Guy who’s been tearing Romney apart for months: America’s not as divided as our politics suggests

posted at 8:49 pm on September 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Textbook Obama. He and his Democratic cronies have banked his reelection on caricaturing Romney as a soulless plutocrat and tax cheat who enjoys exporting the jobs of steelworkers with cancer-stricken wives. As recently as two days ago, his pal Harry Reid casually suggested that Romney had “sullied” the Mormon faith. And yet O continues to push the Lightbringer crap at his rallies about how we need to come together. It’s basically shtick now, and so audacious in its hypocrisy that even Politico reporters are laughing at him publicly:

Time for Romney to unload on him? Sort of. He accused Obama of engaging in “character assassination” in an interview tonight with CBS, but then followed up with this:

CRAWFORD: What do you think, I mean, we hear this over and over again from your conservative supporters, be more aggressive. What do you think they mean by that, why are the feeling that frustration, that anxiety?

ROMNEY: Well, I can’t speak for the viewpoints of all the commentators, and people I meet from place to place. Some people say, “Just be who you are!” Others say, “Get tougher! Attack!” And my own view is this; I’m going to be who I am and describe why I think I’m the person who’s going to become the next president of the United States, and how my policies will make life better for American families. You’ve got a lot of single moms wondering how to put food on the table at the end of the week. You’ve got a lot of people can’t find work. That’s the group of people I want to speak to. And that’s why I think I’ll be successful…

CRAWFORD: Last question. Do you think the news media, the mainstream media is in the tank for President Obama?

ROMNEY: Well, I think we have a system of free press, people are able to provide their own perspective based on their own beliefs, I think there’s some people who are more in my camp, there’s a lot of people who are more in his camp, and I don’t worry about that.

Friendly advice for Mitt from a rare New Yorker who’ll be there bright and early at the polls for him on election day: When a reporter asks you if the media is in the tank for Obama, you say yes. Not because you’re looking to score a point. Because it’s the simple, self-evident truth.

Here’s Jason Chaffetz saluting the Senate majority leader’s special take on “the politics of hope.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Mitt Romney: Obama is a nice guy in over his head.
Obama: Romney is rich and killed a woman and has not paid his fair share in taxes.

Nice guys always finish last, Mitt!

mrscullen on September 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Give me an honest answer..if Obama were fish belly white..do you think Mitt would have a diff response? Even insane McCain and his ass kissing?
I do.

They need to drop the race fraidy cat sh$t and fight.

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM

A vapid repeat of his equally vapid convention speech: Let’s all come together in togetherness together and move forward together into a togethery future. Together.

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I love this man. Wow. He is literally the smartest, coolest, bestest human being to ever walk the earth.

the new aesthetic on September 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM

No I said that Mitt Romney and Barack Obama were Anti Christ. Way different than the Anti Christ. The bible says there will be many Anti Christ.

Steveangell on September 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

And maybe your one of them..who knows-I don’t. The wolf comes in sheep’s clothing does it not? heh.

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM

anyone discouraged by these so called polls should take a moment and a deep breath. You’re falling for a narrative – one pushed by the biggest bunch of journOlist fools ever assembled.

Slade73 on September 26, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Today’s batch:

Propaganda Revisited: We Wuz Robbed! The Way We Should’ve Fought World War II! – Part III

Resist We Much on September 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Newt would have hit that media bias softball out of the park.

But Mitt is, well, Mitt. Too nice and classy to win against a Chicago thug. It’s McCain 2.0. And it appears to be over. Hello $20 trillion in debt, Obamacare, and $6 gas.

Turn off the lights.

kevinkristy on September 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I do.

They need to drop the race fraidy cat sh$t and fight.

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I don’t because I’ve seen it before when the dem was white and the GOP was a squish like Romney.

bgibbs1000 on September 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

To me Mitt forcing jews in Nursing Homes to starve or eat Muslim blessed food is about as evil as it gets.

Steveangell on September 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

One of the slimiest lies that Newt ever told during the primaries that was debunked several times. And you fell for it. Why am I not surprised?

JPeterman on September 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I thought I deserved it. The hits, the kicks, the berating. I thought the party loved me, and they were going to make the deficits go away. protect me from massive government encroachment in my life. They were so awesome in the beginning. Speeches such as the Shining City Upon a Hill. Promises of Read My lips, No New taxes, followed by taxes… Then the attacks on my liberty. TSA, DHS, Wiretapping! After I left them, they came back with offerings of Tea, and as a sucker, I bought their lies that they had changed… They were going to be responsible, starting with a $100B cut. I bought it hook line and sinker, even the part about cutting funding for Obamacare implementation. But here we are, years later, and none of it was delivered or even attempted to be delivered. I caught them sleeping with the Democrats. Actually increasing spending!

What did I do wrong?

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM

FACE IT delusional Mittbots…….he is going to give a gracious concession speech.

I swear this MUST be a plot by the gop to let the democrats win Presidential elections.

Dole/McCain/Mitt.

They are just happy getting the nomination and that’s it. Can you believe this Romney guy is the same gut that Carpet bombed the republican primary opponents????

Australia or New Zealand…….decisions cecisions.

PappyD61 on September 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Nice guys finish second.

Newt would be kickin some serious butt about now.

fogw on September 26, 2012 at 9:29 PM

The MSM wouldn’t have to forge 9 point D voter leads in the polls for Newtron. They could actually, honestly put out ones that showed him losing by Goldwater/McGovern levels. Newt’s a great idea spitballer and media chewer, but he’s a walking time bomb with a bad past as a cheatin’ dog.

ebrown2 on September 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Resist We Much on September 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Hey girl- sent you an email tip. Under BNINE subject.

Superb job.

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Man, how many of you people are running to hide under your bed already? Remind me not to call you for backup in any situation worse than a flat tire.

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Australia or New Zealand…….decisions cecisions.

PappyD61 on September 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Don’t let the door hit you in the a$$.

JPeterman on September 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM

bgibbs1000 on September 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

So you deny any effect race has played the last 4 years? Better tell the D’s and the media to put away the deck of race cards..
I have seen squish as well..this is a lot diff imo. If you disagree- well alright.

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM

And maybe Obama camp now is shifting into their ignoring the opposition because their internals are now showing its over in Fla and Ohio?

This is what usually happens when the race breaks loose.

I hope Ryan wins his seat back, although the Congress will be soon be nothing more than a Continuing Resolution passing organism. All real power will rest at the White House.

Anyone know doctors or oil company employees or natural gas Frackers…….prepare them.

PappyD61 on September 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM

OT but funny. “On the last touchdown of the Green Bay game, I said, My God! How could the NFL allow (Joe) Biden to referee a football game??!!” –Dennis Miller.

KCB on September 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Thanks. I got it. As soon as I finish with the ones that I have on deck, I am going to get to it. I already have some ideas. If you think of anything else, let me know. :-)

Resist We Much on September 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Even when your leading (as I believe Romney is in the internal polls of both camps), the problem with a “do no harm” strategy is that when employed against an opponent who’s willing to wipe you from the face of the earth, the only harm that will be done is to you.

TXUS on September 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Australia or New Zealand…….decisions cecisions.

PappyD61 on September 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

France, you have something in common with them.

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

They have to hide under the bed, they’ve already pissed all over the mattress and it stinks.

JPeterman on September 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM

In defense of Romney, he’s acting Presidential! What is wrong with that?

nobar on September 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM

quinnipac NYTimes/CBS tells me Romney is losing

like omg, panic

*this is me panicking*

Slade73 on September 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

bgibbs1000 and astonerii what a sad pair of losers…. Romney has given you purpose…without him you’d have to live your boring little lives but at least with Romney you can come to Hotair and twist your tired criticisms over and over and yet never saying anything new. You should send Mitt a thank you card…I bet your better halves(if you have one) are more than happy to have on the computer than to have deal with you cranks any more than is necessary.

CW on September 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I am bishop and I am in a fetal position, I smell weakness in candidates and mitt is weak

Conservative4ev on September 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM

But but but Mitt will fire the Death Star…….

After the primaries.

Right before the convention.

Immediately after the nomination is official.

After Labor Day.

Probably right before the debates.

Oh definitely after the first debate.

Right after the 2nd debate, that’s when people really pay attention.

Night of the third debate, sure thing.

After all the debate clutter.

The weekend before the voting starts.

Queue the MittBot ranting……..5……4…..3…..

PappyD61 on September 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Face palm, good grief, jeeesh. Yeah I disagree. This squish is worse than anything I have ever seen because this time it seems deliberate by Romney to insure he loses. Can you not see that? Let them play the race card, matter of fact I wish they would because it just might help Romney. So stop already with the race excuse you sound like a leftist.

bgibbs1000 on September 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Obama’s campaign doesn’t have the leads the polls say it does and it’s showing.
He wouldn’t have to keep trotting out Cutter to continue telling bald-faced lies.
And when Politico, no friend to Romney, is calling him out for his own lie referenced above, that is telling.

22044 on September 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

CW on September 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

You really have nothing to attack. So you just attack the person. Must be happy being you. Not having a functioning brain. I hear ignorance is bliss. You are probably the most blatantly happy person in your state.

Feel free to actually come up with a criticism of what we write. You know, something that is not just an attack. Actually have a compelling case why we are wrong.

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Resist We Much on September 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

U bet- wasn’t much but a thought.
Keep on rock’n it girl!

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I’ll see some of you at QOTD. This thread is collapsing under the vomit being spewed by the ABRs.

22044 on September 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Conservative4ev on September 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Weak again how? By answering a question tactfully and depriving the MSM of the pleasure of a basis for headlines screaming “Unhinged Mitt Blames Campaign Woes on Press Coverage as Polls Show Election Slipping Away” ?!?

To anyone who matters, the answer was already clear and Romney wouldn’t have been asked the question if it weren’t designed to hurt him in some way. If you’re sitting on the subway with a bunch of other people and a filthy, drunken homeless person with no teeth stumbles on and sits down right next to you, it’s not really necessary to point out to everyone else, “Hey, look at this stinking bum!” It’s pretty much understood.

cynccook on September 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Hi, my name is astonerii, I am a recovering Republican. I have been a member since 1988 and was a fan from 1980 through 2011.

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I seldom would bring such a thing up.

But when they attack I will defend especially when they do not repeat the context.

Steveangell on September 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM

bgibbs1000 on September 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

No- I might even tend to agree with you
and I am not making excuses- just a point or observation-which I blame many on the right for and their tippy toe sissified lack of spine-including their pandering to Hispanics.
But thanks for the nice exchange.

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Wow, LOT of new names in this thread.

Latest Axelrod Sleeper Cell Activation?

Del Dolemonte on September 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Just ignore him Astonerii. He’ll probably respond with ‘Blah Blah Blah’ anyway. That’s all he seems to know.

bgibbs1000 on September 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I seldom would bring such a thing up.

Steveangell on September 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I do not understand what you wrote.

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

PappyD61 on September 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

The PappyD60 Unit was much funnier.

Del Dolemonte on September 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

bgibbs1000 on September 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

he is easy to chase away. Once you call him out for repeatedly repeating his attack on repeating his repetitive attacks on repetitive arguments and repeating the repeating he gets confused I think.

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I seldom would bring such a thing up.

Steveangell on September 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I do not understand what you wrote.

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

never mind, i got it now.

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM

He should have just Breitbart’d them and said.

WHAT do you think……?

MontanaMmmm on September 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM

22044 on September 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I know dude- I just had to change shirts.

bazil9 on September 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Well this makes me feel a little better

Conservative4ev on September 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

22044 on September 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Either that or you put the Romney bobble head down your throat too far again.

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Conservative4ev on September 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Maybe you can get some sort of deal with others here on one-way flights out of the country, a group package to France.

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

There is no reason for me to respond more.

Mitt is shooting himself so often lately it would be very mean to pile on.

John Stewart will probably be great again tonight.

If some one would have told me that we would have an election with an economy like this and an Administration that is one gaff after another that gets an Ambassador killed then calls that a bump in the road and would still be tied. I would have told them they were out of their mind.

Yet here we are.

Almost like a race. Obama and Romney trying to see who can do the worst.

Steveangell on September 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Harry Reid has sullied his family name by being a child molester. Reid should go to church and ask for God’s help to stop molesting children.

jaime on September 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

astonerii on September 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Bless your little heart.
And have a good day.

22044 on September 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Conservative4ev on September 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Nah Singapore it’s has more economic freedom the US

Conservative4ev on September 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Nah Singapore it’s has more economic freedom the US

Conservative4ev on September 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

But you speak the same language as the French.

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

B9 is right.

SparkPlug on September 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

This comment is a nothingburger. Nothing for the msm to attack or hang their hats on.

Also, nothing for the weak-kneed to be bolstered by.

Mitsouko on September 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I disagree that its a softball.

Its a gotcha question.

If he says they’re in the tank, we get a week of stories about how he blames the media for his failures, that old chestnut.

He says what he says, and it causes what it has here – some disapproval and reproach from supporters for not being tough enough.

catmman on September 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Spot on. Let the surrogates make this argument.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on September 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Bishop on September 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

JPeterman on September 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM

..and I was just going to ask you guys if you could come over and help me change PappyD’s depends.

You can count on me, Bishop, to follow you to the gates of hell!

The War Planner on September 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Our country has never been so divided since the civil war or the 1960′s at least. But that has NOTHING to do with Obama. Nope.

WannabeAnglican on September 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

“America’s not as divided as our politics suggests”

“But I’m working on it.”

The Rogue Tomato on September 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

In Obama code this really means we’re not as divided as he intends for us to be.

stukinIL4now on September 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Obama is the biggest Liar, with no remorse, in all of history.

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

It takes real brass for obama to savage romney for much of a year and then bemoan “pundits” who wud divide America
— jmartpolitico (@jmartpolitico) September 26, 2012

Azzhole – this is not “brass”. He’s a charlatanic thug and you eat his sh*t and mistake it for Beluga caviar. May all of you in the media suffocate from what you consume, you morons. You’re letting him ruin the land. May you and him all go under, together, you fools.

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Up is down. It’s a surreal world.

Goebbels laughs his dead azz off, again.

Schadenfreude on September 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Obama is a black race baiter.

pat on September 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Nice guys finish second.
Newt would be kickin some serious butt about now.

fogw on September 26, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Remind me, what place did Newt finish in the primaries?

RINO in Name Only on September 27, 2012 at 3:38 AM

testing..:)

Dire Straits on September 27, 2012 at 5:22 AM

…trolls…testing…trolls…testing…

KOOLAID2 on September 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Nothing Obama says or does is without a planned strategy and goal. He is merely covering all sides of all issues so that he can later select, from his warehouse of contradictory positions, whatever he needs at the moment to back up his lie de jour.

It isn’t that liberals/Marxists believe anything as much as they’ll claim at one time or another to have believed whatever is convenient. Their souls are fundentally those of deceivers whose only truth is what they say at any given point in time.

Lies and the support of most sins (abortion, envy, sloth, deceit, deliberate division and abuse of large groups,legalized theft of property, money, dignity, etc.) are the hallmark weapons of all atheistic/communist power structures.(Hence the destruction of the family, attacks on GHod’s churches, sexualization of our culture, including children and as we see now with the fictitious war on women, even sexualizing presidential campaigns.)

This gives them one heck of an advantage with the naive or causual voter, who always hears them say pleasent cool things while doing the exact opposite.

Don L on September 27, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Right. This is the Clinton (and self-destructive Libby) narrative: “What’s the big deal? I’m not dividing the country. I’m not ruining the economy. I’m a moderate — everything’s fine. Let me keep on spending and taxing and growing government, Julia — you won’t feel a thing.”

What a snake. Call him out, Mitt. Raise the stakes.

RobertMN on September 27, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I do believe Obama deserves some blame for the White/Black crime that has occurred in inner city throughout the USA. If you blame a film for Muslim outrage, blame Obama for flash mobs.

jjnco73 on September 27, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Don L on September 27, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Very perceptive!

Marco on September 27, 2012 at 7:28 AM

So says the champion of the class warfare attack.
The man has no shame.

Jabberwock on September 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I think Obama missed his own convention.

Jabberwock on September 27, 2012 at 7:58 AM

When a reporter asks you if the media is in the tank for Obama, you say yes.

Ray.

When some asks you if you’re a god, you say YES!

Good Lt on September 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Romney…please bring your A game to the debates.

SmallGovtGuy on September 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I get the “nice guys finish last,” argument, and I worry all the time that Mitt will lose because he doesn’t punch back twice as hard.

But, the truth is, Romney is running a strong, positive race, and it’s up to us to decide if we want to abandon him because he doesn’t “fight hard enough.” If the right chooses to sit home on election day and let Obama win, they get what they deserve – and it won’t be because Romney didn’t fight hard enough.

And, if Romney had answered “Yes” to the question of whether the press is in the tank? The headline would have been “Romhney whines about press coverage.” He can’t win – unless he does win, and then everyone will say what a great campaign he rsn.

Priscilla on September 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Hi Mitt. Big fan.

But this is not a job interview. It’s an election.

You can still answer those questions more specifically and still not turn off voters. It’s OK. Everyone knows the media is biased. Answering that question- “yes” is more a statement of the obvious. There is plenty of evidence to back-up that statement. It’s not divisive. It’s a common loathing we all share.

Now as for Mr. Obama.

He carpet bombs your character for months and impugns you with mendacity. It’s had an affect, true or not. There is a way to politiely respond to those lies without appearing bitter or partisan. You are correcting the record and telling people in you own words that it is not true. That’s not ceonceited or self-ingratiating. It’s called honest articulation. Embrace it.

The Mr. Nice-Guy-I-am-above-it doesn’t work. Ask John McCain about that. That fristration people felt last general election? It’s bubbling up and now you know why.

Marcus Traianus on September 27, 2012 at 8:27 AM

GDP revised down from 1.7% to 1.3%
Durable Goods Orders down 13.2%
Weekly Unemployment Claims 359,000

Can we see some improved polls now please???…

PatriotRider on September 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM

What a f*cking loser. I’m actually cringing in disgust. Apparently, these guys love getting it in the a** day in and out.

RepubChica on September 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM

This is it for me. If Romney can’t win with this President, then the Republican Party needs to go the way of the Whigs and I will help them from then on out. Third party, baby! Fight or get the hell out.

Decoski on September 27, 2012 at 8:47 AM

RepubChica on September 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Unbelieveable. And if Romney were out there calling Obama a liar and a socialist, would he be doing any better? Of course he should have made a statement about how disgraceful it was to apologize to Islamists for that stupid video….oh, wait. He did do that, and got a solid week of press coverage as a gaffe prone, unpatriotic POTUS basher.

He’s hanging in there, it’s all the eeyores going wobbly. Obama supporters hang tough, no matter what. Our side, not so much.

Priscilla on September 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Everyone and their brother knows the press is outrageously liberal and biased for Obama. Romney is going to have to deal with them for the next eight years. Why go out of his way to tick them off? Like any competent president he can just around them.

RobertE on September 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Yes Mitt you need to be tougher and feel the fire in your belly; yes Mitt, the media is in the tank for Obama; and yes Mitt, you are “McCain 2″ and you are heading for a thumping loss. That entire Republican Party needs to fade away into the sunset.

rplat on September 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Priscilla on September 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Yes, I’m angry that my party has consecutively nominated not one, but two otherwise upstanding, strong men who do in fact lie limply on their bellies as they take it up the a## by the MSM on a daily basis.

His mistake was not pushing back on the media when he had the chance, escalate the stakes if you will. He could’ve done this at his now infamous press conference or in subsequent media interviews–get in their faces if you will.

His team folded. If you don’t plan in advance on how to push pass this media noise and distraction by firmly demanding respect and professionalism then what’s the point of running in the first place?

I tell you, for being some smart, snazzy people they’re absolutely and pitifully clueless and craven when dealing with media sabotage. Everything, and I mean everything hinges on kowtowing to the media and playing by their sham rules…no wonder these media institutions are becoming emboldened and brazen–our side legitimizes them at every turn.

Jan Crawford offered up a nice football to spike and Romney took a pass. Not even a little nudge of the football would the give to us. A nudge.

Loser.

RepubChica on September 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM

O/T: Wait for it, the empty chair will take credit for solving the NFL ref strike.

Kissmygrits on September 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

In my best phone computer voice:

Thank you for calling the Wahaaaaaa-mbulance.
Estimated wait time: 40 days.

chumpThreads on September 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Remind me, what place did Newt finish in the primaries?

RINO in Name Only on September 27, 2012 at 3:38 AM

It is interesting how much firepower Romney brought against Conservatives in the Primary. Then you put him up against someone who is the furthest left progressive extremist we have ever encountered in this nation, and nothing.
Romney, along with his Sycophants sure did attack hard in the primary. Instead of winning votes he tore down other candidates. Its much easier to destroy than it is to build.

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Statement of the obvious and “squirrel” distraction of the day.

Nobody who wants Mitt to win is looking for him to stand up and start shouting liar and flinging hyperbole.

We simply want the articulate response he is capable of.

Do it with humor and gracefully. But for Pete’s sake, do it.

There is a way to turn Mr. Obama’s fallacious attacks to your advantage and ensure that voters are not left with the impression they somehow resemble reality.

Remember, all many voters hear are these snippets. Then they repeat them. If you don’t provide a simply, easily repeated defense of yourself in a calm, matter-of-fact manner which makes the actual attacks look ridiculous, you lose that battle.

Marcus Traianus on September 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM

RepubChica on September 27, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Listen, I know how you feel…but, as Jay Cost wrote yesterday:
” Currently the polls show the Democratic base being more unified than the Republican base — that is, there are more Republican defectors, away from Romney, than Democratic defectors, away from Obama.”

Too many Repubs are weak-kneed crybabies who turn on their candidate when he doesn’t pose and preen like the playground bully.

Losers.

Priscilla on September 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

No joke! I mean, I guess he’s trying to not look like a whiner, but even libs see it these days.

Esthier on September 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Losers.

Priscilla on September 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

He might not be THEIR candidate. Thus it takes Romney to convince them he will be their presidentin office, i nstead of the progressives president in office, as evidenced by his past history.

You were warned of this in the primaries, and instead of allowing a full vetting, Romney used his money advantage and his die hard sycophants to deflect any vetting of him.

Since winning the primary, he has offered NO conservative policies in a way which makes it clear he will promote and pass actual conservative legislation, but to the contrary has given evidence he is every bit as progressive as many of us saw him in the Primary.

It is not week kneed cry baby Republicans. It is Republicans with actual moral clarity you are deliberately pushing away from the party.

Someone said in the QOTD thread that after the election they were going to be supporting mpretty much all my issues I have today. It would make it easier for me to vote Romney if that was a credible statement. Same goes for other moral Republicans. If they actually beleived that we would get conservative government action out of a Romney presidency, you would have a more unified party.

Romney is not a uniter, he is a divider. Right now he wants to build a progressive and moderate coalition and screw conservatives. It is how he acts. It is how we see him.

So again. How does promoting leftist progressive policy in the election on the Republican side make a better America?

astonerii on September 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Losers.

Priscilla on September 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

That’s adorable, but we’re talking about a man who never preens and poses when the cameras are rolling. He is mighty tuff talking on the stump, however–on occasion. When he does the alphabet network interviews he’s all smiles and kissing the ring of those who are aiding and abetting the destruction, not only of his candidacy, but of his reputation and character.

There’s just no urgency in the guy. He’s out of whack now that the media isn’t helping destroy his opponents but instead focusing their lasers on him.

‘Playground bully’? lol You guys are paragons of wussies. I hope you didn’t give yourself a nosebleed writing that.

RepubChica on September 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Ohio is closer than the polls show to be sure.

To that <a href="”>point here and here are the two hardest hitting ad’s running here right now.

Romney targeting women, Obama middle class

NextGen on September 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Formatted first one wrong, sorry.

NextGen on September 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM

One mort try, sorry.

NextGen on September 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM

RepubChica on September 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I guess you took offense. I thought we were on the same side, but apparently once ABR, always ABR.

Look, do I wish Mitt would come out swinging a bit more often? Yeah, but I’m not sure that it would work the way we think it would. I think he’s running to win, I think he’s rejecting the mud-wrestling contest that the Dems are itching for (because their guy wins in a dirty fight) and I think that he’s been out on the stump taking it to Obama every day. I haven’t seen him kissing anyone’s ring – he’s a well-mannered, patrician-type guy. That’s who he is…but he doesn’t apologize.

So, sorry that I’m not going with the Eeyore narrative (“Newt woulda been kicking some Obama azz!!”). But I’m still thinking that Romney’s gonna win.

I do hope that Mitt never calls O a “nice guy” again. That would piss me off.

Priscilla on September 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM