincere chameleon Obama is, but very few will see this unless they are fans of Drudge or Hannity.

Fallon on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

EVERYBODY on this board already KNOWS that, Scrumper.
Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Excuse ME! I hadn’t picked you out specifically…

Sorry you are offended…

Scrumpy on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Obama’s black dialect just plain creeps me out.

Paul-Cincy on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

At the end of the day, Drudge, Hannity and Tucker win, cause we are all talking about it and watching the video of the phony one making a fool out of himself. How can you say it didn’t work?

rubberneck on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

For everyone saying this is no big deal and it was all hype. Well so what? Anything that shows Obama as the racist he really is..well its all good. Yes we know it. But not everyone does. Heck, I would play every tape I could find if that’s what it takes to get rid of him.
A lot of people aren’t interested in foreign policy, or Libya, or even F & F. Should they be? Of ourse. But they’re too busy worryng about buying gas, keeping their jobs, and getting groceries or paying the rent. But they just might be interested to find out that their President is really some jive talking reparations seeking homie wannabe, who thinks poor people are incapable of doing the basics like showing up for work on time.

Deanna on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Another reason this is good it counter balances the %47 Romney video.

bluesdoc70 on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Looked and sounded like just a racially based version of Obie’s regular 2008 stump speech…that all of us heard ad infinitum.

Other than the forced preacher-like, dialect designed to appeal to church-goin’ black folks, there was nothing new in this long winded diatribe to hurt Obama in this election.

Obama leaked this to play to his sagging black evangelical vote (they do not like gay marriage, period) and distract from this Libya disaster.

marybel on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

So what’s the October surprise, that Obama’s black? LOLZ, EPIC FAIL

red_herring on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

This is a very important tape for the long game. Sure, it may not seem all that exciting and shiny right now, but we are also playing the long game, which is to starting holding the LSM to account for their malpractice.

Every little bit helps. Every chip away at the foundation is important. Don’t negate the power of what was done tonight. It may make no difference to this election, but it makes a HUGE difference in getting the meme back and reducing the power of the media.

Talk to everyone you can and remind them that we were not given this information five years ago. It was kept from us by people who had an agenda. TELL PEOPLE THIS. If we expose the media for what they are, it will only make our jobs easier.

Never forget this.

kim roy on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I expected something big and this was a big Nothingburger.

stingray9813 on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

libfreeordie on October 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Tucker Carlson has the whole 40 minutes up at the Daily Caller. Go listen to your idol pander for votes.

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

And Tamara Holder. I wouldn’d give her an ounce of credence after finding out she was bumping nasties with Jesse Jackson.

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Today, Tamara said she is leaning toward voting for Romney. As for the other thing, ewwwwww.

Night Owl on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

It really was stupid to bring this up now. We had them on the ropes with Libya and F&F.

Who decided it would be a good idea to make it about race again? Todd Aiken?

WisCon on October 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Sorry you are offended…

Scrumpy on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

You can’t offend me, Scrumpers.

But perhaps the reason why everyone here doesn’t think there’s anything here is because we all know what obama is. Even the trolls, thought they’d never admit it.

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

What’s interesting is in some black circles that speech didn’t play very well. Folks thought he was talking down to them when he talked about things they must do, dress right, act right ect…ect…

I’m honestly surprised they hyped the video so much, especially since Tucker played it on his show when he was at MSNBC. Perplexing

NextGen on October 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

MR? You’ve returned for election season? I haven’t seen you since Election Day 2008. BuckeyeSam on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Been busy with this, that and the other thing. I drop in every once in while to amuse myself. It feels good to be remembered.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Nothing we didn’t know came out in the video, and nothing Hannity said about the MSM comes as a shock. However, the MSM will be all over Mitt tomorrow about it, demanding he disavow the ‘hit piece’ done by Fox.

I hope Mitt has the good sense, if asked in the debate, to say he didn’t watch the video and all he knows is that it was an old speech by Obama, so he’s in no position to comment.

But I have to say about Juan Williams’ reaction to it:

Liam on October 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Night Owl on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Maybe obama is too white for her.

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Deanna on October 2, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I think you are right. I really do.

Terrye on October 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM

ManlyRash on October 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

(Lifting the self-ban-hammer)

OMG!!!

Are you back for the elections?

hawkdriver on October 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM

The Times is paying attention:

Obama’s Wright Ties Highlighted Again

rubberneck on October 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Greta’s now running with the video, but she might well be better at dissecting and explaining it since she does understand how to make a case. Doubt her liberal mindset will let her do it, though.

TXUS on October 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM

We’ve paused the show so much that we are way behind. Nothing we didn’t know, but we’ve been paying attention. It might be eye opening for the people who somehow managed to to miss the fact that Obama is a race baiting ho.

TXMomof3 on October 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Of course you don’t care.
You a member? Panther bro?
Now..if Mitt went to Klan rallies..oh..you would care.
At least be honest about your bias.
A mans character means a lot..but for you only sometimes.
You and HAL- 2 peas in an effed up pod.

bazil9 on October 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM

lester on October 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Oh Lester..where did I cans? call every Obama supporter a Panther or a racist? Asked a question..must have hit a nerve eh bro? I also didnt demand anything. Your response shows much.
Your so easy..it is sad. I delight in it though. So thanks. *clink*
Pull the stings and a puppet moves. I made a wager with 2 friends sitting here..I won. lol

bazil9 on October 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM

ManlyRash on October 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Careful how you take that. We remember getalife, too :D

Lanceman on October 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Well, I was in awe of the accent. That thing was all over the place.

J.E. Dyer on October 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Charlie Crist on a cross! Where did you come from? – Bishop on October 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Out of the frying pan. And into the fire, apparently.

ManlyRash on October 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM