Video: Samuel L. Jackson stars in first-ever boring role

posted at 4:41 pm on September 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

My working theory about SLJ until today was that a production simply cannot be dull when he’s onscreen, but I was looking to bail after 90 seconds of this one. It’s hard to sit through a political vid for more than a minute or two; it’s doubly hard when you disagree with the politics being pushed; put the whole thing in verse and make the joke obvious from the beginning on top of all that and there’s no way you won’t be grinding your teeth by the end. In fact, this is actually a satire of a satire, Jackson’s audio-book reading of the fake children’s bedtime story, “Go the F*** to Sleep.” (The book’s author wrote the script for this ad too.) If you loved this gag the first time, you’ll love it the second time, I guess. And that, in turn, will … influence your decision on the next presidential election? I guess? The bit with grandma and grandpa at the end is amusing, at least.

The punchline is that Jackson’s been open about why he supported O in 2008 and it had nothing to do with any of the policy choices he rattles off here in rhyme. Quote: “[Obama's] message didn’t mean [bleep] to me.” Fair enough, but it means something to me. Wake the f*** up, America.

Update: An excellent point from the comments. I stand corrected:

“First-ever boring role”. Someone forgot about Mace Windu.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“My ass may be dumb but I ain’t no dumbass!”

-Ordell Robbie (Samuel Jackson) Jackie Brown

Sorry, Samuel, you are a dumbass in real life literally. You and your Democrats are depicted as asses in political cartoons for good reason.

islandman78 on September 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I guess this means Samuel got his free phone?

Deanna on September 27, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I find it frightening that some people know who Mace Windu is. I had to look up the name. For now on, how about “the lone black dude in that sorry ass Star Wars trilogy sequel”?

Erich66 on September 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Quick! Cancel the ad!

Little Susie switched to Team Romney when she found out what Michelle wanted to force her to eat for lunch at school.

And Susie updated her status on Facebook, so all of her friends are switching to Team Romney too!

It’s gonna be a landslide for Romney/Ryan!

wren on September 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM

LOL

So this stereotypes teenage girls as what — sluts? — for being concerned if Planned Parenthood ends up in trouble?

Everyone knows teenage girls’ biggest concern is whether they can get a good scraping when they need it.

Good GRIEF. Rank.

rasqual on September 27, 2012 at 7:37 PM

For a man whose had so many successes, he sure sounds bitter and angry all the time.

scalleywag on September 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM

It’s the only character he knows how to play… which speaks volumes on what he’s like off screen..

I managed to skim through it…. and not break things.. Watching some unmitigated azz lie to me and others does that.. Jackson spoke comeplete nonsense.. and his idiot liberal fans think it’s funny?

about as funny…

as having a guy admit he voted for a politician based solely on his skin color.. suggest you’re a racist if you DON’T vote for the same guy based on principle.

sorry, but I’ve heard that same raggedyassed lament from liberals for decades.. since 68 when I watched the dems on TV, riot on their own convention.. It kinda strips away your innocence at 9 to be told your family are filthy fascists and racists, because they are republicans….. by morons burning cars and stoning the police..

Jackson.. you think you can lie to me and get my vote for that pompous self adoring buffoon?

I’ll see you in Hell first.

I’m so sick of the idiot left and it’s adoring propagandists, media.. entertainers.. comics actors, sports figures.. all dirty stinkin rich….

Mitt’s going to win..

and if they skip you on a White House invite, you’ll be the FIRST to b*tch to the media about how they snubbed you..

while you idiots tell folks republicans love them some slavery and Jim Crowe..

Damn this video p*sses me off.

President I HATE YOU really has his campaign team working on that old national unity thang don’t he?

mark81150 on September 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Erich66 on September 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I actually liked the films… Lucas without knowing it, ends up defending older conservative values..

He couches it in new age spiritualism.. but what he does is steal from the older culture, and try to pass it off as their new left dogma..

Obi-Wan defended the Republic, to the death.. representative democracy..

The emperor was the popular politician who had a secret hidden agenda to destroy that Republic..

Anakin the young hothead radical who wanted change, any change, even if he had to crush dissent to do it..

all the good guys could easily be conservatives..

and Lucas would go to his death bed denying that.

mark81150 on September 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM

This has to be the most disgusting video ever made!! The Black people talk about Whites always putting them down! Can you see why? The parents of that little white girl in the video should be very proud of her!! She must be about 9 or 10 years old and she is allowed to make a film like this. She should have a wonderful movie career after this and probably end up on booze and drugs! As for Samuel Jackson, he is why low-class Blacks are called the N-word!!!

Jersey Dan on September 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I read on a fire extinguisher in Okinawa recently “…Samuel L. Jackass blows goats”…maybe he is taking over Jason Mays’ legacy…just sayin…the life of a libtard a$$!

OldWeaselKeeper on September 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

lester on September 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM

WB Molester special school let out early today ?

cableguy615 on September 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM

How much was paid for the Dems and SLJ to have a 9 year old throw the “F” bomb? Is this how they want their children grow up? Why didn’t they get Malia or Sasha Obama to play the part? Why was it a loudmouth Black Man is chastizing a White family? How hard does it take to find a Black Conservative family….Say Allen West’s home. That ad would have been about 12 seconds.

Sabercat2 on September 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hey Samuel, the 1990s called and they want their Kangol back.

Mallard T. Drake on September 27, 2012 at 9:17 PM

There is simply nothing worse than a rich elitist socialist trying to convince the common folk that they are better off under government control all the time knowing it will never apply to him. Hey, Samuel L A$$hole, we are awake so fuk off!!

Dollayo on September 27, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Snakes on a Plane…Any questions?

Tbone McGraw on September 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Snakes on a Plane…Any questions?

Tbone McGraw on September 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Like you read my mind…

JohnGalt23 on September 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I laughed when the Emperor threw Mace Windu out the window.

And Nick Fury?

Ha, ha, ha.
The REAL Nick Fury

Samuel L. Jackson, you’re no Will Smith.

MichaelGabriel on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM

What a piece of crap Samuel Jackson is..seriously..piece of crap

sadsushi on September 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM

What a small little man.

Sad really – now nick fury is a wussed-out, obama-loving, libtard, socialist d-bag in my mind.

Quit f-ing up my favorite comic book/movie franchise you unworthy libtard…collect your checks and STFU.

I want my hero’s to actually have American values thank you very much.

Tim_CA on September 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I’m glad someone else got to it first, but the Mace Windu character was horribly acted. It was like someone blackmailed him, and he didn’t want to be there.

And while credit is due for honesty(?), it’s remarkably stupid to proclaim, and be proud of, voting for a politician without considering policy. Someone who uses words for their livelihook might just be able to understand that the words ‘politics’ and ‘policy’ share a root, and for a very good reason. Voting for someone on superficial grounds is beyond racist.

Freelancer on September 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Obama should demand this be taken down.

The girl’s parents need to be visited by child’s protective services.

The school she attends should have counselors to try and stop the verbal abuse and keep the campus under control, paid for by the sponsors of the ad.

tomg51 on September 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM