Video: Rice skipped Netanyahu speech at the UN

posted at 12:01 pm on September 28, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

First, the US delegation decides to stick around for one of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s speeches at the UN, and then the highest-ranking US diplomat at Turtle Bay takes a powder when Israel’s Prime Minister gets up to speak.  Instead, UN Ambassador Susan Rice chose to attend a luncheon in which she wasn’t even the highest-ranking American diplomat.  If I didn’t know any better, I’d say there’s a message being sent by the Obama administration, and both Greta Van Susteren and John Bolton agree:

Katie Pavlich puts this in perspective:

At a time when Iran is closer than ever to a nuclear weapon, it seems our U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. doesn’t really care about the only true democracy in the Middle East, Israel. Just like this administration doesn’t seem to care about using the word terrorism to describe the war we are in. This move by Rice came just days after President Obama blew Netanyahu off so he could go party with Jay-Z, Beyonce, the ladies from The View and David Letterman.

I must say that if I’d been told three years ago that the Obama administration’s UN delegation would attend an Ahmadinejad speech and snub Benjamin Netanyahu, I’d have scoffed at the notion.  Not even this administration could be that tone-deaf and arrogant, I’d have said.  And I’d have been wrong.

Update: There seems to be some confusion in the comments.  There were two speeches by Ahmadinejad at the UN — we attended the first and skipped the second, which is why I wrote “one of Ahmadinejad’s speeches.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Smart Power being used smartly. If you wing ding dongs understood the multi-dimensional geopolitical chess being played by Barky, then maybe you could talk.

Bishop on September 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Just some more of that “Smart Diplomacy” from The Chosen One.

GarandFan on September 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

And today CNN is playing up how important Dear Leader’s phone call to Bibi is…
John Bolton…”One more brick in the wall”…

d1carter on September 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Meet with Mitt, Ben. He would be a leader that takes the American/Israeli partnership seriously.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

And yet he leads Romney in virtually every poll?? WTFO?

bernzright777 on September 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Remarkable, I am stunned…it was I can’t believe that Hillary is even that stupid…unbelievable…

right2bright on September 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Who cares? Mitt will be meeting with Bibi later today. The press is making up his gaffes as I type.

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Oh, would that be the ‘geopolitical chess’ that got our Ambassador killed?

GarandFan on September 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Bishop on September 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

And, here I was thinking the woman in that cell phone video was unconcerned about international affairs.

The Count on September 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

rice probably skipped Bibi’s speech because the truth was being told and that is foreign to her as anyone from bho on down in his team! The whole bunch are a pack of liars!
L

letget on September 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I cannot wait until these people are fired November 6th and leave their offices once and for all on January 20th, 2013.

They imperil world peace and this nation’s safety and prosperity.

thatsafactjack on September 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

“Israel? Isn’t that one of our 57 states?”
/Obama Administration

Bitter Clinger on September 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Its amateur hour at the White House. I cant wait until the adults are in charge again.

Jack_Burton on September 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

This has gotta be Bush’s Fault.

Del Dolemonte on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I must say that if I’d been told three years ago that the Obama administration’s UN delegation would attend an Ahmadinejad speech and snub Benjamin Netanyahu, I’d have scoffed at the notion. Not even this administration could be that tone-deaf and arrogant, I’d have said. And I’d have been wrong.

I have to confess, Ed, that as horrible a President as I expected Obama to be, it’s amazing how much worse he’s turned out. And I blame our media and the American public at large. If you enable this kind of behavior by excusing it or ignoring it altogether, what the hell do you expect? What’s truly frightening is how emboldened this man will be if he’s rewarded with another term.

Doughboy on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

The Administration is quickly becoming as scary in foreign policy as it is at Justice.

besser tot als rot on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

And, 65% of the Jewish vote is still for Barry Obungler? The Koolaid must be strong.

Slainte on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

If you would have told me that there would still be a large patch of Americans that would still be on the fence about whether or not to reelect this man, I would have thought that you had smoked one of Barney’s brownies.

sandlin71 on September 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Streaming El RushBo!

The Rush Limbaugh Show on IQ 106.9

canopfor on September 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

What’s next Susan? Are you going to have doubts about the Holocaust?

Rovin on September 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

This gov. is embarrassing.

Blake on September 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Doughboy on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

The media is committing gross negligence. It is simply amazing. I never thought I’d see it this bad. Again. Simply amazing.

besser tot als rot on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Come on folks, give Rice a break, her Jew-English translator was broken.

slickwillie2001 on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

The truth to Ms. Rice is like a cross to a vampire.

tommyboy on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

The Count on September 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Look closer at the video, her shirt says “I ♥ Bobby Fischer”.

Bishop on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Man did Dinish D’Souza ever nail it or what? Can’t wait for his syndicated media empire to blossom.

DanMan on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

And yet he leads Romney in virtually every RIGGED poll?? WTFO?

bernzright777 on September 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Clarity.

VegasRick on September 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM

OK, this is getting ridiculous. There’s no way this is an accident. We are flat out telling the Iranians that we are going to throw the Israelis under the bus.

Disgusting.

KevinB on September 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM

another good Rush link with occasional Shirley Q. Licquor ads thrown in…

DanMan on September 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM

The Patternization of the Hopey/Changey Stellar Foreign Policy,

appears to be,

that they/them,and those Liberals,think,its Israel,
that is thee problem!

And,so far,Obama Administration and Voters,

MIRROR OBAMA’S Brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on September 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Obama is awesome…. hes doing great in the polls
-lsm

UN SCHMUN

cmsinaz on September 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I don’t get it, what does this administration have against Jews anyway? And why do Jews keep voting for the guy? Why should folks like me give a crap about Israel after November if Obama gets re-elected and a majority if Jews vote for him again?

rollthedice on September 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

What escapes me is a plurality of the Jewish vote is going for Obama.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Tenwheeler on September 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Bishop on September 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Smart Power my ass, this is the Muslim-in-Chief’s anti-Semitic agenda on public display.

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

No one should be surprised. Look at BO’s background, his affiliations and policies. The information has always been available.

What is surprising is to see how people have ignored the obvious. Why assume that simply because this man got elected to POTUS his worldview and prejudices have changed?

He is what he is, and he’s been telling us for years where his sympathies lie.

This isn’t a question of being “tone-deaf” or merely arrogant. It’s right in front of everyone. The problem is that no one wants to admit it and call him out.

Cody1991 on September 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Slainte on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

They’re liberals first, Jews second. In order to really turn the Jewish vote away from Obama you’d need some public, naked Jew hatred coming out of his mouth. Like a video tape the LA Times has locked in their basement.

bannor on September 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Slainte on September 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

As the media points out at every opportunity, Bibi’s own people are weak in their support of his bombing Iran at this time.

They have bought the sanctions’ plan and are betting lives on it.

If the sanctions work, I shall sing O’s praises.

It will be about the first time in world history.

IlikedAUH2O on September 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

besser tot als rot on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

It’s far worse than 2008. Not only does Obama have a disastrous record that they’re ignoring or spinning, but people are actually dead because of this administration’s policies. And we’re not talking a war where casualties are to be expected. Fast & Furious and the Benghazi attack have body counts and no one in the media seems to care or even be aware of what’s going on.

Is it really gonna take a dirty bomb going off in a major US city or a complete economic collapse for these people to finally understand that there are some things more important than an obsession with a politician?

Doughboy on September 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I don’t understand why you keep posting these as if you expect the administration to take Netanyahu and his bratty attitude seriously. Why on earth would Susan Rice waste her time listening to that speech when she could be doing something productive? We all know there will be zero cooperation between the two administrations, we’ve known for a long time. Why the surprise?

ernesto on September 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM

What escapes me is a plurality of the Jewish vote is going for Obama.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Tenwheeler on September 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

So I’m not the only one?

bannor on September 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

it’s like a Panda that won’t screw to save it’s own species? Again, I ask why anyone else should care then?

rollthedice on September 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Susan Rice ‏@AmbassadorRice

My message to you & those of your remarkable generation is this: whatever path you choose, set the bar high.

canopfor on September 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM

besser tot als rot on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM

No, this is not gross negligence, this is intentional malfeasance.

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Having lunch with Hillary, who didn’t need a companion, and the other 5 morons, was more significant.

Jews, especially in America, wake up, fools.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Fundamentally transforming America…he said he would do it…and he is.

d1carter on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Bishop on September 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

“multi-dimensional geopolitical chess” What a joke!

“Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over all the pieces, cr@p on the board, and strut around the table looking victorious.”

:-)

Nana on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Susan Rice: “But I was really hungry.”

Hill60 on September 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM

But Obama let Ahmi park his plane at Andrews, having been there concurrent with Obama. Oh, yes, they’re brothers.

Wake up America.

Wake up Jews.

He hates you all.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Sorry, here’s the link.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:20 PM

What escapes me is a plurality of the Jewish vote is going for Obama.

Can someone please explain this to me?

Tenwheeler on September 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Yeah, I can. Most American Jews, especially of urban kind, hate their parents. It’s a psychological complex that feeds generations of shrinks. So, by extension, they hate the country that represents their parents. Better now?

Archivarix on September 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Obama falsely believes that he is omnipotent and omniscient.

The media gives him a free pass on everything he does, or does not do.

May he and the media lose their jobs and be mocked out of town, for good, so that such hoaxes never be repeated upon the land and the world.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

This is what happens when you have The Muslim Brotherhood pulling the strings

retiredeagle on September 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

This administration is simply blowing off the entire Mid-East.
They have no interest in being involved there unless events dictate they say/do something.
The results are the proof as they are consistantly behind the power curve over there.
For all their Yak-yak about Israel, their reactions only embolden those who would destroy her.
Listening to this administration talk is a waste of time.

Jabberwock on September 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

ernesto on September 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM

A luncheon, already being attended by someone who outranks Rice?

Come on, you know how much appearances can matter in these sorts of things whether it’s sending an aircraft carrier to casually loiter in someone’s neighborhood or attending/not attending a speech. Enemies and friends notice.

Bishop on September 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

No, this is not gross negligence, this is intentional malfeasance.

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yes, it is. That’s exactly what it is.

At this point I can’t decide whether or not they’re pushing for his reelection because they think he’s done a good job or if they’re realizing how badly they have discredited themselves and chose to cover it up. They surely don’t want to admit to gross negligence even though they have been exposed.

In the end it doesn’t matter. The MSM continues to advocate for a failure with no regard for the consequences and the people who are bearing the brunt of his policies.

I despise the MSM with a white hot passion.

Cody1991 on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Ed,

Please direct me to a report that shows that the Obama administration’s UN delegation attended Ahmadinejad’s speech. All the reporting I see is that it was boycotted.

Longing4Lincoln on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

She’ll likely take Hillary’s job in a 2nd Obama term, though Kerry hallucinates about it.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Cody1991 on September 28, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I agree. This is what he WANTS to happen. It’s what he’s wanted from the beginning. He’s doing it across multiple areas–foreign policy, economy, immigration, banking, regulation…

ALL of it. He’s trying to collapse the system and to him, preferably the whole U.S. and quite possibly the world. Why others insist on excusing this as “tone deaf” or “arrogant” is simply beyond me.

UnderstandingisPower on September 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM

They aren’t tone-deaf.
They are pitch-perfect to the Muslim Brotherhood and the Cordoba Initiative.

ITguy on September 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Obama has made it quite clear where his administration’s loyalties lie-to our Islamofascist enemies.Treason!

redware on September 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

ernesto on September 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM

And I’m sure that you agree with her. You will not be the last to be eaten, that is for sure.

VegasRick on September 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Obama has the maturity of a middle school bully. Nothing he likes better than to throw a passive aggressive message at someone who’s displeased him.

BettyRuth on September 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM

What is it with the Bark Posse’s problem with the Israelis? Aside from the fact that Bibi has repeatedly made Barky look like the idiot he is?

CorporatePiggy on September 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

To say this Administration stinks on ice, is an understatement.

Smart Power! is neither.

They are playing a dangerous game with our country’s sovereignty and our very lives.

kingsjester on September 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

So I’m wondering about Bibi? The Mossad are some of the best “under cover” operations in the World. I have a feeling they will soon be fully unleashed. Bibi sees the handwriting on the wall about this election and is willing to wait and see if Romney can be elected. If not we shall see what happens…

sandee on September 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Doesn’t there have to be a vote for SOS? I’m not seeing Ms. Rice passing muster.

BettyRuth on September 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Bratty attitude, ernesto?

Suppose the shoe was on the other foot, shall we? With Israel threatening Iran and Iraq and others with annihilation and nuclear attack. Would you consider Dinner Jacket saying the same things about Israel that Bibi is saying about Iran “bratty”?

Is facing down a religion and a group of countries who threaten your nation with destruction on a daily basis “bratty”? Is self-defense “bratty”?

It’s obvious the Obammer bunch do not take this seriously, but anyone who thinks about it longer than 5 minutes will get cold chills at the thought of Iranian mullahs having the bomb at their disposal.

jclittlep on September 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Ed,

Longing4Lincoln on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

You’re right. Even HA’s AP reported on it, here.

Oh, and just to follow up on Monday’s post: The United States delegation did not attend.

— Allahpundit

posted at 4:41 pm on September 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

UnderstandingisPower on September 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Same here. It makes my blood boil.

There’s a real world out here that no one seems to understand. Giving this man the benefit of the doubt, feigning surprise at his actions, and discussing all of it with naivete makes me furious.

There are days when I can’t read the “pundits”, and frankly, if this was anyone other than Ed, I would be ripping them to shreds.

I’m going for a walk…. just can’t take it anymore.

Cody1991 on September 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Pssssssssssssst…..

the White House doesn’t want to acknowledge a terrorist attack,
because Biden,was Obama’s ACE IN THE HOLE,to sell to the American
people,

that the Democrats could handle National Security,er,I mean OBAMA!
==================================================================

Obama’s Pick Adds Foreign Expertise to Ticket
Published: August 23, 2008
***************************

WASHINGTON — Senator Barack Obama introduced Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. as his running mate on Saturday at a boisterous rally in Springfield, Ill., a choice that

strengthens the Democratic ticket’s credentials on foreign policy
******************************************************************

and provides Mr. Obama a combative partner as he heads into the fight with Senator John McCain.

In Mr. Biden, Mr. Obama selected a six-term senator from Delaware

best known for his expertise on foreign affairs —
*************************************************

Mr. Biden spent last weekend in Georgia as that nation engaged in a tense confrontation with Russia — but also for his skills at political combat. Mr. Obama passed over other candidates who might have brought him a state or reinforced the message of change that has been central to his candidacy.

At the rally outside the Old State Capitol where Mr. Obama announced his candidacy 19 months ago, he described Mr. Biden as a man ready to be president. And he offered a passionate and politically instructive introduction of Mr. Biden: the portrait of a running mate who

filled in what many Democrats have described as the political shortcomings of Mr. Obama.
==========================
(More….)

canopfor on September 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

After being sent out to blatantly lie to the press, Susan Rice is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the Obama administration. She will do whatever she is told to do.

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Jews in this nation who vote for Obama are sending a message too. They are perfectly happy to help Israel’s enemies with the next example of Jewish genocide.

Who knew that “Never Again” came with an expiration date.

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

What’s the definition of Traitor?

FYI, In other news that no one will see on that stupid thing called the economy.

The Institute for Supply Management-Chicago’s PMI gauge sunk to 49.7 in September from 53 in August, suggesting the Midwest manufacturing sector shrunk for the first time since September 2009. Economists expected the closely-watched indicator to hold steady for the month.

“Given manufacturing’s importance to the recovery thus far, the slowdown is most unwelcome,” Dan Greenhaus, chief global strategist at BTIG wrote in a note to clients.

Good thing we’ve got such professional smarty peoples watching out fer us.

PappyD61 on September 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Obama is doing to Jewish voters what he’s done to black voters. Take them for granted. I saw a poll today among Jewish people that said Israel is 4th on their list of priorities. If they don’t care why should Obama? In fact if most Jewish voters don’t care that much about Israel why should non-Jews care more?
If the US has as much shale oil and gas as we’ve been told, in 10 years we could be almost self sufficient in the stuff which means we really don’t care all that much what the people of the Mideast do to each other.
Israel is on its own under Obama and quite likely no matter which party is in power in just a few short years.

richardb on September 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

UnderstandingisPower on September 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Indeed. The signs were there in 2007 and 2008, for those who had eyes to see…

But my journey is part of a larger journey- one shared by all who’ve ever sought to apply the values of their faith to our society. It’s a journey that takes us back to our nation’s founding, when none other than a UCC church inspired the Boston Tea Party and helped bring an Empire to its knees.

- Barack Hussein Obama
June 23, 2007

Assault Hope: From Jakarta to the White House

ITguy on September 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Would you mind saying “there’s no way Marvel would be stupid enough to replace Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury”?

I just can’t relate to a libtard in that role….he’s ruining it for me.

Thanks in advance!

Your Pal

Tim

Tim_CA on September 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

You will never get real freedom and recognition between black and white people in this country without destroying the country, without destroying the present political system, without destroying the present economic system, without rewriting the entire constitution. It will be a complete destruction of everything that America supposedly stands for.

Malcolm X

Only Malcolm X’s autobiography seemed to offer something different. His repeated acts of self-creation spoke to me. The blunt poetry of his words. His unadorned insistence on respect. He promised a new and uncompromising order, martial in its discipline.

Barack Hussein Obama

Hear these quotes spoken by those two men.

ITguy on September 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

No, this is not gross negligence, this is intentional malfeasance.

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM

No, this is neither. This is the MSM peforming in its self-assumed role as the media arm of the DNC and the Obama administration. It is not negligent in its actions in doing this, it is performing this function extremely well. If the administration and DNC had needed to create a propaganda arm, they could not have designed and developed a more effective and pervasive organization. As far as malfeasance, that is only true if the media considered itself to be instilled with the responsibility to report news rather than to shape opinion. Now, most Americans would state that they think the press is to be reporting news, but that is not the role that the MSM has designated for itself.

One can say the the MSM is committing fraud by claiming to be reporters and journalists rather than the function they are performing in their self-appointed role as the DNC communication directorate.

AZfederalist on September 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM

The US did watch dinner jackets first rant, I mean speech. They boycotted the second. The fact that our UN ambassador did not stay for Bibis speech speaks volumes…

sandee on September 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

reverend wright is pleased.

VegasRick on September 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I think it is more frightening to realize that they think the American public won’t care. They must think it is true.

Cindy Munford on September 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Ed,

Longing4Lincoln on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Here, from AP:

The U.S. delegation did not walk out of Monday’s meeting, as it has in the past when Iran attacked Israel directly.

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Don’t worry, in the next Presidential Debate, Obama will offer to meet Netanyahu with no preconditions.

Curtiss on September 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

This is part of a calculated effort to undermine Netanyahu in Israel, conceivably with Ehud Barak’s connivance, and to deprive the GOP of one of its most high-profile foreign friends. The Israeli public is highly susceptible to American political blackmail; few Israeli leaders could survive the perception that their behavior was endangering relations with Washington. In other words, the Chicago Way is alive and well.

Seth Halpern on September 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Nu?

Who was at the big Yom Kippur Break Fast at the White House?

Ben Hur on September 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Are we surprised?
Did the Iranians skip it, as well?

listens2glenn on September 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

So Romney is supposed to talk to Bibi today? Can’t wait for the media to say it is inappropriate for him to so . Here comes the “Romney yet again steps in it” … Gafffffffes.

sandee on September 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Who knew that “Never Again” came with an expiration date.

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I’ve asked Jewish friends of mine who voted for Obama in 2008 if they plan to vote for him again and while they look a little uncomfortable about it, they still plan to. I ask them how they can with Obama’s complete lack of respect for Israel, and they just don’t believe that anything will happen. They don’t believe that there is an actual danger. These kinds of “threats” have gone on for years and they don’t (haha) think Iran is serious. And anyway, Barry is cool.

BettyRuth on September 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

BTW, Terrorism was just a blip in this survey. And according to the polling over 70% want “change” but Obama still leads in the poll?

HUH?

The latest Fox News poll finds the race for the White House holds steady, with 48 percent of likely voters backing the Obama-Biden ticket and 43 percent backing the Romney-Ryan ticket, if the election were held today. That’s unchanged from two weeks ago, after the Democratic convention.

Romney was preferred by one percentage point (45-44 percent) before the two conventions (August 19-21).

The president’s advantage is within the poll’s margin of sampling error.

With six weeks until the election, the poll shows Romney supporters continue to be more enthusiastic, although the gap has narrowed. By a four percentage-point spread, Romney backers are more likely than Obama supporters to say it’s “extremely” important their candidate wins. Before the conventions Romney had a 10-point enthusiasm edge (August 19-21, 2012).

The Republican challenger’s supporters continue to be more interested: 62 percent are “extremely” interested in the election, while 52 percent of Obama supporters say the same. That translates into a 3-point preference for Romney among voters “extremely” interested in the race (49-46 percent).

In addition, even as Obama’s post-convention bounce holds, about a quarter of voters (24 percent) want the country to “mostly stay on the course it’s on,” while 73 percent say “many policies need to change.” Almost all Republicans (95 percent) and most independents (77 percent) think policies need to change, as do just over half of Democrats (51 percent).

The vote preference among independents is also unchanged from two weeks ago: 43 percent back Obama and 39 percent Romney. Nearly one in five is undecided.

The Fox News poll is based on live telephone interviews on landlines and cell phones from September 24 to September 26 among 1,092 randomly-chosen likely voters nationwide. Likely voters are registered voters who are considered most likely to vote in the November presidential election. The poll is conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R). For the total sample, it has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points. The poll is weighted by age and race; it is not weighted by party identification.

PappyD61 on September 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Are we surprised?
Did the Iranians skip it, as well?

listens2glenn on September 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Well, one of Adinnerjackets toadies did get the hell beat out of him on the street in New York, that ought to count for something.

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

PssssssssssssssssssssT Part Deux!

December 21, 2007, 9:23 pm
Obama Defends Foreign Policy Credentials
****************************************

WASHINGTON, Iowa – At a town hall meeting here tonight, Senator Barack Obama defended his foreign policy credentials, saying

his service on the Foreign Relations Committee and his judgment should allay any voter concerns about his experience.
*******************************************************

“Even by the standards of Washington,” Mr. Obama said,
*******************************************************

“I have worked more with foreign policy than,
**********************************************

let’s say Bill Clinton had, when he became president,
******************************************************

or Ronald Reagan
*****************

– he was governor at the time.”

In the final two weeks of the campaign here, presidential candidates are working to answer lingering questions from voters. A recurring question for Mr. Obama – and other contenders – is experience. It’s one of the leading themes of the closing arguments his Democratic rivals are presenting in their television ads, particularly Senators Christopher Dodd and Joseph R. Biden Jr., both of whom tout their decades of service in Congress.

So tonight when Mr. Obama took questions from an audience of several hundred people gathered in a school gymnasium in this eastern Iowa town, he informed the crowd that he had drawn the support of several advisers from the Clinton administration.

“There are more foreign policy experts from the Clinton administration supporting me, than Senator Clinton,” he said. “Why is the national security adviser of Bill Clinton, the Secretary of the Navy of Bill Clinton, ah, you know, Assistant Secretary of State for Bill Clinton. Why are all these people endorsing me? It’s not just because I give a good speech.

They apparently believe
***********************

that my vision of foreign policy is better suited for the 21st Century.”
***********
===============
(More….)

canopfor on September 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Thanks, Fallon. So this was in a separate, focused meeting, and not an address to the General Assembly. The US should certainly have walked out, but I still think Ed is comparing apples to oranges up top. It’s a little misleading.

Longing4Lincoln on September 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

BettyRuth on September 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Well, all of the Jewish folks that I know won’t even admit that they voted for obambi in the first place so there is that.

VegasRick on September 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

They apparently believe
***********************

that my vision of foreign policy is better suited for the 21st Century.”
***********
===============
(More….)

canopfor on September 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Personally I’m betting it has to do with pay checks and the fact that they are all evil and stupider than a bucket of used camel snot.

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Jeez! This whole scum administration needs to be cleaned out and the WH scrubbed with disinfectant. Typical of marxist, progressive, liberals. I fail to understand why the idiot Jewish vote leans towards oba-mao. Are they so stupid? Incredible, you couldn’t make this stuff up!

ultracon on September 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Obama has taken off the mask, folks.

Obama is a Muslim.

portlandon on September 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

That was a high level meeting, not Ahmi’s speech to the UN.

Schadenfreude on September 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

reverend wright is pleased.

VegasRick on September 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM