Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:01 am on September 28, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Via Greg Hengler, Barack Obama spoke at Kent State about his economic plan and the inevitable consequences of it.  Actually, no, he made a fairly mundane goof when talking about exports … but then laid the blame off onto his opponent:

First thing is I want to see us export more jobs — export more products — excuse me — (laughter.)  I was channeling my opponent there for a second.  (Laughter and applause.)  I want to see us export more products and outsource fewer jobs.

Actually, he was more accurate the first time.  If Obama gets a second term to pursue his class-warfare policies of hammering the rich while running huge deficits, capital will flee the US and invest in overseas markets … which will create jobs in those markets rather than ours.  Given that job creation during the Obama recovery can’t even keep pace with population growth, we’re probably already exporting enough capital and jobs as it is under Obamanomics.  That’s not Obama channeling his opponent; it’s Obama speaking for himself.

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me atobamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!

Comments

won’t even take responsibility for his own words….

PATHETIC

cmsinaz on September 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM

You got it. If Obama is re-elected he WILL export more jobs.

WannabeAnglican on September 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Great post, Ed. I would only insert “continue to” in between “will” and “flee.”

itsnotaboutme on September 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I want to see us export more products and outsource fewer jobs.

Ya gotta create those jobs before you outsource them there sport. 12 Million fewer Americans have jobs thanks to your filthy administration. There is just one more “American” I want to see unemployed and that would be you- you rat-eared coward.

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM

“Obama, Obama, we’re all in Yokohama now”-/chant off

Yoop on September 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I want to see us export more products and outsource with fewer jobs and more government dependency.

What he’s thinking…

VietVet_Dave on September 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM

If Obama gets a second term, he’ll likely try to export the entire country.

We very badly need to export Obama instead. Like to Cuba or North Korea.

No wonder this doofus killed our space program. He’s probably afraid we might export his lame carcass to Mars.

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM

The truth is always a slip of the tongue.
It’s what the human mind brings to the forefront.

Badger40 on September 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM

When the dude speaks, I channel him—as in switching channels…

hillsoftx on September 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM

What he’s thinking…

VietVet_Dave on September 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Dems require Americans to be dependent on big government. Obama has spent these last few years trying to build his army. It’s not for nothing that you have such things as Obamaphones.

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM

If we can put some super roving robot on Mars, I see no reason why we can’t send Obama there.

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM

won’t be close…

DanMan on September 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I’m not sure the descent phase apparatus needs to be as … elaborate.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Odude is pathological.

txag92 on September 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

It’s not for nothing that you have such things as Obamaphones.

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Yep… that lady (I use the term loosely) didn’t want the phone; she wanted to sell the phone.

VietVet_Dave on September 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

he would really like to export his and Steven Rattners “Death Panels”.

People have NO IDEA how their slice of the ObamaCare pie is going to be divided.

The care would be so bad, and of course Unionized, that it will force us to pay the ObamaCare taxes……AND…..then pay sky high healthcare from a private carrier. If it’s even legal to do so.

What if you have a $30,000 a year limit on healthcare spend?

And if you exceed that……YOU HAVE TO PAY IT ALL!!!

Now imagine your child gets hurt playing football and needs surgery. The cost is $75,000 and all you have is ObamaCare? Where are you going to come up with the other $45,000? Sell your house? Watch your child be paralyzed? Offer to indenture yourself for Community service?

Folks,it’s uncharted waters after January?

You talk about transform a nation?

PappyD61 on September 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I’m not sure the descent phase apparatus needs to be as … elaborate.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Yes! We could save a mint if we don’t use a heat shield. Titanium is expensive, after all.

We could call it a ‘cost-cutting measure’.

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I’m not sure the descent phase apparatus needs to be as … elaborate.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Think ears. Think glider.
No atmosphere?
No problem.

Yoop on September 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Are you sure you haven’t taken this out of context, Ed? /snort.

O/T. Claire McCaskill on Morning Joe trying to distance herself from obama. Why is that, Claire?

Naturally Curly on September 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM

VietVet_Dave on September 28, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Isn’t she the same one who lined up four years ago for her ‘Obama money’?

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I heard that. Didn’t SCoaMF actually say

I I I I I I I was channeling my opponent there for a second.

I really do have to fix your quote for accuracy.

MNHawk on September 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM

FYI Western Australia and the north of that country are generally considered “Conservative”.

Jus sayin.

#secondtermescapethedebtoftheusplan

PappyD61 on September 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Interesting. NC….why would she?

cmsinaz on September 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM

MSM – Breaking: Romney confesses “I want to see us export more jobs.”

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 8:35 AM

as usual I find the Obot crowd more offensive, as they key off his absurd Pub stereotype mindlessly laugh.

sure, lib tools…Obama’s policies haven’t sent jobs overseas, and he didn’t directly influence the outsourcing of GM positions. Also, Obama kilt Bin Laden with his bare hands.

Slade73 on September 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Did Zero state his position regarding exports to Austrian speaking nations?

viking01 on September 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Did Zero state his position regarding exports to Austrian speaking nations?

viking01 on September 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM

No. But last I heard, Obama will be giving an address to the Swiss Navy, and in Swiss!

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Ed, thank you for putting the text of “The One’s” goof below the video again today. The other day it was painful to have to watch this idiot speak in order to see the OOTD.

Susanboo on September 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM

…China loves General Electric!
…who’s their CEO again?

KOOLAID2 on September 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I haven’t seen a U.S. President look that bad at Kent State since Richard Nixon.

radjah shelduck on September 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM

…China loves General Electric!
…who’s their CEO again?

KOOLAID2 on September 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I think his name is Wun Dum Fuk.

Oh, wait! That’s China’s name for Obama.

Sorry ’bout that…

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Jus sayin.

#secondtermescapethedebtoftheusplan

PappyD61 on September 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Aussies are a bunch of gun grabbers.
No repeating rifles or shotguns.
No handguns.

If I can’t take “the kids” with me, I ain’t going!!!

VelvetElvis on September 28, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Interesting. NC….why would she?

cmsinaz on September 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Odd, isn’t it? Maybe the “conventional wisdom” that Todd Akin is all washed up is another lie.

Naturally Curly on September 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM

This actually sounded like a pre-planned ‘spontaneous’ mistake and jab at Romney to me. Obama doesn’t usually recover this well, this fast. There was the brief stutter, but all in all it was too smooth to be real.

I think he had it written that way on the teleprompter, as it fits his narrative about Romney.

mathgal60 on September 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Consumer Confidence surges in the Michigan survey.

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Obamteurish ? yes- Effective as hell ? Yes-

The communist is effective with the China crap -and team Romney WONT talk about Hopey’s GE Buds or BOEING in SC.. heres a tag line

“Hopey’s never had a problem before sending jobs overseas with his close ties to his GE pals on his job council- AND he’s killing jobs right here in AMERICA with marxist power plays like Boeing in SC – and he criticizes someone else about Jobs?”

This is what’s needed to respond to this kind of crap spewing from the Wealth Spreader in Chief.

If R&R are holding back for the debates, than I kind of get it- dont tip your hand to Hopey on how your gonna go after him in debates- But the simpleton voters buy into this crap an they better neutralize it -hard.

FlaMurph on September 28, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Consumer Confidence surges in the Michigan survey.

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Let me explain that to you sparky. People are spending more than they are making. It’s not because they think the rat-eared coward’s policies are working it is because they need to put gas in their car and buy groceries.

Not all of us are so needy and dependent on Obama that we expect government to provide us free phones and money for sitting around doing nothing.

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM

“Consumer Confidence surges in the Michigan survey.

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM”

I’m not talking about how much people are spending. That’s a different statistic. This is CONSUMER CONFIDENCE. People think things are getting better, however counter intuitive that may seem when things seem to be worse.

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

and will somebody give this Fraud in the WH a freakin history lesson on the AMERICAN economy.

This dumbass “community organizer” is totally clueless to the fact that Japan and Mexico were the bogeymen before China. Ask your corrupt Union buddies about it jug ears.

Electronics
Textiles
Apparel
Shoes
Rubber
Steel
Machinery
etc, etc

The list is long on jobs that have been OFF-SHORED FOR THE LAST 40-50 years- (half a century) this moron socialist thinks its something GW BOOOSH started.
Global is good – right Hopey?

FlaMurph on September 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM

mathgal60 on September 28, 2012 at 9:09 AM

agreed….
too smooth and fast…..

and channeling? that is definitely a pre-meditated pop culture buzz word for the college kiddies…

He would have jabbed differently at Romney if it were a true “uh-uh-ya know” gaffe….

and the audience lapped it up……..

FlaMurph on September 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Obamaphones & Circuses

workingclass artist on September 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM

“Major banks in the US have been under a week long cyber attack originating from Iran…but so far thankfully nobody’s money has been stolen…” – 24/7 News reporter on Newsradio.

Don’t Worry – Be Happy & Pickup your free Obamaphone

workingclass artist on September 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I am so tired of hearing his Donald Duck voice that I won’t play his clips. I sure hope November will put an end to this garbage.

petefrt on September 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Obamaphones & Circuses

workingclass artist on September 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM

After reading the Obamaphone posts above that is what popped into my mind, too. Sad that ‘panem et circenses’ needed this 21st century update (or, 20th century if Joey B is reading this).

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Well, Obama is now ahead in Rasmussen, so he leads in EVERY SINGLE FREAKING POLL KNOWN TO MAN, and still you guys think Romney is going to win, lol.

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

E-I-P-C
F-I-A-L

Nutstuyu on September 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Yeah, enjoy that while it lasts.

When “leaners” are included, the race is tied at 48% apiece. Leaners are those who are initially uncommitted to the two leading candidates but lean towards one of them when asked a follow-up question. Beginning this Monday, October 1, Rasmussen Reports will be basing its daily updates solely upon the results including leaners.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Nutstuyu on September 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

EVERY SINGLE FREAKING POLL ?

Be afraid, Be very Afraid

you should keep this bookmarked as well : unskewedpolls.com

FlaMurph on September 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Polls Are For Strippers And Cross-Country Skiers

Carter looked good in the polls, too.

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM

“Carter looked good in the polls, too.

Fallon on September 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM”

Please don’t tell me you believe the old wives tale that Carter was ahead of Reagan in September?

Here are the facts…

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM

EVERY SINGLE FREAKING POLL ?

Be afraid, Be very Afraid

you should keep this bookmarked as well : unskewedpolls.com

FlaMurph on September 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Psychological Warfare

My numbers guy (really an economist and stock analyst) told me to spread the words “margin of error” since most every freaking poll in what used to be called Christendom has the two in that umbrella.

The Dems want to make the right feel defeated and stay home. You all know that.

On the other hand, they want their folks motivated and I can vouch for that from the NEA to SEIU to every lib I know.

Well, we didn’t get our dream debate between O and Newt. Now we get an election run by one world socialists out of the newsrooms.

IlikedAUH2O on September 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Were you a voting-age adult when Reagan ran against Carter?

Liam on September 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

gumbyandpokey on September 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM

In my wheelhouse. The author of that article is fine but is human:

Doug Mataconis Makes Glaring Spelling Error (Screen Captured) In Anti-Palin Tweet;Typical

UPDATE: Commentator “Guest” points out (in the comment section below) there are actually two errors in one sentence by Mataconis-imagine if Palin had done that eh?

Here’s “I’ll be out the back at the bar” Palin basher Doug Mataconis latest snarky tweet against Palin. From M. Joe Sheppard’s “A Point of View”

Now, if Palin had made such a glaring spelling error you can imagine what Mataconis et al would tweet eh.

He is a conservative like Peggy Noonan is. It evaporates at times.

IlikedAUH2O on September 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Under obama there won’t be any jobs, just welfare, food stamps and more people on Medicaid.

jqc1970 on September 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Obama is ahead by one point in Rasmussen. My number’s guy feels even Rasmussen has been infected by the “Obama Wins!” fever and may be worried about being too far away from the other boys and girls.

With his estimate of motivation and many wanted criminals and felons staying home, Mitt R wins easily. This is somewhat supported by the O supporters I know.

His fear is that O will become the master motivator he was in 2008. He really know what buttons and levers to push.

If he does, he deserves a win.

But we shall see.

IlikedAUH2O on September 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Maybe Barry should tell his buddy Jeff Immelt about his feelings on EXPORTING JOBS.

GarandFan on September 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM

IlikedAUH2O on September 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Agreed, but not so fast…. The National media are a bunch of commies – no doubt – but recent polling also confirms people are less trusting of this state run media. They can’t hide the truth so much anymore.

The stranglehold the Newspaper daily’s had on the media market is shrinking.
LA times is struggling- NY Slimes- WaPo… these business models will be gone as the electronic age takes over…. so there is hope. As far as people watching Matt Lausy and George Stephapoopalloverus- they are part of the brain dead 47% that do not want the truth to enter into their lives.

FlaMurph on September 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM

FlaMurph on September 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM

O celebrates Polls?

My numbers guy (who is afraid to post here) asked me to tell you that the Chicago PMI is at 49.7 while above 50 numbers indicate expansion.

More importantly, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS NUMBER HAS BEEN BELOW 50 SINCE SEPTEMBER OF 2009!

Further, we could add more information that makes our economy look really weak that is not reported.

IlikedAUH2O on September 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Consumer Confidence surges in the Michigan survey.

daveyandgoliath on September 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Try again.

U.S. consumers toned down slightly their upbeat feelings about the economy at the end of September, but they also curbed short-run price expectations, according to data released Friday.

The Thomson-Reuters/University of Michigan consumer sentiment index slipped to 78.3 in the final September reading from 79.2 early this month, but was up from the 74.3 final reading for August, according to an economist who has seen the report.

“Surge”? Try “4 month high”.

F-

Del Dolemonte on September 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

well think of it this way, if we exported more jobs that would mean the USA actually HAD jobs to export.

I vote that we export this “president” instead.

katablog.com on September 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Happy Nomad on September 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Yeah, but how many Americans now have free phones!

katablog.com on September 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM

If I can’t take “the kids” with me, I ain’t going!!!

VelvetElvis on September 28, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Costa Rica has some very ‘tolerant’ gun laws.

Jus’ sayin’.