Obama: Israel’s concerns on Iran “noise” I’m going to block out

posted at 8:41 am on September 24, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

In the first of a couple of notably eye-opening passages from Barack Obama’s appearance on 60 Minutes last night, Steve Kroft asked the President whether he was getting his ear bent by Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu over Iran.  Obama blew off a meeting request from Netanyahu, who has made clear his unhappiness with the Obama administration’s unwillingness to set “red lines” on Iranian progress toward a nuclear weapon.  Obama told Kroft that while Israel was “one of our closest allies in the region,” when he decides on what to do about Iran, he intends to ignore “noise” from everyone else but his own team.  The Weekly Standard has the transcript:

STEVE KROFT: “How much pressure have you been getting from Prime Minister Netanyahu to make up your mind to use military force in Iran?”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “Well—look, I have conversations with Prime Minister Netanyahu all the time. And I understand and share Prime Minister Netanyahu’s insistence that Iran should not obtain a nuclear weapon, because it would threaten us, it would threaten Israel, and it would threaten the world and kick off a nuclear arms race.”

STEVE KROFT:  “You’re saying, you don’t feel any pressure from Prime Minister Netanyahu in the middle of a campaign to try and get you to change your policy and draw a line in the sand? You don’t feel any pressure?”

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “When it comes to our national security decisions—any pressure that I feel is simply to do what’s right for the American people. And I am going to block out—any noise that’s out there. Now I feel an obligation, not pressure but obligation, to make sure that we’re in close consultation with the Israelis—on these issues. Because it affects them deeply. They’re one of our closest allies in the region. And we’ve got an Iranian regime that has said horrible things that directly threaten Israel’s existence.”

Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul provided a response that not only ripped Obama for dismissing Israel’s extremely valid concerns over Iran’s nuclear program as “noise,” but also for Obama’s odd qualifiers on Israel’s status as an ally:

“Tonight on 60 Minutes, President Obama called Israel’s legitimate concern about the impact of an Iran armed with nuclear weapons ‘noise’ and referred to Israel as merely ‘one of our closest allies in the region.’ This is just the latest evidence of his chronic disregard for the security of our closest ally in the Middle East. Governor Romney’s views stand in sharp contrast to the President’s. Governor Romney strongly believes that Israel is our most important ally in the Middle East and that support for Israel is essential to extending freedom, peace and democracy throughout the region. As president, Governor Romney will restore and protect the close alliance between our nation and the state of Israel.”

Israel isn’t “one of our closest allies in the region”; it’s our closest ally in the region, and it’s not even a matter of subjective debate.  Who would be closer?  Egypt?  Oh, wait, Obama wouldn’t even commit to the idea of Egypt being an ally at all.  The Saudis?  We do a lot of business with the Saudis, but they’ve hardly been the kind of ally Israel has been — and if Obama wants to talk about democratization as the basic qualifier (which I’ll address later), then the Saudis don’t qualify at all.  It’s certainly not the Iranians, nor the Libyans, especially in the eastern part of the country.

If we are to stop Iran from gaining and then using nuclear weapons, then Israel has to be a very close partner in that effort.  The concerns of our friends over an Iranian nuclear program that will undoubtedly target them — and probably be used against them sooner rather than later — is anything but noise.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obama refuses to release any documents from his past.

His college records would reveal a lot of information that would very likely contradict the myth of the Chicago Jesus.

workingclass artist on September 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Eventually – when he’s out of office – the truth will leak out. Although, we’ll probably find out who killed JFK first.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

But the Jews will still overwhelmingly vote for him…

PatriotRider on September 24, 2012 at 8:46 AM

This. Makes one wonder how important the existence and acceptance of Israel is to the average American Jew. I honestly would like to know…

lucyvanpelt on September 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Democrat Hov Hikind (D-NY) makes Noise on Jewish Support for Hopey……

Fox,Neil Cavuto Interview:

Democrat Politician Warns Jewish Voters
Sept 13 2012
***************************************

Video:(3:26)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Funny how the DNC gets to have its people as the moderators for all the debates isn’t it?

AZfederalist on September 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I heard rumblings about Chris Wallace early on; he is truly one of the most fair interrogators in televised media. But I’m going to wander off the trail and say that I’ve seen Candy Crowley whomp politicos of every stripe into stunned silence when she has the goods on them (yeah, she’s punching beneath her weight class har-har). Too bad she got the “Town Hall” debate. Too laid back a setting for her skills (and ‘ugh’! inane audience questions).

Foreign policy will enter the debates in a big way only if Romney keeps inserting it. Look at the debate moderators. None will want a revealing discussion of recent middle east events.

I’ve wondered who decides these things? One debate domestic, one debate foreign, one debate up for grabs…Why don’t they just set schedules, then let these forums flow from news events as they happen? Still hoping that the world will intrude into each straitjacketed face-off.

DrStock on September 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I meant:

DrStock on September 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Why is this idiot our president?????? Mystifying, horrifying, exasperating, etc….

chai on September 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Me thinks Hopey,is in Co-Hoots with,

ImANutJobWearingADinnerJacketInSaneIslamicJihadyAboutToReleaseTheKook
ThatIsStuckInTheWell!!!!!!!!!!
(sarc).

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM

They marched off to the camps pretty willingly too. Not being Jewish I don’t understand this mindset, back then or today.

Bishop on September 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

They didn’t believe that what they were seeing and experiencing was really happening. They didn’t believe that it could be possible–no one could possibly do that to them.

Same with liberals today, though with a twist.

The liberal version of denial is that they back Obama, and make excuses for him. The ‘that’s not what he meant’ kind of argument.

Liberals can’t stand being wrong. Worse for them is being rejected or marginalized. Put it all together, and we have another voter for Obama.

I’m not sure all liberals know it, but everything about Obama is the absolute worst embodiment of liberalism come to life and to the fore. Liberals have to back him to the hilt, because their very egos and almost their entire ideology rest on him.

If you might take time to consider my theory, everything about liberalism hinges on Obama, no matter how demented he might become. Ad the left is going to back him. Not because they all think he’s so great, but because they have nowhere else to go.

If Obama loses the election, I think a lot of MSM pundits are going to lose their jobs; CNN and MSNBC might end up with a major corporate shakeup that creates a whole new prime time lineup.

If Obama loses the election, liberalism will be finally called into full question. Not only by we Conservatives, but also by everyone else who normally isn’t inclined to political savvy or interest.

The problem I see is that, if you’re going to be considered Christ incarnate and actually believe your own hype, everything you represent to your acolytes is going to come crashing down if you can’t deliver.

I’m reminded of an old poem I read in college. One verse always stuck in my head, after all these years:

The lion is the king of beasts
There are more lions in cages
Than out of them.
If offered a crown,
Refuse

In the end, Obama is the pinnacle and flawless example of why no one should, or ever again want to lean, liberal.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM

According to the AJC, 69 percent of Florida’s Jewish voters say they will vote for Barack Obama

That right there is mind blowing.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Maybe a lot of these liberals think like this idiot…Sometimes propaganda is more comforting than facts or maybe just easier.

“BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just days before the high holidays of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, Boca Raton resident Mark Alan Siegel — who serves the as the chairman of the Palm Beach County Democratic Party — told a conservative website that he believes Christians want Jews to be slaughtered.

Siegel made the stunning comments while in Charlotte attending the Democratic National Convention. His comments were made to conservative website PatriotUpdate.com.

According to the website, from which we borrow the following passage, Siegel is quoted as saying:

“I’m Jewish. I’m not a fan of any religion other than Judaism.” When asked if he’s not a fan of Christianity, Siegel responded, “No, I’m not. The Christians just want us to be there so we can be slaughtered and converted and bring on the second coming of Jesus Christ.”

Siegel went on to say, “They’re not our friends. They want Israel to pursue policies which are antithetical with its security and existence. The worst possible allies for the Jewish state are the fundamentalist Christians who want Jews to die and convert so they can bring on the second coming of their Lord. It is a false friendship. They are seeking their own ends and not ours.”

Later…

Siegel later issued an apology, saying:

“I apologize to all Democrats and Floridians for my ill chosen words last night. After watching the interview I realize that what I said did not accurately make the point I was trying to establish. More importantly I apologize to all Christians, Jews and other people of faith for any embarrassment or anger my remarks may have caused. Throughout my life I have practiced religious tolerance among all people of faith. I am sincerely sorry for any remarks I made that may have diminished that record. I alone am responsible for my remarks and I pray that they are not taken as the position of the Palm Beach County Democratic Party.”

workingclass artist on September 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

A rapid and very effective response. STFU Kristol, Noonan, Mika’s Lapdog etc.

Basilsbest on September 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

This has always been who Obama is. It’s the media’s fault for not showing his core beliefs. He does not like America. It’s that simple. Look at the people he associated with.

mrscullen on September 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Media is the enabler. Evil bastards.

the_nile on September 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM

The media need to be punished – severely – for their actions over the years. They aided and abetted in perpetrating a fraud on the US, continuing to this day by covering up for this clown and his puppet masters, and going so far as trying to manipulate the election with these ridiculously skewed polls in a lame attempt to suppress voter enthusiasm, while preying on the “low information voter”; i.e., the stupid, by feeding them anything under the guise of “truth” and “reporting”.

They need to be bankrupted financially. Morally, they’ve already got it covered.

Pravda would be so proud.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Who took out the secret nuclear processing site in Syria? Who enable Suxnet? Who does Obama call on when they want the job done? And I don’t think the Saudis are all that excited about a nuclear Iran.

Cindy Munford on September 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Cindy Munford:Very good points,um…..*Ìnvisible MOSSAD*!:)
(sarc).

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Does anyone find this ad just a little bit racist?

They have 1 black woman demanding birth control and another black womea at planned parenthood.

They they have 1 white woman agonizing over “choice” and and another agonizing over “rape”.

ninjapirate on September 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Racist? Uh, nope.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM

The media need to be punished – severely…

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM

+10 gazillion

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Bishop on September 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Bishop:

Interesting,on a different track I watched the movie *Prometheus*,
and I“m convinced,that the Alein mission to Destroy in order to
create,a new Earth,is a Democrat/Socialist/Progressive idea,and that
way,it`ll be a new Democrat Planet,and then……(snark):)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Video:(3:26)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Great post, canopfor. Funny–but I’ve never heard of that guy before.

Also, he’s right. American Jews voting for democrats is a disease.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM

His father was a Muslim and a commie.

His father was a commie, but not a muslim. His father was Frank Marshall Davis.

bobcalco on September 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM

The DNC Convention of 2012,on the floor vote,on the rejection of Juruselam,as the capitol city,is all one needs to know!!

DNC 2012: DNC Platform Changes on God, Jerusalem Spur Contentious Floor Vote

Published on Sep 5, 2012 by ABCNews

Democratic National Convention 2012: Delegates opposed to adding language on God, Israel’s capital to platform shout, ‘No!’ in floor vote.
***********

Video:(2:46)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Also, he’s right. American Jews voting for democrats is a disease.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I have met an Israeli on occasion.

They don’t like American Jews.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Video:(3:26)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Great post, canopfor. Funny–but I’ve never heard of that guy before.

Also, he’s right. American Jews voting for democrats is a disease.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM

RedCrow:

Well,we…(Hot Air),have been transfixed on the Romney
(alleged gaffes),and related Election goodies,I nearly
fell over,when I found this.

Finally……a Democrat calls it for truly what it is,
and what alot of us Rightys,have already figured out!–:)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Siegel later issued an apology, saying:

workingclass artist on September 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Reading his remarks you posted,how does one issue an apology for something like that without being forced to resign? It’s not only offensive, but not even accurate on its face. It betrays a woeful lack of knowledge of the fundamentalist Christian theology that has supported the creation of a Jewish state on their theological grounds and is nothing but pure hatred. Switch Jew and Christian in that statement and then tell me how someone making such a statement would not be forced to apologize and resign from their position.

“Throughout my life I have practiced religious tolerance among all people of faith.” and made those statements? Really? Those statements don’t come close to indicating a core of religious tolerance. Those statements indicate a core of hatred that you accuse others of having.

Thanks for posting that; it is really illustrative of liberal projection.

AZfederalist on September 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Finally……a Democrat calls it for truly what it is,
and what alot of us Rightys,have already figured out!–:)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM

And, he mentions Ed Koch and I’ll add Joe Lieberman who’ve both apparently turned into ghosts in the defense of Israel. Why? They both have some juice, and are not afraid (or they used not to be) of confrontation with the democrats.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM

But why should any of this matter, ’cause it’s a dead heat b*tches. A DEAD HEAT! WOO HOO!

We’re just choosing between two different dumb options, right?. One guy or the other.

Pus, Romney did something, or not, with his taxes!!!

somewhatconcerned on September 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Oops,name ker-botchment,sorry,thats

Dov Hikind,not Hov!!!!!

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I have met an Israeli on occasion.

They don’t like American Jews.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That is a way overblown assumption and generalization.

And I say this as an Israeli.

And most of you still don’t get it. The vast majority of American Jews are assimilated, with many of them trivializing Judaism, bending over backwards to go to the extremes of liberalism and leftism to disassociate themselves from their ancestral ethnicity. We’ve been calling them JINOs ever since the term RINOs came out.

BTW, this trend of Jewish assimilation is very similar to the historical parallels which took place within German Jewry in the early and mid 19th century.

Shy Guy on September 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I have met an Israeli on occasion.

They don’t like American Jews.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I saw a post by you on the first page:

Israel won’t be starting any wars.

Neither will Iran.

But Obama is going to make room for one, somewhere.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM

What did you mean when you said Iran wouldn’t start a war? I’m very concerned that if they’re (mostly) certain that they have a functioning nuke, that they would use it to destroy Israel.

I.e. I don’t have a lot of confidence in the restraint of a nuclear-armed Iran.

Do you think (a la USSR) that a nuclear Iran declines the bomb’s use because of the fear/threat of “mutual destruction?”

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for posting that; it is really illustrative of liberal projection.

AZfederalist on September 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I think he did resign after the flack.

I posted it because this propaganda has been going on since at least W’s first national campaign…but probably longer.

I follow the Temple Mount news as a hobby so I knew about it from that…It was just interesting to see this idiot spout it brazenly at the DNC.

This stuff usually stays inside…if you know what I mean.

workingclass artist on September 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Bishop on September 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Speaking on behalf of all my murdered relatives from several European countries, they had no idea what was coming. You have no idea.

Shy Guy on September 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM

That is a way overblown assumption and generalization.

And I say this as an Israeli.

Shy Guy on September 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM

That’s interesting. You first say I’m over-assuming (I won’t debate your point, because I have met only two Israelis in my life and don’t claim any kind of expertise on the matter of Israeli public opinion), then bolster my case for me.

In any case, I’m not out to try starting an argument with an Israeli. I’m totally in the tank with and for the State.

If I offended you, I apologize.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM

As I’ve commented more than once before, the only GOP presidential candidate to approach 40% of the Jewish vote in recent generations was a stylish Hollywood ex-Democrat who soft-pedaled his personal religiosity, running against a fairly sanctimonious white evangelical Christian. Politically Jews then were just as liberal as they are now, including regarding Israel. So Jewish voting (like black and I dare say white evangelical voting) is inferentially a peer-group-determined cultural matter in which actual policies are subsidiary to group solidarity.

White Southern Baptists stuck with Carter that year, btw.

Seth Halpern on September 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM

44 days and we can start the transition to retire 44. Can’t happen soon enough.

ConservativeLA on September 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 9:54 AM

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 9:59 AM

RedCrow:

Stumbled on this looking for Koch/Lieberman!:)

And,good points.Watch this one,Oh Boy,with the tune of,…..

…..New Ad Set to Wagner Asks Jewish Voters:
==============================================

Whose Democratic Party?

Is Obama moving the Democratic Party in an anti-Israel direction?
Published on Sep 12, 2012 by EmergCmteForIsrael
************************************************

Video:(1:01)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 10:17 AM

44 days and we can start the transition to retire 44. Can’t happen soon enough.

ConservativeLA on September 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM

ConsevariveLA:Now that,was Brilliant!:)

canopfor on September 24, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Grendel Obama

Ben Hur on September 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

If I offended you, I apologize.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM

No. Not at all offended.

Sure there are Israelis who dislike American Jews. There are those who dislike French, British, Ethiopian or Russian Jews, too.

I just disagree with the sweeping generalization.

Even myself, I would not describe as disliking American Jews. I loathe self hating Jews from wherever they hail from but it is incorrect to describe American Jewry as self-loathing. I feel very sad, often frustrated, about my fellow brethren. If history is patient with them, they will fade away like the marranos of Spain. No matter what, there were plenty of Jews and non-Jews alike who will have correctly warned them, “we told you so.”

Shy Guy on September 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I.e. I don’t have a lot of confidence in the restraint of a nuclear-armed Iran.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Ah! what i meant was that Israel isn’t looking for a war.

The leaders of Iran won’t start a war directly, I believe, even though Dinnerjacket talks big.

Contrary to popular understand, Dinnerjacket is NOT the true head-of-state over there. I forget the guy’s name, but he’s the head Imam or something. He is the real one in charge.

Sorry I was unclear in my post, but I agree your post and thoughts are valid.

My thrust is that Obama will make a way for a war to happen. There is no such thing as a true vacuum; any empty space is going to be filled somewhere along the line. That applies in politics as much as in natural science.

I’m not sure if many know, but we just carried out a recent war exercise with a scenario of the US vs Iran. What happened scared the living daylights out of the people running it.

The war wasn’t intentional. What happened is that, despite best efforts, events spiraled out of control so fast that we ended up shooting at each other.

If I recall my history correctly, that’s how WWI happened. No one wanted it, but events got beyond anyone’s ability to cantain the inevitable result.

That was just my way of thinking when I made my original post. ~S~

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I’m in – let me know how to help.

matthew8787 on September 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Shy Guy on September 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I can kinda-sorta relate to your disfavor of the self-loathing Jew, the same way I can’t figure out how a fellow Christian can somehow accept abortion.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Thank God Romney is over 20 points ahead of this marxist in the polls… Oh Wait!

bgibbs1000 on September 24, 2012 at 10:30 AM

It’s really annoying when countries drop nuclear weapons during one’s backswing. It’s just noise that the golfer needs to be able to block out, but, still, it’s really annoying.

MTF on September 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM

That was just my way of thinking when I made my original post. ~S~

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thanks for your clarification.

The Ayatollah is the “supreme leader.” Currently, I think the guy is called Ali Khamenei. While I think that there’s been some strife between he and Ahmadinnerjacket, I don’t think their beliefs are much different.

If Odumbo is re-elected, I’ll pray that you’re right–because Iran will certainly get the bomb.

If Odumbo loses, I’ll pray that we’ve sold Israel some super-duper-bunker-busters that fly true.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM

PRESIDENT OBAMA: “When it comes to our national security decisions—any pressure that I feel is simply to do what’s right for the American people. And I am going to block out—any noise that’s out there.

Good for him.

verbaluce on September 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Obama, just like the rest of the moslems, despises the Joos and acts accordingly.

Watch what he does next.

dockywocky on September 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Good for him.

verbaluce on September 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Right, because it’s in the interest of the American people to allow Iran to develop a nuclear bomb.

Jeremiah Wright’s disciple indeed.

sentinelrules on September 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM

At this point, Israel only needs us because we have such industrial capacity. The State is what–about the size of New Jersey?

Israel doesn’t need our technology quite so much any more. If I’m not mistaken, they have deployed an operational anti-missile system that uses lasers.

Star Trek, here we come!

You’re right about the Imam over there. You got his name right. I simply call him Kama Sutra, to keep it neat, easy, and clean.

I do know what you mean, though. Those loonies are into the idea of the Twelfth Imam (the idea of some vengeful kid coming out of a well to destroy the planet seems like a ghost story, a la The Ring).

I’m just not sure Iran will carry out its threats, although their getting nukes is inevitable. They may not realize it–or maybe they do–that nuclear brinksmanship inevitably includes the theory of MAD when going against another nuclear power. More dangerous for Iran is LOW–Launch On Warning.

We could absorb a nuclear attack and still retain capability to retaliate. Because of it’s small size, Israel can’t. So, if Iran were to strike, it will also end up being destroyed.

Hopefully, the Iranians already have this all figured out and so won’t even try what they keep menacing.

I think what Iran really wants is local hegemony, the prestige of being the only nuclear power in the region.

Attacking Israel will be the end of Iran, and I like to think that Dinnerjacket and Kama Sutra both know it.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Here’s an ad I would pay good money to buy in Florida:

Picture of Obama, with a transcript of his “noise” quote underneath.

Fade to picture of Ahmadinejad, with a transcript of his “noise” quote underneath.

Fade to black.

Doodad Pro on September 24, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM

You may be correct.

An intriguing question to me is whether another nuclear power would retaliate if Iran were to launch on Israel.

As for Odumbo, I really don’t think he would. More likely, he’d deliver a (modestly) stern speech denouncing the destruction of Israel, calling for an end to nuclear weapons, and ending with an apology for the West’s transgressions against Islam.

Truthfully, I don’t even think he warns Iran unequivocally, once we get confirmation of their final nuclear capabilities, of a decimating US response should they nuke Israel. (IMO, he hates Israel and is an extraordinarily weak man.)

I did not know about that. I hope you’re right, and that their device works.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I did not know about that. I hope you’re right, and that their device works.

RedCrow on September 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I don’t know much about the Israeli ABM system, but it was developed in conjunction with us. If I’m not mistaken, the Israeli deployment is called Iron Dome–an integrated defense that uses missiles as well as lasers.

And only God and Israel know what else they have deployed.

We proved a fighter jet can shoot down a satellite. We didn’t deploy the weapon, but an F-15 once took out an orbiting satellite in a test run.

We have also launched an ICBM from a cargo plane. We didn’t make operational that method of deployment, but the concept became a reality in a test run.

I’m sure Iran knows what it’s up against if it attacks Israel. They may wipe out the State, but neither will they survive to enjoy the imagined fruits of such a stupid endeavor.

Liam on September 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I just disagree with the sweeping generalization.

Shy Guy on September 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I’m reminded of my mother who, after a trip to the Canary Islands, announced, “Africans hate black Americans.” After hearing this for many years, I finally asked, “What if they just didn’t like fancy Americans–not all, just yall?”

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Good for him.

verbaluce on September 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Why, is he too dumb, too short attention span or why exactly he needs to block ‘noise’ from the only ally the US has in that region and possibly in the world right now…

jimver on September 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Because it makes too much sense, I guess…also the news events don’t quite favor O currently, do they :)…

jimver on September 24, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Look at those dead eyes. This guy is one creeeeepy dude. He’s on a mission, and he HATES us and our country. He isn’t one of us.

bob77 on September 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Bishop on September 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Bishop, I am Jewish, and I don’t understand the mindset either. It’s particularly frustrating to see friends and family act so foolishly.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on September 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM

jimver on September 24, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Sad, true…but still danged annoying.

:\

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Dennis Prager always seems to get it right when it comes to American Jews and their devotion to liberal/ leftist politics: they have translated their concern for the underdog into a secular/ political committment. Since the Left has apparently made this their ideological enterpiece, it seems like a good and self-satisfying marriage. I’m not saying that American Jews are not serious about their religion, but doesn’t Judaism also emphasize temporal good works?

The Left is not really too concerned about the underdog. It seems to be obsessed with retaining power and control, but that’s another argument. Liberal American Jews, like many of us, may often get overwhelmed by an urge to do something/anything about apparent needs, regardless of long term consequences or contradictions.

ronco on September 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM

If O was a Republican, this would be all over the news and referred to as a gaffe.

COgirl on September 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Well, I’m Jewish too and I don’t understand the blind support for this guy. Now having said that, while I don’t know the party affiliation of ALL my family, but I only know of one couple who will likely vote Democrat this year. And interestingly enough most of the Republican family members are in New Jersey. And many DID build their own businesses. One is also a cardiologist who chased Alec Baldwin down a street in NYC to give him a piece of his mind.

COgirl on September 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I will never understand Jewish support for Obama in the United States. There shouldn’t be one Jew who supports this man. Yet I’m sure he will still get over 60% of them to pull the lever for the D in the WH.

Conservative4Ever on September 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Maybe a lot of these liberals think like this idiot…

workingclass artist on September 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

You think?

Let me ask you a few simple questions. Yes, I know history has been greatly re-written since, but nonetheless it is out there.

Who wrote Das Kapital?
Who were the first adeherents of Das Kapital and first communist party organizers in Tsrist Russia?
Who organized and paid for Russian Revolution of 1917?
Who ere so proud of their “accomplishment” of 1917 that they immediately changed their surnames to Slavic names to hie their ancestry?
Who, out of that first tranche of communists In Russia then moved to USA and invaded our educational system as well propagate their communist views? Don’t forget that Alinksy, who simply took a well developed by then communist manual of suppression and intimidation, and don’t forget Rosenbergs for selling out nuclear secrets, just a few well known cases, not that Planned Parenthood is far behind.
Who is funding communist extremism today via unions and media? Starts with S, although I have a strong suspicion he is a Nazi masquerading as a Jew in order to gain legal status here.
Our education system is nothing but communist Jews corrupting young minds from an early age.

Have no idea why anyone would even ask if these idiots share their views with Hussein. THEY TAUGHT HIM THE VIEWS.

I have utter disgust and disdain for the group I share blood with. And people expect these senile idiots in FL to somehow forget everything their parents drilled into them from an early age and vite with a voice of reason?

riddick on September 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM

They’re one of our closest allies in the region.

This is 100% pure garbage.

Obama considers Israel the enemy and anything they say as noise as he also stated here.

His allies are Egypt, Turkey, Iran, Lybia, Syria, Iraq. They are the ones helping him create an Islamic States of the World. Most likely with Obama as President.

Steveangell on September 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Conservative4Ever on September 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Many Jews from the USSR just used Israel as a stepping stone to get to America.

Just because someone is a Jew does not mean they support Israel. They may see Israel as an unnecessary thorn that causes too much attention to Jews. They may prefer that Israel not even exist.

Communism/Socialism does offer the lazy and old the security of enough money to survive with no work required. Thus if you lose everything somehow you will at least get that government check and help with an apartment and food. The Democrats provide that.

Why Social Security first started. The Democrats knew they could expand it such that they would remain in power.

Steveangell on September 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Noise, just noise…

SoonerFn4Lfe on September 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Many Jews from the USSR just used Israel as a stepping stone to get to America.

Steveangell on September 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM

YOU ARE DEAD WRONG!

Read my post just above. We were as much victims of the USA Jews (all communists from Tsarist Russia) as anyone. We paid with BLOOD for the deeds of those who either escaped post 1917 (to USA) or were part of the government who then punished Jews severely (taking up Slavic surnames to hide out).

98% of us, Soviet Jews, allowed by USSR to leave and either settle in Israel or proceed to USA (as my family did) are nothing but CONSERVATIVE, THE most reliable conservative voting block in USA today. By far. We know communism and its ideas, know they never worked and never will and do know how these ideas are “implemented”. Good thing Stalin was poisoned, he was about ready to start the “Jewish doctors” prosecution before his death for a “final solution” of the Jewish problem, a bit more “humane” than Hitler’s because not all of the “guilty” would be executed, some would be allowed to rot in GULAG.

Jews voting for Hussein are those who emigrated prior to WWII, not after. Look at NY area (and now FL residents), Chicago (Alinksy anyone?) and Hollywood (need I say more?).

Let’s keep the numbers straight.

riddick on September 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Let’s keep the numbers straight.

riddick on September 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

One of the reasons I post here is to learn.

It does make sense that they who lived under communism would not want to return to it.

So you are very likely correct. It is the pre WW1 Jews that support the Democrats for the most part.

But even you stated that many used Israel as a stepping stone to America. I guess you are saying they always intended to migrate to America. I stated that poorly and agree with you. They were forced to use Israel as a stepping stone. They always wanted to move to America.

Steveangell on September 24, 2012 at 1:38 PM

The Scripture prophecy says in the latter days the people will believe a lie and this will be the time of “Jacob’s Troubles.” The American Jews, comfortable and willfully buying the lie will likely vote the Won back in and hasten the worldwide persecution of Jews and the attempted destruction of Israel. It will also take down this country which is the only way the enemies of Israel make their move.

wepeople on September 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM

When we left, pretty much the “pioneers” in February of 1973, way before the likes of Scharansky and word “refuseniks” was invented, the only choice we knew of was Israel. And the only way one could, by submitting the paperwork and an “invitation” to immigrate to Israel ONLY IF YOU HAD RELATIVES THERE. We actually wanted to settle there, but being the first to arrive we were met with no jobs nor Israel ready to integrate us. We left in Dec of 1973 once we were told we may ask for USA refugee status in Italy. Went there and with the help Jewish charity organizations were able to apply for USA legal status and entry, took more than 3 months, Nixon administration helped by speeding up the process (for political refugees).

I do meet a few communists from our so called “third wave” migration (after WWI and WWII waves), but just a few. Shame is that those who are rabid communists are the most visible ones: Mila Kunis, Natalie Portman and Sergei Brin, have no idea if they understand why their parents left USSR in the first place. But, by and large, our wave is nothing but conservative and more anti-communist than any other group, no other group has suffered like we did. I hope the rest of us are not judged by the few idiots in Hollywood and Google. BTW, you do know that lawyer going after Hussein’s missing birth certificate is a Russian Jew :-)

We do not share our convictions with the those who re-shaped USA so much. No way, no how. There is roughly 500K of us here and we make up a large block of Jews that do not vote for Democrats, we are a large part of that ~20% who vote anti-Democrat. We KNEW how things will turn out before the 2008 Election, we knew each and every step Hussein would take since we saw it all before.

As I posted here a couple of months ago, it took Stalin and Co. roughly 10+ years to accomplish what Hussein and Co. did in less than 4.

Factual history is a damned thing…

riddick on September 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

The American Jews, comfortable and willfully buying SPREADING the lie…

wepeople on September 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM

FIFY for the more factual representation.

riddick on September 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM

lucyvanpelt on September 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

It’s the D after his name and the historical preoccupation with siding with minorities, even when they’re wrong and even when they hate you.

Plus, jews live in fear that there could be another holocaust here and that siding with Israel will lead to their demise, if the US is hurt because of what Isarel does. If the Israeli bombing of Iran results in dead US troops or an economic crash, they fear death and blame.

Lastly, the need to say ” we support the US over Israel” is very important to people who are regularly accused of divided loyalty. Hence if you oppose Israel, at least sometimes, you innoculate yourself against this charge.

clnurnberg on September 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Adding Natalie Portman to my growing list of Hollywooden Heads that I won’t support with my money.

avagreen on September 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Plus, jews live in fear that there could be another holocaust here…

clnurnberg on September 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Will not happen again. Or at least won’t happen to the conservative group of us.

riddick on September 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM