Good news: Sam Adams replaces Michelob Ultra as Republicans’ favorite beer

posted at 10:05 pm on September 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

He was the first tea partier, you know.

I’m partial to the Cherry Wheat, which shouldn’t surprise you. Flavored beers are how we beta males roll.

We’ve analyzed Scarborough Research data, which includes 200,000 interviews with American adults, to determine the politics of beer drinkers.

As the bubble chart shows, Dos Equis is a bipartisan brew – Republicans and Democrats both like to drink it. So Mr. Goldsmith’s public foray into the 2012 race could alienate a large share of Dos Equis fans.

Ironically, this is in contrast to its corporate sister Heineken, which as it turns out is the most Democratic beer of all. On the other hand, Republicans love their Coors Light and favor Sam Adams, which is brewed just a few miles away from Romney campaign headquarters and whose namesake was an original tea partier.

Click the first link up top to see Hotline’s complete chart, which includes Democratic favorites too. I screencapped the Republican quadrant below. The vertical axis represents turnout and the horizontal axis represents the spread between Republican and Democratic preferences for any given brand. Which means, technically, that Sam isn’t necessarily Republicans’ favorite; it’s just that, for whatever reason, Republicans like it considerably more than Democrats do. In theory, righties could be rating it 35 out of 100 while lefties are giving it 0, whereas with, say, Fosters, the GOP/Dem rating split could be 100/99. It’s more accurate to say that Sam inspires the strongest GOP skew. Anyway:

For comparison purposes, here’s the complete chart as of six months ago:

Semi-serious question, guys: What’s with the light beers? Nearly all of them that appear in both charts are on the Republican side of the ledger. Not sure how to read that. Are we more weight-conscious than Dems or, for unfathomable reasons, do many of us just prefer weak beer? I can deal with Bud Platinum because it’s a relatively high ABV for a light, but … Amstel Light? Really? Good lord, people. Who’s the RINO now?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Boston Lager is awesome. It’s the perfect blend of hoppiness and malt. I swish every sip of it. It’s yummy good delicious nectar of the Gods. Liquid artisan bread.

wolly4321 on September 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Being 20 I can’t say I’ve had a huge amount of beer, but the Sam Adams East West Kolsch from their summer pack is definitely the best I’ve tried so far.

vegconservative on September 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hey Bishop, shall we tell these guys about San Magoo and the alligators at Pauline’s?

Oldnuke on September 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Yes, we do! Shiner Bock is one of my favorites, but I do have some great memories drinking a few LoneStars during my Aggie years!

texgal on September 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM

How do I know you are from Texas??

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I prefer Bud Light.

I can’t stand Sam Adams. It tastes horrible to me and it’s “snob” beer. I can’t stand beer snobs, who regard any beer they make more than 4 cases of a year to be “crap”.

wildcat72 on September 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Up here in Casper Wyoming we sop up our beer with our mustaches.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I’m Canadian, and find American beers watery.

Haven’t tried all listed (and to be honest I don’t drink very much so I’m unlikely to).

But do enjoy your wobbly pops.

Johnny 100 Pesos on September 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I like St. Pauli Girls because the babe on the label seem to be makin’ eyes at me. So I drink more to work up the courage to talk to her.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM

In high school, my biology teacher told us that beer’s color comes from yeast poop. I’ve never had the desire to drink beer since.

lorien1973 on September 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Then I better not tell you about bread. :)

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I like eisbock beer with pizza.

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

paulsur on September 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM

True story….early 1970′s, I had just arrived in San Angelo [Goodbuddy Airplane Patch] and it was hot…West Texas hot…and I asked my new landlord what she did to take care of the ungodly incredible heat…and she said, “I try a quart or two of Pearl beer, when I go inside.”

So, I went across the street to the Safeway and bought a couple quarts. Tried to drink one…it was awful. Never even opened the second one.

I told my landlord that this Pearl beer was horrible.

She said, “Well, ya don’t drink it. When you come in from outside, you put your head over the sink and pour a quart of ice-cold Pearl over your head. Does wonders for the scalp, cools you off fast…and will kill any critters that may have gotten into your hair while you were outside working. If you want to drink beer, find yourself a six of Shiner’s.”

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

New Propaganda Posters!!!

What WWII posters would look like today!

Resist We Much on September 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Thank you, you too!!

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Up here in Casper Wyoming we sop up our beer with our mustaches.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I understand..

The mustache is the first thing that hits the floor when the body passes out…

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I was born and raised drinking beer. It was the only thing that the Commies sold cheaply. And when the beer went stale, all the ladies used it to curl their hair because they had no hair products.

JPeterman on September 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Didn’t know stale beer could be used that way, JP, but if we don’t defeat Obama, there will be here a lot of pissed off women, which ironically may turn into a rebellion the likes of which the statists have never seen before.

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM

You do? awwwwwwwwww ;-)

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Two Brothers is a very good brewery in the Chicago area. I like Domaine DuPage. Last year, they bought Walter Payton’s restaurant complex.

Fallon on September 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

My beer of choice, Corona (with two fat wedges of lime) places me in one sad quadrant! Not that I drink much beer any more.

However, gotta have Shiner in the house at all times (best cooking beer there is).

RushBaby on September 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

wildcat72 on September 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

It’s not about being a snob.

Bud light and most beers are just produced like crap. They are rife with problems like H2S, lack of acid, poor mid palate, etc

I usually blend my beers

blatantblue on September 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

How do I know you are from Texas??

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Awesome psychic abilities? Maybe you can get a series on TLC! ;)

texgal on September 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Made me laugh!

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Awesome psychic abilities? Maybe you can get a series on TLC! ;)

texgal on September 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM

lorien1973 on September 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM

See, that’s just not true. The reason that beer is yellow is so that it doesn’t have to slow down on the way out.

RushBaby on September 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM

But it is one of the top five beer brands sold in MA.

bayview on September 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I prefer Coors Light in the beer category. Blame it on the Japanese beers (I lived there for 16 adult years). But I counteract that by the real choice of beverage being good old Virginia Lightning. So there. :-P

donkichi on September 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Where are the trolls?

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Pearl Beer is probably the reason I don’t drink beer to this day. It was always the cheapest and thus all my friends I could afford in the day. When I popped the top off of one and took a swig, I swear it tasted like carbonated urine.

That was when I swore off beer, and found another liquid mistress.

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Resist We Much on September 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I want to see you make prints and sell these posters!

They are awesome!

I already have quite a few favourites…

Oh, put them on aluminum make them look kinda old and banged up a bit, I tell you, people will go nuts for them!

Scrumpy on September 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

We Alphas need to set your butt down with us and drink a Guinness together. And darts.

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Not those weird suction-sup darts, either. You don’t have to lick Alpha darts to make them stick, or throw them at polished surfaces. :)

But then, he doesn’t get to shout YAY! either, so I guess it’s a give and take kinda deal.

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Semi-serious question, guys: What’s with the light beers?

Samuel Adams Boston Lager IS my lite beer… My regular beer is Stone Breweries Arrogant Bastard… (Allahpundit would pee his little pink Tutu if he had to drink Arrogant Bastard)…. Mwahah haha hahah…

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Trolls don’t speak beer, football, or music. They can’t stand the sight of us having fun.

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Is it okay to put a little blackcurrant syrup in it for Allah?

(That’s the only way I can drink it, but I’m not a male.)

Fallon on September 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Where are the trolls?

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Beer scares trolls… ;p

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

JPeterman on September 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

The East Germans used to have something called “tank bier” and if I recall, the Czechs had pivo z tanku which was delivered in large fuel trucks…and hand-pumped into the cellars of the local gasthauses or pubs with what looked like a large fire hose. Was less than a nickle a glass (half-liter) and sometimes had an oily, almost kerosene taste at times…but the locals lived on it.

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Yeah, Pig’s Eye. Good stuff and good history behind it.

Pig’s Eye Beer

And Pig’s Eye the guy…

climbnjump on September 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Any light beer is totally beside the point and has no reason for existing. If I’m drinking, I want beer, not water.

That said, I have no stomach for the dark stuff. A draft Sam Adams summer ale is my idea of perfection.

mrsknightley on September 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Now if Romney had a beer………

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

…(since neither Crown Royal nor Jack Daniels have yet to come out with one…

I was on a flight about seven years ago seated next to a salesman from the company owning Jack Daniels (which is based in Louisville KY – not Jack Daniels, but the parent company). He mentioned that Jack tried a beer in some test markets some years before that, but that it did not do very well and was cancelled…not sure if it was stored in whiskey barrels.

churchill995 on September 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I am crackin’ up! We used to rinse our hair with Pearl beer! I am not kidding. I was raised a good Southern Baptist girl and my momma would go to the store to buy Pearl beer and felt it necessary to explain to the checkout girl that she was not going to drink it but use it for hair rinse or beer biscuits!

texgal on September 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Is it okay to put a little blackcurrant syrup in it for Allah?

(That’s the only way I can drink it, but I’m not a male.)

Fallon on September 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Absolutely. I’ve had a Guinness Vanilla float with a couple Flight LTs from GB and had to act like I liked it. If Allah will drink it, we can put anything in it.

And darts.

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

See… I like the way you think, Electrongod!:)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

They drink those type of beers in Germany. The alcohol content is extremely high.

Blake on September 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Wait, what? Fallon is a girl too?

All these years.

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I guess a beer called Cherry Wheat would probably come with a little umbrella and straw taped to each bottle. My Gawd!

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 10:54 PM

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 10:54 PM

It really sounds awful, doesn’t it?

JPeterman on September 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 10:50 PM

There was a local brew in Valletta Malta that tasted like it was brewed with salt water and smelled like ripe fish guts. I couldn’t stomach it and had to drink imported bottled stuff, Heineken I think. Long time ago but I still remember that taste.

Oldnuke on September 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Unferth, where the hell are you,
you weasel-faced bastard?

I’m here, my King.

I want mead!

Give me some mead, my Queen!

Thank you, my beautiful Queen.

-Beowulf

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM

texgal on September 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

You were raised a good Southern Baptist girl?

Well, then, please allow me to introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste. I’ve been around for a long, long year, stole many a mans soul and faith

In effect, so I’ve been told, I am the reason for religion.

:-)

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM

In college, we used to play pool and the losers had to buy the winners a pitcher of beer with a 4 double shots of tequila floated on the top.

Beer… with a bump. That first glass would floor you if you didn’t stir the pitcher a bit first. :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Thanks, Scrumpy! Which ones are your faves?

I have so many more to do that I am neglecting my writing, but I keep running across new ones that I add to the list! I may have a whole book-full of them before I’m done at this rate. lol

Resist We Much on September 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Volume 2010: 52 million barrels
Change 10-11: -2.36%

2011 ranking: 1

The world’s top-selling beer is a pale, Budweiser-like brew that barely anyone in the West has ever heard of, let alone tasted.

It is Snow Beer.

Never heard of Snow beer and I was in HK last year. It is apparently the number one beer sold in the world, at least 2 years in a row. And not just because there are a billion Chinese.

bayview on September 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Wait, what? Fallon is a girl too?

All these years.

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Smart conservative women can hang with anyone. :) I linked to my food blog for a while (which made it pretty obvious I was a *ahem* “girl”) but I started getting a lot of hits. It made me a bit uncomfortable, so I unlinked.

Fallon on September 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Sorta like finding out that Taylor Hanson was a guy…

:-)

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I rarely end up disappointed from drinking a beer.

However, I avoid:
all beers by Budweiser, Miller, or Coors
all light beers

22044 on September 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM

churchill995 on September 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

There are some really good Bourbon Barrel Ales. I wonder why theirs didn’t test well.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM

texgal on September 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

You sure momma wasn’t takin’ a little tasty here and there? ;-) Seriously, though, what the hell does beer do to hair, I know it’s good to help rise biscuits.

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Sam Adams Honey Porter is my all time favorite. Too bad it is discontinued. Sooo, I am currently perfecting my own honey porter recipe.

Yep. Chicks dig guys who make their own beer. And it’s nothing like the BW3 commercial, btw.

loudmouth883 on September 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Uh, where the heck is Yuengling?

wte9 on September 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It makes it shiny and the curls last longer because it’s sticky…..I think.

JPeterman on September 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

We used to call this Tattoo Prep.

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Well, this is good news. Sam Adams is good, flavorful beer.

Sam is a cousin of mine, and his birthday happens to be today. Happy birthday Sam!

TheLoudTalker on September 27, 2012 at 11:08 PM

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I would ask you you are able to make that determination, but perhaps I’d rather not know…

climbnjump on September 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Uh, where the heck is Yuengling?

wte9 on September 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Hasn’t been the same since the fire. :-)

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Apparently beer preference suggests I’m a Democrat. C’mon fellow Republicans, what’s with all these light beers? I thought we were the red meat eating full bodied beer drinking party.

netster007x on September 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Lol! “The beer rinse gives bounce and volume to my hair, adds shine and brings out the curl. It closes the hair scales which makes the hair shine.” http://www.venusianglow.com/2012/01/beer-hair-rinse.html

Momma knows best!

texgal on September 27, 2012 at 11:14 PM

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

climbnjump on September 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM

As a Texan, I can confirm, Pearl tasted like carbonated crocodile urine. Determination, har har har, ahem. My ‘rents were so cheap they drank Busch (they were not so cheap to drink Pearl). But I visited Pearl Brewery as a kid and it was freakin awesome, featuring some of the world’s most freaky taxidermy.

RushBaby on September 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Ill teach all of hot air how to balance beer out

And how to blend :P

When I’m at a bar I like blending. Take three ipas and blend from there

blatantblue on September 27, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I’ve noticed a direct correlation between Obama’s time in office and the alcohol content of my preferred brew. I’m now drinking high octane brew like Ten Fidy.

We need to turn out President Eye Candy before I end up at AA!

CliffHanger on September 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM

…featuring some of the world’s most freaky taxidermy.

RushBaby on September 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM

So that’s where Pearl got their urine. Cheaper than hops, I suppose.

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM

blatantblue on September 27, 2012 at 11:16 PM

OK, son, where the hell have you been???

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I never was one for “carbonated yeast-water”.

listens2glenn on September 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

vegconservative on September 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM

… at 20…I was drunk all the time unless I was in class…seeing you on Hot Air…still gives me hope for this country!

Where are the trolls?

Electrongod on September 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

…come on E g !…you know they’re not here cuz they eatshit and drinkpiss!

KOOLAID2 on September 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Miller is piss! Coors isn’t much better, but I’d drink Coors before Miller. Bud Lime is the best cooking beer, and I love a cold Bud Light, but I really prefer a red of any kind over most pale ales. I’m not much of a beer drinker anymore though. I prefer a fine VSOP Brandy and when I can afford it (not very often recently) I much prefer a good cognac!!! Twice the buzz and half the volume! Burns so good goin’ down!

Vntnrse on September 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM

RushBaby on September 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Lived 10 years in Tejas. Very damn fine years. After much research, I determined a can of Pearl was best situated next to a large shot of Herradura.

M240H on September 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Lurking!

Hope all is well.

Started Arabic courses at NYU last night. It’s good to be back on the language horse. Took it in college years back.

Shoot me an email at ctharrig@gmail.com

blatantblue on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Michelob is owned by Anheuser-Busch which is now the same with InBev, ticker Bud, Belgian owned.

Samuel Adams is an American beer.

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Revision – Inbev is Belgian-Brazilian, ticker BUD.

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Interesting.

But, the Chevy Volt is American made.

I prefer my German-made Mercedes 560SEL. Still a great car after over 20 years.

Sometimes, economic patriotism has its limits.

:-)

coldwarrior on September 27, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Porters and stouts are for real men. I wouldn’t think of drinking a light beer of any flavor. Fruit flavored beer is for metrosexuals. Deschutes Brewery Obsidian Stout, Black Butte Porter, and the good old Guinness Extra Stout for me. A good double IPA will do in a pinch, as well.

Lothar Of The Hill People on September 27, 2012 at 11:52 PM

An Original Michelob Beer Summit…… With the tear drop bottle……?

Now that is heaven on earth.

Bring it back. Please.

FlaMurph on September 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Fallon on September 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM

It’s why Mrs. Hawkdriver never goes on line anymore. She will read behind me every once in a while and point to a comment and say, “Tell that bastard to go …”

hawkdriver on September 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Sam Adams seems to be a hipster thing, and too much lemon anyway. They are commonly offered at other people’s houses. I have drank most of their beers and I have not enjoyed one yet.

I like the Bud Light Platinum.

Moesart on September 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I like the Bud Light Platinum.
Moesart on September 28, 2012 at 12:00 A

BLP?!

Most flawed beer ever :(

blatantblue on September 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM

M240H on September 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I’ve had Pearl. There are worse beers. Bud Light Platinum comes to mind.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM

blatantblue on September 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM

And BB, blending beer is an art now? :-) Beer diva.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM

It is!

Ill give you an example. One night me and the guys played a gig at a festival. A Long Island brewery was serving their beers on tap.

Historically I liked their beers until I learned from one of the best winemaker/brewers in the world.

So when I was at this festival I tried their white ipa. Mostly mid palate. Then had their lager. Mostly up front flavor. Then tried another one of their beers that shined in the finish

So I did a third third third blend. Took each brew for the qualities they had to blend a good beer and my friends were shocked

blatantblue on September 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Re: blatantblue…to be young again.

Back in my Phi Delt days we blended beer often. Whatever was left in one or two cups of beer in the frat house was not wasted, just pour it into your own cup…beer was a terrible thing to waste.

That, and day old pizza, still in the box, is how I survived college.

coldwarrior on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Lothar Of The Hill People on September 27, 2012 at 11:52 PM

LMAO…you had me right up to that point. I have a friend like you, in fact he compared flavored beers like you do.

Then again, I pointed out that just like flavored coffee or tea, or even soda, it does bring a little something to the brew…as long as it’s not overdone.

Sam Adams does tend to get it right: OTOH, i will drink most light beers, except for Coronas, Dos Equis…

My only draw the line? Beer MUST be in bottles. VERY few imports I will drink from a can, unless i am trapped with no liquid at all…lol

BlaxPac on September 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

blatantblue on September 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM

You are a Renaissance Man.

That, and day old pizza, still in the box, is how I survived college.

coldwarrior on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Belly laughing here. Not sure that’s the same thing that compelled BB to blend. (As for the pizza, truth be know, many a varmint was denied scraps in the barracks using the same rationale.)

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Why does the republican party promote the consumption of alcohol. We are truly lost as a country….

nazo311 on September 28, 2012 at 12:16 AM

BlaxPac on September 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Yeah, beer in a can is only for camping, must be freezing cold and if there’s a glass to pour it in …

Well, let’s just say it would be a federal offense in Hawkslyvania to not use it.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Unibroue’s Maudite or La Fin du Monde- trader joe’s carries them.

mittens on September 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

wolly4321 on September 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Yes sir! Perfection!

On a side note, I went to Publix a few weeks back and noticed a six pack of “Founding Fathers Brewing Co” next to the Sammies and decided to give it a try because this was on the bottle:

“We believe the values and ideas that originated with our Founding Fathers are the principles that need to be preserved to keep America Strong. 50% of all profits of Founding Fathers products are donated to the families of the United States Military.”

It was pretty damn good! Kind of tasted like Sam Adams. Check em’ out!

cantaffordcollege on September 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hawk, cold warrior

Don’t get me wrong. I can roll w the cheap beers

I just know the good ones, how to fix the flawed ones, and how to blend multiple unbalanced ones

blatantblue on September 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Sorry guys! Here’s the link!

Founding Fathers Brewing Co

cantaffordcollege on September 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I was one of the mud soldiers back in the day, VOLAR was the newest innovation, and they installed beer machines in the day rooms.

That didn’t last too long…wonder why.

Sure had a lot of my troops being sent over to CEDAC (the old drug and alcohol abuse thing that MEDCOM set up out in Europe) on such a regular basis, we premarked them “absent/accounted for” on the daily sheet without even looking out at the platoon in formation.

Really did not make sense…US Army beer machines in the day rooms…stocked with American beer, at kasernes all over Bavaria.

coldwarrior on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM

If im backpacking out into the boonies for camping? I can deal with that…but better be damn sure I got a few glass steins wrapped in towels to use too.

Always be prepared…lol

BlaxPac on September 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

That, and day old pizza, still in the box, is how I survived college.

coldwarrior on September 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Cigarette butts and all???????????????????????????

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

blatantblue on September 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Good for you.

I do the same with the women I’ve known…’cept for the unbalanced ones. Those, like the beer, should be avoided at all costs.

coldwarrior on September 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

coldwarrior on September 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

For just the first couple years I was in, you could drink a beer at lunch if you weren’t flying. The guys drank way too much back then.

hawkdriver on September 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

JPeterman on September 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Just brush ‘em off…

Besides, there was a house rule about using pizza boxes for ash trays.

coldwarrior on September 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM