Quotes of the day

posted at 10:44 pm on September 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Dean Chambers, founder of unskewedpolls.com, is expanding his empire after receiving calls of encouragement from Republicans this week.

Since his website caught fire this week for ‘unskewing’ presidential polls — Chambers re-weights national polling data on the assumption that more Republicans will vote than poll results show — the blogger has purchased two additional domain names: unskewedpolitics.com and unskewedmedia.com.

The websites will “essentially unskew the bias present in political events and media coverage of political events,” Chambers told BuzzFeed. “And not only will I continue with the [polling] project, I’ll be growing it too,” he said.

***

The latest New York Times/CBS/Quinnipiac Poll shows Barack Obama trouncing Mitt Romney by 9 percentage points – 53 percent to 44. But is there a single objective political professional in Florida who actually believes Obama is leading by 9 points? In Florida?! Maybe I’ll eat my words on Nov. 6, but I loudly echo Florida GOP Chairman Lenny Curry’s sentiments on Twitter earlier today: “If you believe this mornings Fl Q poll I have swamp land to sell you. Come on man! This is Florida.”

So this brings us back to a complaint we’ve heard constantly from Florida political consultants on both sides of the aisle: Too many polls are based on an assumed electorate that has zero chance of occuring and therefore give a flawed view of the political landscape.

***

[HUGH HEWITT]: Michael, the reason I called is the latest round of Quinnipiac polls for the New York Times shows Barack Obama with big leads in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida. But it also shows a sample of plus nine Democrats in a turnout model for Ohio and Florida, and plus eleven Democrats in Pennsylvania. How do you assess the predictive validity of these polls?

[MICHAEL BARONE]: Well, I think, you know, I think there’s some serious questions about them. You know, we have to put this in context, Hugh. There’s some real problems with public opinion polling as an instrument. First of all, it’s inherently inexact. You know, random selection theory tells you that there’s an error margin, and that one out of twenty polls is outside that error margin. So let’s always keep that in mind. Second, there are low response rates now, which are a real problem. The PewResearchCenter reports that only 9% of the people that it calls are responding to polls. That’s way down from historic levels, and it raises the question are those people representative of the population as a whole that they’re trying to sample? You know, one thing that polls can’t tell you is the characteristics of people who won’t be polled. So that raises some serious questions. Are we getting skewed samples? We know from the exit poll phenomenon over the last many cycles that the exit poll results tend to come in more Democratic than the actual vote does, and measured at the same precincts. So there’s a question there. And third, we have an increasing population of cell phone only individuals, or households, who are probably tend to be younger, and probably in this election more Democratic than the population as a whole. Pollsters cannot use robocalls to call these people. They have to make expensive calls to cell phone exchanges, hand dialed, and this poses a real problem for public opinion pollsters. It’s more expensive. How many cell phone only people do you call? If those, if that population is, as the pollsters believe, significantly more Democratic, the decision on how many you call is going to affect the outcome of your poll. So and the fact is that we don’t know, because we’ve had an increase in the cell phone only population, what percentage of the voters they will turn out to be. So those are three problems that the pollsters face. Having said all that, looking at, for example, these Quinnipiac results, as you note, we see that they are more Democratic now than went Democratic in the 2010 electorate, which nationally was 35% Democratic, 35% Republican in party identification, but more Democratic than the 2008 electorate, which was 39% Democratic, 32% Republican by party ID. That’s out of line with what most political observers would have expected the outcome to be this year. Up until the Democratic convention, polling showed a consistently higher degree of enthusiasm, significantly higher, among people identifying as Republicans than among people identifying as Democrats. That gap has diminished, and I think I’ve seen one Gallup poll that said that self-identified Democrats actually expressing more enthusiasm after the Democratic convention. So it’s possible that we, you know, that Democrats are more likely to pass through the screens as likely voters or registered voters, or people interested in voting through the pollsters’ screens than they were prior to the Democratic convention. But we’ve seen these kind of polls all along, and they’re, you know, I think that you want to look at them with an asterisk in mind.

***

RUSH: I think we’re beating them in early voting. I think we’re beating them in absentee. I think our people can’t wait to show up. I’ll tell you, there’s another segment out there that nobody will ever poll, at least not the Gallups and the CNN’s and the New York Times and all that. There are a lot of people out there who are not happy at all over the encroachment on their religious freedom. There are a lot of people who do not like Obama telling the Catholic Church where to go and to get off doing that and so forth.

They do not like that. They’re never gonna be polled, but I will guarantee you (call ‘em the Values Voters) they are sitting out there and they, too, want to vote. They are chomping at the bit waiting to get to the polls. So I don’t think the suppression effort is going to work. However, the reason I spent time today addressing this and the reason I decided to is because there’s genuine fear that others will sit home.

I hear from people, friends of mine. “Oh, gosh, Rush! Do you see this? I’m worried our people aren’t gonna show up.” Nobody is worried about themselves. Nobody tells me, “I’ve had it! I’m fed up. Screw Romney. Screw Ryan. Screw voting.” Nobody’s telling me that. They’re still saying, “Screw Obama. To hell with Obama.” But they’re worried that people they don’t know are gonna be affected by it and will sit home.

***

On the same day that polls in two key battleground states — Ohio and Florida — showed President Obama growing his lead over Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate acknowledged that he is “pleased with some polls, less so with other polls.”

“Frankly at this early stage, polls go up, polls go down,” Romney said in an interview on Wednesday with ABC’s David Muir on the campaign trail in Toledo, Ohio…

“I’m tied in the national polls, both Gallup and Rasmussen have the numbers at even,” he told ABC News. “State by state you’ve got some advertising going on from the Obama people , which expresses their views on my positions which frankly, I think are inaccurate, and in some cases, dishonest.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Just stopped in for a second.

Here’s a preview of the first Romney / Obama debate.

jaime on September 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

That was awesome, jaime! Sorry you couldn’t stay longer — good night!

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Awww. I think that astonerii has been softening of recent and it may be possible to swing him/her over to the dark side to vote Romney. ;)

kim roy on September 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Don’t kid yourself. Many people voting D are not so much voting for Hopey, rather than against the big bad Republicans and their RICH Mitt. Claa warfare and leftover Booosh hate. You name it. These are the people who can’t tell you honestly why they have to vote Hopey and can’t tell you what he has done for a better America- in a non-socialist way. OBL is about it. Give the commie that credit.

I am working on 3 such Ds, who don’t know that they’re Reagan democrats. Yet.

FlaMurph on September 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I like Turtles…

SWalker on September 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Heh. We had a Tucson City Councilman running against McCain last election. The guy was an absolute loon. He would be sitting in a council meeting presentation, say about road construction in East Tucson, would blurt out something completely random like, “We ought to look into solar heating city park restrooms”, and think he had said something profound.

One of the local radio talk show hosts would play the clip you linked to whenever talking about this guy. It was hilarious.

AZfederalist on September 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Girlschool

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Ha been a while for B Fox. Forgot.

It pulled up a fave of mine on the side bar-

Shake me

Cinderella.

Noth’n like trashy glam. :)

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Did y’all notice my ‘test’?

annoyinglittletwerp on September 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Thank you, Schadenfreude. I appreciate the compliment. And you’re most welcome for the Chopin. :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Polls may be off 3 points but at least if folks think the polls are flawed people will get out to vote against Obama and hopefully his supporters will assume that they have it in the bag and stay home.

TimeTraveler on September 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

The websites are in my quotes above, hopefully, to prevent those being displayed here as hotlinks.

viking01 on September 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

..you can work in my tech support or software Q/A department anytime, old son! Some pretty fair analysis there!

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

SWalker, can you tell me what kind of statement i made? The one where i did not really mean for an answer.

If you stick around here, I might get that education I wish I was able to get.

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Rhetorically speaking, I really wouldn’t want to metaphorically place words into you mouth that I didn’t put there, so No, I’m afraid you’ll have to seek validation as well as erudition elsewhere.

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

FlaMurph on September 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I have never been a jealous kind of personality. So, your way off if your referring to me. I have also never voted for a Democrat in my life… Class warfare? The only class i hate are the ones stealing money from producers like you, me, Mitt and in 20 years my daughter.

I can tell you why I have either voted for every candidate or not voted for them. Well, except down ticket straight ticket guys.

The OP kim roy is right in two aspects. I have softened a bit on Romney, but I really want him to lock down the deficit. And Romney is the DARK SIDE, and why I have trouble with him. Hell, I went knocking on doors today for Romney. Well, actually with the hope to talk to Tagg his son. But, its the same. All four houses were planning to vote Romney before I got there and after I left.

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

When B9 is a bad girl, she’s a really good girl… ;)

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

lol..yeah.
I lost my bad girl days. :)
Cant hang like I use to. The body isnt cooperating.
I am up at 12:30 on a blog..so bad a$s huh? LOL.
I use to party till 3 and sleep 4 hours and get to work..now I am real wild.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

They can keep their Tony Bennett and bring back Mel Torme.

I also recommend the troubled teen movies Mel Torme acted in during his younger years. Ridiculous to the point of humor. One called IIRC “Sugar Daddy” was awful in a good way.

viking01 on September 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Noth’n like trashy glam. :)

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

BWAHAHAHAH… I sooo used to resemble that remark… o_O

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

lol..yeah.
I lost my bad girl days. :)
Cant hang like I use to. The body isnt cooperating.
I am up at 12:30 on a blog..so bad a$s huh? LOL.
I use to party till 3 and sleep 4 hours and get to work..now I am real wild.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

ROTFLMAO… Tell me about it… Ever try to get around on stage with a cane while playing guitar? Just don’t look as cool as when I was younger… ;p

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

BWAHAHAHAH… I sooo used to resemble that remark… o_O

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Why I took a liking to ur crazy ass then. ;)

Did you have a can of aqua net? Kip Winger hair? :)

Where is Dire? bawhahaha. I tease him.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

TimeTraveler on September 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

BINGO! Someone up the road and on other threads — think it was Del Dolemonte — mentioned that C-BS was spewing this Obama-is-inevitable pablum out at the top and bottom of the hour newscasts.

This is a powerful narcotic. I maintain it pissses us off and makes us only more determined to vote (see AP’s opening graph on the “Polls” post.) But, over 40 days, it will turn the libnads into zombie-like Cousin Pookies.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz…..

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Yeah, Rhetorical, that is the word. Do you see anywhere where I could have improved that sentence so I would have been more certain to get the rhetorical aspect into it? I cannot metaphorically give voice to text and all. But I think talking with you will bring me the erudition I am seeking.

Mentors can do so much for a person. You agree?

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Why is it my favorite song or why don’t I contribute a tune?

gophergirl on September 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Tune contribution. :) Sorry. I got distracted and missed it.

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Tony Bennett is still around, but I don’t like him, but that’s largely political, although, to be honest he never really thrilled me as a singer anyway.

Let me check on some of the other old timers.

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Regardless of Bennett’s liberal politics, a mancanza di rispetto to his sponsor, Sinatra, I would never put him up there with the “crooners” of legend anyway. A back-bencher at best.

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Just for a read…

wolly4321 on September 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

LOL
Well no- if I did it would be karaoke and trust me- you dont want that. :)
You have 10 on me but I feel ya. I still think I am cool-others disagree. :)
Music for me is memories too- glam was my high school days and so many good times. Just fun-
Now-you could look cool with a cane-if you do it right. ;)

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Why I took a liking to ur crazy ass then. ;)

Did you have a can of aqua net? Kip Winger hair? :)

Where is Dire? bawhahaha. I tease him.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Nope, gave up my aqua net years ago, still have the long Robert Plant/Kip Winger hair though.

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Speak Softly Love – Andy Williams

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Did y’all notice my ‘test’?

annoyinglittletwerp on September 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I did. But it frightened and confused me, so I pretended it wasn’t there and thought of street-legal three wheelers until I forgot about it.

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

How about snakes? *shivers*

gophergirl on September 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

This stuff is the cure for that:
Box

Cutaway View

Works a treat on rattlers or whatever is bugging you. Just pick a place to live that doesn’t have any issues with loud noises.

AZfederalist on September 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Mentors can do so much for a person. You agree?

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I don’t know, I always heard that if you put Mentos in coke it goes wicked crazy…

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM

viking01 on September 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Yes. The Velvet Fog. Torme was great. :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Where is Dire? bawhahaha. I tease him.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Good evening!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I’m falling asleep at my computer which means time for bed.

Night all

gophergirl on September 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

If Ever I would Leave You- Goulet

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Wasn’t taking a shot at you, here-…. Just extending Kimbo’s thought.

Reprogramming the censored citizen is not easy, but the facts are very good discussion points. Once you teach the uninformed how the media controls theirbthought process… They can get pretty resentful.
I was always told…….”don’t let someone do your thinking for you” Timeless advice.

If your in the trenches, that’s awesome – on any level. Because it is a fight for the future of this country.
No on can deny that it isn’t.

FlaMurph on September 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

gophergirl on September 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Goodnight, GG. Sleep well! :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Rodney Glassman did like turtles. Ward II here. What a tool he was/is.

wolly4321 on September 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM

How about some pop rocks? wicked exploding fizz.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM

..Gasp! First renalin and not stoner.

Seriously, we understand where you are coming from. I respect the fact that you hung out through the first salvos and proffered reasoned arguments and rebuttals. Like I said earlier, my motivation is just to get Obama out because there is (I feel) a grave danger I another four years of this.

After that, me and Schadenfruede and Bazil9 and the rest of the crew are 100% will pretty much be lining up with the principles you espouse, more in common that difference, I believe.

By the way — serious question — how’s the headaches?

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

LOL
Well no- if I did it would be karaoke and trust me- you dont want that. :)
You have 10 on me but I feel ya. I still think I am cool-others disagree. :)
Now-you could look cool with a cane-if you do it right. ;)

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

ROTFLMAO… My 11 year old niece and 10 year old nephew informed me last weekend that I was not cool and hadn’t been since the days of the dinosaurs… That was quite the shock to my ego I must confess… ;)

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

..Gasp! First renalin and not now stoner.

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Good evening!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Hahaha..you smelled the aqua and glam..admit it! :)

btw- I heard about your pj’s. I stopped swooning over sparky now. He doesnt have those. ;)

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM

That is true. Profound. I think that mentos statement has completely over powered my brain. You have a nice night. Maybe you can teach me a new form of communication style tomorrow. Although i am still a bit fuzzy on that sardonic thing… Maybe you can hit me with a few new examples tomorrow.

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Good Night folks! See you soon!

KCB on September 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

gophergirl on September 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

..oyasumi nasai, GiGi-chan.

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Fly Me To The Moon -

SINATRA

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

KCB on September 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Goodnight, Ken! Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

FlaMurph on September 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I was always told, “Never trust anyone over 30″ Now I have finally learned to be very careful of trusting anyone under 30…

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

By the way — serious question — how’s the headaches?

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I had one last week. Unfortunately, aborting it with v!codin gave me a rebound one over the weekend. Cannot afford any time off work with the wife out of town. Vacations out of country are expensive!

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Good night KCB!

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

“re-weights national polling data on the assumption that more Republicans will vote than poll results show”

ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha
ha

OKAY WHATEVER YOU SAY

Dave Rywall on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM

This is problably the youngest “crooner“??!!??..Although he is probably not in the top 25 of “crooners” ..:)

Dire Straits on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

..oyasumi nasai, GiGi-chan.

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Don’t touch my mothers mustache…

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

You Belong To Me – Dean Martin

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

G’nite GG. Do fried pickles go with steak?

Going to bed too. The folks here play late, but I get up early. The fun starts after my bedtime most nights.

wolly4321 on September 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

OKAY WHATEVER YOU SAY

Dave Rywall on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

HA’s resident illegal has spoken.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on September 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I love Sinatra. Summer Wind.

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Dire Straits on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I see your point… not sure where to place him, either. :)

How about Michael Buble? I think he’s younger and he’s considered a ‘crooner’ these days.

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

LoLz..I would not trade my Dark Side of the Moon PJ’s for anything..:)

Dire Straits on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Hey, Cut me a break. I got some on the way from Amazon.com 2nd day air.

The first order was a total mix up. They sent me pink PJs. Somehow they forgot about the Floyd part. I wore them a couple nights but sent them back.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

:) well I have you rolling laughing-so thats good.
Yes, how did it happen man?
My nephew is 1 and 4 months..so I am cool for now..but just wait- I will be some weirdo to him in 11 years. lol

I was at a B-Day party last weekend back home and we brought up our high school days- including the aqua net and the girls with our big swish bangs-ripped jeans and other oddities. The one time I miss friends my age- we remember how dorky we were. LOL. good times.

One day they will realize your cool Walker. Too young for now. One day they will brag about uncle.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Dave Rywall on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Laugh — Obama’s losing anyway.

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Actually, I was saving these guys for a special night at Club Hot Air, but I guess events have engulfed me. :)

SO… let’s indulge ourselves. :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

No on can deny that it isn’t.

FlaMurph on September 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Your comment did not feel like an attack, so I did not attack you back. Why I gave you a solid answer.

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Laugh — Obama’s losing anyway.

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM
——
Would you care to bet or do you just talk and talk.

Dave Rywall on September 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

ALERE FLAMMAM VERITATIS, and to all a good night.

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Dino!
Sway

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Amazon.com,

Get it right next time. If my GF leaves me I will sue you for Harshing my Mellow.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Funny thing is they actually know what I used to do for a living, but at the same time they also know I’m Uncle Steve who has always just been old Uncle Steve.

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I have a serious thunder storm moving in. I’m not sure I’ll be able to stay on line. If I go off suddenly not to worry, just an outage. :(

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

ALERE FLAMMAM VERITATIS, and to all a good night.

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Axe, get your Butt in gear. You got some decoding to do, son. Bring that contraption with you this time, no dicken around this time.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I wore them a couple nights but sent them back.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

lol- no break then.

I wont tell u my pj’s but we would look like a drag disaster or something -lmao.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

TXUS on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Goodnight, TXUS. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I love the Rat Pack.

Did you know that when Sinatra/Dino/Sammy played at hotels in Vegas if the hotel they were playing at wouldn’t allow Sammy to stay there (segregation), Sinatra wouldn’t stay there either? The hotels usually folded & allowed Sammy to stay too — went a long way toward desegregation Vegas.

Sammy Davis, Jr. Too Close for Comfort

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Too cool! :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I wore them a couple nights but sent them back.

SparkPlug on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

lol- no break then.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM

What are these PJ things you guys keep speaking of?

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Goodnight TXUS.

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Good point!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

viking01 on September 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Blocked *.chaltura.com and got a speed improvement. Still doesn’t address the other problems.

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I have an Uncle Mike..slightly older then you. Played in many bands in LA back in the day but never made it. When I got older- bragged about him and his stories. It will come. :)
he is still in a band here in Fl but for fun. He got his degree in comp programming in his late 30′s and his now a clean cut stiff. :)

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

That was weird. I didn’t mean to post that yet. :) I was typing other problems. :)

Meh. Not typing all that twice.

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Swinin’ on a Star – Crosby

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Sorry …SWINGIN’ ( damn)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

OOOOOOOO! I get it now! I’ve read through this thread 3 times and still have no idea what the hell’s going on, but I got your test posts. :)

OK, that’s one.

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Sorry …SWINGIN’ ( damn)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

***psst — save the ham for tomorrow. :)

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM

It’s Lincoln and it’s a worthy read. Well worth the time. It seems timely.

wolly4321 on September 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Common here here in El Florida- thx for the warning-you usually say when you headed to Z land.

Fall is here..finally..was it 81 today? lol
Nice breeze and not deadly. Cant wait for 3-4 months of non- suffocation.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Witchcraft- Sinatra

LOVE!

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Would you care to bet or do you just talk and talk.

Dave Rywall on September 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

There are only 3 kinds of Obama supporters — not necessarily voters, mind you, but people who support Obama to the extent that they troll the internet spewing their b.s. talking points in the hope of upsetting/antagonizing/demoralizing people:

1. The Corrupt
2. The Parasites
3. The Sociopaths

I don’t care which one of the 3 you are, but I’m certainly not making bets with you.

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:13 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Its been hot here, too. Sultry out. I’ve got the air on. Can’t wait for cooler weather, either.

Not signing off just yet… playing ‘up a storm’ while the storm moves in. LOL!

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 1:11 AM

OOPS! :)

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I’m falling asleep at my computer which means time for bed.

Night all

gophergirl on September 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

NO! You didn’t tell me why you don’t post tunes.

Fine. Sleep. Dream of Bill Murray.

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

A little played Dino song: Who’s Got the Action?

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Follow Rasmussen and disregard all other polls.

Jack_Burton on September 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Cry Me A River – Julie London

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Not signing off just yet… playing ‘up a storm’ while the storm moves in. LOL!

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Hmmm, a storm? that’s where the ground shakes and rattles everything off the shelves right? Wow, you guys get advanced warning that a storm is coming, wish we had advanced technology like that out here in California… ;p

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Night GG!

Dark Star on September 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I have the air on 8 months of the year at least. One reason I miss Cali. :(
I am ready to rip open the windows and have real air!
I also love when the clock turns back (I know..most disagree with me) but I love the cooler evenings and the night.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

..well, my prayers are with you. V|codin is a rough way to go. I was on it for a while and the real killer is the diminishing effects. Stay frosty, friend.

The War Planner on September 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

– but

Axe on September 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I’ve always been a night person. I used to love when twilight would hit the desert. The sun sank behind the mountain range and suddenly the whole desert was bathed in cool. The sun is so intense there, during the day, that it often feels like it actually beats down on you. When it stops is shear heaven.

I’d put the top down on my Mercedes and cruise the highway from one end of the valley to the other. It was wonderful.

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Fly To The Angels

SWalker on September 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Let’s Never Stop Falling In Love

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM

thatsafactjack on September 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Funny how we always agree.

I don’t write like you but yes. Endless hours of heat and the sun beating down on you and then waking up to darkness just isn’t biologically right. Sleep in light-wake up in dark. Doesn’t work for me. I adore the end of day late savings time..I am usually in the minority.
I will be taking the entire top off my jeep for the 1st time-cannot wait.

bazil9 on September 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM