Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on September 28, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Extremists from groups linked to al Qaida struck the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in a “deliberate and organized terrorist attack,” the top U.S. intelligence agency said Friday, as it took responsibility for the Obama administration’s initial claims that the deadly assault grew from a spontaneous protest against an anti-Islam video.

The unusual statement from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence appeared to have two goals: updating the public on the latest findings of the investigation into the assault, and shielding the White House from a political backlash over its original accounts.

“In the immediate aftermath (of the assault), there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo,” spokesman Sean Turner said in the statement. “We provided that initial assessment to executive branch officials and members of Congress, who used that information to discuss the attack publicly.”

***

On Sept. 12, the day after the attack, White House press secretary Jay Carney was asked whether “the attack in Benghazi was planned and premeditated.” “It’s too early for us to make that judgment,” Carney said.

The next day, Sept. 13, State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland subtly pointed to a YouTube video as possibly creating a motivation for the attack. …

We certainly don’t know, we don’t know otherwise,” said Carney. “You know, we have no information to suggest that it was a preplanned attack. The unrest we’ve seen around the region has been in reaction to a video that Muslims, many Muslims, find offensive. And while the violence is reprehensible and unjustified, it is not a reaction to the 9/11 anniversary that we know of or to U.S. policy.”

***

What did they know and when did they know it?

This Washington cliché has become the question of the hour, or at least it would be if the mainstream media could feign interest in the terrorist attack against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and anti-American rioting throughout the Middle East and North Africa. …

Never mind that a fourth-grader could see that the Libya attack was anything but a spontaneous riot over an Internet video the administration, following the lead of the Islamists, has elevated to the genre of “movie.” Protesters generally don’t carry RPGs or use mortars, for starters. …

Also, where did Rice get her very detailed information about the attack in Libya? She referred to the attackers as “a small handful of heavily armed mobsters” who merely took advantage of a growing protest over the video, a protest that now appears never to have occurred, as was reported three days before her appearances. The administration is careful to point out that Rice couched everything she said as being the best assessment at the time. Fine. But where did that assessment come from and how could it have been so wrong, especially when all signs pointed to a terrorist attack?

***

***

Photobucket

And that’s where I think that you get a failure of the Romney campaign. This was an opportunity for Romney to make the case, to make a speech, to make at least an argument about how the policy of this administration, which essentially [is] apology and appeasement, has simply been tried and not worked. Instead, Romney made one statement about the Cairo embassy dispatch, in which I think that Romney was correct, but he was savagely attacked by the media over that even though it was vindicated when the Obama administration said the exactly the same thing. It was an awful statement a little bit later. …

The problem that Romney has is the fact that people don’t see him as a leader or sort of endowed stature when they see him. That was an opportunity that was missed and it remains missed. It’s a mystery why Romney can’t seize the moment on this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Don’t make me nuke this thread with Obama Crazy talk….

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Bring It!

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:38 PM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Certainly..:)

PS..Here is a salute to the father of glam (one of them)..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Shame on you Dire… Alice father of “Glam”… not even close…. The real Father of glam…

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Hi all — I’m back from a little family dinner over at my parent’s house.
Anyway, I see that troll idesign answered me even though I notified everyone I was leaving for awhile, which is just like the coward it is. But I’ll reply now.

This is a major foreign policy issue, and Romney passes…

idesign on September 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you just read the misleading LA Times headline & not the story, but now that I pointed out that if you actually read the article you’d know that it was a completely false lede spun by the LA Times, for you to persist with this meme proves you to be a liar — which is typical of all Obama supporters — he lies about everything & so do you because you are all nothing but delusional, corrupt, sociopaths (just like he is — no wonder you all love him so much).

Here’s a reminder to all of the famous words of Thomas Paines (the commies will not like it):

THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

Read that — take note of it. I co-sign every word. The people who want to pretend Romney should be “ahead by 10 right now” are full of chit — as Paine reminds us: FREEDOM from tyranny never comes cheap. I was talking about this passage tonight with my dad who informed me that Mark Levin read it on his show today. So I came home to find the link — I don’t listen to Levin regularly, but this is worth listening to because he rolls it into a pretty good pep talk, to which I also co-sign 100%.

As I wrote before I left, anyone who wants to focus on what Romney is doing wrong is working for Obama at this point — it’s 6 weeks to the election, which means it’s time to take it to the mattresses. The focus needs to be on what Obama is doing to this country — go out & fill your tank with gas or go buy a weeks worth of groceries for a family of 4 if you don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m done engaging trolls or eeyores or ABRs or whatever you want to call them about polls, or about how ridiculous it is to think a 4 point election can be “OVER” 6 weeks out, etc. No matter how many b.s. polls are touted, no matter how they spin the debates, or how many deceptively edited clips or how many b.s. headlines the MSM produces or any other lies they can come up with one thing is true: Obama’s going to lose anyway.

Dark Star on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I don’t actually do intoxicants. :)
Axe on September 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Cool, more for me. ;)

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I’ve said that from the very beginning. First debate most likely decides the election IMO.

gophergirl on September 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

The media will spin it as a Barry win no matter what will happen. The ajectives you will hear them use with Romney will be nasty, unpresidential, desperate should he come out and be aggressive. And God forbids if he had any kind of stumble.

Romney will need to have a good answer for the 47% remark, because he will surely be asked and attacked by Barry over that.

bayview on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Sully!
Local boy

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:36 PM

From? Enlighten me.

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Richard Nixon was forced out of office because he lied. And because he covered some stuff up. I’m going to blunt and tell you this. Nobody died in Watergate. We have some people who are dead because of this. And there are some questions that should be answered and Americans ought to demand to get answers.”

ted c on September 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I don’t actually do intoxicants. :)
Axe on September 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Cool, more for me. ;)

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Hey… I don’t do intoxicants either… Unless your crazy and count beer as an intoxicant, but who would be crazy enough to do that?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

T Rex!! got it in one SW!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

it’s a hell hole?…cuz me and my friend were thinking of moving there…

thanks, belize looked so nice tho…sounded nice too…

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Belize is a sh$thole and dangerous. Check out St. Maarten, much nicer especially the Dutch side.

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Axe on September 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Split It Axe!
I’ll share.
All seriousness though, good for you.
Sober is a state of mind I respect.

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

evenin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Point of order..I said one of them!!..But I must concede you are correct..Nice Tune..:)

PS..I tip my fedora to you..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

…Obama’s going to lose anyway.

Dark Star on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Oh yes he is and how!!!

All is right again with the Universe!!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Sober is a state of mind I respect.

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Back demon…. I bet you respect clean work spaces and organized desks too… An organized workspace/desk is a sure sign of a sick mind…. ;p

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

From? Enlighten me.

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

(This site makes me puke!)

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Will do thanks for the tip, but looks like I won’t be going anywhere soon…

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

We’ve lost another voice that will never be replaced.

Chris Economaki dies at 91

Flora Duh on September 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

OK…. I see how you all are… Just Ignore the crazy redneck….

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Hell, when I think of “crazy redneck,” I’m inclined to conjure up something like this.

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

3 Democrats Charge the American Press with CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT BEHAVIOR

Mutnodjmet on September 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Hey Mut…how do I join SLOB’s?????

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

OK…. I see how you all are… Just Ignore the crazy redneck….

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

works for me… ;p

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

with Belize…
Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Well, it was a while back, but yes.

Little twin engine prop plane from Miami to Belize city.

Anti-aircraft guns at the airport. Guatemala was making noises…again.

A great hotel in a backwater country, The Fort George Hotel. Except they had a habit of making these little sandwiches with cucumbers every afternoon. Did I ever tell y’all I hate cucumbers? But very civilized with the dessert selection.

There was a rain shower every morning.

The Mayan ruins hadn’t been excavated very much, but no officials looking at your every move like civilized excavated ruins. Belmopan City was a ghost town. I don’t think they ever moved the capitol there like they were advertising at the time.

Had to help repair a log bridge before we could cross a river.

First time I saw a blue hole.

In other words, I had a great time!

The concrete plant wasn’t worth salvaging and restarting. So we didn’t go back. But I think about it often.

cozmo on September 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I don’t use no stinkin’ desk.

Cutting metal all day long.

Hot chips on the back o’ me neck.

My respect goes out to anyone who can do what I can’t… that ai’nt much.

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

evenin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Howdy, ma’am. Mako’s okay?

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Cool, more for me. ;)

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

There was this guy. Sort of a butter knife. There was this party, and then another one. The bonfire was at my house; the other one was next. There was this mutual friend. The guy leaned over to the mutual friend and said, “Hey man, is he coo? You sure he’s coo and everything? I heard some things …” — this, as we were getting ready to go to the next one. :)

I began “laying off” somewhere around there. :)

O, hey, I’ve got a “The Wall” concert T, if you want to sleep in that. I’ll take it out of the box. I don’t keep a diary; I just keep my personal history memories as a series of T shirts. :) Anyway, knock Dire into a cocked hat if you want.

What’s “Chardonnay,” anyway? It was in the refrigerator. It’s not even the right color …

Axe on September 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

3 Democrats Charge the American Press with CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT BEHAVIOR

Mutnodjmet on September 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I am reading this and WOW!! I hope somthing can be done will pass this along to everyone I know!!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

it’s a hell hole?…cuz me and my friend were thinking of moving there…

thanks, belize looked so nice tho…sounded nice too…

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Yes, it sounds nice..lol

I live in Fl-so I have luck to easily take trips and cruises. Belize was one of the worst places I have been. If you like to dive..world famous. other then that- I would stay on the ship next time if I ever have a port stop again.
Second time I went- got on a bus for a local tour..some stuff was happening.. a car on fire and local police (military swarming)these older wealthy people from somewhere in Europe freaked out and screamed at the driver to go back. As this was happening, some guy starting peeing in our view with the weenie in plain view facing us..they really went off then.
Me and my sister were not feeling comfy either but laughed like hell. We still laugh to this day. I have been all over the Caribbean and Mexico and seen the poor ect..but Belize was just nasty. My take.

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

lol

Axe on September 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

We all know how effed up the media is now, and by george, they need to be dealt with swiftly…

somehow some way…

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

hard hitting and revealing timeline by bret baier.

must watch on benghazi

ted c on September 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Ugh. I’ve just had enough of today. Sick of it all.

Jackalope on September 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

(This site makes me puke!)

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

It makes my eyes hurt.

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Wimps, unless the place went really downhill.

cozmo on September 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Check out St. Maarten, much nicer especially the Dutch side.

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:42 PM

This is the place where the love of my life broke up with me, many years ago. I got over it by partying with a bunch of fun loving people from a cruise ship.

By the way, the nude beaches are on the French side.

Vince on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

We’ve lost another voice that will never be replaced.

Chris Economaki dies at 91

Flora Duh on September 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM

RIP

Haven’t followed racing in a decade or more, but that voice just triggered some distant smiling memories.

Thanks

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I don’t use no stinkin’ desk.

Cutting metal all day long.

Hot chips on the back o’ me neck.

My respect goes out to anyone who can do what I can’t… that ai’nt much.

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I’ve spent that last 10 years as a general machine operator, mills lathes, grinders, brakes, presses, what is your specialty?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I appreciate your input about Belize Bazil9 and cozmo…

thank you very much!!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

evenin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Howdy, ma’am. Mako’s okay?

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

The haven’t tried to eat me yet. My cat shark are pissing me of tonight. I might trade them in for a couple of dogfish.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Cool, more for me. ;)

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

That’s how I feel about the muzzies and all their anti-pork crap.

Bacon shortage? What bacon shortage?

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

cozmo on September 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

How long ago were you there? I was there 3 years ago and the place is now crawling with thugs and it was filthy. Had to keep the passport and cash in my boot.

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

sharks. off.
produce has destroyed mah braaaain.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hey Twerp, other than the animals how are you tonight?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

cozmo on September 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Nice. :)

Axe on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

must watch on benghazi

ted c on September 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Call me an eeyore, but people who watch FoxNews do not need anymore convincing that Barry is the biggest sham and a failure in every way. Did the alphabet network pursue the story with 1/100th of the effort and venom they would have if GWB was in charge when the consulate attack happened?

bayview on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Hey Mut…how do I join SLOB’s?????

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Send me $10.99 to http://www.duped.com

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

INXS – Never Tear Us Apart

Axe on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

They still at war with each other? You need a peace maker. Like a bobcat. That will make them humble in a hurry. ;)

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

The Queen is in love

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I am verklempt…

Good night all…

God Bless!

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Send me $10.99 to http://www.duped.com

OTTO on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

You accept ObamaExpress, right?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

ted c on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Thanks for the link..I hope the beating of the drums get louder by the hour..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

How long ago were you there?
JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

70′s, it was still going through the name change. I wrote that it was a while back, geeze. At the time they would give you a hundred acres if you brought in a hundred head of cattle. They were going to throw in the concrete plant too, if we could get it restarted.

cozmo on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hey Cali red neck- if beer and tabacky dont count-then I am clean. :)
Cept my doc would disagree with ya. I dig rum on occasion but hate most liquor and I never acquired a taste for wine. Except for cooking.
Love me some beer.
For axe..I may go frog gigging tonight and lick one..see what happens. Maybe I will suddenly find the Won desirable. lol

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

bayview on September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Is Barry a Demigod?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Outstanding!!..One of their best..imho..:)

Dire Straits on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

By the way, the nude beaches are on the French side.

Vince on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

But what about the beach by the airport?

747 Landing at St.Maarten Airport.

Good Times.

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

sharks. off.
produce has destroyed mah braaaain.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I understood. It’s the kumquats. Give ‘em a wide berth.

predator on September 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

MUST.NOT.MAKE.ANY.OFFERS….. o_O

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

34 years of prototype in the microwave and optical instrumentation industry. Ez-trak and manuals mostly. If I can’t make it, I’ll make something that can.

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I Am A Viking

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

If I can’t make it, I’ll make something that can.

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

You have redeemed yourself. I like you.

cozmo on September 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:52 PM

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Cool, sounds like a pain in the ass fun… ;p

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

You accept ObamaExpress, right?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I prefer copper pennies or other valuable metals.

sent from my Obamaphone

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

If you find this one, you’ll have the trip of your life.

And yes, you will find the Won desirable. (you poor thing)

predator on September 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I am with you on the beer!!..This one is close to being off limits by order of my wife and a character called past experiences..:)

Dire Straits on September 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Cool, sounds like a pain in the ass fun… ;p

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Actually, I’m a fireman.

The more work they keep in house, the more work for me.
The more work they send out, the more work for me!

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I am verklempt…

Good night all…

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Night Scrump. Be sure and get that looked at.

Axe on September 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Is Barry a Demigod?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

To the media he is.

bayview on September 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Hey Twerp, other than the animals how are you tonight?

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Produce has a new associate. He’s a guy in his early 20′s. He believes that: Romney wants to stop people from voting, Romney is going to raise the taxes on the middle class and only cares for the rich, that Bush 2 was elected through voter fraud and that he destroyed the US, that republicans only win elections when they cheat, that Reagan was a killer, that Clinton was the US’s greatest president, that Obama is going to win with a bigger margin than he did in 2008, that there won’t be another white president for generations, and that Obama is going to win…Texas. He also said that he thinks that Zero is a muslim.
*siiiigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on September 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

nite scrumpy.
scrumpy…love that handle.
Sleep well.

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Cept my doc would disagree with ya.

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Meh….what do those danged doctors know anyways…. ;p

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Anyone obsessing about those ridiculous polls (Hayes included) needs to go look at the video made by Stacy McCain of the people lined up for blocks in the rain in Toledo yesterday to get into the Romney rally that DA Tech guy posted.

And remember the words of Thomas Paine.

Hayes, Krauthammer, et al are all beltway insiders — yes, they’ve been more supportive of Romney than almost everyone else of the pundits, but they still need to get invited to the cocktail parties — plus, living in the hub of “Obama Love Central” it’s more difficult to keep things in perspective. Terrye’s right — if you go watch live streams of Romney rallies (rather than just rely on news reports), Romney has kept the criticism of Obama up on all fronts — economy & foreign policy. On the one hand they acknowledge that the media has never been so blatantly carrying water for one candidate — to the extent that they helped to cover up the death of our ambassador — first time in more than 30 years! – and 3 others while Obama jetted off to Vegas by trying to pretend it was all somehow Romney’s fault — and then on the other they say Romney needs to “do more.” WTF? He talks about it at his rallies, it doesn’t get reported. He makes a statement to a specific question of “what exactly happened in the White House” re: Libya that is basically boils down to he’ll wait for an investigation before he says if Obama is just incompetent or a liar and the MSM reports he is “backing off of his criticism of Obama.” This is not a battle Romney can win with a full frontal assault on the MSM — he needs us to help by getting out there to expose the MSM lies, whether it be volunteering to phone bank/knock on doors or simply talking to family & neighbors & giving rides to the polls on 11/6, etc.

Dark Star on September 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

King’s calling for Rice’s resignation (according to Drudge).

Want to take bets on that happening?

Although, somebody does need to go under the bus…

ccrosby on September 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Take Me To The Hospital

Axe on September 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Lubbock…gotta’ love it.

cozmo on September 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Wow… I don’t think they even make meds to cover that kind of shit… :O

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

cozmo on September 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Yes J Pete- my experience too.

One time we (my family) paid a man with his own van to take us around. Maybe because we were friendly and Americans- he opened up and started telling us about the corrupt govt. The oil they had but no refineries so it was shipped to Hugo in Vene. We didn’t say a lot because we didnt feel comfortable doing so. But it was very interesting. He drove us to the “wealthy neighborhoods for the poli’s and alike. It looked more like our middle class in the US neighborhoods-if even. He had never been out of his country- so he didnt get why we were not impressed. It to us was sad.
One place I will never forget. A good man though. He was the highlight.

bazil9 on September 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Although, somebody does need to go under the bus…

ccrosby on September 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Ya, but the real question is…. Do they make a bus with high enough axles to get Obama’s ego under it?

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Interesting. The polling is close in PA. If Romney Wins PA, Barry is toast.

SparkPlug on September 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Produce needs a new product.
Manufacture it!

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Scrumpy on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Night Scrumpy!

Dark Star on September 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

That kid is so brainwashed he has soap bubbles coming out his ears.

SparkPlug on September 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

SWalker on September 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I prefer copper pennies or other valuable metals.

sent from my Obamaphone

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

..hey guys! I just have time for a drop-in here so would you say hello to the ganze meshpoche for me?

OTTO, I am dying here. This is such a pregnant vid, the humor is boundless. Almost as viral as A-T-T-T-T-T-A-A-A-A-C-C-C-C-C-K-K-K-K W-A-A-A-T-C-H or the Wiener fiasco!

I had a dream last night (woke up smiling) that Obama won and I opted to GET ALL THE FREE STUFF I COULD POSSIBLY LATCH ONTO. Phones, food stamps, credit card rebates, homeowner assistance, and free gummint cheese. (You old enough to remember that?)

Anyway, I am standing in line in front of that trapezoidal, mirror-fogging, mouth-breathing, benefit-sucking prole woman and I get to the window first. The guy says to me, “congrats, sir, here’s your free ObamaPhone! You just happen to have gotten the last one. We’re fresh out for another three years!”

Whereupon, that jiggling mass of protoplasm goes nuclear and explodes all over my immense honky asss!

Hey, lady. It’s what you wished for! Your guy gets in and a whole lot of us old white guys will stop pulling the train for you.

As I said, I woke up with a smile on my face.

The War Planner on September 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

OK folks, I have an appointment with a hangover in the morning, I don’t want to be late or keep it waiting… o_O

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Dark Star on September 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM
SparkPlug on September 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Hi-ya, D.S., Mr Plug!

The War Planner on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Wow… I don’t think they even make meds to cover that kind of shit… :O

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I saw a great t-shirt the other day. It said: “Over one million people attended Barack Obama’s inauguration, and only fourteen of them missed work.”

Twerp should buy one of those and wear it for her O-bot.

predator on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I was just reading the Biden thread and noticed a certain someone put in an appearance. Since I wasn’t around to respond then, I’ll take this opportunity to do so now.

Deep Fried Bluegill Fillets

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs fresh Bluegill fillets
1 egg
1 cup of flour
6 oz. milk
1 cup of cracker crumbs
1/2 cup of corn flakes
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

How to cook Deep Fried Bluegill Fillets:

Rinse fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.

Preheat deep fryer to 370°F. (170°C).

Mix thoroughly milk, egg, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.

Slowly with small portions add flour to the mixture and mix until smooth.

Mix cracker crumbs and corn flakes in a small mixing bowl.

Dip fillets in batter, then in the cracker crumb mixture, and drop into the preheated deep fryer.

Fry for 4 minutes or until golden brown.

Remove from the deep fryer and place on a paper towel to drain.

How to Fillet a Bluegill:

Begin by laying your fillet knife behind the pectoral fin. Cut all the way through the ribs and down to the main bone. Slice the fish from behind the gills to the backbone. Don’t slice through, leave a small piece attached. Move the knife along the spine, again not to cut through. Slice all the way to the fish’s tail without removing the skin yet. Lay out the fish with the skin side down. Use a fillet knife to slice all the way down the fillet. Cut away the skin. To cut a remaining bones use a clean fillet knife to get under the ribs, top to bottom, keeping the knife right under the bones, so as not to lose any of the meat.

#WAR

Flora Duh on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

As I said, I woke up with a smile on my face.

The War Planner on September 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

ROTFLMAO…you are evil… in a very good way… ;)

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

living in the hub of “Obama Love Central…”
Dark Star on September 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Dear God I hope there’s a vaccine for that.

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

bazil9 on September 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Dire Straits on September 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I met Cuervo once in college..I still never want to see him again.(less smell him) LOL. The wife is wise.
Julius Echter is my fave beer..Belgium wheat beer. Hard to find but I search for special occasions. 3 pints is like 18 bud lights LOL.
I enjoy a pint of Tucher on occasion.

bazil9 on September 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Twerp should buy one of those and wear it for her O-bot.

predator on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

SWEET…………

SWalker on September 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

SparkPlug on September 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I agree and I admire your zeal!!..But PA is Lucy Van Pelt holding the football and Romney is Charlie Brown..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on September 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM

The War Planner on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Hi. This thread was pretty tame considering its a Full Moon.

I think Mitt is going to win.

SparkPlug on September 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on September 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM

It’s close. If Charlie can almost kick that one, he’s looking pretty in other places.

Axe on September 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I am sorry my little nueropathy issue slows me down-
Night to scrump a roo and walker-

Axe- get intoxicated.

bazil9 on September 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Flora Duh on September 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Bluegill fillets?
Damn! We’d just gut ‘em and toss ‘em on the fire, peel the skin off easy and suck the flesh off the bone, and toss the skimpy carcass to the hornpout.
And beer.

OTTO on September 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM

A good man though. He was the highlight.

bazil9 on September 29, 2012 at 12:12 AM

That is the only way to travel, by finding a local to cart you around. The only manufacturing I saw was the Coca-Cola factory where they still used glass bottles, something I had only seen once or twice in my entire life.

JPeterman on September 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM