Obama ad: “Time for a new economic patriotism”

posted at 11:21 am on September 27, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Yesterday, Mitt Romney released a one-minute ad in which he spoke directly into the camera about the failures of Obama’s economic policy — and it looks like Team Obama followed suit (upping the ante with a two-minute ad spot, mmm hmm), having the president talk in a face-to-face format about his economic plan for the next four years. I suppose we’re meant to believe that this is what “giving specifics” on an “economic plan” looks like:

Now, Governor Romney believes that with that even bigger tax cuts for the wealthy and fewer regulations on Wall Street all of us will prosper. In other words he’d double down on the same trickle down policies that led to the crisis in the first place. So what’s my plan?

Enough with the big, fat “the same policies that got us here in the first place” lie. It’s hogwash.

First, we create a million new manufacturing jobs and help businesses double their exports. Give tax breaks to companies that invest in America, not that ship jobs overseas.

Pardon me, but how is it that you’re going to create these million marvelous manufacturing jobs when you’ve only failed spectacularly so far? Because giving tax breaks, a.k.a. providing subsidies, a.k.a. picking economic winners and losers, for your preferred businesses does not create jobs. And enough with this relentless demonization of “shipping jobs overseas” — if doing so helps us to obtain goods and services more cheaply and efficiently, which it does, that can and does create jobs, because that means we all have more disposable income and thereby are all wealthier.

Second, we cut our oil imports in half and produce more American-made energy, oil, clean-coal, natural gas, and new resources like wind, solar and bio-fuels—all while doubling the fuel efficiencies of cars and trucks.

No. Your administration has been steadily and purposefully impairing Americans’ ability to tap into our own abundant natural resources and blocking business opportunities for natural gas; clean coal is an expensive and costly nightmare; and your record on coercing Americans into using more wind/solar/biofuels — which currently hold exactly zero serious potential as viable, widespread substitutes for oil and gas — has failed tremendously, as have your many “green jobs” initiatives.

Third, we insure that we maintain the best workforce in the world by preparing 100,000 additional math and science teachers. Training 2 million Americans with the job skills they need at our community colleges. Cutting the growth of tuition in half and expanding student aid so more Americans can afford it.

Is this code for “more stimulus”, which translates into spending even more money we don’t have? Who is going to perform and pay for all of this additional training, exactly? Oh, let me guess — the federal government. Whoop-de-doo. And does anybody in your august administration realize that subsidizing student aid so that more Americans can afford going to college is going to hike demand — which is going to make tuition even more expensive? You can’t have it both ways, and hey, it might be nice of all of those college graduates could find jobs and maybe become capable of paying off all of that debt.

Fourth, a balanced plan to reduce our deficit by four trillion dollars over the next decade on top of the trillion in spending we’ve already cut, I’d ask the wealthy to pay a little more. And as we end the war in Afghanistan let’s apply half the savings to pay down our debt and use the rest for some nation building right here at home.

Even if I believed that you were going to suddenly reverse your trend of growing more than trillion-dollar annual deficits (which, given all that government spending implied above, I don’t), taxing the wealthy more isn’t going to necessarily increase revenue by much — and the damage to our economy is going to be infinitely worse.

It’s time for a new economic patriotism. Rooted in the belief that growing our economy begins with a strong, thriving middle class. Read my plan. Compare it to Governor Romney’s and decide for yourself. Thanks for listening.

“New economic patriotism”? Does that sound severely creepy to anyone else?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

That phrase makes me check my wallet to make sure it’s still there…

blue13326 on September 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I’ll tell you what it means:

“If you are voting for the other guy, you are unpatriotic”

neoavatara on September 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I hope he keeps giving wordy speeches. Maybe they’ll remind voters of all of the broken promises he’s made in previous speeches.

Drained Brain on September 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

It means give more money to him and his regime.

I got news for Obama and those who will vote for him. If he is re-elected, I will manage my finances with the assumption that America is going to Hell. And I am not alone.

Elections have consequences, as they say.

WannabeAnglican on September 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM

New economic patriotism?

Creepy is not even close to describing the feeling those words out of that man gives me.

ORconservative on September 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Why didn’t he do this in his first four years? Oh yeah, he doesn’t believe any of that crap.

Tater Salad on September 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I want to throw-up.

tbrickert on September 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

What does that even mean?

It means get in line. Also, squirrel.

Mr. D on September 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

The Great Patriotic Recovery, not to be confused with The Great Patriotic War comrade.

Meat Fighter on September 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

“It only stands to reason that where there’s sacrifice, there’s someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there’s service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.”

Ayn Rand, “Atlas Shrugged”

Archivarix on September 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

“New economic patriotism”? Does that sound severely creepy to anyone else?

It might not be so creepy if we had a patriot in the WH.

Cody1991 on September 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Good heavens

even READING his words makes me want to bow to the porcelain throne!

Blek

sandlin71 on September 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hahaha, I love how he just throws out there, ‘create a million manufacturing jobs’…that’s all it takes? Heck, why didn’t he institute this plan 3 years ago? If it’s that easy, ANYONE could do it!

ellifint on September 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

New economic patriotism?

What does he know about patriotism?

bgibbs1000 on September 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Vapid.

Northside on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I do not want to hear another lousy stinking lie coming out of his mouth…

He is the most disgusting person I have ever known of…

He is “The Louse in the House”…

He makes my skin crawl…I wanna puke every time he opens his mouth.

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Too many students on aid is why tuition rates are rising so quickly.

I don’t quite get why that’s a difficult concept.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

***Alert***…UN Speech

12:45 p.m. ET (approximately)

Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu address

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/27/schedule-speakers-at-un-general-assembly-thursday/#ixzz27gU2Ci1e

canopfor on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I don’t care what any poll is showing. I am so angry at this imposter and American hating liar I will crawl on my lips through broken glass to vote against him. I cannot believe I’m in the minority on this.

Agent of the Cross on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Such a filthy freaking liar. I absolutely loathe this creature.

mrsmwp on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I can’t take him anymore. He needs to be defeated if only to make it stop. The lies, deceptions, obfuscations, distortions. It all has to stop. The sound of his voice with its annoying cadence and drops makes me want to scream.

Charlemagne on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Ha! Romney has a five point plan. ‘Me too’ comes up with a five point plan.
Romney promises 12M jobs. ‘Me too’ promises even more.

Romney does a direct into camera ad. ‘Me too’ does the same.

Somebody in this equation looks desperate.

Mitsouko on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

New economic patriotism means take from the makers and give to the takers…

sandee on September 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

“Time for a new economic patriotism”…

makes as much sense as “Tomorrow belongs to me” :o

phreshone on September 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Abso-freaking-lutely!

mrsmwp on September 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

canopfor on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Are they gonna show it on C-SPAN?

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

“Mr. Obama, Mr. Obama, What about your Gaffe?”

Obama: “I Want to See Us Export More Jobs” (Video)

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

By “economic patriotism” he means the rich must pay more. And the rich will be defined down to a family if four earning $150,000 or more.

Charlemagne on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Last time I heard anything remotely similar to “Economic Patriotism”, it was some Democrat politician advocating higher taxes.

Jabberwock on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I can’t wait til the debates, he thinks “cool” will carry the day. My guess is Romney, in polite sort of way, is going to get under his skin with the facts and by calling him out when he lies about the facts.

Tater Salad on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Obama ad: “Time for a new economic patriotism”

What does it mean? It means more taxes. Don’t you know that paying taxes is patriotic? Just ask Joe Biden.

Rocks on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Obama must own a really weird edition of Roget’s Thesaurus. In my edition, “patriotism” and “collectivism” are not shown as synonyms.

Scriptor on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Obama ad: “Time for a new economic patriotism”
==================================================

Another words:

Four more years of *Shovel Ready* Speechys!

canopfor on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Charlemagne on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I CONCUR!!!!!

Abso-freaking-lutely!
mrsmwp on September 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I CONCUR!!!!!

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM

It appears Obama has changed his mine on what he thinks is patriotic or not.

Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic.

JeffinSac on September 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Old and busted: ‘Dissent is patriotic’

New and Shiny: Economic Patriotism–you owe it to me.

GoodSamaritan on September 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Obama wants the results without implementing the necessary policies.
Then again, maybe he’s just peddling a bald-faced lie.

22044 on September 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

What a word smith he is! People are tired of listening to him though. My ears just tune him out, blah blah blah. His words are meaningless, look at his actions. Disaster.

LeftCoastRight on September 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

So let’s dust off the old detail free plan and add a million jobs to it. Let’s not define what a ‘job’ is or explain how we’ll ‘create’ them, because that would ruin the effect. I mean if we could just have 1000 more Solyndras, that would be 1 mil manufacturing jobs right? Nowhere did he say they would be sustainable jobs.

That’s Obama’s whole schtick after all: provide no real path on how he’ll achieve the outrageous promises, and simply blame it on headwinds/Bush/Do-nothing congress after the failure becomes self evident.

I think Stef Cutter is really hurting him as a spokestool these days too. She’s developing a nasty tic from the outrageous lies she’s spinning on his behalf and tends to double down. After claiming the economists are the ones predicting 12 mil jobs, she went on to say ‘we can do better’.

I don’t know who these undecided voters are, but I hope to God they have people around them who love them and can share with them what’s really behind the choice we face as a nation.

CitizenEgg on September 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

He forgot to mention the free IPhones. (link from Drudge)

whatcat on September 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Are we not basically borrowing the money for the war? Does he plan to continue borrowing money to pay down the debt? This is beyond common sense!

oldbearak on September 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Let the Louse in the House twist and turn in the wind…

A Tornadic Hurricane is a-coming!! Lets BLOW his ass away!!

Oh God, Please wake more americans up!! Amen…

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I’ve heard fascists talk before, and they sounded just like this.

Rebar on September 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I like Erika’s posts. She’s exceedly good at putting into words all the pent up sarcastic and bitter sentiments I hold against this administation. In other words, she excels in the art if saying, “Get the f outta here and give me a break with all of that sh….” without actually SAYING that. ;)

LiquidH2O on September 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I don’t get mad at Obama when I see ads like this. I get mad at the retards who will believe it.

Mark1971 on September 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

It really is a shame he isn’t President now so he could implement this wonderful plan. Oh wait.

lowandslow on September 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

A charlatan is president.

The land is being hoaxed, volens.

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

“New economic patriotism”…sounds an awful like that might mean “redistribution of wealth.”

Waggoner on September 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Ha! Romney has a five point plan. ‘Me too’ comes up with a five point plan.
Romney promises 12M jobs. ‘Me too’ promises even more.

Romney does a direct into camera ad. ‘Me too’ does the same.

Somebody in this equation looks desperate.

Mitsouko on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

You beat me to it. That’s exactly what it seems like he’s doing. Of course, we shouldn’t be surprised that he’s reacting to his opponent rather than leading.

changer1701 on September 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

What does that mean?

Just another way of saying, “Bend Over!”

jaydee_007 on September 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

All he’s trying to do is insert the word “patriotism” into his drivel because of his disastrous handling of the Benghazi situation.

Of course, he wants people to believe that he actually has an economic plan, however the reality is that he lies – always.

The next four years will be more of the same, i.e. looting the treasury for his cronies, ignoring the plight of American citizens as they remain out of work, blaming everyone and everything and whining that the situation was sooooo….. bad that it’s impossible to fix in two terms…. Americans simply expect too much from their leaders…. and not to be overlooked….. and intransigent Congress.

There are days when I can’t decide if he’s a narcissist or a sociopath. It doesn’t matter if we can get him out of office.

Cody1991 on September 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Soooo… if he’s far ahead in the polls, absolutely blowing out Romney in the swing states and reportedly going to win in a landslide…um, then why a desperate 2 minute ad to tell us all how wonderful he is????

BeachBum on September 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

It was just more of the same old same old.

Look at the mess I inherited. Don’t think about what I’ve done that didn’t work.

1,000,000 new manufacturing jobs = shovel ready!

Produce our own energy via oil (don’t ask about how many permits we approved to begin drilling cause the answer demonstrates this is a lie), clean coal (please forget that I said my administration would make you go bankrupt if you wanted to build a new coal plant), fuel efficient cars and green energy (please don’t link that to the GM bailout and the failure of the Chevy Volt or all of the “green” energy companies that went bankrupt even after we gave them hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars).

New public employees = Another failed stimulus (using money we don’t have, but it does mean the unions will support me!)

Balance the budget when congress hasn’t passed one in three plus years? Oh and Obamacare is going to kick in and that’s costing way more than we said it would now that we’ve actually read what’s in the bill. Balance the budget?!?! Ok, even I’m laughing at that one!

Look, just trust me. If you don’t you’re unpatriotic (that’s just good newspeak for racist).

Mich_93 on September 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Mark1971 on September 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Heh. No kidding. Hard to resist keying those cars with Obama stickers…er, not that I would ever actually DO that. Ahem.

changer1701 on September 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Fifth: “We gonna give eveybady a nu phone”..

Sixth: Romney sucks!

Republican Yogi on September 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Everything he says, every damn word, is either an out and out lie, a theft or the opposite of what he really means. One or the other. So every speech has to go through the “de-Obamaizing process” to be properly understood.

If the president calls for “economic patriotism” he really means, “give me more of your money”, which clearly falls into option 2 (“Theft”). If he says “the attack in Benghazi was a reaction to the movie trailer no one ever saw”, that is option 1 (“Outright Lie”). If he says, “I work very hard every day to protect this country”, that is option 3 (“opposite is true”).

MTF on September 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Ha! Romney has a five point plan. ‘Me too’ comes up with a five point plan.

Mitsouko on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Correction:

Romney announces a Five Point Plan.

Mee Too announces Five Outcomes that He’ll somehow attain by doing nothing. He has no plan!

jaydee_007 on September 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

obama ad: “Time for a new economic patriotism class warefare”

FIFY

ConservativePartyNow on September 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

New economic patriotism = free cellphones for all.

I can’t bother to watch the ad. Does he turn his head from side to side while he reads from the teleprompter? If not, this must be a first for him to look directly at the camera.

cep on September 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Donks love making up new terms that only they get to define and no one else knows what it means. It’s a tactic they use almost everyday.

Hmm… “economic patriotism” … I have no idea what that means, but I’m willing to bet it’s the same old Democrat routine, they want me to pay more taxes.

Axion on September 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I’m really depressed no matter who wins the election. Obama especially.

rubberneck on September 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Too many students on aid is why tuition rates are rising so quickly.

I don’t quite get why that’s a difficult concept.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Well that and the fact that universities have to have full department staff supporting womyn’s studies and afro-queer real estate theory to offer degrees that are absolutely worthless..except for creating more professors of womyn’s studies and afro-queer real estate theory.

HumpBot Salvation on September 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Wow, those are some lofty goals. More promises that he has no intention of keeping.

Nobama, 2012.

mchristian on September 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

The joke here is that anyone who feels the economy and jobs are an issue will not be convinced by this ad. This is an expensive mistake. Good.

Mitsouko on September 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

An interesting calculated use of tense in this ad will lead the unknowing into thinking he had already accomplished all this.

Deceptive and slick.

MarkT on September 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Typical liberal … substitutes goals for plans, intentions for results and desires for facts. He’s like a 6 year old intellect. It would be sad really if it wasn’t destroying my country.

BTW Erika …

What does that even mean?

Don’t ever change.

Lost in Jersey on September 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

How is this pack of lies anything new or different? It’s almost formulaic from starting with talking about manufacturing jobs through the idea that he’s going to ask to “pay a little bit more.”

Happy Nomad on September 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM

apply half the savings to pay down our debt

Is there a single Obama voter who knows that to pay down your debt, you need to be running surplus’?

In what year does the stuttering clusterfluke plan on running a surplus?

MNHawk on September 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Wow! The Failure-in-chief is really starting to sound unhinged! Creepy, is a perfect word for some of the Marxist slogans & Alinsky tactics coming from this regime. The biggest problem I see, is still the sycophants in the “Enemy media”, who need to have their lips surgically removed from Obama’s colon! The cover, they give their Messiah is reaching levels that, even the “old time” hacks(Even Woodward is talking about it), are feeling uncomfortable with. These clowns fear the Obama regime more then they fear losing their jobs or being humiliated and that’s got to stop! The only person the “Obama Enemy media” respects is Newt! They fear he’ll make them look intellectually inept! That’s what the Republican candidates need to do to get these clowns to think twice before they get obnoxious with them. There’s an easy & simple formula for going after the “Enemy media”, but the candidate has to have the “Intestinal Fortitude” to do it. Here’s a link to this concept: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on September 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

These are the same gullible fools that believed that Ryan referred to Romney as “Stench”. The same people who think you can borrow your way out of debt. The same poeple who think a good business plan is to make a product for $6 that you can sell for $1.50 (Solyndra) or $90,000 that you can sell for $45,000 (GM Volt). The same people that think borrowing money from China to pay people to do the equivalent of digging holes and then filling them in will produce economic prosperity. The same people that think paying a teacher’s salary for a year will magically produce a long-term job.

So, no.

talkingpoints on September 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

If Obama was in the least bit patriotic…he’d resign.

HumpBot Salvation on September 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Romney needs to one up him in the debates and declare that since Obama has done such a lousy job in AfPak, he will begin the withdrawing of troops “day one”.

I’m not throwng in the towel, but Obama has so bungled that situation, why are we staying? Make Obama the War President and Romney the Peace President.

Tater Salad on September 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

MTF on September 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Mark Levin talked about this last night and compared it to the doublethink from Orwell’s 1984 – holding 2 opposite, conflicting beliefs at the same time and believing both, depending on the circumstances.

cep on September 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Fifth: “We gonna give eveybady a nu phone”..
Republican Yogi on September 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I titled my link wrong. It’s not a free IPhone, but an “Obamaphone”.

whatcat on September 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Only a million new jobs? I thought Cutter yesterday said that economists assure of 12 million new ones all on their own, and that Obama can do even better than that.

These jokers can’t get even their own lies straight.

Liam on September 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Ha! Romney has a five point plan. ‘Me too’ comes up with a five point plan.
Romney promises 12M jobs. ‘Me too’ promises even more.

Romney does a direct into camera ad. ‘Me too’ does the same.
Somebody in this equation looks desperate.

Mitsouko on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Remember the “I have a bracelet, too” episode in the 2008 debate with McCain?

a capella on September 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Economic patriotism!

Right up there with “Forward” and “Hope and Change”.

The sad fact is 33% (the TRUE Obamabots) will eat it up. Just don’t ask them what it means.

GarandFan on September 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

God forbid the goal would be training 100,000 additional mathmaticians and scientists. No! We need to bulk up the membership rolls of the NEA and AFT.

Happy Nomad on September 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

These jokers can’t get even their own lies straight.

Liam on September 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Staphanie got confused and thought she worked for Romney. Didn’t she know that Romney has made that claim?

Tater Salad on September 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM

You are an “economic patriot” when you support tax increases to enrich the power and prerogatives of the U.S. political classes at the expense of the larger economy. But I belie my regressive character when I use terms like “tax increase” instead of the term “investments in our future,” or when I refer to the narrow interests of our political classes instead of e.g. “all Americans.”

Revision: You are an Economic Patriot when you support investing in the future for all Americans!

casuist on September 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

As usual, he has NOTHING new to offer. This is the same leftist BS that has been parroted for 30 years. Not that anyone is surprised.

search4truth on September 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

So if I choose not to buy something in the future, it allows me reduce the current debt on my credit card and spend more on something else? Unless he’s trying to pull of a fish and loaves miracle, I don’t see how he’s going to reduce the deficit with that kind of economic logic.

Over30 on September 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

So help me figure this out… lowering company tax rates to encourage growth is bad, but lowering company tax rates to encourage growth is good? I’m a little lost here…

rustybubble on September 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

apply half the savings to pay down our debt

In what year does the stuttering clusterfluke plan on running a surplus?

MNHawk on September 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Exactly. Before you can pay down the debt you have to have a balanced budget. This will never happen under Obama. I think his math skills and those of his staff are too weak to comprehend this basic fact.

talkingpoints on September 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

New bumpersticker:

…………Ask me about my retirement plan……………
It involves Obama-voters and my ammo stockpile.

M240H on September 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

When they came for the wealthy, I didn’t say anything because I wasn’t wealthy and I wanted to be ECONOMICALLY PATRIOTIC.

When they came for me and all I had, no one else said anything because they were ECONOMICALLY PATRIOTIC.

(There had been some who didn’t want to be ECONOMICALLY PATRIOTIC… but they weren’t around anymore.)

Marcola on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Obama: His talking is a complete circle jerk…

cep on September 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Round and round it goes…he just loves to jerk the weak mindeds chains…

I wish I could flush Obama down the toilet…

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

“Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.” – Samuel Johnson

Jodka on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Romney does a direct into camera ad. ‘Me too’ does the same.

Somebody in this equation looks desperate.

Mitsouko on September 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Someone in the west wing read a handbook on game theory, and decided because Barky was leading in the polls, that just like in the America’s Cup races, if Mitt “tacks” then Barky should “tack”

Brilliant bunch these dems

phreshone on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Everybody pay the progressive jizya. Spend money you don’t have, invest / endanger savings in a jiggered environment whith the FedGov picking winners and losers, hire people you can’t afford so you can give them insurance and contraceptives. In other words, personal Keynesianism, bankrupt yourselves because the Obamunists haven’t managed to quite pull that off yet and they’ve only got about 85 days left to destroy capitalism in America.

rayra on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I want to throw-up.

tbrickert on September 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Save that for the day after the election…because right now it’s not looking good…

PatriotRider on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

casuist on September 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM

More like “Economic Patriot” is a level of giving to the Obama campaign.

Happy Nomad on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Da comrade we must make do with less, pay more to hope for better tomorrows & change the energy sector to unicorns that work for you.

harlekwin15 on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

That phrase makes me check my wallet to make sure it’s still there…

blue13326 on September 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

My wallet’s still here. But what used to be inside it, isn’t.

Bitter Clinger on September 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Comrade Soetoro, Comrade Soetoro I have question Comrade!

If you can just wiggle your nose and add 1,000,000 manufacturing jobs without evil taxcuts for rich or corporations why haven’t you yet?

Will it be as successful as Solyndra Comrade?

harlekwin15 on September 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Sorry, douche-lips, I’m not feeling very economically patriotic at the moment. Do you think a few rounds of golf will cure that?

St Gaudens on September 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Marcola on September 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

LOVE THIS!!!!

Socialism is a philosophy of Failure, the creed of Ignorance, and the gospel of Envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of Misery. -Winston Churchill.

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Too many students on aid is why tuition rates are rising so quickly.

I don’t quite get why that’s a difficult concept.

lorien1973

For me the bolded part is the most stunning stupidity in this. He’s not going to cut tuition in half, JUST the growth of tuition. So it’ll STILL be more expensive. Simply put, tuition will only grow stratospherically instead of astronmically.

todler on September 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I think that it means the working class, the tax paying class, the job creating class, the moral class, the industrious class is about to take it up the CLASS!

rgranger on September 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM