Campaigning in California’s 8th district: Night of the living Pelosi

posted at 1:21 pm on October 2, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

John Dennis is running as the Republican challenger to prevent incumbent and U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi from obtaining her 14th term in California’s 8th congressional district seat (he also ran and wasn’t able to unseat her back in 2010), and according to his campaign website, October is the “perfect time for a spooky spoof.” So, what do you think — most bizarre campaign ad of this election season so far?

Apart from remarking on the actress playing Leader Pelosi actually getting a few of her mannerisms pretty spot-on (“Are you serious?”, heh), I’m just going to leave that one alone. As far as I can tell, Pelosi is in no greater danger of losing her seat this time around than the last, so maybe the thinking ran somewhere along the lines of, heck, why not just have some fun with zombies while we can, eh?

Comments

Leftists hate to be mocked.

Mock away.

faraway on October 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

If only he could put out a video where he mumbles for a minute and half. That’d be just great.

lorien1973 on October 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I hate Pelosi… but that was stupid.

brewcrew67 on October 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

WTF?

changer1701 on October 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

DEMON SHEEP!!!!

rockmom on October 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Pelosi will lose her San Francisco district the day that Satan loses hell.

And there isn’t a dime’s difference between the constituencies.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

WTF????

I guess he had to spend his money on something because he sure in heck ain’t unseating that wench.

D-fusit on October 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I hate Pelosi… but that was stupid.

brewcrew67 on October 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Yup.

Dopenstrange on October 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM

They were too kind to Nancy with this actress.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on October 2, 2012 at 1:29 PM

DEMON SHEEP!!!!

rockmom on October 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Aqua Buddha approved this message.

22044 on October 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I liked it!!! This is California- not Iowa. Wouldn’t play in Peoria but it works in follyworld.

1nolibgal on October 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Don’t forget to get yourself an email/password/account out at some of these Lib news sites, and let your voice be heard out there too.

Google News, your local television stations, especially ones in swing states, radio stations, focus on places where the persuadable live and get their news.

Ellen/CBS News/etc would be a good place to pose questions like “I just wish we had more jobs. When are we going to see some relief from these gas prices? Why didn’t he approve the Keystone pipeline,

Get out there and work it Hot Airians, we won’t defeat Pelosi but we need to focus on Ohio, NC, FLA, WISC, Pennsylvania, NV, CO, NM, Oregon.

PappyD61 on October 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

When ya think about it – Pelosi looks more like torn up road asphalt, than some kind of un-dead.

But, the ad did get the Satanist support for Pelosi right.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Pelosi will lose her San Francisco district the day that Satan loses hell.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I remember reading a poll in her district that showed, most of them don’t think she’s liberal enough.

Yeah. When she retires, they’ll send a clone of Pol Pot to take her place.

Rebar on October 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

WTF?

KOOLAID2 on October 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Those idiots in San Francisco will vote for Pelosi even if she’s dead.

GarandFan on October 2, 2012 at 1:38 PM

actress playing Leader Pelosi

Nancy struggles acting human…

hillsoftx on October 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM

PappyD61 on October 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I took one for the team. Donned a bleach suit and signed up for HuffPo.

hillsoftx on October 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

San Fran California is a political joke.

kirkill on October 2, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I wish the man good luck! That district is so over the top psychotic, there’s just no hope for them! These people actually think that Pelosi, talking to the ghost of Susan B. Anthony is what the rest of the government should be doing!
For those following,How to take on the Obama Enemy media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I took one for the team. Donned a bleach suit and signed up for HuffPo.

hillsoftx on October 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

On Halloween night, if you hear a bunch of masked people sounding like Zsa Zsa Gabor, don’t open the door.

It’s a Huffington hit team.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Rebar on October 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I don’t doubt that for one second. They are the filth of this country – I’m sickened that they can be called “Americans.”

OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Obama issues edict to State Dept on Sep28 lifting penalties against N.African nations utilizing child soldiers.

rayra on October 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Well, it is certainly memorable!

Mitsouko on October 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM

PappyD61 on October 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I took one for the team. Donned a bleach suit and signed up for HuffPo.

hillsoftx on October 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

awesome.

BTW,
I just went out and posted a comment at a story on a major news service that was negative to Romney
. I posted as a Peggy Joseph type voter would have commented. They took the story down 10 minutes later. You might try it if you get a chance.

:-)

Let US be the TEANAMI!!

PappyD61 on October 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I took one for the team. Donned a bleach suit and signed up for HuffPo.

hillsoftx on October 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM

It’s a Huffington hit team.

OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Open the door and offer them some TEA!! ;-)

PappyD61 on October 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Open the door and offer them some TEA!! ;-)

PappyD61 on October 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Only Hungarian tea, Dalink!

OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Dennis is great on economics. Superb even.

But his foreign policy is a disaster. He’s an Islamist-appeasor, doesn’t see Islam as a threat to the U.S.

Better to vote for Dennis for sure. But keep in mind he’s a Ron Paulist surrender-tarian. Yuck!

ericdondero on October 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM

That was really bad. And not in a good way. Moronic for anyone even acting like they are in the race in a serious way. I don’t think the problems this country has and the role Pelosi has in bringing them to be is a laughing matter in slightest. We need serious candidates that are ready to take these socialists down. Anyone voting for this jerk should have his or her head examined.

Maxlugar on October 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Nancy Pelosi will no sooner abandon her district than her only constituency that she cares for, namely Beelzebub, votes for her recall. Until then, San Francisco is stuck with the representation they so richly deserve.

Archivarix on October 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Trading one whacky candidate for another is harmless. Especially if the result sends Nan home.

CableDude on October 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Great ad! Talk to the hand! I’m still smiling. They shoulda thrown in a belated “not” reversal … nothing like dead clichés in zombie ad.

And that wrinkly Pelosi neck .. brilliant!

MaxMBJ on October 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I love it, actually. There’s no way she’ll ever lose, so mock away.

LukeinNE on October 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

There’s something about California…

Shy Guy on October 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I encourage John Dennis to adapt my Pelosi spoof (based on “Sarah Palin’s Alaska”)

Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco

We here at TLC realize that our fabulous new hit series Sarah Palin’s Alaska may not appeal to all our viewers. We understand that a substantial segment of the population has no interest in watching Sarah Palin or taking a tour of Alaska.

And so it is with great pleasure that we’d like to announce a new show carefully designed to appeal to those of you who don’t like Sarah Palin, her state, or her values:

Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco

Come join Nancy Pelosi as she shows you around the wild places of her home district. All the sights and sounds of San Francisco, as you’ve never seen them before…with Nancy as your guide!

(Programming note: All the photos and videos in this show were taken in Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco congressional district, and originally posted on zombietime. For real.)

Settle into your couch, and brace yourself for an adventure with Nancy…

Now that might actually blow the race wide open.

Zombie on October 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Pelosi will lose her San Francisco district the day that Satan loses hell.
OhEssYouCowboys on October 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Stop repeating yourself.

VelvetElvis on October 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Oh my, that ad was bad, but I laughed anyway.

RebeccaH on October 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Okay, two thumbs down as far as a political ad. Why? Hasn’t nearly four years of President Snookie taught us we should be looking for serious adults and not somebody who goes on Ellen to dance or goes on late night television to slow jam the news?

Now, given the whack jobs that inhabit Pelosi’s district, this might be favorably receieved as performance art. They won’t vote for him but at least they’ll be entertained.

Happy Nomad on October 2, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Stop repeating yourself Stop dissing Satan.

VelvetElvis on October 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

FIFY

Happy Nomad on October 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Where is a Pelosi Galore ad?

Wade on October 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco

Zombie on October 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Why isn’t Mo on the butt-plug list?

slickwillie2001 on October 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM

California.

KMC1 on October 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM

bad, really bad

albill on October 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Entertaining. But wait–all that free contraception, birth control, abortion services and the working population increased to 500 million? Only in Nannygoat’s universe.

stukinIL4now on October 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Okay, it must be my age or something…but that was weird, than I watched it again, and it was still weird, so I am sure I will watch it again.

The Pelosi actress, spot on, and the zombie dems, spot on…only in California…

right2bright on October 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco

Zombie on October 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

The Folsom Fair, this is what I bring up any time a gay poster starts strutting their stuff about being dissed and not taken seriously.

When they can denounce this type of activity, demand it to stop, than gay rights can have a seat at the table, until then, they are a joke.

right2bright on October 2, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Where is a Pelosi Galore ad?
Wade on October 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Wade, you owe me a bottle of brain-bleach for that. I’ll let you off easy – Johnnie Walker Black.

drunyan8315 on October 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Nancy now has the 12th District, after redistricting. The new 8th is a huge, sparsely populated swath of southeast California including Death Valley. I always vote against Nancy, so I guess Dennis whatsisname has my vote. I don’t mind voting for sure-loser Republicans, but I can’t see a reason to vote for Romney over Gary Johnson for president. Better yet, Sabean/Bochy 2012.

Jobius on October 3, 2012 at 4:27 AM