Good news: If you were waiting for celebrity encouragement to vote, you just got the green light

posted at 9:21 pm on October 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

I feel like we saw a new celebrity “voting (for Obama) is cool!” vid appear every other day during campaign ’08. This year, not so much. What happened? Is Hollywood sincerely disappointed in the politics of Hopenchange, or is this a simple case of there being less hipness-by-association to be mined from his fading brand? Or maybe I’m selling them short. Maybe they’re saving the stunt endorsements for the last five or six weeks.

Anyway, something new from the studiously “nonpartisan” Vote4Stuff campaign, featuring a galaxy of your favorite left-wing stars. They’re not telling you who or what to vote for, they just want you to vote. For anything you like: Gay marriage, higher taxes, climate-change regulation, “reproductive rights” — the possibilities are endless. The thinking here, I assume, is that you don’t need to be overtly partisan when you know in advance that the only demographic that might respond to this pitch already favors your guy by a 30-point margin. If young voters turn out, a heavy majority are voting for Obama. His problem is that that’s a major question mark right now, whereas the decidedly pro-Republican 65-and-over set will be there at the polls come rain or shine, without question. And a good thing too, or else conservatives would need to fund some sort of “nonpartisan” video urging seniors to turn out starring Robert Duvall, Jon Voight, Chuck Norris, and Wilford Brimley. Which, now that I think about it … would potentially be the greatest political ad ever.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

And yet Hotair continues to worship the words of Ted Nugent.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Yeah,I know, right? We have what, ten, eleven Ted Nugent threads a day?

hawkdriver on October 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
———-

Nahh, just one per month is more than enough to for a conviction of star f*cking and hypocrisy.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM

And yet Hotair continues to worship the words of Ted Nugent.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Yeah,I know, right? We have what, ten, eleven Ted Nugent threads a day?

hawkdriver on October 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM
———-

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Unsurprisingly you fail to mention that Nugent gives a ton to the community through various charities and through foundations he’s started. He puts his money where his mouth is, supporting the troops and yes, promoting safe use of firearms and other weapons. He’s also been known to

I rocked out to his music when I was a younger man, but I love that he has matured into a upstanding contributing citizen; not a common path in the industry.

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Like the “comedy” movies that have inundated us for the past few years, this isn’t funny. People acting stupid and then telling me to vote for “stuff” is like …stupid people telling me to vote, their way, for their issues. Ach! Since when did we turn to Hollywood for intelligence? Oh, yeah, since the 60s…fekkin’ hippies.

allstonian on October 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM
————

I’m commenting on Hotair’s star f*cking and hypocrisy, not on how many brownies a celebrity bakes for the school bake sale. Every celebrity gives to the community. Yawn.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Vote4Stuff?

Really?

That’s exactly what the left wants. For people to vote for “stuff”. They can get their ReaganPhone ObamaPhone or maybe some ObamaMoney from his stash? Maybe some “free” birth control.

Vote for “stuff” indeed.

ButterflyDragon on October 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I know you love to say star f*cking because it’s all edgy, but please explain your point. Where’s the hypocrisy exactly? Is HotAir using Ted Nugent to pimp the site? I miss your reference.

Oh, and please use another cuss word with an asterisk. Edgy is the new hip.

Really.

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Oh, and please use another cuss word with an asterisk. Edgy is the new hip.

Really.

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 10:20 AM
——–
Hey Captain Dense:

Celebrities cheerlead for Obama: Hotair mocks and shits on them

Nugent cheerleads for Romney (Obama = 1000 years of darkness, etc etc), Hotair puts on the kneepads

You still probably don’t get it, but that’s okay.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Yeah, vote for stuff. Like vote for a president who doesn’t hate the country he lives in. How about voting for a senator who isn’t a raging communist. Or why not vote for a congresscritter who actually understands that neverending deficits might not be the smartest thing in the world to do.
Or how about you don’t vote since you have no sense whatsoever that voting is a serious action with adult implications when stupid children think it’s just a silly game.

smfic on October 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM

allstonian on October 2, 2012 at 9:29 AM

When I first saw the still picture, I thought this would be one of those typical serious Hollywood-types with a serious purpose, purposefully telling us to do our part to seriously save society. Then it turned out to be a bunch of A- trending to B-listers yukking it up about voting, and I wondered to myself, what demographic exactly are they targeting? This was below low-information, this was almost negative-information. The bit about propositions was especially scary.

My only hope is that their target demo isn’t large enough to make a difference, because if it is we’re already lost.

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

You still probably don’t get it, but that’s okay.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM

You’re right, I don’t get it. Nugent says something conservative, Hot Air is okay with it, idiot Hollyweirds say something stupid, Hot Air says it’s stupid.

Where is the hypocrisy?

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Where is the hypocrisy?

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I’m looking specifically for responses to his “dead or in jail” remark, which in my opinion was out of line. Was there a bunch of Hot Air support for it? Portnoy’s column was pretty middle of the road, and I didn’t see much else.

Now, if Nugent says something reasonable and Conservative (which he does pretty often), I don’t see why folks here wouldn’t back him up.

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM

You still probably don’t get it, but that’s okay.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Oh, and as far as not getting it, that would be you.

First off, the 1000 years of darkness came from a video by Chuck Norris, not Ted Nugent. And second, Chuck was quoting Ronald Reagan.

Yeah, I’m okay with Chuck quoting Reagan.

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I enjoy being hectored by people who weren’t even born the first time I voted.

the wolf on October 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM

The story of Stuff.

Ever see this?

Isn’t it ironic that they hate stuff and capitalism and they want to give away free phones and free internet access and free EBT cards and free housing and free $5.00 per gallon oil heat?

Fleuries on October 2, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I wonder if they’ll use a submission as follows:

“Here’s what I vote for, and what every American should vote for:

~ Limited government. Making real cuts to bloated, wasteful, valueless programs will do more to reduce the debt, faster, than any tax increase ever could. Reduce spending, as every American must when faced with limited finances.

~ Limited government. Roll back business-killing, profit-strangling regulations which are more often designed by politicians and lobbyists to pick winners and losers, than to actually fix or help anything. Cut the opportunities for crony capitalism and the power of foreign special interests.

~ Limited government. Term limits for Senators and Representatives. Everyone says “Throw the bums out”, but more than half of the members of Congress today have been in place for more than 15 years, spending more effort on remaining in place than in serving their constituency.

~ Limited government. End the practice of handing law-enforcement powers to non-elected political appointees. Eliminate non-essential cabinet and subordinate positions which hold non-Constitutional authority over citizens’ way of life.

The Constitution guarantees rights, and establishes limits on government. Every federal employee and appointee takes an oath to protect and defend it, and most of them ignore it. I vote for anyone who stands behind it and lives up to it.”

Freelancer on October 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM

So sick of the phrase “women’s reproductive rights”, when what they ACTUALLY mean is taxpayers funding the abortion and contraception costs of women who want somebody else to pay for it.

Murf76 on October 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I’d rather take voting advice from one Thomas Sowell than a thousand left-wing Hollywood crackheads.

CrustyB on October 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Celebrities cheerlead for Obama: Hotair mocks and shits on them

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM

You may think crudeness gets your point across, but in truth, it only makes you look crude.

zoyclem on October 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM

zoyclem on October 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM
——-
Awww.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

zoyclem on October 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM

——-
Awww.

Dave Rywall on October 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

It’s all he’s got, zoyclem. Crudeness and Lefty talking points. He can’t even cite current events correctly.

AJsDaddie on October 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I want to vote for this:

Does Allah have the best headline on the internet?

I vote YES!

For years I’ve been laughing at his witty headlines. He needs an award for this skill. I’m serious. Headline writing is a skill.

Skidd on October 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I will never forgive Paula Deen. I cancelled her.

bazil9 on October 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Wow, what did she do???

I don’t watch TV at home, so the only time I get to watch the food channel or the home and garden channel is when I’m at the dentist’s office. (My dentist is such a cool guy. He’s a demigod of dentistry. :-) )

Mary in LA on October 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I’m halfway through this disaster and I just realized that every single one of these people is allowed to vote, and that their votes count just as much as a normal person.

God help us. God help us all.

RINO in Name Only on October 15, 2012 at 10:43 PM